PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 152 Discussion

V
Thu, 09-22-2005, 02:18 AM
Hope I'm doing this right... noob alert

Anyhow, I liked the change of pace and over the top comments by almost everyone in this ep. Thought it was kinda plain, but the ep was over rather quick... so that usually means it wasn't too shabby. But I just really don't care about sleepwalking. I mean c'mon.

I wish there was more Sakura and I wish they didn't even speak about Sasuke. The whole background thing was over my head. I'm dumber than Naruto I guess. And Neji was always just slightly off camera.

I really wanted to kick those rocks from under Naruto though. ooohhh man.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-22-2005, 03:54 AM
Wow, you did it right on your first try. Not bad!

Kensee
Thu, 09-22-2005, 04:12 AM
Congrats, but since this is my first post, i'm a bit more noobish then even you -_-.

Anyhow, it's great to see Rock Lee back. I'm not sure but it may have been cause I re-watched the Rock Lee vs Garaa Fight back in the exam saga and started reminicing.

Anyhow back to the episode, the main villian this time kinda reminds me of that one guy who Naruto fought in Oro's mansion (name espaces me right now) but he was combined with the other two members of his tribe. Anyhow the hunch back kinda reminds me of that, let's just hope they didn't decide to throw in another tri-body deformed ninja back in.

Anyhow, go Lee, go Negi, heck go girl and Naruto. Hope next episode is more of a battle type episode where the village vs genin group. And yes, I do think there will be two more episodes till it comes back to the anime (since Naruto says "frog hermit's not back yet" kinda foreshadows him comming back and the training starting.

Well back to bed, adios GW.

Neko Haruko
Thu, 09-22-2005, 06:09 AM
Con grats! you did better than i did that's for sure.
But I liked this eppie. Mianly because of Tenten. I;m so makking screenshots when I get home.

DemonFoxNaruto
Thu, 09-22-2005, 06:12 AM
This filler is better than the past fillers

kenren
Thu, 09-22-2005, 06:15 AM
lol...we most probably will see neji kick some ass next week.

kensee , no animated avatars.

Naruto_Fan
Thu, 09-22-2005, 06:38 AM
i hope it ends really soon now. i think the manga is far enough for the anime to start catching up...

poopdeville
Thu, 09-22-2005, 06:41 AM
I like how that guy yelled FAAAACK when a chair landed on his head. The curry scene could have been better, and it makes me dread another stupid fart scene. But overall, it was pretty fun. But I want to see Kakashi Gaiden, goddamnit.

Mite Gai
Thu, 09-22-2005, 07:05 AM
Best part has to have been seeing Lee training with those weights. Oh, and at this point of the fillers, though this is a good one, I want to see the main storyline so much that I just want them to skip Kakashi Gaiden (already read it in the manga anyway) and have that as a seperate special later.

Jadugar
Thu, 09-22-2005, 08:46 AM
It was good to see Lee in good health and training hard.

For some reason I didnt like the episode because the animation was worse than the last filler episode and the story line went over my head. The links to Kisame, Zabuza and Sasuke were so made-up and lame.

Sakura did something useful by saving that bird. The best thing in the episode was seeing Anko again.

Kakashi Gaiden is mentioned so many times that its not considered a spoiler any more for anime viewers.

Originally posted by: poopdeville
I want to see Kakashi Gaiden, goddamnit.

Originally posted by: Mite Gai
I want to see the main storyline so much that I just want them to skip Kakashi Gaiden (already read it in the manga anyway) and have that as a seperate special later.

Kakasi Gaiden is part of the main storyline. It will explain a lot of things.

Let hope this one picks up pace and we see some Lee and Neji action. No rasengan please.

Kensee
Thu, 09-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by: kenren
kensee , no animated avatars.
Thanks, problem fixed ^^

And you know Rasengen is comming, its gonna be at the end! Right after Negi gets beat down ... and Rock Lee owns some peoples.
And a big frog landing ontop of the village.

