PDA

View Full Version : Seed Mode

ArcZero
Wed, 08-24-2005, 03:19 PM
i've been wondering about it for a while. it was never explained in the anime. what is seed mode? is it a state of mind? does it only manifest in coordinators? can just about anyone do it?

Curium
Wed, 08-24-2005, 03:21 PM
There are several definitions that I've seen. You can find them around the net. Decide for you self which you believe.

The only part I'm going to bother with is that it is not something only Coordinators can do. Cagalli is a Natural and she has achieved SEED mode.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 08-24-2005, 03:41 PM
This is the best explaination of SEED mode that i found.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEED_Mode#SEED_factor

ChaosK
Wed, 08-24-2005, 04:05 PM
did you watch gundam seed? that blind guy explained it after kira and athurn fought in strike and aegis.

its like you go into a berserker mode where your battle reflexes are all sharpened to the point where you can almost defeat any opponet.

PSJ
Wed, 08-24-2005, 04:14 PM
Stop using the term berserker mode.

Seed mode is a step in evolution where some humans goes beyond the capabilities of others which is the reason not only coordinators can do it. When you go into SEED mode your senses are stronger as well as reactions and reflexes.

As for the "berserker mode" that is the term Andy used to describe what kind of person Kira is, it is not related to the Seed mode.

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-24-2005, 04:26 PM
I feel like the series should explain the whole phenomenon better though. I've always thought Seed mode is so incredibly random.
Sudden & unexplained super saiyan-esque abilities doesn't belong in Gundam.

PSJ
Wed, 08-24-2005, 04:54 PM
True, i remember the first time a "stone" suddenly dropped and shattered infront of Kira i was like "wtf? what is this?".

aznroyale
Wed, 08-24-2005, 05:32 PM
S
Superior

E
Evident

E
Evolutionary

D
Destined-factor

masamuneehs
Wed, 08-24-2005, 07:17 PM
I also find it hilarious and absoultley dumb-founding that SEED mode has not been explained that much in the actual series.

You don't see the characters going, "Gee I just snapped out there and fighting became totally different" or "What came over me?" They just seem to take it for granted, like they can't even sense it happening....

Once again, Fukuda and crew should pay more attention to flushing out the fine details of the show's plot rather then focus on making pretty looking MS and spouting alot of trash about how people should live their lives or fight wars.

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Indeed.

There was some stuff about it in early Destiny, Gil mentioned that there was a reason that he made Shinn pilot the Impulse gundam, i.e that he could enter Seed mode. This indicates that there is something more behind it, something which BETTER get explained. Damnit.

Motteh
Wed, 08-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Kira also had flashbacks back in Seed when Mwu explained to him what a berserker was
plus there is the terribly vague explanations by Markio (the blind guy) and Erica Simmons (the Orb chief engineer)

@aznroyale, that's just the meaning of the acronym and not an explanation of what SEED mode is

masamuneehs
Wed, 08-24-2005, 09:55 PM
Berserk is this =
1-Destructively or frenetically violent
2- Mentally or emotionally upset; deranged
3- Unrestrained, as with enthusiasm or appetite; wild

SEED can be turned on and off willingly (at least by Kira and Athrun) so it is not what going berserk is.

The similarities between a berserker and SEED are that both can temporarilly make a person go past normal human limitations as far as strength, stamina and aggression. SEED also seems to be a Limit-Breaker, to borrow FF7 terminology, that can be tripped in order to pass normal limitations on reaction speed, vision etc.
The biggest difference I've seen is that berserk rampages tend to end when the catalyst for the nervous breakdown is removed or defeated, and that entering the berserker state leaves the berserker weakened and can even do permenent damage. SEED mode seems to have 0 negative side effects, especially noteworthy that no SEED pilot has really pushed themselves too far and injured themselves by entering SEED mode. It also seems to be able to go on far after the initial onset, lasting much longer than berserk.

Kovash
Wed, 08-24-2005, 11:03 PM
Cynical Mode: SEED stands for 'Gee, I can't think of a good reason for an unSkillEd pilot to bEat all oDds, so I'll make up a convinient and unexplained plot-device to do it for me.'

But seriously, I think it's be interesting if SEED had something to do with the 'Destiny Plan' Dillundal has concocted, since the only people who have gone SEED are people who are placed in situations that are pivotal to the future of the Human Race. As in, he might have isolated the particular Gene and can control it somehow (assuming SEED has anything to do with Genes as Dillundal has said it does.)

