PDA

View Full Version : Is the current Nauto filler arc the longest in anmie history?

Foomanchew24
Thu, 09-15-2005, 11:15 AM
Just wondering if any of our expert anime watchers know of any series that has a longer filler arc than the current Naruto filler arc which is 15 eps going on and around 18 (im guessing). Any filler arcs longer than that, or is Naruto officially the hot dog of anime, with it being more filler than actual substance.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-15-2005, 11:21 AM
One Piece has some really long fillers too... and DBZ, that was a lot too (especially if you count all the extra staring and stuff)

Y
Thu, 09-15-2005, 11:25 AM
I think the entire last act of the long Kenshin anime was non-manga material (filler referring to non-manga material like that is a misnomer created by Dragonball fans).

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-15-2005, 11:46 AM
yeah that's right, the roughly 35 last eps of Kenshin were filler

XanBcoo
Thu, 09-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Why did they feel the need to create another season of Kenshin if they were just going to end it the series with filler? You'd have thought they were waiting for the manga to finish, but they never animated it. So much crap...

Also, there was a lot of filler in DBZ, but no long arcs like in Naruto, Kenshin, or One Peice.

Naruto_Fan
Thu, 09-15-2005, 12:59 PM
just hope that kishimoto knows how much all the naruto fans around the world are beginning to hate naruto (anime) because of all the filler arcs..

its now the 4th month of non stop filler.

Assertn
Thu, 09-15-2005, 01:51 PM
its because once they were ready to resume where the manga left off, everyone lost interest in kenshin

isso
Thu, 09-15-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by: Naruto_Fan
just hope that kishimoto knows how much all the naruto fans around the world are beginning to hate naruto (anime) because of all the filler arcs..

I agree. something have to be done...

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
its because once they were ready to resume where the manga left off, everyone lost interest in kenshin

To this day, it is one of the most unfortunate events in anime history. The last arc of Kenshin was the best, and it never got properly animated... : (

isso
Thu, 09-15-2005, 05:42 PM
CAn i get it some where terra???? the last arc???

Y
Thu, 09-15-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by: Naruto_Fan

Like Kishimoto has anything to do with the creative process of the anime.

ChaosK
Thu, 09-15-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

this better not happen to naruto. these fillerse are killing them so much by the time it goes back onto manga material nobody will be watching.

XanBcoo
Thu, 09-15-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by: isso
CAn i get it some where terra???? the last arc???

Luckily, Viz has just released vol. 18 in English. This is the start of the last arc of Kenshin. You can find it at just about any bookstore.

Go buy it. Now!

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 09-15-2005, 07:24 PM
I'm just wondering. To ease the tensions and frustration with the never ending crop of naruto filler can we do the whole unmoderated chaotic wensday once every week? Just as a tool so everyone can get their frustrations and have a little fun as we continue to wait patiently for Kakashi gaiden?

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 09-15-2005, 07:34 PM
No fucking WAY.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-15-2005, 07:49 PM
I like how everyone keeps mentioning Kakashi gaiden, it's like nobody gives a fuck that it's a spoiler anymore.

XanBcoo
Thu, 09-15-2005, 09:04 PM
People stopped caring after the first filler arc methinks.

Everyone knows about it already. Either through talk and rumors, or they got tired of waiting for the filler to finish and read the manga.

Mite Gai
Thu, 09-15-2005, 09:42 PM
If they do Kakashi Gaiden, then this is just going to be worse, that too is filler, just useful filler, I want them to actually get back to the bulk of the series since the manga is way ahead of the anime currently.

mage
Fri, 09-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Kakashi Gaiden is not filler.

masamuneehs
Fri, 09-16-2005, 12:30 PM
I wonder if they went back to finish Kenshin now if there would be a market for it?

I mean, that show was excellent, and has a great reputation and is well known now.

"Abscence makes the heart fonder." right?

Inazuma
Fri, 09-16-2005, 12:33 PM
We all want the Anim to catch up with the manga

Shuurai
Fri, 09-16-2005, 12:36 PM
I've only read up to volume 17 with the kenshin manga i had no idea the anime after this was filler. Im looking forward to 18 now.

masamuneehs
Fri, 09-16-2005, 01:11 PM
I mean though, wouldn't someone in Japan REALIZE that its a cash-cow ready to be milked? (referring to continuing Kenshin from where it left off)

I thought we made them learn the capitalist ways after nuking their sorry asses...

XanBcoo
Fri, 09-16-2005, 01:25 PM
As long as it hasn't been animated yet, there's always the slim chance it will be one day...

at least that's the way I see it. Foolish optimism...

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sun, 09-25-2005, 08:40 AM
The Filler Arc sucks, they better are preparing something good. Thats why i feel naruto so slow, the manga is better at the moment.

mage
Sun, 09-25-2005, 11:37 AM
the manga is always better.

XanBcoo
Sun, 09-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Just an update about Kenshin...I just read volume 18 and it rocks so hard.

miaka
Thu, 10-06-2005, 12:00 AM
man.. yeah.. kenshin last arc rocks.. (enishi? sp) part.. sigh.. but we only get to see it in like summary epi in kenshin second ova.. and ova sucks really bad.. heard the manga artist didn't like it.. and it totally messed up kenshin's character of course..

i do miss kenshin.. shishio part rocked