PDA

View Full Version : Netstorm

Assertn
Thu, 09-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Man...this game was so awesome.....
It was the first multiplayer game ive ever played online and totally got me into the RTS/clan scene back in my junior high/early highschool years.

It's an RTS where you expand to floating islands to take them over and expand your territory through the use of offensive, defensive, and generator structures, and lots and lots of bridges. The best part is that when you take over an enemy's base, you can capture their priest (basically the main unit everyone has) to sacrifice on your altar, granting you newer technology (btw, by newer technology, i mean technology that carries on to future battles. this is the ONLY rts ive ever played where the level of advancement you make stays with you for all your matches...how cool is that??)

Anyway...THIS would make for a great GW game that i'd participate in if people are interested i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

edit: wups, forgot the link to it
http://www.netstormhq.com/news.php

BioAlien
Thu, 09-08-2005, 06:42 PM
nop... from the screen shot on the website it look very boring.., is this somekind of cheap version of age of empire?

Assertn
Thu, 09-08-2005, 07:50 PM
you fight with structures......you dont use units.....
good job at judging an 8+ year old game by its graphics btw

http://games.activision.com/games/netstorm/

i remember a big game review site (mightve been ign), once rated this game as one of the top 10 underrated pc games.

dark maginn
Thu, 09-08-2005, 08:19 PM
looks boreing btw not judgeing by screen shot lol

Assertn
Thu, 09-08-2005, 09:01 PM
then tell me dark maginn, what ARE you basing your judgement on? the product name?

what a bunch of noobs

Aeon
Thu, 09-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Does it have a good single player mode? If so then I'll give it a try before trying it online.

Roko
Thu, 09-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Was doin the tutorial. Seemed pretty cool, but I can't seem to get pass I think it was Tutorial 3. It's the one where they first introduce sun cannons to the game. The island's too far away so my energy doesn't reach there, and I don't know if you can build generators on your bridges (I couldn't when I tried). Any suggestions?

Assertn
Fri, 09-09-2005, 12:03 AM
you can build generators off bridges, but you can only build a generator far enough away to still be within the radius of another generator (or the temple itself)......its been a while since i last played, but you should be able to click on the temple/generator in a way to reveal the radius it covers.

another good thing to know, is that you can only build bridges off of islands you own or bridges you own. the only islands you own are islands that you either have a temple built on, or an outpost (and only your priest can build both of these)

aeon: single player mode is essentially a series of tutorials. the real game is more of an online-only experience

kenren
Fri, 09-09-2005, 12:32 AM
heh , i guess i'll try it out after 3 weeks...thats the time when i finished my exam i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

KitKat
Fri, 09-09-2005, 08:46 AM
Classic games rock! Back when they didn't have amazing graphics, they actually worked a lot harder to make the rest of the game elements higher quality. I've never played this particular game before, but I'd be up for trying it out and having a game with some gotwooters.

kooshi
Fri, 09-09-2005, 03:36 PM
So far, I've only done a few tutorial "missions", and this game has my interest. Once I start playing online, then I can give my definite answer about this game. For now, this game seems pretty cool i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Assertn
Fri, 09-09-2005, 04:36 PM
good good, just watch out when playing online....last time i tried that was a few years back, and it was overrun by game hacks (all the more reason why i'd prefer to just set up our own group to play with)

kooshi
Fri, 09-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Well, I think I got the hang of the game now. Some of those missions are CRAZY hard, so I hope it's really not like that online, hehe. Get a Gotwoot party going on here!

Assertn
Sat, 09-10-2005, 02:14 AM
the second set of campaign missions.....the priest something-something......
those were made by some random guy, it was never in the original netstorm

personally i think those particular missions are just BS, but they do help you learn a trick or two that lots of people don't really know about.

Shouldnt be too bad online considering all of us who would play have never really played before, and I myself am quite rusty i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif