PDA

View Full Version : Mut is Banned

Munsu
Thu, 08-25-2005, 06:41 PM
As you may have noticed, Mr. Mut has been banned...

Come to this thread and voice your opinion on the matter of our beloved Mut being banned...

Assertn
Thu, 08-25-2005, 06:50 PM
only until this weekend though i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Jadugar
Thu, 08-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Are you glad Mut is banned?

No.

Was Mut's ban justified

No.

Y
Thu, 08-25-2005, 07:02 PM
He knew he was going to be tempbanned for what he was posting, so, eh.

Munsu
Thu, 08-25-2005, 07:06 PM
[07:54] <%Mut[at]chi> WHERE IS DA JUSTICE

I don't know Mut... we are praying for you... It's hard to say that we know what you are going through because we can't... We can only feel your pain and wish you well...

[04:29] <%Mut[at]chi> I already called the best couch

Xollence
Thu, 08-25-2005, 07:07 PM
Hehe why what did he post?

Assertn
Thu, 08-25-2005, 07:09 PM
http://forums.gotwoot.net/mess...5949&enterthread=y (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=58&threadid=15949&enterthrea d=y)

imagine that, but posted in every single forum
as well as a few of his latest posts in the naruto forum

Knives122
Thu, 08-25-2005, 07:13 PM
if he's banned why is his username in the list of people below?

Y
Thu, 08-25-2005, 07:16 PM
gtalk chatlog:
Mut: lol
go make a post for me
on Bud's thread
okay?
DO IT
Y: what
Mut: "Fuck you"
Mut: that's it

EDIT:

Also I accidentally put yes in the first poll option because when I voted no on the second one it reset what I had selected on the first.

Deblas
Thu, 08-25-2005, 07:34 PM
What was he doing? challenging the mods and admins and thought that he actually wouldn't get banned?

Also. Is he really banned. His username says he is online right now. =/

Knives122
Thu, 08-25-2005, 07:40 PM
he was shit posting as he so elegantly put it, and he got a temp ban for it(which is really fun btw)

Munsu
Thu, 08-25-2005, 07:45 PM
[06:39] <%Mut[at]chi> I can do anything I want
[06:39] <%Mut[at]chi> except post
[06:39] <%Mut[at]chi> i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Y
Thu, 08-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas
What was he doing? challenging the mods and admins and thought that he actually wouldn't get banned?

He believed that Assertn trolled his gtalk thread, so he trolled a few threads and posted shit threads everywhere.

woofcat
Thu, 08-25-2005, 07:51 PM
I also accdently voted yes for the first one since it resets.

Y
Thu, 08-25-2005, 07:53 PM
Hey, to all of you who voted yes deliberately, let's see you actually post here, unless you only did so because you want to be anonymous.

dark maginn
Thu, 08-25-2005, 08:03 PM
im glad that hes banned and little not glad that hes banned

Munsu
Thu, 08-25-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by: Y
Hey, to all of you who voted yes deliberately, let's see you actually post here, unless you only did so because you want to be anonymous.

I voted "Yes!" to both... now what?

Y
Thu, 08-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken

You are a monster, Bud.

Knives122
Thu, 08-25-2005, 08:20 PM
i did the same thing, its his problem so I basically just said I didnt care when I said yes.

Jaredster
Thu, 08-25-2005, 08:22 PM

He believed that Assertn trolled his gtalk thread, so he trolled a few threads and posted shit threads everywhere.

I voted "yes".

I wonder what SK is thinking right now.

Y
Thu, 08-25-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by: Jaredster
I voted "yes".

I wonder what SK is thinking right now.

This is all just part of his master plan, of course.

kAi
Thu, 08-25-2005, 08:48 PM
I voted yes.

Seemed appropriate.

basey44
Thu, 08-25-2005, 09:11 PM
i voted yes, if it was anyone else who did it they would have been banned so i dont see why mut shouldnt be.

anyway he wouldve known he had it coming by doing that

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 08-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Gotwoot will be like a ghost town without mut. HE BRINGS LIFE TO THE PARTY DAMNIT HOW COULD YOU DO THIS!!!111

and btw kAi your a loser for banning me from the irc channel just cause I said "that was faggot kAi", sorry I didnt know you were so sensitive next time I wont joke with you.

TwisT
Thu, 08-25-2005, 09:50 PM
I voted double NO.

EDIT: corrected a typo, thx to badass.

kAi
Thu, 08-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Stop whining you little bitch.

aznroyale
Thu, 08-25-2005, 10:06 PM
2x yes

Honoko
Thu, 08-25-2005, 10:20 PM
yes to both-- he's a funny guy but happened to go apeshit over nothing *shrug* watever, the ban's temporary anyway.

Lefty
Thu, 08-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Mut can get a litle over worked about stupid shit but he does keep it interesting on the forums.

Board of Command
Thu, 08-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Yes to both. Even though I didn't know what happened, I'm sure the reason was legitimate.

And now I know the reason and it is legitimate.

2:25
Fri, 08-26-2005, 01:00 AM
No, and yes.

Turkish-S
Fri, 08-26-2005, 02:13 AM
YESSSSS

YESSSSSSSSS

Munsu
Fri, 08-26-2005, 02:36 AM

You are a monster, Bud.

I'm glad you finally noticed...

Psyke
Fri, 08-26-2005, 03:00 AM
I voted no and yes.

He's contributed a lot to the forums, but recently he seems to be on a berseker mode and just says whatever he wants.

Jessper
Fri, 08-26-2005, 04:14 AM
I think the whole thing is amusing at least.

Xollence
Fri, 08-26-2005, 04:41 AM
I voted yes to both without reading what he did, but I would voted yes anyway.

