PDA

View Full Version : Manga: Air Gear

Munsu
Sat, 09-17-2005, 02:55 AM
Alright, let's see if this works out...

This is the first winner we have, so let's all start reading it...

You can download the series here:

http://www.mangatraders.com/ = Direct Downloads

Up to Chapter 30 of Volume 4 has been translated thus far, I think the manga is up to volume 11 in Japan, I may be mistaken though

There's a new poll to choose the next manga to read, so remember to visit this thread again and cast your vote:

http://forums.gotwoot.net/mess...6201&enterthread=y (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=33&threadid=16201&enterthrea d=y)

Shinda
Sat, 09-17-2005, 05:31 PM
I'll finish the rest of volume 4 tomorrow,

is there gonna be a discussion or what?

Honoko
Sat, 09-17-2005, 05:51 PM
and does everyone have to catch up with all the scanslated manga in order to discuss it? or can we just air our impressions as we go along on our own?

relevasius
Sat, 09-17-2005, 07:04 PM
Well I guess I'll try to start up some kind of discussion...

So far I can't decide if I like this manga or not. I do like the bits of comedy thrown in every now and then, and i've had a couple of moments where it actually made me laugh out loud, but the whole premise of the story is just... well bad. Those first chapters were so chaotic as far as introducing the characters and everything, but maybe I was just rushing through it. Either way, definitely not the best read ever, but it is entertaining nonetheless.

Munsu
Sun, 09-18-2005, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by: Honoko
and does everyone have to catch up with all the scanslated manga in order to discuss it? or can we just air our impressions as we go along on our own?

I say give your impressions as you go along on your own.... if we wait till you read all of it, we'll probably see just a couple of discussions and it will surely die until a new chapter is out... so prefferably discuss as you go on is better i think...

And I suggest that everyone, at least until everyone is caught up, puts up spoiler warnings of what chapter you are on before revealing something... since I know many are up to date, but I also know many are simply starting now

Originally posted by: relevasius
Well I guess I'll try to start up some kind of discussion...

So far I can't decide if I like this manga or not. I do like the bits of comedy thrown in every now and then, and i've had a couple of moments where it actually made me laugh out loud, but the whole premise of the story is just... well bad. Those first chapters were so chaotic as far as introducing the characters and everything, but maybe I was just rushing through it. Either way, definitely not the best read ever, but it is entertaining nonetheless.

The manga is ok... some fan service for those who like it, and some action.... But I think the action portion is gonna get better from now on, since as of now all we've seen are stupid games... The fights in the first volume were much better than the later ones...

GhostKaGe
Sun, 09-18-2005, 05:24 AM
Artworks OK kept simple and clean

Up till now ive only been able to read the first 3 chapters (Had to read the first chapter twice to get a grip on whos who amongst the chaos like relevasius said earlier) due to other things takin up my time but i think im gonna like this one.

Anyone else like the idea of being the tortured servent of a bunch of sadistic skater chicks. Tie me up and gimme a roasting anytime i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Munsu
Sun, 09-18-2005, 06:26 AM
Hehehe yeah...

But it seems like we've only seen the older sister once in the first chapters, then she is forgotten... anyone know where the heck she is?

Shinda
Sun, 09-18-2005, 07:02 AM
well, in the beginning he said that Rika started working, so I guess she just got a job...

Munsu
Sun, 09-18-2005, 07:09 AM
Ah that's true... I just confused her with the other sister (the one that always kicks his ass when he comes home)

Honoko
Sun, 09-18-2005, 07:35 AM
well, my question's not relevant anymore.... i read all 4 volumes last nite >_<

general thoughts: pretty shounen, and i'm a sucker for "typical" artwork. the storyline is pretty typical but the "battles" are somewhat original enough to hold my interest. makes me wanna go rollerblading and do all those cool tricks on buildings in my neighborhood hah i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

GhostKaGe
Sun, 09-18-2005, 08:14 AM
I wonder if theres gonna be a skateboard equivalent of Air Tricks

kAi
Sun, 09-18-2005, 09:18 AM
Damn, this manga as really caught my attention, it's great.

Nice and original, I like the humour content also, fan service, man what else could you ask for?

Phoenix20578
Sun, 09-18-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by: kAi
Damn, this manga as really caught my attention, it's great.

Nice and original, I like the humour content also, fan service, man what else could you ask for?

I agree. Great action and humor always make manga. Theres just something about it that makes it worth coming back for more. *cough**cough*fanservice*cough**cough*

Shinda
Sun, 09-18-2005, 02:49 PM
I really like the manga,,
it's amusing - mostly because of the sheer idioticy that comes back every chapter now and then
and the fights are kinda nice

I only got a bit annoyed in the first few chapters,,
I had to read it a few times to get the names and facts right - twas a bit chaotic in my opinion

it's contagious, I feel like fetching my old skates again i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

GhostKaGe
Sun, 09-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by: Shinda
it's contagious, I feel like fetching my old skates again

I aint been on skates since i was 12 and i wasnt very good then and that was before frequent alcohol binges destroyed my coordination.

Ryllharu
Mon, 09-19-2005, 07:15 AM
Ringo is the hottest character in manga I've ever seen. How can you go wrong when she's dressed as a school girl half the time, and a punked out skater queen (very often in hotpants) the rest of the time? Simca's her only real challenger, but I'm still gonna stay with Ringo.

And the part where Ikki is trying to find a place to take a shit is hilarious. 'He's already scoping out the arena, he must be really talented... [authors note: just trying to find a place to take a shit]'

Phoenix20578
Mon, 09-19-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by: Ryllharu
Ringo is the hottest character in manga I've ever seen. How can you go wrong when she's dressed as a school girl half the time, and a punked out skater queen (very often in hotpants) the rest of the time? Simca's her only real challenger, but I'm still gonna stay with Ringo.

How can you say that! Simca is defenitly the hotest! Anyone who can give a "reward" like that.......

Munsu
Mon, 09-19-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by: Ryllharu

And the part where Ikki is trying to find a place to take a shit is hilarious. 'He's already scoping out the arena, he must be really talented... [authors note: just trying to find a place to take a shit]'

Lol, that part was hilarious.. so random... everyone is intense about the fight, Ringo looks left, and there's Ikki taking a shit with all of his clothes off

PSJ
Mon, 09-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Cool manga, a great choice. The only thing i feel it lacks are some characters, i mean there are Ikki but that's about it for now. There are no interesting side kicks or anything.

The art is very good though and it is very original, it feels like it will pick up the pace soon so i'm looking forward to more.

Lefty
Mon, 09-19-2005, 05:59 PM
Thanks for teh recomendation Bud. I really got in to this series fast. It's nice to see somehitng with an orginal flair such as this once and while.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 09-19-2005, 10:02 PM
Just finished the 4th volume. Wow, this little kid is insane. Now i'm curious. What are the other roads? We have 3/8 named, Flame road, Sky road, and Blood road. Any guesses?

relevasius
Tue, 09-20-2005, 02:32 AM
Maybe they'll have some super cute little girl who rules the Flower Road. That'd be hot. She'd have to wear a headband that had cat ears and end all her sentences with "-nyuu." I don't think i'll truly enjoy this manga until that happens, hehe. But on a serious note, there will probably be more elemental based roads, like some type of water, metal, etc.

I was wondering how more conflict was going to be brought into the story, seeing as how just having battles would get kind of dull, so i'm glad to see the whole illegal card get pulled, especially having that badass Agito/Akito being a tool of the police force:

"SO SMALL (not worth my notice)" that part had me cracking up for a while.

XanBcoo
Tue, 09-20-2005, 11:34 PM
I only had time to read volume one.

