PDA

View Full Version : Best Gundam series?

isso
Sun, 09-04-2005, 12:37 PM
I was just wondering wich sereis is the best?
Have to find some new to watch now that fukuda is destroying the whole seed theme...

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Sun, 09-04-2005, 12:43 PM
you should watch g gundam, it is a very good series and i enjoyed it

NM
Sun, 09-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Gundam 0079 and Gundam: The 08th MS Team are pretty good to.

Phoenix20578
Sun, 09-04-2005, 01:30 PM
My personal opinion, Gundam Wing and After War Gundam X.

drunkenmaster
Sun, 09-04-2005, 02:25 PM
gundam wing imo. worst imo is g gundam(too corny, too cheasy, too dbz like with the weird animation, too... too... just fucked up. more like sum halarious gundam parody. and an "evil" brother? how "original" *rolles eyes*) apprentice overcomes master? even more UNorigianl.

twh
Sun, 09-04-2005, 02:28 PM
The Original movie triology of MS Gundam, 08th MS Team, and Zeta. I've been told by an afficianado that Zeta is as good as Gundam has ever gotten.

twh
Sun, 09-04-2005, 02:29 PM
The Original movie triology of MS Gundam, 08th MS Team, and Zeta. I've been told by an afficianado that Zeta is as good as Gundam has ever gotten.

Phoenix20578
Sun, 09-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Yeah, Zeta is pretty up there. It's rare that any gundam series will ever top the original 0079 GUNDAm and Zeta.

Kirakun
Sun, 09-04-2005, 02:40 PM
Gundam 0080
Gundam 08th MS
Gundam Seed
Gundam Seed Destiny (ending will decide this one)
Zeta Gundam

heero
Sun, 09-04-2005, 03:07 PM
I liked Gundam Wing, Gundam Seed and Destiny

PSJ
Sun, 09-04-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by: drunkenmaster
gundam wing imo. worst imo is g gundam(too corny, too cheasy, too dbz like with the weird animation, too... too... just fucked up. more like sum halarious gundam parody. and an "evil" brother? how "original" *rolles eyes*) apprentice overcomes master? even more UNorigianl.

You officially have the worst opinion ever.

If you even bothered to understand G gundam you would know that it got great character development and great characters. The fault you do is you compare it to the typical Gundam show. As Terra says " G Gundam is only Gundam in name."

Zeta gundam has shown to be a great series, i have watched a little over half.0080 and G gundam is also very good and Gundam X is decent. SEED is a must see if you already haven't. Stay away from Wing though.

drunkenmaster
Sun, 09-04-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ

If you even bothered to understand G gundam you would know that it got great character development and great characters. The fault you do is you compare it to the typical Gundam show. As Terra says " G Gundam is only Gundam in name."

Zeta gundam has shown to be a great series, i have watched a little over half.0080 and G gundam is also very good and Gundam X is decent. SEED is a must see if you already haven't. Stay away from Wing though.

so based on ur interpretation if it only has gundam in name, that means we should not consider it in the best gundam series cuz it only has gundam in its name. which means it is the worst of the gundam series on the sole reason its the least gundam like...

kenren
Mon, 09-05-2005, 02:27 AM
i like GSD i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
my favourite gundam series so far.

rengoku
Mon, 09-05-2005, 02:53 AM
its all opinion i guess but i'll throw in my 2 cents

best(s) - Zeta, F91 (not sure that counts), 8th MS, G Gundam, SEED

why? solid stuff going on =)...and they've all got great plots and charac develop, on exception of SEED probably...i'd probably rank that as the lowest even if i love it..haha

Worst - Wing

its like the friggin power rangers of Gundam...haha

Terracosmo
Mon, 09-05-2005, 03:26 AM

Originally posted by: PSJ

so based on ur interpretation if it only has gundam in name, that means we should not consider it in the best gundam series cuz it only has gundam in its name. which means it is the worst of the gundam series on the sole reason its the least gundam like...