It's comming! Just wait and see.

kenren
Thu, 09-22-2005, 09:57 AM
yeah...usually when naruto uses rasengan..thats the end of the show. -.-

Inazuma
Thu, 09-22-2005, 10:03 AM
Dev Supervisor : What about the conclusion ?
Kishimoto : Use the damn Rasengan thing for Christ's sake !

nests
Thu, 09-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Good filler they seem to be getting better. since they are at it they should a filler with the sand ninja also any excuse to see gaara in action is ok with me.
I dont think they are far enough in the manga to keep going

Shinda
Thu, 09-22-2005, 10:51 AM
well, the episode was nice, but I had expected more.. you know, team Gai and all

but am I missing something?
I thought naruto had promised not to obsess over Sasuke anymore if the bikouchu-thingy failed

Uberbaka
Thu, 09-22-2005, 11:47 AM
This was pretty good actually.. kind of gave me the old Naruto feeling back.. before baka bros and that crap..

It kinda looks like the animators really enjoyed this episode, lots of fun small details and mad expressions.. The chair thing was kinda funny..

Hopefully the wholy curry thing won't induce any more farting, I think naruto has basically used up his quota on that part.

heero
Thu, 09-22-2005, 12:25 PM
lets hope theres no more rasengans in this filler...

Uberbaka
Thu, 09-22-2005, 01:21 PM
*chants*

No more rasengans!

Less stupid kage bunshins! (clever is cool, but just for attacking and failing it sucks)

They should be using more kawarimis... And I can't wait to see TenTen in action again, if she's bothered to develope new jutsus then this could get interesting.

isso
Thu, 09-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Lol.. I thought thatthis filler was better then the previous 15... Rock Lee.. Great guy... Gai.. lol.. And Neji, next wek will be awsome.. And finally, Tenten.. She's so cute..

Neko Haruko
Thu, 09-22-2005, 02:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/HaruL/tentenmonkey.gif
XD I LOVE this scene. It is so funny and cute! I wuv Tenten <3333333

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/HaruL/scarygai.gif
This scared me. ;.;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/HaruL/lapdance.gif
And this pic so needs a caption!
"They just saw Gai giving Kakashi a lapdance..."

maikes
Thu, 09-22-2005, 02:21 PM
Hmm is it still the same voice actor for Gai? He sounded different from what i remember ...

Lets hope for some good fight scenes in the next episode!

Kagari
Thu, 09-22-2005, 02:23 PM
I thought it was the best of these recent arcs, for sure. It was great to see the quick flashes of Zabuza and Kisame, neat way to tie it into the story....and there were a bunch of parts that just made me laugh, or smile, like the old episodes used to. If the same quality is put into the battles coming up, then we're in for a real treat I think.

Nice moment between Sakura and Naruto, too.

isso
Thu, 09-22-2005, 03:01 PM
yeah but hinata is narutos girly.. lol.. she must be.. she would give birth to his children any day!!

kooshi
Thu, 09-22-2005, 03:02 PM
Much better than the usual fillers. Some parts were quite funny also, but the one that stood out for me was when Gai screamed at Tsunade while spitting at her. All the spit on her face was somewhat disgusting, but funny at the same time.

XanBcoo
Thu, 09-22-2005, 03:14 PM
I thought Lee was pretty funny during this episode.

But as expected, so far it follows the standard Naruto filler "formula":

1. Bland new characters/Villians
2. Some connection to finding sasuke or Orochimaru.
3. Nauto is there for absolutely NO apparent reaason.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-22-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by: Neko Haruko

LOL I loved that scene

Anyway... best filler yet. Funny, brought back some old characters (ANKO), and seeing Neji & Rock Lee is always nice. But yeah, as Xanbcoo said, it suffers from the usual filler shit. Random ugly ass filler characters and bland villains saying cliche lines, and the inevitable connection with Sasuke. And most importantly fucking Naruto taking up screentime as always. God, I hate him.

