PDA

View Full Version : Subs

l'Amka
Sat, 09-17-2005, 12:44 PM
One maybe stutid question:
Gotwoot, how You make mega-cool-dancing-nya-nu-subs in opening, in particular "Tenjou Tenge" (progs, another?)?? :-)

complich8
Sat, 09-17-2005, 06:15 PM
wow .... that'd be a much less stupid question if you had any sort of English skills. Hopefully you'll understand my answer, even if I don't quite fully understand your question :-p.

What you seem to be talking about is called "Karaoke" (pronounced "carry-oakey"). In order to create karaoke subtitles, you'd typically use the karaoke timing mode in a timing application like SubStation Alpha. Xombie-sub is apparently also going to support karaoke timing sometime soon, but doesn't yet. I'd suggest you read the ssa documentation and play around iwth ssa to learn how to actually do karaoke timing.

The next step is applying a typeset effect, because normal karaoke is kinda dull. That means you NEED to understand what karaoke timed scripts look like and how to work with them, and you also need to understand typesetting. Read the docs that came with vobsub/textsub, which are pretty much the docs that everyone who knows how to typeset learned how to typeset from.

So yeah, substation alpha, vobsub (preferably with the textsub filter), and of course a raw, a script, and virtualdub to see how it looks ... and the tenacity to figure out how to use them all.

l'Amka
Sun, 09-18-2005, 05:54 AM
Okey, about ssa and other I like have understood x) But here is about mobilities subtitle and their pulsation, and other beauty... The Darkness not enlightened...
Even so, can show the vapour an example from same Tenjou?|

p.s. i can only read En text, not write. 8)
Not scold so powerfully that.

complich8
Sun, 09-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by: l'Amka
p.s. i can only read En text, not write. 8)

clearly...

Listen. Download vobsub (use google). Download substation alpha (use google). Download virtualdub (use google). Donload xvid (use google again). Install virtualdub, install xvid, install substation alpha. Install vobsub, making sure to install the "textsub for virtualdub" plugin.

Read the documents in C:\Program Files\Gabest\VobSub\Docs after you install vobsub. That's the only way to learn this stuff. Take particular advantage of ass-specs.doc.

I can't show you the karaoke lines from Tenjou Tenge, and nobody else really can either. You wouldn't understand what's going on in them anyway, without being familiar with ass-specs.doc.

l'Amka
Sun, 10-02-2005, 01:02 AM
Oh, no there =8ECO interesting. You could simply give pair an example and not 510BL my brains. Thanks. =)

p.s. i find very old guide from 2002 so all o.k.

rman0099
Sun, 10-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Sorry to put this here and not create a new topic but for some reason the "new topic" button at the top of the page would not work. I was on another forum when I heard the reason the Naruto subs were slow were due to a need for editors. I have actually been wanting to help the fansubbing community for some time but as of now I have not found someone in need of an editor (and if they were I was late on finding out). If you need someone please let me know and I would be glad to help out.

I wasn't really sure about the best way to get in touch so I tried posting here.

complich8
Mon, 10-17-2005, 04:31 AM
Gotwoot and AnimeOne are two quite different entities, although they're related.

Almost no current AnimeOne staff members ever visit here, and the only way to really attempt to pick up a job in aone is to join #aone-recruit @ irc.rizon.org. You may also be interested in reading the topic, onjoin notices and such in #animeone, as they'll tell you what staff the group is currently looking for.

I'm not sure about this, but I _think_ that they found an editor for the series. However, don't let that stop you from trying...