PDA

View Full Version : Phase 47 Discussion

muyg
Sat, 09-10-2005, 07:35 AM
Random Raw (click on blue arrow thing to download torrent)
here (http://bt.popgo.net/down/down.php?hash=306ee8dce5914ade0b025389617948c4f604 a054)

Saiyaman Raw
here (http://bt.saiyaman.info/download.php?id=1185&file=%5BS%5EM%5D+Gundam+SEED+ Destiny+PHASE+47+RAW.avi.torrent)

Xero Sub
here (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BXero%20Sux%5D%20Gundam%20SEED%20Destiny%20Phase %2047.avi.torrent)

Hiro Sub
here (http://bt.nanashi-fansubs.com:2710/torrents/ed2c671ec7ddf01f633f994c4f514e064d6781bb.torrent)

SEED fansub
here (http://seed.eatshoe.com/torrents/[SEED-Fansubs]%20Gundam%20SEED%20Destiny%20-%2047.avi.torrent)

Strike Freedom
Sat, 09-10-2005, 08:46 AM
H-Opera has posted some pics on the episode....and guess what, the whole episode (for about 85% is about our beloved MEER)! FUCKING WORST SHIT FUKUDA COULD HAVE DONE....GUY'S LOOKING FOR A DEATHWISH i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

http://www.h-opera.com/

I'm surprised as pissed as Lacus was, she didn't go SEED again like in 49 of GS

Terracosmo
Sat, 09-10-2005, 09:08 AM
WTF Hilda & the others in ZAFT uniforms?

Niteshade
Sat, 09-10-2005, 09:54 AM
I just watched the 47 RAW and though a lot of the episode was about Meer, it seemed like she explained a lot, from her perspective, on how/why she was used as Lacus. The ending of the episode brought back to a degree, the sense of anticipation/suspense that existed towards the end of the Gundam Seed series. The remaining episodes should be interesting. Can't wait for them.i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

redemption2MKII
Sat, 09-10-2005, 10:57 AM
Saiyaman Raw is out too

http://bt.saiyaman.info/

addict4speed
Sat, 09-10-2005, 11:58 AM
overall, i guess the episode was ok, i wish there're more new footage though. Like damn, 60% of the episode is recap images. Dullinal officially annouces the destiny plan, and catch the whole world off guard. Next episode, minerva's prolly gonna defect, or very close to it. I already know what rey's gonna say: "the chairman's always right. any one who betrays him is an enemy to Zaft." I'm hoping for some kickass action in the next episode. But from the looks of the preview, prolly not.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sat, 09-10-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
WTF Hilda & the others in ZAFT uniforms?

OMG, U are right, they look so funny. lmao. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Gangrel
Sat, 09-10-2005, 12:40 PM
I guess Fukuda is trying to make the anime into some sort of Ecchi instead of a war drama. I don't know how people can still be satisfied to see a recap about a character already dead missing 4 episodes to the end. I want a war not some little character already dead development! (he don't even know when to put a character development)

Chris_Xion
Sat, 09-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Yeah,Neo in Mu's Hawk of Endymion ace uniform

Chris_Xion
Sat, 09-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Man,Hilda's boobs sure rival those of Talia and Murrue

t3hVeG
Sat, 09-10-2005, 01:17 PM
i didn't mind the episode too much, it was a good way to build up for the battles to come in the last episodes. now i just need a sub version to understand everything that's happened i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Strike Freedom
Sat, 09-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Ok, some serious thoughts on this episode. Note that each of the three main characters have lost someone dear to them. Kira lost Fllay, Shinn lost Stella and Athuran lost Meer. Now, given the way that Kira and Shinn snapped during battle because of their respective loved ones deaths, I do expect Athuran to take it up another level in this huge upcoming final battle.

The episode was really a waste due to the fillers, but it actually served a purpose to give the AA and crew some motivation to stop the EVIL EVIL Chairman. Geez, this seems like a typical RPG game. However, it was sad to see the way everyone was touched by Meer (very emotional and empathetic crew on the AA given that Meer was working for the enemy).

Shinn was actually shocked by the chairman's words of his Destiny Plan. I mean, if that does not make you realize you're on the wrong side, then you're just brain washed like those Nazi soldiers in WW II. The reaction of everyone listening to the episode could have been a bit more chaotic (shit, I wouldn't be sitting down quietly if I heard a nut like that tell me about some plan to control me).