No, what he means is that if you watch it expecting a war drama you'll be disappointed because it is Gundam but not in the typical way. And shut the fuck up about it not being original, it's probably the most original of all the Gundams. While it has a lot of cliches from super robot shows it brings a damn lot of new elements that many Gundam series sorely needs. Which is even more funny because you like Wing, a show which is more predictable and bland than most things I can think of.

Mite Gai
Mon, 09-05-2005, 11:46 AM
Best is 0079. Though that is probably just because its the original and the original is always going to seem the best because all the others are somewhat related to it.

Freki
Mon, 09-05-2005, 01:02 PM
I agree more Gundam shows should be more like G Gundam, I have always felt that what GSD lacked was gundams that looked like sailor moon, a bull, and a zebra. Also the GSD universe has such horrible country names, they need something original like Neo Japan or Neo Germany. Does G Gundam get better later in series? I started watching it back when it was on TV, but the first few episodes were so boring I could only watch for a couple weeks before giving up on it. If it does I guess i should try watching it again.

Anyway, I think the best gundam series is 8th MS Team.

kAi
Mon, 09-05-2005, 01:02 PM
Well, I've only seen Gundam Wing, Gundam Seed, and Gundam Seed Destiny, and so I'll say GS/D, as I'll take it as one story.

PSJ
Mon, 09-05-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by: Freki
I agree more Gundam shows should be more like G Gundam, I have always felt that what GSD lacked was gundams that looked like sailor moon, a bull, and a zebra. Also the GSD universe has such horrible country names, they need something original like Neo Japan or Neo Germany. Does G Gundam get better later in series? I started watching it back when it was on TV, but the first few episodes were so boring I could only watch for a couple weeks before giving up on it. If it does I guess i should try watching it again.

Anyway, I think the best gundam series is 8th MS Team.

You did horrible on trying to be sarcastic. you shouldn't pass judgement on something you haven't watched. G Gundam gets better later and is one of the best shows i have seen.

@ Drunkenmaster: You really need to be drunk to think Wing is better than G. Wing got nothing but 5 flashy gundams, no character development, no plot twists other than "oh my god a new foundation/group/army formed by members from the previous foundation/group/army that ruled and now they took over we have to stop them in the name of pacifism and self destruction." on top of all that it got the worst female cast ever.

Terracosmo
Mon, 09-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Freki, you're an idiot. Stop posting.

Edit: And watch G Gundam.

Freki
Mon, 09-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Ouch, if I say I like G Gundam can I have my posting privledges returned? It isn't even like I said anything that bad, I made fun of some of the gundams and country names in show, and then I said that I was willing to give the show another try if it got better after very beginning. When I stopped watching the show it was still just Domon traveling around looking for his brother, he'd fight someone else in a gundam, and then they would end up becoming friends at end of episode.

Anyway if you wanna complain about other peoples opinions, then lighten up when people complain about yours.

Terracosmo
Tue, 09-06-2005, 01:21 AM
I wouldn't give a shit if you actually WATCHED the show. Saying that you stopped watching after a few episodes not only makes you look like a moron, but is also hugely disrespecting towards the people behind G Gundam (which, again, is a very good show). Then again, if you watched it and hated it, that would actually be an OPINION; and I'd naturally not care about that. What you did now was just judging a show prematurely.

masamuneehs
Tue, 09-06-2005, 03:14 PM
Umm.... well I watched all of G Gundam and while I did not hate it I really didn't think it was very good (then again it was the dub, so...)

I found alot of plot elements and characters to be total cliches (tho some were cleverly used and improved on) and many plot twists were obvious and easy to spot from way far away. I did find some of the battles interesting, but could predict more often then not what the pace/events of the battle would be. I also could hardly care less about the plethora of minor characters that could dominate individual stand-alone episodes. On the other hand I liked how some of these characters would reappear later on and were woven into the story.

So I guess I don't know quite where I stand on G Gundam, but I will say that Terra is always quick to judge and bombast people who don't agree with his Sannin level wisdom. And then there's his habit of using scathing one-line posts to blast members.... but well all I can say is just don't let it get to you. Even though you gave up on the series early on, your first impression is something you are more than allowed to post. I actually felt very much the same about G Gundam for the first dozen episodes or so.