Hikyuu
Fri, 08-26-2005, 08:10 AM
I voted no no.. since he and Terra and a handful of other Gotwoot members are what keep this board from falling into the clutches of true ebil.. not to mention keep it worth reading..

masamuneehs
Fri, 08-26-2005, 08:31 AM
I don't think anyone on the forums has been as openly demeaning and bitched about my posts as much as Mut. I remember playing Isketch one day and he was there, I was under a false name. (or maybe this happened on IRC, cant remember which) and he says to me, after talking for a little bit:
Mut: What's your name on GW?
Me: Masamuneehs
Mut: I hate you.

I will give it up and say that he is a funny guy, if not a bit over eccentric. He's obviously a veteran around here and at the core of alot of good stuff.
I voted YES & YES.

nests
Fri, 08-26-2005, 09:46 AM
I voted yes both but is not cuase I dont like the guy some of his post are funny but I think sometimes he just goes to far and he should be glad that he was not completetly kicked out

NM
Fri, 08-26-2005, 09:54 AM
I voted no and yes. As everyone above mentioned, Mut keeps the forum interesting and can be a good guy. Though I don't agree how he should've been shit posting like that.

PSJ
Fri, 08-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Voted yes on both. He has contributed alot to the forums but some shit he does is just unnecessary.

Nai
Fri, 08-26-2005, 01:15 PM
No, I don't really know the guy and thus I have no reason to take joy in his "suffering."

Yes, he violated the rules and was banned. I see nothing wrong with this.

woofcat
Fri, 08-26-2005, 01:16 PM
Maybe i am an elietist or somthing but i feel that core members should be able to get away with more shit than others. I mean i have been here since 2003 only 2 years and when i joined mut had a ton of posts and was awesome at insulting people. Hell my first post i think he instulted me. Made me a better poster. Now i don't post alot but i read alot of this fourm and Mut has always been a semi-asshole but thats what keeps things around here live.

I think Mut should be alowed to make the insults when he wants to, i think core members should get Alot of slack since they are what makes or breaks a community. If you have a fourm that is filled with only new people then its total chaos.

Meh just my thoughts from a Genin

XanBcoo
Fri, 08-26-2005, 01:34 PM
No I'm not happy he's banned (same reasons as everyone else) but Yes I think it was justified. He kinda overreacted w/that shitposting thread.

PSJ
Fri, 08-26-2005, 01:47 PM
Why should "core members" get away with more things than other people? There are rules for the forum to work and they apply to everyone i see nothing wrong in treating everyone equally. If a core member can get away with something someone else gets banned for the forums won't work, people will start complaining and alot of shit will happen.

woofcat
Fri, 08-26-2005, 01:49 PM
You do know that your system does not work anywhere, Laws are bent for high ranking people. I am not saying the Core Members should be able to run around naked on a gold course I am saying if you ban them they might not come back. And you need core members.

XanBcoo
Fri, 08-26-2005, 01:53 PM
Mut will come back though. He needs to be here.

Knives122
Fri, 08-26-2005, 01:54 PM
but you dont need them all. if a core member gets banned/tempbanned for a stupid act and doesnt come back, that doesnt mean they others will loyaly and blindly follow him/her.

PSJ
Fri, 08-26-2005, 01:55 PM
I do know that it doesn't work. But to me it sounds like you think core members should be able to do what they want and don't give a crap about the rules. The rules still apply but diffrent people will be judged diffrently cause of the Mods, maybe they like the person or dislike the person in question, those things will affect the moderators decision. It already works like that i think.

ChaosK
Fri, 08-26-2005, 03:21 PM
same as above, no, yes.

Foomanchew24
Fri, 08-26-2005, 03:24 PM
Can't say I feel sorry for Mut as he knew what he was doing. Him not posting other than his shit post will be missed, but its only temporary and Im sure everyone who misses him can go visit him in the IRC channel. I didn't voted no then yes. Muts a believer of rules when it comes to others so why shouldnt they apply to him.

Turkish-S
Fri, 08-26-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by: woofcat

I think Mut should be alowed to make the insults when he wants to, i think core members should get Alot of slack since they are what makes or breaks a community. If you have a fourm that is filled with only new people then its total chaos.

he wasn't insulting people. he was just making stupid threads in every section of the forum. he broke 2 rule's X 6 (could be more i don't know in what sections he all did)
so he did deserve to get a ban and a big one too. but like everyone else i do want him to come back just because this forum needs him.

ChaosK
Fri, 08-26-2005, 03:33 PM
maybe someone who was on irc could enlighten me, wasnt mut unbanned as a part of the deal with wilik?

GhostKaGe
Fri, 08-26-2005, 03:58 PM
poor mut must be going through withdrawal not being able to flame. Without mut who will keep the noobs in check
he is afterall their leader i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Xollence
Fri, 08-26-2005, 03:59 PM
You do know that your system does not work anywhere, Laws are bent for high ranking people. I am not saying the Core Members should be able to run around naked on a gold course I am saying if you ban them they might not come back. And you need core members.

What exactly is a "core member"? The 20 people that hang around in the gotwoot channel 24/7?

Knives122
Fri, 08-26-2005, 04:20 PM
he's talking about the people that were around in 03

i

Rek
Fri, 08-26-2005, 04:26 PM
i dunno what he means either... prolly anyone from GW veterans? That or jounin. I'd say itachi_y25k

Paulyboy
Fri, 08-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Heh, I voted No then Yes, I think. Other than that, we all know he goes berserk, but hes the only one that does bring life, but just because he is a mod, dosen't meet he can post everywhere like that. But hes cool.

Deblas
Fri, 08-26-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by: Xollence

What exactly is a "core member"? The 20 people that hang around in the gotwoot channel 24/7?

Exactly. Also known as veterans. But talking about a "core" member getting to have more rights just because he is a veteran is just plain stupid. IMO, the "veterans" who have posted daily and spent the most time here should be the ones who should KNOW the damn rules above all others as well as FOLLOW them.

Mut was warned once for doing that shit topic but he kept on doing it so he got what he deserved. Everyone is equal here. Just because he's a veteran we are all gonna go: HAHAHA. That crazy Mut. Shitposting all around the forums. Thats hilarious!! There is no way he should get banned for this cause of the funny shit he posts and veteran status.

I put yes on both. It was justified and although its true that he brings life to the forums, he also gets carried away sometimes( in a bad way).

Munsu
Fri, 08-26-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by: Paulyboy
Heh, I voted No then Yes, I think. Other than that, we all know he goes berserk, but hes the only one that does bring life, but just because he is a mod, dosen't meet he can post everywhere like that. But hes cool.

He's no mod...

Knives122
Fri, 08-26-2005, 04:49 PM
that seems a little shiffty with the ... at the end

Munsu
Fri, 08-26-2005, 04:56 PM
I always end my posts like that... fool...

Knives122
Fri, 08-26-2005, 04:58 PM
oh, Ive never that before but I do now

Paulyboy
Fri, 08-26-2005, 06:21 PM

Originally posted by: Paulyboy

He's no mod...

....... I though he was, and those dumb posts he makes, I thought he could make some of those posts because he was a moderator....... crap.

woofcat
Fri, 08-26-2005, 07:14 PM
He was a mod.

Munsu
Fri, 08-26-2005, 07:16 PM
But no longer one...

And by the way... I'm not a mod either, so people stop pm'ing me to do stuff or on how to setup stuff here in the forum... I know shit about it...

XanBcoo
Fri, 08-26-2005, 08:01 PM
I always end my posts like that... fool...

That joke on the Adventures of Sakon makes sense now...
i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Munsu
Fri, 08-26-2005, 08:13 PM
I've never read that shitty thread of "Adventures of Sakon", so I don't know what you are talking about... mind enlightening me?

Knives122
Fri, 08-26-2005, 08:25 PM
Im as lost as you are, and I was a regular in that thread

NM
Fri, 08-26-2005, 09:24 PM
I've never read that shitty thread of "Adventures of Sakon", so I don't know what you are talking about... mind enlightening me?

Originally posted by: Terracosmo

http://valethcosmo.free.fr/sfather.jpg - Well okay it's hard the first couple of times but.. yeah. Eventually it's just right.
http://valethcosmo.free.fr/ita.jpg - Look...
http://valethcosmo.free.fr/sfather.jpg - What?
http://valethcosmo.free.fr/ita.jpg - Foolish old man. If you want to laugh better than me... you must hate me... detest me... and survive in an extremely fucked up way... and eat pineapples... while watching old Seinfeld episodes...
http://valethcosmo.free.fr/sfather.jpg - What in the name of the hidden village of milk are you talking about?
http://valethcosmo.free.fr/ita.jpg - Foolish old man... if you want to know what I'm talking about... you must run, run run... run and cling to your mobile phone...
http://valethcosmo.free.fr/sfather.jpg - Look... you know... maybe I should just... GODDAMNIT NOW YOU MADE ME USE DOTS EVERYWHERE ... LIKE THIS... ARGH I CAN'T STOP IT... I'M TYPING LIKE BUDWEINEKEN
http://valethcosmo.free.fr/ita.jpg - Foolish old man. If you want to type like me... and Budweineken... you must do more ... dots..everywhere... like this, look... dot dot... dot dot... dot... dot... foolish old man... hate me... detest me...
http://valethcosmo.free.fr/sfather.jpg - I ALREADY FUCKING DETEST YOU JUST SHUT UP

Enjoy. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Munsu
Fri, 08-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Lol... I never read that... I'll admit it, it was funny... Only difference, is that my dot usage is better...

Neko Haruko
Fri, 08-26-2005, 10:19 PM
I voted es for both.... You guys can bequite mean sometimes.

ChaosK
Fri, 08-26-2005, 10:38 PM
yeeah, i meant to put "no, no" except i pressed yes on the 2nd one accdientaly...

Munsu
Sat, 08-27-2005, 02:11 AM
Welcome back Mut

Mut
Sat, 08-27-2005, 02:56 AM
Alright, so all the closet Mut haters have come out now, or at least the ones who have the balls to jump on this opportunity.

You guys want me gone so bad and say I deserved what I got even though not a single one of you know what really happened and why I did it. I'm not gonna bother explaining the reason why I did it or what really happened since I did it 5 times too many already on IRC. If you missed out, oh well.

Anyway, since you guys want me gone so badly, let's see if you guys even have that right to want me gone. Let's take a look at all the things I've done for this forum community just as one single member and compare it to what you guys have done as a collective group. But before that let me just say that I don't want to sit on my highhorse and brag or whatever but you guys are putting my value as a member into question and I have to defend myself. So, let me just list out the things I've done:

I got the Bleach, One Piece, and FMP:TSR forums made. I annoyed the shit out of them admins for weeks to get these forums created.

Along with Terra, I was one of the few who bugged the hell out of the admins to get the GSD forum, which is one of our most active and popular forums, created. What, you think I like GSD that much to beg the admins just to get denied every other day?

I started GotBook. A service maintained by me because I'm someone who wants to make things easier for people and create a more close-knit environment.