Curium
Wed, 08-24-2005, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by: Kovash
But seriously, I think it's be interesting if SEED had something to do with the 'Destiny Plan' Dillundal has concocted, since the only people who have gone SEED are people who are placed in situations that are pivotal to the future of the Human Race. As in, he might have isolated the particular Gene and can control it somehow (assuming SEED has anything to do with Genes as Dillundal has said it does.)

That is an interesting theory. We do know that the notebook about the Destiny Plan came from the Mendel Colony where Kira was "born". Athrun's and Lacus' fathers were highly placed within PLANT, so Dullindal being a council member may have been involved when it came time for them to go through the Coordinator Process. With Cagalli some small amount may have been done when Kira was taken from the womb. And with Shinn, we have no background whatsoever on his parents. For all we know Shinn's mother or father was Dullindal's childhood friend.

Niteshade
Fri, 08-26-2005, 03:37 PM
This is my first post.

I have been reading the various posts regarding what the destiny plan might be. I think that the plan has already been in effect. The SEED that is often referenced, I think is what has already been 'planted'. A few people who have this SEED, as you know, show extraordinary abilities, even beyond that of the normal Coordinator.

I believe that a lot of the heads of governments and other high level people within some of these countries know something about this plan. Cagalli's father knew about it. Dullindal, Priest Markio, Kleuze, Lacus' father, Muu's father (from whom Kleuze was cloned), Kira's 'parents' and even Athrun's father. Probably even Djibril and his Blue Cosmos (hence his fear).

Kira, among these SEEDs (so far Kira, Athrun, Shin, Cagalli, Lacus) is different in that he was 'grown' in a machine, separated from his twin sister Cagalli and was probably modified beyond the normal Coordinator. He is the perfection of that plan and that is probably why Kleuze wanted to destroy him so much. Don't forget that Muu's father, though not a Coordinator was envious of the abilities and potential of the Coordinators. Kleuze remembers Kira when Athrun told him about Kira and he later made reference how he thought that Kira had died from those earlier experiments to create SEEDs born from a machine, during their encounter on Colony Mendel. I have to rewatch the Dullindal flashback episode with Kleuze from Destiny, because I think there is some detail there that shows that they had different views on the plan, and I think that since Kleuze realized that he could never realize that SEED potential for himself, he really wanted to destroy Kira and anybody else who would want to get that potential, as shown in their final battle in Gundam Seed. Dullindal knows who Kira is very well and what he could be and probably that is why he fears him so.

I think that the match between Athrun and Lacus was by design to test the results of a SEED union, a test of the Destiny Plan. I wondered why Cagalli's father and now Dullindal were fearful to have Kira together with Cagalli and Lacus. Maybe there is a potential there that they realized during their experiments on Mendel.

Djibril most likely knows the potential of the SEED, as his Blue Cosmos organization created Coordinators in the first place.

Marcis
Fri, 08-26-2005, 03:49 PM
In that case Kira+Lacus is even better pair. Kira is Ultimate Coordinator+Another Coordinator=SuperSayan? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
But if seriously their union is something Dullindal considers to be a great threat to his plans.

Black_Wing
Fri, 08-26-2005, 06:33 PM
is cagilli a natural or a corrdiantor ? i have sen her go seed once before

Deckz
Fri, 08-26-2005, 06:41 PM
she's a natural...

yup she did go seed when 1 of the astray girls died...

PSJ
Fri, 08-26-2005, 07:02 PM
SEED isn't only something coordinators possess. SEED is one step further in human evolution thus Cagalli as a natural can possess it to.

Splash!
Mon, 08-29-2005, 06:17 PM
@Niteshade Blue Cosmos created coordinators? What!!! i never knew that?

aznroyale
Mon, 08-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by: splash
@Niteshade Blue Cosmos created coordinators? What!!! i never knew that?

lol you make me laugh yes they did

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-29-2005, 07:35 PM
What the fuck are you guys talking about... George Glenn was the one who revealed the coordinator technology, and he was by no means either a Blue Cosmos or a racist. In fact, it's rumored that Blue Cosmos assassinated him.

Why would Blue Cosmos create something just to destroy it? It's an organization that is against manipulating genes, which on a greater scale has given birth to blatant racism.