EDIT: I feel like starting with the original Gundam series is a good place. I also enjoyed Wing, but looking back on it now, some six years later is it?, I can see some of its flaws pretty obviously. 8th MS Team kicks ass too, too bad its so short....

FelixZeroAlastor
Tue, 09-06-2005, 03:54 PM
I think that is you want the best gundam experience then go for the original MSG.

drunkenmaster
Tue, 09-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
Umm.... well I watched all of G Gundam and while I did not hate it I really didn't think it was very good (then again it was the dub, so...)

I found alot of plot elements and characters to be total cliches (tho some were cleverly used and improved on) and many plot twists were obvious and easy to spot from way far away. I did find some of the battles interesting, but could predict more often then not what the pace/events of the battle would be. I also could hardly care less about the plethora of minor characters that could dominate individual stand-alone episodes. On the other hand I liked how some of these characters would reappear later on and were woven into the story.

So I guess I don't know quite where I stand on G Gundam, but I will say that Terra is always quick to judge and bombast people who don't agree with his Sannin level wisdom. And then there's his habit of using scathing one-line posts to blast members.... but well all I can say is just don't let it get to you. Even though you gave up on the series early on, your first impression is something you are more than allowed to post. I actually felt very much the same about G Gundam for the first dozen episodes or so.

EDIT: I feel like starting with the original Gundam series is a good place. I also enjoyed Wing, but looking back on it now, some six years later is it?, I can see some of its flaws pretty obviously. 8th MS Team kicks ass too, too bad its so short....

i agree with ur comments on g gundam. terra seriously bombards ppl. lol same type of hot headed personality as yzak i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Freki
Tue, 09-06-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
I wouldn't give a shit if you actually WATCHED the show. Saying that you stopped watching after a few episodes not only makes you look like a moron, but is also hugely disrespecting towards the people behind G Gundam (which, again, is a very good show). Then again, if you watched it and hated it, that would actually be an OPINION; and I'd naturally not care about that. What you did now was just judging a show prematurely.

Haha since you are so big on respecting creaters of shows I expect the same level of anger at every Fuck fukuda, fuck the writing team, lets hire someone to kill fukuda comment on the forum. An OPINION is just a belief about something, I can have one without seeing any of the show, but I only formed one about the stuff I had seen in the show. I think you would be better off saying "that would actually be a LEGITIMATE OPINION;" but whatever. I also do feel like a moron for not finishing a show I wasn't enjoying WATCHING, thanks more making me realize how dumb that was of me. Anyway I am going to give the whole series a WATCH, already started getting it even, and then after that I can post an OPINION for you to not give a shit about.

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-07-2005, 06:29 AM
I naturally don't respect Fukuda, since he's a bloody moron. Your point? At least I've given his work a chance...

Edit: I know it's cool to imitate me and capitalize random words, but please, you need to do it with more style. It just looks silly otherwise.

smurfyy
Thu, 09-08-2005, 01:27 AM
wtf is wit u sannins. dont u hav better things to do than piss on other people's comments? go read a book or sumthing...u insult like shit here like you dont have an outside life or sumthin

bak to topic: Gundam wing or gundam seed..iono..destiny is a notch lower than seed, wing was pretty good. meh, i'll jus stick with Seed then.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-08-2005, 02:37 AM
What's with you students, you spell like you have goats up your asses and are twice as dumb.

Also, mind your own business. And reading sucks. I hate books.

smurfyy
Thu, 09-08-2005, 06:14 PM
that explains alot...*cough*dumbass*cough*

Strike Freedom
Thu, 09-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Ummm, now, now there must be peace. My personal opinion: Seed is the best so far. GSD I will reserve judgment on till the end. Turn A Gundam was alright, but it might be the most boring series of the Gundam stories I've ever seen. So if there is to be a worse Gundam (and the director is awesome so nothing against him) but it would be my worst. For all those Lacus haters, you would really hate Diana in this series...(i like them though)

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-08-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by: smurfyy
that explains alot...*cough*dumbass*cough*

I'm a dumbass for not reading books? i/expressions/rolleye.gif

I think you being a lover of reading proves the opposite, as you are obviously incapable of spelling properly (despite apparently liking books) and also... well, you're an idiot.