Guess who was doing nearly 50% of the moderating for almost 10 months? Yeah, I obviously volunteered for the job because I love babysitting 14 year old faggots all day, right?. I did it because nobody was around enough to take care of the forums.

The official rules we have now. I pressed the admins for three months trying to get that damn thing set up on the forums so newbs won't be able to use the "but there are no rules" excuse. Oh yeah, and I was also responsible for creating pretty much all of them. At least we have some order now.

Warning system. This system was actually more for the fellow moderator because we sometimes had trouble keeping track of records and warnings. The system makes it easier for the forum users to be notified of what they've done wrong. Wilik did create this but guess who's idea was this inspired from?

GW contests. I started these contests to keep the forums fun and active while the rest of you were jerking each other off in the Naruto forums. I ran both the GW Survivors (with the help of others), which was GW's most popular event, and a sig comp.

I was also the only one to take the initiative to encourage new forum members to join. Remember when we had over 100 guests browsing at any time? Did anyone bother asking them to join so we can grow as a community? Nope, not any of you.

Avatar bug. I sent almost 10 fucking emails over the span of a few weeks to FuseTalk's customer services to get this fixed so people can upload their previous avatars. It turned out to be a half fix, but it's better than nothing. But, what did you guys do? Bitched and complained to the mods and admins? You know... to the wrong people?

Naruto episode release/discussion thread. Assertn, Bud, and I came up with the idea so that we can make things easier for you guys and so that you guys won't be spoiled. Yet, you guys still can't seem to not fucking post in the release info thread without being an idiot.

GW meet up. When this happens, it'll be one of the greatest events in GW history. Who the hell has tried to actually organize a meet up like this, even flying in someone from 2000 miles away?

There's probably a few more...

The point of me listing all this isn't to prove what I did, but to show that I put in all that effort to contribute to improve the forum community when everyone else did jack shit. What did you guys do? Let me call out people specifically, who I believe are almost completely useless to our community. In no particular order: Knives122, Xollence, Deblas, dark maginn, basey44, aznroyale, honoko, BOARD_of_command, turkish, masamuneehs, nests, PSJ, Nai, The Next Hokage, Neko Haruko, and plenty of others. What really have you done to show that you're not any different than every other forum member? The only correct answer to that question is: absolutely nothing.

Again, I'm not trying to brag about the things I've done here. What I did doesn't matter. The only important thing is that I've been pretty much the only who actually gave a shit about this place, and you guys want me gone because you're all a bunch of pussies. I'm just defending myself because you dickfucks think you've earned the right to even be considered for more than just a "member". Give me a fucking break, you guys could add up all of the "effort" you put into improving the forums and it would still look like you guys did nothing but shit on them.

Sat, 08-27-2005, 03:11 AM
Well, I personally believe that the answer to question one is based on personal bias, and you did flame a lot of people, so it's only natural that they might dislike you @__@

But I think you contribute quite a bit to this forum, and for that, I like to thank-you.

Mut
Sat, 08-27-2005, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by: 2-25
Well, I personally believe that the answer to question one is based on personal bias, and you did flame a lot of people, so it's only natural that they might dislike you @__@

But I think you contribute quite a bit to this forum, and for that, I like to thank-you.
It's not a personal bias actually. I've been browsing this forum since it started and then registered a week later. Each member knows what they have done and I'm simply stating what they've done as a member to improve/contribute to the forums. Unfortunately, 99% of them have done nothing but add +1 to their post count.

And thanks.

lilphatboi88
Sat, 08-27-2005, 04:14 AM
Dude, I don't post that much and once I was flamed by you. Even though you may have contributed a lot to Gotwoot, it does not give you a right to be a jackass by calling everyone useless or dickfucks or watever. All I'm saying is, is that you talk so much about the forum members that do nothing but post. Well, without all these forum members, there wouldn't be a so-called COMMUNITY. And also, some members don't want to do anything in these forums but read and discuss anime. Sometimes they are new and they said something that probably was a mistake to every member in Gotwoot.

And also.....NO OFFENSE in any way. I just also want to say thanks a lot for what you've contributed.

Board of Command
Sat, 08-27-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@chi
Again, I'm not trying to brag about the things I've done here. What I did doesn't matter. The only important thing is that I've been pretty much the only who actually gave a shit about this place, and you guys want me gone because you're all a bunch of pussies. I'm just defending myself because you dickfucks think you've earned the right to even be considered for more than just a "member". Give me a fucking break, you guys could add up all of the "effort" you put into improving the forums and it would still look like you guys did nothing but shit on them.
Most of the people that voted yes probably didn't want you gone, they just thought it was justified that you got temp banned. That was the poll.

And for the ones that voted yes to the first question, they might just think you deserved a brief timeout and cool off.

Psyke
Sat, 08-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Welcome back. Like many others, I'm not too sure what happened and how come you started all those threads, but one thing is certain is that you've been a regular since way back (when I was still a browser) and you've contributed a lot to the forum. This is pretty obvious to everyone, but the problem is that many people take offence from some of your words thus the unpopularity. Sure it's not a popularity contest and that's why I voted "No" and "Yes".

I don't want to see you get banned and I'm not glad it, but still, you did something which would have resulted a ban and everyone is treated the same even though you've contributed a lot.

I just hope you'll carry on with your contributions and ignore whatever's making you pissed. And of course try to use less mean words.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Y
Sat, 08-27-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by: lilphatboi88
Dude, I don't post that much and once I was flamed by you. Even though you may have contributed a lot to Gotwoot, it does not give you a right to be a jackass by calling everyone useless or dickfucks or watever. All I'm saying is, is that you talk so much about the forum members that do nothing but post. Well, without all these forum members, there wouldn't be a so-called COMMUNITY. And also, some members don't want to do anything in these forums but read and discuss anime. Sometimes they are new and they said something that probably was a mistake to every member in Gotwoot.