Also, from the official english Gundam site for Seed:

---

George Glenn's Confession. As George Glenn departs for Jupiter aboard the Tsiolkovsky, he reveals the existence of Coordinators, and releases the necessary genetic engineering techniques onto the worldwide network. The world is thrown into chaos by these events.

In the name of environmental protection, the pressure group Blue Cosmos declares itself adamantly opposed to Coordinator technology.

---

Get your facts straight, kids...

masamuneehs
Mon, 08-29-2005, 09:21 PM
What if Niteshade is right?

What if Blue Cosmos (or more likely Logos) created the technology and amassed the knowledge needed to produce Coordinators, but then began to fear what they had created and then shunned it? I mean, think about it, who else had the resources and connections to engineer a project like the 1st Coordinator? I can actually see Logos starting Coordinators off, but then becoming dominated by Blue Cosmos radicals who are afraid of losing their cushy positions in society to better Coordinators?

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-29-2005, 09:26 PM
If that's a random theory, then it's well thought out. But if you're trying to state a fact, you're wrong.

LokeXero
Tue, 08-30-2005, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
What if Niteshade is right?

What if Blue Cosmos (or more likely Logos) created the technology and amassed the knowledge needed to produce Coordinators, but then began to fear what they had created and then shunned it? I mean, think about it, who else had the resources and connections to engineer a project like the 1st Coordinator? I can actually see Logos starting Coordinators off, but then becoming dominated by Blue Cosmos radicals who are afraid of losing their cushy positions in society to better Coordinators?

Which is why Logos created the Druggies to defeat Coordinators?. Its plausible at least...

Takeda Natsuke
Tue, 08-30-2005, 01:49 PM
To be specifically honest, the Wikipedia definition sort of has me confused. It states that Seed mode can be obtained through situations where someone battles with a particular resolve.

Now the definition itself is right in my opinion, but it leaves a huge question mark on certain cracaters. Rey for example. He has ALWAYS had a particular resolve and in my opinion, is just as calm as Kira is. Don't you think Rey should have gone SEED mode as well? Now before I asked this, I realized that Rey is a Newtype, but Kira, in a sense, is becoming a Newtype as well since he has the ability to sense other Newtypes.

And what about Dullindal? It states in the definition that Lacus entered SEED mode after a long philosophical conversation by herself about nature and death. As we know, Dullindal also had the same experience when he played his chess set on one of the episodes were he was remembering his past and applying the ideals he's learned in the present war.

I ALSO never really noticed that there were two types of SEED modes. What ALSO shocked me more was that Athrun was able to get one of the SEED modes BEFORE Kira did, which I give him props to.

Indeed, SEED mode is too confusing, because there really is no one perfect definition for it. If anyone could do it when the situation arises, then practically by now everyone can do it. You have to remember that it's not always Athrun, Kira, and Shinn that could be having these dramatic moments. in fact, someone else can probably have it as well. Honestly, I'd REALLY LOVE to see some random pilot on an Astray go SEED mode. That would be SOOOO cool! lol

Splash!
Tue, 08-30-2005, 02:17 PM
i think it is pretty obvious from the show that BLue Cosmos DID NOT create coordinators and in fact i think this argument should end because it is a stupid one that just started because a new forum member probably wasnt thinking straight when he/she was typing his/her post

PSJ
Tue, 08-30-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by: Takeda Natsuke
To be specifically honest, the Wikipedia definition sort of has me confused. It states that Seed mode can be obtained through situations where someone battles with a particular resolve.

Now the definition itself is right in my opinion, but it leaves a huge question mark on certain cracaters. Rey for example. He has ALWAYS had a particular resolve and in my opinion, is just as calm as Kira is. Don't you think Rey should have gone SEED mode as well? Now before I asked this, I realized that Rey is a Newtype, but Kira, in a sense, is becoming a Newtype as well since he has the ability to sense other Newtypes.

And what about Dullindal? It states in the definition that Lacus entered SEED mode after a long philosophical conversation by herself about nature and death. As we know, Dullindal also had the same experience when he played his chess set on one of the episodes were he was remembering his past and applying the ideals he's learned in the present war.

I ALSO never really noticed that there were two types of SEED modes. What ALSO shocked me more was that Athrun was able to get one of the SEED modes BEFORE Kira did, which I give him props to.

