PDA

View Full Version : Roronoa Zoro

Jadugar
Wed, 09-07-2005, 01:31 PM
Since Ussop and Ronin have their separate threads I thought Zorro deserves one too. After all he is the man who will become the greatest swordsman in the world and his name will reach the heaven.

So lets discuss anything and everything about this great character.

Is Zorro more powerful than Luffy and cooler than Sanji?
When will he be glorified to be the greatest swordsman ever?

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-07-2005, 02:22 PM
"Is Zoro more powerful than Luffy"

- With a sword, I'd say they're even. Without, Luffy is stronger.

"Cooler than Sanji"

- Hell no.

"When will he be the best swordsman"

- When the series ends.

About Zoro in general... at first I just saw him as a generic swordsman, but he's grown on me, and the series does need it's obligatory swordsman who is just overall strong, badass & likes to sleep.

Masamune
Wed, 09-07-2005, 04:42 PM
and without sense of direction

Phoenix20578
Wed, 09-07-2005, 06:43 PM
You don't need a sense of direction when you can kill everything that stands in your way.

kAi
Wed, 09-07-2005, 08:40 PM
What if you're going the wrong way?

He will become the greatest swordsmen, close to the series end.

Deblas
Wed, 09-07-2005, 09:39 PM
I feel like Luffy's the strongest. The battle they had on Whiskey Peak was finished almost as soon as it began so you can't tell who is stronger there. But I always felt that Luffy's the strongest cause well, he always takes on the strongest villains while Zoro gets the second strongest. and lets face it. the main character is always the strongest.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 09-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Thats because Luffy is the Captain and Zoro is the first mate. But Zoro took on Mihawk and survived. Luffy wouldn't last 10 sec. against Mihawk. I really want to see Three Thousand Worlds Again. That was a cool attack.

Tofu #2
Wed, 09-07-2005, 11:58 PM
It's impossible to judge who would win because the cool enemies they face are designed to be whooped in a certain fashion.

(e.g,

Mr.1 was made of steel, no way Luffy could win
Zoro couldn't have won against a certain enemy from the Skypeia arc, and I'll leave it at that.)

Jadugar
Thu, 09-08-2005, 12:37 AM
Zoro and Luffy's personalities are very similar. Zoro can certainly match Luffy's power and determination. He was the first man to join Luffy that says a lot about his position in the crew. He certainly can be called the vice captain.

Talking about Zoro fighting the second class enemies. Mihawk was no way second rate enemy. He is cool character. Is he a villain or not? I dont know. Zorro fighting him will be a great moment. Is Zoro ready for him? What about Mihawk's sword. Does Zorro need more powerful swords than he already has?

vegita625
Thu, 09-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by: Phoenix20578
Thats because Luffy is the Captain and Zoro is the first mate. But Zoro took on Mihawk and survived. Luffy wouldn't last 10 sec. against Mihawk. I really want to see Three Thousand Worlds Again. That was a cool attack.

Sharp things like knives and swords are Luffy's weakpoint, and the greatest swordsman in the world, Mihawk, wouldn't exactly have a problem against Luffy. It's all about weaknesses, I mean if you consider Zoro stronger than Luffy JUST because of this, then what about Luffy vs. Arlong? And just wait a bit, I guarantee other examples of Luffy's strengths and weaknesses and an opponent's strengths and weaknesses playing an important role in fights.

Jadugar
Fri, 09-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Zoro will be fighting Mihawk at some point in the anime and I hope it would be a long one and a good fight. I want to see a real duel and for the first time please let someone die in One Piece. Because neither will be able to live with shame of losing to one another.

I would very much like to see "Three Thousand Worlds" attack again or maybe even cooler move than that.

vegita625
Mon, 09-12-2005, 12:22 AM
I can't wait for the next awesome sword technique Zoro shows off, he seems to come up with new ones every other fight...

Stoopider
Mon, 09-12-2005, 11:20 AM
I don't think Mihawk is an enemy perse. Maybe an obstacle for Luffy to become the pirate king though. As to be the Pirate King you must have none that can challenge you, or your crew that none can challenge. So Zoro would eventually become stronger than the best swordsman ever.

