PDA

View Full Version : Killing babys will reduce crime.

SK
Fri, 09-30-2005, 02:08 PM
Story here:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITI...tt.comments/index.html (http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/30/bennett.comments/index.html)

Munsu
Fri, 09-30-2005, 02:17 PM
Yeah, this is a stupid article, just like most of the shit written in the media... people are bored and find the most ridiculous things to make a story about it... If they are bored, they should just go into a secluded room and jack-off for the whole day... don't plaster me with shitty articles about crap...

Honoko
Fri, 09-30-2005, 03:08 PM
wow, i can't believe i just read that. and i hate how politicians even when they're criticizing someone they're all PC and polite about it. "the comments are inappropriate" my ass. the guy's a friggin moron!

Y
Fri, 09-30-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by: Honoko
wow, i can't believe i just read that. and i hate how politicians even when they're criticizing someone they're all PC and polite about it. "the comments are inappropriate" my ass. the guy's a friggin moron!

A politician can't exactly go on TV and say "Man, what a dipshit!"

Also, his logic is poor - I mean, aborting ALL babies would reduce the crime rate to 0%, but that sure as fuck isn't a good idea either.

SK
Fri, 09-30-2005, 03:33 PM
That he is still trying to defend his comments and not just do the normal apology is what I find surprising.

~1~

Munsu
Fri, 09-30-2005, 03:50 PM
That he's stading by his words is what he really should do... not some half-assed apology that's worth nothing, except to make another article about it...

Zhan
Fri, 09-30-2005, 04:29 PM
What a racist dude, that old fuck

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 09-30-2005, 04:54 PM
All he did was give a theory. Maybe it wasn't the smartest thing to say, but it happens. I don't see how it's all shocking.

dark maginn
Fri, 09-30-2005, 06:16 PM
hes such a dumbass

complich8
Fri, 09-30-2005, 06:58 PM
interestingly, many sociologists believe that the relative decline of crime rates in recent years is the direct result of the Roe vs. Wade decision. Because if you seriously don't want your child, you're not going to raise them well. Children that would be aborted are more likely to become criminals than wanted children. Parents who would consider abortion generally aren't ready to be parents, whether it's for economic, social, or lifestyle reasons.

That guy's statement certainly oversimplifies that ... but the vast majority of violent crime comes from the bottom tier of the socioeconomic ladder, and even today you'll find an overrepresentation of blacks there (or rather, an underrepresentation of blacks in the middle and upper classes).

I think the point he was trying to make was that if you want to end crime, you should abort all the children who would be born at or below the poverty line. But you'd be "throwing out the baby with the bathwater" so to speak, because a lot of great people come from lousy places. I think it's more important to address the causes of poverty than the results of it, y'know?

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 09-30-2005, 07:18 PM
Nicely put. That still doesn't change the brazen racism that guy displayed. One thing's for certain, he has plenty of balls, if little brains.

SK
Fri, 09-30-2005, 07:58 PM
No complich the whole thing is that that isn't his point. You're not racist so you're probably just assuming that is his thinking, but it's not. His thinking is not to abort all babies in a certain class, it's to abort all BLACK babies. He is being RACIST by assigning certain traits to one race. That someone would say something like that, even if he had left race out and only said to abort all babies that would be born into poverty, it's a horrible thing to say. That the thought crosses the mind of a former White House official is even worse.

@ The Heretic Azazel: Congratulations, You're Racist!

~1~

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-30-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by: SK

~1~

If I'd get a nickle every time I saw you accuse someone of being racist, I'd get rich, buy a plane ticket and fly over to your place and tell you personally to stop doing that. And then I'd buy an Yzak doll for the change. But seriously, shut up. He didn't write anything that can even remotely be called racist.

Fri, 09-30-2005, 08:07 PM
Submitted for the approval of the midnight society I call this:
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2061/afraid3ib3wl.jpg

SK
Fri, 09-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

~1~

If I'd get a nickle every time I saw you accuse someone of being racist, I'd get rich, buy a plane ticket and fly over to your place and tell you personally to stop doing that. And then I'd buy an Yzak doll for the change. But seriously, shut up. He didn't write anything that can even remotely be called racist.

By saying he didn't find anything shocking, and that it was just a theory, that's racist. How would you like it if I said, "We should kill all white babys, then you'd have less stupidity in the world."
And someone said, there's nothing wrong with that comment, just a theory. C'mon now......

~1~

EDIT: @ mut, why'd you bother posting then, shut the fuck up and stop trolling you dumb piece of shit.

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-30-2005, 08:20 PM
http://valethcosmo.free.fr/Forum/omfgkimi.jpg

He said that he didn't see it as very shocking. Which, to me, looks like a perfectly neutral stance.
I'm not shocked either, because it's not very unusual that people like this say stupid shit like that nowadays.
Am I racist too?