Overall, episode was in between! Bottomline: I would have rather watched all the characters trying to learn the Mambo and Salsa

masamuneehs
Sat, 09-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Wow, zero surprises in this episode... I don't quite know what happened yet without the subtitles so I'm just going along with my intuition.

A great deal of recycled clips and shots. I still am not sure why they chose this point in the series to focus on someone like Meer who had sortof been in the background for awhile. It sounds like she spills all the beans on Dullindal's plans...

That shot of Shinn was excellent. He is certainly looking like he'll leave Minerva and ultimatley fight Rey. I wish we had more of their interaction because I feel the final battle between them would be that much better if we coudl see them interacting a bit more outside of just training and strategy-making. I wonder what Talia will do... Dullindal's announcement doesn't seem to be a very good idea. Why would you tell everyone about the Destiny Plan? Why not just do it from the shadowS?

Alu
Sat, 09-10-2005, 08:54 PM
I suspect the Minerva to defect, Ray killing Lunamaria , Shinn killing Ray.

Thus repeating the Rau-Kira Scenario except with Luna serving both as Mu and Fllay. But no, she won't stay dead, she'll be in GS3..

ChaosK
Sat, 09-10-2005, 10:27 PM
if fudaka doesnt shapen up nobody will want a GS3.

Roko
Sat, 09-10-2005, 11:27 PM
47 by Xero Sux (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BXero%20Sux%5D%20Gundam%20SEED%20Destiny%20Phase %2047.avi.torrent)

this was out on point-blank. Dunno if it's a raw or subtitled. Downloading now, will edit later about whether or not it's a raw.

EDIT: alright! It's a sub!! Enjoy

Phoenix20578
Sat, 09-10-2005, 11:41 PM
Roko, you rock. I hope this is the sub group, and not another raw provider.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sat, 09-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Thanks, @Roko. I hope too its subttitled, i want to know how the chairmain explained the Destiny Plan. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Roko
Sun, 09-11-2005, 01:13 AM
for those of you who missed my edit, I'll say it again: The link I provided is by a sub group. Not a raw, so enjoy!

oh, and the translations are actaully quite good, for a speedsub that came out so fast. So it's not too bad.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Sun, 09-11-2005, 01:21 AM
Hiro Fansubs (http://www.hiro-fansubs.com/) is out

Illrenmazou
Sun, 09-11-2005, 01:22 AM
Hiro out:
Hiro GSD 47 (http://bt.nanashi-fansubs.com:2710/torrents/ed2c671ec7ddf01f633f994c4f514e064d6781bb.torrent)
OMG ATRUNOWNSALL GOT FIRST XD

Roko
Sun, 09-11-2005, 01:53 AM
ugh...mostly useless flashbacks...and the part that was important (end), I have no idea what's going on....don't understand what Dullindal's tryin to do...but one thing's for sure: no more flashback eps next week!

fenix000
Sun, 09-11-2005, 06:03 AM
LOL i think it was quite interesting to see meers point of view and how she felt when she was asked to take up the role of lacus! The ammount of exictment in her is funny when she speaks because she cant belief she is pretending to be lacus. It was quit sad episode though for athran and lacus aswell because they really wanted to help her and even if lacus didnt know meer that well , the tear she cried seemed like she lost her sister=(

Anyhow it was interesting to see the chairman snap about his destiny plan and the true source of evil as he was saying , mankind, he was talking rather fast and i couldnt keep up so i had to pause and read and wait for my brain to process the information.

And ohh yess , did anyone seen the angry face on lacus =S scary... ive never seen put such a nasty face since .. well.. never!!!!!

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sun, 09-11-2005, 06:22 AM
Very Good Episode, but i liked only the last few minutes. Im starting to think i should wait till Phase 50 is subbed. Next episodes will be very good ones.

hitokiriender
Sun, 09-11-2005, 07:15 AM
click me (http://69.9.41.42/gsd47.avi) Direct download to episode 47

Psyke
Sun, 09-11-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by: hitokiriender
click me (http://69.9.41.42/gsd47.avi) Direct download to episode 47

Thanks hitokiriender!

isso
Sun, 09-11-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke

Thanks hitokiriender!

The same goes for me!

