PDA

View Full Version : FF7 for PS3

kenren
Sat, 09-24-2005, 12:33 AM
trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=5846&type=wmv)

"Dry those tears you fanboys, I know that most of you have been sulking ever since that E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) which showed what FF VII (Final Fantasy VII) would have looked like if it was on the PS3 only to find out that it was only a demonstration and not an upcoming game. Now, SquareEnix says that they lied to us when they said that FF VII was not being made for the PS3. Thats right, FF VII is coming to the PS3 with a new shiny coat of visuals but with the same story that grabbed hold of us all. Details of the release of the game have yet to be announced. If you have not seen the demonstration video, I highly recommend you to go to www.gametrailers.com to find the video by using the search."

^ some info from anime-source
also, it might be false

Psyke
Sat, 09-24-2005, 12:36 AM
According to gamespot the video is only a tech demo for PS3, and Squaresoft has no plans to remake FFVII for the PS3. Go dig out that old copy of FFVII for the PS1/PC!

ChiaCheese
Sat, 09-24-2005, 05:40 AM
i'd rather have a true game sequel than just a remake. they just wasting time with all this other stuff.

DO
Sat, 09-24-2005, 10:07 AM
Yeah, it was just a tech demo. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Y
Sat, 09-24-2005, 12:49 PM
Tetsuya Nomura already stated in an interview that, if his other projects complete on time, he'd love to get a team together and remake FFVII.

BioAlien
Sat, 09-24-2005, 01:47 PM
only a tech demo, but it would be nice if it was realy going to come out

Dezalanel
Sat, 09-24-2005, 05:22 PM
No shit they said it was only a tech demo but if you read his post he is saying that THEY LIED. Which could be false but I will use it as an excuse to get my hopes up again lol.

Y
Sat, 09-24-2005, 08:37 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3143672&did=1

There's my proof that Nomura is interested in directing an FFVII remake

EDIT

The opening post is still just made up though. The video is nothing mroe than a tech demo and does not have a game engine attached, nor is the remake actually in development yet.

Paulyboy
Sat, 09-24-2005, 08:46 PM
It would be cool though, like if they did like a 2 disc special, where its a remake of FF7 with a sequel, probably sounds stupid, but they could make alot of money like that.

kooshi
Sat, 09-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Well, based on the tech demo, the game would look pretty awesome, but I would still prefer some sort of sequel. Regardless, this will be a good release if they go through with it.

Dezalanel
Sat, 09-24-2005, 11:13 PM
I wished they never made any sequels or side games and shit. Just stick to the original formula and update the graphics. Plus add maybe a few extra goodies like new materia/side quests/boss fights. That game would sell so good....why they do not do it is beyond me.

Mite Gai
Sat, 09-24-2005, 11:14 PM
Yes, it would be pretty cool if they added some more stuff in since just the same game with pretty graphics would not be enough to make me buy it when I already have my own copy of the old one.

Shuurai
Sun, 09-25-2005, 12:06 AM
I would like them to actually complete the story this time with multiple endings i believe the original was rushed.

Y
Sun, 09-25-2005, 12:56 AM
I don't want an addon to the ending - Kitase didn't know where to go then and Nomura doesn't know where to go with it now. Leave the ending as it is.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 09-25-2005, 01:41 AM
I tried playin the original on my ps2 but I just couldnt bring myself to continue it. I'll deff play the remake (if they do remake it) tho.

Shuurai
Sun, 09-25-2005, 02:45 AM
Im playing the original right now. I have just got to the save point at Gaea's Cliff before you fight that two headed dragon. Im loving every minute of it ^_^

ChaosK
Sun, 09-25-2005, 07:40 PM
i've been trying to play the origional that i downloaded from piratebay but its not working.

BioAlien
Sun, 09-25-2005, 07:43 PM
why don't you just buy it... it will cost you like $20 since its a old game

ChaosK
Sun, 09-25-2005, 08:06 PM
lazy i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

milfhunter
Mon, 09-26-2005, 11:17 AM
In case I'm missing something, somebody please explain to me why they used FF7 to do a tech demo if they're not remaking it in the first place. Could they not have come up with something original for a tech demo? My point is, why even bother to put in the effort to do a FF7 "tech demo" if they're not seriously considering a remake?

