PDA

View Full Version : Manga: Vagrant Soldier Ares

Munsu
Tue, 09-27-2005, 06:58 PM
This is the third winner we have, so let's all start reading it...

You can download the series here:

http://www.mangatraders.com/ = Direct Downloads

I'm uploading Volume 7 as we speak... it should be added shortly

There's a new poll to choose the next manga to read, so remember to visit this thread again and cast your vote:

http://forums.gotwoot.net/mess...6201&enterthread=y (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=33&threadid=16201&enterthrea d=y)

Phoenix20578
Wed, 09-28-2005, 01:17 PM
I Downloaded the first 6 volumes, but i've only read the first 5 chapters.
So far, it's pretty good. Little kid mercenaries is not something I would've expected.

Munsu
Wed, 09-28-2005, 01:31 PM
Well volume 7 should be up now...

BTW, remember that you have to read from left to right, and the good stuff starts at volume 2 in my opinion

Shinda
Wed, 09-28-2005, 03:01 PM
read the first two volumes, this seems really promising
all three characters are interesting, 'specially mikael. (I also saw the name as: mikell and micheal...?)
I wonder what he's going to do with that carnaval guy

Munsu
Wed, 09-28-2005, 03:13 PM
I don't know why, but for some reason Ares reminds me of Luffy from One Piece... they have the same "dumbness"

And the main problem with these translations is that this group seems incosistant with the naming, a pain in the ass really...

GhostKaGe
Fri, 09-30-2005, 09:27 AM
Not bad some interesting characters with plent of potential

Can't get used to the left to right thing and the translation seems a little inconsistant as Bud said

dark maginn
Fri, 09-30-2005, 04:16 PM
just read 3 volumes and its pretty good will continue it

Munsu
Fri, 09-30-2005, 06:45 PM
I don't know, for some reason the character designs for me look very similar to that of Samurai Chaploo, especially the body structure and the the face... also I find that all the kid's fights look like it's Mugen fighting all over the place...

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Read all 7 volumes released. It gives me the "Golden Age" arc of Berserk feel, but even though its hardly comparable to Berserk, its probably the closest thing out there. I liked the parts with Ariadne the best, really showing how hard it is for people so skilled at killing people to live in some semblance of normalcy with regular people. At least she accepted him in the end.

relevasius
Tue, 10-04-2005, 10:28 PM
I'm not really feeling this one at all.
The story, and even the action, is kind of dull, but worst of all is the dialogue; this is some of the worst writing I've ever seen, but I guess that may be a translation issue. Regardless I'll stick with it now that I've read all the current releases, so I'll try not to bitch too much.

This manga needs better illustration during fight scenes to make the action more intense. Then ace the 5th grade morality lessons and we'll be on our way to glory.

Ryllharu
Wed, 10-05-2005, 06:59 AM
Long post, I hope someone actually reads the whole thing.

I am assuming you mean more panels for each of the fights as I make this rebuttal. If they did that like Naruto and Bleach (particularly Naruto) we'd see in great detail what they're doing, but then we'd have like 4 whole chapters devoted to a single part of a fight (granted, there are some like that in Ares, but the one I'm thinking of is rather drawn out normally and quite long by itself). I'll take content over wasted panels and chapters if that was what you meant.

If by better illustrated you mean more detailed so you can actually see the strike instead of a line through the guy to show he's been cut in half, then I still haven't seen anything worth complaining about in the series. Generally speaking, Korean manga's aren't exactly rife with detail in the first place (of the three or four I've read) compared to certain Japanese manga serials. I think it fits the style, especially of Ares, who's blade is too fast to be seen by his oppenents, which is the whole 'wind' thing. [being vague, trying my best not to spoil and still give necessary details] It's no Berserk by any means, but then again, we get chapters of Ares more frequently than 2 weeks to 2 months. If this was what you meant, I see more clearly where you're coming from, but personally I have no complaints.

As for the morality issue, this is a manga about wars, there's a few chapters about Ares dealing with a normal person and what he needs to get done as a soldier that covers some of this, I thought extremely well, but it still doesn't change the fact that this is war. There's no honor in battles like these, it would be trite to say "I am your enemy, let us fight and the victor will let all his enemies go home." War is war, morality doesn't really have too much a place here. Granting mercy to ones foes only means they can come back and try to kill you again.

Munsu
Wed, 10-05-2005, 01:25 PM
Well chapter 52 is out for you guys that don't know it yet (I just found out)... first chapter of volume 8... I'm getting it right now, hope it's good...

relevasius
Wed, 10-05-2005, 11:31 PM
Actually, I meant neither of those when I said that they should be illustrated better. I do agree that the addition of panels would just be a waste of time, and I don't mind the detail since that's just the dude's (what's the korean equivalent of a mangaka?) style of drawing. Rather I think the action that he chooses to show doesn't really convey much emotion or desperation in any of the fights, and I don't think they flow well either. Ares is supposed to be this graceful, acrobatic fighter, and if we're supposed to get that from seeing him jump high every once in a while, I'm not buying it. I'd give an example of what I'm talking about, but it's pretty objective. There are just little tweaks that could be made to make the fight scenes better. But maybe I'm expecting too much since this manwha is centralized around fighting.

And the morality thing has to be taken with the preceding "5th grade", otherwise the context is wrong. I think the issues he tries to deal with are fine, but since the dialogue is so terrible it reads very childish. Like when Ariadne flips out on Ares after the incident in the house, and is like we're not friends anymore, then she comes back afterwards and says, " oh about that, i was just kidding, haha." There are other points in the story just like that where it's like the dude took no time at all to think about what he wanted to say and just wrote this banal poopey in the most obvious way. It's fine if you're concepts aren't the most original, but at least have some clever writing to back it up.

Ryllharu
Thu, 10-06-2005, 06:15 AM
I see what you mean on the illustration now, and I got a little of that too, but I guess I just don't really think about that when I read. Thanks for clarifying what you meant though.

With the morality issue, I see the other ones that you are referring to, there is a bit of that in the series. But the Ariadne one is childish because it is reflecting how sheltered she is. She hasn't really left her estate, and especially not without a very overprotective bodyguard, so her view on the world is a bit skewed. She came back jokingly, but was pretty torn up about the whole thing because of exactly what her bodyguard (can't remember her name) said. She left him to die after how hard he tried to not only keep her from seeing that side of him and battle, but also with how hard he protected her. The childish reactions of those scenes are really building off Ariadne's naivette. On a few of the other places though, like Mikael's fight against the sword master, I see exactly what you mean though.

Shinda
Thu, 10-06-2005, 07:01 AM
I agree with Ryllharu about Ariadne's naivety. the childish dialouge from her was meant like that. in the newest chapter it says her best quality is adorable ignorance. (or that was just inserted by the translators)

well, my opinion about the newest chapter is divided. on one side; I have a weak spot for 'stories about someone's past', but on the other side; this wasn't too great.
I'm hoping the next chapter will get at what happened to Ares' master (what's his name again?)

Ryllharu
Thu, 10-06-2005, 09:07 AM
Chiron or Kirion usually in the translation, but going with the Greek mythology naming theme, I think it's supposed to be Charon, the boatman of the underworld.

Ryllharu
Thu, 10-27-2005, 08:36 PM
Thread bump.

I've read up to 54, and there's a lot of good backstory into Ares' past here, his training and tutledge under his master. It seems like the red-eyed swordsman is about to catch up to them though.

We also get to see how Ares said that the fight between Charon (or Chiron, Kirion) and the Red-Eyed Swordsman was "not a fair fight."

Everon
Fri, 10-28-2005, 03:11 AM
It showed some promise, but the characters remind me too much of Kenshin. I dunno I think I'm a little tired of these super happy-go-lucky protagonists.

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-28-2005, 10:27 PM
I don't think Ares is all that happy go lucky. He's had it pretty hard, and luckily for him, though cliche, he can't remember any of it. He's got a darker side too (yeah, a little like Kenshin) he got pretty depressed when he thought Ariadne abandoned him and very angry when he met the red-eyed swordsman again.

Anywho...chapter 55 is out.

Munsu
Sat, 10-29-2005, 11:22 AM
Just caught up... 3 interesting chapters...

I would've liked to see the Red-Eyed guy fight Kirion with good eye-sight though... Now, we'll never know who is really the best

Munsu
Sat, 11-05-2005, 05:19 AM
Chapter 56 has been released

Edit: Wow, awesome chapter... It's been a while seen a chapter has been this good.