Indeed, SEED mode is too confusing, because there really is no one perfect definition for it. If anyone could do it when the situation arises, then practically by now everyone can do it. You have to remember that it's not always Athrun, Kira, and Shinn that could be having these dramatic moments. in fact, someone else can probably have it as well. Honestly, I'd REALLY LOVE to see some random pilot on an Astray go SEED mode. That would be SOOOO cool! lol

That definition is flawed in my opinion. It is true but it is only half of it. As i said in my first post in this thread SEED mode is the next step in human evolution so anyone can obtain the power to go SEED but these people need a resolve to be able to go SEED. It is possible that neither Dullindal nor Rey posess the SEED and that is the reason they haven't gone SEED. It isn't exactly a common trait.

As fr there being 2 types of SEED mode that is incorrect. There is only one SEED mode which you usually first get when you are emotionally pressured, in time you can learn how to turn it on and off by will.

As for Athrun going SEED before Kira can you give me a reference to where Athrun goes SEED first? I remember Kira going SEED when he has to protect the AA from Blitz and does so with a Knee kick to Blitz's chest in ep 11 i think.

Kovash
Tue, 08-30-2005, 06:23 PM
Just a few points.

- The differences in SEED mode animation don't nessicarily denote an entirely different type of SEED, I'm more inclined to believe that they just sped up the (very slow) animation form the original SEED activation to get it over and done with. Who maintains Wikipedia anyway? I thought it relied on submissions from readers.

- Lacus going SEED? I remeber the theory and I thought it was pretty weird that she got the eyes but had no animation. But would would be the point? She just sits in the chair and watches everything happening, the only order she's ever given was acctually a request to get Eternal launched. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

- Blue Cosmos was ORIGNALY a very small religious group that was opposed to various things, the Coordinators beign one of them. Eventually it's ranks became populated with fanatics against the Coordinators and people just started using it as an excuse, sort of like a banner of war. Oh, and Blue Cosmos had nothing to do with the creation of George Glenn, they were a religion against that sort of thing.

- As for the requirements for SEED mode, Wkipedia is right to some regaurd. 'Seed mode can be obtained through situations where someone battles with a particular resolve'. Powerful, desperate desires seem to activate SEED mode, as everyone who has ever attained SEED mode has been fighting against overwhelming odds in order to protect their beliefs. Rey has never been desperate about anything, so he can't do SEED. Though why Kira later gains the ability to use SEED whever he desires is still unexplained.

Takeda Natsuke
Tue, 08-30-2005, 08:11 PM
You missed my reasoning when i said Athrun got SEED first. I said I thought there were two types of SEED modes, and Athrun was able to activate the second SEED mode. The definition said that Shinn and Athrun were able to get the second type of SEED mode and Kira soon followed, so I gave Athrun props for getting to that point first.

ArcZero
Tue, 08-30-2005, 09:34 PM
i don't think shinn ever activated the second seed mode. according to wikipedia, the first seed mode is shown with a the seed shattering and the second with a seed exploding with a vertical nova. i've only seen shinn's seed shatter.

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-30-2005, 11:50 PM
There are no different seed modes, Wikipedia is wrong (as usual).

About Lacus going Seed: She was hardly really in Seed mode, I think she probably looked extra determined for the occasion (endbattle and all). I mean, we didn't even see the Seed explosion.

What's really strange is Cagalli going Seed. That was totally random and only happened once, and caused the whole "can naturals go seed?" debate. So fucked up.

KapsLocked
Tue, 08-30-2005, 11:52 PM
..... or it can just be that Cagalli has slight coordinator tendencies. She IS Kira's brother, right?

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-30-2005, 11:55 PM
Yeah, but she wasn't genetically enhanced like Kira was. Leading people to believe that the Seed thing isn't even related to being a Coordinator. This whole thing could be solved if the manuscript writers stopped checking each others' asses out, and started writing some damn explanations to the stupid random shit happening in this show.

KapsLocked
Wed, 08-31-2005, 12:52 AM
Yep. *I* think everything would be solved if they found out Cagalli's just some sort of half-coordinator. :3

... but they don't seem to like explaining things to well. It's like they want to leave some bits out for some other scriptwriters to mess up. :\

ArcZero
Wed, 08-31-2005, 04:46 AM
Or she could be a coordinator and not know about it.

PSJ
Wed, 08-31-2005, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by: Takeda Natsuke
You missed my reasoning when i said Athrun got SEED first. I said I thought there were two types of SEED modes, and Athrun was able to activate the second SEED mode. The definition said that Shinn and Athrun were able to get the second type of SEED mode and Kira soon followed, so I gave Athrun props for getting to that point first.

