PDA

View Full Version : Villan Comparison Seed v Destiny

Black_Wing
Mon, 08-22-2005, 11:19 AM
Althoguh this might be a trick ? for some wanted to know who was a better villain . Azarel- Kleuze, Or Dulliandal
or Dijibril

This depends on your view some view Kira as a villan etc.

i vote klezue he was filled with alotta riddles and was well crazy yet cool most of all he had a mask and the psychi thing with mwu and providence which got rid of that annoying fley . Chairman is #2 for being gay and devious have the miachel jackson factor. I know i gotta alotta typos so what

PSJ
Mon, 08-22-2005, 11:36 AM
Djibril is the man, if his subordinates had a working brain he would rule this show.

Black_Wing
Mon, 08-22-2005, 11:41 AM
i think azarel was more cruel though he wanted nuke evrything although they are both similar alot except for dijbril has purple lipstick and a fetish for cats

Splash!
Mon, 08-22-2005, 11:55 AM
nah of all of them Rau is the biggest villain cause he wants to see HUMANITY eliminated. Azrael just wished death to all coordinators, kinda same for Djibril too though hes making money too being part of logos and all. The chairman, in his own way, seeks to rectify society through everything so you can say that in a way, he seeks the good of humanity, but is adopting the wrong methods to bring about an end to conflict as it will eventually end up screwing mankind

Patrick Zala was a big villain too but i doubt theres a need to put him in since he wasnt a very popular character

Black_Wing
Mon, 08-22-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by: splash
nah of all of them Rau is the biggest villain cause he wants to see HUMANITY eliminated. Azrael just wished death to all coordinators, kinda same for Djibril too though hes making money too being part of logos and all. The chairman, in his own way, seeks to rectify society through everything so you can say that in a way, he seeks the good of humanity, but is adopting the wrong methods to bring about an end to conflict as it will eventually end up screwing mankind

Patrick Zala was a big villain too but i doubt theres a need to put him in since he wasnt a very popular character

Good point you brought out I can't find epsiodes 45-50 seed ill just get it from my neighbor. He was talking about he was the product of mankinds watever and all

Yeah Rau leads ^ ^

aznimperialx
Mon, 08-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Rau was the coolest i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

Death13a
Mon, 08-22-2005, 01:19 PM
too bad the Patrick Zala isn't there. Kinda liked the character But never the less Rau Le Creuset was the main villain of Seed.

Motteh
Mon, 08-22-2005, 01:20 PM
Rau of course, he basically engineered the whole war heating up
and as for Patrick Zala being a big villain, i myself saw him more as a puppet of Rau, ofcourse Mr. Zala thought differently (as did everyone else)

to PSJ, Djibril would've ruled if the plot device wasn't there, otherwise it wouldn't have been possible that the Destroys were taken down that easily

edit: ofcourse this is up untill now, who knows what Dullindal or Rey (or Dullindal and Rey) may pull out the old hat

PSJ
Mon, 08-22-2005, 02:07 PM
Wow, i can't believe how popular it is to blame fukuda and plot devices everything something isn't going the right way. Sure it's correct but it sort of destorys all discussion.

Djibril for the win, why aren't you voting for the purple lipped man with the cat?

ChaosK
Mon, 08-22-2005, 02:48 PM
rau, he wanted to kill everything, and it seemed like he had everything planned out so well until kira came and shitted in his face.

Curium
Mon, 08-22-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by: Death13a
too bad the Patrick Zala isn't there. Kinda liked the character But never the less Rau Le Creuset was the main villain of Seed.

Keep in mind that "Chairman" is one of the options. That could apply to either Zala or Dullindal since it wasn't specified.

FelixZeroAlastor
Mon, 08-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Rau wins because he was so freakin evil that he planned ahead with Rey and Dullindal and there is the fact that he drove the awsome Providence Gundam.

PSJ
Mon, 08-22-2005, 05:00 PM
But djibril got purple lipstick and a black cat.

FelixZeroAlastor
Mon, 08-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ
But djibril got purple lipstick and a black cat.

