PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 272

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 08-18-2005, 12:46 PM
http://shonenjump.free.fr/Naruto.zip

EDIT: oh ya here is the last page it's missing from the zip

http://shonenjump.free.fr/19.jpg

OMFG so many puppets, nobody is gonna tell me chiyo ba and sakura are gonna escape this alive without reinforcements

Lefty
Thu, 08-18-2005, 12:53 PM
This fight needs to end, NOW. It's getting a little repetative. Hopefully the next two chapters will be the end of this fight.

kAi
Thu, 08-18-2005, 12:57 PM
I thought this was going to be the end of this, but it keeps going, I dunno what the fuck is going to happen, I need a translation for this, but it seems to me that this is going to go for another 4 chapters or so.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 08-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by: Lefty
This fight needs to end, NOW. It's getting a little repetative. Hopefully the next two chapters will be the end of this fight.

I agree, but it is still an awsome fight. I never would have thought Sakura could fight like that.

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-18-2005, 02:07 PM
OMFG the fight didn't end even though it said so last week! THE SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!11111111

The only thing that redeems the fact that this fight never ends is the Sasori zoom-in shot at the bottom of page 16.
COOOOOL eyes!

Yorma
Thu, 08-18-2005, 02:14 PM
looks like this puppet-show is gonna continue for a while..

Mut
Thu, 08-18-2005, 02:39 PM
This shit sucks.

Sidnne
Thu, 08-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Ok. OK. Stop me if you've heard this one before...

Winged Dancer
Thu, 08-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Meh, this wasn't that bad until Chiyo and Sasori summoned 457874 puppets out of their asses. I mean, Sasori getting smashed to bits by Sakura was pretty cool, even if my girly side did go "Ewww, that's like, disgusting, lol!". Of course it was stupid of her to think Sasori would be stopped by a punch... it was damned obvious that he wasn't going to turn himself into a puppet without some magical ninja seal of awesomeness that kept him alive...

All in all I agree that this fight should end soon or that they should stop doing things like "I have TEN puppets!!", "Well I have 23!" and "That's nothing because I have 38!" and so forth and so on.

sangai
Thu, 08-18-2005, 04:13 PM
text translation ....ewwwhhh i took its from NF..

chapter 272

Title: Chiyo-baa versus Sasori...!

Sidebar: You whom we've not had a chance to see, being busy with someone else's mission: hurry as well!

Page 2.

Sasori lunges forth!

Chiyo-baa's fate!?

Sakura (thought): Chiyo-baa-sama...!

Page 3.

Sasori: Humph!

Page 4.

Sasori: Tch!

Chiyo (thought): Sakura!

Page 5.

Sakura: Die, you pathetic little prick of a bishounen! ( Lit. "Shannaro!", but you wouldn't believe she actually said that for real, would you? )

Page 7.

Sakura (thought): Beat him... just as the antivenom's time limit expired...

Sakura: Hahah...

Sakura: We did it... Chiyo-baa-sama, we actually did it!

Chiyo: Sakura... You...

Page 9.

Chiyo: I thought I'd never again resort to this ... but there's no way around it, is there? (Lit. I thought I'd never use this again, but it seems it won't be that way).

Page 10.

Chiyo: With this, the curtain falls!

Page 12.

Sasori: Remarkable as ever, Granny.

Sasori: It is said a puppeteer's strength is measured in the number of puppets the he or she wields...

Sakura: So many!

Sasori: Your ultimate technique: "one puppet for every finger"... Legend says...

Sasori: You once brought down an entire fortress with it...

Sasori: Shirohigi* jikkichikamatsu no shuu** (*White secret technique **The ten-puppet-strong Chikamatsu group. Chikamatsu means "pine nearby", but it's actually a last name. Ten-puppet-strong is actually just "ten+machine". Machine would be the "counter" for puppets, so I adapted it.)

Page 13.

Sasori: The first kugutsu*no jutsu puppets to ever be used : the ten masterpieces of Mosozaemon**! (*puppet **Katakana for "so" and "n" are hard for me to tell appart. Might be Mosozaemon, might be Monzaemoso, whatever - I wouldn't know)

Sasori: Far from any mere group of puppets... unfortunately for you...

Page 14.

Sasori: It was an entire country that fell to me with these.

Page 16.

Chiyo (thoughts): This guy... he's this strong...

Sasori: I'm still beside myself...

Sasori: To think that a little girl and an old woman with a foot in the grave could push me this far... That I'de be made to reveal my final hand...