I also dislike how they are going to make Raiga one of the seven shinobi lords. There is no way a filler char will ever be as strong as Zabuza or Kisame. Also, it means that Kishimoto probably isn't planning to add more sword using water ninjas to the cast anytime soon... :/

Vokalyzd Harmony
Thu, 09-22-2005, 03:28 PM
refresh my memory..who is raiga again? I didn't understand the whole seven Shinobi Lord deal

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-22-2005, 03:45 PM
Raiga = leader of the cloaked weirdos

Seven shinobi lords = the seven badass mist ninjas using swords and water jutsus, the group that Zabuza and Kisame used to belong to

Jadugar
Thu, 09-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by: maikes
Hmm is it still the same voice actor for Gai? He sounded different from what i remember ...

It sounded different when he was talking to Tsunade.

Anyone else noticed this?

Uberbaka
Thu, 09-22-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by: Jadugar

Originally posted by: maikes

It sounded different when he was talking to Tsunade.

Anyone else noticed this?

Actually, now that you mention it... I did think that afterwards... but then again I haven't really heard alot of Gai dialogue lately.. I haven't got my anime archive handy at the moment.. Anyone feel like comparing it?

Shinda
Thu, 09-22-2005, 04:14 PM
yeah, I compared with episode 98 when talking to tsunade about lee's spinal cord... it really sounds deeper some moments 152,, but I can't say for sure if it's a whole different voice

Board of Command
Thu, 09-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Decent first episode. The previous filler is my favorite up to this point.

redemption2MKII
Thu, 09-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by: Neko Haruko

And this pic so needs a caption!
"They just saw Gai giving Kakashi a lapdance..."

"Lee reveals his secret of how not to chafe when wearing a spandex body suit."

I also liked this episode, although it was a little more silly then the past few. The entire intro sequence was a bit over my head though. I also loved the two Chuunins carrying the chair back up, and the knob on the chair was bandaged and bloody. I don't wanna know what happened to the other guy.

Death13a
Thu, 09-22-2005, 04:40 PM
I wonder did they got same stuff as Lee did from before
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/death13a/vlcsnap-203194.jpg

Aeon
Thu, 09-22-2005, 04:44 PM
Tenten for the win with her 3sectioned staff, this ep was great it's nice seeing Neji and Tenten in eps togather.

Uberbaka
Thu, 09-22-2005, 04:44 PM
Judging from their re-action i would have to say Yes.

Neji's lips look funny when Tenten gives him a drink..

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-22-2005, 04:50 PM
I think Gai is just playing around with his voice to sound overdramatic or something.

Vokalyzd Harmony
Thu, 09-22-2005, 05:01 PM
So does the 7 Shinobi Leaders ahve anything to do with Itachi..or Atsuki?

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-22-2005, 05:29 PM
The basic idea is that since Raiga was a seven shinobi leader he knew Kisame, who knows Itachi.

Which of course is a bloody bs reason to bring Naruto along on the mission.

Uberbaka
Thu, 09-22-2005, 05:37 PM
Naruto should like trip over a small rock and die or something... And then they revive him at the end of the ark.. It would be worth the entire "He's alive!" crap just to see him die and get some naruto free naruto episodes. =P

Tsunade is just testing Neji's patience with letting naruto tag along.. Maybe she's hoping he'll gentle fist naruto's ass...

Err wait.. That came out wrong..

Aramis
Thu, 09-22-2005, 06:07 PM
lol at Tsunade making Naruto tag in "just because". Damn, it could be so much better without him around all the time

Vokalyzd Harmony
Thu, 09-22-2005, 06:17 PM
they should kill off naruto and revive him with dragonballs

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-22-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by: Vokalyzd Harmony
they should kill off naruto and destroy the dragonballs

fixed

Jadugar
Thu, 09-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

they should kill off naruto and send him to Soul Society.

fixed

FIXED (version 2)

Uberbaka
Thu, 09-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by: Jadugar

they should kill off naruto and send him to Soul Society.

fixed

FIXED (version 2)

Oh god no.. I pity the inhabitants of SS..