That purple lipstick is an eyesore and I havn't seen that cat in a lllooooooooonnnnnnggggggggg time. Rau is coolest cause even though he died he is still affecting all of Seed through other characters.

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-22-2005, 05:34 PM
How can Rey have 0 votes (well, 1 now i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif), he's by far the most interesting "villain" (though I don't find that term to fit him particularly well - at least not until he's done something truly "evil".)

He's easily the most complex Destiny character. And his being on the bad side so to speak is still one of those things which I enjoyed through the roof in Destiny.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Mon, 08-22-2005, 08:37 PM
chairman dullindal because that guy so soooo slick and has gotten away with most things and he is obviously evil trying to create this new world

Black_Wing
Mon, 08-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Ok I redid poles to make it more clear NOW PLZ VOTE ^ ^

I dont like shinn but I think with out rey messing with his head and telling him what to do he would be ok . Rey seems like one of those silent ones who is plotting to kill you while always giving a smile. I also gave them nicknames. Sorry but the end of 44 with him setting on the thrown In Messiah reminded me of Micheal Jackson except without the children and all. Dullindal is also good in manipulating the media with proproganda and only telling the whole truth . Who knows .....

However we got six more episodes so well see.

Sano
Mon, 08-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Hm, I think Rau and Dullindal are evil, but they have their reasons for doing what they did/do. But Dullindal had very different views from Rau (recall the episode where dullindal was thinking to himself about the past with Rau). I'm guessin in the end of the series, we might see Dullindal lose his composure and 'crack' and seriously transform from his controlled state into one with no control.

DDBen
Mon, 08-22-2005, 10:49 PM
Wow, i can't believe how popular it is to blame fukuda and plot devices everything something isn't going the right way. Sure it's correct but it sort of destorys all discussion.

Djibril for the win, why aren't you voting for the purple lipped man with the cat?

Djibril simply can't be chosen as his evil cat is currently MIA and without his kitty of doom his evil factor is simply to low to compete.

PSJ
Tue, 08-23-2005, 08:25 AM
He still got purple lipstick. That rules all of the others.

telemari
Tue, 08-23-2005, 12:46 PM
Rey! he is SO evil. I hope he will betray Gil at the worst moment and set for the world destruction in footsteps of his father (mother, clone, whatever)!

masamuneehs
Tue, 08-23-2005, 12:58 PM
I also like Rey the best. I love the mostly quiet villains that don't just employ crazy Doomsday devices and laugh like idiots. I think a calm and collected villain is so much cooler than a laughing crazy (NOTE: this does not apply to Kefka, Dilandau or Sephiroth, they were cool) because you can relate to them and almost want to leave the good guys to join with them.

Rey is also cool because hs is IN Shinn's head! I love the villains that fuck with the main character (or, rather, who used to be the main character)

Dullindal was way up there for me, but then episode 43 comes out and he's so blown away that Lacus is alive and in ORB, totally making him look like a piece of shit. Honestly, for someone so smart HOW , HOW do you leave the most dangerous threat to you alive!?!? I just lost all respect to him that Lacus could flout him so easilly, especially because she could have done the same thing at ANY TIME during the series (though the effect was much greater appearing next to Cagalli after Yuna was deposed)

Cion
Tue, 08-23-2005, 01:15 PM
Rau > Gil > Rey in that order

Splash!
Wed, 08-24-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
How can Rey have 0 votes (well, 1 now ), he's by far the most interesting "villain" (though I don't find that term to fit him particularly well - at least not until he's done something truly "evil".)

He's easily the most complex Destiny character. And his being on the bad side so to speak is still one of those things which I enjoyed through the roof in Destiny.

How is Rey interesting? Hes not really that interesting. The only reason he seems interesting is because we dont quite no anything about him. By the time his past is revealed, he will appear to be a much more boring character

ChaosK
Wed, 08-24-2005, 03:21 PM
for all we know rey's a pawn too.