I don't think this manga is that great so far. As some have said, it's kinda chaotic in the first few chapters. Some of the bits felt kinda randomly thrown in (like that old guy at the end of volume one). I'll finish up to volume four though. It's enjoyable.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 09-21-2005, 07:05 PM
I have only read the first vol so far but i thinks its okay so far.

I dont like the "typical" artwork and that there isnt many good characters so far. I think Ikki and the chick that always kicks his ass are okay the rest isnt nothing special.

About Air Treck i hope they will use in fights or a battle like when Ikki faced the Makkie.

More thoughts when i have read all 4 vols.

Munsu
Mon, 09-26-2005, 12:10 PM
more chapters released

http://scum-scans.com/directdl.htm

Phoenix20578
Mon, 09-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Thesew new chapters kick ass, but the transvestite thing threw me a little....

PSJ
Mon, 09-26-2005, 01:31 PM
Great chapters. I like Agito/Akito, nice addition to the cast. I hope it will pick up from here and at least 1 or 2 more side characters will be introduced, the cast seems a bit thin still.

Munsu
Mon, 09-26-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by: Phoenix20578
Thesew new chapters kick ass, but the transvestite thing threw me a little....

Lol yeah....

I really thought he was a girl until I saw Ikki in the bathroom using all the toilet paper (reminded me of Ace Ventura)

Edit: new chapters can now be found here, the other site was pretty slow

http://www.mangatraders.com/filebrowser/Air%20Gear

Phoenix20578
Wed, 09-28-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ
Great chapters. I like Agito/Akito, nice addition to the cast. I hope it will pick up from here and at least 1 or 2 more side characters will be introduced, the cast seems a bit thin still.

Your right, it does seem a bit undercast right now. I think they'll have at least 4 more(road kings) and then maybe 6 more sec. characters.

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-28-2005, 02:50 PM
Read 2 volumes. This is among the worst shit I've ever read. It better pick up.

Munsu
Wed, 09-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Read 2 volumes. This is among the worst shit I've ever read. It better pick up.

i'm pretty sure that when you read the latest two chapters you'll feel right at home

GhostKaGe
Thu, 09-29-2005, 03:15 PM
At last i got the time to read the rest of the chapters agito/akito is great addition can't wait for more

Munsu
Wed, 10-12-2005, 10:12 AM
chapter 33 is out

Shinda
Thu, 10-13-2005, 08:38 AM
yes, about kazu! Was wondering if he had disappeared or something.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 10-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Great chapter. Ikki's got a Road King and a tank on his side, ought to keep getting good. I feel sorry
for Kasu though, poor guy tries so hard and he's only the 5th errend boy...

PSJ
Thu, 10-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Good chapter, Kazu was actually kind of cool in this chapter, trying so hard to become a good AT rider and all. Pretty cool that he managed to beat up all those strong looking senpai's.

Agito/Akito is in my opinion the best character of this manga yet. Buccha is good to but i feel that there has been to little of Ikki, i just haven't got a real feel on how his personality is.

Ryllharu
Thu, 10-13-2005, 05:03 PM
I'm still partial to Ringo being the best character in the manga. She's so strong (being declared the official successor of the Sleeping Forest) and yet hasn't really shown her abilities. Agito/Akito is good for laughs and freakish viloence, but Ringo still seems to have a lot of character development. She's honest about her feelings, but of course Ikki is too stupid and perverted to notice.

Come on, you know you like her too.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 10-13-2005, 11:46 PM
Ringo is cool. I esspecially like the bath mishap in Ch. 23.
"Ikki's scream reaches the heavens" LMAO

GhostKaGe
Fri, 10-14-2005, 01:14 AM
vol_02_chp_33 from scum scans is out http://www.mangatraders.com/filebrowser/Air%20Gear (http://www.mangatraders.com/filebrowser/Air%20Gear)

I love the intoduction given to the class to introduce Agito/Akito

kAi
Wed, 10-26-2005, 12:33 PM
Well, the people over at scumscans, the guys that do this manga, have a poll in their IRC channel, saying
POLL: Should AirGear be dropped and work on another project? !yes !no !pollstats This poll will determine the fate of the project

Everyone go to their IRC channel
/server irc.irchighway.net
/join #scum-scans

and vote

!no

at time of posting
5 votes Yes, 13 Votes No.

GhostKaGe
Wed, 10-26-2005, 01:21 PM
I put in a vote for no

Ryllharu
Wed, 10-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Yes: 5 No: 20

Keep voting no.

PSJ
Wed, 10-26-2005, 03:44 PM
No point in voting then, would have voted yes. Am i the only one who likes this manga?

GhostKaGe
Wed, 10-26-2005, 06:23 PM
No point in voting then, would have voted yes. Am i the only one who likes this manga?

if you like the manga why would you vote yes

POLL: Should AirGear be dropped and work on another project? !yes !no !pollstats This poll will determine the fate of the project

I like air gear and don't want them to stop

Ryllharu
Wed, 10-26-2005, 08:19 PM
I think they set it up intentionally to make people vote to drop it. We all know the translator hates Air Gear.

It's sad that no one seems to like Air Gear among the scanlating community, its an awesome series.

PSJ
Thu, 10-27-2005, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by: GhostKaGe

if you like the manga why would you vote yes

I like air gear and don't want them to stop

Ah fuck, i was tired when i posted that, what a stupid post...

Phoenix20578
Mon, 10-31-2005, 12:08 AM
Do we have any news if they dropped it or not?

kAi
Mon, 10-31-2005, 08:25 AM
well, they released chapter 34, and it's up on mangatraders.com

Phoenix20578
Tue, 11-01-2005, 11:46 PM
That was a pretty cool chapter. I didn't think so much work went into making a team.
LMAO @ Ikki stealing all those clothes.

kAi
Wed, 11-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Yeah, this chapter had some nice humour in it, the vote seemed to be a joke, than it actually got real.
Why wouldn't anyone like this manga, I think it's awesome so far.

Lefty
Wed, 11-16-2005, 04:03 PM
Chapters 35-37 out from sc scans.

kAi
Sat, 11-19-2005, 05:41 PM
Yeah, some nice ecchi shots happen, seems Kazu will be the speed king or something of the sort.

Phoenix20578
Sun, 11-20-2005, 11:36 PM
Wow, great chapters. I agree with kAi that Kasu will be another king. Stealth is a fitting nickname, and Speed
Road would be the best bet.

GhostKaGe
Tue, 11-22-2005, 02:24 PM
yaaaaa for the triple release

Kazu gonna be speed king, Ikki sky king and then theres the perverted road king. Ps: needs more Agito/Akito and way more Ecchiness i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif ....... not that there aint plenty alread but you can never have too much

PSJ
Wed, 11-23-2005, 12:13 PM
Read 34-37. This was some good stuff. I like how Kazu has gotten alot of development in these chapters, the perverted dude riding on his head still needs to get serious and get some skill though.

Did anyone else think of Mamoru from Sailor Moon when Ringo turned up with a mask and cape? I sure did.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 11-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Did anyone else think of Mamoru from Sailor Moon when Ringo turned up with a mask and cape? I sure did.

Here I thought I was the only one! That was hilarious btw, when that perverted idiot grabbed Ringo's
ourfit. Fanservice is awsome i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

PSJ
Wed, 11-23-2005, 12:40 PM
To me it is a little to much. I'm not really amused by that kind of jokes, okey once in a while they are fun if they are unexpected but this author keeps throwing them in our faces almost every chapter. If he would give the manga a little more depth and seriousness it would be alot better.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 11-23-2005, 12:54 PM
I find there to be a good balence of comedy and seriousness in Air Gear. A lot of scenes are serious, but too
much seriousness isnt always good. I think the author wants people to enjoy Air Gear like a family sitcom,
not an action or drama.

