PDA

View Full Version : corupted torrent?

yeayea
Thu, 09-29-2005, 09:12 AM
iv always gotton torrents from here never had a problem but as i was downloadin one of the batch naruto 76-100
it just stop funny thin is now i noticed that the tracker adress is different when its always tracker.gotwoot.net (as shown on 2nd pic) now it just sya a bunch of i dunno what...so i download the same torrent couple more times i try bitcomet samething....so i try another torrent file and it worked find so could it be that just this file may have became corupted or something and is there a fix ?

1st pic like all seeds just vanished
http://x4.putfile.com/9/27109032478.jpg

2nd pic everythin workin fine for this torrent
http://x4.putfile.com/9/27109035916.jpg

yeayea
Thu, 09-29-2005, 09:35 AM
i got it to say the tracker url back to what it use to be the tracker.gotwoot.net
but now it tells me this error (requested download is not authorized for use with this tracker) any help with the meaning to that?

complich8
Fri, 09-30-2005, 02:12 AM
DHT is "Distributed Hash Table". It's used for trackerless torrents.

Azureus recently (well, not THAT recently, like 4 or 5 months ago) rolled distributed tracking into the main azureus client. That's what you're on there, with its crappy 2 peers apparently.

Distributed tracking is a good idea for things that you'd worry about ... like distributing documents detailing a despot's despotism in the country you live in, or downloading the latest hollywood release while avoiding a horribly short-lived single tracker. However, it's not very good for the anime community, and I'd highly recommend disabling it.

It looks like the first torrent in question is, in fact, running on the distributed tracker. The info hash is different than the hash that gotwoot's tracking for the same thing, so gotwoot tracker doesn't know what the hell that file is, and is thus rejecting it. I'd strongly urge you to disable distributed tracking in preferences, and to re-download the torrent and attempt to resume it from the tracker that's actually tracking it.

yeayea
Fri, 09-30-2005, 05:50 AM
thank u for that reply was able 2 get that crazy tracker to go away wha i did was right click on the tracker and clicked edit...and what i saw was a big list of a bunch of trackers..so i deleted them all and left the one gotwoot tracker i thought i would be able to download but then this started i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

since this is the offical tracker website (i think) would i be able to get any info if it was removed from or list of torrents or is that a problem from my side...i downloaded same torrent couple times thinking maybe there was an updated one but dosent seem to be the case

http://x4.putfile.com/9/27205445810.jpg

complich8
Fri, 09-30-2005, 06:24 PM
right right, but that torrent's got the wrong info hash too.

I'd recommend deleting the torrent (but not the data!) and re-downloading it. I think you should be able to resume against your current files, assuming they're named correctly.

Your "hash" field should be 18CD6BCA4904E5FAC302FC112A6814AD678A0941 . If it's anything else, the tracker will reject it, and it wouldn't find peers even if the tracker didn't reject it.

yeayea
Sun, 10-02-2005, 08:09 PM
tyvm u was much help got it back up and running thx =)

A+++++++++