PDA

View Full Version : FF7 Advent Children Discussion *Spoilers*

Phoenix20578
Tue, 09-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Best fight had to be the Cloud/Sephiroth Fight. Just beautiful. That was a great way to end the movie. I have never seen such a beautiful finisher.

BioAlien
Tue, 09-13-2005, 04:14 PM
i think it was the omnislash he use to finish sephiroth

DeluxSkillz
Tue, 09-13-2005, 05:57 PM
no he used a new technique omnislash was different

eat_toast
Tue, 09-13-2005, 06:10 PM
did anyone else think the part where everyone tosses him up into the sky to slice the monster was a little overboard? maybe its just me. otherwise awesome movie.

Phoenix20578
Tue, 09-13-2005, 06:17 PM
It was a little overboard, but funny. He couldve gotten there himself.

Tofu #2
Tue, 09-13-2005, 06:45 PM
3 questions from me.

1. What was that monster Kadaj summoned? I'm guessing it was Bahamut for two reasons, the way he was summoned (in the game he comes out upside-down) and cause Kadaj used that materia to summon him (I think) If it was Bahamut, I'm glad to see I'm right as usual, and gamefaqs + advent children.net is wrong.

2. Who the fuck is "Mother"? They refer to her as Jenova throughout the movie, but then Kadaj calls Aeris Mother as well.

3. Where did Cloud get those swords he threw at Sephiroth? I'm guessing it was from that thing on his waist.

Now then, let's make some comments.

1) I hate how the battles were so fast-paced. Plus the fact that Cloud could "fly"
2) Sephiroth's entrance and exit was retarded. They could of at least killed him.
3) Is it just me or does Loz remind you of the twins from The Matrix Reloaded?
4) Reno is a faggot.
5) I would have liked to see some more action from Barret and co., especially more from Cait Sith. He didn't do ANYTHING.

/rant

I personally think this movie was rushed too much. BTW I voted no.

Mr.X
Tue, 09-13-2005, 06:50 PM
What a disappointment. I was waiting the whole time for someone to cast like Fire 3 or something! Seriously only the bad guys used materia.

Tossing Cloud up in the air reminded me of One Piece, where Zoro and Sanji helped Vivi up the clocktower. Damn One Piece is sweet.

Paulyboy
Tue, 09-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Lol you ungrateful mother*******. Jk I thought the movie was kick-ass, I dont know what you guys are talking about, but no Cloud didnt fly its called defying Gravity, its a movie, what do you expect, but he was floating (kind of), he was just defying it ( Like crouching tiger). Other than that, movie was sweet. I loved the fighting, even though it was fast paced, and he did use some neat swords, but he had alot of them.

And yah I would like to have seen more of the co. but the movie was short though, even though it was like 1:41 mins, it was exactly about 1:20-30 mins. They only showed Aeris in the end. The sephiroth fight was sweet. But wtf, Kadj sticks "Mothers" head into himself and becomes Sephiroth, that was wierd. I would also like to get the ost from the movie, the music was really good, just like all of Squares symphonic music.

I just can't wait to see the anime though, its gonna be good I hope i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=24280

Edit: Its here, and im downloading it i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Phoenix20578
Tue, 09-13-2005, 07:17 PM
They said that Kadji was the larva form of Sephiroph, and would one day become him. And Cloud had 6 swords, fyi.

ChaosK
Tue, 09-13-2005, 08:21 PM
and all 6 of them were kickass, i thought he got those swords from the 1 he was carrying (he put together like 6 blades to make his big ass sword?) on and i thought he used omni-slash at somepoint against sephiroph (not ending the one where he swung his blade and like 7 scortch marks in the ground appeared)

Mr.X
Tue, 09-13-2005, 09:05 PM
barret's voice doesn't seem right.

Phoenix20578
Tue, 09-13-2005, 09:22 PM
The english Barret might be better. Who else wants that sword?

Knives122
Tue, 09-13-2005, 09:33 PM
@Tofu: well you know technically he did die/went away(and you can be sure he isnt coming back), along with the other three. I did think it was sort've cheap how Gun-boy shot Cloud from behind.

Oh and we saw Aeris 3 times, four if you count that music video thing at the end. and I thought the "help cloud get to the top' thing was cool, but seeing how they all could get up there on their own made me ask a question: Why couldnt any of them get to the monster on their own? -_-

ChaosK
Tue, 09-13-2005, 09:57 PM
because, its cool to let cloud take the kill. and also, the fact that each of them could get up to the level they did states that could probably could've jumped from supporter to supporter all the way up, except for the last jump where he flew 100 feet into the air.

kenren
Wed, 09-14-2005, 12:22 AM
i voted yes..

hmm...theres 2 vote for no *shock*

Crows_Kill
Wed, 09-14-2005, 04:21 AM
Kick ass movie. This is the movie square should have released instaed of soirits within, this is what 99% of people think of when you say final fantasy. I liked ff:tsw, but this was way better.

I think this may be the best straight game:movie translatione ver- really. They kept the exact same feel as the game, from the bad humor and npc's to the way over the top combat.

Things I loved:

1. Clouds bike- knocks kanaedas bie right off the best anime bike ever. Must be swiss made.

2. Tifa- Tifa and Tifa. All her signature moves and then some. just wish she kept the white tshirt though

3. Clouds finisher- I came.

4. The music- perfect tunes carried over from the game and tons of little melodies and sounds from teh game. I know what my ringtones going to be for awhile.

Things that didnt work-

1. The story- I didnt really expect much, and I wasnt dissapointed or surprised, but it did keep the same heavyhanded earth loving wanting to slap the main characters over debating the over obvious plot points feel as the game.

2. Not enought Tifa.

3. The children- creepy and useless.

4. Aside from Tifa, Cloud, Aires and Seph, all the characters seemed off- too stiff and just missing something- cant quite put my finger on it, but noticeable.

Well, thats my semi-anual rant/post/novel on a random subject. If you havent seen it, watch it- its worth your time, excpect lots of action and way over the top fun.

Shuurai
Wed, 09-14-2005, 04:51 AM
Has anyone seen the Last Order OAV, If so was it good?

mage
Wed, 09-14-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
no he used a new technique omnislash was different
i believe it was just a different way of animating omnislash since they gave him multiple swords this time instead of just one.

I too wish there were more spell fights. They kept true to the game in most senses, but not with materia. Materia was the main part of winning battles in the game, yet the only person that used any was Kadaj. Seeing spell fights would've been much more entertaining than sword fights over and over IMO.

Overall this movie seemed like it was only made simply to make FF7 fans feel nostalgic and make money. The story was a bit weak, and it seemed like they focused more on "cool" battles with lots of action rather than try to make them interesting. Despite all this, however, I still give the movie a 9/10.

Anyone have any good Marlene hentai?

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-14-2005, 12:31 PM
Now that was one hell of a movie. However, 75% of it was because of this being FF7 related. Sure, the movie would have worked to watch even if it wasn't related to the game but seriously - the story and badguys were so cliche and lifeless that it was occasionally really silly. Linear beyond words, and sometimes I was wondering if they even bothered to write a good script at all. Kadaj was a very sexy guy though, I'd pay much money to look like he does. But he was only used as a pawn of some sort to bring about Sephiroth. Or should I say, he existed as an excuse to give all the fanboys a chance to see Cloud fight Sephiroth again.

BUT WHO CARES?!

Just look at the CG. Just look at the fights. There was a girl with a moogle doll. Loz's phone signal was the Final Fantasy victory theme. There were remixes of Jenova & One Winged Angel playing during the fighting. Vincent is so fucking badass. RUFUS IS ALIVE AND JUST JUMPED OFF HIS WHEELCHAIR AND OWNED KADAJ'S SHIT WITH A SHOTGUN IN MID-AIR!!!! And when the entire cast joined to fuck up the big monster I was close to crying - a feeling that only got better when Cloud met Aeris in the flower field with Aeris' theme playing (to this date one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever). I can live with plot holes and blatant fanservice, honestly, when I see signs saying "Chocobo Farm" in the middle of the most beautiful CG movie ever made, and when I see Cloud fight Sephiroth using an Omnislash-esque move... it's enough to forgive anything. Yes, even annoying kids.

This was a beautiful movie. 5 thumbs up, and it made a grown man cry (and gave said man a reason to re-visit his Tifa "stash").

So who else is replaying the game?

Edit: ALMOST FORGOT TO MENTION! Reno and Rude made the movie. Totally, yo. When they stood and discussed Rude's bomb with the Turks music playing - oh yeaaaaah. The Turks are the true FF gods. Tseng ("Shion") and Elena saved Rufus in a cool way too. Too bad they didn't have any dialogue.

Shuurai
Wed, 09-14-2005, 01:13 PM

I plan to start tommorow i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by: mage

Wait a second, are you serious?

Twomix9900
Wed, 09-14-2005, 01:23 PM
As a standalone movie, this would flop...however, since I LOVE FF7...damn...2 thumbs up...despite some plot holes and whatnot

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-14-2005, 02:16 PM
Rude: Sorry
Reno: Wait, why are we apologizing?

Man, as I said before, they really made the movie. So funny also when Reno got locked out of the door and couldn't get in when Cloud talked to Rufus. Or when Reno accidently hit Rude, or when he crushed his glasses... lol.

In retrospect, I gotta say I really loved that Cloud "made peace" with Aeris/Zack at last.
Also, I just rewatched the Tifa VS Loz fight because it's so damn cool to see Aeris' little "church garden" recreated in CG. *weeps*

GhostKaGe
Wed, 09-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Rude and Reno are the best thing in the film, yo

Reno: Is this thing powerful?
Rude: It's a refinement of Shinra technology.
Reno: So you made it...?
Rude: I don't know about powerful, but it sure is flashy.

oh and Vincent looked cool i think he was a little under used

Overall it was a bit of a let down considering how long ive been waiting to watch it

Xollence
Wed, 09-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Great movie! Loved every minute of it!

ChaosK
Wed, 09-14-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by: The Next Hokage
Rude and Reno are the best thing in the film, yo

Reno: Is this thing powerful?
Rude: It's a refinement of Shinra technology.
Reno: So you made it...?
Rude: I don't know about powerful, but it sure is flashy.

oh and Vincent looked cool i think he was a little under used

Overall it was a bit of a let down considering how long ive been waiting to watch it

haha funniest shit right there.

vincent really should've been around more, he's badass. but he saved cloud's ass which is more than what some of the other character's did.

Tofu #2
Wed, 09-14-2005, 04:40 PM
I plan to start tommorow i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

No materia challenge?

Agh, damn quote button.

Paulyboy
Wed, 09-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

Man, as I said before, they really made the movie. So funny also when Reno got locked out of the door and couldn't get in when Cloud talked to Rufus. Or when Reno accidently hit Rude, or when he crushed his glasses... lol.

In retrospect, I gotta say I really loved that Cloud "made peace" with Aeris/Zack at last.
Also, I just rewatched the Tifa VS Loz fight because it's so damn cool to see Aeris' little "church garden" recreated in CG. *weeps*

Yah lol, Reno made the movie comical, breaked Rude's glasses, and accidentally hit him with his electro pod. Then also reminded Cloud about rebuilding Shinra when he wasn't supposed (what a dumbass). And Jeeze Rufus is alive, and I knew he was alive. Also the moves that I saw that he did in the movie (That I can recall) Blade Slash and Braver. Ahaha what was a little funny was when Cloud and Tifa were talking at night and they were hitting each other. Also when they were climbing that gate and Rude fell.

NEWS::::::: I just found out who Sephiroths real mother is lol (Yah im slow) I was replaying the game like a month ago and found out that Lucrecia (The women Vincent loved) Is Sephiroths real mother, its just that they put Genovas cells in her. Also the father of Sephiroth is nasty ass Hojo lol, the sperm donator, eww. Yah its true my facts aren't messed up.

Edit: Also the rock themes were good, they werent that bad.

complich8
Wed, 09-14-2005, 11:03 PM
I am really glad they brought the Turks into it, they were such great characters in the game. Great comic relief and dependable characters -- at least as far as being everywhere and playing some role or another goes.

I think overall, my favorite single scene in the movie was Tifa's fight sequence. I loved the perceived weight and real feeling of the pews in the church, the smoothness of the action, all of that was just incredibly great. I felt like the cloud-on-a-motorcycle scenes were less great, because of the total destruction of plausibility there. And the other fight seens seemed cut-heavy (like .... it took them 2 minutes to toss you up to catch up to Bahamut ... so how did it take you 3 seconds to get back to your bike after the fact?).

I definitely didn't like the fact that Bahamut got jacked. Nobody jacks Bahamut like that! NOBODY!

Still, my overall reaction is very positive. It was great, despite the nitpicks.

Shuurai
Wed, 09-14-2005, 11:10 PM
It is me or does the man who saved rufus look like Tseng. If i remember correctly he died at the temple of the ancients.

kooshi
Wed, 09-14-2005, 11:51 PM
Yeah, Tseng IS in this movie. I think he talked at the beginning in the mountains at the helicoptor scene, and yes, it was him who helped save Rufus along with Elena.
Me, I thought that he died at the temple also. Still, we never actually see him dying, and I don't think that anybody said that he died (although it has been a long time since I played the game). Somebody could've just easily picked him up when Cloud's group proceeded into the temple.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-15-2005, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by: Paulyboy

NEWS::::::: I just found out who Sephiroths real mother is lol (Yah im slow) I was replaying the game like a month ago and found out that Lucrecia (The women Vincent loved) Is Sephiroths real mother, its just that they put Genovas cells in her. Also the father of Sephiroth is nasty ass Hojo lol, the sperm donator, eww. Yah its true my facts aren't messed up.

Seph should be happy he inherited Lucrecia's looks and not Hojo's i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

kenren
Thu, 09-15-2005, 12:26 AM
heh... yeah!
i love the part where Reno broke Rude's glasses....Rude was like *what the fuck?*
XD

BioAlien
Thu, 09-15-2005, 01:55 AM
ya but after thats rude just took out an other one

Zhan
Thu, 09-15-2005, 05:16 AM
cloud was so boring as a character. he was more interesting in the game i thought because he actually had character. it felt as though square used a depressed cloud as an excuse because they couldn't be bothered giving him much facial expressions or something.

I also believed this movie was way too rushed. And some of the fight scenes were..ugh...I don't know how to explain...

But overall its not that bad.

mage
Thu, 09-15-2005, 07:47 AM

Originally posted by: mage

Wait a second, are you serious?
Dude, just look at her. Look at the way her sweater clings to her flat 7 year old body. Mmm..

BioAlien
Thu, 09-15-2005, 08:20 AM
ya just look at her
http://www.daeya.org/ff7ac/pics/daeya.org_ff7ac_seb1p06.jpg

KitKat
Thu, 09-15-2005, 09:02 AM
So good!!!! I've been waiting so long for this movie, and it did not disappoint me. Sure, there were things about it that make it less than stellar as a stand-alone movie, but I loved it. There were so many warm fuzzy moments where parts of the game are referenced and characters I loved returned. In particular, I thought Vincent had a fabulous entrance.