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-24-2005, 04:30 PM
"How is Rey interesting? Hes not really that interesting. The only reason he seems interesting is because we dont quite no anything about him. By the time his past is revealed, he will appear to be a much more boring character"

He plays the piano, he is loyal, he is crafty, and he has a past with Rau.
Also, we were all fooled into thinking he's a goodguy and now he seems to be a villain.
Who else does that apply to in Seed? Nobody. We all knew that Rau was on the bad side from day 1; unlike Rey.
In short, he has many sides to him.

If that's not interesting, then I wonder what you classify as such.

Note also that I don't think that "mysterious pasts" are very interesting at all.
Of course, I want to know what's up, but that's not how I measure what is interesting and what isn't.

PSJ
Wed, 08-24-2005, 05:02 PM
DJI-DJI-DJIBRIL!!!!! I love this genocide driven maniac with lipstick and a cat, you should to!!!

Freki
Wed, 08-24-2005, 08:58 PM
I say go Djibril for killing so many people in the last episode. He wants coordinators dead and he made many coordinators dead, gotta love at least partial results, now if only he didn't make Yuna look like a brilliant tactician in battle he would be set. Plus I have to agree with PSJ the cat and lipstick do add another level to his villanousness.

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-24-2005, 08:59 PM
I also think Djibril is pretty cool, he's funny to watch because everything he does fails.

Kovash
Wed, 08-24-2005, 11:26 PM
So far, i'd have to say Rau le Kluuze is my favourite, if only because he perfectly manipulated all events from behind the scenes, and because his death was OH so cool... oh, and he died thinking he'd won (gotta love that smile he pulls at the end). He wasn't invincible, he acctually got beaten several times but managed to scrape himself up off the ground, dust himself off and continue along with ineffable style.

Second is Azreal, he has the coolest, most maniacal laugh in the world (see the episode when he gets the plans for the N-Jammer Canceler.)

Then there's Dillundal, who is only under Rau because he's got the entire 'good guy' cast suspicious of him. Rau was only found out at the very end. He's under Azreal because he hasn't laughed evily yet.

I don't consider Rey a villain, yet - he needs to do something more than mind-fucking Shinn every episode.

Shinn, because you can sympathise with him and he's confused. If he turns out to be a villain at the end instead of turning good, he'll move up a few spots.

Yzak. It took him exactly 50 episodes to be swayed by Kira's do goodery and still isn't entirely convinced.

Freki
Thu, 08-25-2005, 01:04 AM
I don't know how perfectly Rau manipulated the events. I think the fact that humanity still exists in GSD means he failed at somepoint, but I voted for Djibril who is about as far from a perfect plan as you can get so I guess I shouldn't knock Rau for that. If Dullindal's plan is just the destiny plan I don't know how truly evil he is. He has a legitamite way to bring about peace in the world, I mean as long as people have free will there will be conflicts between people, so far the only evil thing he can be linked to is trying to have Athrun killed because he wasn't useful. There are some things that make it seem like he is behind more, but the show hasn't really provided any proof of him doing anything else. Rey also hasn't really showed much in terms of villany either.

PSJ
Thu, 08-25-2005, 07:25 AM
I feel that the Blue cosmos leaders are at loss in the character background department, we have no idea why they don't like coordinators and why they want to see all of them dead. We simply aren't given the choice to be on Blue Cosmos side. Which is a bad thing the others got a decent background.

DDBen
Thu, 08-25-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by: Freki
I don't know how perfectly Rau manipulated the events. I think the fact that humanity still exists in GSD means he failed at somepoint, but I voted for Djibril who is about as far from a perfect plan as you can get so I guess I shouldn't knock Rau for that. If Dullindal's plan is just the destiny plan I don't know how truly evil he is. He has a legitamite way to bring about peace in the world, I mean as long as people have free will there will be conflicts between people, so far the only evil thing he can be linked to is trying to have Athrun killed because he wasn't useful. There are some things that make it seem like he is behind more, but the show hasn't really provided any proof of him doing anything else. Rey also hasn't really showed much in terms of villany either.

The problem with the Destiny plan is exactly that people have no free will. Your DNA determines your purpose and if you don't care to follow that you need to be killed for the plan to continue. Also as the coordinators are designer babies you can basically say what job you want your child to have. As no parent is going to seek something like garbage collector for there child it creates a problem.