And also.....NO OFFENSE in any way. I just also want to say thanks a lot for what you've contributed.

Frankly, yes, him contributing more than others does give him a right to look down on people who do nothing but write out semi-literate shitposts.

basey44
Sat, 08-27-2005, 10:55 AM
The point of me listing all this isn't to prove what I did, but to show that I put in all that effort to contribute to improve the forum community when everyone else did jack shit. What did you guys do? Let me call out people specifically, who I believe are almost completely useless to our community. In no particular order: Knives122, Xollence, Deblas, dark maginn, basey44, aznroyale, honoko, BOARD_of_command, turkish, masamuneehs, nests, PSJ, Nai, The Next Hokage, Neko Haruko, and plenty of others. What really have you done to show that you're not any different than every other forum member? The only correct answer to that question is: absolutely nothing.

while yes me and many others dont really contribute much or anything to this forum and you have and do, you cant really do what you did and expect nothing to happen to you. im not sure if everyone saw what you did, but i was on at the time and you just know somethings gonna happen to you when you create a thread in all forum sections saying shit post or thread or watever it was. other than that i got nothing else to say except welcome back, it was a bit more boring without ya

Deblas
Sat, 08-27-2005, 11:19 AM
Hell. I know I'm a member of Gotwoot only. I never thought of myself as something special cause it's true I never done anything to contribute to the forums. Of course I'm useless. I don't know jackshit of making websites, using photoshop, contests or anything that makes the web fun. But I do think of myself as an average poster.

True. I voted yes on both accounts and I'm not going to deny it. You've done many good things with this forum but until they slap an ADMIN title on you. The rules will apply to you just like everyone else.

Was I glad that your where tempban?
Yes. My reason is a personality bias. You're a jackass with an attitude problem. That has been my problem since post 1. Contributing to the forums doesn't give you the right to flame everyone when its not needed. I didn't want you permaban though. Just Temp so you can cool off.

Was your ban justified?
You broke the rules, ignored the warnings, and got a tempban. You got what you deserved.

Though I can't say some of your flames weren't fair. I did shitpost alot back then and my grammar was pretty bad. Even though it annoyed the hell out of me, I did improve. So I guess thanks....you bastard.

Honoko
Sat, 08-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command

Most of the people that voted yes probably didn't want you gone, they just thought it was justified that you got temp banned. That was the poll.

And for the ones that voted yes to the first question, they might just think you deserved a brief timeout and cool off.
I agree w/ Board on this one. The general sentiment for the polls here wasn't that we wanted you banned from the forums permanently.

Let me call out people specifically, who I believe are almost completely useless to our community. In no particular order: Knives122, Xollence, Deblas, dark maginn, basey44, aznroyale, honoko, BOARD_of_command, turkish, masamuneehs, nests, PSJ, Nai, The Next Hokage, Neko Haruko, and plenty of others.
Again, whatever you have to say against me doesn't really faze me but honestly, i know that i'm just here posting because i just wanna talk about anime/manga in this (thanks to you, apparently) very well organized forum. I'm sure there are a lot of people in this group you've called out who do the same. What else do you expect us to do? I know I joined because I wanted to post. Why should you care about my "uselessness" to the forums?

Besides, I remember your thread about encouraging all the lurkers to come out and make accounts and join the community. What, now that they came out you don't want them anymore? And you lashing out and accusing dozens of people who really have nothing to do with you and going off on this whole tangent about being "useful" just makes you look like an ass.

Just look at what your post did in this thread. It totally just changed the direction of the topic.

PSJ
Sat, 08-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Ah i was in that list. I'm not suprised though and it's true i don't contribute alot to the forums, close to nothing maybe but i don't feel it is necessary to do anything specific as alot of people already are doing alot of things. There is nothing i want to change either. Mut, you contribute alot and if you think you should have special privileges because of that then fine but let the mods deal with people breaking the rules. I still think your ban was justified and i was glad that you got banned, it shows that "special" people can't break the rules and get away with it.

Psyke
Sat, 08-27-2005, 11:43 AM
My thoughts: Doesn't active participation (qualitative not quantitative) count as contribution to the forum?

Deblas
Sat, 08-27-2005, 11:48 AM
For the average poster, yes. But Mut is talking about admin status. Reading Mut's post gives me the idea that he feels he's an admin or at least gained some privileges in which in fact, he's not and didn't.

Knives122
Sat, 08-27-2005, 12:23 PM
well the bottom line is he broke the rules and got what he deserved(just like I do when I "go off" on the forums, and I accepted it and went away for a five days). It doesnt matter if you donated 1,000,000 dollars to the site or you're a mod the rules are the rules and if you break them you have to deal with the consequences.

Assertn
Sat, 08-27-2005, 12:31 PM
i dunno.....we might have to give special privileges to people who donate 1,000,000 dollars

Sat, 08-27-2005, 12:35 PM
lol
$1 000 000 usd

Y
Sat, 08-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
well the bottom line is he broke the rules and got what he deserved(just like I do when I "go off" on the forums, and I accepted it and went away for a five days). It doesnt matter if you donated 1,000,000 dollars to the site or you're a mod the rules are the rules and if you break them you have to deal with the consequences.

The point he was making was that Assertn, a mod, trolled his thread and implicitly approved of posts like the one that earned his ban.

masamuneehs
Sat, 08-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Ok, lets be honest, if someone donated a good amount of money that WOULD curry some favorable status and exemption from rules. $ is king, amen.