Kadaj was a very sexy guy though, I'd pay much money to look like he does.
Y'know Terra, as I was watching this movie with a group of my friends, Kairi turned to me and said, "Kadaj looks like Terra." No joke! I guess you're sexier than you think i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-15-2005, 09:13 AM
lol... well, it's unfortunate that I'm not as sexy IRL as on photos i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Xollence
Thu, 09-15-2005, 10:13 AM
Has anyone found the subs for the Last Order?

Knives122
Thu, 09-15-2005, 10:18 AM
well....wth is last order?

Y
Thu, 09-15-2005, 10:43 AM
FFVII: Last Order subbed (http://bt.nanashi-fansubs.com:2710/torrents/8f47f289f837ed81952d062a0e93cca24791fe5e.torrent)

This animated short film was included in the super duper unbelievably expensive FFVII: Advent Children DVD box in Japan. I haven't watched it yet, so no word on the quality. It's the real story of what went on in Nibelheim five years before the start of FFVII.

Xollence
Thu, 09-15-2005, 11:04 AM
Cool thanks Y. I watched the unsubbed version, didn't know what the heck was going on.

Paulyboy
Thu, 09-15-2005, 05:08 PM
Lol, has anyone recognized that the the Main FF7 Characters are wearing a red rope or band tied on their arm, I mean all of them, Yuffie, Cloud, Barrete, Tifa, Red13, Cait Sith, Vincent, and Cid. Lol, is that supposed to represent something, and its not Geostigma, because I thought it was too but it wasnt.

Uberbaka
Thu, 09-15-2005, 08:22 PM
Ribbon...

Zinobi
Thu, 09-15-2005, 09:30 PM
i really enjoyed the movie (at some parts i forgot it was animatedi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif) omnislash to finish Sephiroth sweet goodness. im sad to not see Vincent use his Limit Break thoughi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. i really like the fighting scenes also lots of action. but now i want them to make another
EDIT: the ribbon is for the fight against.........................CANCER

mage
Thu, 09-15-2005, 10:14 PM
perhaps it helps stop the geostigma

Phoenix20578
Thu, 09-15-2005, 10:50 PM
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/4165/vlcsnap16995155pd.png

Its the red ribbon of ultimate power!
Honestly, I don't know

Honoko
Thu, 09-15-2005, 10:59 PM
i just thought it was just a way of saying, "hey look! i'm part of the team that's been through so much shit together!" other than that, it was a pretty good movie. the fights were sick :-P

mage
Thu, 09-15-2005, 11:56 PM
anyone know what the fucking wolf that keeps appearing is supposed to symbolize?

Knives122
Fri, 09-16-2005, 12:11 AM
i think it was suppose to be his "guilt" so to speak, b/c it kept showing up where all the bad things happened(where zack and aeris died) so when he finally forgave himself it went away.

Zhan
Fri, 09-16-2005, 12:20 AM
Why a wolf though...why can't it be a chicken

mage
Fri, 09-16-2005, 12:25 AM
nm, didnt see the LO thread.

KitKat
Fri, 09-16-2005, 08:27 AM
I'm pretty sure the wolf is Zack and the ribbon is worn by all of them in memory of Aeris.

Xollence
Fri, 09-16-2005, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by: KitKat
I'm pretty sure the wolf is Zack and the ribbon is worn by all of them in memory of Aeris.

Yeah I think so too since Aeris had a red ribbon too. http://www.dynes-own-creation.1afm.com/aeris_happy.jpg

kenren
Fri, 09-16-2005, 09:03 AM
oh , no wonder the wolf is sticking to the old sword at the beginning.

Uberbaka
Fri, 09-16-2005, 09:54 AM
Oh christ allmighty, it's RIBBON... Don't you get it?

RIBBON.

R-I-B-B-O-N.

*sigh*

Immune to all everything?

Sleep/frog/mini/confuse etc?

'Cause they're all hardcore battle people and they all have it. That's why they don't just get frogged.

Psyke
Fri, 09-16-2005, 10:15 AM
I've just saw the movie. Sweet graphics but I was a little disappointed at the overall feel. Maybe I expected too much........Loved the way Sephiroth appeared and the first words he said to Cloud.

Knives122
Fri, 09-16-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by: Xollence

Originally posted by: KitKat

Yeah I think so too since Aeris had a red ribbon too. http://www.dynes-own-creation.1afm.com/aeris_happy.jpg

that bow on Aeris' head was pink though, and if the wolf is zack why would he be with aeris in human form at the the end, and they just for no reason say good-bye to cloud again(not just once but twice). that wouldnt make any sense, the wolf is clouds guilt/sin

kooshi
Fri, 09-16-2005, 02:05 PM
I'll have to go with the wolf being Cloud's guilt. To me, it wouldn't make sense if Zack was the wolf since he has nothing to be sorry about.

Mae
Fri, 09-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Finally got the silly thing to work :p Good job on the CG, much better than that other FF CG movie which I shall not mention. The story was good, maybe not great but definately entertaining, even though it did include some the of typical unexplain FF mysticism (No, I have no idea what was up with the wolf either. Was there any kind of wolf in FF7?) Lots of good FF references for fans (the ringtone scene was great, and there was a gunblade, and of course Behemut). The temple setting was well done, but the city seemed a little drab to me, and I don't really know if I like the glowing forest or not.

the VA's were good. Vincent's was badass.

Cloud: "Do you think sin can be forgiven?"
Vincent: "... I've never tried it."

Tifa's battle was cool, and I liked the battle with Behemut. Sephiroth and Cloud's battle was a little choppy, but Seph's exit was sweet. Overall very well done.

Knives122
Fri, 09-16-2005, 08:07 PM
hey I found the song(the one they play at the end with cloud on his bike; Its called "Calling" ) and decided to upload it so if you guys want it its here: the best song ever (http://rapidshare.de/files/4510580/Himuro_Kyousuke_-_CALLING.mp3.html)

Deblas
Fri, 09-16-2005, 11:35 PM
I just watched it and I can't hold in the fact that this movie ROCKED!! I'm still in AWE!!

Sure there wasn't much of a story but THATS NOT THE POINT! To me this movie wasn't about that Geostigma disease. It was Cloud's closure with Aires and Zack. He couldn't forgive himself for what happened to them. And of course the return of our favorite characters (RED XIII!!!) and the kickass fight sequences were just sick!! That last battle between Seph and Cloud really made my day.

Another thing. Red XIII should have had more dialouge dammit!!!

Overall awesome movie. Wish it could have been a little longer though.

Shippou-sama
Sat, 09-17-2005, 03:51 AM
Indeed, I was a huge skeptic, but I decided to give it a chance, and even though it was mostly an excuse to have Cloud and Sephiroth fight again . . . I'm glad they made it. xD

Shuurai
Sat, 09-17-2005, 07:59 AM
I personally think the wolf is Aeris, In the game we were told by Red XIII's Grandfather that everything on the planet is made of spirit energy. When that person or any other lifeform dies
they become one with the lifestream and create something elsewhere like a Wolf, Tree or Human. This is what i think feel free to criticise me.

Psyke
Sat, 09-17-2005, 06:48 PM
Does anyone else have a sudden urge to replay FFVII?

Terracosmo
Sat, 09-17-2005, 06:55 PM
You, me, and probably the 10000 who are leeching the FF7 rom at piratebay right now too i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

ChaosK
Sat, 09-17-2005, 10:32 PM
lol that includes me.

edit: which one are you guys on? the one i'm trying to leech has like no seeder/leecher and it was the highest one.

Tofu #2
Sat, 09-17-2005, 10:39 PM
Now that there's quite a few different subs going around, I need one for my collection. Any recommendations?

Oh and about the ribbon on Cloud and co., there's a tradition/custom sorta thing to wear a ribbon around your arm when somebody passes away..

jing
Sat, 09-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by: Shuurai
I personally think the wolf is Aeris, In the game we were told by Red XIII's Grandfather that everything on the planet is made of spirit energy. When that person or any other lifeform dies
they become one with the lifestream and create something elsewhere like a Wolf, Tree or Human. This is what i think feel free to criticise me.

I thought the wolf was like some sort of Cloud's identity. You know, "lone wolf".

Uberbaka
Sat, 09-17-2005, 10:57 PM
Am I the only one who belives it's the "Accessory" "Ribbon" Which makes you immune to status changes?

Psyke
Sat, 09-17-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by: Uberbaka
Am I the only one who belives it's the "Accessory" "Ribbon" Which makes you immune to status changes?

Nope. I think so too.

Board of Command
Sun, 09-18-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke
Does anyone else have a sudden urge to replay FFVII?
I would if I didn't have to grind to lvl 70 again.

Terracosmo
Sun, 09-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Not really AC related, but I figure some of you might appreciate this (http://www.torrentspy.com/directory.asp?mode=torrentdetails&id=331830).
I know it has given me a lot of joy recently what's with the newly re-awakened FF7 desire.

And yes, it really is ultimate. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

ChaosK
Sun, 09-18-2005, 12:03 PM
uhh what the fuck? terra...*sigh*

Terracosmo
Sun, 09-18-2005, 12:25 PM
You write that you sigh, but we all know that you are downloading it right now.

TruthofMistake
Sun, 09-18-2005, 05:24 PM
was godly, nuff said. well not really but im outa time so thats enough for now

SeifeR
Sun, 09-18-2005, 05:38 PM
this is my new fav movie, it was wicked i started up playing ff7 again too. cloud was badass and his duel-wielding / 6 swords were crazy!

Zhan
Sun, 09-18-2005, 06:55 PM
They should remake the damn game and while they're at it slot in the new limit break that cloud did on seph i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Not really AC related, but I figure some of you might appreciate this (http://www.torrentspy.com/directory.asp?mode=torrentdetails&id=331830).
I know it has given me a lot of joy recently what's with the newly re-awakened FF7 desire.

And yes, it really is ultimate.

hahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa

ChaosK
Sun, 09-18-2005, 09:35 PM
umm, i downloaded FFVII ultimate edition (PC) off piratebay and its not working...

Paulyboy
Sun, 09-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Lol FF7 Hentai, Tifa was hot in the anime though, I mean really hot. I was like NIPPLE SLIP i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. But nice Terra lol.

Zinobi
Sun, 09-18-2005, 10:10 PM
umm Terra why? i mean cmon man u might have some probs no offense some of those are nice but dont tell me u have seen all of them

Uberbaka
Sun, 09-18-2005, 10:40 PM

And yes, it really is ultimate.

Im dissapointed in you Terra.. I've downloaded alot of "ultimate packs" on that topic, and this is by far the worst one... *sigh*

Hey, atleast I'm admitting it.

kooshi
Mon, 09-19-2005, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by: Knives122
hey I found the song(the one they play at the end with cloud on his bike; Its called "Calling" ) and decided to upload it so if you guys want it its here: the best song ever (http://rapidshare.de/files/4510580/Himuro_Kyousuke_-_CALLING.mp3.html)

Thanks a lot i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif That is such an awesome song!

Terracosmo
Mon, 09-19-2005, 09:44 AM
I'll have to agree, upon further investigating the FF7 ultimate pack, I realized that it wasn't ultimate at all.
But hey, I'm satisfied. I finally got ahold of Renn's rarer Tifa pics i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Turkish-S
Mon, 09-19-2005, 03:04 PM
i don't think it was a great movie... why :

i haven't played the game so i didn't knew what it was all about. so the story line was kinda crappy. there was NO character development while that is what i like of japish anime. So for a outsider who hasn't played ff 7......crap.
BUT the animation was awesome sometime's i thought is this really animated??.. and the fight were nice too especially the non cloud fight's. best part of the movie was when the introduced those guy's vs the big monster.

so i give it a 5/10 could be better if i play the game...

Dezalanel
Mon, 09-19-2005, 04:09 PM
Your opinion means nothing since you have not played FF7. Why would you even watch it if you have not played the game? Of course it makes no sense if you have not played the game.

Board of Command
Mon, 09-19-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by: Turkish-S
The movie would not be better if you play the game because it's the same movie. Your enjoyment would increase. You're talking as if the movie would somehow "magically" change if you play the game.

I just downloaded it to see what the hell is the fuss about. Terra.......no comments man

ChaosK
Mon, 09-19-2005, 05:32 PM
terra does your FFVII for PC work?

mage
Mon, 09-19-2005, 06:27 PM
ff7 for pc can be really hard to get working on newer OS's and video cards.

ChaosK
Mon, 09-19-2005, 07:37 PM
oh...damn...fuck...shit...damn...fuck...oh...shit? BAH nobody's helping.

Uberbaka
Mon, 09-19-2005, 08:01 PM
Ironically enough emulating the psx version of FF7 works ALOT better than trying to run the pc conversion.. trust me on this...

I had problems with both sound and videos with the pc version, also the controls and menus are clunky whereas on the psx version you can remap everything and sound/movies work as they should...

ChaosK
Mon, 09-19-2005, 09:00 PM
...thats fucked up.

alex_milliardo_zilch
Mon, 09-19-2005, 10:35 PM
GReat movie!! When that movie is released here, it will be the end of actors and actresses in our country. Give way for 3d animators and CGI people to rise, hehehe ^_^ Cloud, Sephiroth, Kadaj, and Vincent are cool!! Reno is nice too. I'm just a bit disappointed on Sephiroth's screentime, he showed up just when the movie is about to end. All in all I give this movie a 9.5 rate out of 10. Greatest 3d movie created so far!!!

Zinobi
Mon, 09-19-2005, 11:43 PM
wht limits does Tifa use against Loz in their fight in the church?

Terracosmo
Tue, 09-20-2005, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command

I just downloaded it to see what the hell is the fuss about. Terra.......no comments man

Ungrateful swine! All of you!

Turkish-S
Tue, 09-20-2005, 01:43 AM

The movie would not be better if you play the game because it's the same movie. Your enjoyment would increase. You're talking as if the movie would somehow "magically" change if you play the game.

no but if i play the game the movie wil get better becouse i will understand it better...

Uberbaka
Tue, 09-20-2005, 05:23 AM

no but if i play the game the movie wil get better becouse i will understand it better...

He's just nitpicking, he's saying that you have to say "I will enjoy it more" because playing the game won't change the movie.

Although everyone knows what you mean by saying "the movie will be better"

It's just forum stupidity to have to try to argue absolutely everything. Ignore it.

Y
Tue, 09-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Except he's correct. It's a semantic difference, but one that BOC is right about.

NM
Tue, 09-20-2005, 09:30 PM
I finally got to watch this movie and damn, THIS MOVIE WAS FUCKING ORGASMIC!!!!

1. The CG was gorgeous, absolutely stunning.
2. Fight scenes were really badass. Tifa's fight and the Cloud/Sephy fight rocked.
3. Omnislash looked really sexy.
4. So did Tifa. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
5. Motorcycle action was also badass.
6. One Winged Angel
7. The Turks

Best. Movie. Ever. I really can't wait for the dvd to come to America to.

Uberbaka
Tue, 09-20-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by: Y
Except he's correct. It's a semantic difference, but one that BOC is right about.

I have not said that anything else is correct, but I believe that everyone knows what he meant.

Did you not understand? If you did then my point is proven.

If you guys wanna lecture people about linguistic rules and such things then "semantic differences" isn't the most obvious place to start on this forum.. hehe

Knock yourselves out.

Backontopic

Will the english dvd be dubbed btw? I'm just curious about the lipsyncing and such

Shuurai
Wed, 09-21-2005, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by: Zinobi
wht limits does Tifa use against Loz in their fight in the church?

The only obvious one i could see was somersault (Her 1/2 Limit Break). That bit is so cool ^_^

kooshi
Wed, 09-21-2005, 02:17 AM
She also did Beat Rush at the beginning (1/1 limit break) and eventually did Meteor Strike (3/2 limit break). I don't exactly remember what Meteor Strike looks like anymore, but I do remember that she throws the enemy to the air, then throws them back onto the ground with lots of force.

Zinobi
Wed, 09-21-2005, 08:47 PM
ok well was Final Heaven in there just wonderin cuz im not gonna be able to see it on the game (im working with cloud/nanaki/vincent combo)

kooshi
Wed, 09-21-2005, 11:09 PM
Final Heaven is described as "summons a reign of nuclear power from the heavens onto the enemy."

Zinobi
Wed, 09-21-2005, 11:38 PM
uhhh ok well um anyone got animated thing for it? (i cant picture tifa summoning something from the sky for some reason)

Turkish-S
Thu, 09-22-2005, 01:31 AM
@uberbaka: thnx dude.

Zhan
Thu, 09-22-2005, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by: Zinobi
ok well was Final Heaven in there just wonderin cuz im not gonna be able to see it on the game (im working with cloud/nanaki/vincent combo)

No final heaven wasn't in there.

A.y.a.m.e.5.6.8.6.1
Thu, 09-22-2005, 06:45 PM
The movie was awesome!!! of course, but who was that Rufus guy in the wheelchair? I've only played the game a little bit, but mostly watched my bro beat it. I still don't know who Rufus is.

kooshi
Thu, 09-22-2005, 07:00 PM
You gotta play the game to understand it, but pretty much, he became the president of Shinra after his old man died.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-22-2005, 07:13 PM
http://killthemongoose.satamsonic.com/ffviiac/

Interesting link posted by Y in the IRC chat

ChaosK
Thu, 09-22-2005, 07:55 PM
heh

EDIT: This scene is almost the same except Yazoo's hair is a bit more wild in the movie. He should concider a pony tail like his secret crush, Reno. sounds like something terra would say.

kooshi
Thu, 09-22-2005, 08:52 PM
"When Kadaj says "But the planet doesn't like that..." or whatever the hell the little nut case says" --> that was hilarious, kinda reminds you of terra, doesn it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Now when you mention it, it's like it's written by my secret soulmate or something.

aznimperialx
Thu, 09-22-2005, 08:55 PM
the movie didnt really interest me. I thought it could have been better

kenren
Thu, 09-22-2005, 11:54 PM
why do you say so?

this is one of the best movie i watched

Augury
Fri, 09-23-2005, 05:57 AM
I was watching this movie with a friend that hasn't played FF7 and he noted that the director is "obsessed with angles." There aren't many flat shots during fight scenes which made the movie borderline dizzy. On the other hand, I thought the movie was enjoyable for similar reasons to previous posts.. CGI, Tifa's fight, Cloud vs Seph, etc.

GhostKaGe
Fri, 09-23-2005, 06:12 PM
Things this film needed

Cid to use his limit break where he lights the dynamite with his cigarette.
Chocobos.
Countering the summon with another summon rather than that overblown crap they did.
Cloud to die rather than survive
More from Reno and Rude (i think they should make a spin off series of them)

PSJ
Fri, 09-23-2005, 06:42 PM
I like the movie, now i need to play the game.

Uberbaka
Fri, 09-23-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by: GhostKaGe
Things this film needed

Cid to use his limit break where he lights the dynamite with his cigarette.
Chocobos.
Countering the summon with another summon rather than that overblown crap they did.
Cloud to die rather than survive
More from Reno and Rude (i think they should make a spin off series of them)

1) oh noes, they left one one limit break
2) Neh motorcycles are better
3) Well, their materia was stolen by the bad guys, remember?
4) I see no reason for him dying in this storyline.
5) Yeah, that'd be nifty.

ChaosK
Fri, 09-23-2005, 08:57 PM
3) yuffie got it back, she should've thrown them all over the place.

Uberbaka
Sat, 09-24-2005, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
3) yuffie got it back, she should've thrown them all over the place.

She held them -after- defeating bahamut. I have no idea where she got them from, she wanted to use them but tifa said that this was clouds fight.

ryan92084
Sat, 10-01-2005, 09:11 PM
like yuffie would ever return materia she sto..... err aquired

and have i completely forgotten about this denzel kid being in the game or is he new for the movie?

Shuurai
Sat, 10-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Hes new to the movie, Acording to a side story i read somewhere hes an orphan from the sector 7 incident in the game

ChaosK
Sat, 10-01-2005, 09:44 PM
....you know i havent played in such a long time that i dont remember him either, but apparently he has a connection to cloud and tifa.

Shuurai
Sat, 10-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Found a link

Denzel's Story (http://www.adventchildren.net/ff7ac/extra/prologue.php)

kenren
Sat, 10-01-2005, 09:51 PM
rofl...thinking of denzel reminded me of tidus

RedX1z
Sun, 10-02-2005, 12:22 PM
can someone tell me how tseng was in the movie? he clearly got stabbed in the temple of ancients in the game by sephiroth, no?

edit:or maybe i just can't remember clearly since the last time i played was like 5 years ago..

Paulyboy
Sun, 10-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Yah he got stabbed, but you never saw him die, so yah he was still alive.

ryan92084
Sun, 10-02-2005, 02:43 PM
thanks that link was most helpful

NM
Mon, 10-03-2005, 03:54 PM
Nipponsei released the AC OST, if anyones interested. Nipponsei Tracker (http://tracker.minglong.org:8080/index.html?search=Advent+Children)

This OST is really badass. Its Nobuo Uematsu's best. Every song rocks.

masamuneehs
Mon, 10-03-2005, 11:27 PM
I noticed Tseng being in the movie too and I was like WTF mate?!?

That guy got ripped a new one by Sephiroth. And later on Elena really acted like Tseng was dead, not just injured somewhere. Even Aeris is really saddened by seeing the vision of Tseng pwned by Sephiroth and she's supposed to be 'in touch with the Planet' and able to sense when people are alive or dead.... She certainly wasn't acting like he had much hope of living... And then we never see him again... But now he's supposedly alive? BS

mage
Mon, 10-03-2005, 11:57 PM
denzel is not in the game, and that fanfic is very poorly written.