What? Athrun and Shinn hasn't gone SEED before Kira. Kira did it early in SEED and Athrun later. Shinn wasn't even in SEED so there are no way he could have gone SEED before Kira. There are not 2 diffrent types of SEED mode, try to read some of the replies here instead of just writing your own. Wikipedia sucks.

masamuneehs
Wed, 08-31-2005, 09:45 AM
OK, now people are saying that there are 2 different types of SEED modes?!?

When are they displayed, what are the differences between them, and how do we know who was able to get to that second level first?

Please clarify, you're rotting my mind with your empty banter.

Oh, and I was just giving some spotlight to the Logos/Blue Cosmos created Coordinators, but then realized what a threat they could be and tried to destroy them, creating the EAF druggies as a countermeasure. It just sounded like one of the crazy conspiracy theories that has a chance of winding up true in anime.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Wed, 08-31-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
OK, now people are saying that there are 2 different types of SEED modes?!?

When are they displayed, what are the differences between them, and how do we know who was able to get to that second level first?

Please clarify, you're rotting my mind with your empty banter.

Oh, and I was just giving some spotlight to the Logos/Blue Cosmos created Coordinators, but then realized what a threat they could be and tried to destroy them, creating the EAF druggies as a countermeasure. It just sounded like one of the crazy conspiracy theories that has a chance of winding up true in anime.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/AtHRunOwNZaLL/capture.jpg

as you can see this one scatters some light stuff around, there is no vertical red line
this is seed mode obtained by anger or something, kira used it in all his battles with the strike
shinn always uses this type of seed mode
athrun never used this

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/AtHRunOwNZaLL/capture1.jpg

as you can see there is a red vertical line when it explodes
this is seed mode obtained when you have a strong desire to do something and completely focused on a resolve, this seed mode is said to be activated anytime you want when you have those feelings
kira obtained this after he got freedom
athrun always used this even on his first seed mode
shinn has never used this type yet

all this info i got from wikipedia, i just typed it in my own words

PSJ
Wed, 08-31-2005, 03:40 PM
They simply re-did the animation for it. No big deal. There is only one kind of SEED mode.

KapsLocked
Wed, 08-31-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ
They simply re-did the animation for it. No big deal. There is only one kind of SEED mode.

I don't think so. If they re-did the animation, why does Shinn still use the old one?

In any case, I think there's the Bezerker SEED mode, which Kira used in GS when he first could do it, and the only one Shinn has used so far.

As stated before, Kira and Athrun have a more focused SEED mode.

EDIT: Just watched both episode 42 and 43 of GSD. Athrun and Kira both have distinctly different SEED explosions than Shinn.

PSJ
Wed, 08-31-2005, 04:17 PM
It is all the same until explained otherwise. SEED mode is simply the next step in hman evolution and does not have 2 steps.

KapsLocked
Wed, 08-31-2005, 04:37 PM
It is all the same until explained otherwise. SEED mode is simply the next step in hman evolution and does not have 2 steps.

And why CAN'T they have two steps? In evolution, we came from apes, but the apes weren't wiped out - some of them developed into orangutans, monkeys, and gorillas. This all happens generally at the same time, no?

PSJ
Wed, 08-31-2005, 04:43 PM
It can't be that way because it is pure speculations. Try to stick to the few facts we have.

chriscant
Wed, 08-31-2005, 04:57 PM
iv actually seen seed mode used in the anime Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu, tho it was a spoof of it

Splash!
Wed, 08-31-2005, 05:15 PM
@Chriscant :
lol, yes but that doesnt really help explain what it is

oh and what does it matter if Shinn hasnt obtained the focused SEED mode. He can still push Kira back with his berserker SEED. Actually i agree with PSJ in assuming that there is only one SEED mode. That second big explosion is probably only used with someone who is pissed off to add to dramatic effect. It is not a different SEED mode. Its just an alternate animation that the Fukuda probably thought suited shinn more.

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-31-2005, 09:31 PM
Okay, I'm going to say this one more time. Everybody, read this closely...

THERE

IS

NO

FUCKING

SECOND

SEED

MODE

---

STOP THE DISCUSSION. THIS IS OFFICIAL.

