PDA

View Full Version : Rockman Revival!

RedX1z
Sat, 09-24-2005, 11:56 AM
so, who's looking foward to the remakes of some of the greatest games alive on the super nintendo for the psp? express how you feel about the games here!

http://psp.ign.com/articles/651/651843p1.html
http://psp.ign.com/articles/651/651862p1.html

Phoenix20578
Sat, 09-24-2005, 06:51 PM
All Rockman(a.k.a. Megaman) fan in the world are now happy again. X had to be one of the best series. EVER.

aznimperialx
Sat, 09-24-2005, 08:02 PM
i think they just trying to rip more people than ever

kooshi
Sat, 09-24-2005, 09:28 PM
The Megaman games for the SNES were ridiculously easy. I was able to beat everything with just the main weapon. Still, this would be a fun release for the hardcore Megaman players.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 09-24-2005, 10:11 PM
Those screenshots are fantastic! I could drool! It looks like its going to work pretty well. I can't think of a more promising game revival at the moment.

Mite Gai
Sat, 09-24-2005, 11:17 PM
At the risk of being flamed by hardcore fans (note: not to encourage you either) I think they should just combine the two and have the second remake be that of Megaman Legends (yes I am using the English name so one gets confused). I was a big fan of it even though it strayed a little away.

Aeon
Sat, 09-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Protoman needs to get his own game, and not the old protoman but the one from NT Warrior.

RedX1z
Sun, 09-25-2005, 03:15 PM
even though it's a remake, it can't be all bad. it's not like they didn't add a little extra something to it. ah, and another thing, big heads are in this year!

Assertn
Sun, 09-25-2005, 05:10 PM
didnt they already do that for xbox?

RedX1z
Sun, 09-25-2005, 06:18 PM
i don't know, i don't own that piece of crap xbox. so sorry, wouldn't know!

ChaosK
Sun, 09-25-2005, 07:08 PM
cool, megaman on PSP, i'd get it.

RedX1z
Sun, 09-25-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by: Phoenix20578
All Rockman(a.k.a. Megaman) fan in the world are now happy again. X had to be one of the best series. EVER.

you've read my mind..GET OUT!

Phoenix20578
Tue, 09-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by: UltxDarkRedX1

Originally posted by: Phoenix20578

you've read my mind..GET OUT!

Gladly, its to strange in here i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

masamuneehs
Tue, 09-27-2005, 04:32 PM
I loved the music in the Megaman X games for SNES. (3 was not as good as 1 or 2 though, IMO)

Since I dont have a PSP or the $ to buy one I'll guess I just have to fire up the old dusty SNES to relive the joy!

(Oh Vile, you are a true badass!)

RedX1z
Tue, 09-27-2005, 05:50 PM
in my opinion 1 will be the best rockman x game to ever come out for the snes. if only my snes didn't drown a horrible death..

ChaosK
Tue, 09-27-2005, 06:23 PM
i prefer calling it megaman, and, my SNES also drowned (and i'm talking literally i dont know if you are)

RedX1z
Tue, 09-27-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
i prefer calling it megaman, and, my SNES also drowned (and i'm talking literally i dont know if you are)

i'm serious, my snes drowned

Phoenix20578
Tue, 09-27-2005, 06:52 PM
That sucks. After my SNES died (R.I.P. George, Beloved system) I started with Megaman X Rom's.

RedX1z
Tue, 09-27-2005, 07:01 PM
yeah, roms are the way to go. especially now, when you just don't want to go through the trouble of replacing it

RedX1z
Mon, 12-19-2005, 08:20 PM
here is a link to the remixed music for rockman maverick hunter x and a few rockman 1, some are a disappointment, some are just alright, mostly weird, though.

click here! (http://megaman.retrofaction.com/?page_id=83)

aznroyale
Tue, 12-20-2005, 03:13 PM
the games are so old

RedX1z
Tue, 12-20-2005, 03:35 PM
what's wrong with old? then what about mariokart, isn't that old, it's just better graphics, new stages. the only thing new about it is the online feature. how many mariokarts did they make, and yet, it doesn't seem to die. all the mario games, pretty much same concept. final fantasy 7, that's just as old, yet, it's a memorable game to keep on our shelf. in other words, it doesn't have to be new, to be fun, it can be old as well.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 12-25-2005, 12:25 AM
Don't even get me started on how capcom his misused megaman. I honestly have no more respect for the franchise. Mega man has become the video game equivalent to a diseased-butt-ugly-45-year-old-five-dollar-hooker. Something that Capcom continually whores out to make a cheap buck based off nostalgia value. Megaman began with a good premise but it really hasn't evovled from there. Every 2D megaman game plays the fricking same and no one can deny that. Megaman has become one of the disgraced videogame icons of 16-bit generations past long to be forgotten with other video game relics like Laura Croft, Crash Bandicoot, Spiro the Dragon, Sonic the Hedgehog, and that stupid clown from twisted metal.