When they realized that Advent Children had already hit the one hour mark, they just said "why not" and kept on going to make it a full feature-lengh film. What happened to that motivation? Fucking Square; Sony better get on their asses because Microsoft, with its gazillions of launch titles and a year-long head start, is seriously threatening to dethrone the PlayStation. I don't think Sony understands how badly it needs a FF7 remake, because Xbox wasn't even supposed to be half as successful as it is now.

On a side note, it would be fucking hilarious if they released the remake for Nintendo Revolution. I don't see why they couldn't. FF6 was repackaged for PlayStation although it originally released for SNES. Would you be for or against seeing the FF7 remake on Nintendo Revolution? I'm for it, as long as there's a FF7 remake, bottom line.

Shuurai
Tue, 09-27-2005, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by: milfhunter
In case I'm missing something, somebody please explain to me why they used FF7 to do a tech demo if they're not remaking it in the first place. Could they not have come up with something original for a tech demo? My point is, why even bother to put in the effort to do a FF7 "tech demo" if they're not seriously considering a remake?

When they realized that Advent Children had already hit the one hour mark, they just said "why not" and kept on going to make it a full feature-lengh film. What happened to that motivation? Fucking Square; Sony better get on their asses because Microsoft, with its gazillions of launch titles and a year-long head start, is seriously threatening to dethrone the PlayStation. I don't think Sony understands how badly it needs a FF7 remake, because Xbox wasn't even supposed to be half as successful as it is now.

On a side note, it would be fucking hilarious if they released the remake for Nintendo Revolution. I don't see why they couldn't. FF6 was repackaged for PlayStation although it originally released for SNES. Would you be for or against seeing the FF7 remake on Nintendo Revolution? I'm for it, as long as there's a FF7 remake, bottom line.

To be honest i would buy any console just for the remake

Psyke
Tue, 09-27-2005, 07:00 AM

The reason they chose the opening sequence to be a demo for the PS3 is because almost all FFVII fans would remember that scene with Aerith picking up the flowers and cloud jumping off the train in Midgar. Other than the fact that it would trigger waves in the gaming community with news that "FFVII is being remade", it's also to show the the gamers how powerful the PS3 is, and how technology has come since the blocky Cloud and Aerith we once knew. As much as I like FFVII, I would also rather have a new FF game than a remake. We can always play the old PS1/PC FFVII.

Y
Tue, 09-27-2005, 07:04 AM

Because there has never been a game based on what originated as a tech demo? There was a realtime 3D FFVIII demo released for the PS2 and there sure wasn't a remake of that. It takes minimal effort to render a minute of footage compared to scripting A.I., writing dialogue, coding a game engine etc.

It's not even a game engine powering these graphics, just graphical assets.

milfhunter
Tue, 09-27-2005, 10:13 AM
Yeah, but it's ok to waste time on coding a game engine and writing dialogue when it comes to faggot ass Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core. Fuck Square. Nobody needs a tech demo from them. Egotistical faggots.

Y
Tue, 09-27-2005, 01:30 PM
What the shit? Yeah, those games you've never played (and in Crisis Core's case, one that hasn't even been previewed) sure do suck. Hurr. It's a few fucking video games, chill out, you insult it like Dirge beat up your sister.

masamuneehs
Tue, 09-27-2005, 02:02 PM
Guys, i know we all like to speculate and what not about this kind of thing... but how about getting some actual INFO to go off? And maybe adding a link!

Gamespots impression: "Not a question of IF there will be a remake, but WHEN"
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rp...yvii/news_6130109.html (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfantasyvii/news_6130109.html)

It makes alot of sense for them to remake it, because I can guarantee people will turn out in droves to buy it. Its an economic no-brainer (and i just really want a remake of this game so damn bad!)