Terracosmo
Sun, 09-11-2005, 08:39 AM
Well, at least it was better than I thought. Why are the DOM troopers wearing ZAFT uniforms? Was their defection so recent that they haven't bothered to switch? They look pretty cool without their gear on.

You know, all the Meer flashbacks made me think I was watching some rejected reality show, what's with her "blah blah make-up blah blah singing". It was strange, didn't feel like Gundam at all.

Gil is so cool.

LokeXero
Sun, 09-11-2005, 08:45 AM
I just found it funny that the entire time she was singing, there was absolutely no lipsink between the music and what she was singing (Yes i know it was a flashback and didnt need it but the effort wouldve been appreciated)

Terracosmo
Sun, 09-11-2005, 09:34 AM
When Meer & Athrun had that scene in the bedroom, it sorta looked like Athrun was singing the song playing in the background i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

twh
Sun, 09-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Seeing this reminded me of a speech I heard in a movie one time... and it can be used in reference to Gilbert...
*Ahem*

He learned too late that man is a feeling creature, and because of it the greatest in the universe.
He learned too late for himself that men have to find their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves.
When men seek such perfection they find only death, fire, loss, disillusionment and the end of everything that's gone forward.
Men have always sought an end to our misery but it can't be given, it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from Man himself.

You get points if you know the reference. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

FelixZeroAlastor
Sun, 09-11-2005, 11:09 AM
I hope that the last two eps are 1 hour each. Dling ep now.

Edit: That ep didn't suck at all. I accually like it as opposed to some other eps. I really enjoyed it. Meer has jumped in my favorite character rankings. Interesting Destiny plan. They are gonna inject people eh. Looks like a way to turn people into robots. I am pretty sure that the Minerva will defect in the next ep. Also doesn't really look like ep 49 will be about Rey. If it is then he'll have to die in the next ep. I hope that Yzak, Dearka, and Shiho defect too. Oh, and I didn't get a good look but was the Moon being shot with a positron cannon?

rockmanj
Sun, 09-11-2005, 12:16 PM
wow....i can see why meer wanted to be someone else; not only was she weird looking, she was stupid! did u see that letter she wrote? worst.grammar.ever. Also, she's a pretty bad dancer too, but what is fukada thinking? biological communism?? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif they must be doing that new crack out in japan...the type that allows you to function, but write really bad stories that make no sense

Chris_Xion
Sun, 09-11-2005, 12:23 PM
yup.some poor grammar.or lack of it.

Chris_Xion
Sun, 09-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by: FelixZeroAlastor
I hope that the last two eps are 1 hour each. Dling ep now.

Edit: That ep didn't suck at all. I accually like it as opposed to some other eps. I really enjoyed it. Meer has jumped in my favorite character rankings. Interesting Destiny plan. They are gonna inject people eh. Looks like a way to turn people into robots. I am pretty sure that the Minerva will defect in the next ep. Also doesn't really look like ep 49 will be about Rey. If it is then he'll have to die in the next ep. I hope that Yzak, Dearka, and Shiho defect too. Oh, and I didn't get a good look but was the Moon being shot with a positron cannon?

Archzachel got shot by Dullinda's reactivated Requiem.And i think those injections are extraction shots to get people's DNA

isso
Sun, 09-11-2005, 01:02 PM
I hope that I get to see the end of Lacus and Kira..

DAMNIT, why does it always have to be slowmo shoots of lacus falling into kiras warm and gentle arms..
I'm getting tired of it, why don't they have sex and Lacus gets pregnant and kira leaves her for Hilda to live the good life at a hooters bar in Texas?

Tht would be progress!!!
Indeed!

LOL

heero
Sun, 09-11-2005, 01:39 PM
It was boring episode but at least it wasnt all recaps...and I think this episode should of been done before Meer's death....xcept for the destiny plan part

Phoenix20578
Sun, 09-11-2005, 01:41 PM
I didn't think that Gil would have the balls to announce something lke that to the entire world. I just hope this will result in a great last 3 episodes.

yvliew
Sun, 09-11-2005, 02:22 PM
Who is Hilda?????

Phoenix20578
Sun, 09-11-2005, 02:47 PM
I can't believe you just said that.
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9084/untitled2copy9if.jpg

isso
Sun, 09-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Hilda is the most awesome characther in this series thats not affiliated with the main roles.. Hilda is the legendary pirate of the space.. A DOM trooper without equal.. She is, the HILDA!