I also believe that people without skills in subbing, photoshop, etc. can make great contributions to the forums. I personally try to (and you all probably know this from reading my posts) point out the details and inconsistencies in a show while trying to look at its choreography, music, sequencing and other technical aspects. I also try to have a good discussion about shows, even when my opinion conflicts with others, that creates further discussion and is not bone-headed You're Wrong, I'm Right arguing.

I also feel that people who post links to new releases, provide info on fansubbing groups' speed, quality, current status etc. and talk about new shows, old shows that many people aren't aware of or other underappreciated anime are helping the GW community.

Nobody is above the rules. I am not an admin, but I believe even they should obey the rules if they want us to do the same.

Mut
Sat, 08-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Seriously, shut the fuck up about what happened with my banning because none of you still have any idea what really happened. Stop making shit up and and using it to conveniently support your argument. And no, I'm going to explain what happened either.

I just went through your post history. They're awful and I don't even know who you are.

Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command

What the hell is the differene between being glad that someone is gone and and wanting someone gone? Being glad is just an emotional consequence after having something you want done happen. If you look at the list, the people I only named were people who voted Yes for the first option (being glad that I'm gone). I could really care less if you think the ban was justified or not since none of you have any idea what the hell you're talking about.

Originally posted by: Honoko
I agree w/ Board on this one. The general sentiment for the polls here wasn't that we wanted you banned from the forums permanently.
Yeah, except half the people didn't know that I was only banned temporarily.

Again, whatever you have to say against me doesn't really faze me but honestly, i know that i'm just here posting because i just wanna talk about anime/manga in this (thanks to you, apparently) very well organized forum. I'm sure there are a lot of people in this group you've called out who do the same. What else do you expect us to do? I know I joined because I wanted to post. Why should you care about my "uselessness" to the forums?
Who the fuck do you think got this forum "very well organized"? What, you think it was Jesus?

Besides, I remember your thread about encouraging all the lurkers to come out and make accounts and join the community. What, now that they came out you don't want them anymore? And you lashing out and accusing dozens of people who really have nothing to do with you and going off on this whole tangent about being "useful" just makes you look like an ass.

Just look at what your post did in this thread. It totally just changed the direction of the topic.
Wait, how did I make myself look like an ass, when plenty of people are posting to stone me in public because I'm unable to respond back? You guys kept your mouth shut about a lot of things until you found out that I was banned and thus unable to respond or explain any of my actions. The only real asses are you cowards who only grow balls when others have their backs turned.

Terracosmo
Sat, 08-27-2005, 02:10 PM
No, this forum needs Mut.

Yes, his ban was justified. What he did rendered a ban. HOWEVER, Mut had a reason to do it, and I think it's unfair to group him up as a basic member when it comes to those things. Okay now I'm practically saying that "since Mut is a veteran, he can do things that the rest of you can't". But so what? It might be "wrong", but that's how I see things. We (people like Mut and me) have been around longer. We have done things for the forums. Contributed. We DESERVE to do things that the rest of you don't. We all know that Mut isn't a stupid spammer at heart. He's Mut, and banning him for being Mut is just silly. That's how I see things.

Edit: Glad you found my spoof of you funny, Bud i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Board of Command
Sat, 08-27-2005, 02:16 PM
The point he was making was that Assertn, a mod, trolled his thread and implicitly approved of posts like the one that earned his ban.
So Assertn's one of those phantom mods?...or was this already established somewhere earlier and I just missed it?

You guys kept your mouth shut about a lot of things until you found out that I was banned and thus unable to respond or explain any of my actions. The only real asses are you cowards who only grow balls when others have their backs turned.
Or maybe most of the people here really have nothing to say about you. Sure, you say things that would be commonly frowned upon by a lot of people, but it's a forum and those things happen. I really doubt a lot of people really would stab you with your back turned. Now that something has happened, people can actually find something to say about you (or your situation) now.

Mut
Sat, 08-27-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ
Ah i was in that list. I'm not suprised though and it's true i don't contribute alot to the forums, close to nothing maybe but i don't feel it is necessary to do anything specific as alot of people already are doing alot of things. There is nothing i want to change either. Mut, you contribute alot and if you think you should have special privileges because of that then fine but let the mods deal with people breaking the rules. I still think your ban was justified and i was glad that you got banned, it shows that "special" people can't break the rules and get away with it.
If I wasn't such a nice guy and once thought you that deserved special treament because you're a veteran member, I would've banned your fucking ass for being such a stupid spammer. There were plenty of times when I went over your posts contemplating whether or not you should be gone from the forums when I was a mod, especially during the time you spammed your way to Sannin. You should be sucking my dick right now.

Deblas
Sat, 08-27-2005, 02:51 PM

Yes, his ban was justified. What he did rendered a ban. HOWEVER, Mut had a reason to do it, and I think it's unfair to group him up as a basic member when it comes to those things. Okay now I'm practically saying that "since Mut is a veteran, he can do things that the rest of you can't". But so what? It might be "wrong", but that's how I see things. We (people like Mut and me) have been around longer. We have done things for the forums. Contributed. We DESERVE to do things that the rest of you don't. We all know that Mut isn't a stupid spammer at heart. He's Mut, and banning him for being Mut is just silly. That's how I see things.

Ahh. The old Veteran vs. Non-Veteran fight. All to common. While using the old "I've been here the longest so that makes it eligible" excuse, the veterans feel they should have special previleges to bypass any regulations and to recognize themselves as being above others while the non-veterans feel it's unfair to give them any special treatment just because they've been here the longest. And because the veterans have already formed a close relationship between each other, they stick together and close their doors for the newbies and label them as below them. It's only natural to defend Veterans with Veterans and Non-Veterans with Non-Veterans.

lilphatboi88
Sat, 08-27-2005, 03:42 PM

Frankly, yes, him contributing more than others does give him a right to look down on people who do nothing but write out semi-literate shitposts.