PSJ
Wed, 11-23-2005, 03:51 PM
What kind of family sitcom is all about sexjokes? There is nothing wrong with jokes, i like the occasional idiotic adventures of the fat dude and i love Akito's weird stuff but like 3 chapters in a row they pulled sexjokes about Ringo in the middle of a A-T battle, to me that is just bad timing. Fine if they joke around fro mtime to time but in the middle of a battle? At least leave us with some seriousness.

GhostKaGe
Fri, 11-25-2005, 08:22 AM
What kind of family sitcom is all about sexjokes?

A damn good sitcom i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Ryllharu
Mon, 11-28-2005, 12:03 AM
To me it is a little to much. I'm not really amused by that kind of jokes, okey once in a while they are fun if they are unexpected but this author keeps throwing them in our faces almost every chapter. If he would give the manga a little more depth and seriousness it would be alot better.

Tenjou Tenge sort of lost it's steam lately with the recent scans coming out, for that very reason. It got serious, it got weird, and it wasn't as funny anymore. Any sort of character the series had disappeared, and it became another charge-up superpower series. I lost intrest in it, and was glad Air Gear took up the gap.

Air Gear still has that feel, and as stupid as all the characters act, I can't see anyway they could ruin that pattern. It was never the point of being super serious about the battles, it was all for enjoyment and having fun with A-T. That's the reason Ringo got so angry at Ikki when he started beating the shit out of the other team.

PSJ
Mon, 11-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Well i don't read Tenjou Tenge and i am not a fan of bad jokes thrown in my face all the time. I don't mind the jokes here and there, i for example enjoy the fat guy skating on his head and Akito being gay and so on but when they throw in 3 Ringo sexjokes in 3 chapters in a row in the middle of a fight i get a bit pissed.

A good manga needs both char development, story, action and some comedy. It feels like Airgear skips most of all those things and throw in a bunch of crappy sexjokes in some chapters and i am not a fan of that kind of shitty immature humor. "oh my god lol look at her ass, she dressed up in a swimsuit HAHA" yea that's funny eh? Well i don't think so.

kAi
Fri, 12-09-2005, 11:54 AM
Upto chapter 41 released by scum scans, goto their IRC channel #scum-scans @ irc.irchighway.net

Lefty
Fri, 12-09-2005, 03:35 PM
As Kai said, go to there IRC Channel. BT and DL only get you jack shit.

Ryllharu
Fri, 12-09-2005, 03:37 PM
So I found out after idling in the chat three hours (like they wanted) while the bt ran.

So that makes me twice the dumbass.

A few important things revealed about the chararcters, none of which was actually all that unexpected.

kAi
Fri, 12-09-2005, 07:54 PM
hehe.

Rika is so hot, and she loves Ikki so much, this new guy on the wheelchair wonder what awesome shit he can do, or what he was like before.
Ikki will continue with A.T. that can't stop for certain reasons of being the main character in a story about A.T's, heh.

Lefty
Fri, 12-09-2005, 09:06 PM
He'll show his sister how good he really is, and she'll just give in....After a full on battle.

PSJ
Fri, 12-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Wow this manga just gets worse and worse, how old is the mangaka? 13? "Oh look at this so cool with chick in underwear wahahaha!!!" I really wanted to see some development for the main characters instead of bringing in new chars constantly, on top of that half of them are "extremly hot" girls.

Again he does a really bad job of mixing jokes with seriousness, he should read Ippo and Jojo's Bizarre Adventures and try to learn as much as possible.

kAi
Sat, 12-10-2005, 12:17 AM
You need to calm down PSJ, it's supposed to be a more light hearted manga, it aint all about seriousness, even when he gets serious, he doesn't.

PSJ
Sat, 12-10-2005, 10:32 AM
I am calm, i couldn't be more calm.

I know he isn't very serious and i don't like that he doesn't get serious. Why don't he do something along the lines of Love Hina if he likes to draw girls in underwear all the time?

Ryllharu
Sat, 12-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Mainly because people like to read this kind of crap sometimes.

When I want to read something with a well written plot where I have no idea what's going to happen next, I read Death Note. When I want some soap opera like series filled with overly complex relationships, I'll grab another chapter of NANA. Lots of gore? Gantz or Berserk.

And sometimes I want a shallowly written series filled with moronic perverted characters and fanservice in nearly every panel. Like Air Gear. It's not that well written, except for the perverted jokes shoved into every random crevise in the plot, but sometimes I'm just in the mood to read it.

It's great that you hate this series, we all know the former editor for Sc-scans did. I'm just not sure why you're so hostile about it. It's just another series in a long line of shallow ecchi mangas where the plot's main purpose is often just to allow for as many panty shots as possible.

I don't see why it needs to get serious. There's lots of serious mangas out there, sometimes you just need to balance it out with something stupid and perverted.

Munsu
Sat, 12-17-2005, 06:36 PM
AIR GEAR TV coming soon (2005-12-17 13:17:36)
According to this article, a TV adaptation of OH! Great's shonen manga Air Gear is headed for the small screen next year. Source: Animaxis [ discuss ]

http://www.animaxis.com/en/zin...er/view.asp?id=N001529 (http://www.animaxis.com/en/zine/newsletter/view.asp?id=N001529)

Phoenix20578
Mon, 12-19-2005, 02:24 PM
I hope it's soon, and I hope they don't fuck up the story ether.

Lefty
Mon, 12-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by: Phoenix20578
I hope it's soon, and I hope they don't fuck up the story ether.

They treated Ten Ten rather well. I think AG will gett he same treatment. Should be good. But know we get to look forward to the manga being picked up by DC and being butchered to death.

Phoenix20578
Tue, 12-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Well, they havent put out anymore of Tengo Tenge since Ultimate Fight. They had better not do that again. i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

kAi
Tue, 12-27-2005, 07:39 PM
Chapter 42 is released by scumscans.

Nice to see Rika young.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 12-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Wow, Rika was a King, didn't see that coming.

This chapter was really good. It showed more of the serious side of Air Gear.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 01-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Chapter 43 is out.

Good chapter. Ikki vs Rika coming up. That should be great.

Lefty
Mon, 01-23-2006, 03:18 PM
44 out. An ok chapter but a good build up for the next one.

kAi
Tue, 01-24-2006, 07:57 PM
heh, nice little chapter there, I liked the ass shot.
That guy is a smartass.

I feel this is going to be an awesome match up.

kAi
Mon, 01-30-2006, 10:08 AM
Go and get chapter 45, this shit is really heating up, the air flow is coming.

Rika is so fine.

Lefty
Mon, 01-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Looks like Del Ray picked up air gear. THANK GOD. At least this series is safe form the bumbling idiots at CMX.

Also I really want to see the next chapter bad. This is getting good.

EDIT: 46 out go get it!

kAi
Wed, 02-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Just finished with chapter 46, and it was a nice way to go about it.
poor Rika.

Munsu
Wed, 02-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Alright, finally caught up...

Good stuff as always...

My only complaint is that they create all this sort of games, and when the game starts you really have no clue on what the fuck is going on... I with the games, scores, etc were more detailed instead of talking all these poetic crap chapter after chapter...

Aside from that, I hope we get to see more kickass fights later on... girls hot as always... I liked the victory sign part and the kamekaze technique or whatever it was called...

Munsu
Sun, 02-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Up to 49 now out...

kAi
Sun, 02-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Nice release there, hope they do that more often.

Agito is taking down te people and now has set im up with someone good, should be a good match up to come, I wonder when Ikki will be getting those weights off. I don't think it will be for a while yet, but when they come off, god damn.

Rika nee is so cute.

Munsu
Wed, 02-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Yeah, I would say these were some of the most awesome chapters... Especially because of Agito going psycho, this Behemoth or whatever guys seems like will kick ass, next chapters will be good...

