PDA

View Full Version : 08th MS Team Dub

Curium
Mon, 09-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Does anyone know where I can find 08th MS team with English audio? I know Anime-4ever started the dual audio but they have stalled after 6 episodes, and Anime-Dome released the series as dubs, but I can't find them anywhere as it seems they may have shut down. Right now I'm downloading via the file on BoxTorrents, but that is Subbed only and that isn't what I want. Thanks for any help.

PSJ
Tue, 09-06-2005, 04:25 PM
Why would you want the show dubbed?

Curium
Tue, 09-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ

Because Dubs are superior to Subs in every way, with the exception of the job done on One Piece.

I recently rewatched 0079 dubbed (the first time I saw it was subbed) and it was MUCH better.

KapsLocked
Wed, 09-07-2005, 05:40 AM
I'd say it depends on the quality of the dub. For example, Cowboy Bebop is excellent, while Ranma 1/2 is lacking.

PSJ
Wed, 09-07-2005, 07:24 AM
No dubs is always worse than subs.

Jurojin
Wed, 09-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Anime in the original Japanese > Anime dubbed by Americans- it just sounds more fluid and natural. The tone and inflection are where they are supposed to be. Not to say that dubbing isn't quality work (some of the more recent stuff has been doing well in that respect).

Of course, some are just absolutely terrible (David Moo..DIEDIEDIEDIEDIE).

mage
Wed, 09-07-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by: Curium

Because Dubs are superior to Subs in every way, with the exception of the job done on One Piece.

I recently rewatched 0079 dubbed (the first time I saw it was subbed) and it was MUCH better.
Is that a joke?

Astronopolis
Wed, 09-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by: mage

Is that a joke?

i must say that the 0079 dub is pretty fucking good, so good i had no interest in watching the sub.
i shouldnt need to say anything about the cowboy bebop dub, its awesome and pretty much required viewing, (and is currently running on cartoon networks [adult swim] block for those who have not seen and need convincing) besides, who the hell wants to read what people are saying? i only do it because i cant understand japanese enough to watch raws.

oh yeah, forgot to mention the dub for lupin III is fucking great also, and also happens to be the best show on television in the history of television (its also running late nights on adult swim).

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-07-2005, 03:42 PM
I am assuming that Curium is one of those people who just prefers to see shows in his native language.

I have a really hard time to comprehend how other anime fans can possibly say something like dubs being superior "in every way". Which, to me, is extremely hard to understand how someone can think.

Curium
Wed, 09-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
I am assuming that Curium is one of those people who just prefers to see shows in his native language.

I have a really hard time to comprehend how other anime fans can possibly say something like dubs being superior "in every way". Which, to me, is extremely hard to understand how someone can think.

It's just from my personal experiance. Out of EVERY anime I've ever seen both the dub and the sub, I have preferred the dub in every case (with one exception listed earlier this topic).

And Mage, I can guarentee it is NOT a joke. I meant every word.

This discussion is nice and all, but could someone acctually answer the original questions please???

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-07-2005, 04:19 PM
I'd say you're out of luck unless you feel like waiting for the Duals. That, or buying the DVDs I guess.

shiro03
Wed, 09-07-2005, 07:10 PM
dubs always sucks!! anime must always be in japanese to retain its favour! i was quite turn off the other time when i saw seed n naruto in chinese dub!

there is onli 1 type of anime i dun mind wat kind of dubs they put in, which is hentai! hahahahhaha

btw i know 08th ms team do have dvd in duals i suggust u check out your local importers.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Wed, 09-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by: shiro03
there is onli 1 type of anime i dun mind wat kind of dubs they put in, which is hentai! hahahahhaha

haha i hear ya i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Marcis
Thu, 09-08-2005, 01:47 AM
Does anyone know where I can find 08th MS team with English audio? I know Anime-4ever started the dual audio but they have stalled after 6 episodes, and Anime-Dome released the series as dubs, but I can't find them anywhere as it seems they may have shut down. Right now I'm downloading via the file on BoxTorrents, but that is Subbed only and that isn't what I want. Thanks for any help.

Buy DVDs, they are just being re-relased in a box set with for very affordable price - $33.98 for all 5 discs, including Miller's Report movie. Very good deal IMO.
Look here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obi...;s=dvd#product-details (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009E32RA/qid=1126162005/sr=1-9/ref=sr_1_9/104-5873626-1998340?v=glance&s=dvd#product-details)

Curium
Mon, 09-12-2005, 07:39 PM
Since I asked about this, now that I have found it I felt like I should go ahead and post. AniMecha released the DualAudio version. The link below is too the torrent, but you may have to register to get at it. Obviously based on the groups name there are other Mecha shows on there as well.

http://www.animeteam.net/anime...cker/details.php?id=28 (http://www.animeteam.net/anime/tracker/details.php?id=28)