PDA

View Full Version : Splitting Anime Torrents

kuruparan_paran
Wed, 08-24-2005, 06:34 PM
I don't know if this has been discussed already but I think that the torrents should be split even smaller so downloads can be easier and faster. For example the Naruto episodes are split into sections of 25. It would be faster if you could split that even more. I know that for some with extremely high connection speeds, that it's fortunate for them but for slower connections, it'll take months.

Y
Wed, 08-24-2005, 06:36 PM
That doesn't speed up downloads at all, it still takes you the same amount of time to download the same number of episodes. I don't think you quite get how this works.

It's less convenient for the site, and it's less convenient for the seeders, and it doesn't help you in the least. If you only want to download 1 episode at a time you set just that episode to download - you'll be getting it no slower then you would otherwise.

NM
Wed, 08-24-2005, 08:40 PM
kAi's BitTorrent Guide (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=27&threadid=14424&enterthrea d=y)

kAi listed a couple of BT clients in his thread. Azureus and BitTornado (both are linked in kAi's thread) are two such clients where you can select what episodes you want downloaded (I'm not too sure with the others).

Munsu
Thu, 08-25-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by: kuruparan_paran
I don't know if this has been discussed already but I think that the torrents should be split even smaller so downloads can be easier and faster. For example the Naruto episodes are split into sections of 25. It would be faster if you could split that even more. I know that for some with extremely high connection speeds, that it's fortunate for them but for slower connections, it'll take months.

At this point in time, getting a decent connection doesn't cost you much more than dial-up... So just go get a better connection...