PDA

View Full Version : Fruits Basket and Funimation

Coriandria
Sat, 09-17-2005, 12:11 AM
Quick question

I just finished watching Fruits Basket that I rented on Netflix. And regardless of my impressions of the actual anime the subbing job was unbarably bad for me. The timing just felt really off and it was riddle with typos.

Is this a common theme of all Funimation releases? Should I avoid funimation anime and look for alternative sources or the manga instead?

Also as a side question for those who have read the manga does the story continue after the anime ends? just curious.

aznroyale
Mon, 09-19-2005, 05:56 PM
i would believe that this thread might belong to the Anime Support

Mae
Sat, 09-24-2005, 01:01 PM
Nah, I think it's ok. I actually thought the funimation translation was OK except for the last DVD, which seems like it was done by a different team.

The manga is really good and widely available. I haven't finished all of it, but yeah it continues the story. I think it's worth picking up if you liked the series.

MrTicTac
Mon, 09-26-2005, 11:08 AM
i thought the subs were decent,, i dont know japanese sooo i dont really know if any typos or somethin so i guess thatd bug others (just go w/o subs? lol if u can understand)

and yea the manga continues after anime series,, series stopped with that kyo incident right? well rest of manga is still not done for translation (11 out i think,, tokyopop is slow ~~)

wat happened to kyo in the end of the series,, leaves off at volume 6 of manga

*note i'm being really generic with wat i say just in case u ahvent finsihed series (i can go more detail if needed)