Munsu
Mon, 11-28-2005, 01:02 AM
Up to chapter 60 has now been released, these last few have been awesome...

Who's still reading this?

GhostKaGe
Mon, 11-28-2005, 05:12 AM
I really can't seem to get into this manga it seems like a divine force is keeping me from reading it everytime i start something distracts me

GhostKaGe
Mon, 11-28-2005, 05:12 AM
* double post *

Ryllharu
Mon, 11-28-2005, 08:30 AM
I'm happily still reading it. It gives me a medieval swords combat fix between Berserk chapters.

Time to go find chapter 60.

Munsu
Mon, 11-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Chapter 60 was pretty good, and it's a damn long chapter too... around 50 pages I think or more...

I wonder if by the end of the series, Ares will realize who he is and become king... or will he always be as ignorant as he is now...

Ryllharu
Mon, 11-28-2005, 02:31 PM
And now apparently, 61 is out.

Munsu
Tue, 11-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Indeed, another good chapter...

Looks like a big battle is about to begin... and also Michael is about to start something also...

Ryllharu
Thu, 12-01-2005, 04:22 PM
And now, chapter 62 has been released as well.

It's pretty obvious that Icarus is the best strategist Chronos has. I'm looking forward to see how he wins over those berserkers.

And if they really have to fight them, it seems Ares already figured out one of their weaknesses.

Munsu
Thu, 12-01-2005, 04:33 PM
Well, it seems that he doesn't want to win against them... He knows he can beat them, he just doesn't want to cause he wants to use them on upcoming battles with the other countries...

Edit: Sorry, I misread your post...

Munsu
Wed, 12-07-2005, 03:24 AM
Chapter 63 is out...

Nothing much happened, but I loved how Icarus fooled the opposing army...

Chapter 64 will be awesome... We'll finally get to see Icarus fight... Hope he's awesome...

Ryllharu
Wed, 12-07-2005, 07:32 AM
I knew Icarus wouldn't let me down. Simple plans are always the best.

Munsu
Thu, 01-26-2006, 07:16 AM
Just read chapter 64... too bad it was so short, but awesome none the less...

Icarus awesome as always, giving the finger...

Munsu
Wed, 02-08-2006, 11:08 PM
Chapter 65 is finally out!!

Get it at your usual places...

Munsu
Tue, 03-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Chapter 66 is now out...

Am I the only one still reading this?

Ryllharu
Tue, 04-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Chapter 67 is out. Pretty interesting build up for another fight, though it's fairly obvious that Baroona will be fighting the Daraakian gladiator to the death. There's almost too much foreshadowing in the last two chapters.

Munsu
Tue, 04-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I wish they would stop bringing all these wannabes up to fight him when we know they'll get their ass kicked. I wonder who was the dude that was zoomed in on behind the soldier that is about to fight now. He looked badass, the one without armor on.

Ryllharu
Thu, 04-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Chapter 68 is out. Find it at the usual places.

Fairly short chapter filled all with action. The armorless Chronos guy is pretty decent. We still can't count on his survival at all though. The foreshadowing alone was pretty overwhelmingly implying that Baroona would probably be fighting him.

Ryllharu
Thu, 04-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Chapter 69.

No surprises here really. Baroona will be going in to fight.

Munsu
Fri, 04-14-2006, 02:47 AM
Yeah, Chronos dude wasn't that bad, but he was more pathetic than I thought... I really thought he might turn out to be a cool character...

The Ouranos guy is a monster, the Baroona fight should be great. We haven't seen much of Baroona fighting, he usually gets overshadowed by Michael.

Ryllharu
Thu, 04-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Chapter 70 is out.

As expected after all that buildup, we'd be seeing a great fight, and it delivered. The chapter felt pretty long, and so far it's a great fight. It's going to get really brutal next chapter though.

Munsu
Wed, 05-03-2006, 09:22 AM
Awesome chapter, after seeing how long it was I was hoping the fight would be concluded this same chapter, guess I'll have to wait for the next one. Baroona is crazy.

Ryllharu
Tue, 05-23-2006, 04:28 PM
71's out.