Munsu
Fri, 02-10-2006, 02:04 AM
Here's the website for the Air Gear TV series...

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/airgear/

Not much there, but you can see some of the character designs... I'm pretty sure the anime is coming out this Spring...

Ryllharu
Fri, 02-10-2006, 11:54 AM
I just saw the one page of the website. I think we're probably in for another TenTen. (Supremely dumbed down version of the original manga) Considering that Air Gear is already 'dumbed down' (mentally and in maturity, as much as I like it I can't deny that's true) as far as it can go, I can't see a whole lot of appeal in the series.

Ringo has (unless I suddenly became color blind) what appears to be, purple hair. That's.............wrong.

I'll give it a shot, but I really can't expect a lot out of it.

Munsu
Fri, 02-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I'm not to exited about the TV adaptation... They'll probably crap over it...

I hope I am wrong though...

Lefty
Sun, 02-19-2006, 10:08 PM
50 51 out go get it. Great setup for the enxt few chapters.

Munsu
Mon, 02-20-2006, 12:25 AM
Yeah, I read those chapters earlier today... Very good chapters, I hope we see some kickass fights in this arc cause it surely is setup that way.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 02-20-2006, 04:00 PM
Haha, kick ass chapters. I can't wait untill the next release. It should be a good fight.

As for Air Gear being a repeat of the tragity that is Tengo Tenge (anime), dear god I hope not. I was about to shot someone when they ended Tengo Tenge like that. If they do the same to Air Gear, I might not be able to stop myself...

Lefty
Mon, 02-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Dont' for get Air gear is like into volume 12-14 ish area right now in japan. Its like around a year and half old. I think it will be a while before the anime catches up. But I do hope to god they treat this series right or so help me I'll will kill all who are resposible.

Munsu
Sun, 02-26-2006, 04:19 PM
52 is out

Lefty
Sat, 03-11-2006, 09:41 PM
53-55 out go get it some decent set up for the two big battles we all want to see.

kAi
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Yeah, nice setup and Bucchi had a good battle, like this style, and some people came down to check out Kogarasumaru's fight against the Behemoth.

Can't wait till we get to the Agito/Akito match up it's the one I'm most excited about, that's going to be a bloodbath, Ikki's will be good he always seems to have good suprising fights, hope it goes well. Also wonder how Kazu will fair.

Phoenix20578
Sat, 03-18-2006, 08:41 PM
56 is out. This is turning out to be a good fight. If it were to last only a chapter, it woulnt be good at all. I'm looking forward to this "Bee" getting rolled over by the tank.

kAi
Sun, 03-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Nice chapter, Buccha is gunna squash some bees.

This Agito fight coming up is going to be awesome, stop teasing me god dammit!!

Munsu
Mon, 03-20-2006, 04:47 AM
Yeah, the last volume worth of chapters of so have been great, for a couple of chapters there wasn't much going on in Air Gear, but I'm glad they finally started fighting again. I like that woman who is fighting the fatty, just started masturbating, what a slut.

kAi
Tue, 03-28-2006, 10:13 PM
DEL REY MANGA TO PUBLISH AIR GEAR

(New York, NY; January 20, 2006)—Del Rey Manga, an imprint of The Random House Publishing Group, announced today the acquisition of AIR GEAR, a Kodansha property by manga legend Oh! Great, creator of Tenjho Tenge.

With 12 volumes and over 5.5 million copies in print in Japan, great anticipation has been building for the U.S. debut of AIR GEAR. AIR GEAR, translated from the original Japanese and completely unedited, follows the adventures of Itsuki Minami, the toughest strongest wrestler at Higashi JHS, who is easy on the eyes, but dangerously rough when he needs to be in a ring. Itsuki lives with the mysterious and sexy Noyamono sisters--so this lucky boy's life isn't exactly dull. But it takes a turn for the even more unreal when Itsuki leads his school to victory over some vindictive Westside punks with gangster connections. Now he stands to lose his school, his friends, and everything he cares about. In his darkest hour, the Noyamano girls come to Itsuki's aid. They can teach him how to use Air Trecks to save their school from the gangster's seige—and bring Itsuki to a thrilling, and terrifying, new world.

“This is definitely one of our biggest releases for 2006,” said manga director Dallas Middaugh. “The story will have you on the edge of your seat, and the art will keep your eyes super-glued to the page.”

AIR GEAR will be rated for ages 16 and up. The first volume will go on sale July 25, 2006.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 04-03-2006, 10:32 AM
57 is out. Heh, I know the other battles were gonna kickass.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 04-17-2006, 09:13 AM
58 is out, get it at http://scum-scans.com/directdl.htm

Stealth strikes again. That was really a great chapter. I wonder what the slut whos facing Onigiri is gonna do...

kAi
Mon, 04-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Nice chapter, good to see Kazu come up with something, the mangaka always comes up with a good explanation of how they get over and win verse their opponents.

bagandscalpel
Mon, 04-17-2006, 12:25 PM
The explanation was nice, as always, something new and interesting...

However, I'm kind of disappointed that Sano ended up relying on a stunt like that though he's a level 82 rider. Let's just hope he isn't just a one-trick pony like Hecatoncheire.

Honoko
Wed, 04-26-2006, 10:55 PM
59's out. http://scum-scans.com/directdl.htm

kAi
Thu, 04-27-2006, 10:58 AM
Damn, I didn't think that both of them were going to lose, I thought that at least one of them was, and I thought it was going to be Kazu.

Oh and you gotta love the new outfit Ringo has on, there is like nothing on it, lol.

kAi
Wed, 05-03-2006, 10:01 AM
60 is out, and pretty girls are all around.
Nice opening page, lol.

This could become a nice, triple threat match at which Onigiri has front row seats.

DDBen
Wed, 05-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Chapter 61 is out

http://www.gufymike.com/tracker/download.php?action=torrent&info_hash=ae312efbeb19f369d0b4334601b48f7fc19e14d7

I'll wait for people to post before discussion to avoid any spoilers.

bagandscalpel
Thu, 05-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Visual detail's nice, as always. Though, the chapter was a little on the silly side, and I'd be more than a little irritated if Onigiri manages to pick up where Kazu and Buccha couldn't.

I'm guessing the newcomer is of the Lightening Road or something of that nature.

kAi
Thu, 05-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Oh damn, Ringo!

Onigiri has just cut sick, that looked mad.
Nice chapter all up, Simca explains something to Ringo that she doesn't know about the team and most guys in general, although she wants the best, she's going the wrong way about it. I like that drawing of the pig and snake, and also the last page.

DDBen
Sat, 05-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Airgear 62 is now up for download

http://gufymike.com/tracker/download.php?action=torrent&info_hash=a69d686a05e8f1fb2bdf7e2e1005c1e1801e0c81

Edit: Listed the wrong chapter by accident.

Lefty
Sun, 05-21-2006, 03:34 AM
Oh my god. That was so silly yet fufilling in a perverted way. Onigiri is my new lord and savior.

DDBen
Sun, 05-21-2006, 09:51 PM
Oh my god. That was so silly yet fufilling in a perverted way. Onigiri is my new lord and savior.

Couldn't have said it better myself... well except the amount of man sweat involved was also disgusting but oddly it worked and gave us all a exceptable conclusion ;)

Phoenix20578
Sun, 05-21-2006, 09:57 PM
LMAO!!! Onigiri's a pimp, lol. I really wanna see Ikki's fight, but seeing Onigiri seduce that girl was priceless!

kAi
Sun, 06-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Chapter 63 is out.