Of course he has a right to look down on people, but it doesn't give him a right to call people names or anything.

quote:I just went through your post history. They're awful and I don't even know who you are.

And my point exactly, you don't even know who I am so it doesn't give you a right to say my posts were awful when not ALL of them were. It also doesn't give you a right to call me names because of my opinions. I doubt you seriously went through ALL my posts, or else you wouldn't be able to say what you said about all MY POSTS.

lilphatboi88
Sat, 08-27-2005, 03:46 PM

Of course he has a right to look down on people, but it doesn't give him a right to call people names or anything.

quote: by Mut ---- I just went through your post history. They're awful and I don't even know who you are.

And my point exactly, you don't even know who I am so it doesn't give you a right to say my posts were awful when not ALL of them were. It also doesn't give you a right to call me names because of my opinions. I doubt you seriously went through ALL my posts, or else you wouldn't be able to say what you said about all MY POSTS.Text

I don't know how to quote multiple times....sorry about the double, dunno how to fix it.

Terracosmo
Sat, 08-27-2005, 03:59 PM

Ahh. The old Veteran vs. Non-Veteran fight. All to common. While using the old "I've been here the longest so that makes it eligible" excuse, the veterans feel they should have special previleges to bypass any regulations and to recognize themselves as being above others while the non-veterans feel it's unfair to give them any special treatment just because they've been here the longest. And because the veterans have already formed a close relationship between each other, they stick together and close their doors for the newbies and label them as below them. It's only natural to defend Veterans with Veterans and Non-Veterans with Non-Veterans.

Ehh... okay? Re-read my post. And don't categorize what I write.
Nowhere did I state that we bypass all regulations.

Deblas
Sat, 08-27-2005, 04:07 PM

Well since this is a because mut shitposted and went against the rules so he got a tempban thread. And you think his ban was "silly" because he was just being himself. And given the fact that mut is a veteran. One can only assume that your line of "We DESERVE to do things that the rest of you don't" means that it is allright for the veterans to not follow the rules.

So, if I got it wrong. What did you mean then?

Mut
Sat, 08-27-2005, 04:07 PM
And my point exactly, you don't even know who I am so it doesn't give you a right to say my posts were awful when not ALL of them were. It also doesn't give you a right to call me names because of my opinions. I doubt you seriously went through ALL my posts, or else you wouldn't be able to say what you said about all MY POSTS.
Why is it hard to believe that I went through your entire post history? You have 131 posts. Five of them were mod-edited. You've probably received some warnings too. And you don't even how to quote properly and can't tell the difference between the edit and quote button. What more do I need to prove. Unlike others, I take my time researching my points so I can actually back them up with facts.

The point is that a lot of the veteran members and it's usually them who are GOOD posters.

lilphatboi88
Sat, 08-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Ok, so 5 of them were mod-edited out of 131 messages.

And because I don't know how to quote, it makes all my posts awful?

Do you have AIM, cuz I don't know why you keep saying all my posts are awful and sometimes I discuss with people about the animes. And couple times those posts I try to help some people with problems they have.

And I do know the difference between the edit button and the quote button. Because I made one tiny error, you're saying my posts are awful? So if you misspell one word, should I categorize you as a person that doesn't know english?

Munsu
Sat, 08-27-2005, 04:22 PM
He's not saying that you post aweful because you mistook the edit and quote bottons... he's using it as proof that he searched through all your post history...

lilphatboi88
Sat, 08-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Ok, i may have misinterpreted that, but if you look at ALL my posts, they aren't ALL awful.

Deblas
Sat, 08-27-2005, 04:29 PM
How can you search other peoples post history?

SK
Sat, 08-27-2005, 04:29 PM
I voted yes of course!
Now all I want is a mut permaban and I will be happy.

~1~

Mut
Sat, 08-27-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by: SK
I voted yes of course!

~1~
The only regret I have from resigning my moderator status a few weeks ago is being too nice to permanently ban you. You should be behind PSJ in the line to suck my dick for my kindness and generosity.

Y

The only regret I have from resigning my moderator status a few weeks ago is being too nice to permanently ban you. You should be behind PSJ in the line to suck my dick for my generosity.

"Too nice" is not a flaw I think you've ever had.

Board of Command
How can you search other peoples post history?
You can do it in Search.

Deblas
Sat, 08-27-2005, 04:54 PM
Ohh..You're right. I never noticed that before.i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Turkish-S
Sat, 08-27-2005, 05:54 PM

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: Honoko
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, except half the people didn't know that I was only banned temporarily.

i know this is a very late response but i just got back from work so stfu.
FUCKING POST NR 2 :

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
only until this weekend though

i think most people knew you would come back.( i did )

Mut
Sat, 08-27-2005, 05:56 PM
I'd give you a proper response. But only if I knew what the hell you were trying to say.

Turkish-S
Sat, 08-27-2005, 06:01 PM
all people on gw knew you didn't had a perma ban. and i've also done something to improve gw HERE (http://I've ).
you may now give me a proper response i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Sat, 08-27-2005, 06:02 PM

Well since this is a because mut shitposted and went against the rules so he got a tempban thread. And you think his ban was "silly" because he was just being himself. And given the fact that mut is a veteran. One can only assume that your line of "We DESERVE to do things that the rest of you don't" means that it is allright for the veterans to not follow the rules.

