PDA

View Full Version : Romance Animes

Kaiko
Mon, 09-19-2005, 04:34 PM
I'm looking for suggestions on romance/comdey animes I can find out there. If you have a link also that'd be great to download, but just some suggestions is what I'm mainly looking for.

kooshi
Mon, 09-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Nvm, I take it back.

aznroyale
Mon, 09-19-2005, 04:53 PM
uh this belongs at the download section
animes for romance (http://www.animenfo.com/animebygenre.php?genre=7&perpage=30)
animes for comedy (http://www.animenfo.com/animebygenre.php?genre=3&perpage=30)

Kaiko
Mon, 09-19-2005, 04:55 PM
I read the rules O_o I only posted a request because that was my main desire at the time for joining, but I plan to contribute in other ways. And I did search, but finding the romance as a topic is hard i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Edit: Ok maybe I got the section wrong -.-

Kaiko, welcome to the forums. Despite what the others have said, you are completely within the rules. This thread contains two questions, one about downloading and another about suggestions. Since your main question is about suggestions, you were right to post it here.

GotWoot Moderator

Mae
Sat, 09-24-2005, 01:10 PM
What kind of romance do you like? Maybe if you listed series you've enjoyed we could think of something similar. And are you male or female?

I'm not a big fan of the genre, but I really like Kare Kano (sometimes translated oddly as His and Her Circumstances). Full Metal Panic -Fumoffu is good and you can probably find it since the new FMP series has renewed interest it the older ones. The first Tenchi Muyo series isn't too bad. Hmm... romantic comedy... Oh, if you haven't seen Ramna 1/2 try to pick it up. I'm watching Honey and Clover and it's decent. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

MrTicTac
Mon, 09-26-2005, 10:55 AM
bah who cares,, why people gotta point out oooh go look it up blah blah

i'm sure he just wants opinions of his peers.. not some review by who knows who,, well anyways i like romance/comedies sooo here i go with some quick descriptions

i go by order (best #1)

1. Tenshi na Konamaiki (cheeky angel) - its mostly comedy,, and it just touches on the romance randomly,, its some funny shit,, 50 episodes out now on torrent (its batch) really a must see (go to animesuki.com, then series then look it up)

2. Fruits Basket -- ohhh gotta bust out the tissues on this one,, uggh i admit crying a bit while watching this,, very loveable characters,,, Tohru Honda is one of the most popular female chars,, like everyone loves her,, u will too ^^ ending is a bit confusing,, it continues in the manga though,, i only know to buy it dvd though

3. Chobits -- gotta be #1 on the ecchi (perverted) romance/comedy,, all u need to know is.... cute computer life like dolls... owned by people,, also very sad i'd say

4. Love Hina -- ugh must be #2 as perverted romance/comedy,,, once again all u need to know is,,, that 1 guy in 1 house with like 5+ girls..

5. Aoi yori Aoshi -- theres a season 1 and 2,, ok this anime falls in the romance category of how many times the main chars call out each others names,,, main chars (Aoi and Kaoru) call out to each other like 50x per episode,, tehres also a bit of comedy mixed in

and theres plenty plenty more good ones,,, i mostly just said the popular ones,, theyre still good

hellangel000
Tue, 09-27-2005, 11:13 AM
well has any1 heard of girl got game? im not sure if i got the name rite cuz im not good w/rememberin names anyway its comedy its really funny and its kinda of romance 2 but i dont think its in aime only in manga i think but im not sure and its pretty good tis funny but u want romance.....idk there is a manga and i dont remember the name....im sry but that manga is a romance yea..well u should check girl got game well if u havent heard of it yet.

kooshi
Tue, 09-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Hmm, my bad, I apologize, guess I read your post wrong.

Back on topic, I would suggest (in order of my preference):

School Rumble - The creativity of this anime is just awesome. It's hilarious when it wants to be and the stupidity of some of the characters just keeps you wanting to know what they'll do next.

Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu - If you like the FMP series, you'll definitely like this.

Suzuka - Not much comedy in it, but the drama is pretty good.

XanBcoo
Tue, 09-27-2005, 09:41 PM
I'm with Mae in recommending His and Her Circumstances (which is pretty much the exact translation i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif of the title). It's probably one of my favorite anime ever. It was Made by Gainax and directed by Hideaki Anno (Evangelion). It's a good example of a romance anime that doesn't just end w/the guy and girl getting together. Awesome focus on the characters, great story, etc etc etc watch it.

Saikano is also a really great romance, but it's a *little* depressing. And by a "little" I mean, "you'll want to kill yourself." But yeah, watch that one too. A must for any lover of romance anime.

I've heard a lot about Fruits Basket and apparently it's awesome as well. I recommend it.

All the rest that everyone else has listed are fun too.