Nice to see that Baroona for all his talk about not being used, isn't stupid enough to ignore the rules. Very nice change of pace from most heroes. This series has some that finally have some common sense. Ouranos may be the fair winner and true champion of the arena, but if you're dead, you're still dead.

For the upcoming fight with the spear user, Cygnus, a guy we know is nasty with it, I'm guessing Ares will be fighting rather than Michael. Ares hasn't done any serious fighting in a while. Plus, I'd rather see Ares, the supposed real master of swordfighting, fight a master spear user like Cygnus.

Munsu
Mon, 07-17-2006, 07:36 AM
Just read up to chapter 72, great chapter. Cygnus is more boastful than I thought he would be. And as you said, it's Ares who will be fighting him, not Micheal as I thought it would be.

Can't wait for volume 11 to come out, damn KMTS has been slow as of late.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 08-04-2006, 11:26 AM
I have started reading this manhwa and i love it.

Its so nice seeing good sword action and good characters. Without any superpowers ala Naruto. The main characters are pretty coldhearted killers, i am so glad we are rid of the lame " Its great to fight for your friends " theme that for example Bleach and Naruto etc have.

It reminds me of Berserk at the first 14-15 vols. Going around in a dark world from battle to battle fighting for your kingdom or for the sake of the battles.

Munsu
Mon, 08-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Chapter 73 is out...

I just read it, didn't care much for the chapter, but the last page is awesome... "That's a relief. I don't like you much either".

Ryllharu
Mon, 08-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Agreed. The chapter was pretty uneventful, and the baldie's fight wasn't very exciting because we knew from the beginning he was going to be either dead or crippled. The art looked a little off too, but hopefully the next chapter will be much more entertaining.

Munsu
Mon, 08-07-2006, 03:52 PM
I think the problem lied with bad raw scans and bad cleaning by KMTS

Ryllharu
Wed, 09-06-2006, 06:43 AM
Chapter 74 is finally out.

The fight with Ares and Cygnus is starting to heat up. They look to be about equal so far, but it doesn't seem like Ares has really gotten serious. With the last few pages of the chapter though, I'm positive Ares is going to kill Cygnus.

Munsu
Thu, 09-07-2006, 06:02 AM
Chapter 75 is also out.

About 74, I thought it was a cool chapter, with Ares and Cygnus sending their letters. Maybe foreshadowing something that may happen to Cygnus way out here?

About 75, didn't care much for this chapter, but that new character Robin seems pretty cool.

Munsu
Sat, 09-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Chapter 76 is also out...

What an awesome chapter, it's been a while since I've liked a chapter so much, mainly because of the last couple of pages. Ares goes into serious mode, and he kicks ass.

Munsu
Fri, 12-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Finally a new chapter:

Ares_v11_c77[kmts].zip

Ryllharu
Fri, 12-01-2006, 11:29 AM
I just caught up, definitely liked Ares going in badass mode, *slash* kill, repeat. They swept through them pretty fast.

So Cygnus and Ares are going to fight to the death, the winner should be pretty obvious unless they are interrupted, or Ares lets him live.

The Black Squadron leader is the red eyed killer, but did he change out of uniform very fast to stand on the top of the pillar? Other than that, who is his apprentice Kiris?

Munsu
Fri, 12-01-2006, 12:09 PM
I don't remember Kirus being mentioned before... When I read it fast I thought he was talking about Cygnus, but I guess I was wrong.

As for the for red eye, he didn't change out of his uniform very fast... he simply removed his helmet from what I can see.

Munsu
Thu, 12-14-2006, 12:41 AM
Another chapter is out:

Ares v.12 c.78

Munsu
Fri, 12-15-2006, 05:13 AM
79 is now out also, and I have some good news. This series had been discontinued at volume 17 a while ago. Now it seems like another publisher picked it up and is continuing it, volume 18 is already published.

Edit: Just read the chapter, fuck what a great chapter, especially the last couple of pages.

Ryllharu
Fri, 12-15-2006, 06:21 AM
Yeah, Ares definitely has the best sword skills, and yet there's still enough mercy in him to defeat Cygnus completely without killing him. Ares just tore through those other guys trying to get to Red-Eyes, but Cygnus held him off for a while. That's how good the two of them are. That or Ares lost some of his will during the fight. Still, somehow Ares could beat him without killing him. Unfortunately, Michael is not quite so kind.