Page 17.

Sasori: Now, let me show you...

Sasori: Akahigi, Hyakki no souen ... (Red secret technique: performance of one hundred-puppets...)

Chiyo: Sakura...

Page 18.

Chiyo: You're already out of antivenom ... don't get involved.

Sakura: You should know me by now!

Sakura: My character, that is!

Page 19.

Chiyo: Yeah, that's right...

Chiyo: You picked it up from Tsunade, right? ...

Chiyo: But you know... this is the closing act ... are you ready for whatever it comes to?

Sakura: Yes!

Sidebar: Ten puppets versus one hundred... and two on one! Chiyo and Sakura, who've come to appreciate each other's worth in combat, plunge into the final, violent clash!

Trailing: (Chiyo and Sakura's) fight comes to a grand conclusion!

Nest issue: The one whom she* must protect! *inference of mine

Uberbaka
Thu, 08-18-2005, 05:50 PM
oh christ on a bike.. How long will this one last in anime form? *sigh*

Too many puppets already.. they could have easily skipped one step of "pulling puppets out of your ass" and nobody would have noticed... I thought the manga was supposed to use the filler time in the anime to actually progress. Heh..

Also, The rock lee/gai/neji fights are being put off way too long now.. Maybe Kishimoto realized this and just hopes we'll forget.

Jman
Thu, 08-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Fuck this chapter.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 08-18-2005, 06:42 PM
This fight alone? Maybe 3 months,

basey44
Thu, 08-18-2005, 06:44 PM
well i have totally lost interest in naruto now, the anime is shit, the manga is becoming boring. i mean how long can u stretch out a fight. i remember back when the fights started and finished quick, like 1 episode quick

nests
Thu, 08-18-2005, 07:26 PM
I dont know Im kind of glad that this fight is long I mean this guys are supposed to be the best out there so to have them beating fast just woulndnt make it belivable. the only one that could make sence dying fast wuold be Deidara since he already had an intense figth with Gaara and is injured.
Im also glad they showed all those puppets since they did mention that Sasori had like 300 of them

Honoko
Thu, 08-18-2005, 08:59 PM
i think the sentiment here was that it would've been a short fight since sasori should've kicked both their asses in a heartbeat. on paper, there's no way sasori would've been involved in a prolonged fight and it's irritating a lot of people here, i think.

drcitan
Thu, 08-18-2005, 09:50 PM
Oh God I jus throw up....Thats it I'm takin a break from the manga. I'll see you all at the next budaki tournment.

kAi
Thu, 08-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Sasori has to use a technique that took down a country to take out 2 people, a little girl and an old lady with a foot in the grave.

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-18-2005, 10:29 PM
Fuck you Kishimoto.

Edit: Is it just me, or has Naruto been introducing more manga/anime cliches with every passing arc?

Honoko
Thu, 08-18-2005, 11:15 PM
see? i rest my case i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

oh, and i think kishimoto always used cliches but lately he hasn't been hiding them as well as he used to.

Uberbaka
Thu, 08-18-2005, 11:17 PM
Just because sasori has 300 puppets didn't mean he has to bring them everywhere.. they could have easily skipped out on the rest of these..

I wonder what kind of wussy country he took down with those...

I miss Haku and Zabuza...

Jman
Thu, 08-18-2005, 11:20 PM
after this chapter i felt an urge to go watch some old dbz eps.

Sidnne
Fri, 08-19-2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by: Uberbaka
I miss Haku and Zabuza...

Aahh, the good old days.

Hey, I have a prediction for chapter 273 also. I'll just quote my prediction from the last 10 chapters

Naruto and Kakashi are chasing Deidara. Sasori realizes that he has underestimated Chiyo and Sakura, so he pulls out another "ultimate" surprise. Chiyo and Sakura look like they are in trouble at the end of the chapter "omg what are they going to do, they could die!!" And there is still no sign of Team Gai.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 08-19-2005, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

Edit: Is it just me, or has Naruto been introducing more manga/anime cliches with every passing arc?

No, it's not just you honey. Ever since the Chasing Sasuke storyline the cliches have become abundant... specially the "I power up then you power up and then I power up MORE" thing, Naruto and Sasuke did it and now Chiyo and Sasori are doing it too. Hell, if Sakura herself suddenly got bored of being in the middle of a Ninja!Puppet play I wouldn't blame her.

