PDA

View Full Version : Scenes in Naruto that reminded me of LOTR

XanBcoo
Sat, 08-20-2005, 10:24 PM
Naruto's boring at the moment and there's not much to talk about, so I'll take this opportunity to note something that's always made me laugh.
There are some scenes in Naruto which resemble scenes in LOTR so much it's uncanny.

First is the scene of Tsunade kissing Naruto:
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/1613/narutokiss5as.jpg

and then that scene in LOTR when Galadriel kisses Frodo:
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/1485/lotrkiss6jv.jpg

This one's a bit of a stretch, but still reminds me of LOTR. After Neji kills Kidoumaru, he tearfully looks at the sky as light falls on his face:
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4872/nejicry0mw.jpg

The scene and his movements are so similar to the scene of Aragorn in the Fellowship after Boromir dies:
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/1515/aragorncry3bh.jpg

This is the one that really gets me..."The Valley of the End" in Naruto:
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/3315/narutostatues7ku.jpg

and then in LOTR:
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/4166/lotrstatues6xo.jpg

anyone notice any more? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
(LOTR is on now on TNT btw, I was watching it and remembered wanting to post this)

Cyberdude93
Sun, 08-21-2005, 03:32 AM
One does not simply compare their way into Naruto...

Anyway I doubt there is a connection, but these are good findings.

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-21-2005, 07:04 AM
I am quite sure that Kishimoto had the last comparison in mind when he designed Valley of the End.

Shinda
Sun, 08-21-2005, 12:06 PM
I did think that the valley of the end seemed familiar
but I don't think there's any meant connection

could prolly even find same poses in 'seven years in tibet'

XanBcoo
Sun, 08-21-2005, 12:13 PM
oh, I don't think there's any connection (well, maybe with the valley of the end), these are just funny coincidences.

Phoenix20578
Sun, 08-21-2005, 12:21 PM
Other than the vally of the end, I think your reading to much into this.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 08-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Reading too much into this, what do you mean? Since Neji and Aragorn are facing the same direction there's OBVIOUSLY some connection between the two.

Rek
Sun, 08-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Other question: Who would be the hot elven chick of the series?

INCEST!

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Actually, it's not incest to hook up with your cousin.

PLOT TWIST

DB_Hunter
Sun, 08-21-2005, 02:36 PM
Sorry the last two posts lost me what the hell are we talking about here?

Mut
Sun, 08-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Actually, it's not incest to hook up with your cousin.

PLOT TWIST
Hahaha, nice going Sweden.

XanBcoo
Sun, 08-21-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by: Phoenix20578

The post right above yours has me saying that they are just coincidences. I just thought the similarities were funny. As for the Aragorn one, it's just something that reminds me of that scene - that's all.

I am in no way implying that the two are at all related.

And yes, the incest comments lost me too, but I laughed at Mut's stab at sweden.

masamuneehs
Sun, 08-21-2005, 05:34 PM
My bum is on the Swedish. My bum is on the Swedish. The Swedish.

Um. OK? LOTR compared with Naruto? Ninjas & gigantic war machines & stealth and huge armies. Different races and mythological creatures abound (only Kyubbi in Naruto) Sauron - Oroichimaru? No.

The only similarity I've seen that hasn't gotten mentioned yet is how the Akatuski members all have rings (that seem to imply some evil power) like the Wraiths in LOTR

XanBcoo
Sun, 08-21-2005, 06:56 PM
oh for fuck's sake. I obviously titled this thread wrong.

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-21-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by: xanbcoo

The post right above yours has me saying that they are just coincidences. I just thought the similarities were funny. As for the Aragorn one, it's just something that reminds me of that scene - that's all.

And yes, the incest comments lost me too, but I laughed at Mut's stab at sweden.

I almost had sex with my cousin once.

Is this off-topic? Oh, it is.

*blames it on alcohol which he isn't currently drinking but anyway*

dark maginn
Sun, 08-21-2005, 07:32 PM
lol terra

Jadugar
Sun, 08-21-2005, 09:35 PM
The first scene could be from any anime or film. I would say the same thing about the second scene with Aragorn. Now the last scene was definately copied. I remember when I was watching that episode, Lord of the ring came to my mind.

I dont know when Kimimoto wrote that manga episode but the release of the episode and the film were quite close.