Hilda + Kira = The ultimate pirate!!!

DeathscytheVII
Sun, 09-11-2005, 07:25 PM
The episode was...alright, but really, was there a point to making 3/4 of it about meer?

It's great to know that Dullindal is taking the opportunity to launch his destiny plan, but the least this episode could have done is explain HOW he is planning on doing it and what he is planning on doing to execute it.

I dunno about this series anymore, is it past saving?. Even if the last three episodes are an absolute fangasm, will it make up for the last few eps that really destroyed whatever pacing there was? Aw well.

Also, what's the other side going to be in the ultimate ending battle? Isn't EA out of commission? Or will they gather up more troops like at the end of the first SEED? Or perhaps a ZAFT civil war? THAT would be interesting.

Btw, its nice to see Hilda in a ZAFT uniform, they have the coolest ones i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. Since they were part of the ZAFT forces clyne faction, and not Orb military, it makes sense.

Phoenix20578
Sun, 09-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by: DeathscytheVII
Also, what's the other side going to be in the ultimate ending battle? Isn't EA out of commission? Or will they gather up more troops like at the end of the first SEED? Or perhaps a ZAFT civil war? THAT would be interesting.

I think it will be stupid people(Gil) vs. people who acually have a thought in their minds and don't want to live meaningless lives.

yvliew
Sun, 09-11-2005, 09:58 PM
Maybe I'm missing or don't remember some episodes. I dun remember it was ever mentioned. Hilda???? When was her name mentioned in which episode and time?

Illrenmazou
Sun, 09-11-2005, 10:11 PM
The names of the 3 DOM pilots were never mentioned, we just made some researches that's why we know

Strike Freedom
Sun, 09-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by: Phoenix20578
I can't believe you just said that.
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9084/untitled2copy9if.jpg

@Yvliew
Hilda is the female captain of the dom troopers. Phoenix had posted it for u earlier i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

heero
Sun, 09-11-2005, 10:55 PM
why are ppl so crazy about characters that dont even matter in the story but hate the main characters so much? I'm sure Fukuda is asking himself this question over and over....

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Sun, 09-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by: heero
why are ppl so crazy about characters that dont even matter in the story but hate the main characters so much? I'm sure Fukuda is asking himself this question over and over....

we don't know how japan citizens feel so we don't know and he probably doesn't give a damn about "foreigners"

isso
Mon, 09-12-2005, 01:20 AM
Even if its just a small part of the whole story that she's involved in, she makes diffrence, and her character is so interessting.. Thats why people think that she great.

The main characters have been involved in this stroy very long, during this time we the audience have made up or mind whatever we like em, or dislike em.

Me for an example, I liked Kira, but this thing with Lacus is way out of proportion.. Theres no end to the sweetness.. It's a impossible relationship.. During seed he was more humane, and didn't act like a false / robot-like person..

This is my opinion, everyone is entitled to one.

Psyke
Mon, 09-12-2005, 02:18 AM
I don't really get why Hilda is as interesting as some of you claim. Heine I can understand and agree, but for Hilda she hasn't really done/said anything really memorable yet.

Roko
Mon, 09-12-2005, 02:29 AM
it's cuz she's a pirate, and she's head of the doms.

isso
Mon, 09-12-2005, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by: Roko

True indeed! The doms kicks ass!!

Gangrel
Mon, 09-12-2005, 03:23 AM
Well, I don't give a damn for these DOM Troopers anymore. They showed up like 2x on show and will prolly show only one more time b4 they die or the show ends. Their role is not relevant at all. Even the drugies on Seed were more relevant...

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Mon, 09-12-2005, 03:54 AM

Dont forget her boobs, man. LOL. No Seriously, she is is cool. Looking forward to "HILDA in Space Battles". The Dom Troopers raped the Zaft forces in earth, i cant wait to see what they do to them in a Zero Gravity environment.

isso
Mon, 09-12-2005, 04:24 AM
Yes space battle with the DOM troopers is something I'm looking forward to!!! =)

Terracosmo
Mon, 09-12-2005, 05:46 AM
The fact that they are so minor and shrouded in mystery can also serve to make them more interesting.