Ikki is controlling this fight at the moment, getting the other guy into his pace, and cheating at the same time, but that's what makes it his fight really, plus the other guy can't seem to catch on.

kAi
Mon, 06-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Chapter 64 has been released get it from #scum-scans @ irchighway.

Damn, Akito/Agito is breaking up, I don't think he'll be lost, He'll always be there thanks to Ikki smashing through the floor and giving him a little perspective. That knee to the head was hard, great art during this chapter these Fang King guys are awesome.

Ryllharu
Mon, 06-12-2006, 09:24 PM
I kinda found this to be a pretty worthless chapter for me. I'm not a fan of Akito/Agito, so I really don't care much for chapters that focus on them. I agree, the art was phenomenal in this chapter, and I did like the part that Agito was created to protect Akito (I think I've got that right). Other than the parts I mentioned and the art, the only part I found worthwhile was where Ikki showed up at the end to patch things up and set Agito/Akito on the correct path.

Lefty
Tue, 06-13-2006, 03:41 PM
I have to say this was a ve ry good chapter it showed what the internal struggle in side Agito/Akito. Farther down the line near the end of the manga these two should just become one person one rider. But anway the part where ikki busts in was prettty bad ass. He looked like demon for a second.

DDBen
Tue, 06-13-2006, 11:12 PM
I didn't hate this chapter but I really didn't love it either. Overall I just think this would go over much better animated or even as a weekly chapter but with the way its being released despite the art I found it a bit lackluster.

budak getah
Sun, 07-02-2006, 06:10 PM
Air gear 65 scan by someone

here (http://anip.homeunix.com/manga/index.php?path=Air+Gear%2FAirgear_v08/)

kAi
Thu, 07-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Well, 66 has been released by scum scans, and you can get it in their IRC channel or your favourite place.

Chapter talk

Look who's back, I wonder how this show is going to go down. I'm also wondering on how the match is going to finish, well either Ikki and Akito/Agito have to win, or the match has got to be interupted by the Shinjuku Crocodile.

Ringo and Simca are so cool.

kAi
Mon, 07-17-2006, 09:06 PM
Chapter 67 has been released.

DDBen
Mon, 07-17-2006, 10:59 PM
I've really been enjoying how the manga has been going overall. Its just a shame the only scantilations of the manga are going so slow that it seems the anime will overtake them at any time. Of course I don't think anyone expected them to do the first 20 chapters so quickly.

Once again we have a well written battle that will look better animated but I'm enjoying everything so far.

bagandscalpel
Mon, 07-17-2006, 11:27 PM
I really like the visual when Udou's shadow (which resembles something like Ultima Weapon) appeared.

But I still find it odd that so many of those, who profess themselves to be Storm Riders, no matter how good, find themselves never experiencing the "sky."

bagandscalpel
Fri, 07-21-2006, 11:38 PM
Double post for excellence! Ch. 68 by scum scans is now available.

Udou's footwear goes super saiyan, or some nonsense like that.

budak getah
Sat, 07-22-2006, 01:16 AM
chapter 69 is out..

bagandscalpel
Sat, 07-22-2006, 09:42 AM
chapter 69 is out..

Waahhh...! That was a dirty, filthy lie of the worst sort! You brought my hopes up only to have them come crashing back down to earth in a RAGING ball of FIRE with hopes of a new release! I hope you're happy with yourself, you charlatan!

budak getah
Wed, 07-26-2006, 03:38 PM
air gear ...

chapter 69 (http://anip.homeunix.com/manga/index.php?path=Air+Gear%2FAirgear_v08/)

chapter 70,71,72,73 (http://anip.homeunix.com/manga/index.php?path=Air+Gear%2FAirgear_v09/)

budak getah
Wed, 07-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Waahhh...! That was a dirty, filthy lie of the worst sort! You brought my hopes up only to have them come crashing back down to earth in a RAGING ball of FIRE with hopes of a new release! I hope you're happy with yourself, you charlatan!

I am not telling a lie...beware of your words and you should consider to clean back my reputation...

bagandscalpel
Wed, 07-26-2006, 04:07 PM
By "reputation," I assume you mean that you're actually hurt by that load of garbage I posted? If so, then I meant no offense, only to point out that you marked chapter 69 as having been released THREE days before it was in actuality.

Oh well, in my eyes, you've fully redeemed yourself, and more, with this most recent find.

kAi
Fri, 07-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Chapter 69 and 70 released by Scum-Scans.

Damn Udou has some badass AT's, but Akito/Agito used to have them before. I wonder how Ikki is going to get himself out of this one, going up close got him hit by the hammer, he may go up close to him and somehow break his way up, if he can get past the 'fang', so he can come down for an aerial assault. Although it's predictable to say, there still maybe another way to go on about this.

I wonder what 'king' that Ringo inherited from Rika?

budak getah
Tue, 08-15-2006, 02:38 PM
chapter 82 is out

here (http://anip.homeunix.com/manga/index.php?path=Air+Gear%2FAirgear_v10/)

Ryllharu
Sun, 08-20-2006, 07:09 PM
I'm sticking with the Scum releases because they are better quality (and come with occasionally nice extras).

72 is out, and I'm glad the flashback ended. With the last chapter, I was afraid Oh! Great would start on another 3 volume flashback, but fortunately, it was only a chapter and a half, and got the point across nicely. I know they've said the "next will decide the match" a couple of times, but this one looks like it really will be it.

kAi
Mon, 08-21-2006, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I didn't even check out the other releases, I hate when a new group just pops up and starts a little ahead from another group who is doing an awesome job. Can't they find something that isn't being done so we can get more manga out.

Yeah, flashback could've shown how the fight turned out, but what I gather from the flashback and also how Akira wasn't satisfied with the way is that Agito ended up giving him the regalia, or something along those lines.

This fight should soon be over, even possibly interrupted before an outcome is decided.

X-plicit
Fri, 09-08-2006, 06:27 PM
I've heard that Air Gear is up to chapter 140?

Apraxhren
Fri, 09-08-2006, 09:04 PM
I've heard that Air Gear is up to chapter 140?
You heard wrong, the manga is only up to volume 14 which is about chapter 112, of which 86 have been translated.

X-plicit
Sun, 09-10-2006, 05:13 PM
You're wrong. I did some research just to double check. Took me about 30 mins and they're at volume 16

LowLifeEric
Fri, 09-29-2006, 01:33 AM
well.. the anime just ended at episode 25... anyone know if the anime will have a second season?

kAi
Fri, 09-29-2006, 10:04 AM
More than likely it will have a second season, it's probably to let the manga get further ahead, as it is still ongoing. It caught up to quickly, and they don't want to create stupid filler for it, which would more than likely ruin the series.

X-plicit
Mon, 10-09-2006, 10:21 PM
Is the manga still being translated or is the manga over as well? I haven't been reading after the anime ended.

kAi
Mon, 10-09-2006, 10:25 PM
The manga is still being released, we just need to wait for the scanlations to come out. It is also still ongoing in Japan.

Zati
Mon, 10-09-2006, 11:57 PM
Thats good to hear just finished watching episode 25 and hope there will be a second season for the anime but will still be reading the manga.

X-plicit
Wed, 10-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Alright, thanks for the info.

kAi
Wed, 11-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Scum-scans have released 75-78, you can get it from their IRC channel.

kAi
Tue, 01-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Well, just updating here and seeing if anyone is still reading the manga, I just caught up and Sleeping Forest have released chapter 120.

Things have been going crazy the last few chapters, now the introduction of more Sleeping Forest members, and we'll get to see some action with the sisters soon to, I wonder where this is going, and how Ikki will react, he seems real pissed off at the moment, like he'll challenge Sleeping Forest or something. It seems Ringo can change herself pretty easily.