Jadugar
Mon, 09-12-2005, 02:10 PM
I remember Mihawk distroying a huge ship during Don Krieg arc, is he that strong or has he eaten one of the famous devil fruits?

MrTicTac
Mon, 09-12-2005, 10:08 PM
his voice is so badass

love how in that episode he yells like tarzan when swinging through the vine

and anyone else think Nami and Zoro make a better couple than sanji and nami?

theyre always paired up when in battle episodes and argue like husband and wife

Phoenix20578
Mon, 09-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Now that you mention it...

Deblas
Mon, 09-12-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by: MrTicTac
and anyone else think Nami and Zoro make a better couple than sanji and nami?

theyre always paired up when in battle episodes and argue like husband and wife

Uhh ohh...

To tell you the truth I really don't see it. I Never liked ZoroxNami as a couple. Hell. I don't even like SanjixNami but lets not get into One Piece pairings here. Everyone has his/her point of view. Truth is. None is closer than the other. Fans just interpret some actions or "moments" as we call them as a possible love connection between two characters. While you say "argue like husband and wife" others say they "argue like older brother and younger sister" which is what I see in it. I've browsed some OP pairing threads before and it's a neverending argument.

Hehe. You seemed to have limited yourself to ZxN and SxN. I hate to break it to you. But SxN is not your only competition. Looking at Fanfiction, fanlistings, polls, and the DA clubs I found out that LxN is actually more popular than ZxN and it comes extremely close to SxN. They just started multiplying like rabbits!! I believe it was the Arlong arc that did it. I like the pairing. I won't lie.

Assertn
Tue, 09-13-2005, 12:42 PM
UxN all the way

she still owes him something for that shiny rod

Jadugar
Tue, 09-13-2005, 01:05 PM
Ussop and Nami would be an odd couple. Yes Nami owes him something for that "rod".

Munsu
Tue, 09-13-2005, 08:18 PM
I'm a fan of Nico Robin and Zoro...

Mae
Tue, 09-13-2005, 09:17 PM
his voice is so badass

Agreed. His Japanese "gangster" accent is awesome, almost as good as Sanosuke's from Kenshin. My favorite dialect by far, and great for cursing. And Zoro DOES have a lot of drive and ambition, he wants to be the best swordsman in the world. He just doesn't sweat the small stuff (storms at sea, attacks by giant lizards, acts of divine retribution, you know, the small stuff).

Jadugar
Tue, 09-13-2005, 10:46 PM
I think the guy who does Zoro also did the voice of Mugen in Samurai Champloo. If anyone has seen Samurai Champloo then they will agree that Mugen is an extended version of Zoro.

Phoenix20578
Tue, 09-13-2005, 10:49 PM
I see what you mean. And your right. Kazuya Nakai does both of their voices. This guy did a lot of anime VA's.

MrTicTac
Wed, 09-14-2005, 12:15 PM
I havent watched some ep for long time but i do remember zoro and nami always arguing, but in the end they help each other out and look out for one another (and i dont think its like as if they were obligated to save each other, they just do)

heh, that "rod" isnt any good anyways, it gets smaller, and doesnt last long in a fight,,, hehehe

Munsu
Wed, 09-14-2005, 01:13 PM
if the "rod" isn't enough, he can always use his nose

Deblas
Wed, 09-14-2005, 01:14 PM
You mean the Clima Tact!? Hell no. That rod is cool. Nami wouldn't be half the fighter she is now without it.

Jadugar
Wed, 09-14-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
if the "rod" isn't enough, he can always use his nose

If that doesnt help she can always sit on pinocchio's nose and ask him to tell lies.

Deblas
Fri, 09-30-2005, 11:24 AM
I havent watched some ep for long time but i do remember zoro and nami always arguing, but in the end they help each other out and look out for one another (and i dont think its like as if they were obligated to save each other, they just do)

Well I might not agree but If you think they just look good together, hell go find so fanfics and art and thats that.

Jadugar
Fri, 09-30-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas
If you think they just look good together, hell go find so fanfics and art and thats that.

I think they look cute together.

http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/5593/namizoro4el.png

Deblas
Fri, 09-30-2005, 06:56 PM
AWWW. But really Zoro/Nami is based more on hot sex than cuteness.

What does that nose remind you off? Vivi seems to know.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Deblas/capture.jpg