Also, minor characters aren't as often miserable piles of cliches.

john_doe_107
Mon, 09-12-2005, 06:07 AM
funny isn't it.. she's only had about 3 lines max..but everyone is raving about her..
but who am i to judge you..i respect that some people are just into leather clad women, dominatrix, eye-patches and pirates.
yeah..but just because she has an eye-patch doesn't mean she's a pirate..what about that g gundam announcer..don't think he's a pirate.
but what the hell..
guys happen to watch the xerosux fansub? well i know most of you skip the opening i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif for god knows the best >.< the best opening ever i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
but what's up with the picture and the chat log they put in the credits?

Terracosmo
Mon, 09-12-2005, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by: john_doe_107
but who am i to judge you..i respect that some people are just into leather clad women, dominatrix, eye-patches and pirates.

Just like we respect you even though you have a really bad taste in music i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

DDBen
Mon, 09-12-2005, 10:22 AM
The fact that they are so minor and shrouded in mystery can also serve to make them more interesting.

I know this will be a shock to everyone but I completely disagree with you Terra.

The random characters such as Heine and Hilda and other virtual one shots are all as Cliche as they come. They have a single purpose and only represent a random aspect that the director wants to get across in human form. They have no personality they may just as well be a robot who spouts one liners before blowing up. To me unless a character actually developes over time then the character is essentially nothing more then a plot device I don't care about them enough to rave and I don't dislike them enough to bitch.

Nai
Mon, 09-12-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by: DDBen
To me unless a character actually developes over time then the character is essentially nothing more then a plot device I don't care about them enough to rave and I don't dislike them enough to bitch.The problem with GSD is that some main characters ( Kira in particular ) don't develop at all. But instead of just seeing them one or two eps, we have to watch them spout off their trite bullshit constantly.

yvliew
Mon, 09-12-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by: SFreedomZGMFx20a

Dont forget her boobs, man. LOL. No Seriously, she is is cool. Looking forward to "HILDA in Space Battles". The Dom Troopers raped the Zaft forces in earth, i cant wait to see what they do to them in a Zero Gravity environment.

What's this with her boobs??? I don't even see anything about her...

Terracosmo
Mon, 09-12-2005, 01:11 PM

I know this will be a shock to everyone but I completely disagree with you Terra.

The random characters such as Heine and Hilda and other virtual one shots are all as Cliche as they come. They have a single purpose and only represent a random aspect that the director wants to get across in human form. They have no personality they may just as well be a robot who spouts one liners before blowing up. To me unless a character actually developes over time then the character is essentially nothing more then a plot device I don't care about them enough to rave and I don't dislike them enough to bitch.

Plot device does not equal cliche. And just because they don't have much screentime definitely doesn't mean that they don't have a personality. Even if Heine was just plot device, he is more popular than several major characters from other Gundam series. Soooo... well, if you feel like all minor characters are robots than it's your loss (as usual).

masamuneehs
Mon, 09-12-2005, 01:54 PM

Plot device does not equal cliche. And just because they don't have much screentime definitely doesn't mean that they don't have a personality. Even if Heine was just plot device, he is more popular than several major characters from other Gundam series. Soooo... well, if you feel like all minor characters are robots than it's your loss (as usual).

Lol, I just replied to something so similair to this in the DOM Trooper topic...

Long and short of it: Minor characters can be cooler because we HAVE to imagine what is going on with them, their motives, etc until it is presented by the anime (which it often isn't) And they don't appear frequently enough to become predictable, which can also lower their popularity...

While minor characters CAN and DO possess distinct personalities of their own, they are no less safe from falling into the typical anime cliches and stereotypes that plagues the business... Look at many of Bleach's minor characters, tons of walking exaggeratted cliches (but its funny how the cliches are exploited in Bleach, annoying in a "serious" anime like Gundam)

Curium
Mon, 09-12-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by: Chris_Xion
Archzachel got shot by Dullinda's reactivated Requiem.And i think those injections are extraction shots to get people's DNA

Considering Dullindal reactivated and used Requium, what do you think of the posability that he will try to blast Orb as well. Orb is almost easily the second most powerful nation in the world (After PLANT) right now.

Strike Freedom
Mon, 09-12-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by: Curium

Originally posted by: Chris_Xion

Considering Dullindal reactivated and used Requium, what do you think of the posability that he will try to blast Orb as well. Orb is almost easily the second most powerful nation in the world (After PLANT) right now.