ArcZero
Wed, 08-31-2005, 09:38 PM
hmm...... i dunno.... the supposed different seed modes seem to affect them differently. the "berserker" seed mode that shinn always uses is self explanatory while kira and asuran seem to more calm and collected when they go into seed mode. it might just be different state of minds. now i'm not saying that there are different seed modes or that one is stronger than the other but perhaps there are just different ways of achieving it like through sheer rage or determination.

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-31-2005, 09:41 PM
That is only because Shinn is more pissed off in nature. It's natural that different characters behave differently under such circumstances.

Edit: Also, it has never been said that anger triggers Seed mode. The reason to why Kira & Athrun are more calm and collected are, again, that they just are that way personality wise. It might also be because they have more experience, who knows.

ArcZero
Wed, 08-31-2005, 09:52 PM
Ah that's true but it also has never been said that anger won't trigger seed mode. (^_^)

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-31-2005, 10:04 PM
I think it's rather safe to assume that Seed mode triggers when the person has an insane desire to do something (which mostly is either protect someone/something or to defeat someone).

It just so happens that you are usually angered when you want to do something which you can't normally achieve, which triggers Plot Device mode.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Wed, 08-31-2005, 10:48 PM
i'm going to still stick with wikipedia's info

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-31-2005, 11:37 PM
Yeah, that's great, stick with some info that a random person CONTRIBUTED instead of the OFFICIAL SOURCES.

ArcZero
Thu, 09-01-2005, 12:30 AM
you gotta admit though, wikipedia does make some sense. besides, at this point there's no right or wrong answer because of the fact that it hasn't been explained in the show yet. and chances are, they won't even explain it at all.

rengoku
Thu, 09-01-2005, 02:21 AM
i'm just curious where the people that say that SEED is not divided into 2 diff. types are getting their info.

Also, i believe its more hearsay but i do recall reading an article before that the producer of SEED dismissed "SEED Mode" as not a special ability but more of a visual representation of someone pushing themselves to the limit of their abilities for whatever reason. Again its only hearsay, so dont go ballistic.

Likewise somewhere up there someone mentioned SEED-Mode as somekinda evolutionary thing...dude..that makes no friggin sense...lol

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-01-2005, 08:20 AM
The wikipedia info was contributed by someone who, like the majority of you, misunderstood Andy when he called Kira a Berserker. What he meant to say was that Kira was a type of combatant which can push his limits and blah blahlbalblahlahlahahlkdsokaokfsfsa in other words a user of what we call the Seed mode. Then some idiot thought that Andy meant that there is a second Seed mode, and then this idiot had some friends which were equally stupid and incapable of understanding the truth.

Now, I am sure no-one here wants to be an idiot, so please just for the love of Yzak just accept the fact that there is only one "Seed mode", no more no less, and shut up about Wikipedia because it's WRONG.

PSJ
Thu, 09-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Terra is right and you need to accept it. I have been saying it to from my first post in this thread. Now please stop being morons and accept that you arw wrong, there is no second SEED mode and there is nothing called the berserker mode.

ArcZero
Thu, 09-01-2005, 01:09 PM
the fact of the matter is nothing has been explained in the anime yet so you can't say whose right or wrong. there MAY be 2 different types. or seed mode will eventually turn shinn into the hulk. who knows........ and whose to say that wikipedia is wrong?? we're all just taking guesses at this point. (^_^)

Edit: and i'm not saying that there are 2 different seed modes. i'm just saying it's a possibility.

Guardian_2000
Thu, 09-01-2005, 02:26 PM
While you can say there is only one type of seed more there is no indication to support whether there is one or two officially. If you bark saying your right well ur wrong till its said officially. We're only making educated guesses. Going from what the show has shown us there are two different aspects of entering seed. Some people can enter at will under controleld circumstances. When they do they seem to use a certain animation. If however the person goes into seed mode out of rage or anger uncontrolled they seem to have a different animation for going seed. The actions of those that enter seed mode this way tend to be more agressive and direct. The term Beserker most likely came from Andy's view of how Kira would suddenly go all beserker. And its true he didn't quite have control of going seed at that point. However later on he could enter seed in a more focused state.

Whether some people like it or not there is no real evidence on the contrary to deny this. This has enough evidence to support as does the other viewpoint on it. We'll just have to wait and see if the SEED factor is explained in any further detail later on. As for the comments made about Wikipedia it is a submission based site. But that means other people who are more knowledgable can come in and update the site as well. Best practice is to find a second sort that supports what you may have read at wikipedia.

