PDA

View Full Version : My new bands first song :D!

Santah
Tue, 09-20-2005, 10:10 AM
My first song with my new band Flisk (http://flisk.theclan.com.au/)

Unfortunatelly I didnt have access to a studio this time round, so this was all recorded in my lounge room with home recording gear. Personally I am really happy with it... but I'd love to hear what you guys think of it.

DOWNLOAD SONG (http://flisk.theclan.com.au/mp3s/Flisk_-_Countdown.zip)

Some pics:

singer:
http://www.flisk.theclan.com.au/content/fliskbig1.jpg

me and her:
http://www.flisk.theclan.com.au/content/fliskbig2.jpg

just finished playing:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/skulleada/myspace_kieren_chantelle.jpg

The song was written by me and on the track im playing the acoustic and electric guitar. Thanks to anyone that takes the time to listen i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Oh and, anyone on myspace? Add us to friends please i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif Myspace (http://www.myspace.com/flisk)

Phoenix20578
Tue, 09-20-2005, 10:25 AM
It has a good beat. The vocals are really good too.

PSJ
Tue, 09-20-2005, 11:35 AM
What kind of music is it?

Assertn
Tue, 09-20-2005, 11:40 AM
haha, what is it with bands and their fascination with myspace?

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 09-20-2005, 01:08 PM
That's one hot piece of ass.

XanBcoo
Tue, 09-20-2005, 02:23 PM
Damn. I loved it.

Very nice. The singer is really awesome.

eat_toast
Tue, 09-20-2005, 02:27 PM
i liked it, i hope you do well. also, ill add you on myspace. : )

Foomanchew24
Tue, 09-20-2005, 02:39 PM
Im downlaoding cause I have nothing better to do at the moment. Ill report back after listening.

Lefty
Tue, 09-20-2005, 05:22 PM
It's a good song for a first time out but you need to consider brining more depth to the gutair, it sounds too one dimesional. Making a live recording of this song would prove to sound much better than this studio version. But I still give it three and half out five.

Koyuki
Tue, 09-20-2005, 05:30 PM
Yea, I agree Lefty. I think the vocal is too high. But it's nice song.

SK
Tue, 09-20-2005, 05:39 PM
I think it sucks.

~1~

A.y.a.m.e.5.6.8.6.1
Tue, 09-20-2005, 06:56 PM
That was awesome! You have a really good voice. Good job!

Honoko
Tue, 09-20-2005, 07:13 PM
agree w/ lefty about guitar... also i'm not sure if it's the recording and space or not but your singer needs to articulate the words more clearly. otherwise, i'm impressed. keep going.

Santah
Tue, 09-20-2005, 07:17 PM
Thanks everyone

Originally posted by: Lefty
It's a good song for a first time out but you need to consider brining more depth to the gutair, it sounds too one dimesional. Making a live recording of this song would prove to sound much better than this studio version. But I still give it three and half out five.

Yeah I know exactly what you are talking about... We are going to re-record practically everything next weekend. I've rewritten the acoustic guitar part so it sounds a bit more interesting.

Originally posted by: SK
I think it sucks.

~1~

Thanks for the useful crit *HUGE ROLLING OF EYES*

XanBcoo
Tue, 09-20-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by: Santah
Thanks everyone

Yeah I know exactly what you are talking about... We are going to re-record practically everything next weekend. I've rewritten the acoustic guitar part so it sounds a bit more interesting.

Can you post that when you've done it? I'd love to hear it.

Assassin
Tue, 09-20-2005, 08:23 PM
definately a good song. however like honoko said, the singer needs to articulate more. but she has a great voice though.

as far as the music goes, i think its good, but not quite fitting for the way its sung. seperately the music and singing are great, but together they dont work as well. perhaps more variety in instruments would help.

imo, for the type of song u've written, and considering how the singer sings it, a slower 'background' music would be better (like the music/singing in My Immortal - Evanescence).

all in all, great job. be sure to post the revised version up when its done. best of luck to you both

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 09-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by: Santah
Thanks everyone

I think it sucks.

~1~

Thanks for the useful crit *HUGE ROLLING OF EYES*

Well, you wanted to know what people thought about it, and you weren't all sarcastic with people who liked the song but didn't give any specific reason.

XanBcoo
Wed, 09-21-2005, 12:06 AM
Not that it makes any difference, but only eat_toast said that it was good w/out mentioning at least one reason why they liked it.

I guess it just seemed like SK was trying to be an ass.

SK
Wed, 09-21-2005, 02:26 PM
I think it sucks, so what? Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to.

~1~

NM
Wed, 09-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Overall, I thought it was pretty good! Best part about it was the music. The singer was good to, I think you guys have started on the right track. Good luck to you both!

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-21-2005, 04:29 PM
I think it sucks, so what? Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to.

~1~

It's obvious that you don't have any comprehension whatsoever on what "putting in an effort for something you love" means. Essentially, you are entitled to thinking it sucks, but if that's all you're gonna post then shut the fuck up. This might be the internet, but there's still something called etiquette. And even if it isn't your kind of music, at least show the author proper respect for actually putting in an effort - by giving critique or something. Constructive one for example. Even if it might not be badass gangstah hiphop rap shit.

About the song: Not too bad, can't really complain about the recording or anything, but it's not really my type of music. It was pretty pleasant to keep in the background as chillout music though. Keep goin'.

SK
Wed, 09-21-2005, 07:21 PM
What? We show respect on these boards now? Must have started while I was gone.

~1~

Santah
Wed, 09-21-2005, 11:49 PM
Nothing wrong with saying it sucks, but as terracosmo said it would be good to say why.

Thanks to everyone else for the kind words though i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

jing
Thu, 09-22-2005, 07:23 AM
Stop focusing on SK's post and continue on with the thread or else it will turn into a flame war.

konceptnokakashi
Thu, 09-22-2005, 11:01 AM
erm is your website down?? can't seem to enter into your site plus to download your song.. hahah..

Zoels
Thu, 09-22-2005, 07:04 PM
the song needs bass. even if not a bass guitar, just some bass sound. it would make the song sound much more full.

Xollence
Thu, 09-22-2005, 07:19 PM
It's not bad for a first song. That girl's singing sounds kind of off at certain points, but overall it's good.