ChaosK
Sun, 08-21-2005, 09:57 PM

your getting kinda moody lately i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif were you just in a rough orgy? to make it revelent (with your cousin?) oh wait, its not revelent nevermind.

those comparisons are pretty crappy...
the only thing similar was the statues thats it. and i doubt people in japan have their minds set on watching LoTR so i'm guessing its coincidental.

and ONLY in naruto and LOTR have there been people kissing another's forehead right?

XanBcoo
Sun, 08-21-2005, 10:15 PM
well, I can only think of LOTR and Naruto when it comes to an important/powerful blonde woman kissing the forehead of the main character/hero.

Really, these are just things that I'd yell out when I watch Naruto with my friends. Like, "OMG! Naruto is liek tottally ripping off lord of the ringsss". Just me being dumb. I just wanted to see if anyone could find any more - doesn't matter if it's a stretch. So far, masamuneehs has come the closest. props.

EDIT: and here's a pic just for the hell of it:
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/530/akatsuki0zr.jpg

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/5170/wraiths2wx.jpg
AAAAHHH! THEY ARE ECKSAKLY TEH SAME!

Rek
Sun, 08-21-2005, 11:03 PM
yanno, naruto would be "the ring bearer" and kyuubi is "the ring" and the person that bestowed it upon him would be "the fourth"... Rasengan would be "Sting" and Ero - Sennin would be "Smeagol" and the hyuuga clan leader would be "elrond" who was played by the same actor as Agent Smith in "the matrix" who could also do Kage Bunshin to fight "neo" who was trained by a scary black guy, who looked alot like the instructor for the chuunin exam with the scars who had a little brother that sailed a boat for a race, and in Lord Of the Rings, they rode in boats. J.R.R. Kishimoto ftw.

Can we kill this thread now? Or have we unlocked a hidden level?

Jadugar
Sun, 08-21-2005, 11:12 PM
I dont know what possesed xanbcoo to make this thread in the first place?

XanBcoo
Sun, 08-21-2005, 11:14 PM
fillers

Jadugar
Sun, 08-21-2005, 11:18 PM
You mean to say that you were so bored because of the fillers thats why you made this thread.

Well, its also a "filler thread"(not a real debatable one).

Jaredster
Sun, 08-21-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by: Jadugar
You mean to say that you were so bored because of the fillers thats why you made this thread. Well, its also a filler thread.

That didn't make any sense? Are we waiting for the storyline threads to come?

Start making sense.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 08-22-2005, 05:34 AM

Really? Me too.

With your cousin that is.

But then Stargate came on and I had to throw her out dawg.

Rek
Mon, 08-22-2005, 10:41 AM
stargate is such a cockblock.

Kagari
Mon, 08-22-2005, 01:23 PM
so....

is it wrong to think my cousin is hot?

ChaosK
Mon, 08-22-2005, 02:29 PM
lets give terra a hand for diverting the topic of this thread to screwing cousins.

Rek
Mon, 08-22-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by: Kagari
so....

is it wrong to think my cousin is hot?

ionno. post a picture of your cousin and we will tell ya ^^

XanBcoo
Mon, 08-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Strangely enough, I have about 5 hot cousins...4 of which aren't technically related to me...

...score

soul_biscui
Mon, 08-22-2005, 10:51 PM
I note that the thread has gone off the mark, but in spite of my better judgment I want to respond to the guy who said that people in Japan aren't too interested in LOTR.

I lived in Japan for the past year, and LOTR is almost as big there as here. And I'm talking about the book as well as the movie. LOTR has been translated into dozens of languages, it's almost laughable to imagine that Kishimoto-sama wouldn't be familiar with it. That said, the comparison of the Valley of the End with the statues of the Argonath is the only one plausible to me.

And yeah, I'm reading too much into it. This is a forum, this is what we do.

American Hero
Tue, 08-23-2005, 12:28 PM
I thought the comparisons were kind of neat.

masamuneehs
Tue, 08-23-2005, 12:55 PM
Strangely enough, I have about 5 hot cousins...4 of which aren't technically related to me...

...score

Um, . you're a nasty little redneck wannabe! Yeh, go fuck your cousin or whatever, or just jack off thinking about it, freak...

Also for another comparison (and to stay on topic!) I see the comparison between how Orochimaru gives power to his minions and uses them for his army much alike to Sauraman and his legions.

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-23-2005, 01:14 PM
I seriously didn't even know that it was illegal to hook up with your cousin the US. You people are totally boring.

XanBcoo
Tue, 08-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs

...score

Um, . you're a nasty little redneck wannabe! Yeh, go fuck your cousin or whatever, or just jack off thinking about it, freak...

lol, except they really aren't related to me. Two of them are adopted second cousins, and two of them are cousins through my stepmom (her neices).