PSJ
Thu, 09-01-2005, 02:37 PM
In the original SEED series both Athrun and Kira could do it in a controlled manner and there was simply one animation so this new animation is simply a re-animation of entering SEED. It may mean that they have mastered SEED mode on a diffrent level than Shinn but it is still no indication to that there are 2 diffrent SEED modes.

It is the same as mastering any other skill, A beginner does it without much grace but he succeeds in it. A person that can do it on a higher level also does it more gracefully. Well not the best comparasion but you should be able to understand it.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Thu, 09-01-2005, 02:43 PM
In the original SEED series both Athrun and Kira could do it in a controlled manner and there was simply one animation so this new animation is simply a re-animation of entering SEED. It may mean that they have mastered SEED mode on a diffrent level than Shinn but it is still no indication to that there are 2 diffrent SEED modes.

not true, all of kira's seed modes had the same animation as shinn's until after he got freedom, after that his seed mode animation became like athrun's

PSJ
Thu, 09-01-2005, 02:47 PM
I am talking the original SEED, am i wrong here? give me some proof as i don't have SEED on my comp. Could you also give me episode references to this?

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Thu, 09-01-2005, 02:56 PM
episode 30 of seed when athrun fights kira, after athrun kills tolle kira goes seed and it shows the same animation as shinn's seed mode then after that kira slashes aegis' arm then kicks it's head then athrun goes seed and it shows the so-called "controlled or more focused" seed animation where there's a red vertical line, or when the archangel lands in the desert(forgot the episode number) then they get jumped by bcues and kira went seed after having sex with fllay and it shows shinn's seed mode animation and i think it showed that same animation when he went seed and gave yzak that scar

PSJ
Thu, 09-01-2005, 03:15 PM
I am familiar with the SEED mode animation kira got. Any picture references?

rengoku
Thu, 09-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
The wikipedia info was contributed by someone who, like the majority of you, misunderstood Andy when he called Kira a Berserker. What he meant to say was that Kira was a type of combatant which can push his limits and blah blahlbalblahlahlahahlkdsokaokfsfsa in other words a user of what we call the Seed mode. Then some idiot thought that Andy meant that there is a second Seed mode, and then this idiot had some friends which were equally stupid and incapable of understanding the truth.

Now, I am sure no-one here wants to be an idiot, so please just for the love of Yzak just accept the fact that there is only one "Seed mode", no more no less, and shut up about Wikipedia because it's WRONG.

actually i dont really misunderstand the fact that Andy referred to Kira as a berserker only cuz that seems to be his personality trait in a pinch. i likewise dont agree it has anything to do with SEED...while i'm not supporting the view of a dual SEED mode theory..i'm just curious where people that are yelling theres only one are getting their sources from or else their point is just as equally valid as the one on wikipedia considering their both opinionated sources

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Thu, 09-01-2005, 03:49 PM
I am familiar with the SEED mode animation kira got. Any picture references?

can wmp or media player classic rip stuff out?

PSJ
Thu, 09-01-2005, 04:32 PM
You just need screens which you can make with ctrl+i in WMP.

alukard
Thu, 09-01-2005, 06:05 PM
animation as shinn's seed mode then after that kira slashes aegis' arm then kicks it's head then athrun goes seed and it shows the so-called "controlled or more focused" seed animation where there's a red

---
There's no such thing as a more focused S.E.E.D. Athrun's state of mind was equally distorted as Kira's when he tried to blow him up. You miss the part where Athrun did that because he was "taking revenge for Nicol's death." If you read the facial expression on Athrun, and you can tell Athrun was no more focused than Kira. Just because Athrun didnt say anything doesn't mean he's concentrating more than Kira; he might just have been shocked and ran out of words. Kira yelling at Athrun after he killed Tolle doesn't mean Kira is enraged because he killed Nicol by accident as he was trying to defend himself. He was like...Athrun...wait it's a mistake and Athrun was like Fk you're dead! After that Kira was also enraged because Athrun took out Tolle. Tolle who piloted that plane was Kira's friend as Nicol was to Athrun and besides Athrun knew he still owed Kira for Miguel's death so that makes Athrun's seed mode even more volatile. If that's the case the animations would explain nothing but contradictions.

Sometimes a berserker, a for lack of words, would seem normal but brewing a tempest inside of them that's just waiting to happen even though they seem completely composed while the ones that seemed calm and say in alot of words are all talk but is shaking in their pants. All talk & no action. Work with your hands not with your mouth. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

If anything, Nicol's death had as much impact on Athrun as Tolle's death to Kira if not more.