Ryllharu
Tue, 01-09-2007, 11:00 AM
That's what I've been seeing too. Suddenly with these new Triumphanem (sp?) Storm Riders coming out of nowhere and killing people, I wonder what part of the line Ringo's Sleeping Forest stand on. With Ringo crippling Simca, I can't see Ikki doing anything else but going for revenge. Even though he said he was going to fight Simca, and not just let some huge group insert themselves into his, hurting Simca to the point where she'll never "fly" again obviously only makes him furious.

The other twist the story has taken comes from the introduction of Kururu and the rest of Tool Tou To. It looked like the story was going to set up Ikki and Ringo the whole time, but with the intimacy Tuners have and how much time she's been spending with Ikki in the hospital, it seems like Kururu x Ikki is more likely. Plus she's really kawaii <3.

A final question. They've implied that Emily will begin learning A-T, and her friend (forget her name) can tell perfect time like any of the tuner 'witches' from Tool Tou To. She kinda looks like one or two of them. Is she already a member or were they only making the connection that she could be a member of Tool Tou To?

RedX1z
Wed, 01-10-2007, 11:37 PM
sleeping forest is the thing of the past, ikki must crush em'!

after watching 25 episodes in one night, then quickly catching up on the manga, it's pretty good, so far. ringo really did cross the line when she clipped simca's wings. i also think he'll go after the sleeping forest, it's one thing to lose, but it's a completely different thing when they lose more than a match. just because ikki was going to fight simca, doesn't mean he wanted to make her lose more than just the match. he's too kind hearted for something like that.

anyways, i'll assume simca will grow her wings back later on and return the favor. yeah, that sounds about right.

Styles
Wed, 01-10-2007, 11:49 PM
I've only made it to Chapter 112 because I've had some troubles with links on mangatraders. Is IRC my only other option to catch up?

RedX1z
Wed, 01-10-2007, 11:55 PM
I've only made it to Chapter 112 because I've had some troubles with links on mangatraders. Is IRC my only other option to catch up?

http://www.mangaupdates.com/releases.html?page=1&search=air+gear&act=archive

i hope this helps. this is where i got my chapters on very short notice and fast.

Zati
Wed, 01-10-2007, 11:55 PM
SF has dl links available here :

http://nyaatorrents.org/forums/index.php?showforum=82

Edit : RedX1z and me posted same time but he posted faster :)

bagandscalpel
Thu, 01-11-2007, 02:07 AM
I'm interested to finding out how far Ikki's willing to confront the family he grew up with as members of an opposing team.

On that note, I want to see how manipulating water has anything to do with AT; that Om character looks like a fattened Purple Haze from Jojo...

Styles
Thu, 01-11-2007, 04:22 AM
Thanks for the help, finally be able to see what everyone is talking about lately.

RedX1z
Thu, 01-11-2007, 10:32 AM
I'm interested to finding out how far Ikki's willing to confront the family he grew up with as members of an opposing team.

On that note, I want to see how manipulating water has anything to do with AT; that Om character looks like a fattened Purple Haze from Jojo...

all you need to know is agito will make a huge come back and then kill everyone anyways, so it shouldn't matter. because they're going to die anyway. go sharks!

seriously, mostly up to this point ringo has been talking about how at's should be used for fun and not violence, and then she comes out of no where and hospitalizes simca. i'm sorry, but i found her character annoying. hope shark boy kills her in her sleep. sharks!

kAi
Sun, 01-14-2007, 08:32 AM
[Sleeping Forest] Chapter 122 (http://nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=414)

kAi
Wed, 01-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Upto chapter 126 has been done by Sleeping Forest, you can get it from thier website, BT or DDL. http://sf.nyaatorrents.org/

Ryllharu
Wed, 01-24-2007, 12:44 PM
I didn't really expect Kazu to actually do something all of a sudden. Just like SF's credits pages say though, it dampens the effect of it because he's been whining the past 4 chapters. Emily was more impressive.

Hopefully we won't have to see the creepy fang-candy girl again, she was annoying, and her general appearance bothered me.

DDBen
Wed, 01-24-2007, 02:19 PM
I didn't really expect Kazu to actually do something all of a sudden. Just like SF's credits pages say though, it dampens the effect of it because he's been whining the past 4 chapters. Emily was more impressive.

Hopefully we won't have to see the creepy fang-candy girl again, she was annoying, and her general appearance bothered me.

Couldn't agree more on all points but then again anyone blowing ass bubbles bothers me.

kAi
Fri, 02-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Another 3 chapters released by Sleeping Forest.
Get it from their site DDL or Torrent.

kAi
Wed, 02-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Chapter 131 has been released by SF, get it from the usual spots.

Chapter Talk
Well, I think it's going to take a real turn now, RIngo has awakened the 'Crazy Apple', but before that she was saying sorry to the sisters about that she may break the law of tropheum. I wonder if they'll really try to take out Ikki when it comes to the crunch

Ryllharu
Thu, 02-15-2007, 07:16 AM
We knew that there was a growing gap between Ikki and Ringo since members of Sleeping Forest first started attacking for no reason. It looks like it's finally going to break apart completely, partly thanks to that weird, singing freak of a tuner she has.

Ringo was going to explain to Ikki about...whatever she needed to explain to him. That was what would have broken the laws of Tromphieum. But as Ikki flew further away from her, at a rate she couldn't match, I think she switched strategies and now she's just going to go after him full force and possibly try to break his "wings," just like Rika wanted to earlier.

Spiegel
Thu, 02-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Just a quick question, I watched the Air Gear Anime, and since there are no more episodes for me to watch I am in desparate need of a fix. Would you recommend picking up where the anime left off or starting fresh with the manga? The Main reason I ask is because I am not sure how much backstory and/or important information I would miss.

Ryllharu
Thu, 02-15-2007, 01:46 PM
I didn't watch the anime, but I know there are parts where the anime had to gloss over to get to a particular point where they could start to get into the main story and come out with a reasonable place to stop.

For completeness, I'd say just start over. For reference, if you do want to skip, the anime ends somewhere in volume 12. (The long distance leap over Ringo, which is where I was told the anime ends)

Spiegel
Thu, 02-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Ok, I think it is time to use my MangaTraders Account then, Thank you for the help.

RedX1z
Wed, 02-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Anyone read chapter 132, yet?

It started to get interesting since Ikki was forced to put up his emblem with his fight with Ringo, though I wonder how this will end? Would Ringo really try to eliminate him or is this some brilliant plan to somehow make Ikki understand?

kAi
Wed, 02-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Well, Ringo is trying to stop some 'war' that may spread, that is the road they take or something is what I got from it, and Genesis is the enemy. So, to take out the leader would be where to start, and also it's to make Ikki understand and/or just break his 'wings' as Ryllharu mentioned.

Ryllharu
Wed, 02-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Sorry about the length...I kinda just off with it.

Ultimately, like Rika did earlier, Ringo wants to keep Ikki out of all this, especially as it gets messier. Back when Ikki was fighting Rika, before Kogarasumaru was formed, Rika wanted to keep Ikki completely out of all this, but Ringo had recognized that Ikki has the natural talent, that his outlook is good for everyone (which was just to enjoy it).

Now Ringo has fallen into the same pattern of thinking Rika had. Ikki has completely outclassed Ringo. Right now, her motivation is unclear. Does Ringo want to cage him up? Make him understand the horrible things she did to Simca? Push him away from the Tower so he doesn't get hurt? Think he's allied with Genesis (since she doesn't know Simca unilaterally made them support Kogarasumaru, and doesn't know Ikki's plan to defeat Genesis)? Whatever it is, we'll find out as they battle.