Well, this battle isn't as terrible as some others... like for instance, most of the "OMFG Sasuke is in a barrel olololz!!!11", specially the Kiba vs. Sakon fight. Man I'm a Kiba fan (yay for loud guys) but that fight sucked terribly... the only good thing about it was, as someone called it, the "Exploding Puppy no Jutsu". At least this fight is better than that...

...but still too damned long.

Fights should be carried a little more like the Gaara vs. Deidara thing. Short (four, maybe five chapters?) and really sweet. If Sasori can't die yet there are many ways of "disappearing" him for the moment... the Sakura Punch he received this chapter, for instance, could've been used as in "Whoa, I got blown to bits. This girl is freaky, she'll never get laid this way and I could kill her right now but I suddenly feel like SLEEPING and thus "run away" in a classy, bad-ass way which makes it clear that I'm just being lazy and don't want to waste my time and abilities with these pieces of junk!!"

Then we could go to the Naruto battle, which hopefully will have lots of Naruto slamming into walls and it should be short because Deidara is out of explosives anyway and then THE PLOT COULD MOVE ON. God, wouldn't that be NICE?

Assertn
Fri, 08-19-2005, 01:26 AM
Sasori's gonna lose soon........
anytime a villian reveals his ultimate move, you know there's no longer a reason to keep him around

Raven
Fri, 08-19-2005, 01:33 AM
I would have thought the Kazekage puppet would have been his ultimate move. When that failed, I definitely would have thought that Sasori HIMSELF as a puppet would be his ultimate move.

Now this, I ... just don't care any more.

Assertn
Fri, 08-19-2005, 03:55 AM
he says this is his ultimate move, but didnt he still have an extra scroll on his back?

Jaredster
Fri, 08-19-2005, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by: basey44
well i have totally lost interest in naruto now, the anime is shit, the manga is becoming boring. i mean how long can u stretch out a fight. i remember back when the fights started and finished quick, like 1 episode quick

You know you won't stop reading/watching it.

basey44
Fri, 08-19-2005, 05:09 AM
i dont talk shit, i seriously consided deleting my naruto folder today. the manga has become stale and the anime sucks, theres too many interruptions in it

Jaredster
Fri, 08-19-2005, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by: basey44
i dont talk shit, i seriously consided deleting my naruto folder today. the manga has become stale and the anime sucks, theres too many interruptions in it

All we can do is hope for the best next week. If this fight doesn't end then, then well i'm taking a break.

Psyke
Fri, 08-19-2005, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by: sangai
Page 13.

Sasori: The first kugutsu*no jutsu puppets to ever be used : the ten masterpieces of Mosozaemon**! (*puppet **Katakana for "so" and "n" are hard for me to tell appart. Might be Mosozaemon, might be Monzaemoso, whatever - I wouldn't know)

The katakana character is "n". You can tell by the difference of "so" and "n" by the second stroke. "n" goes upwards while "so" goes downwards.

As for the chapter I agree it's taking too long and that final move sucks. But I don't think it's enough to condemn the manga as yet and we still got the naruto and neji fight to look foward to.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 08-19-2005, 08:20 AM
After endungring the Chasing Sasuke arc this fight isn't enough to make me stop reading. And the anime... well, I just haven't downloaded the fillers at all. Some day, around december, when I read at Naruto fan that OMG they'll be continuing with the manga storyline and will actually animate the Kakashi Gaiden I'll re-download it. Maybe. For the sake of hearing Yondaime's voice and don't you deny you want to hear it too!

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
Sasori's gonna lose soon........
anytime a villian reveals his ultimate move, you know there's no longer a reason to keep him around

While I agree, the thing is how can you say which move's his final move? I doubted the Kazekage was his ultimate... ability. It was only a puppet, after all.
His body, however - wasn't he being forced to use his own body 'cause Sakura screwed up the rest of his puppets? Why didn't he summon his ancient things before?
For the matter of fact, why didn't he use whatever root-like seal he's using on himself to keep the Kazekage puppet together, given it was his most precious one and stuff?

Terracosmo
Fri, 08-19-2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by: Winged Dancer

Originally posted by: Terracosmo

Then we could go to the Naruto battle, which hopefully will have lots of Naruto slamming into walls and it should be short because Deidara is out of explosives anyway and then THE PLOT COULD MOVE ON. God, wouldn't that be NICE?