Shuurai
Tue, 10-04-2005, 02:37 AM
Thats not a fanfic that was released with the advent children prologue book which was entitled On the Way to a Smile.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-06-2005, 12:58 AM
Now that was one hell of a movie. However, 75% of it was because of this being FF7 related. Sure, the movie would have worked to watch even if it wasn't related to the game but seriously - the story and badguys were so cliche and lifeless that it was occasionally really silly. Linear beyond words, and sometimes I was wondering if they even bothered to write a good script at all. Kadaj was a very sexy guy though, I'd pay much money to look like he does. But he was only used as a pawn of some sort to bring about Sephiroth. Or should I say, he existed as an excuse to give all the fanboys a chance to see Cloud fight Sephiroth again.

BUT WHO CARES?!

Just look at the CG. Just look at the fights. There was a girl with a moogle doll. Loz's phone signal was the Final Fantasy victory theme. There were remixes of Jenova & One Winged Angel playing during the fighting. Vincent is so fucking badass. RUFUS IS ALIVE AND JUST JUMPED OFF HIS WHEELCHAIR AND OWNED KADAJ'S SHIT WITH A SHOTGUN IN MID-AIR!!!! And when the entire cast joined to fuck up the big monster I was close to crying - a feeling that only got better when Cloud met Aeris in the flower field with Aeris' theme playing (to this date one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever). I can live with plot holes and blatant fanservice, honestly, when I see signs saying "Chocobo Farm" in the middle of the most beautiful CG movie ever made, and when I see Cloud fight Sephiroth using an Omnislash-esque move... it's enough to forgive anything. Yes, even annoying kids.

This was a beautiful movie. 5 thumbs up, and it made a grown man cry (and gave said man a reason to re-visit his Tifa "stash").

Edit: ALMOST FORGOT TO MENTION! Reno and Rude made the movie. Totally, yo. When they stood and discussed Rude's bomb with the Turks music playing - oh yeaaaaah. The Turks are the true FF gods. Tseng ("Shion") and Elena saved Rufus in a cool way too. Too bad they didn't have any dialogue.

Yep, Terra pretty much hit every point I wanted to make. Saves me alot of work I say.

Strike Freedom
Thu, 10-06-2005, 01:12 AM
Tseng appears near the end for a small, and I mean SMALL amount of screen time. Denzel isn't related to the game in any way, he's an aftermath child. And ummm, I don't know about you guys, but since when did Cloud become a guardian for orphans???

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-06-2005, 03:44 AM
What else is he gonna do? Not like there's alot of market for rebel insurgeants anymore.

BioAlien
Thu, 10-06-2005, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by: Shuurai
Found a link

Denzel's Story (http://www.adventchildren.net/ff7ac/extra/prologue.php)

well thats a long story... i will read it when im gonna be bored... ok i'm going to read it

oh and i read thats on they website

AC at the New Cinema festival of Montreal
Just like at the Venice Festival this year, Advent Children will be presented at the festival du Nouveau Cinéma, in Montreal.

Friday octobre 21st, 9:40pm
At the Ex-Centris - Cassavetes room

Saturday octobre 22nd, 1:40pm
At the Ex-Centris - Cassavetes room

The tickets will be at the cost of 10$ each (about 7-8$ american) and will be on sale, at the Ex-Centris theater ( 3536 Boul. Saint-Laurent, montreal ) , on the website and Via admission, on Oct. 8th, from noon till 8pm.

» Nouveau Cinéma website (french)
» Discuss in the Forums...
cool im so going to see thats! too bad its not a dubbed version, but still there is subtitle... (yes i live in montreal, and not so far away from thats place too lol)

Board of Command
Thu, 10-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by: Strike Freedom
And ummm, I don't know about you guys, but since when did Cloud become a guardian for orphans???
Dude, you can't be serious about that question...

masamuneehs
Thu, 10-06-2005, 06:44 PM

Originally posted by: Strike Freedom
And ummm, I don't know about you guys, but since when did Cloud become a guardian for orphans???
Dude, you can't be serious about that question...

Seeing as how he never really had a father and his mother died when he was still relatively young it makes a world of sense. Besides, it's what all good heroes do after they win the fateful battle that saves the world but lots of shit has got fucked up in the fighting. Also, Aerith would have been proud, I can see her goody-two-shoes ass with Lacus Clyne planting flowers and singing with the orphans...

Deblas
Thu, 10-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Good thing we've seen it already. I feel bad for the others who don't know the art of bittorent. It seems that the Movie will be realeased in the U.S in.....JANUARY!!

ryan92084
Fri, 10-07-2005, 04:52 PM
hah and remmeber the times when we all thought we'd get it 1 day earlier then japan

but then again that trailer never existed did it square?

alex_milliardo_zilch
Tue, 10-11-2005, 09:32 PM
I got a copy of FF VII - Last Order, I think it's a short movie meant to be a prequel to FF VII - Advent Children, it's in anime form though. Nice story too. Guys, check it out in IRC. I got it there. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Y
Tue, 10-11-2005, 09:40 PM
There is already an FFVII: Last Order thread, but thanks for that.

Deblas
Tue, 10-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Actually. Last Order is the prequel to the whole Final Fantasy VII game.

Board of Command
Tue, 10-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by: alex_milliardo_zilch
I got a copy of FF VII - Last Order, I think it's a short movie meant to be a prequel to FF VII - Advent Children, it's in anime form though. Nice story too. Guys, check it out in IRC. I got it there.
You obviously never played the game. Last Order is an elaboration of one of the parts of the game...a rather important part. I recommend you play the game. Only then will you fully appreciate Advent Children.

alex_milliardo_zilch
Tue, 10-11-2005, 10:15 PM
yah, i have never played the game.. i'm currently downloading ps rom for pc at home, i think im going to start playing this weekend. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

So Last order is not a prequel to Advent Children alone? cool. Now, i really can't wait to get a hold of the rom to start playing.

Cye
Fri, 10-14-2005, 05:13 PM
My friend and i are having a battle over what that monster Kadaj summoned was, hes saying its Weapon and i say its Bahamut because it was summoned like bahamut and it was summoned using the materia kadaj stole, an dalso the earth summons Weapon not people. i just want to know if im right or not and put it in a way that i can show him and make him feel stupid (if im right) xD thanks.

Terracosmo
Fri, 10-14-2005, 05:51 PM
It's obviously bahamut, mostly because it's a very classic FF monster. They wouldn't pass a chance to include it.

masamuneehs
Fri, 10-14-2005, 06:14 PM
The Weapons are not Summon monsters, they have no known connection with any materia.

Kadaj clearly is using one of Cloud's materias, and since there are 3 different Bahamut summons in FF7, I think it's a damn good chance that it is Bahamut.

Last Order covers a part of the game that is actually not required to view. After all the events at Mideel (I'm not spoiling) on Disc 2 you need to go back to the Basement of the ShinRa Mansion in Nibelheim with Cloud. Once you enter the lab/library part of the basement a flashback will start where we see many parts that are included in Last Order.

The actual Nibelheim incident is covered in multiple parts in FF7, and again, I'm not spoiling it for those who haven't played the game, and Last Order covers both that incident and the events just before the raid on the Sector 1 Reactor and how Cloud reaches Midgar.

NM
Fri, 10-14-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by: Cye
My friend and i are having a battle over what that monster Kadaj summoned was, hes saying its Weapon and i say its Bahamut because it was summoned like bahamut and it was summoned using the materia kadaj stole, an dalso the earth summons Weapon not people.

