PDA

View Full Version : request for a name change

Rek
Sun, 08-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Yeah, when I made this nick last year I was stupid and for some reason thought I had to have 4-16 characters in my nick... so I tacked on konoha for no real reason. Its kinda stupid, and when I'm on the chat it just confuses people.

So I'd rather just have it as rek

Turkish-S
Mon, 08-29-2005, 11:30 AM
i also want to request a new name.( i hope it's okay with konoha rek if i post this in his thread.) i chose turkish-shikamaru because naruto was cool in those days, and now it sounds like i'm a stupid fanboy.

so i want my name to become Turkish-S
plz

2:25
Tue, 08-30-2005, 03:00 AM
Since this topic had started again...is it possible to get my name changed to 2:25?
It's the name that I've gone with for years and I wasn't able to stick a colon in my name when I registered.

I hope there won't be any problems to login in with it.

complich8
Tue, 08-30-2005, 02:09 PM
Sure. Why not. Sounds like good enough reasons to me... "I want to stop sounding like a fanboy" and all that lot.

2:25: let me know if you have trouble.

Tue, 08-30-2005, 02:31 PM
thanks so much complich8 i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
it even looks so much better now.

Turkish-S
Tue, 08-30-2005, 02:53 PM
YES thnx man. i sound less fanboyish now don't i.

Tofu #2
Tue, 08-30-2005, 07:57 PM
Would it be possible to change my name to "Tofu #2"? I too, would like to stop being a fanboy and have a name I'll always remember. If # is not accepted, just Tofu would be fine. (I did a user search to save you 15 seconds and both names are not taken)

complich8
Wed, 08-31-2005, 01:24 PM
ehh, more like about 5 seconds, but I've still gotta check :-p.

Moving away from fanboyisms is a good thing.

Mut
Wed, 08-31-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by: complich8
ehh, more like about 5 seconds, but I've still gotta check :-p.

Moving away from fanboyisms is a good thing.
True. I like to drop my Itachi fanboyism and go back to my nick "Mut". For those who don't know what "Mut@chi" meant, it was to show my undying loyalty and love for Itachi. I still love him, but going by what most people, like 99%, call me suits me better.

GLS
Wed, 08-31-2005, 10:06 PM
I'd like my nick changed too, please. I just want "GLS" now. Everyone else calls me that, and gaaralovessand is too long of a name. It also makes me look like a fanboy i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Rek
Wed, 08-31-2005, 10:40 PM
but you are a fanboy...

not to mention, I like your nick. you can't change it.

Arcn3ss
Wed, 08-31-2005, 10:54 PM
Iam looking to change my name to Arcness

Its time i retired my Haku_san name. heh Thanks ;D

complich8
Wed, 08-31-2005, 11:03 PM
mut: your nick has changed too damned much already. I'm imposing a cooling-off period before you can change it again.

GLS Indeed... Arcness indeed...

I'd like to make a note at this point, though ...

In your attempts to avoid the "fanboy image" -- your avatars and sigs may go further than your nick...

Also, as a courtesy to people, you might want to include a note in your sig, just a one-liner saying "used to be oldnick" for a while. Especially with significant changes.

Mut
Thu, 09-01-2005, 12:13 AM
Keep discriminating!

Tofu #2
Thu, 09-01-2005, 12:39 AM

Also, as a courtesy to people, you might want to include a note in your sig, just a one-liner saying "used to be oldnick" for a while. Especially with significant changes.

Don't worry, they'll remember us by our join date. Thanks BTW.

Rek
Thu, 09-01-2005, 07:15 AM
no we wont. I had already forgotten your name until I looked at your sig.

basey44
Thu, 09-01-2005, 10:44 AM
hahaa tofu = naruto x, i totally didnt pick it tilll i saw the sig too

Koyuki
Thu, 09-01-2005, 02:45 PM
I want to change my nick to Koyuki i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Thanks in advance

ChaosK
Thu, 09-01-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by: Tofu #2

who the hell memorizes join dates?

oh, i'd like to change my name to just Chaos because i'm really no longer a kid (going to college and all that)

Turkish-S
Fri, 09-02-2005, 01:46 AM
there already is a chaos..

complich8
Fri, 09-02-2005, 02:12 AM
and just because you're in college doesn't mean you're not a kid :-p

Rek
Fri, 09-02-2005, 11:18 AM
OK.. this is getting stupid. I'm sorry for even making this thread. first few were ok, but its getting ridiculous now.

ChaosK
Fri, 09-02-2005, 02:49 PM
thats mean, stopping it at me.

complich8
Sat, 09-03-2005, 12:02 AM
get over it. Or better, pick a new nickname that isn't already taken, and come up with a better reason (just to entertain me):-p.

Koyuki
Sat, 09-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by: Uzumaki Naruto # 1
I want to change my nick to Koyuki. Thanks in advance

Hope you saw this, don't like being UN #1. Just chose it because Uzumaki Naruto was taken.

complich8
Sat, 09-03-2005, 09:31 PM
totally missed it.

Koyuki
Sun, 09-04-2005, 08:14 AM
Daijoubu desu yo. Arigato!