ArcZero
Thu, 09-01-2005, 10:51 PM
there is one episode in GS that might prove that there is a berserker seed mode. i forgot which episode but it was the one when kira fought andy in that orange thingy (which i've forgotten the name of). but at the end of the fight when kira thought he killed him (after going seed mode of course), he screamed out something like "i didn't wanna kill him". this kinda shows that he wasn't really in control of his actions. i dunno if he did it by accident or not but during the fight, he didn't seem like he was trying to hold back or anything

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-01-2005, 10:55 PM
I give up. You're all idiots.

ArcZero
Thu, 09-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by: AtHRunOwNZaLL

not true, all of kira's seed modes had the same animation as shinn's until after he got freedom, after that his seed mode animation became like athrun's

actually there are 3 animations for entering seed. first there's the one that kira had before he got freedom. then there's the one that kira and asuran currently have. and finally there's the 3rd which has only been shown for shinn.

Edit: Terra, some of us just so happen to be very stubborn. and if they ever do explain about seed mode, some people will feel dumb and others won't while some won't even care.

Vince Flyte
Thu, 09-01-2005, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by: ArcZero
there is one episode in GS that might prove that there is a berserker seed mode. i forgot which episode but it was the one when kira fought andy in that orange thingy (which i've forgotten the name of). but at the end of the fight when kira thought he killed him (after going seed mode of course), he screamed out something like "i didn't wanna kill him". this kinda shows that he wasn't really in control of his actions. i dunno if he did it by accident or not but during the fight, he didn't seem like he was trying to hold back or anything

He had control, when Kira said "i didn't want to kill him" he really don't want to kill Andy...

ArcZero
Thu, 09-01-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by: Vince Flyte

He had control, when Kira said "i didn't want to kill him" he really don't want to kill Andy...

ah yes i already know he didn't want to kill andy but what i'm saying is he didn't seem like he had control when he was <u>fighting</u> andy. well after he went seed mode that is.

PSJ
Fri, 09-02-2005, 07:16 AM

Originally posted by: AtHRunOwNZaLL

actually there are 3 animations for entering seed. first there's the one that kira had before he got freedom. then there's the one that kira and asuran currently have. and finally there's the 3rd which has only been shown for shinn.

Edit: Terra, some of us just so happen to be very stubborn. and if they ever do explain about seed mode, some people will feel dumb and others won't while some won't even care.

OH MY GOD THERE IS 3 SEED MODES!!!!!!!!

I agree with Terra on this one.

alukard
Fri, 09-02-2005, 09:36 AM
Well that makes that the 4th seed mode because Lacus's seed mode has no animation. Her seed mode had no explosion, no diagonal flash, just the dilated eyes unless the director got lazy in episode 49/50 and thought he could 'sneak in' a few scenes of characters w/ seed including Cagalli's or that his cutting and pasting habit became sloppy.

masamuneehs
Fri, 09-02-2005, 10:48 AM
Most people here are idiots, but that doesn't mean the more intelligent of us shouldn't try to explain to them.

I still believe there is only 1 Seed Mode. We have never heard of more than one, at least not in the actual series. I don't really trust Wikipedia for anime information because any psycho otaku could conjecture anything about such a vague topic, left vague by the lack of explanation the series does on it, and it could get posted.

As for Lacus' supposed Seed Mode eyes in those episodes, I believe the animators were trying to give her a blank expression as she tries to not be saddened by all the death and killing going on around her (that she is taking part in) and accidentally made it similair to the Seed Eyes.

As for going Seed on a whim or by losing control to one's own emotions, I believe it doesn't make the Seed mode any different at all. All that does is make the pilot act differently in the battle. Calm people will act more rational. Angered ones more aggressive and bold.

As for Kira's "I didn't want to kill him" about Andy in the desert battle in seed. That doesn't mean he necessarily lost control of his emotions BECAUSE OF SEED MODE. People can lose themselves in battle and everything starts to happen so fast that you don't really know what you're doing, but just acting on your instincts and reactions. I think Kira said that because afterwards he remembered what a normal and decent guy Andrew Waldfeld really was (he'd met him face-to-face earlier) and that Waldfeld had been absolutley right about him, that Kira was still unable to control himself in battle. that was actually one of the things that made me like Kira in the Seed series, he was human then.