@Terra: I dunno if it's illegal. Definitely taboo though - and something most people would never do. It happens in anime though (Elfen Leid anyone?)

on topic: I think Oro is more like the Godfather (someone made that comparison a while back - in terms of his means of giving out power, acheiving his goal....not appearance or mannerisms) than Saruman or Sauron.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 08-23-2005, 01:57 PM
Michael Corleone/Al Pacino and Vito Corleone/Marlon Brando were nowhere near as feminine and child centered in the way Oro is....

If we are making comparision with people with power we might as well call Mum-Ra from the Thundercats the same as Oro

DarthEnderX
Tue, 08-23-2005, 02:11 PM

...score

It's not a score till you put it in her.

Did you put it in her?

Huh? Did ya...did ya put it in her?

American Hero
Tue, 08-23-2005, 05:23 PM
I seriously didn't even know that it was illegal to hook up with your cousin the US. You people are totally boring.

It's not.

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-23-2005, 05:25 PM
Oh. Good. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

American Hero
Tue, 08-23-2005, 05:31 PM
I don't see the big deal.

If a brother and a sister want to have sex with one another, and they use proper protection, who cares?

What harm comes from this?

ChaosK
Tue, 08-23-2005, 06:05 PM
well i'm pretty sure cousin mariage is fine but sibling is either

1. illegal
2. good luck finding a fucked up minister to do the ceremony.

i mean people are getting all worked up about people UNRELATED yet the same sex having sex (though i'm not sure how...nor do i really wanna know)

what american hero says is true, let people fuck who they want, as long as they dont televise fucking their mom to the public nobody will ever know.

MFauli
Tue, 08-23-2005, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by: American Hero

If a brother and a sister want to have sex with one another, and they use proper protection, who cares?

Thank you sooo much!
You really made my day ^^

Best topic of this forum forever XD

Xollence
Tue, 08-23-2005, 11:11 PM

The same reason it's against the law to have sex with a little kid, it's just wrong.

Necromas
Wed, 08-24-2005, 12:37 AM
Some people pay too much attention...

XanBcoo
Wed, 08-24-2005, 12:53 AM
I've seen The Fellowship so many fucking times I'd be suprised if I didn't notice this shit.

Also....having sex w/your brother/sister??
yikes...

ChiaCheese
Wed, 08-24-2005, 05:45 AM
naruto always sorta reminded me of harry potter but with ninjas instead of wizards. tho i assume that comparison has been made before.

Edit: and Boy Meets World of course.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 08-24-2005, 08:44 AM
well i'm pretty sure cousin mariage is fine but sibling is either

Whoa whoa whoa, nobody is talking about marriage here!

basey44
Wed, 08-24-2005, 09:34 AM
I dont know when Kimimoto wrote that manga episode but the release of the episode and the film were quite close.

man kimimoto is awesome, theres no way he'd use ideas from other places, especially since while writing the manga he could rip out his spine and use it as a sword to slaughter all his naruto haters

EDIT: and yes fucking ur cousin great i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Vokalyzd Harmony
Thu, 08-25-2005, 10:42 AM
you people make me sick..instead of fucking your own cousins..you guys should focus on fucking each other's cousins..makes more sense to me

lilphatboi88
Thu, 08-25-2005, 08:37 PM
yeah, u guys are sicked and messed up. These are probably the people that can't talk to girls or have any girl friends. Tsk Tsk.

But uh...Tsunade in that picture is kinda hot. Now what again does she do to make herself younger?

Honinbou
Fri, 08-26-2005, 07:53 AM

Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo

i doubt people in japan have their minds set on watching LoTR so i'm guessing its coincidental.

OMG terra.. thats sick!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif but well yea.. I like it to blame all the stupid stuff on alcohol i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Chaos ==> well.. to be honest LOTR has made millions in Japan.. It was almost as big hype as in Europe (thats what I heard)

and well to all people who dont like this thread.. WHY THE F*CK are you here??? if you dont like it just go do something else but those stupid messages like: "

I dont know what possesed xanbcoo to make this thread in the first place?"

I think that such posts are like: I-want-to-have-more-posts-to-become-higher-rank-so-I-post-shitty-things" posts.

let xanbcoo show his good found comparisations.. I think its good!

(just to get back on the subject... I dont really like the idea of fucking my own cousins... I think we are on the wrong forum for such ideas! ! !

