PDA

View Full Version : If the 60'S-70'S are where its at.................

Antipete
Tue, 09-20-2005, 01:19 PM
Lets call this : .Spot the complaint thats missing!

Know what?

I was just thinking, why is it that as far as styles in clothes go and music goes [somewhat] and just tons of shit the 60's and 70's are "the absolute shit" according to todays kids. For instance I can sit here and tell the kids around my neighborhood that are friends of my son about stuff from the old days. [according to them-hehe its so amusing to think Im an old man to them] I mean they can sit there all day long just "Wowed" by all that good stuff like the first Woodstock-Vietnam era-coffee-houses where you could catch Dylan one night and then find someone like Clapton who was totally into spacey metal-Blues at the time sitting in the next, Tin Pan Alley [yes, I am from NY] and I could go on and on and on.

BUT then when it comes to stuff like listening to the fossil in your own house who comes from the 60's-70's era [being they have lived so much of life already so they know whats going to prepare you for "the upcoming struggle which is life"] kids almost without exception all now think they know how to do just about everything themselves and they want to beome "Rebels without Causes" all of a sudden and it seems just to defy their parents they will go against WHATEVER it is that parents will mention.

I cant believe the things I hear from these same kids who claim they have it rough and thier parents are "tough on them" and "All my Mom does is yell" and really the only time I ever hear a problem its about the same issues like My Mom is constantly breaking my balls about my homework........cleaning up the room...........money..............my phone bill....................when I should go to bed .............................oh the Boyfriend-Girlfriend thing and the biggest complaint by far......................when I can use the PC! <<--- Dont U realize these are all things that will help you learn to live with other people, to get you a career and to teach you resposibility and its the same stuff ALL parents ask kids to do so congratulations you are now a part of history yourself 'cuz as you see it repeats itself! I mean really these are the people who have brought you into the world and have found a way to feed you and clothe you and put a roof over your head and I dont care if your parents have you in Govt Housing or if they are divorced you are not them and you have NOTHING to ay until you do beter so there! Your kids can be the judge of this if you ever have any!

Can anyone spot the biggest one that is missing from the 60's-70's? The top kids complaint from back then that is also "By Far" the biggest complaint among kids back then and I bet you wont find 1 to disagree