The fundamental difference between Ikki and Ringo is that Ikki really enjoys everything about AT. He has fun during every battle, jokes around instead of training hard (except in secret). Ikki puts on the face of an idiot in front of everyone else so that everyone can enjoy themselves. Ringo has already been involved a long time, already climbed the Tower, and her and many other members of Sleeping Forest use AT to do bad things. CandyFang-tan killed people with her skills, including drowning members of her own team. Ringo has been subjected to the harsh reality of the Storm Riders. Perhaps that's what she wants to make him understand.

Kanon (Ringo's tuner) "tricked" Ikki into believing Ringo had betrayed him. Rika says as much to Kanon in ch132. The truth is that Ringo already had betrayed Ikki. The moment Ikki began to hang out with Kururu a lot, Ringo changed. She stopped visiting him as much, she attacked Simca, who despite forcing Genesis onto Ikki, was allied in his ultimate goal to make AT fun for Storm Riders again.

Ikki wants to make them see the sky again, while all the members of Sleeping Forest at the Tower are figuratively looking down below to crush whomever might come up.

RedX1z
Wed, 02-28-2007, 08:51 PM
thanks, that cleared up a bunch of things that i had forgotten or just misunderstood.

the next chapter should be fun then. the outcome might be one sided, but i'm sure it'll be fun none the less.

kAi
Wed, 02-28-2007, 11:43 PM
Chapter 133 and 134 are now out.

Ryllharu
Thu, 03-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Wow, I kinda didn't expect to be that dead on. I guess paying attention to the older chapters paid off after all.

Dick Starbuck
Thu, 03-01-2007, 07:21 PM
very cool chapter,
call me naive but i really didn't think Ringo would do that!

edit:
Airgear v16 c135 is out at sleeping forest.

Ryllharu
Tue, 03-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Now chapter 136 has been out for a couple days, and Ringo and Ikki's sides have both been blatantly stated. The question is what will happen with Kururu and the switched Regalia, and whether or not Ikki will actually be able to defeat 'Crazy Apple' Ringo.

On a side note speculation, remember when the other girl they hang out with (forget her name, Emily's best friend) was all but revealed to have the potential for Tool Tou To? Just a random speculation, but I kinda feel like she'd become Kazu's tuner. He's going to be given the title of Flame King, and he'll need a tuner. It would be an interesting side story with Emily too, probably involving some jealous feelings.

That is, unless Oh! Great forgot about those parts...

Ryllharu
Sat, 03-31-2007, 10:14 PM
Bump for Ch 137

Kururu attaches Ikki's new Regalia. My only question is are those the ones the other girl made and switched with Kururu's, in a lame effort to steal Ikki from Kururu? I wonder if there will be any ill effects from this.

Kururu <3.

I think Ringo x Ikki is really done for good. The determination on Kururu's face when she went to save him, and Ringo's face looking back at her...

kAi
Sun, 04-01-2007, 10:47 PM
It should be the other girls one and not the one's she made herself, I don't know how much different they would be but she should find out that they weren't hers and something might happen, or they wont be as good as the one's she made or something.

Chapter 138 is an April Fools Joke, and it also seems that Scum-Scans have brought out some chapters of Air Gear and other things, these guys haven't released anything in months, so it could be an April Fools joke as well.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-02-2007, 05:34 AM
It could be that they might break, since the other girl rushed and got help from the other girls to complete it before Kururu could, or the next time she tunes it for Ikki she'll know that they are not her parts.

Or slightly more interesting, it will get out that they are the other girl's, and she'll be granted permission as Ikki's tuner. Only Ikki will outright reject her and want Kururu. Hmm, possibilities are endless.

Ryllharu
Wed, 04-04-2007, 09:00 PM
Well, 138 is out for real this time.

Upon further examination, the other girl either took only the front wheels, or took the old wheels that Ikki used to use, that Kururu based her version of the Bagram. The wheels on the back of Ikki's AT that contain the core are the ones Kururu made, at least it looked that way. Or maybe it's just the core. The quiet girl of Tool Tou To saw the switch, so it will come up sooner or later.

It's not like Oh! Great would forget about this and have a continuity error, it was only 4-5 chapters ago.

DDBen
Sun, 04-08-2007, 12:43 AM
Chapter 139 is out

http://nyaatorrents.org/
just search for air gear

Honoko
Sun, 04-08-2007, 07:11 AM
I wonder if that skeleton road/metaphor is premonition of faulty parts in Ikki's AT.

lambchopsil
Sat, 04-14-2007, 10:33 PM
The Air Gear division of Sleeping Forest has broken off from the groups and is now called Kuu. They have also released ch140-141

More info here: http://www.kuu-scans.info/

kAi
Sun, 04-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Interesting things come up in these chapters, it was nice to see that Ringo went to save Ikki instead of going against him with the attack. We get to learn some little things, and the old man is back.

It seems the war is about to begin.

Is it just me or does it seem like Air Gear is nearing it's end?

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-15-2007, 11:40 AM
It was nice seeing that Ringo took Simca out of the fighting only temporarily, and she's not quite the evil bitch we had thought she became. She was actually protecting Simca, who has no combative abilities whatsoever.

It does seem like it's reaching the beginning of its final arc, but there are too many unanswered questions, a couple of them about Tool Tou To.

-Nakajima (I think that's the name of the other girl that always hangs around them, Emily's best friend) was shown to have the same pefect sense of timing as the tuners, and she lives in a repair shop. Where will she be incorporated into the storyline?

-What conclusion will be reached with Kururu and the girl fighting with her over Ikki? Will the regalia breaking be used to try and show Kururu is incompetent (since it obviously was not superior to the ones Kururu made).

-Why Simca left Tool Tou To, or at least the exact circumstances behind it.

-During the end of Ikki's hospital stay, they implied Emily developed an ultimate attack on a parallel schedule, the one that displayed how many panties Ikki had seen running on his hands. Are they just going to gloss over it, or will we actually see it? We saw Onigiri's lame and perverted skills after all.

But just because Ikki is leaving doesn't mean the conclusion will start. Ikki realized that the path he was taking was the exact opposite of his intention. Taking down Trompheaum (sp?) using the Wind Regalia would not give him the freedom he wanted all Storm Riders to share. I think it's more likely that AirGear is just about to make a fundamental shift in the story. If you read Tenjou Tenge, you might see similar things happen before the story shifted and got 20 times as confusing.

Fake climaxes are fairly characteristic in Oh! Great's longer works (pun absolutely intended).

X-plicit
Mon, 04-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Can someone care to explain what's going on please? I kinda started reading the anime where it was left off. So I'm kinda confused and here's some questions.

So what's Ikki's goal right now and Sleeping Forest's?

Did Ikki hold back or did Ringo hold back during their fight?

Did Ikki's AT fail or something? How come they were all grim reapers or something that came out?

I'm confused on that Death God stuff?

animus
Mon, 04-16-2007, 11:31 PM
Can someone care to explain what's going on please? I kinda started reading the anime where it was left off. So I'm kinda confused and here's some questions.

So what's Ikki's goal right now and Sleeping Forest's?

Did Ikki hold back or did Ringo hold back during their fight?

Did Ikki's AT fail or something? How come they were all grim reapers or something that came out?

I'm confused on that Death God stuff?

1. No idea.

2. Neither did, until the end. Ringo held back and helped Ikki.

3. Yes they failed. The "grim reapers" I guess are Oh! Great's way of cheesing stuff and overdramatizing stuff I guess. I mean thorn whips from Ringo's AT is acceptable, but Ikki cruising around while people have visions of Grim Reapers? =/

4. /shrug, your guess is probably as good as mine. It's probably the Wind Regalia's "released" form. It probably just represents the wind itself, and the Grim Reaper signifies death. And I guess they just want to demonstrate how powerful this wind just is, with the image of the grim reapers.

lambchopsil
Sun, 04-22-2007, 03:40 PM
The newest chapter just came. It's a nice way to wrap up the arc.

