PDA

View Full Version : Manga??? Should I???

isso
Thu, 09-15-2005, 04:48 PM
just hope that kishimoto knows how much all the naruto fans around the world are beginning to hate naruto (anime) because of all the filler arcs..

its now the 4th month of non stop filler.

GET IT ON.. I loved this series, now im starting to dislike it.. WHAT happened?? plz tell me!!!!

So my questions are

1 - Should I start reading the manga?
2 - Where can I find it in sweden (live in lindome 10 km from gothenburg)?
3 - How much does it cost / is it worth it?
4 - Isn't it corny reading manga??

=) Hope you can help me..

Jaredster
Thu, 09-15-2005, 05:20 PM
1 - if you want
2 - usually there are links to it on the forums
3 - free
4 - meh, about as much as watching anime.

Zhan
Thu, 09-15-2005, 05:24 PM
1 - Yes you should.
2 - Just download it. www.narutofan.com they have all the chapters
3 - Free online and yes its worth it
4 - Not to me.

isso
Thu, 09-15-2005, 05:44 PM
narutofan, im a member but you have to be a premium member (costs money) to download their anime, is it free for those who aren't premium members???

Y
Thu, 09-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Instead of asking that question, why didn't you just go click a manga link and see if it downloaded? It would have taken less time then writing that post did.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Thu, 09-15-2005, 05:54 PM
yes you can dl the manga if you are not a premium member

ChaosK
Thu, 09-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by: isso
narutofan, im a member but you have to be a premium member (costs money) to download their anime, is it free for those who aren't premium members???

just go on dattebayo's tracker, you dont have to go through narutofan.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-15-2005, 07:52 PM
1 - Yes, because Deidara rules
2 - Random shops, but in Sweden we are like a million chapters behind + the translation blows
3 - Just download it
4 - What kind of fucking question is that?

Phoenix20578
Thu, 09-15-2005, 10:13 PM
1 - Should I start reading the manga?
Yes

2 - Where can I find it in sweden (live in lindome 10 km from gothenburg)?
Just Download it from the manga section at narutofan.com

3 - How much does it cost / is it worth it?
it's free.

4 - Isn't it corny reading manga??
Isn't it corny asking stupid questions when you know how 95% of the people will respond?

heero
Fri, 09-16-2005, 01:05 AM

you should read the posts on narutofan lol

Assertn
Fri, 09-16-2005, 02:26 AM
Pretty much everyone in japan reads manga......moreso than anime
there's nothing corny about it

isso
Fri, 09-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Perhaps i should read the manga then..

mage
Fri, 09-16-2005, 05:05 PM
dont read the manga you will become a fat slobbering nerd

Assertn
Fri, 09-16-2005, 05:22 PM
isso, are you implying that manga readers are losers that do the "corny things" that anybody with a life would feel ashamed of doing?
cause......you're wrong buddy

whatever you do, don't let them know that you posted 56 times in an anime forum, or else you'll be stuck living in your mom's basement, dating women through MMOs, and, heaven forbid, reading through a MANGA while stuffing your face with cheetos and mountain dew.

isso
Fri, 09-16-2005, 05:32 PM
I dunno what MMOs are?

No I'm not impying that, I merely said that they are misunderstood by many, like my friends.. Hell I like anime..

I dunno what i think anymore.. I'm like a anime junky now, I'm not even out with my friends this friday night.. Mostly because I was in a fight last weekend and still have a black eye, but still I like this so much that I'm staying at home watching Basilisk..

Don't take it the wrong way, I'm just so new.. and yes i've only posted 56 times, vs your 5950+ it's notting..
It takes some time to get into it..

Assertn
Fri, 09-16-2005, 05:48 PM
MMO = massive multiplayer online RPG, like WOW, EQ, Guild wars, etc...

If you want to be respected, then don't be ashamed of what you do. Most of the coolest people I know are the ones who go out at night, or play sports, or do whatever the hell they want to, and they don't even care if people know they like anime. Act like its no big deal, then people won't make a big deal out of it.

isso
Fri, 09-16-2005, 07:35 PM
yes, it's going to be alright, hell I'll try to make my friends watch some before juding, thats how I found anime, a friend in the army said that it was good, I said, hell no.. then he showed me neon genesis and I was hooked!!!! =)

Perhaps i should download some manga now.. hmm... yes i think so!!!