Well if you want to interpret it that way then fine, I basically just meant that since Mut is, and has always been, a contributing poster - it's normal that he has a few advantages. If you were the boss of a company, and you had to fire one of two workers, which one would you fire... the average Joe who hardly posts, or the contributing worker who has always given his all for the company?

Do you understand now?

Note: This is of course a far-fetched comparison, but I'm just trying to make you understand my train of thought.

Mut
Sat, 08-27-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by: turkish-shikamaru
all people knew you didn't had a perma ban. and i've also done something to improve gw HERE (http://I've ).
you may now give me a proper response
Great job with the link. You're still the joke everyone thinks you are.

Turkish-S
Sat, 08-27-2005, 06:09 PM
damn srry wrong link srry here?? (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=12&threadid=15613&enterthrea d=y)

Deblas
Sat, 08-27-2005, 06:18 PM

Well if you want to interpret it that way then fine, I basically just meant that since Mut is, and has always been, a contributing poster - it's normal that he has a few advantages. If you were the boss of a company, and you had to fire one of two workers, which one would you fire... the average Joe who hardly posts, or the contributing worker who has always given his all for the company?

Do you understand now?

Note: This is of course a far-fetched comparison, but I'm just trying to make you understand my train of thought.

Ohh. Okay I get it now. That's what happens in the web. You sometimes intepret something diferrent from what it originally meant.

Xollence
Sat, 08-27-2005, 06:18 PM
Hehe, actually I knew you were temp banned since Assertn stated that in the second post. So what's the difference between being glad you got tempbanned and the ban being justified? If a ban was justified, wouldn't you be glad it happened?

"You guys kept your mouth shut about a lot of things until you found out that I was banned and thus unable to respond or explain any of my actions. The only real asses are you cowards who only grow balls when others have their backs turned."

OMG you're taking this too personally. Whatevers, I'm done.

PSJ
Sat, 08-27-2005, 06:19 PM

I voted yes of course!

~1~
The only regret I have from resigning my moderator status a few weeks ago is being too nice to permanently ban you. You should be behind PSJ in the line to suck my dick for my kindness and generosity.

Thank you for sharing your kindness and generosity. So what have you done again that i should thank you for?

Mut
Sat, 08-27-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ
Thank you for sharing your kindness and generosity. So what have you done again that i should thank you for?
What, you think you still would've had 5853 posts if I wasn't nice? Guess what, when you were purposely spamming your way to 4000 posts and lying about the spams as 'computer fuck ups', the mods were calling you on your shit.

PSJ
Sat, 08-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Ah, sorry didn't think of that. Thank you.

EDIT: I am serious here so please no more arguing here. It is very true that mut actually helped me to become a better forum member, which wasn't to hard. Again i am serious here.

EDIT 2: I know Mut, that was partly what i was thinking about to. I already said i was serious about what i have said in this post when i think about it i have done some bad shit and i deserve some flaming for it. Maybe its not easy to try to erase stuff like that so i should probably accept what i get.

I'll let you take this however you want but at least i have said it.

SK
Sat, 08-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Mut helped me become a better poster as well by trolling every single one of my posts, thanks man.

Deblas
Sat, 08-27-2005, 07:09 PM
Mut has improved the forums with his shenanigans as well as cure Cancer and Aids all at the same time!!

Knives122
Sat, 08-27-2005, 07:14 PM
you spelt shenanigans wrong deblas i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Deblas
Sat, 08-27-2005, 07:17 PM
I am to lazy to go to dictionary.com now Knives!! I'm downloading batches that make my computer extremely slow. Okayyyyyy!!!

Knives122
Sat, 08-27-2005, 07:29 PM
I've always knew how to spell the word, and I understand about your computer slow down(sort've)

Y
Sat, 08-27-2005, 07:30 PM
Mut helped me become a better poster as well by trolling every single one of my posts, thanks man.

You forgot to include ~1~ in this post, forum superstar SK.

Mae
Sat, 08-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Drama, drama.... lol

(my post is just as useful as any in this thread)

Rek
Sat, 08-27-2005, 10:14 PM
not really. but your a girl. so that's to be expected.

dark maginn
Sat, 08-27-2005, 11:04 PM
lol how do u know shes a girl?

kAi
Sun, 08-28-2005, 02:24 AM
Rek likes to know his fellow women.

Zinobi
Sun, 08-28-2005, 03:35 AM
sooooooo wheres this thread headed???? i dont think were talking bout mut being banned
(y am i posting this??)(y did i ask that?)(y r u still here reading my post?????)
IM A GENIN YEAH YAY (this isnt tht big is it?)

Munsu
Sun, 08-28-2005, 03:38 AM
I'm only pissed because I didn't get invited to Cali...

I guess he doesn't want to get his bitches stolen

Mut
Sun, 08-28-2005, 03:40 AM
i'ma get so oooooooooooooooooooooooo mucyh vagina when i'm chilling with chrisssssssssssssss steveeeeeeeeeee jareddddddddddddddddd estelaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Munsu
Sun, 08-28-2005, 03:42 AM
Fuck off mut

[04:37] <%Mut[at]chi> i go tno ufcking pussy tonight
[04:37] <%Mut[at]chi> god damit

You get shit!

rockmanj
Sun, 08-28-2005, 09:14 AM
gosh...so much animosity....

Itachi_y2k5
Sun, 08-28-2005, 09:38 AM
lol this is turning into the shit thread now i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assertn
Sun, 08-28-2005, 10:52 AM
duuude....havent seen rockmanj in quite some time

masamuneehs
Sun, 08-28-2005, 12:09 PM
Can this thread get locked soon please? He's back. So perhaps a "Welcome back Mut!" thread would be more appropriate to carry on this nauseating diahrea of posting...