Your pretty much on the ball. The Planet summoned the 3 Weapons right after the Black Materia was handed over, during the events at the Northern Crater (trying not to spoil here...). The Planet only calls the Weapons when it feels it is in great distress. Therefore, they have no connection to Kadaj's summoning. In short, Kadaj clearly summoned Bahamut and as Terra said, Square Enix wouldn't pass up the chance to include a fan favorite materia/GF/eidolon/aeon, whatever you wanna call it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ChiaCheese
Sat, 10-15-2005, 04:57 AM
i finally saw this movie. after all the wait and hype it was a real disapointment. the movie was just plain awful. as i feared, they focused only on the technical shit and failed in storytelling, good filmaking and solid animation. which is a shame because i love FF7 and the designs for the movie were beautiful.

GhostKaGe
Sat, 10-15-2005, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by: NarutoMaster

Originally posted by: Cye
My friend and i are having a battle over what that monster Kadaj summoned was, hes saying its Weapon and i say its Bahamut because it was summoned like bahamut and it was summoned using the materia kadaj stole, an dalso the earth summons Weapon not people.

Your pretty much on the ball. The Planet summoned the 3 Weapons right after the Black Materia was handed over, during the events at the Northern Crater (trying not to spoil here...). The Planet only calls the Weapons when it feels it is in great distress. Therefore, they have no connection to Kadaj's summoning. In short, Kadaj clearly summoned Bahamut and as Terra said, Square Enix wouldn't pass up the chance to include a fan favorite materia/GF/eidolon/aeon, whatever you wanna call it.

from what ive heard and seen on various sites it a new form of Bahamut

Bahamut SIN
Role in FFVII: This forum of Bahamut not in game
Role in Movie: Summoned by Kadaj

Bahmut is summoned by Kadaj and attacks innocent citizens of the city. In the trailers, it is the old gang from FFVII [Barret, Cid, Yuffie and Red XIII] who are shown attacking this monster.

6Zabuza9
Mon, 10-17-2005, 04:42 AM
i just watched the movie and it was great. but cloud reminded me of kira from gs for some reason. and i noticed no one actually bleeded or get bruises getting punched and cut 500 times except for the part where sephiroth stabbed him and blood on sword but no blood coming out from body lol

masamuneehs
Mon, 10-17-2005, 04:01 PM
Best 5 Things from FFVII Advent Children:

1. The Turks were in it! (thank god for the comic relief)
2. Wicked wicked sick fight scenes (tho unrealistic with the physics of the bikes) The fight in the church was my favorite one.
3. Lovely renditions of classic themes from the game, really excellent pieces.
4. Kadaj's speech to the children at the Forgotten Capital. Man was that a great oration!
5. Guess who's back?

Top 5 things I disliked about FFVII Advent Children:

1. Not enough of the other characters. Glad they gave Vincent some real air time, but way too little of Cid, Red XIII, Barret and the others. I even thought there was too much of the Turks in it (i know, this is like a blasphemy) and sorta wished they'd shown the effects outside of Midgar...

2. Cloud = Kira Yamato? I also noticed some differences in his personality, especially from the way FFVII ended. He seemed way too guiltful and brooding. Thought I was watching Squall from FFVIII instead! No real explanation of how he 'lost that strong feeling' which he'd gained over the course of FFVII and used in the final battle...

3. The way the final fight ended. Dude, how lame was that "I have multiple swords, and you only have one" trick he pulled? No style at all!

4. Not enough utilization of the materia. Looks like they used Bolt a few times, and the Summon, but that was really all I saw...

5. Overall lack of delivery of the story. Felt the unfolding of events and usage of flashbacks were placed/paced horribly. Would have been a subpar movie if not for the well-know characters and the references to a revered classic.

NM
Mon, 10-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
4. Not enough utilization of the materia. Looks like they used Bolt a few times, and the Summon, but that was really all I saw...

You didn't see Quake or Haste? Yazoo used both of these at the Forgotten Capital. Cloud stopped the Quake with one of his Limit Breaks (its the first one of the second level...can't remember the name but I know the second one is Climhazzard, which he used on Bahamut). And when Yazoo started running to charge at him, I'm pretty sure that was the Time materia (specifically Haste magic).

masamuneehs
Mon, 10-17-2005, 11:24 PM
^^^^^ Oh yeh! The Quake I remember now (tho it sorta just looked like he punched into the ground and that sent a shock-wave...) But you're right, that probably was Haste magic there! Was wondering what was going on there!

And the use of Limits in the movie were pretty cool too. Cloud used Blade Beam, Tifa used almost all her abilities, thought Barret charged up a Big Shot for a moment, Red attacked Bahamut with Sled Fang, Cid did the Spear Jump (pretty lame Limit IMO) and I'm almost sure Cloud used other Limits, though I can't really recall them right now...

I wish they had Vincent transform into one of his forms (preferably Chaos) for a Limit.... Would probably have stolen the spotlight from Cloud...

GhostKaGe
Tue, 10-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs

And the use of Limits in the movie were pretty cool too. Cloud used Blade Beam, Tifa used almost all her abilities, thought Barret charged up a Big Shot for a moment, Red attacked Bahamut with Sled Fang, Cid did the Spear Jump (pretty lame Limit IMO) and I'm almost sure Cloud used other Limits, though I can't really recall them right now....

If they had to use one of cids limit breaks they should have used the dynomite one where he lights it on his cig that would have been cool

DarthEnderX
Wed, 11-02-2005, 05:25 AM
3. The way the final fight ended. Dude, how lame was that "I have multiple swords, and you only have one" trick he pulled? No style at all!

Yeah man! Way to dis the most bitchin part of the movie! You sly rebel you.

And on that note, a really bitchin link

The Buster Blade (http://www.safehouseserver.clanservers.com/Coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/Busterblade.jpg)

Deblas
Wed, 11-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
And on that note, a really bitchin link

The Buster Blade (http://www.safehouseserver.clanservers.com/Coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/Busterblade.jpg)

Awesome link. I've been looking for a picture of Cloud's individual blades. Thanks for sharing.

Assertn
Mon, 04-03-2006, 03:03 PM
Resurrecting this topic just to say:

Going to a free screening of the american release tonight at the arclight theatre :)

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-03-2006, 03:05 PM

Going to a free screening of the american release tonight at the arclight theatre :)

You are lucky man.
You get to see the movie in big screen...

What would I pay to do so... but local theathers do not care about movies like this. Not even for one night.

Assertn
Mon, 04-03-2006, 03:09 PM
With the exception of arclight's free screening (for those who don't know, arclight is a historic landmark in hollywood and known as one of the nicest theatres in the movie captial of the world) the movie will only be available on dvd.

Board of Command
Mon, 04-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Which is quite a shame, really, because just thinking about Advent Children on the big screen with theater sound gives me the chills.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 04-03-2006, 04:36 PM

Correction, you just want to show off and make us all envious of you luck

dragonrage
Mon, 04-03-2006, 04:43 PM
i think you are right, phoenix. He wants show off the fact that he is watching it on the big screen and we can't. Depriving us of all the things BOC said about seeing it in the theaters. Thank you assertnfailure...... much appreciated.:rolleyes:

anyways i hope you enjoyed it as much as i did.

edit: grammar

darkshadow
Mon, 04-03-2006, 04:53 PM
after the dvd release, will there be a hd release aswell?, i think the effects of this movie would be really awesome at like 720p

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-03-2006, 05:48 PM
I still hate the fact the DVD won't include the animated OVA:
Thankfully I have it on avi, but I wanted a DVD quality version... bleh.

IF Square ever remakes FFVII for PS3, I hope they include the OVA on a separate disc... kind off how hack includes their ovas on the games... (I can dream you know?)