RedX1z
Sun, 12-25-2005, 08:49 AM
so much hate for a game that isn't as bad as you say to begin with. anyways, i will never hate it, because it's something i played and love since i was 7, just like mario, and all the other 16-bit games. it's the old school games that got me gaming today.

KoKo37
Sun, 12-25-2005, 10:01 AM
well i agree there kinda over using it, they should atleast put two of the newer X games in one. Personly megaman games are just for rentals because they can be beaten quickly XD. but nontheless there incredibly fun games, my lil cousin who hasn't played to many snes games yet, finds games such as megamanX just as fun as SSBM or ne high graphics game XD. so basicly there gettin old but there still fun.

/.\/0t3 : well actually the 6 X games in one thing might be good to buy i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

RedX1z
Sun, 12-25-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by: KoKo37
/.\/0t3 : well actually the 6 X games in one thing might be good to buy i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

you're talking about the megaman x collections, right?

KoKo37
Sun, 12-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by: UltxDarkRedX1

Originally posted by: KoKo37
/.\/0t3 : well actually the 6 X games in one thing might be good to buy

you're talking about the megaman x collections, right?

yah the one with first 6 mega man x games (http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/megamanxcollection/index.html?sid=6125695) it also has some artwork n stuff in it i think XD, and the other ones are good though are beaten to quickly imo, but 6 you could play with for awhile i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Tekkaman Vigorot
Tue, 12-27-2005, 11:42 PM
The X series went down one seriously dark alley when they decided to ignore the original intent of the series to end at 5 (where it then continues on to Megaman Zero, story line wise anyway.) and continued to create one travesty after another with every X game afterwards. I admit X8 and Command Mission were decent games...but the X series won't be remembered too fondly, X7 pushing the series to "Should've burned with the rest of them" bin.

I think the X remake isn't so bad, it shows potential of showing more insight to the X universe. Though, the dramatic change of the game's dialogue sets me off a bit. Oh well, at least Vile shows promise.

LaZie
Wed, 12-28-2005, 04:20 AM
I love the open music for the psp MMX i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

RedX1z
Wed, 12-28-2005, 11:59 PM
mine would be sadness, which is the music for zero's death.

Tekkaman Vigorot
Fri, 12-30-2005, 12:28 PM
So...any possibility there are people out there as eager to play as Vile as I am? =D

RedX1z
Fri, 12-30-2005, 10:14 PM
he's not as great as you think he is in my opinion, but eh, you get to play as vile, something i'm sure 90% of hardcore rockman fans wanted to do..

Tekkaman Vigorot
Fri, 12-30-2005, 11:48 PM
While, Vile just has that armory. While X has his one plasma gun, Vile has a missile pod on one shoulder, and a cannon on the other. Lets not forget his tendency to OD on ride armors and his dashing is unholy! Meh, I think he's cool, but I'm also kinda interested in his back story... you know, why the sudden change from should-be-bastard into a tragic hero?

RedX1z
Sat, 12-31-2005, 09:14 AM
who said anything about tragic hero?

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 12-31-2005, 02:21 PM
I've always thought megaman was special in that he got to use the weapons of the enemies he defeated. If you start getting to play as everyone else, and they all get that ability in some capacity then...what the hell? Not cool.

Tekkaman Vigorot
Sat, 12-31-2005, 10:34 PM
Who knows, Zero already has an ability like that to some degree. Vile would be a new addition, but since he's merely going to be a side-story character, I don't think we'll find a cast of Megaman wannabes. X still has the armor though, that's something the other character can't hope to acheive. In X8, you can play as the navigators, simply female counter parts to the three main characters, X, Zero and Axl. Alia had the exact same abilities as X, right down to the exact same X buster, but she couldn't wear armor =/ While X was lucky enough to frolick in his ultimate =p.

I simply look forward to Vile being a playable character, he certainly has a very different playing style. Perhaps he gets dumbed-down/smaller versions of X's aquired weapons? Usualy, when the character itself have a larger degree in ability, the abilities that character obtains is less significant then as opposed to a character that has little ability and gains huge bonus's. This is at least, what I've seen so far.