Hikyuu
Fri, 08-26-2005, 08:04 AM
One could compare a whole bunch of stories to LOTR.. and most other works because they fit into the hero archetype/monomyth ness ness..But I must say.. there do seem to be ssome convincing pictures that look like naruto payed homage to LOTR

masamuneehs
Fri, 08-26-2005, 08:34 AM
Um guys.... this topic is beginning to creep me out... Is all the incest joking even that funny? Or maybe it's worse? Maybe they're not jokes...

XanBcoo
Fri, 08-26-2005, 01:26 PM
WTF is everyone talking about?? Incest is NOT the topic here, XD
This is all Terra's fault!!
*shakes fist at terra*
GRRR

Incest is wrong...and weird...but to each his own I guess. It's really not my place to tell someone who they can and can't do the deed with. 0.o

ChiaCheese
Sat, 08-27-2005, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by: Hikyuu
One could compare a whole bunch of stories to LOTR.. and most other works because they fit into the hero archetype/monomyth ness ness..But I must say.. there do seem to be ssome convincing pictures that look like naruto payed homage to LOTR

haha, someone's been reading Campbell (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0691017840/qid=1125395682/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-3745984-4288865?v=glance&s=books&n=507846).

aznroyale
Sat, 08-27-2005, 01:25 PM
i dont think that LOTR and Naruto have any connection at all -___-

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 08-31-2005, 08:28 PM
I think that comparing naruto to LOTR is a stretch while on the other hand (I know all of you are going to hate me for this comparison) I think that naruto has a lot in common with harry potter. Think about if for a second Harry potter and his three friends are training in a school to become wizards, just like naruto and company are working on becomming ninjas. The relationship between Orchimaro and the third is also highly similar to the that of dubledore and voldemort.

smurfyy
Wed, 08-31-2005, 10:01 PM
LOL..first 10 or so posts..about the connection about LOTR and naruto...next 25-30 posts....about incest and how terra almost got it on with his cousin (hopefully girl)....and now....lobstermagnet's trying to bring HP into the game..lol...talk about getting sidetracked i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
*takes terra's bottle of booze away from him* get drunk and hook up with your cousin on your own time boy! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif lol

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-31-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by: lilphatboi88
yeah, u guys are sicked and messed up. These are probably the people that can't talk to girls or have any girl friends. Tsk Tsk.

Whatever you say virgin boy.

@the rest: In Sweden, cousin marriages aren't under the incest category... only the closest family members are.

Also, sidetracking rules.

XanBcoo
Wed, 08-31-2005, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by: lilphatboi88

Whatever you say virgin boy.

It's funny 'cause in the same post he mentioned how hot Tsunade was.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 09-01-2005, 01:36 AM
Also, sidetracking rules.

The word is derailing.

Now what again does she do to make herself younger?

She bathes in the blood of infants.

smurfyy
Thu, 09-01-2005, 02:35 AM
She bathes in the blood of infants.

LOL then how did she get nauseating wrinkly in one ep? lol..did the blood escape sumhow?
XD

Aramis
Thu, 09-01-2005, 02:46 AM

Yeah, as long as I don't have to know about it... I agree. "Because it's wrong!" isn't really a line of arguement for me.

ChiaCheese
Thu, 09-01-2005, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
I think that comparing naruto to LOTR is a stretch while on the other hand (I know all of you are going to hate me for this comparison) I think that naruto has a lot in common with harry potter. Think about if for a second Harry potter and his three friends are training in a school to become wizards, just like naruto and company are working on becomming ninjas. The relationship between Orchimaro and the third is also highly similar to the that of dubledore and voldemort.
that's rediculous. you're crazy.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 09-01-2005, 07:29 PM
How am I crazy just think about it for a second. Harry Potter and Naruto have many similarities. Naruto had to take the chunnin exam, harry potter took the owls. Harry Potter gets into various dangerous situations involving the most dangerous evil rogue wizard of all time, naruto also gets himself involved in situations with the most dangerous evil rogue ninja of all time. Both naruto and harry potter rely on the stregth and support of the other two members of their three man team. Harry has been branded with a scar just like naruto has been branded with the kyubi. The list of similarities go on and on. I don't think one is plagerizing the other I just find it funny how much they have in common.

ChiaCheese
Fri, 09-02-2005, 03:49 AM
seriously dude, i have no idea what you're talking about.

Originally posted by: ChiaCheese
naruto always sorta reminded me of harry potter but with ninjas instead of wizards. tho i assume that comparison has been made before.

Edit: and Boy Meets World of course.