PDA

View Full Version : DatteBayo subbing bleach

Zein
Mon, 09-26-2005, 01:55 PM
you heard right! dattebayo is now subbing bleach. post ur"Awww yEEAAH!!"s here

Jaredster
Mon, 09-26-2005, 02:22 PM
they have a ways to go if they are going to do the old ones.

dark maginn
Mon, 09-26-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by: Jaredster
they have a ways to go if they are going to do the old ones.

ya lol

a_odessey
Mon, 09-26-2005, 04:46 PM
i was like wtf when i saw the name of the bleach file. mostly, just naruto. d/led it, but still thought that lunar is better. hopefully dattebayo will be as fast to sub as it is with naruto

mage
Mon, 09-26-2005, 05:16 PM
if dattebayo is as quick as they are with naruto, they will be a much better solution than hell and all the other shitty ones.

dark maginn
Mon, 09-26-2005, 06:41 PM
ya thats true

Jadugar
Mon, 09-26-2005, 07:52 PM
I have watched episode 50 subbed by DB and its not bad but I still prefer Lunar. DB maybe faster than Lunar but I like Lunar's way of subbing Bleach. Maybe DB will get better. Lets wait and see.

dark maginn
Mon, 09-26-2005, 08:09 PM
ya i know what u mean lunar is way better but ill go with dattebayo cause it faster lol

Jadugar
Mon, 09-26-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by: dark maginn
ya i know what u mean lunar is way better but ill go with dattebayo cause it faster lol

I always download the fastest version. It may be Hell, Bakakozou or B-society. If DB beats them all then I will watch that but Lunar version I will download and keep for my archive.

RedX1z
Mon, 09-26-2005, 08:34 PM
even if they are fast, that still doesn't change the fact that they got a long way to go

Y
Mon, 09-26-2005, 08:46 PM
They started at 50, so no, I don't think they do.

Honinbou
Tue, 09-27-2005, 03:27 AM
is it really that big difference between the subbers?
I think that if the epi is online its download time! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
hehe dont care what subber it is.. as long as it is subbed i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Kensee
Tue, 09-27-2005, 04:55 AM
Its kinda a choice thing ... but bad subs can be annoying especially if they miss lines, don't time right, and compltley mess up the meanings (slang way of saying it but put it in a misinterpreted way). Yeah ... Go TW subs >_>!

kAi
Tue, 09-27-2005, 12:35 PM
it's completely stupid!!!

Why rake an anime that is being fansubbed to the shit house, when they can pick up a new series that isn't being subbed.
IDIOTS!

Y
Tue, 09-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Why are 7 groups doing this and no one doing KARAS? Easy. E-Penis.

masamuneehs
Tue, 09-27-2005, 01:49 PM
Why are there so many people subbing Bleach?

Why are there so many fast food joints?

Why are there no "salad/healthy" food places? (relatively few)

Supply and Demand. Demand being the key focus here.

kAi
Tue, 09-27-2005, 10:21 PM
there's plenty of groups doing bleach to get it, I don't care I wait for Lunar anyway.

it's stupid that they did this.
Karas would've been something to do, if they want people to download from them, I think plenty of people would get Karas.

Jaredster
Tue, 09-27-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
Why are there so many people subbing Bleach?

Why are there so many fast food joints?

Why are there no "salad/healthy" food places? (relatively few)

Supply and Demand. Demand being the key focus here.

They need to be entrepreneurs and do something new.

ChibiYali
Wed, 09-28-2005, 07:20 AM
I think DB did a better job than lunar...
But that's just because I don't like the US slang lunar puts in...

Jaredster
Wed, 09-28-2005, 09:01 AM
At least they will be better than Hell subs.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 09-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by: kAi
there's plenty of groups doing bleach to get it, I don't care I wait for Lunar anyway.

it's stupid that they did this.
Karas would've been something to do, if they want people to download from them, I think plenty of people would get Karas.

I like karas to much to get the DB version cause im not impressed by what they do with Naruto.

I rather wait for kraze or Cj.

Jadugar
Wed, 09-28-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by: ChibiYali
I think DB did a better job than lunar...
But that's just because I don't like the US slang lunar puts in...

What are u talking about? DB does a good job with Naruto but they are no way near Lunar's supreme Bleach Subbing and Db hasnt subbed any of Ichigo's lines yet. I am waiting to see how that goes.

ChibiYali
Thu, 09-29-2005, 05:01 PM
I am talking about the following:

(Bleach 48 - Lunar)

- talkin' 'bout
- ain't
- if you pull yo' sword on me...
- I'll just have to stop ya
- Ya don' wanna die, yet, do ya?
- fer ya

This was until the 5 minute mark, so yes. I like Lunar's subbing in general, but I am not amused by the "language rape" that they throw in...
Ofcourse, others may disagree, but this is just my opinion i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif I just find it somewhat annoying to read through that all the time.

Jadugar
Thu, 09-29-2005, 08:21 PM
I like Lunar's subbing in general, but I am not amused by the "language rape" that they throw in...

Lunar has been taking liberties in the last few episodes but I am talking about the first 30 to 40 episodes. They have done a marvelous job. Also high scool kids dont talk in complete sentences, its just a fact.

ChaosK
Thu, 09-29-2005, 08:26 PM
and gin is a high school kid?

masamuneehs
Thu, 09-29-2005, 09:14 PM
I guess i'm just one of the guys who likes how they have Gin speak. 'Language rape' huh? ...

