PDA

View Full Version : American Football!

masamuneehs
Sun, 09-18-2005, 05:05 PM
American football. Yes, it is very much a sport, even if it's limited to one corner of the world. It's also the fucking BOMB of contact sports, a real thing of beauty.

So which teams do you root for?

Any favorite players or specially hated ones?

Personally: I'm a Buffalo Bills fan. My parents and grandparents are from Buffalo, even though I was raised nearer to NYC. I despise the Cowboys because of those two Super Bowls... I also have a dark corner of my hate filled heart reserved for Bill Belicheck and the New England Patriots. Genius coach, failure of a human being.

I also refuse to root for the Jets or Giants because they actually play in New Jersey, and are just another Jersey plot to leech money out of the pockets of the good people of NY. Being a Bills fan is rough, but I stick with them through it all. I am so happy that Bledsoe is gone, even if Losman isn't quite ready to kick ass and take names yet.

GLS
Sun, 09-18-2005, 05:07 PM
Other: Cincinnati Bengals

Hakeem_21
Sun, 09-18-2005, 05:44 PM
World Football and real football the best i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Niner4959
Mon, 09-19-2005, 02:25 AM
Niners.

Zhan
Mon, 09-19-2005, 03:09 AM
Cougars because they have a New Zealander in their team and they did the haka i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mon, 09-19-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
Personally: I'm a Buffalo Bills fan. My parents and grandparents are from Buffalo, even though I was raised nearer to NYC. I also refuse to root for the Jets or Giants because they actually play in New Jersey, and are just another Jersey plot to leech money out of the pockets of the good people of NY. Being a Bills fan is rough, but I stick with them through it all. I am so happy that Bledsoe is gone, even if Losman isn't quite ready to kick ass and take names yet.
My Bucs kicked your ass.

SK
Mon, 09-19-2005, 02:32 PM
New England ofcourse.

~1~

Foomanchew24
Mon, 09-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Im a chefs fan, go KC!

Aeon
Mon, 09-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Eagles fan here, gotta stick with the home teams.

Lefty
Mon, 09-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Pats baby got be the Pats. Newengland all tha way.

GLS
Mon, 09-19-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by: Foomanchew24
Im a chefs fan, go KC!

I could go for a Snickers bar about now i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

ChaosK
Mon, 09-19-2005, 07:55 PM
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS! i live in NY so...it was either jets or the giants and...comon...duh!

masamuneehs
Mon, 09-19-2005, 08:33 PM
My god Mut... as if I needed another reason to dislike you...

ChiaCheese
Tue, 09-20-2005, 02:24 AM
i'm from los angeles born and raised, so fuck the raiders and fuck the rams.

i think i'll ignore the NFL like they've been ignoring us and just watch our bruins and trojans.

Antipete
Tue, 09-20-2005, 01:27 PM
Hey Chia your kinda late arent ya? I mean those 2 teams already said the same thing to LA already no??

I have no stake in this I just thought Id point it out being a Gint fan {yes we spell it that way.....Jints too]

Oh and BTW....... Tennesee......cough-cough-gag-gag.... whew, Washngton??? I kow U couldnt put em all in there but it seems that a few teams deserved to be like Cincy will be much better and its Det-Chi believe it or not in that div this year and Atlantsa surely deserved a shot but the poll is ALL GOOD BY ME.............Jints.......Giants.........NYGiants . WooHoo!! UNDEFEATED!!!

ChiaCheese
Tue, 09-20-2005, 02:48 PM
and that's why i say fuck em. am i supposed to stop hating them for leaving at some point? and am i supposed to not care that the NFL has been ignoring us all these years?

masamuneehs
Tue, 11-07-2006, 01:40 AM
Arise thread, arise!

Necro posting this old shit because this sport is fucking awesome and this year's football season has been incredible so far. Right now it's the halfway point and alot of teams still have very legit shots at making the playoffs, but a couple sure-fire locks are also closing in on securing spots.

A summary for those who don't know what's going on:

Indianpolis is undefeated at the halfway point, 8-0. Only one team has ever had a perfect 16-0 season. They play Buffalo next week, and their schedule gets harder from there. They're very good, but not many think they can remain unbeaten.

The NFC East is a crazy house, with the Terrel Owens media circus running at full blast and some absolutely wild finishes (2nd longest field goal ever and an "Untimed" Free Play for a game winner) toppling 2 of the most touted teams, Philly and Dallas, to 4-4 records. The Giants, led by Eli (brother is the head of the 8-0 Colts), are on top in one of the best divisions in the league.

Miami revamped their entire team in the offseason, hoping to make a run. They were a huge disappointment instead. But somehow they managed to beat the previous undefeated Chicago Bears this past weekend! Meanwhile, last year's Super Bowl Champion Steelers are stinkin', stinkin' like a mummy's herpes, at 2-6.

Masa's Midterm Report Card:
Hottest Stud: Peyton Manning, Indy.
That man is a football god, the best quarterback by far, potentially going to be the greatest of all time. He's so hot right now the pants he wore last week are burning a hole into the center of the earth. When he wants his team to score he's unbeatable.

Biggest Dud: The Arizona Cardinals.
Brand new stadium. Heisman winner rookie QB. Shipped in Edge James for the running game. Solid WRs. All fucked up, everything. This team has some awesome talents, but they're underachieving like Jesus' unwanted secret childen. I root for minority coaches, but Dennis Green is the biggest piece of shit in the league. He couldn't teach a lemur out of a burning paper bag.