I'm going to be the bigger man and go back to the topic now, so why don't you head back to your corner and keep hating me for whatever reason (probably that I hate Kira/Lacus and am a lot sexier than you).

So, best Gundam series in order:

1. Gundam Seed (can't be touched)
2. G Gundam (awesome)
3. Gundam 0079 (lots of memorable moments)

I've seen more, but that's probably my top 3. I never saw all of Z (only like 30 eps, unfortunately) so I can't put it there. But it's promising so far. And yes, I'm more of an AU than an UC guy.

smurfyy
Thu, 09-08-2005, 11:58 PM
LOL sexier than me? ur probably a fatass nerd sittin behind the computer that humps an inflatable yzak everynight before u sleep. oh, and i dont hate you, i just "dislike" assholes that shit on other people's opions. in this case, you

yea...im switchin to Destiny. The art and graphics are better than seed after i jus re dled and rewatched the original.

Freki
Fri, 09-09-2005, 03:32 AM
Well I have watched 1-13 of G Gundam, ill prolly try to get the rest watched over weekend, but nothing so far has been that interesting to me, there is a pretty basic patern to each episode so far and the plot twists aren't like surprising, I am specifically referring to the mystery of who is the newest gundam's, darkness finger one, pilot, which hasn't been revealed yet but it is pretty obvious when they have a character run off, introduce new suit, then have character come back when suit is gone, because this is stuff i didn't see first time around. Just curious when you think the show picks up to being worthy of second spot on your list terra, or do you think it already has by the point I am at?(idk if you gonna take this as disrespecting the creators again, but it isn't supposed to be I am honestly curious about why you like the show)

Anyway as of now my ranking of best gundam shows would be:
1. 8th MS Team(by far the best in my eyes)
2. Gundam SEED

Oh and books suck ass, anything worth reading should just be made into a movie.

PSJ
Fri, 09-09-2005, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by: smurfyy
LOL sexier than me? ur probably a fatass nerd sittin behind the computer that humps an inflatable yzak everynight before u sleep. oh, and i dont hate you, i just "dislike" assholes that shit on other people's opions. in this case, you

yea...im switchin to Destiny. The art and graphics are better than seed after i jus re dled and rewatched the original.

Don't you have anything better to do than try to start a flame war? It's not cool being an E-thug just thought i'd tell you that.

There is more to a show than art and graphics, i guy who read books should know this. Plot advancement and Character development are huge parts in a series.

SEED had a good amount of everything, in Destiny they took away the Plot advancement and Character development and put in more graphics and other bullshit like to many gundams. There is no way in hell that Desinty can compare to SEED now. Destiny was entertaining right up to ep 35 or so then it went downhill, everybody got new gundams for no particular reason and the plot advancement just went out the window.

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-09-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by: Freki
Just curious when you think the show picks up to being worthy of second spot on your list terra, or do you think it already has by the point I am at?(idk if you gonna take this as disrespecting the creators again, but it isn't supposed to be I am honestly curious about why you like the show)

Why would I take that as disrespecting?

Anyway... I suppose the thing I really love about G Gundam is how it feels more focused on the characters rather than mechanics. Of course there are lots of gundams, but most UC series, while good, feel a lot more... you know, "mechanical"? It's hard to explain. G Gundam has memorable characters, good fights, a convincing story and very many touching moments (the last on this list is something I rank very high on my "important things a series should have" list).

And nope, you haven't come to the good stuff yet. While I like G Gundam all the way through, the first half cannot compare to the last. I'm just trying to tell you that you shouldn't judge it by the goofy gundam designs, as most of the people who bash G are people who did just that - bashed the gundam designs and then left the show saying that it sucks (not saying that you are like that). I guess it just pisses me off to see people reject an awesome show for such a reason.

Oh and finally, for smurfyyyyyyyy, if I had an inflatable Yzak I'd definitely hump it, but I unfortunately don't. Also, I'm only an asshole because you're an idiot. Everybody loves Terra! Except the morons. And honestly, I can live without your support.