RedX1z
Mon, 01-02-2006, 10:51 PM
i, at least, don't hope they screw up on vile, i'm not too psyked about playing him, but he is a decent character, i would just hate to see it, if they screw up horribly on him.

bagandscalpel
Tue, 01-03-2006, 02:07 AM
Which version of Vile will be the playable (if it will be) one? Though, seeing as it is X, I suppose the very first design, though MKII and MKIII were just so much better in my opinion...

Which reminds me, seeing as how the X series has probably ended with X8, what's next? Excluding any current ongoing titles, will there me a new series that features yet another lasting villain?

RedX1z
Tue, 01-03-2006, 12:08 PM
not that i know, but capcom wouldn't just put an end to something they've been using for years and years..

Tekkaman Vigorot
Tue, 01-03-2006, 10:08 PM
They've just recently put a end to MMZ and MMBN (good thing too...they've milked them for long enough...) You think they would pick up on legends again? Or perhaps, establish a whole new megaman all together... Just what we needed...ANOTHER alternate universe...

RedX1z
Thu, 01-05-2006, 12:58 AM
burn in hell, monkey! the end of megaman zero was a bad thing!

Tekkaman Vigorot
Thu, 01-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Would you rather the end the MMZ series with something horrible instead? Or let it die while it still has it's dignity? Or do you like the idea of MMZ8? With cell shaded Zero and bad voice actors?

RedX1z
Tue, 01-10-2006, 06:26 PM
it doesn't have to be like that, if they actually put something new, it could be something worthwhile. also, as long as they don't kill the story, i'd be happy with it.

ChaosK
Tue, 01-10-2006, 07:57 PM
my dad went back to taiwan recently and i asked him to bring back the megaman PSP game, has anybody heard some news about it?

LaZie
Tue, 01-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Didn't you see the ending to mmx8? There's a good ending there to make a MMX9 i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

RedX1z
Tue, 01-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
my dad went back to taiwan recently and i asked him to bring back the megaman PSP game, has anybody heard some news about it?

no, for all we know, we could be getting it at the start of 2007(that would suck if it was true..).

RedX1z
Mon, 01-23-2006, 12:05 AM
double post to bring this up to date, forgive me.

megaman power battle and maverick hunter x is said to be released by the end of this month. sooner than expected, if you ask me.

more screenshots of the game, can't wait, that day is so close..if they delay, expect heads to be flying..

more screenshots! (http://media.psp.ign.com/media/770/770343/imgs_1.html)

UChessmaster
Mon, 01-23-2006, 08:31 PM
power battle? you mean the one of the arcade game?

oh there is only one megaman alternate universe

aznimperialx
Mon, 01-23-2006, 08:35 PM
They should stick Megaman with 2D, i think 3D makes it bulky and ugly

RedX1z
Tue, 01-24-2006, 09:25 AM
i have nothing against the graphics on the remake of megaman 1, but megaman x, yeah, i'm just not to fond of that.

Phoenix20578
Tue, 01-24-2006, 09:35 AM
If they would get out of the cell shading habit and treated the X-series like a RPG, the graphics should be better. But from what I've seen of recent X games, 2-D is better for the game play.

RedX1z
Tue, 01-24-2006, 10:46 PM
it's sony, if it was nintendo, you could expect them to remake them with beautiful 2-d sprites. not only that, capcom has been acting retarded lately..

aznimperialx
Tue, 01-24-2006, 10:51 PM
sigh what ever happened to the good ol' 2D gaming. Now everything has to be 3D i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

RedX1z
Wed, 01-25-2006, 12:02 AM
stupid people took over the gaming world, that's what happened. they believe that better graphics are everything, you just know that's bullshit! no grudges on 3d, but megaman wasn't for it, at least it shouldn't have been poorly executed. also, i still stand by my word..capcom has been acting retarded lately.

Terracosmo
Wed, 01-25-2006, 12:16 AM
Most games who start in 2D get fucked over when moved to 3D. That's just the way it is. Luckily most developers understand when a concept doesn't work.

bagandscalpel
Wed, 01-25-2006, 02:21 AM
X7 had so much potential...

Then it all went straight to hell during the development stage when the gameplay was deemed something that needn't to me concerned with.

Tekkaman Vigorot
Thu, 01-26-2006, 01:23 AM
You can blame Sony for that. XD Capcom's X4 almost didn't even make it as a "Game" when Sony released the PSONE, demanding 3D games to show off the hardware. Sony even requested to Capcom to make a 3D megaman, which was how Legends came about. I guess we all know how it went from there...

Oh yeah, they were going to make Megaman Collection on the GBA (Featuring recolored versions of MM1-5 released on the GB) but apparently they "LOST" the original coding. Retarded indeed....

bagandscalpel
Thu, 01-26-2006, 03:20 AM
Oh? Does that mean to say that Capcom is no longer in possession of the very source of Megaman?

Pathetic.

Tekkaman Vigorot
Thu, 01-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Not to say they aren't, but many mishaps have happened where instead of even a good cover up story, it was more of a "Ooops...I guess we screwed up!" kinda problem >.> Capcom needs to shape up...alot...

RedX1z
Thu, 01-26-2006, 10:44 PM
i pray the owner of capcom now gets shot and get replaced by a person who actually knows how to run things, at least with sony. how they've been doing with nintendo is actually good, even looking foward to the new series they're going to release later on, but that doesn't make up for the horrible things they've been doing with sony.

Tekkaman Vigorot
Fri, 01-27-2006, 01:21 AM
No, I think COA should get shot, cause frankly, they've never heard of quality control. How do you let this slip? "She was a nice man!" Lets not forget not just bad VA's, but VA's that sound like these people were pulled from the streets. X7...oh God... lets pretend it never existed ... a Megaman X game where X doesn't show up till mid game(assuming you bothered to rescue the hunters)... that should be a crime >.>

Come on COA, all you have to do is proof read! >.< You know? Proof read? So you don't let things like "She was a nice man!" out to the public. Lan's mother saying this no less... o.o So that's why Daddy is never home...and yet she is so content... XD

RedX1z
Wed, 02-01-2006, 12:30 AM
yeah, i think everyone gets the point now. capcom became one of the laziest mother fuckers in the world. a megaman x game without x until the mid point really doesn't make sense. they just couldn't let the monkeys with type writers do the proof reading, yeah?

Tekkaman Vigorot
Sat, 02-04-2006, 11:39 PM
Well, found something pretty nice. It's a rip of the "movie" from the PSP "Maverick Hunter X" game. Since the story has been rewritten, you'll notice some interesting things. =D

Unfortunatly, it's in japanese, so you'll miss a few key elements to the premise of it all, but nevertheless, the point everyone ought to understand very well. XD

http://www.rockmanpm.com/forum/index.php?topic=825.0 *SPOILERS!!!*

bagandscalpel
Sun, 02-05-2006, 05:04 AM
Thanks for sharing, that "movie" was all levels of awesomeness, especially since I wished to know more of the back story to Sigma.

Heh, a couple of things that I noticed is that nearly all other reploids are pretty garden-variety (guess specially designed ones are few and far in between; guess the Irregulars win in diversity). And that, for some reason, Dr. Cain dies in the bombardament... Did that happen in the original story?

RedX1z
Sun, 02-05-2006, 08:46 AM
he originally didn't die this early, though, at least from what i've seen. remember, capcom is completely changing the story line for the psp.

Tekkaman Vigorot
Sun, 02-05-2006, 08:23 PM
In the original, you never really see Dr. Cain "die", rather the last you hear of him is when he tells the maverick hunters to "scamble" in X4, whithin Zero's intro. That's the last you'll ever hear of him.

Dr. Cain's death might be the reason why X and Zero have a operator with them in the first game. I just want to know what's up with Vile, plain and simple...

bagandscalpel
Sun, 02-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Vile? He's just nuts. Or, according to the description that came with the VAVA MKII Bandai model, he is the "Crazy Hunter," one who'd attack both enemies and foes alike. And I'm guessing that what got him imprisoned back when he was in X's unit.

RedX1z
Mon, 02-06-2006, 07:32 AM
i hear vile can't dash, but can jump on his grenades or something like that. i never knew what vile's role was on the snes, but since they're probably changing it on the psp anyway, it makes me even more curious. from what i've seeen so far, i hate him and i don't hate him.

Tekkaman Vigorot
Mon, 02-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Vile gains plenty of abilities from the bosses, one giving him an ability that grants speed similar to the dash. Vile plays as a tactical character, rather then X's dash and blast. XD

RedX1z
Fri, 02-10-2006, 08:01 AM
who actually played this game so far? this game is better than i thought, it's completely an improvement over x7 and x8, graphics and gamplay wise.