Indeed, darling, indeed. I also agree about that fights should be like the Gaara VS Deidara one. That one almost made me addicted to Naruto again. I must say that I kinda enjoyed Kiba VS Sakon though, even though Kiba only has one move (his other move is almost the same anyway so). Then again I like Sakon for some reason (*cough* the lipstick) so that might be why. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

sangai
Fri, 08-19-2005, 12:36 PM
^_~.... OK

and yah terra your right about the diedara gaara fight it was fugin awsome..honestly diedara is runnin for a reason..he has something planned..

i just wish they would end the god damn sakura sasori fight... jesus christ you break the damn thing apart and you'd think htat it would be over...BUT NOOOO he can pull his happy ass back together again..like a god damn humpty dumpty.. i want this rediculous fight over already..

and yes i wanna see the diedara naruto fight...I wanna i wanna i wanna...*runs in circle falls to ground kicking and screaming.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 08-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Rofl I love how you guys did nothing but complain how "if they kill an akatsuki member with ease Im gonna be pissed off I swear" but now that they are strectching this awesome fight out you're all crying how its too long. Seriously just stop your bitching because its obvious you will never be pleased.

Jman
Fri, 08-19-2005, 05:32 PM
first off...This fight is everything but awesome.
The Gaara, Diedra fight was awesome and so was the Gai, Kisame fight. That was a wonderful scene of ass kickery on an epic scale

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 08-19-2005, 08:31 PM
hahaha see thats a perfect example of you dont know what you want. Of course Naruto and the "good guys" are going to win eventually but they have to overcome a lot of odds to do it so it NEEDS to take long or else you will complain how he died too easily.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 08-19-2005, 11:19 PM
The whole thing being they don't have to die. Fights can be done short without anyone dieing - Gaara vs. Deidara, for instance, ended up with an unconcious Gaara. The Naruto and Kakshi vs. Deidara will probably end with Deidara getting away with or without Gaara and Naruto glaring at the sky.

Same applies here. Sasori doesn't need to die for the fight to end, he can get away with as much ease. There are hundreds of ways to make Sasori leave the fight - for instance, secret ultra-OMG-important call from the Akatsuki leader (or whatever they have instead) calling him because they need to talk.
Or he runs out of puppets and decides to leave. He gets tired. He starts running low on chakra. He runs out of posions. Sakura crushes his puppet arms to death!!!1111.

Of course we'd be pissed if they killed an Akatsuki member in three chapters, but what I think most people here would like... medium-sized battle, plot development, short battle against the same guy, plot development, long battle, the Akatsuki guy dies.And "long battle" doesn't have to take five months, too, and doesn't have to rely on using bad power-ups every chapter.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 08-19-2005, 11:34 PM
Point strongly taken. But Sakura hasn't taken any powerups i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Destroyor
Sat, 08-20-2005, 01:22 AM
I gave up on naruto anime a long time ago, now is the time to give up on the manga too.

Mod please delete my gotwoot account, as its existence no longer serve any purpose.

Assertn
Sat, 08-20-2005, 03:48 AM
A wise man once told me that it's fun to whine about a series that slows down after 3 years of being released on a weekly basis

Jaredster
Sat, 08-20-2005, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by: Destroyor
I gave up on naruto anime a long time ago, now is the time to give up on the manga too.

Just because one fight is getting boring, you're gonna give up just like that?

Phoenix20578
Sat, 08-20-2005, 06:39 AM
I'll keep reading and watching untill it gets good again. Good animes have to be bad at some times so you can appritiate the good parts.

RasenDori
Sat, 08-20-2005, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by: Destroyor

Mod please delete my gotwoot account, as its existence no longer serve any purpose.

giving up a little easily arent you? there are still plenty of exciting things that should happen... that we have to wait for unfourtunately.

i am, however confused on why kishimoto is pushing this fight so long now. i guess if i was reading this in a volume it would be cool, but on a weekly basis it just kills you and you want to move on. i think the characters developed enough, and the fact that they didnt end the fight before the antivenom effects ended is lame. even if reinforcements arrive they are all screwed. can you think of one person that can take sasori on without getting as much as a scratch?

