PDA

View Full Version : Fillers getting better??

kaniskii
Wed, 09-28-2005, 11:53 PM
I was wondering what you guys think about this...

While I was watching the new Naruto eps, I was like "Hey, this is not that bad".

Now is it that the fillers and the writers are getting better, maybe they are listening to the comments about how the fillers suck( because im sure if we hate the fillers, so do they over there), or are we just becoming acustomed to these stories. I would like to think myself that they are actually getting better, using cooler chracters, more interesting villans, new ways to use moves.

It seems like the anime team is actually trying. And I also wonder, kinda on another subject, do you think that they try not to make the filler characters better than the original cast on purpose? Maybe they dont want a huge following on them, or for them to take away the thunder of the main cast.

comments?

Jadugar
Wed, 09-28-2005, 11:57 PM
There is a reason they are labeled "fillers". They arnt getting better we are just getting use to them.

I just watched episode 132,133 an hour ago and these two episodes were better than all of the fillers put together.

Strider
Thu, 09-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by: Jadugar
I just watched episode 132,133 an hour ago and these two episodes were better than all of the fillers put together.

That's also a bit unfair. Sure the fillers suck (I have not seen the last two fillers arcs), but you just compared them to one of those most visually entertaining and stimulating episodes in the series. 133 is gold. Pure platinum.

I haven't seen this Team Gai filler arc, but I'm sure I'll enjoy the intro episode, which is bound to be horrendous, much more than I did episode 32.

The fillers are most likely not getting better, though. You're just enjoying them more since you're secretly a massive Rock Lee and Neji fan, like I. So, anything involving them becomes pleasant and enjoyable to watch - as opposed to watching Iruka and uber Mizuki bounce around, fighting with kunai.

Jadugar
Thu, 09-29-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by: Strider
You're just enjoying them more since you're secretly a massive Rock Lee and Neji fan, like I. So, anything involving them becomes pleasant and enjoyable to watch

Damm. I a have been caught. I like Lee as much as Naruto and Neji. In my opinion he is most under ratted character. My heart went out to him when he was crippled by Gara and to hear the news that he wouldnt be able to fight again. We all have a Lee inside us who wants to show others that we can succeed if we try hard enough.

As for the fillers because you havent seen them thats why I will excuse you. Take my advice and put a bucket near you when you want to watch the filler in case you might want to puke in it.

Strider
Thu, 09-29-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by: Jadugar
Take my advice and put a bucket near you when you want to watch the filler in case you might want to puke in it.

That bad, 'eh?

But, c'mon .. the latest one has Team Gai in it! It can't be so bad, where it'd induce vomitting .. right? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Jadugar
Thu, 09-29-2005, 09:18 PM
It has Naruto too. I just cant hear him say these lines again and again.

"I will bring back Sasuk"
"I wont forgive you"
"I will kick your ass"
"Oritebayo" and it ends with
"Rasengan".

Strider
Mon, 10-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Man, you exaggerated so much with the fillers.

Okay, the Sasame-chan and Field Country mission filler was bad, and GOOD GOD did it only get eight million times worse with the "Return of Mizuki."

But, the Kurenai Team filler was golden, in comparison. And, I actually enjoyed it. Shino was hilarious, and great to watch. I was glad he was given some time to shine, and Hinata proved her worth - unlike some females. *cough*Sakura*cough*

Plus, that second episode had me CRACKING up! When Shino was like, "Okay. Here is a picture of the insect we are searching for .." And, Naruto responds, while his eyes narrow as the flashback settles, ".. I've seen that before. I had no idea it was so rare. It was while I was eating my ramen, and one snuck out from under my food, and then there were swarms of them." And, the rest of them were looking at him like the biggest idiot. I was crying. If this filler arc was this decent, I'm actually looking forward to the Team Gai filler.

They ARE getting better. Thankfully.

XanBcoo
Mon, 10-10-2005, 04:34 PM
I agree. I think they are getting progressively better - with the Stupid Bros. arc being the exception (but I never even bothered to watch the Rice country arc).

There were things I didn't like about the team 8 filler though - namely Hinata's goofy jutsu, and the villians.

And as I said in the most recent episode discussion, I didn't like Lee's fighting while unconcious, 'cause it makes a complete mockery of his fight against Gaara. He's becoming a gimmick.

RedX1z
Mon, 10-10-2005, 09:40 PM
fillers are alright, but they just went over the line, but then again i guess they're trying to fill up the time between then and two years later.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 10-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by: kaniskii
Now is it that the fillers and the writers are getting better....