Essentially his plan can never work for the same reason communism will NEVER work. Everyone is differn't and we have free will thus there is no way that you can create 1 test to determine everyones life.

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-25-2005, 09:29 AM
@PSJ: In the Seed Special Editions, there was a short flashback of Azrael which explains why he became racist (more or less).

PSJ
Thu, 08-25-2005, 09:43 AM
That stuff should be in the original show not in the special edition. Good that they got it somwhere though.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Thu, 08-25-2005, 10:26 AM
Who is the better Villain?

Let me see.

Azrael: Was kinda stupid. He got himself betrayed for all the crew of Dominion.

Kuruze (or whichever his name is): Wanted mankind to destroy itself and was close to it or at least in the very right path to it, pretty good Villain.

Djibril: Wait a minute, im not sure what he wants. He wants to destroy ALL CORDINATORS or, CONTROL most part of EARTH MILITARY (like b4 Dullindal brought to the public eye LOGOS) and earn a lot of money, or something else. WHO KNOWS, either way he has looked to me like a PAWN (kinda like a GRUNT VILLAIN) i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

DUllindall: My guess is, he wants to be GOD in a society where the people destiny is chosen at birth. Not as bad Villain like Kuruze.

PPL, we got a winner. RAUL KURUZE IS THE WINNER for wanting total anhiliation of MANKIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. He will receive 500 Billon Dollars so he can achieve his twisted dream, but since he is dead i'll keep the MONEY and buy every GSD MS kit:. I just hope there is enough money left to pay the BUS FARE. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

EDIT: OMG, i forgot two Villains.

PATRICK ZALA: Noble cause, avenge his wife. Still Kuruze had bigger plans and Patrick Zala was a PAWN in them. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

REY: I belive he wants to avenge his daddy. LUCK, Kira killed him. Fuk, i dont see a Villain here, just a bad person who manipulates Shinn (BTW, Very good at that). And is a PAWN of Dullindals.

Mae
Thu, 08-25-2005, 12:26 PM
1. Rau : The best because he seemed so cool and calm on the surface, fooled everyone, but
underneath was a pill-addicted, genocidal maniac. His scenes with Fllay were very creepy.

2. Djibril: Because he has a cat. All the really cool villains have cats. And a frikkin' LAZER, man. And he's one of the few villains smart enough to always have an escape plan.

3. Mwu: He was cool as a villain, but then again he's be cool as a gas station attendant, so there ya go.

4. Patrick Zala: OK as a villain, mainly because he tried to kill his own son.

5. Dullandil: Too pretty, but nicely sneaky, and good at spouting all manner of BS to pursue his ultimate goal. his throne scene in the last ep was cool.

6. Rey: I guess he counts as a villain as Gil's accomplice. He does a good job earlier winning over Shinn by helping him with Stellar, but lately he's seemed impatient and sloppy. I hope we'll finally get his backstory, it would suck if they never go into it. I'm going to hold my judgement of him until the series completes (or he dies). I like the evil concience comparison, I just see him sitting on Shinn's shoulder yelling "Kill! Kill! Kill!"

7. Azreal: Rampantly racist and insane, but no cat. Inferior villain IMO.

PSJ
Thu, 08-25-2005, 02:10 PM
Ahem the evil one was called Neo Lorrnoke. I think we should still refer to him as Neo when he had the helmet thingy as that wasn't really Mwu.

masamuneehs
Thu, 08-25-2005, 03:07 PM
Ahem the evil one was called Neo Lorrnoke. I think we should still refer to him as Neo when he had the helmet thingy as that wasn't really Mwu.

Dude I was just going to say something about that! Neo was a really kickass villain, how he evilly wiped the EAF Druggie Trio V.2.0's brains and exploited them in battle. He also directed the slaughter at Berlin, which was totally evil, as well as the Armory 1 assault.

Now Mwu is good because he's sleeping with Maryu again and not in some brain-removal pod (or however they fucked with his memory) and he's just this stainless goody-twoshoes again!?

