PDA

View Full Version : Different sub groups.

Foomanchew24
Wed, 09-14-2005, 01:32 PM
There are several subbers going around, and I was wondering if anybody has seen their work and if they are worth downloading. Gerusama is doing (I think) 222 to current. Then there is the horrible hell fansubs, and one other gorup i cant remember what they are called, they are doing 221 down to something or another. Any thoughts or recommendations? Also why don't they all work together and release two eps a week by joining forces with Kaizoku? That would be nice.

Jadugar
Wed, 09-14-2005, 02:02 PM
K-F all the way but Gerusama is good too I might switch to them once we get to that 220 mark.

Deblas
Wed, 09-14-2005, 03:01 PM
Kaizoku-fansubs go with Quality than Quantity and they are clearly the best.

Hell and Xeno go with Quantity than Quality. If your impatient and don't want to wait until Kaizoku-fansubs reach Gerusama's point then go with the HK bootlegs of hell and Xeno fansubs but like you said, they are the crappiest quality there is. It's nothing like the fastsubbers like Naruto's Dattebayo or GSD's Hiro. The video is very blurry and the sub they put in it just plain suck. Xeno fansubs for example called "Upper Yard" "Apayardo" and they change the names of the strawhats drastically(Sanji was changed to Sunkist. WTF!). I would just suggest to read the manga to get your fix and wait till K-F sub those eps.

Gerusama started to give us the latest episodes airing in Japan so the ones who watch the fansubs don't have to wait 2 more years until K-F reaches that point. They started at eps.220 which is the beggining of the latest arc in the manga. Their quality is very good and they are worth the download.

Foomanchew24
Thu, 09-15-2005, 08:29 AM
Also after the skypea arc could someone give a breakdown of what episodes are filler and what are not, thanks.

Munsu
Thu, 09-15-2005, 09:13 AM
Be careful with the episode titles since they might contain spoilers, but here

http://arlongpark.com/?page=epilist

I think some of the G8 is filler, actully it might be most of it (i havent seen the episodes myself)

and the portion called "Filler Arc" should be filler, other than that, everything else seems good...

Deblas
Thu, 09-15-2005, 12:48 PM
I heard the G8 arc was pretty good for a filler.

Jadugar
Fri, 09-16-2005, 12:43 PM
The current skypiea arc is very long. Its almost as long as Arabista arc. So I am expecting good things from Sypiea. After Skypia I am definately switching to Gerusama.

NeoBear
Wed, 10-26-2005, 05:22 AM
Gerusama... um wuts dat ? is that a sub website if so can i get a quick link =D

Jadugar
Wed, 10-26-2005, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by: NeoBear
Gerusama... um wuts dat ? is that a sub website if so can i get a quick link =D

Gerusama (http://www.gerusama.com/index.php)

Phoenix20578
Wed, 10-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Gerusama does amazingly good subs. The quality is great. Their doing a real good job with the current arc.

NeoBear
Thu, 10-27-2005, 03:40 AM
ugh so basicaly i have to keep watching the K-F subs wich i like btw =D till they catch up too the G subs or break down and watch Hell subs witch as i understand it are pretty bad thats cold blooded lol

Coriandria
Sun, 11-27-2005, 11:15 PM
I'm curious in the One Piece community on average how many have only watched what has been released by K-F and how many are with the audience in japan using speed subbers? I like K-F and I'm not a big fan of changing sub groups mid way. But I would like to join conversations about the eps on these forums when I do finally catch up with K-F releases (I'm currently on episode 144) I don't want to wait for K-F but be behind everyone else. Watching anime without someone to talk with about it is not as fun. I hope this question makes sense.

Munsu
Sun, 11-27-2005, 11:31 PM
I would say most people are keeping with K-F...

I myself keep up with K-F and read the manga... So it really helps that K-F is that far behind since most of the things that happened back then I don't remember well, so it's like I'm watching the plot progress for the first time...

So that would be my recommendation if anything...

tensai
Mon, 11-28-2005, 12:01 AM
i also watch only the K-F subs and read the manga

dont really wanna watch the other sub groups considering how many have said that they suck

el_boss
Mon, 11-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by: tensai
i also watch only the K-F subs and read the manga

dont really wanna watch the other sub groups considering how many have said that they suck

If you read the manga you might as well watch the GeruSama subs and watch the KF subs as they come. In my opinion GeruSama is just as good or even better than KF.

Munsu
Mon, 11-28-2005, 11:09 AM
I tried to watch one of GeruSama's subs... I don't know why you guys are praising them so much... they are nothing out of the ordinary... At most they are a decent sub...

el_boss
Mon, 11-28-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
I tried to watch one of GeruSama's subs... I don't know why you guys are praising them so much... they are nothing out of the ordinary... At most they are a decent sub...

I'll admit that their early work is a little rough, but if you'll watch their latest subs you'll see what we mean.

Munsu
Mon, 11-28-2005, 11:43 AM
I think I saw one of their latest, it was an episode in the Davy Fight... I think episode 219

DarthEnderX
Mon, 11-28-2005, 12:27 PM
You know, I love K-F too, I WANT to stay with them all the way. But they are pretty damn slow, and I was okay with that for awhile, yeah, they were way behind but because they use DVD rips I guess. But at least they had an episode a week. I guess what I'm really tired of is the fact that they can't keep their site up for 4 days without a crash anymore. They're the only ones that are like that, and I think all the time they spend fixing the damn webpage slows down their subs. And I'm really at the point where I'm sick and tired of waiting. If the HK subs weren't unwatchable I'd probably already have moved ahead to Geru by now.

I'm just at the end of my rope with K-F is all.

Munsu
Mon, 11-28-2005, 12:31 PM
The person who handles the website probably doesn't have anything to do with their subbing processs... So no, that's not slowing them down...

MrTicTac
Fri, 12-02-2005, 10:58 PM
i'm doomed when KF stop releasing avi files,, my computer isnt fast enough and i really cant afford another one

i've tried using dc++ but most areas require like mass GB available to share so cant get dc++ to work

anyone know where i can get 168+ (or when KF stops avi) episodes BT ?

Carnage
Thu, 12-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by: MrTicTac
i'm doomed when KF stop releasing avi files,, my computer isnt fast enough and i really cant afford another one

i've tried using dc++ but most areas require like mass GB available to share so cant get dc++ to work

anyone know where i can get 168+ (or when KF stops avi) episodes BT ?

Wawit, so did K-F stop releasing their new episodes on Bittorent? Im confused.i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

DarthEnderX
Thu, 12-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Yeah, last K-F episode I have is 165. If there have been releases after that please point to where they are showing up.

Munsu
Thu, 12-08-2005, 06:06 PM
No new episodes have been released, you would have heard it by now if they had...

"News: 166 should be released within the next 24 hours, if nothing goes wrong."