The Chairman is not that dumb, if he attacks Orb it will really raise questions. He would be more clever in taking out such an adversary. Then there is the Pi Theory, basically he discovers that Pi is actually a numerical figure that enables the most ultimate weapon to be created--Richard Simmons clones!!!! He secretly sends them to Orb to take over the nation. Those who resist eventually submit to the clones' extensive & extreme workout plan! i/expressions/devil.gif

masamuneehs
Tue, 09-13-2005, 12:37 AM
And think what Dullindal will use as the catalyst and supposed reasoning behind his attacking ORB?

An attack on ZAFT by the ArchAngel.
Cuz you know Kira and Athrun are going out there guns blazing (but not aiming to kill, of course. you know, just cripple their MS in space, hope their life support system isn't effected by my frickin' dead-eye laser beams and Aerodesque DRAGOON detachables, and that you don't just drift off into space forever because your MS is totally crippled. No, we're not like you guys. We don't kill)
And so Dullindal will claim ORB is sending the ArchAngel as their space fleet (which they kind of are. Even though Lacus is calling the shots their supplies and allies in space are ORB military,

and thats enough to claim ORB is attacking ZAFT. Dullindal will also assuredly mention how Lacus appeared beside Cagalli so recently and use this to link them like the Hussein-Quaida connection by the Bush administration

Curium
Tue, 09-13-2005, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
and thats enough to claim ORB is attacking ZAFT. Dullindal will also assuredly mention how Lacus appeared beside Cagalli so recently and use this to link them like the Hussein-Quaida connection by the Bush administration

While the Bush administration looked into a connection, they have never focused on it. Only the shrill left wing liberals keep bothering with that. I'll stop with that for now, if you want to discuss politics we can do it via PM.

DDBen
Tue, 09-13-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by: Nai
The problem with GSD is that some main characters ( Kira in particular ) don't develop at all. But instead of just seeing them one or two eps, we have to watch them spout off their trite bullshit constantly.

Kira's lack of in depth developement is due to the fact he was so well defined in Gundam Seed. Essentialy all of Seed was nothing more then watching Kira develope as a person and pilot. Now during GSD we have Athrun once again trying to figure out who he is frankly in a almost identical manor as he did in Seed. Yet nobody complains that Athrun hasn't developed at all in seed all he's done is spend the series getting to the same point he was at in Seed before he shot his father and tried to self destruct. The only main character that has actually developed all in the series is Shinn and thats souly because he wasn't in Gundam Seed.

Your statement is correct in stating that a plot device isn't always Cliche so they are not equal. However in Gundam Seed Destiny every single plot device has been completely Cliche. Heine was nothing more then a reluctant warrior who left himself in the hands of his goverment. There was nothing inovative about him he was nothing more then a cliche who's purpose was to die to fuel the developement of other characters. The Nichole of GSD if you will as he served the same purpose. All he did was come in spout a bunch of crap to Athrun and then end up dead in some arbitrary way after the mech was damaged.

PSJ
Tue, 09-13-2005, 11:01 AM
This episode was a big pile of shit. Meer isn't interesting enough to have her own episode, fuck that bitch. At least i got to see Reinhardt in a quick glimpse, that man a pure fucking badass. Why the fuck did Lacus start to cry for a person she don't know? I would be pissed if a person thought they could take on my role. This show really has hit rock bottom.

The only thing that maybe can bring it up a bit in my eyes is the deaths of Rey and Shinn, They killed Auel and Djibril. Killing the best characters in GSD cannot be forgiven.

Now DDBen you have been pulling the same excuse for Kira's lack of development all along and once again someone will say it. He could develop alot more from where he was, a character should never stop develop as a personality can never become complete, it evolves constantly from every single experience a person has, this should go for anime characters as well, unfortunaly in the case of GSD development has been thrown out the window in the later half. Kira had none in all of GSD though.

Psyke
Tue, 09-13-2005, 11:40 AM
Although this episode was a little out of point and out of place, I felt that Meer's character was pretty interesting, and I thought Lacus had every reason to feel sad for Meer. She didn't had an identity and when she realised she can do something to help end the war she dedicated her life to it. Eventually her ego devoured her and at least she remembered who she was and wanted the others to acknowledge her for it.

Ok, not quite the episode we'd expect with only 3 more left, but at least things are shaping up.