"Sorrow is the burden of those who are still living."

animus
Fri, 12-15-2006, 08:09 AM
It's kinda dumb. Michael had no reason to kill him or follow Ares. I find it as a pretty lame plot device to just throw in there.

Munsu
Fri, 12-15-2006, 10:53 AM
You must've forgotten that Michael had wanted to kill him since the first time they met... of course he had a reason to follow them.

I just caught up, definitely liked Ares going in badass mode, *slash* kill, repeat. They swept through them pretty fast.

So Cygnus and Ares are going to fight to the death, the winner should be pretty obvious unless they are interrupted, or Ares lets him live.

The Black Squadron leader is the red eyed killer, but did he change out of uniform very fast to stand on the top of the pillar? Other than that, who is his apprentice Kiris?
Chapter 80 is out and some of these questions are answered... good chapter, and next couple of ones should be awesome.

Munsu
Mon, 04-30-2007, 06:10 AM
Chapter 82 is finally out... Not much action, but it seems like Michael needs to take care of some royal business.

Just read up to chapter 88.

Man, Michael is awesome...becoming king, then invading two countries and now he's about to go into war with some powerhouses, probably against Chronos... he's insane.

I guess it was inevitable, Ares vs Michael had to happen sooner or later.

So, I'm the only one still reading this? Well I just read up to chapter 92... great stuff.

Ares is the last remaining mercenary fighting against Michael's army, looks like a showdown is not long away from happening.

Death13a
Thu, 11-29-2007, 01:58 PM
No you are not. I keep up with Ares as it gets released. I wonder will he fight his way out or will he be saved?

Eddie_Brock
Thu, 11-29-2007, 02:39 PM
I am reading it to, maybe roy and the others will come and save him.
but no doubt about it he is in a pickle

Munsu
Sun, 12-09-2007, 03:08 AM
I just don't envision him fighting his way out of it, but Baroona and Robin should be around right? Still, Michael has a highly skilled army and he is there himself.

Well people, who's up to date? K-Manga just released up to 115.

From my last post till now there has been a couple of boring chapters with Ares being fucked up and all, but the last couple have been great and chapter 115 didn't disappoint. If you're still reading this series, go catch the latest... good stuff.

Munsu
Tue, 05-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Chapter 16 is out....

This was another great chapter... the way Ares defeated the red-eyes guy was great, especially when he didn't let him speak; though I would've liked to hear what he had to say. We finally saw Robin with a sword, but he sucked, and Ares jumping through the roof was great. Next fight should be a good one too.

Kraco
Tue, 05-06-2008, 12:51 PM
The scene where Ares silenced the dude was a great one. Indeed normally it's a given the winner lets the other to speak his last words but this "You'll have plenty of time to say it while you rot in hell" has to be one of the most badass lines I've seen in anime/manga.

A great chapter for sure. Robin being lousy with a sword is also a fine detail. It makes more sense those exceptional people don't excel in using all weapons, especially if they are as different as a sword and a bow.

The relationships in this saga are somewhat flimsy, so I wonder what will end up happening between Ariadne and Ares. People have generally died like flies in this story, so it's not totally impossible Ariadne would die as well, but somehow I doubt that. Well, I guess we will also need to see what kind of a monster Ares v2 is before thinking of that any further.

Munsu
Tue, 05-06-2008, 02:12 PM
The scene where Ares silenced the dude was a great one. Indeed normally it's a given the winner lets the other to speak his last words but this "You'll have plenty of time to say it while you rot in hell" has to be one of the most badass lines I've seen in anime/manga.

A great chapter for sure. Robin being lousy with a sword is also a fine detail. It makes more sense those exceptional people don't excel in using all weapons, especially if they are as different as a sword and a bow.

The relationships in this saga are somewhat flimsy, so I wonder what will end up happening between Ariadne and Ares. People have generally died like flies in this story, so it's not totally impossible Ariadne would die as well, but somehow I doubt that. Well, I guess we will also need to see what kind of a monster Ares v2 is before thinking of that any further.
What I like about this series is that it can be as brutal as it comes and as innocent as they come at the same time. The relationship between them is quite innocent and characters like the guy that was taking care of Ariadne surely adds to the innocent vibe shounen series enjoy... yet in the surroundings people are dying in some brutal manners.