*Poses, pissing off smurfyyyyyyyyy even more just for the hell of it*

Yukimura
Fri, 09-09-2005, 11:22 AM
@ Freki: When I burned the series I just left out the first 13 eps, they're really not that representative of the majority of the story. Though you do need to know what happened for it to make sense. You'll probobly like it if you go through to the end, so just stick through the less then amazing parts.

SEED My #1 fav
G Gundam Great Show, memorable, not horribly canned but predictible in a sort of fun way
0083 Nice show, go unnessecarily large Mobile Armors with insect names
08th MS Awesome and I really liked it, esp the cool water trick the Indian dude used, a la GI Joe suvival training
Wing Cool back when I first got into Cartoon Network Anime, but now its much less satisfying, too much random crap just pops up

Haven't seen any more yet, but i'm trying to watch 0079, man this is old school

Freki
Sat, 09-10-2005, 03:36 AM
Well since I already asked G Gundam questions here, I guess I'll do it again, and the topic be damned.(Don't wanna go to G Gundam thread cuz I dont feel like reading anything about storyline just to find out about a song I heard in one episode) I just finished 22, and there is this song in episode near the end that plays when everyone is talking about the finals, and I was wondering what that song was called. It sounded like I had heard it somewhere before for some reason, so I guess I am also wondering if it is just a G Gundam song that sounded familiar, or could I have heard it somewhere else?

Oh the series has gotten better since it stopped just being random location + random nobody Gundam in every episode. I really coulda done without seeing episodes for Neo Mexico, Neo Canada, and Neo Turkey.

Terracosmo
Sat, 09-10-2005, 03:37 AM
I agree with that, it does feel like it's a lot of random jumping during the first half of the series.

isso
Sat, 09-10-2005, 05:53 AM
Sometimes you don't spell properly. and that depends on diffrent situations and problems.
I, myself, don't use spelling programs suchs as "word", nor do I care about the spelling, the fact is that I and some I know don't care because on the internet theres no one that should be saying to "you" how to behave yourself..

Why bother spelling, everything is connected to efficenticy.. As fast as possible, with as low efford put into it..

But those who live in the internet and has forgotten that a real life outside the computer world exist, those might be concern about the spelling on the internet..

It's not school now, no essay..

Just be nice to people, don't make the mfeel bad.. WE should al enjoy internet and the psooiblities it brings!

P.s I don't care if my spelling is bad LOL!! =)

PSJ
Sat, 09-10-2005, 08:05 AM
The fact is that a correct as possible post will sound and look less dumb than a rushed post that isn't constructed correctly. This has nothing to do with weather the person has a life outside of the internet or not, for everybody's sake i hope all of you got a life outside the internet.

You won't be taken seriously and you will be looked down on if you don't construct your posts correctly and use proper spelling.

Why did you feel the need to post about spelling anyway?

As for G gundam, the second half of the show more than makes up for the random jumping in the first couple of episodes. There are some plot twists at the end i can assure you that you won't see coming.

rockmanj
Sat, 09-10-2005, 08:19 AM
i also appreciated the character development in G Gundam, but i do have a small quibble with chibodee...i dont kno wif that is how the rest of the world sees americans, but he was so fruity and dumb it almost made me not like the show, but i got used to it eventually. Yea, i'd day Ggundam, then 0079, and then the 49 or so episodes of seed i was able to watch are my favorites

I mean come on?! a skinny white guy with pink hair that's suppsed to be the heavyweight boxing champ??! ehh..its still my favorite gundam show i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

t3hVeG
Sat, 09-10-2005, 09:58 AM
best:
- the Original MSG (eh, watched it when i was younger, absolutely loved it)
- Gundam SEED (its basically MSG but cooler, one of my all time fav anime's)

worst:
- Gundam: Wing (sorry, i just didn't like the show simply due to the horrible characters)
- Mobile Fighter G Gundam (meh, i watched both Sub and Dub versions from beginning to end and i still didn't like it)