Thats an oxymoron (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=oxymoron)...

Jadugar
Mon, 10-10-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by: Phoenix20578

Originally posted by: kaniskii
Now is it that the fillers and the writers are getting better....

Thats an oxymoron (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=oxymoron)...

lol. I have nothing to say. I am speechless. lol.

Fillers will be fillers.

Lucied
Tue, 10-11-2005, 12:50 AM
The team Gai filler would be alot better if they didn't manage to work finding sasuke into a completly irrelevant story arc.

heero
Tue, 10-11-2005, 01:43 AM
why cant they have good fights in fillers. Is that a rule? .....

Strider
Tue, 10-11-2005, 11:58 AM
Yes.

Fillers can't exceed the actual work of the creators. That'd be a form of disrespect.

That doesn't mean the fillers have to be absolute trash, as the majority of them have been, though. And, that is what I don't understand.

Dionysos
Tue, 10-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Naruto dont get better only worse

masamuneehs
Tue, 10-11-2005, 02:16 PM
I'm going to say that the after the "Return of Mizuki" garbage with the Fat-Stupid Brothers the fillers only had one place to go....up...

Recent ones have been better, though I didn't much like the search for the Super-Tracking Bug, even though it was good to see more Kiba and crew.

Strider
Tue, 10-11-2005, 05:47 PM
You're right about that one. After making Mizuki the star villain, and bullshitting their way into drawing a connection between him and Orochimaru, there was only one direction the fillers could have gone .. and that was up.

I have not seen the most recent filler, with Team Gai .. but, I shall this weekend. I have them downloaded, I just have not dedicated any time to anime watching.

Kurenai's Team arc wasn't that bad. At least, I did not think so. Hinata's own original technique was quite weird, and could have been better. But, you have to remember it's Hinata. She wasn't taught anything, since the Head Household considers her extremely weak and a waste of talent. So, I thought it was cute for her to define herself with her own training, and the ability to come up with her own move - which was something similiar to Kaiten (as it was described as an 'Ultimate Defense') and 64 Hands of Hakke, for the obvious reasons of her utilizing her hands to create that impenetrable barrier around her.

Goofy, and sub-par to true Hyuuga, but still enjoyable to see. And, I like how we were shown some of her past training. She took a great deal of those Gatsuuga's. Ouch. And, during all that time, I don't recall Sakura doing shit except picking flowers and whining about Sasuke. So, Hinata definitely rose a few nothces in my book.

Shino also owns. So, again .. I was happy for him to get some minutes of fame.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 10-11-2005, 11:07 PM
Fillers = crap.

i/expressions/devil.gif

Strider
Tue, 10-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Field Country Filler = Donkey Doo
Mizuki & Baka Bros. Filler = Purebred, stir-fried shit
Bikouchuu Filler = Crap
Team Gai Filler = .. 'eh, still haven't seen it.

But, crap is more welcomed than anything relating to Mizuki or Fuujin & Raijin, so lighten up. How much more filler can they really come up? The Kakashi Gaiden's coming soon ..

Jadugar
Thu, 10-13-2005, 08:49 PM
I just watched ep 155. Anyone who thinks that fillers are getting better is a fool. This arc sucked big time.

I am so annoyed at these filler writers and animaters. Are they part-timers or what? I am sure they get big bucks to write and animate these fillers then why cant they come up with better story line.

Necromas
Thu, 10-13-2005, 08:54 PM
I think they are. Plain as that.

Lucied
Sat, 10-15-2005, 06:36 PM
The team Gai filler isn't that bad. I don't like how they are trying to mimic the whole Haku and Zabuza arc tho, they arn't even coming close to the same emotional atmosphere. The filler really should of ended with the last episode, but they just gotta squeeze out one more episode so they can have Naruto use rasengan again, once per filler just isn't enough.

Moonfire
Mon, 10-17-2005, 03:18 PM
They need a gaara filler.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 10-17-2005, 05:00 PM
We need more fillers like we need a shot in the head.

Masamune
Mon, 10-17-2005, 06:43 PM
the first 2 filler stories were bad.

I found the bikochou filler reasonably done.
but at the end where naruto uses rasengan, they're all like , "oh he used rasengan, ah well ".
when they have never seen that technique before.
esspecially kiba should be OMGWTFBBQWATERMELON , since he was already irritated at the fact naruto had aquired a new technique, and they he is having a hard time keeping up. ( in the manga he still doesnt even know the name or anything about it whatsoever.)
also in the bikochou filler, almost no direct attacks were used. it was set ups and plans, hostages and extortion.