Board of Command
Mon, 04-03-2006, 05:51 PM
The OVA comes with the "deluxe" (???) DVD set.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 04-03-2006, 06:00 PM

Heh, oh corporate America......how predictable you are... :P

Assertn
Tue, 04-04-2006, 12:03 AM
Well just got back from the only screening of the movie in North America :cool:
It was pretty sweet, they even had the producer, co-producer, character designer, and 3 of the american voice actors there.

Also, everyone who went got a free copy of the original soundtrack and a poster too.

I say it was worth the $0 I paid.

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-04-2006, 12:12 AM
I envy you.

There is no american deluxe version.

It was a japan-only release.

dragonrage
Tue, 04-04-2006, 12:19 AM
man assertnfailure you lucky son of a gun.... glad you enjoyed it.

darkmetal505
Mon, 05-15-2006, 09:44 PM
Sorry to bring this old thread up, I didn't want to start a new one. I decided to watch this FFVII series and I noticed the Aone torrents for Dirge of Cerberus, Last Order, and Advent Children. Which order should I watch them in? Are they all movies or is there a series that they started also. Thanks.

Deblas
Mon, 05-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Sorry to bring this old thread up, I didn't want to start a new one. I decided to watch this FFVII series and I noticed the Aone torrents for Dirge of Cerberus, Last Order, and Advent Children. Which order should I watch them in? Are they all movies or is there a series that they started also. Thanks.

Advent Children is the CGI movie.

Last Order is an OVA. It's an animated prequel of the FF7 game.

Dirge of Cerberus is the new game featuring Vincent Valentine that's coming out for the PS2

Psyke
Mon, 05-15-2006, 10:02 PM
I just bought the DVD a while back, and found that the american voices were quite well done, including Sephiroth. As much as I liked the original Japanese voices, it would seem more appropriate to listen to them speak in English as I played the US version of FFVII.

darkmetal505
Mon, 05-15-2006, 10:07 PM
Advent Children is the CGI movie.

Last Order is an OVA. It's an animated prequel of the FF7 game.

Dirge of Cerberus is the new game featuring Vincent Valentine that's coming out for the PS2

so basically they are not inter-related and I can watch them in any order?

ChaosK
Mon, 05-15-2006, 10:10 PM
I just bought the DVD a while back, and found that the american voices were quite well done, including Sephiroth. As much as I liked the original Japanese voices, it would seem more appropriate to listen to them speak in English as I played the US version of FFVII.

I guess its a good thing Aerith had little or no lines (don't remember.)

Deblas
Mon, 05-15-2006, 10:15 PM

Sure. Though there are spoilers if you haven't played FF7.

Board of Command
Mon, 05-15-2006, 10:56 PM
Doesn't matter what order you watch them in since you probably won't understand any of it anyways. It's imperative that you play the game.

Psyke
Tue, 05-16-2006, 03:45 AM
Yes, you definately need to play the game to understand the entire plot and storyline. And even so, you might miss several key events while playing the game, such as the existance of Zack, which is mentioned only in some parts of the game which are optional. And don't forget about optional main characters Vincent and Yuffie.

Also remember that Advent Children takes place after the events in the game, while Last Order is a prequel.

masamuneehs
Tue, 05-16-2006, 05:26 AM
darkmetal, I can't believe nobody here has properly answered your question yet! While it's possible to mix and match in any order I'd strongly recommend the following:

Playing the FF7 game first is not an option. Like was said, you won't understand jack shit if you never played the game or have a very good idea what went on in it.

1. Obviously play FF7 first! (duh)

2. Watch Last Order. Why? Well it is basically a cool anime version of an optional flashback sequence that describes the events after the Nibelheim Incident but before the start of FF7 the game, featuring Zack and Cloud and how they got to Midgar.

3. Watch Advent Children. Advent Children takes place TWO years after the events of FF7 and while it's not needed to know what happened in Last Order to watch Advent Children it'd be best you know what happened with Zack and Cloud beforehand. If you can't remember who Zack is or the extent of his relationship with Cloud some references in Advent children won't be appreciated.

4. Play Dirge of Cerberus. This is set THREE years after FF7.

The order they were released in isn't a mistake guys, each obviously builds off the other
The game -> Last Order -> Advent Children -> Dirge

RyougaZell
Tue, 05-16-2006, 08:31 AM
I saw that SquareEnix announced FFVII - Before Crisis for this side of the pond. I can't wait to know what cellphone will have this game and... emulate it. I seriously doubt that cellphone will be selled at Mexico "that soon". So... emulation time.

darkmetal: "Before Crisis" takes place before "Crisis Core", the future PSP game, and (both) before "Last Order". But at the present time only Before Crisis is available... if you know japanese that is...

Before Crisis features all The Turks as main characters.
Crisis Core is supposed to feature Zack (and Sephiroth?) as main character(s?).

XanBcoo
Wed, 05-17-2006, 12:59 AM
I agree. I've now watched it in both English and Japanese and I gotta say both have their strong points. Like you mentioned, I liked the American Sephiroth, he's just got attitude and it fits so well. Also, any dub with Crispin Freeman or Steven Blum in it is worth watching.

Also, from someone who's never played the game (But has decent knowledge of it - most of my friends have played it and tried to explain the major details), I really liked Advent Children. Awesome animation and really fun to watch. But of course, This (http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/3950/adventchildren8tz.jpg) couldn't be more true.

bagandscalpel
Wed, 05-17-2006, 01:10 AM
Why, why, XanBcoo? Why must you post hateful images of the beloved Advent Children? Did it not satisfy you? Was Sephiroth not beautiful enough for you? WERE THERE NOT ENOUGH HAWT, SWORD-CROSSING SCENES, ALREADY???

...Well, in a sense, I admit that the movie was definitely lacking in the story and development section, yet, now that I've seen this, I've gradually come to terms with it as being canon to the FFVII legacy.

Deblas
Wed, 05-17-2006, 04:13 PM
The english voices were great. There was a few that I was worried though.

I was worried for Aerith VA since she sucked in KH2 having no emotion whatsoever. But she did quite well here.

Cid was another one I was worried about. He had a really heavy southern accent sounding like 50. But he toned it down in the movie.

Steven Blum was a good Vincent. Though I say he would have been better if he sounded more like Spike than Zabuza.

And the weirdest one was by far Cait Sith. A cartoony voice would have been enough. I don't think the irish accent was needed.

The only thing that I will really complain is that they gave my favorite character just one line in the whole movie! What's up with that!

GhostKaGe
Wed, 05-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Hows Rufus sound in the dubbed version? Rufus is kickass bet they found some way to screw him up and what about Reno and Rude

XanBcoo
Thu, 05-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Hows Rufus sound in the dubbed version? Rufus is kickass bet they found some way to screw him up and what about Reno and Rude
Rufus was pretty forgettable in the dub. Not really a unique voice and he delivered his lines pretty blandly. Reno and Rude, however were great. Voiced by Quinton Flynn (Raiden in MGS2) and Crispin Freeman, respectively. They did an awesome job and worked well off eachother. I think they made the scene with the explosives on the bridge even funnier than in Japanese.

Rude (Baritone voice): "If nothing else, it's...flashy"
Reno: "oooh good~"

Steven Blum was a good Vincent. Though I say he would have been better if he sounded more like Spike than Zabuza.
That's what I originally thought, but when I heard Vincent growling out his lines I got chills. Good chills. I think he made the right decision in which voice to use.
Edit: Youtube comes in handy once again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdRiQKHzFzo