PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360 - 2 different prices

Tofu #2
Fri, 08-19-2005, 07:05 PM
Source (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/642/642633p1.html)

I wasn't going to buy one anyways, jsut figured I'd update all of you.

ChaosK
Fri, 08-19-2005, 09:39 PM
hah, they know idiots are going to go for the premiem package even though probably buying the stuff of premiem is cheaper.

i wasnt going to buy it either (still arent) but only those people with common sense (i'd say 15 and up) will see through the trick, everybody else will get their parents to get the premiem.

Roko
Sat, 08-20-2005, 01:55 AM
yeah. if they were to throw in a game or two though (and not crappy ones), then I'd probably go for the premium.

GLS
Sat, 08-27-2005, 09:53 AM
http://gamestop.com/gs/360/360.asp
So... which one of us here is going to get the Omega Deal? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Deblas
Sat, 08-27-2005, 10:21 AM
THE OMEGA BUNDLE. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART ONLY FOR THE STUPID OBSESSED..err I mean... HARDCORE EXTREME GAMERS. DUN DUN DUN.

Smart company. People with enough cash in their ass or the overlly obessed will always go with the SUPER OMEGA LIMITED EDITION.

I was dissapointed in seeing that the wireless controllers are for the 400$ bundle though.

Zhan
Sun, 08-28-2005, 01:50 AM
Xbox can suck my dick

Tinks
Sun, 09-25-2005, 12:25 PM
haha
I'm starting to succumb to this system slowly, just being able to play my friends in Ohio from school in Mass. is whats causing it
Although I dont even know if I'd be able to reserve one anymore really

milfhunter
Mon, 09-26-2005, 11:30 AM
I think that at the end of the day, Microsoft made the competition easier on Sony. If Microsoft isn't going to include the hard drive and all the other "premium" shit that developers can't rely upon being present in the "core" package, then why would Sony need to include a hard drive (as opposed to an add-on)? If Microsoft isn't offering developers concrete reliance upon a hard drive, then Sony doesn't need to either. Thus, saving Sony the trouble of losing even more money on the manufacturing costs of each console. Hence, Microsoft has inadvertently -- or not so inadvertently -- shot themselves in the foot.

The disruptive tactics of Microsoft by shortening the console lifecycle are not honorable either. Microsoft's funds don't compensate for their lack of humility. I'm still waiting for a rock-solid operating system and they've got an erection for the living room. Thanks to Microsoft, I can't count on a hard drive for PS3 anymore.

Paulyboy
Mon, 09-26-2005, 06:10 PM
AHHHH! WTF close to $2,000, sorry but ill just wait for the ps3 i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Edit: But I would buy the premium for $400.00.

ChaosK
Mon, 09-26-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by: milfhunter
I think that at the end of the day, Microsoft made the competition easier on Sony. If Microsoft isn't going to include the hard drive and all the other "premium" shit that developers can't rely upon being present in the "core" package, then why would Sony need to include a hard drive (as opposed to an add-on)? If Microsoft isn't offering developers concrete reliance upon a hard drive, then Sony doesn't need to either. Thus, saving Sony the trouble of losing even more money on the manufacturing costs of each console. Hence, Microsoft has inadvertently -- or not so inadvertently -- shot themselves in the foot.

The disruptive tactics of Microsoft by shortening the console lifecycle are not honorable either. Microsoft's funds don't compensate for their lack of humility. I'm still waiting for a rock-solid operating system and they've got an erection for the living room. Thanks to Microsoft, I can't count on a hard drive for PS3 anymore.

i'm pretty sure PS3 will still come with a harddrive, with this PS3 sony can completely whip xbox in sales (i'm not sure how they're doing now but i think sony was always in the lead slightly)

Mite Gai
Mon, 09-26-2005, 07:29 PM
I think Microsoft made the wrong move with their console idea, but the price prediction for the premium 360 was originally $300, so I am willing to bet that Sony is not going to deliver on the $500 price, also I remember reading a quote somewhere from some famous Sony person (sorry, I am not good with names) where he said, "I want people to want to work more hours to buy the Playstation 3." In Japan paying tons of money for stuff is not unusual and Sony works on Japan first, so I am willing to bet that it is going to be more around $700-$800 with all of its features. And while I intend to buy both systems, there are not alot of people that would want to pay tons of money for a system. Though to sum this up, yes Microsoft has shot themselves in the foot, but the PS3 still has plenty of more opportunity to screw up on its own so don't go reserving anything yet.

Deblas
Mon, 09-26-2005, 08:12 PM
Since the release of the PsP and the DS which go along the 250 mark and they are handhelds, It really is just a matter of time until every console manufactured reach the 400$ mark.

I'll be getting the Xbox 360 though surely not the 400$ bundle one.

Dezalanel
Tue, 09-27-2005, 05:40 AM
The 400$ bundle is definitly a better deal. This quote is from IGN
"The premium package includes an Xbox 360, a detachable 20-GB hard-drive, a wireless controller, faceplate, headset, a component HD AV cable, an Ethernet cable, and for a limited time, a remote controller."
"Taking into account that a memory card for $39.99 (¬34.99/£22.99) is required for saving games, a headset for $19.99 (¬19.99/£14.99) is necessary for Xbox Live play, a second controller sells for $39.99 (¬34.99/£24.99), and a remote goes for $29.99 (¬29.99/£19.99), totaling $130, the premium price appears the better deal. The above tally doesn't include a hard drive, which costs an additional $99 (totaling $229)."

229$ in Extras in the premium and your only paying 100$ more.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/642/642633p1.html

mage
Tue, 09-27-2005, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by: Deblas
THE OMEGA BUNDLE. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART ONLY FOR THE STUPID OBSESSED..err I mean... HARDCORE EXTREME GAMERS. DUN DUN DUN.

Smart company. People with enough cash in their ass or the overlly obessed will always go with the SUPER OMEGA LIMITED EDITION.

I was dissapointed in seeing that the wireless controllers are for the 400$ bundle though.

don't you mean the overly obese?

Deblas
Tue, 09-27-2005, 02:39 PM
Hmm typo. Its overly obsessed.

Really. You don't have to quote me for a little grammatical error.

Ryllharu
Tue, 09-27-2005, 03:15 PM
The lighter price tag comes with wired controllers. That, coupled with all the extras you don't get, like the harddrive that makes the 360 backward compatable with the popular games that you surely own and still play...

Yeah, its definitely a better deal to get the cheap version. [/sarcasm]

The only thing I don't like about it is the name, it sounds stupid. Yeah you detractors can all wait for the $700 dollar PS3 and its $80 dollar games, the Xbox won me over this time.

Y
Tue, 09-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Yeah that is logical just like how the PSP will be $400 at launch. Hurr.

mage
Tue, 09-27-2005, 11:25 PM

i wasnt quoting your grammatical error you moron, i know you meant obsessed, so i sarcasticly said 'don't you mean obese'? because you would have to be morbidly obese to be that obsessed. get it? retard.

ChaosK
Wed, 09-28-2005, 07:14 PM
yay for miscommunication! i wont be getting xbox360 at all so i'm not worried though i will be playing it which is why i check back here.

Deblas
Wed, 09-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by: mage

i wasnt quoting your grammatical error you moron, i know you meant obsessed, so i sarcasticly said 'don't you mean obese'? because you would have to be morbidly obese to be that obsessed. get it? retard.

Sadly sarcasm doesn't show to well in the internet unless you put *sarcasm* at the end of a sarcastic sentence. It happens. What? were you trying to be funny? cause you're really bad at it and you seem pissed off for nothing.

Paulyboy
Wed, 09-28-2005, 10:08 PM
Stop arguing about grammatical errors, you guys are off topic.

I would still buy the $400 bundle, its better to buy the complete package.

Deblas
Wed, 09-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Well so long as you have the money you should go for it. But since I don't play live and the 400$ package is mainly for the H-D ready gamer, I'll stick with the standard one.

ChaosK
Thu, 09-29-2005, 04:15 PM
i just found out that my rich uncle is buying me the 360 so i'd be happy to take the $400 bundle (hey nothing off my back)