PDA

View Full Version : ZGMF-X565 Impulse

Takeda Natsuke
Tue, 08-30-2005, 02:12 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZGMF-X56S_Impulse_Gundam

I was unaware that the Impulse had three more silhouettes. Apparently is can use the parameters of the Gaia, Abyss, and Chaos.

...Now remember, LUNAMARIA HAWKE is piloting the Impulse. Now I love and respect Luna as every other rabid fanboy, but.. iono about this one. Personally she should just stick with Blast Impulse. Even though she has bad aim, as everyone says, I have the feeling her parameters are MUCH better for long range then Short Range tactics for the Sword Silhouette.

What do you guys think? Should they have stayed with only three Silhouettes? Is this a good idea with only a few episodes left? Can Luna PILOT them right???

EDIT: The Abyss Impluse looks UUUUGLY. EWWW MAN!

EDIT #2: Holy crap there's a Destiny Impulse. Now that's SHINN ONLY. There's a Strike Freedom which is obviously better than the original Freedom, so that's gotta be the better for the Destiny. And yes, it's.. pink? purple? iono...

Splash!
Tue, 08-30-2005, 02:21 PM
what???

Chaos, Gaia and Abyss striker packs. What are these for, the astray manga , or are they just MSV

Phoenix20578
Tue, 08-30-2005, 02:27 PM
Yeah, I saw this a while ago. These were different devolpment stages of Impulse. Gaia, Chaos, and Abyss ere going to be silhouettes, but they thought it was better to make them into suits. The same thing ith Destiny. Destiny absorbs too much power to be practical as a silhouette, so they made a brand new suit instead.

Deblas
Tue, 08-30-2005, 02:28 PM
What the? I saw those pictures long ago but I thought they where new versions of the Abyss, Chaos and Gaia that would be shown later in the series. No way I would have thought that was Impulse. Are you sure they're official from the series?

EDIT: saw Phoenix's explanation. Hmm.

PSJ
Tue, 08-30-2005, 02:30 PM
Ooooooooooooooold!

The Destiny Impulse is the only one that hasn't been on the forums before. If you actually read the text you would know that the Destiny pack drained Impulse on power to quickly so they had to make Destiny it's own Gundam with a new energy source. The Destiny pack was probably intended to be an additional pack to Impulse from the start. As for the three others they are just MSV as far as i know.

Takeda Natsuke
Tue, 08-30-2005, 02:33 PM
"After the Impulse is completed, additional Silhouettes are designed. The first of these are the ´ Chaos Silhouette, µ Abyss Silhouette, and ¶ Gaia Silhouette, which are designed for use with their own alternate Leg Flyer units, and duplicate the abilities of the ZGMF-X24S Chaos, ZGMF-X31S Abyss, and ZGMF-X88S Gaia. In addition, the ¸ Destiny Silhouette (which includes extra forearm pieces mounted on the shield hardpoints) serves as a testbed for some of the weapons and systems of the ZGMF-X42S Destiny, including the beam wing propulsion system and beam shields. While the Destiny Silhouette effectively duplicates the functions all three original Silhouettes, its very high power consumption makes it unsuitable for combat use on a battery-powered mobile suit. Chaos Impulse is green and white, Abyss Impulse is solid blue, Gaia Impulse is black and white, and Destiny Impulse is magenta, white, and pink. An additional Silhouette, with the designation of ·, predates the Destiny Silhouette but has not yet been revealed."

I have no idea if this is for MSV or Astray, or even Astray Destiny. But I found it odd that there were three more silhouette packs. if you didn't want to read the top, it seems that the actual three stolen units WERE made prior to the three silhouette packs. As for Destiny, I guess phoenix's explanation makes sense.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't know it was old. I was just reading through that pedia site and saw it. lol gomen ne!

PSJ
Tue, 08-30-2005, 02:42 PM
No worries. They just appeared in a thread soemwhere so you wouldn't be able to search for it anyway.

Curium
Tue, 08-30-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ
No worries. They just appeared in a thread soemwhere so you wouldn't be able to search for it anyway.

I can confirm they are from the Destiny Astray Manga. All of them.
Also here is something else along those lines.
Astray Outframe equipped with Multi-Pack (http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9139/11253932976388mw.jpg)
The Astray Outframe on it's own can equip Striker packs (Aile, Sword, Launcher) though it needs an add on for the shoulder equipment. With the Multi-Pack it can now equip Sillouette packs (Force, Sword, Blast), and Wizard packs (Blaze, Gunner, Slash).

KapsLocked
Tue, 08-30-2005, 09:56 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I...56s-gaia-quadruped.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Zgmf-x56s-gaia-quadruped.jpg)

That does not look right... like..... Gaia is coming out of Impulse's... um...

kenren
Tue, 08-30-2005, 10:02 PM
O_O !!! the destiny impulse looks awesome~~

hah, luna obviously can handle them ^_^V

Sano
Tue, 08-30-2005, 10:19 PM
The additional Impulse Silhouettes actually look better because they look like they're drawn by Hajime Katoki.

aznimperialx
Wed, 08-31-2005, 12:46 AM
but the gaia impluse is so....Wrong

PSJ
Wed, 08-31-2005, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by: Curium

Originally posted by: PSJ

I can confirm they are from the Destiny Astray Manga. All of them.
Also here is something else along those lines.
Astray Outframe equipped with Multi-Pack (http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9139/11253932976388mw.jpg)
The Astray Outframe on it's own can equip Striker packs (Aile, Sword, Launcher) though it needs an add on for the shoulder equipment. With the Multi-Pack it can now equip Sillouette packs (Force, Sword, Blast), and Wizard packs (Blaze, Gunner, Slash).

And why exactly did you qoute my post?

aznroyale
Wed, 08-31-2005, 09:11 AM
old...some of the pic i think arent that good looking

RTX-008L
Wed, 08-31-2005, 04:06 PM
it's just MSV units...nothing to worry...

FelixZeroAlastor
Wed, 08-31-2005, 05:31 PM
Those MSVs suck ass.

aznroyale
Wed, 08-31-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by: FelixZeroAlastor
Those MSVs suck ass.

some look made queer......and doesnt even look right, like they buff them up
and made them look ugly

rengoku
Thu, 09-01-2005, 02:27 AM
ZAFT was probably just test-bedding the technology of reconfiguring packs. That is the basis they picked the Zaku with its wizard packs. They're probably experimenting which are suitable for mass production and compatability stuff. As for the Destiny Impulse, i believe that was the precursor to the actual Destiny, Impluses' Deuterion energy supply probably coudln't handle all the new tech., Heck even the current Destiny Gundam has trouble in terms of endurance it seems. lol major power issues.