What was the topic of this thread again?

aznroyale
Thu, 09-22-2005, 09:07 PM
bwhahahahhahaa Tsunade threw the chair out the window and two people picked back up for her bwhahahaa

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-22-2005, 09:39 PM
And the chair had a bump on it's head i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Uberbaka
Thu, 09-22-2005, 09:47 PM
And the chair had a bump on it's head

What's the name of the instructor who was carrying it back in who also had a simliar bump on his head? (gee, I wonder =P)

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-22-2005, 09:54 PM
Kotetsu i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

for some reason he and his mate (whatever his name is) always carry stuff around

TS8
Thu, 09-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Does that guy bury people alive or something? I noticed the coffin shaking near the beginning, and the guy's remark that there was still time kind of hinted at this.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Yeah, he does.

Board of Command
Thu, 09-22-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by: TS8
Does that guy bury people alive or something? I noticed the coffin shaking near the beginning, and the guy's remark that there was still time kind of hinted at this.
The mission people talk about it. They want to rescue Kanpachi, who happens to be in the coffin. If they're rescuing him, then it means he was buried alive.

XanBcoo
Thu, 09-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Or they have really strange fetishes

@The idea of killing off Naruto: Can't be done. Who'd be there to end the arc with a "RASENGAN!" ?
Another vital filler component.

Vokalyzd Harmony
Thu, 09-22-2005, 10:40 PM
without Naruto chasing after Sasuke..there WOULD be no filler arc..ta da!..EIther kill Naruto..or show more pr0n..whatever works..I wouldn't mind if Tenten trained naked under a waterfall..

kaniskii
Thu, 09-22-2005, 10:51 PM
I liked this eps. Lee training with the weights on was pretty cool. imagin how fast and badass he would be if he walekd around with those on all the time, like the ones he has on his legs. I liked how they showed Lee and Naruto's little rivalry.

Looks like sakura is getting along pretty good with Naruto right now too. Deep down, I bet Naruto does not want sasuke to come back, because as soon as he does, sakura will go running to him and forget all about poor naruto.

Uberbaka
Thu, 09-22-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by: XanBcoo
Or they have really strange fetishes

@The idea of killing off Naruto: Can't be done. Who'd be there to end the arc with a "RASENGAN!" ?
Another vital filler component.

Jiraya can pretty much take care of that.

I don't like the concept of the guy getting buried alive.. That means he won't die and they will with 100% certainty rescue him in the nick of time.. *sigh* That's about the only thing I really disliked about this episode.

It's been days, and everyone who watches mythbusters knows that you would hardly last more than a couple of hours if you're insanely lucky.

Krbadass
Fri, 09-23-2005, 12:14 AM
They ate turtle.

Vokalyzd Harmony
Fri, 09-23-2005, 12:52 AM
poor poor turtles..=/...y ou think the American version would censor that out? cruelty to animal or some bullshit?

Masamune
Fri, 09-23-2005, 03:18 AM
Save the turtles!!

boycot naruto!!

Save the turtles!!

Uberbaka
Fri, 09-23-2005, 04:51 AM
Sure, nobody cares about the lizard... (it might have been dried, can't remember)

You only care about the cute and cuddly animals... and.. like.. cows.. damn vegetarians!

=P *ahem*

supra33202
Fri, 09-23-2005, 06:42 AM
I think this episode is ok. The scene of eating curry was hilarious, but kind of awkward to see Neji use Bakagan. Why would they put in turtles by the way? Turtles are spicy?!

DragonSpirit
Fri, 09-23-2005, 09:26 AM
nah dude, if you watch it again they toss in a bunch of different types of chili peppers, the kinda round orange one is called a habanero, and those are the spiciest chilis in the world. somebody needs to bring rock lee a sake so he can go drunken master on that whole villages a$$.