Y
Fri, 09-30-2005, 08:27 PM
EDIT: @ mut, why'd you bother posting then, shut the fuck up and stop trolling you dumb piece of shit.

How dare you insult an Are You Afraid Of The Dark reference, you philistine.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 09-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Fine, I'm a big old white racist.

Someone change my forum name from Genin to Grand Dragon or Imperial Wizard

Seriously!

Winged Dancer
Fri, 09-30-2005, 09:52 PM
Wow, a Are You afraid of the Dark macro!! *love*

And I kinda agree with Azazel. Its not surprising when people go and say stupid things... and the guy from that article is seriously stupid. Seriously. I mean, if you want to take an absolute point of view, sure, it'd do to just kill babies, but then why only babies, why not go ahead and kill everyone under the poverty line? That'd be just as wrong, and if someone published an article saying that he'd be just as stupid.

It kinda reminds me when that writer, can't remember his name right now (Swift, I think), published an essay that said something like this...

"If people multiply geometrically and crops multiply arithmetically, that means we'll have more people than food, right? Then all we have to do is eat the poor's babies! That way we have both food AND we decrease the population!!"

He was joking, of course, but people went ahead and believed him. Idiots.

Honoko
Sat, 10-01-2005, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by: Y

Originally posted by: Honoko

A politician can't exactly go on TV and say "Man, what a dipshit!"
You're right, he can't. but it would've been vastly amusing i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif and not to mention, refreshingly accurate.

2:25
Sat, 10-01-2005, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by: Winged Dancer

It kinda reminds me when that writer, can't remember his name right now (Swift, I think), published an essay that said something like this...
Yep, it's Swift-- A Modest Proposal.

As for the comment, man...he should really think before he says stuff like that, especially when he's a politician.

XanBcoo
Sat, 10-01-2005, 02:43 AM
A Modest Proposal was the funniest thing I've ever read in an English class.

But I don't think this guy was going for the same effect...

SK
Sat, 10-01-2005, 08:53 AM
Well I've never heard anyone say something like this, except maybe Hitler or someone.

~1~

Y
Sat, 10-01-2005, 09:16 AM
Well I've never heard anyone say something like this, except maybe Hitler or someone.

~1~

"Bennett conceded that aborting all African-American babies "would be an impossible, ridiculous, and morally reprehensible thing to do," then added again, "but the crime rate would go down.""

He was making these statements in order to rebut a caller's point about abortion saving money, not to agree with the idea that aborting babies is cool.

EDIT:

This makes every previous post in this thread invalid including mine.

Assertn
Sat, 10-01-2005, 02:20 PM
i think the argument wasnt about whether its in favor of killing african-american babies...but that he linked african-americans to crime...
which is a touchy subject

SK
Sat, 10-01-2005, 05:51 PM
Oh snap! assertn said something smart!

~1~

Assertn
Sat, 10-01-2005, 06:13 PM
it doesn't take a genius to know the way you are with touchy subjects i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

panzy

SK
Sat, 10-01-2005, 06:55 PM
You're so sexy.

~1~

DB_Hunter
Sat, 10-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Ok so we have had a good cry about the news item... now what?

Y
Sat, 10-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
i think the argument wasnt about whether its in favor of killing african-american babies...but that he linked african-americans to crime...

But it's true. I mean, saying "white guys statistically have smaller penises then black guys" isn't something I'd say in polite company (which was this guy's mistake) but it's a true statement.

Assassin
Sun, 10-02-2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by: Y

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

But it's true. I mean, saying "white guys statistically have smaller penises then black guys" isn't something I'd say in polite company (which was this guy's mistake) but it's a true statement.

this is the most accurate post i've seen in this thread so far. Y is completely, 100% rite

...white guys generally do have smaller penises then black guys.

Xollence
Sun, 10-02-2005, 12:54 AM
They say Indians have the smallest out of all the races.

Munsu
Sun, 10-02-2005, 03:05 AM
You were probably just watching Chris Rock's standup in Comedy Central

SK
Sun, 10-02-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by: Xollence

I heard Indians (as in Native Americans) had the biggest not black guys.

~1~

masamuneehs
Sun, 10-02-2005, 10:01 AM
This idea is retarded (as the person actually admitted later) and this topic should be closed. That's my two cents, go buy yourself a moon pie. Or give it to a beggar before he slits your throat for a sandwich.

SK
Sun, 10-02-2005, 05:59 PM
^^WTF?
Stop trolling fool.

~1~

Assassin
Sun, 10-02-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by: Xollence

good thing im not indian then eh?

Assertn
Sun, 10-02-2005, 07:53 PM
you guys are a bunch of idiots

SK
Sun, 10-02-2005, 09:13 PM
And yet, you're still here.

~1~

complich8
Sun, 10-02-2005, 09:35 PM
this is getting out of hand, and nobody's said anything useful in a while.

I'm surprised the mods have let this go on as long as they have.