It reminds me a bit of Now and There, Here and There in that respect.

Munsu
Thu, 05-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Chapter 117 is out, find it in your usual places, wherever that may be.

I have to say, Ares v2 is turning to be quite the monster. Looks like he's going on a killing rampage, taking no prisoners. Michael's and Icarus' armies are about to collide. Do you think that Ares and company will take part in this battle? Will Icarus survive?

I think it would be kinda cool if Chronos lost, and these people later form a small band of warriors that are out for revenge, killing everyone on sight.

Kraco
Fri, 05-16-2008, 03:37 AM
Quite a monster indeed. Yet still it's early to say whether he's only a monster when Michael's men are involved or if he became an all-around monster (I hope not so that there would be still be a future for the Ariadne-Ares couple...).

Fortunately I have no idea what's going to happen. Chronos could very well lose, though. I personally feel it's a bit early for Michael to lose yet, and I doubt Ares & co have time to take part in the decisive battle, which is already about to begin. Hard to say about Icarus as well. While he's a prominent long time character he's not exactly at the center. I suppose it would be possilble for him to survive and organize a resistance movement, though. But likewise he might die, which could then grant Ares a bigger role if there was noone to follow but he would need to lead himself.

animus
Fri, 05-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Maybe I should pick this up, sounds like it's getting good. I think I might've stopped in the 80 or 90's when we first learn that Michael? (the prince?) has to go back to his kingdom or whatever, and Ares sees him off.

Munsu
Sat, 05-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Maybe I should pick this up, sounds like it's getting good. I think I might've stopped in the 80 or 90's when we first learn that Michael? (the prince?) has to go back to his kingdom or whatever, and Ares sees him off.
Somewhere in the mid 80's I'd say is where you left off by reading my previous posts in here... can't tell you the specific chapter though.

Munsu
Mon, 03-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Well, it's been a while... but for those that were up to date, KMTS finally released a new chapter, 136... and Ares is completely badass in this one.

Abdula
Wed, 05-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Chapter 141 (http://www.onemanga.com/Ares/141/01/) is up on Onemanga.

Munsu
Wed, 05-20-2009, 10:02 AM
And here I thought I was the only one still reading this. This assassination attempt reminds me of the fight between Ares (or was it Baruna?) and that other kid some volumes back that fought with a spear under the Crimson Eyes dude. Since you really didn't want him to die because of that chick that was waiting for him, so we're in a similar situation now with the hostages.

Abdula
Wed, 05-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Yeah it was Ares and if I remember correctly Michael executed that kid after Ares left and that doesn't bode well for the old man and his granddaughter. But like they said, someone has to die in a war. I think that scene, with all the girls praying, was freaking awesome. I don't remember having seen anything like that before. Although Ariadne looked really weird.

Munsu
Wed, 05-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Ah yes, Cygnus... I don't remember the scene exactly, but I remember liking Ares and Cygnus sending letters to their loved ones before they fought each other, so that's another parallel to that praying scene.

Kraco
Thu, 05-21-2009, 12:49 AM
I can't see the old man succeeding, so he probably has to die. Michael might spare the kid if the geezer died trying to kill the king, but he will hardly spare her if the geezer just gives up. I suppose it's a double-edged situation: If the geezer dies trying to kill the king and still the kid gets executed, it will send any future assassins a message trying to fulfill a hard mission isn't worth it, yet if he doesn't kill the girl, it might drive some weak assassin to die on purpose. Although I don't really see Michael employing weak assassins.

Munsu
Tue, 01-17-2012, 05:57 PM
So, did anyone finish up this series? Just noticed it had been fully scanlated and spent yesterday reading the last two volumes. In all one of my favorite series, though a bit uneven and the final portion was quite rushed, but just glad to see it at least got a proper ending. Going to miss the series.

Kraco
Wed, 01-18-2012, 04:31 AM
Yeah, I finished this a while back. It was a pretty good story of friendship, ambition, and cruel political realities all in all. I won't forget the empty, emotionless expressions this manga employed.

Munsu
Wed, 01-18-2012, 10:33 AM
I think my favorite part might just be when the war was over that we did a flashback to Michael and how he went about organizing what he needed to do, and how he had to portray himself, and how it involved Ares and Ariadnne. Truely tragic.