Vokalyzd Harmony
Fri, 09-23-2005, 09:53 AM
bring ME a sake so I can put up with Narutard

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 09-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Are you guys serious they actually are trying to show off one of the seven mist swords men? When the hell were the called the seven mist lords? Thats bullshit. Next thing you know there going to reveal a new atsuki memebers. Seems like the animation team is taking more and more liberties with the fillers. It's been proven that they can't come up with anything good so why should they be entrusted to flesh out other aspects of the naruto universe. I'm all bummed out. I was hoping for an ultra cool seven samurai style story that would detail their origins. It really sucks that their name is going to be tarnished by the filler.

XanBcoo
Fri, 09-23-2005, 01:02 PM
The fact that they're intorducing one of the 7 Mist Swordsmen means that Kishimoto never had any intention of fleshing out the other 5 to begin with.

Uberbaka
Fri, 09-23-2005, 01:22 PM
I had honestly forgotten all about them, so I don't really see this is a major drawback.. But that could just be me.

Chibbas
Fri, 09-23-2005, 01:23 PM
Am I the only one who hated this episode ¿?

I didn't think they could do such a horrible episode with Rock Lee and Nejii...

Only one part made me laugh... It's when they put the turtle in the curry....

I had the impression it was alive and was trying to swim...

Rock Lee training with the heavy wheights was cool !!!
I hope next episode we can wach him and Nejii in action !!!

Phoenix20578
Fri, 09-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by: Chibbas
Am I the only one who hated this episode ¿?

Did you read the first three pages of this thread. No you are not alone.

DONT SAY THE NAMES OF UPCOMING ARCS - WARNED.

-Krb

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 09-23-2005, 01:33 PM
Or what?

Or else you'll stop downloading Naruto?

OOOOOOO

Uberbaka
Fri, 09-23-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by: Chibbas
Only one part made me laugh... It's when they put the turtle in the curry....

I had the impression it was alive and was trying to swim...

Wasn't it?

Inazuma
Fri, 09-23-2005, 02:44 PM
Fillers can be tolerated when they're good. I want a fillers with de Lee/Gaara Fight in the chuunin Exam. And No Rasengan !

XanBcoo
Fri, 09-23-2005, 05:04 PM
Yes, the turtle was alive. At least that's the impression I got.

And no, this episode didn't really suck that bad, if only because it had Neji and Lee in it. Some of it was pretty funny. And then again, some of it was really dumb (Naruto coming along "just because" as well as teh lame reason for finding sasuke).

V
Fri, 09-23-2005, 05:10 PM
For them to resist using the Rasengan is like trying to resist a free lapdance. Face it, both ways you get you off easy, unfortunately you're left less than satisfied afterwards.

It's sad thought cuz there's more to Ninjutsu than Replications and Rasengans. Naruto's faught without those before. And how about using the nine tails? Is it forbidden in fillers? Even for just a little while? And play the music with the "Sooya sooya" (or whatever it is) theme.

Jadugar
Fri, 09-23-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by: V
And how about using the nine tails? Is it forbidden in fillers? Even for just a little while? And play the music with the "Sooya sooya" (or whatever it is) theme.

Its too much hard work for the fillers to animate nine tails and we did hear that "Sooya sooya" sound/music.

Assertn
Fri, 09-23-2005, 10:19 PM
1) Obligatory anko plug wasn't necessary......it just "felt" weird and gimmicky....or maybe it was just the way she was exploited for her previous acknowledgement of liking sweets to throw in a small light-hearted gag.

2) Crazy animation almost borderline kakashi-mask ep. The tenten facial expression was completely unexpected...but at least it shows they remembered tenten's obsession with tsunade.

3) It's supposed to be the 7 swords of mist (or something to that effect)....NOT 7 shinobi lords. GJ DB! It did seem extremely gay to have to in some completely contrived way connect this saga once again to sasuke, but I think lee did that on purpose just to get naruto to follow along.

4) It was nice of them to pull out some of the music that I haven't heard since the first saga

5) WTF @ THE TURTLE??

Psyke
Fri, 09-23-2005, 10:29 PM
Yeah many of the facial expressions were over the top. As for the turtle I was kinda shocked too, not due to them eating turtles but rather because the tutle was thrown into the soup alive. Turtle soup anyone?