Bullshit! Call in the war tribunal and get this man drawn-and-quarted in Berlin's town sqaure. Justic served. And don't give me that BS that he didn't know what he was doing, his memory might have been modified, but he decided to go through with the slaughter of thousands (if not more) civilians by placing that nutcase Stellar in the Destroy and even personally provided support attacks to aid her in the battle. GUILTY!

And Djibril does earn some more points after last episode. I loved his "Of course!" to the question of if he was really going to use Requiem. He also punched Dullindal right in his smug nose. Take that you bitch!

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Thu, 08-25-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs

Dude I was just going to say something about that! Neo was a really kickass villain, how he evilly wiped the EAF Druggie Trio V.2.0's brains and exploited them in battle. He also directed the slaughter at Berlin, which was totally evil, as well as the Armory 1 assault.

Now Mwu is good because he's sleeping with Maryu again and not in some brain-removal pod (or however they fucked with his memory) and he's just this stainless goody-twoshoes again!?

Bullshit! Call in the war tribunal and get this man drawn-and-quarted in Berlin's town sqaure. Justic served. And don't give me that BS that he didn't know what he was doing, his memory might have been modified, but he decided to go through with the slaughter of thousands (if not more) civilians by placing that nutcase Stellar in the Destroy and even personally provided support attacks to aid her in the battle. GUILTY!

And Djibril does earn some more points after last episode. I loved his "Of course!" to the question of if he was really going to use Requiem. He also punched Dullindal right in his smug nose. Take that you bitch!

Dude, did u watch the show? I always noted Neo was not a villain, it had some heart. In the first battle between Minerva and Girty Lue he worried about his soldiers, and wasnt happy deceiving Stellar. Thats why i didnt count him as one.

masamuneehs
Fri, 08-26-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by: SFreedomZGMFx20a
Dude, did u watch the show? I always noted Neo was not a villain, it had some heart. In the first battle between Minerva and Girty Lue he worried about his soldiers, and wasnt happy deceiving Stellar. Thats why i didnt count him as one.

And that makes Neo not a villain? He cared about some subordinates, wasn't happy with what he was going (despite going through with it anyway) "It had some heart" -HE had some heart, so he's not a villain? You my friend have a very narrow conception of what a villain really is.

1. A wicked or evil person; a scoundrel.
2. A dramatic or fictional character who is typically at odds with the hero.
3. (also vln, v-ln) Variant of villein.
4. Something said to be the cause of particular trouble or an evil: poverty, the villain in the increase of crime.
5. Obsolete. A peasant regarded as vile and brutish.

Someone who knows something is wrong and goes through with it is the vilest kind of villain. He may be cool in appearance, be able to manipulate others and trick people into thinkings he's good, but because he's fully aware of what he is doing, the effects those actions have and the harm he inflicts on others, he is a wicked, evil villain.

You probably didn't want to think of Neo as a villain because it was painfully obvious it was Mwu under the mask. And BTW, a commander's worrying about his soldiers shows nothing about his character because #1: You want to keep their morale high. #2: If you don't care about them, you may send them to their deaths and fail the mission later on because you've sustained too many casualties early (exact case in point: first couple fights between Minerva & Girty Lue)

Did you watch the episode before the Destroy rampage? He picks Stellar to do that. He even takes her from Shinn and throws her right back into battle. He lies openly to someone who came to him and asked him to do the right thing, for a change. He laments about hurting Stellar, but never about Auel or Sting. He isn't happy deceiving Stellar, but he uses his relationship with her to stoke her insanity and fears by saying that she must slaughter every "scary thing" that will kill "Neo too?", playing off his affection with her.

And you say this man is not a villain?

Please! Some pithy, two line post that includes an insult at me, a typo, two easily vanquished defenses of the man and your personal opinion won't do the trick.