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-16-2005, 08:02 PM
No I'm not impying that, I merely said that they are misunderstood by many, like my friends.. Hell I like anime..

I dunno what i think anymore.. I'm like a anime junky now, I'm not even out with my friends this friday night.. Mostly because I was in a fight last weekend and still have a black eye, but still I like this so much that I'm staying at home watching Basilisk..

If your friends think less of you because you like manga/anime, then they are fucking idiots and should be shot. You stayed home a friday? What's the big deal? Life is too short to care about what others think all the time. Go out when you want to go out, stay home when you want to stay home. It's your decision, end of story.

isso
Fri, 09-16-2005, 09:13 PM
Of course it's my desicion, thats why I stayed home, and my friends don't know that anime and wouldn't leave me because of that, it's my enemies I'm worried about..

You know, keep your friends close, but keep your enemies even closer.. Thats how it works.. =)

Had a nice night at home, relaxing indeed!!! =)

Basilisk is going down, i almost have al episodes now and i found the series just yesterday, butthere were some good seeders so I'm very satisfyied!!! =)

Jaredster
Sun, 09-18-2005, 06:11 PM
how old are you isso?

heero
Sun, 09-18-2005, 06:40 PM
didnt he say he was 20

Jaredster
Sun, 09-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by: heero
didnt he say he was 20

if he is 20. Then he needs to stop acting like he is in fucking middle school.

OMG WHAT WOULD PEOPLE THINK IF I READ MANGA!!

no one fucking cares.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 09-19-2005, 06:55 AM
Ask yourself this simple question. Do you like the naruto fillers? If not then you have no excuse for not reading the manga. Go ahead do it you know you want to see what the older versions of your favorite naruto characters look like right? Only bad thing is that you'll be stuck in the same postition as the rest of us desperatly waiting for each friday to come so you can get your 19 pages of weekly goodness. I can become very annoying though when it feels like kishimoto is just throwing you bone scraps but at least it will give you faith that naruto is not completly crap. Also about the whole image concious thing if your really that afraid about people passing judgement about you reading the manga simply read it in the privacy of your own room. No one will care about what they don't know. Even if they did know they still probably would'nt care.

Strider
Mon, 09-19-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
Only bad thing is that you'll be stuck in the same postition as the rest of us desperatly waiting for each friday to come so you can get your 19 pages of weekly goodness. I can become very annoying though when it feels like kishimoto is just throwing you bone scraps

Amen.

Still indefinitely worth the download and the torment, though. Obviously so, considering I continue to do so every week.

Fuck people who find anime or manga "corny." Nine times out of ten, they're a closet fan, don't even know what they're disliking, or better yet used to watch dub anime shows, loved them, yet talk trash about it being in Japanese dialogue. Like there is a kid (stateside) that didn't wake up early to watch Ronin Warriors before being forced to go to school. Good times with anime, good times.

Manga's no different. A backwards comic book, but easier to get into due to the ability to simply download it. So, no worrying about allowance, mowing lawns or budgeting your check to fit in the next couple X-Men titles. Download it. Read it. Enjoy it.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sun, 09-25-2005, 08:50 AM
@Jaredster, I wanted to ask him the same the thir time i read one of his post. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif. The manga is better than the anime at the moment, you better read it, the problem is that when u get to read the most recent chapter it will be hell waiting for the next chapter to be out as RAW or Scanlation, i have experience in that area. i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

Edit: @Isso, if u want to read the manga, do the same thing everyone in this forum does, download it. There are plenty of places. I dont think there is a Sweden version of it in the web, but im sure u can read english.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 10-11-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
isso, are you implying that manga readers are losers that do the "corny things" that anybody with a life would feel ashamed of doing?
cause......you're wrong buddy

whatever you do, don't let them know that you posted 56 times in an anime forum, or else you'll be stuck living in your mom's basement, dating women through MMOs, and, heaven forbid, reading through a MANGA while stuffing your face with cheetos and mountain dew.

Yeah what he said!

But on the real, the manga isnt that bad, it does suck having to wait for it every week like the anime though.
And I live in a basement eating cheetos, but I dont have time to date. Just so you know.

i/expressions/devil.gif