Jadugar
Fri, 09-23-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke
As for the turtle I was kinda shocked too, not due to them eating turtles but rather because the tutle was thrown into the soup alive. Turtle soup anyone?

Thats how they cook lobsters. How else would you kill them?

Psyke
Fri, 09-23-2005, 10:37 PM
Well, most turtle soups restaurants would remove the shell first, and then chop up the meat into smaller bite sized chunks before putting it into the spice/herbal soup. Sad to say some restaurants remove the turtle shell while the turtle is still alive, but I doubt they'll throw in the turtle while it's still alive into the soup. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Jadugar
Fri, 09-23-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke
I doubt they'll throw in the turtle while it's still alive into the soup.

Those japs will eat anything that moves, shell or no shell.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 09-23-2005, 10:51 PM
That's no shit, don't you watch Iron Chef?

Board of Command
Fri, 09-23-2005, 11:03 PM
The fact that they're intorducing one of the 7 Mist Swordsmen means that Kishimoto never had any intention of fleshing out the other 5 to begin with.
Not really. They just said the Raiga guy *might* be one of the 7 swordsmen. Chances are he won't be.

XanBcoo
Sat, 09-24-2005, 12:04 AM
Ah, you're right. I guess I was just assuming Gai-Sensei's big scoop was correct...I have faith in him like that.

Assertn
Sat, 09-24-2005, 02:30 AM
he better not be.......
im excited to see another member of the 7 swords of mist just as any other fan would be, but to see one in this filler saga would only mean one less potentially major character that kishimoto will have to keep out of the manga =/

XanBcoo
Sat, 09-24-2005, 04:23 AM
He'd just kill them off quickly anyway.

Demolution
Sat, 09-24-2005, 01:29 PM
The filler episode was alright, at least we got to watch the eps earlier than the noobs watching it on cartoon network aye? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Yeah, hopefully Naruto can end the damn mission with something different other then using the Rasengan all the time -- even though he gets beat up 20 times and goes "Damn it!"

Use his stupid fox powers or something and combine it with his Kage bunshin technique, that'll scare the piss out of everyone there, even Neji or someone from the team going "Is this the Naruto? When did he become so strong!"

And the only reason why Naruto are in all of these episodes, is because the anime IS called "Naruto" and whatever Naruto does is very funny yet retarded at the same time, so if Naruto is out, there'll be no comedy at all and some of us enjoy watching some funny bits. Out of all the characters, Naruto is the funniest person even though he doesn't look strong, but he trains alot and loves fighting, so yeah.

Or at least get Neji or someone to beat them up and Naruto to end it without using his Rasengan.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 09-24-2005, 03:41 PM
lol Neji had his Byakugan activated after eating the curry...

XanBcoo
Sat, 09-24-2005, 04:50 PM
So did Lee when he found the curry house:

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/7006/leebyakugan8iv.jpg

lol, it even zoomed in and everything

Krbadass
Sat, 09-24-2005, 05:21 PM
Until the show retains its "ninja" aspect it will continue to suck.

Mae
Sat, 09-24-2005, 08:35 PM
Ok, caught up. The bug filler arc was moderately entertaining, wins my award for best filler arc so far. Perhaps, dare I hope, they are getting better with fillers?

The first ep in this arc was decent, and I'm a fan of Rock Lee (how this happened I'm still not sure) so I'm looking forward to it. At least we should see him fight at some point, and I love how they show his fighting style. And perhaps drunken fist? I don't think it will be back in the story line, but they could fit it in a filler. I dunno, the guy's just so cheerful, and cute, like only a really ugly character with huge eyebrows can be cute... And Neji isn't too bad either, despite having no pupils. Well, I'll catch up with it again later.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 09-24-2005, 11:04 PM
So did Lee when he found the curry house:

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/7006/leebyakugan8iv.jpg

lol, it even zoomed in and everything

Yea but it was for real with Neji... his veins popped out of the side of his eyeballs and everything...