Roko
Sun, 08-21-2005, 05:07 AM
No such person, really...unless maybe another member of akatsuki, if we knew more about them.
I'll keep on reading, but it's really not something that I look forward to as much anymore.

elmojo
Sun, 08-21-2005, 11:44 AM
well sasori is a BIG DEAL

he is the itachi of the sand village, he deserves a long fight if he is going to die

but if he isnt going to die, then i hope this fight will end next chapter

drcitan
Sun, 08-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by: elmojo
well sasori is a BIG DEAL

he is the itachi of the sand village, he deserves a long fight if he is going to die

but if he isnt going to die, then i hope this fight will end next chapter

I agree with you on Sasori being the Itachi of the sand village. This is also whats upsetting people around here the fact that he is so powerful yet he is having trouble with his opponents. But...what the hell, we all know Kishimoto is gonna pull of something tight as shit thats gonna make us say WHOA and then everything will be fine.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 08-21-2005, 04:34 PM
YESSSS I'm finally back. I can begin putting my two cents into each weekly release. I still can't get over the the fact in that the nine weeks I've been away from my comp this stupid fight has not ended yet. Honesly I would have really liked it if Kishimoto had thrown in one or two chapters directly dealing with sasori's past. The only thing he really gave us that provided any insight into sasori is that one frame where he has his two parent puppets holding him tightly in an embracing hug. It was a nice creepy detail but it seems like there is alot more to him then just that.

Honestly I want this fight to end. As much as I love how Sasori has lived up to his badass potential ten-fold it's really about time where he should get injured and be forced to retreat. Also is it just me or does it seem like the akatsuki pairs consist of master/pupil. Where the master is a badass sannin level kage killer while the other one is more like a specialed jounin like kakashi or gai? I guess I just need to see kisame or deidara in action more before I can come to some sort of descision.

I really can't wait to see where the atkaski arc goes next. I think this will probably be the longest arc in naruto but it will also be the last one. Still tons of stuff to see. Like the other four atkaski members. We still need some more backstory on zetsu, we also have the five jirenchu characters who have yet to be introduced. Although something tells me that when naruto meets them he's going to wind up fighting them in a DBZ escue battle filled with flying energy balls that everyone seems to hate so much.

DeathscytheVII
Sun, 08-21-2005, 08:49 PM
Personally, i like this fight a lot, and i don't think its that long. At least there's some sense of ninja strategy here, Poisons, antidotes, puppets. This is much more preferable to that stupid powerball fight between naruto and lvl 2. Sasuke.

No complaints on this end. When this series started, people have been complaining that sakura was useless and always whinning, now when she finally shows some badass moves, people complain the fight is too long.

Guess not everyone can be pleased i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

on another note, im interested in seeing the plant akatsuki ninja.

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
A wise man once told me that it's fun to whine about a series that slows down after 3 years of being released on a weekly basis

dbz lol

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 08-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Honestly I think the main reason everyone is whining about this fight is simply because we have still yet to see Sakura use any new techniques. All she has been doing is just punching puppits. I think we would all like to see her pull out a new jutsu or two. I personally want to see her whip out a few badass slugs, so we can finally see if the sannin transformation is complete. On that note I also want to see naruto whip out some frogs. Mostly it's been chiyo whose been pulling all the weight in this fight so I think it's about time that kishimoto let sakura do a jutsu or two.

Sears
Mon, 08-22-2005, 01:46 PM
No ones curious as to why there is no translation yet?

Sidnne
Mon, 08-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by: Sears

Just go read last week's chapter again.

ChaosK
Mon, 08-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
Honestly I think the main reason everyone is whining about this fight is simply because we have still yet to see Sakura use any new techniques. All she has been doing is just punching puppits. I think we would all like to see her pull out a new jutsu or two. I personally want to see her whip out a few badass slugs, so we can finally see if the sannin transformation is complete. On that note I also want to see naruto whip out some frogs. Mostly it's been chiyo whose been pulling all the weight in this fight so I think it's about time that kishimoto let sakura do a jutsu or two.

umm that IS sakura's technique, she didnt exactly learn any great ninjutsu, she specializes as a medical ninja, learning the strength/chakra control that tsunade has is a bonus, i dont know if you remember but all sakura could do at first were the 3 basic ninjutsus they learned in the acadmey and throw weapons.

1. bushin no jutsu
2. henge no jutsu
3. kawarmi no jutsu.

those three only, i doubt she learned more.

Hikyuu
Mon, 08-22-2005, 02:53 PM
kawarmi no Justsu is where she transforms into a log correct?

ChaosK
Mon, 08-22-2005, 02:55 PM
yeah, its the substitute one which was all she could do in the chunnin exam remember? and in the last filler wherever kabuto threw a kunai at her (at least i THINK she did this jutsu)

deadlydreamx
Mon, 08-22-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by: Sears

not the best quality but stops some people from bitchin... http://groups.msn.com/NarutoMa...eturns/chapter272.msnw (http://groups.msn.com/NarutoMangaReturns/chapter272.msnw)
... fixed

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 08-22-2005, 09:18 PM
People just don't post scanslation links anymore for whatever reasons, learn to do some things for your damn selves!!