Im not really keen on the latest filler arc.
It just feels like its solely based on fighting. There is no reason except for some curry OF LIFE (dundundun).
And raiga just isnt living up to a character which should be in the same league as momochi zabuza or hoshigaki kisame.

oh and why neji couldnt look through the mist still hasnt been explained. The red eye kid can create chakra ciruclar systems, and look at event from afar. predict movement. but still hasnt explained anything about blocking the byakugan.

If you actually read all that, you get a free cookie

a_odessey
Mon, 10-17-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by: Masamune
If you actually read all that, you get a free cookie

yay

anyways, *munches on cookie*, i can't believe that people think that the fillers are getting better. (well, i am excluding the fat and fugly brothers). this new arc is so stupid. "granny! your snot is going into the curry!" can't remember his name guy says. karashi "this tastes so good!". wtf?? and think about how hard it is to draw and animate anime! so much time wasted. and effort. if i was spending my time on something like that, well... anyways, how can they live with themselves??? wouldn't the animators, looking at the crap which they made, be fed up with the storyline writers?? wouldn't they do something so they didn't have to labor over crap? well, maybe thy're people who for some reason like it. oh well.

If you actually read all that, you would get a free cookie, but I ate it. Sorry.

chet_chetty
Tue, 10-18-2005, 01:07 PM
the way i look at it is..the crappier the fillers are, the more work they're concurrently putting into the upcoming manga arc. i'll take it.

6Zabuza9
Fri, 10-21-2005, 02:25 AM
the whole "curry of life" thing is getting used too much

el_boss
Fri, 10-21-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by: chet_chetty
the way i look at it is..the crappier the fillers are, the more work they're concurrently putting into the upcoming manga arc. i'll take it.

Or mayby the real staff had to find a better way to fuck their fans so they are on vacation and raping kids all over Japan. Man I knew it, those bastards. If I get my hands on them, they will fell my wrath. I hope Pierrot goes bancrupt and another studio gets to do Naruto.

TS8
Sat, 10-22-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by: Strider
Field Country Filler = Donkey Doo
Mizuki & Baka Bros. Filler = Purebred, stir-fried shit
Bikouchuu Filler = Crap
Team Gai Filler = .. 'eh, still haven't seen it.

But, crap is more welcomed than anything relating to Mizuki or Fuujin & Raijin, so lighten up. How much more filler can they really come up? The Kakashi Gaiden's coming soon ..

How exactly does one breed shit?

Naruto_RNG
Tue, 11-15-2005, 12:59 AM
maybe they think it's getting better because there is more hinata and naruto time together then stupid sakura. i would rather watch those two then seeing one long drama eps about susake and why he left. the 159 is even better then any fillers so far, Naruto turns to hinata and tells her you'll make a good wife some day.

Deadfire
Wed, 11-16-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by: TS8

Warning old joke!

This is how shit breeds

Jack is the son of Awe Schitt and O. Schitt. Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married O. Schitt, the owner of Needeep N. Schitt Inc. They had one son, Jack. In turn Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt, the deeply religious couple produced 6 children. Holie Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Giva Schitt, Bull Schitt, and the twins: Deap Schitt and Dip Schitt. Against her parents' objections, Deap Schitt married Dumb Schitt, a high school drop out. However, after being married 15 years, Jack and Noe Schitt divorced. Noe Schitt later remarried Ted Sherlock and, because her kids were living with them, she wanted to keep her previous name.She was then known as Noe Schitt-Sherlock. Meanwhile, Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt and they produced a son of nervous disposition, Chicken Schitt. Two other of the 6 children, Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt, were inseparable throughout childhood and subsequently married the Happens brothers in a dual ceremony. The wedding announcement in the newspaper announced the Schitt-Happens wedding. The Schitt-Happens children were Dawg, Byrd, and Hoarse. Bull Schitt, the prodigal son, left home to tour the world. He recently returned from Italy with his new Italian bride, Pisa Schitt.

Divinity
Wed, 11-16-2005, 07:39 PM
LOL! Never heard this one before!

aznroyale
Wed, 11-16-2005, 09:21 PM
this filler is like garbage to me

XanBcoo
Wed, 11-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by: Deadfire

Originally posted by: TS8

Warning old joke!

This is how shit breeds

lol, I remember laughing so hard at that joke when I first read it however many years ago. It was called something like "You don't know Jack shit".

But yeah, I can't comment on the fillers since I stopped watching them. Perhaps they are getting less awful, or maybe people are just getting used to them.