I'm willing to give Dattebayo a shot. They've always done a good job with Naruto, so I hope that their Bleach quality is just as good and that they're still pretty speedy in their delivery...

Jadugar
Sat, 10-01-2005, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
and gin is a high school kid?

I was refering to Ichigo.

Take the time to read what others have posted before you.

ChibiYali
Sat, 10-01-2005, 05:31 AM
the lines I quoted were gin's.. not ichigo's...
you read i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Jadugar
Sat, 10-01-2005, 07:32 AM
the lines I quoted were gin's.. not ichigo's...
you read

Read my earlier post. I think you will find the answer.

Originally posted by: Jadugar
Lunar has been taking liberties in the last few episodes but I am talking about the first 30 to 40 episodes. They have done a marvelous job. Also high scool kids dont talk in complete sentences, its just a fact.

I am not amused by the "language rape" that they throw in...

Oh and you posted this in another thread. What Fansub of Bleach Do You Prefer? (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=51&threadid=14274&STARTPAGE= 5&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear)

I agree on the lunar use of slang.

ChibiYali
Sat, 10-01-2005, 03:08 PM
because if you would take the time to look back, you'd notice that others commented on the use of slang as well, and that I am not the only one who isn't all too happy with it. (For reference, check page 2 of the thread you linked to...)
Furthermore, the quotes I stated are gin's and he's not a high school guy, so him not talking in complete sentences will require another explanation. So, I"d love to hear your reasoning as to why they're messing up gin's subbing... Thank you very much..

Dezalanel
Sat, 10-01-2005, 05:31 PM
If you knew anything about Bleach you would Gin speaks in a certain dialect(I forget what it is called) They are translating it correctly, he does speak in slang.

ChibiYali
Sat, 10-01-2005, 05:35 PM
doesn't have a lot to do with bleach, I think, more with my lack of knowledge in certain lingual regions i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-02-2005, 12:02 PM
I know this is the wrong thread to get into this, but hopefully this post will end the sidetrack.

Gin speaks in slang with a thick Kansai accent (Kyoto, Osaka, that region) and most dubbers will change the character to speak with a heavy american southern accent to make the comparison. To most Japanese, the way Lunar subs Gin's lines is pretty much the way someone from Tokyo interprets that speech. That's the way he talks, and the way Lunar subs it is probably the most accurate interpretation of it.

Jadugar
Sun, 10-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by: Ryllharu
I know this is the wrong thread to get into this, but hopefully this post will end the sidetrack.

Gin speaks in slang with a thick Kansai accent (Kyoto, Osaka, that region) and most dubbers will change the character to speak with a heavy american southern accent to make the comparison. To most Japanese, the way Lunar subs Gin's lines is pretty much the way someone from Tokyo interprets that speech. That's the way he talks, and the way Lunar subs it is probably the most accurate interpretation of it.

Thanx very much for the explanation.

@ ChibiYali : You need to read this.

Zhan
Sun, 10-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Just seen DB's episode 51...I can say their quality is just as good as Lunars. I don't really care about the language as long as I understand.

ChaosK
Sun, 10-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by: Jadugar

I like Lunar's subbing in general, but I am not amused by the "language rape" that they throw in...

i knew you were talking about high school kids, i'm pointing out that gin talks with slang and he's not in highschool so that excuse isnt revelant, though i dont see a problem with lunar's accents as long as they dont over do it.

PhaseONE
Mon, 10-03-2005, 04:11 AM
just giving my 2 cents....

having lived in japan 8 years.. had and still have japanese/okinawan friends most of them dnt go around sayin
Ohayo (gud mornin) konichiwa (afternoon) hai hai (hey) mushi mushi (hello)

der teenagers, dey only go sayin dat to higher authorities
but around der peers dey bust out with slangs left and right.. example ...word of hello.

down in okinawa we say HAISAI!! .. in english.. "W'SUP!!"...so i think Lunar is doing a great job translating it to the right dialect

but im tellin u dis.. der is one word dat is universally known.. dat word is ganja.. lol hey.. dats how i met most of my jap friends ..KAMPAI!! (cheers)

.... oh and i blazed with 20-30 year olds.. as u can see der not high schoolers.. so age dnt matter dey still use slang.

ChibiYali
Mon, 10-03-2005, 05:03 PM
*points at phaseONE's post*

and that, dear people...
is what slang does to the souls of the innocents...

it deprives them from the knowledge that is normal langueage, which saddens me...
And makes baby jesus cry! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

DarthEnderX
Wed, 10-05-2005, 03:00 PM
What? You mean using der 50 times in a post isn't the height of cool??

ChibiYali
Wed, 10-05-2005, 05:00 PM
it's more the strange need for someone to make themselves look rediculous i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

This reminds me of the way most people play half-orcs in RPG's i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Konohamaru
Wed, 10-05-2005, 06:18 PM
I like dattebayo, to me they make more sense in a action style way. Lunar are good but sometimes they're too strict to me.

For instance when Gin did his shikai on the meno's grande's in the flash back. Hells Fansubs did it as "Pierce. Shinsou!" where Lunar did it as "Shoot to death, shinsou!". I dunno about you but "Pierce, shinsou" sounds cooler plus if you hear him and translate what he says, it's "Pierce them, God's Spear".

So in some terms, I prefere one sub over the other in some episodes.