Lefty
Tue, 08-23-2005, 12:59 AM
No it's just there has been no scanlation from anyone yet. Every one seems to be a littel behind in everything. Fansubers and scanlators alike have seem to fallen a little behind in the work load.

samsonlonghair
Tue, 08-23-2005, 01:31 AM
Bitch Bitch Bitch.

Now stop to Breathe. Kishimoto will pull something out that will make this fight worth the wait. Have a little faith.

Zhan
Tue, 08-23-2005, 05:16 AM
I'm gonna go for the long shot. Sakura is gonna die i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-23-2005, 08:59 AM
lol, we wish

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 08-23-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by: Lefty
No it's just there has been no scanlation from anyone yet. Every one seems to be a littel behind in everything. Fansubers and scanlators alike have seem to fallen a little behind in the work load.

Has nothing to do with the fansubbers, I got my scanslation before one was even requested. Same time as every week pretty much.

mage
Tue, 08-23-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo

Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet

umm that IS sakura's technique, she didnt exactly learn any great ninjutsu, she specializes as a medical ninja, learning the strength/chakra control that tsunade has is a bonus, i dont know if you remember but all sakura could do at first were the 3 basic ninjutsus they learned in the acadmey and throw weapons.

1. bushin no jutsu
2. henge no jutsu
3. kawarmi no jutsu.

those three only, i doubt she learned more.

Why the fuck would she not learn anymore?

ChaosK
Tue, 08-23-2005, 06:07 PM
becuase it seemed like it took her a 1.5 years to learn medical ninjutsu and 1 year to learn her punching shit, she wouldnt learn anymore because thats all tsunade knows, medical ninjutsu, punch.

Zhan
Tue, 08-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Tsunade knows how to summon as well.

Jaredster
Wed, 08-24-2005, 05:03 AM
Well I thought it was a good chapter.

Winged Dancer
Wed, 08-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Ok, Sakura-liking or Sakura-hating aside I think it's plain stupid to say she wouldn't have learned any new jutsu in three years. She was suppossed to be smart - not as smart as Shikamaru but she is not lazy and she's motivated to learn (yet another person who wants to kick Itachi's ass, and notice I say "wants" because I know there's no way in the seven hells she could lay a finger on him) and Tsunade-hime herself believes she had great talent...

Besides, she's a chuunin. I don't think you can make Chuunin with just three basic jutsu... thing is, she's not going to be very attack-oriented. It's like an RPG! You have the white mage who's completely useless until she learns Cure5-All and Auto-Revive and that kind of shit and then you know you'll want her in your party or the finaly battle 'cause the boss has this attack which takes 6000 HP and you have like 5348.

Er... completely off-topic ranting aside, think of Tsunade-hime's fighting style when she battled against Orochimaru: kick, punch, be awesome and get hit a lot, heal herself completely with spiffy Jutsu, summon big-ass Slug which became lotsa little slugs. Am I missing something? I just don't remember Tsunade using, like Jiraiya and Orochimaru, a lot of jutsu to fight. She didn't use genjutsu, bunchin, nothing at all!

So perhaps Sakura just needs battle experience, something she doesn't have in the least (her battles were against Ino (c'mon, really) and then she battled against Tsunade only for years) while Naruto and Sasuke have battle way more. So who's to say she wont get better? If you think about it, it'd be good for us if she got better. Things'd be more interesting... maybe.

Honoko
Wed, 08-24-2005, 10:32 AM
also to add to WD's thing, even kakashi has said that sakura was originally a genjutsu type and w/ tsunade's teachings in her arsenal, she has the potential to surpass tsunade herself. but in any case, i'm still annoyed w/ this current fight i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Hikyuu
Thu, 08-25-2005, 06:32 AM
Wait.. doesnt she also know how to dispel genjutsu... at least on herself.. It looked like more of a technique last she used it..

Honoko
Thu, 08-25-2005, 07:34 AM
i'm thinking kakashi's statement leaned more towards her being able to perform genjutsu besides dispelling it. like surpassing kurenai or something.

mage
Thu, 08-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by: Hikyuu
Wait.. doesnt she also know how to dispel genjutsu... at least on herself.. It looked like more of a technique last she used it..
She also used it on Naruto.