The "I Shit My Pants" Moment of the Season Sofar:
Brian Urlacher forcing that fumble in a game the Bears were horribly losing on Monday Night against Arizona. The Zona RB rushes for 2 or 3 yards and gets stopped straight up, Urlacher holding him from behind and holding him up. Play looks over. Then BANG! like a whip from heaven Urlacher's arm snaps backwards, his fingers pulling the football right out. Bears recover it, for a touchdown, come back to win it. Watching a replay of that play I could feel Urlacher's hand as if it were deep within my chest, prying my soul out with 10 inch long fingers.

Things of Beauty:
Tory Holt spinning the ball around his hand, coming to rest in his palm for a TD.
Ryan Denney getting just the smallest bit of Daunte Culpepper's right foot, then flipping him headways while he's skidding five feet, face down in the grass.
Every single Jacksonville Jaguar cheerleader.

People who Should Be Wearing Bags on Their Heads they're so Ugly:
Terrel Owens, Dallas. Shut the fuck up already dude.
Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers. Super Bowl king to Steel City Sucker.
Daunte Culpepper, Miami. guess the leg wasn't healed after all...
Alber Haynesworth, Titans. Hitting a man while he's down is one thing. Stomping on a man's unhelmeted head with metal spiked cleats makes hitting that downed man look like Nobel prize material.

God's Deliverance: Saints, New Orleans, blessed at 6-2
Karma dude. After everything that happened in that town it's great that they have something to cheer about.

The Dark Lord:Bill Belicheck.
This man needs to die. He argued a critical call in one game and actually got the refs to change their call, to the wrong one. All year long he's acted like he's someone special, like the rules don't apply to him. Yes, he won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years, but that doesn't mean the referees should be listening to him. He's the coach of one of the competing teams, he has a very real interest to protect, and no matter how much respect you have for him, you can't allow his opinion to influence yours if you're an going to be an arbiter. Watching some of the Patriots' games, you sometimes wonder if the referees aren't on their payroll.

The Buffalo Bills
God I love my Bills, even if they're a disappointment again this year so far.... JP's been putting up some dumb balls, getting the ball turned over alot. He just doesn't seem smart enough sometimes, but his arm is like a friggin cannon... McGahee's injury isn't being disclosed by the Bills staff, nobody has a clue how serious it is. I have to root for them to win though, because the wild card is a longshot, but a shot nonetheless.

anyone still reading this?
yup, so there you have it. This is the Raping of King Tutenkamen's eyeballs as far as necro-posting goes... But I just had to do it, I love my football... Any other US football fans out there? Anyone?

Yukimura
Tue, 11-07-2006, 02:02 AM
The Steelers......the word on campus is they're cursed. (I go to school in Pittsburgh). But when I look at the games I can't help but agree. They play these amazingly good games...then they get inside the 20 and choke like 85% of the time. They have more turnovers than any team I've ever followed seriously in a season. Since I'm not allowed to watch other games while the Steelers are playing I can't even check out what else is happening in the league (I hate Sports Center), Thanks for the updates masa!

SK
Tue, 11-07-2006, 12:25 PM
That Pats game HURT ME!!!

SamuraiOdin
Tue, 11-07-2006, 02:11 PM
I'm much more of a fan of NCAA football, though perhaps that's cause I'm still in college and can't help but root for my Ohio State Buckeyes!

Aeon
Sun, 11-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Eagles are upsetting the Colts tonight.......Believe

masamuneehs
Sun, 11-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Bills have been playing AWESOME the past two days!

and i have to start admitting, as much as I despise the Dallas Cowboys I can't help but root for Tony Romo. A story like that, virtually unknown his whole life, silently doing his best to get noticed, finally gets his chance and takes off running! He's turned that team around all the way.

It's also nice that Indy is undefeated. With the salary cap and the competitive nature of NFL now I wonder if it's impossible for anyone to go undefeated anymore...

Rex Grossman is officially starting to suck donkey balls. Started out like an MVP, but people are figuring out that he's an average, young and inexperienced quarterback, and he's starting to play like it too.

Even some of the horrible teams are doing well. Look at Buffalo, Tennessee, San Fran, team's nobody thought would have anything good to talk about, they're all doing pretty decent. Only teams like Oakland and Arizona have nothing going on...

San Diego is the team I'd like to see win it all this year. LaDanian Tomlinson is the perhaps the best all around athlete in the game right now, (maybe rookies like Vince Young may wind up being greater in time, but right now it's all LaDane) and plays in such a frenzy that you feel he can not be denied. Them versus New Orleans would be an awesome Super Bowl.

Michael Vick... such a good player, but flipping the bird to your own fans... come on man, you have to play with more class than that, even if you're the pratically holding the team together by yourself against great expectations....

The Steelers collapse is officially complete. Polomalu may be out for the season, they got shut out, at home! It's the eye of the tiger, it's the king of the fight, and they don't have it anymore.

and, sorry Aeon, but with McNabb out (man I hope he can get healthy enough to play again... he's such a classy guy, just a good person. It would be a shame if he couldn't recover) but with McNabb out, the Eagles are sunk man. You won't win, but it'll be interesting to see how your team rebounds after losing their leader.

ChaosK
Sun, 11-26-2006, 07:40 PM
Eagles are upsetting the Colts tonight.......Believe

I'll choose to not believe that statement.

SK
Mon, 11-27-2006, 03:06 AM
My Patriots had a big win today!

Aeon
Mon, 12-25-2006, 08:46 PM
What a difference a month makes for the Philadelphia Eagles, after destroying the Cowgirls tonight my Christmas is officially complete. We've now won 4straight and with a win next week can clinch the NFC East title. I can't wait to play the Saints in the 2nd rd of the playoffs, we let them off the hook the first game. That 1st rd bye should be ours.