Splash!
Fri, 08-26-2005, 05:16 PM
what the hell , why does Rey have six votes. Its absurd, Dullindaal should be second. He is a much more sinister and cooler villain than Rey is. For now, Rey's only motives seem to be following Dullindaal and exacting revenge for Rau. Those really arent grand scale evil plans. Dullindaal is a good actor, a behind the scenes know it all, and has a large scale plan for humanity. Plus hes always calm and seemingly in a happy mood and apart from that appearance of Lacus, nothing comes to him as a surprise. Vote for Dullindaal if not Rau

Black_Wing
Fri, 08-26-2005, 06:26 PM
im also verys uprised that we have alotta rey lovers . oddly enough chairman and dijbril have 1 vote ?

And gasps patrick zala 3 votes ? for 3rd place. I didnt think him really has a villain he just didnt seem like bad ass.

Peopel talk about dijbirl alot but he has only one votw wish we all had two votes.

Dijbril did acomplish alot he really messed up plant somehting azarel failed to do has good escape plans and like
weapons of mass destruction. Rey is still a ? but since he is somewhat died to rau gof igure he is #2. Cant wait for the next epsidoes.

dullanidal did maipulate athrun meer and well the old world with propaganda to thinking his way. He also since guys to kill lacus.

Dijibril is start to grown on me he is carefree has strange odd appeal about him just destroy destroy reminds me of dr. evil form autin powers.

PSJ
Fri, 08-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Djibril got 2 votes.

Deckz
Fri, 08-26-2005, 07:33 PM
i vote Rey...not the usual typical villan u see in every anime...

romancing_xaga
Sun, 08-28-2005, 05:23 PM
If someone would be considered as the best villain on the series, I would vote for Krueze. Why? It's just his the best candidate for the position. Traditional villain would be like someone sitting in a chair, petting a some kind of pet, laughing the traditional laugh, (muahahahahaha) If this was the case, Djibril would fit best, but Krueze was a new kind of villain, if possible better kind. He put so much effort into devicing a some sort of twisted scheme. I also like the fact that he gives us the view of him being so mysterious in everyway. I also like his motive of why he is being like that, unlike straight forward reason such as world domination, or annihilation of coordinators. His character development I must say is deep, and having that mask gives more of that feeling or villainy. Not only am I a fan, but Krueze owns everyone!!!!

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Thu, 09-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs

Originally posted by: SFreedomZGMFx20a

And that makes Neo not a villain? He cared about some subordinates, wasn't happy with what he was going (despite going through with it anyway) "It had some heart" -HE had some heart, so he's not a villain? You my friend have a very narrow conception of what a villain really is.

1. A wicked or evil person; a scoundrel.
2. A dramatic or fictional character who is typically at odds with the hero.
3. (also vln, v-ln) Variant of villein.
4. Something said to be the cause of particular trouble or an evil: poverty, the villain in the increase of crime.
5. Obsolete. A peasant regarded as vile and brutish.

Someone who knows something is wrong and goes through with it is the vilest kind of villain. He may be cool in appearance, be able to manipulate others and trick people into thinkings he's good, but because he's fully aware of what he is doing, the effects those actions have and the harm he inflicts on others, he is a wicked, evil villain.

You probably didn't want to think of Neo as a villain because it was painfully obvious it was Mwu under the mask. And BTW, a commander's worrying about his soldiers shows nothing about his character because #1: You want to keep their morale high. #2: If you don't care about them, you may send them to their deaths and fail the mission later on because you've sustained too many casualties early (exact case in point: first couple fights between Minerva & Girty Lue)

Did you watch the episode before the Destroy rampage? He picks Stellar to do that. He even takes her from Shinn and throws her right back into battle. He lies openly to someone who came to him and asked him to do the right thing, for a change. He laments about hurting Stellar, but never about Auel or Sting. He isn't happy deceiving Stellar, but he uses his relationship with her to stoke her insanity and fears by saying that she must slaughter every "scary thing" that will kill "Neo too?", playing off his affection with her.

And you say this man is not a villain?

Please! Some pithy, two line post that includes an insult at me, a typo, two easily vanquished defenses of the man and your personal opinion won't do the trick.

For some reason i never thought of him as a villain, he didnt look to me like the type. So you know, i never knew he was Mwu till the battle against the Destroy. Cant believe i missed that.