SPOILERS

And she even kissed him!

kAi
Thu, 04-26-2007, 10:23 PM
143 released by kuu.

kAi
Tue, 05-22-2007, 09:32 AM
144 and 145 released by kuu.

Best joke page ever in 145, it made me laugh.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 07-18-2007, 09:20 PM
End of volume 17, 155 released by Kuu

http://www.kuu-scans.info/

Sora's a cock-block lol

Honoko
Wed, 07-25-2007, 11:51 PM
157's out.

Now is it just me, or did Air Gear, within the last 10 chapters or so, get really really weird? Gravity children? Twins? What the hell is going on??

Ryllharu
Thu, 07-26-2007, 05:28 AM
It's just like Tenjou Tenge after the arc with the spear guy, only it makes sense. Unlike TenTen, you can follow this shift in the plot.

We've always known that the members of Sleeping Forest were absurdly strong. The reason why is because they were bioengineered and trained practically from birth to ride AT in zero-G. AT was created where they were. The facility, The Tower, is an enormous elevator into the earth that accelerates to cause zero-G conditions. The children escaped, leaving the incredibly dangerous Sky Regalia at the bottom near the Earth's mantle, at some several hundred degrees Fahrenheit.

The Tower eventually opened again, and Storm Riders (since AT got out into the world) went in to steal some junk because...that's why teenagers and punks do. It's existence had leaked out. The "gravity children" under Kilik formed Sleeping Forest to protect the dangerous technology inside. Other highly skilled children like Rika and her sisters (who turn out to not be related by blood) were allowed into Sleeping Forest, only to Kilik's dismay that they were also gravity children, created at some other facility where the evil research continues. One member of the gravity children formed Tool Tou To, since she didn't care for fighting, and tuning is truly only necessary for Storm Riders that weren't gravity children.

Sora however, had leaked the information about the Tower out, in order to have people get the Sky Regalia for him, since he turns out to be an egotistical bastard seeking out power and domination (the opposite of Ikki's proclaimed goal). Sora turns out to not be paralyzed at all, and has a more violent twin brother.

Honoko
Thu, 07-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Tenjou Tenge did cross my mind... in that manga, when it started getting weird I stopped reading =P But I think I'll keep going with this one.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 07-26-2007, 12:10 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/

This contains all released Airgear chapters so far. It is up to 160. Scans done by Kuu and Sora

And man chapters 158, 159 and 160 own more then any other chapter. THats all I'll say for now.

Paulyboy
Thu, 08-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Dont forget http://stoptazmo.com/airgear/ they basically have faster downloads, they also have of mangas, some are done.

kAi
Fri, 08-17-2007, 02:27 AM
and then there is http://www.mangatraders.com (http://www.mangatraders.com/). :P

I also noticed that scum scans have released again, this would be a first in a long time. I was stunned actually.

Hikyuu
Fri, 08-17-2007, 09:43 AM
I noticed that too-- I saw on #lurk's site www.gotlurk.net that they began releasing again... but I am not sure if it is worth replacing my scans with them....

Kitsune
Fri, 08-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Im kinda confused on whats been happening. So Sora and his twin brother Nike dont like that Spitfire is trying to make Kazu the new Flame King. Then Aeon Clock and Spitfire started to beat the crap out of Nike but in reality they did nothing to him. But what i dont understand is whos the "good guy" i cant tell anymore whether it is Kilik or Sora. And why is Nike trying to kill Spitfire if theyre both on Genesis:confused:

Hikyuu
Fri, 08-17-2007, 02:35 PM
I think Nike was an original member of Sleeping Forest.. but I understand where you are coming from as I too am confused as fuck about this fight sequence..

Ryllharu
Fri, 08-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Sora is an asshole. He's been manipulating everyone from the beginning (including the other gravity children) in order to get the Sky Regalia still buried in the Tower. He was using Ikki in order to get either the Sky Regalia, or tuned versions of the Wind Regalia, which he has now reobtained (and why he told Ikki he was no longer needed).

Nike and Sora conspired together to fake Sora's crippling by Kilik. How they accomplished that is beyond me.

Sora and Nike = pure evil, went off back to America for now.
Kilik = a bit arrogant, but not really as asshole
Ikki = played by everyone. Except sweet Kururu.
Spitfire and Aeon = allied with Kilik or at least against Sora.

As a side note to the romance angle that's been twisting throughout the series, Ringo has definitively lost her place to Kururu, and Simca never really viewed him in that way.

Hikyuu
Fri, 08-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Woah, so Sora isn't crippled? His legs must be atrophied like a mother fucker.. I bet Oh Great! Will make more fake physics to explain it .. I can only hope..

Thanks for Clearing that up Ryllharu :p

Honoko
Fri, 08-17-2007, 04:48 PM
I also personally root for Ikki and Kururu, although I didn't expect it. I thought Ikki and Ringo was a foregone conclusion, as most manga storylines go. Now I'm just waiting for Ikki to get his act together and go apeshit on Sora :-D How many chapter of emo-Ikki do you guys think we'll have to endure?

Ryllharu
Fri, 08-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Ikki is a bit of an asshole himself, he's gone through a few moments so far, most recently with his fight against Ringo. This time, they said outright that he's never been this completely beat down. He really looked up to Sora, and had thought Sora agreed with his idea that everyone should be enjoying AT, not using it for power or whatever lame shit they think up. Sora didn't acknowledge his existence at all, that's what hurt him so much.

Kururu was nearby to give him love. He'll be out for a little while, but I don't think it will be too long. It's not like Tenjou Tenge where they'll just slap in a huge flashback (they already did a short one that covered it all) or switch to a different "main" character.

Remember, Ikki is not a gravity child, and he did the moondrop (or whatever it was) that Sora taught him long ago when he and Ringo went to Tokyo Tower. He'll bounce back.

Honoko
Mon, 08-20-2007, 08:10 AM
Up to 169 out.

Yay, new king! Hurricane Road, Storm King. What a cool name. Does this mean Ikki will still get a regalia or would he be the first king without one? I had hoped for no more than 2 chapters of emo-Ikki and got it right :-D Woo!

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 08-21-2007, 06:59 AM
Ahh sweet. Hurrican Road, Storm King.

So right now Sora is the Wind King and Ikki the Storm King. A storm is much stronger then a wind no? Stuff keeps getting better and better.

ChaosK
Tue, 08-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Woah, so Sora isn't crippled? His legs must be atrophied like a mother fucker.. I bet Oh Great! Will make more fake physics to explain it .. I can only hope..

They're probably just gonna say he's healed in the last...however many years it's been (I forgot :p) But anyway, Sora-scans has released up to 169 and damn, storm king and hurricane road. :D (But Ikki doesn't have a regalia yet, but Kururu should clear that up)

Hikyuu
Sat, 10-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Anyone still keeping up on air gear.. I see that I was quoted in the last post which means no one has posted in this thread for two years ;/. Currently Air gear 257 was supposed to come out. After 256 there was a three volume break in the weekly releases so this week it should have come out.. or so I thought. Anyone know anything more?

kashim
Sat, 10-17-2009, 06:34 PM
I still follow it. I too am waiting for 257 i cant wait to see his true regalia. so far tho i havent heard any news on when next chap is coming out

Hikyuu
Thu, 10-22-2009, 02:18 PM
257 is out and up on Mangatraders :D

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 10-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Air Gear 257 Onemanga (http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/257/01/)

Out on Onemanga as well. And boy does the first page consist of pure fanservice. But thats alright. We see a move of their Dual Road ( think it was called that ) of AgitoxAkitoxKazu.Looks awesome btw. Too bad Ikki hasn't shown his move yet.