Complich8 <3

ChaosK
Sun, 09-04-2005, 09:56 PM
get over it. Or better, pick a new nickname that isn't already taken, and come up with a better reason (just to entertain me):-p.

fine, i want to change my name to Chaos because its more sinister and hopefully it entertains complich8.

kenren
Mon, 09-05-2005, 12:48 AM
i think theres already a user named Chaos.

complich8
Mon, 09-05-2005, 06:17 AM
yup. someone isn't paying attention.

Still acting like a "kiddo" anyway :-p. Even quoted the relevant part of the sentence.

Want some elementary logic lessons? Here's an introduction to the logical AND operation.

An AND operation is a binary operation -- that is, it takes two inputs and gives you a single result. It's one of the fundamental pieces of logic on which both logical thought and computer science are built, and can be modeled with a single transistor. In fact, it's quite difficult to compose meaningful statements without using both the logical operation "and" and the coordinating conjunction "and".

In the case of the logical operation, the only combination of inputs that gives you a "true" output is "true" inputs. In other words, you have to satisfy BOTH conditions in order to get the result.

Here's a truth table, in case that's not immediately obvious. 0 is true, 1 is false.
A B | AND
----------
0 0 | 0
0 1 | 0
1 0 | 0
1 1 | 1

In computer science terms, I could implement this using only simple tests using a nested logic loop, like this:
if (Condition A){
. if (Condition B){
. return true;
. }
}
return false;

In this situation, I posed two conditions: (A) Choose a nickname that isn't already taken. (B) Entertain me.

Now, (B) is highly subjective, because I tend to be pretty easy to entertain. Just say something that's got the slightest bit of humor value, or tell me an interesting story, or something. Hell, just saying "I don't want to be a fanboy anymore" is entertaining to me, I'm easy to please.

However, the killer is that you still haven't even bothered to address condition A. Regardless of how I feel about the satisfaction of condition B, condition A is a false input. Thus I can't give you a "true" response, regardless of condition B. Condition B becomes a moot point, regardless of its satisfaction, because condition A dominates the equation. And until you choose a nickname that isn't already taken, I honestly couldn't oblige the request, even if my condition B were already satisfied. I don't even test for it, because that piece of code never runs. A is false, so the mere test for B is overridden, and rendered useless.

Koyuki
Mon, 09-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Lol complich, just did that shit in our shcool today. Only in another relation. Chaoskiddo you could maybe ask Chaos nicely if you can get his nick or just make a new one i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I wanted this cause it reflects the things matters in my life.

Wed, 09-07-2005, 01:57 AM
wow, complich just reminded me of philosophy 1150: basic logic& which I did poorly in O_O

XanBcoo
Sun, 09-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Would it be possible for my name to be changed to "XanBcoo" with the capital "X" and "B" ?

1. Because I'm a grammar freak - I registered as xanbcoo on accident and forgot the caps
2. Because my nick makes more sense that way. It's 3 separate words, not one unintelligable word.

Thanks.

complich8
Mon, 09-12-2005, 02:31 AM
that's not even a name change! That's just capitalization!

No problem.

GhostKaGe
Mon, 09-12-2005, 03:39 AM
Can i change my name to GhostkaGe cause the next hokage is boring.

XanBcoo
Mon, 09-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Thanks complich8!

complich8
Tue, 09-13-2005, 03:23 AM
GhostkaGe? That's .... weird. Why'd you pick that?

ChaosK
Tue, 09-13-2005, 08:30 PM
ghost-kage? you know ghost head?

ChaosK
Tue, 09-13-2005, 08:34 PM
edit: sorry for double post.

Rhanfahl
Tue, 09-13-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo

Originally posted by: Tofu #2

who the hell memorizes join dates?

oh, i'd like to change my name to just Chaos because i'm really no longer a kid (going to college and all that)

Starting college....you're still a kid. Just some advice...dont' drink till you pass out...people will do HORRIBLE THINGS TO YOU while you doze....especially if you're a freshman, and especially if you were to get a roomie like Mut for example.

Zhan
Wed, 09-14-2005, 01:51 AM
Can I change my name to Zhan

1: less annoying when i log in i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
2: ZhanZhao is actually a famous character of a chinese drama but I found out that the guy that played him is gay so..err...I don't really wanna be him anymore...

GhostKaGe
Wed, 09-14-2005, 11:15 AM
GhostkaGe? That's .... weird. Why'd you pick that?

well if anything its gotta be unique and stands out more than The Next Hokage

Gh0stKaGe

complich8
Wed, 09-14-2005, 06:57 PM
meh, whatever. But I'm not giving you the capital O (or is that a zero -- either way it's annoying).

Any others?

GhostKaGe
Thu, 09-15-2005, 03:48 AM
thanks complich8

Makenai
Tue, 09-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Can you capitalize the M on my name? >_>

Assertn
Wed, 09-21-2005, 11:41 AM
will you guys stop changing your names all the time? i barely recognize half of you now

complich8
Wed, 09-21-2005, 11:28 PM
yeah, I think that's enough of that for a while.

I'm going to impose a moratiium on name changes until ... say Thanksgiving. So no more until after then, you guys have had your chance.