PSJ
Tue, 09-13-2005, 02:59 PM
Yuo sure view Meer in a positive way. To me she is a person that wanted fame more than life itself, she gave up herself to become famous as someone else. Sure it's sad but she shouldn't have anyone's compassion. To undergo surgery to completly look like someone she adored and then impersonate her in front of the whole world shows how sad a person she was. Sure you might argue and say that she did it because she wanted to help but she gave Lacus her song and a picture, this proves that her number 1 priority was to get famous, helping people came secondary only as an obligation as Lacus.

That is how i believe she is anyway.

masamuneehs
Tue, 09-13-2005, 03:47 PM
I agree with PSJ entirely. While this episode did make me feel a bit of pity for Meer, she really did bring it upon herself.

I was also surprised that she didn't have more thoughts like "What kind of person am I if I can only imitate another?" Dullindal must have been stoking her perfectly...

I also enjoyed watching Lacus cry. She should regret not taking a bigger role in the media after the last war. Her selfish absence (as unselfish as running an orphange is, it's nothing when you've played a role in ending a war and owe it to the people to be a vital part of the postwar maintenance of peace) was something I never understood and I felt her selfrighteous speeches and criticism of others is garbage. If you're not going to do anything to prevent a bad situation, don't bitch when others take their own steps to correct it.

Strike Freedom
Tue, 09-13-2005, 03:54 PM
This episode had more of a deeper meaning in terms of philosophical views. It is one of the read between the lines type of things. It actually served a very good purpose in introducing the Destiny Plan. And no, I won't explain myself, but I do invite u to go to www.seed-forums.com if u want to go into depth with the philosophical views. I am just too lazy to do it right now....so I'll only state this as evidence: Big Floppy Donkey Dick!!! i/expressions/beer.gif

PSJ
Tue, 09-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Don't invite anyone to "seed-forum" those forums are the worst fucking forums ever. The admins and mods are idiots over there and so is everyone that frequents it.

I can imagine a philosophical discussion will only cause the "Gundam Wing brigade" or whatever the call themselves to compare it to Wing and then spout of a load of bullshit like always.

I do agree that the Destiny plan got a nice introduction though, Dullinandal looked more evil now than before to.

Strike Freedom
Tue, 09-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ
Don't invite anyone to "seed-forum" those forums are the worst fucking forums ever. The admins and mods are idiots over there and so is everyone that frequents it.

I can imagine a philosophical discussion will only cause the "Gundam Wing brigade" or whatever the call themselves to compare it to Wing and then spout of a load of bullshit like always.

I do agree that the Destiny plan got a nice introduction though, Dullinandal looked more evil now than before to.

I completely agree with u PSJ, that's y i said it as a sarcastic remark. That is perhaps the most anal forum I've ever seen. And the mods think they're teachers, always scolding other members...it really takes a lot of the fun out when they do that shit. So, for those who failed to see my sarcasm...please not that i am 100% with PSJ on this topic....SEED-FORUMS sucks

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Tue, 09-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by: rockmanj
wow....i can see why meer wanted to be someone else; not only was she weird looking, she was stupid! did u see that letter she wrote? worst.grammar.ever. Also, she's a pretty bad dancer too, but what is fukada thinking? biological communism?? they must be doing that new crack out in japan...the type that allows you to function, but write really bad stories that make no sense

Wouldnt it be "Genetical Comunism"?

Terracosmo
Sun, 11-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Haro Tori 47 (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BHaro%5E2_Tori%5E2%5D_Gundam_SEED_Destiny_-_47_%5B4C5D1F6F%5D.avi.torrent)

Soon the collection will be complete. Wee!

DDBen
Sun, 11-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Haro Tori 47 (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BHaro%5E2_Tori%5E2%5D_Gundam_SEED_Destiny_-_47_%5B4C5D1F6F%5D.avi.torrent)

Soon the collection will be complete. Wee!

I wish they had skipped this episode I had forgotten how terrible it was i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Tue, 12-06-2005, 02:31 AM
since this is the only episode thread left i guess i'll post this here:

HaroTori episode 48 (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BHaro%5E2_Tori%5E2%5D_Gundam_SEED_Destiny_-_48_%5B49F024E2%5D.avi.torrent)
HaroTori episode 49 (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BHaro%5E2_Tori%5E2%5D_Gundam_SEED_Destiny_-_49_%5B4DF0B421%5D.avi.torrent)