PDA

View Full Version : One Piece 158

Aeon
Wed, 08-17-2005, 11:11 PM
http://mitaymaxsh.mgmservers.net/[K-F (http://_One_Piece_158_[413D4ECC].avi.torrent]http://mitaymaxsh.mgmservers.net/[K-F]_One_Piece_158_[413D4ECC].avi.torrent)

Must be another surprise release since it wasn't announced earlier.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 08-17-2005, 11:14 PM
The links not working.

GLS
Wed, 08-17-2005, 11:40 PM
HTTP : http://www.animedc.org http://mitaymaxsh.mgmservers.net http://www.luffy-pirates.com/onepiece/ http://www.hi.is/~jonmag/158/
TORRENT : One Piece 158 Torrent (http://mitaymaxsh.mgmservers.net/%5BK-F%5D_One_Piece_158_%5B413D4ECC%5D.avi.torrent)

Was a good episode... next episode should be a lot of fun.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 08-17-2005, 11:43 PM
Thanks

Edit:This episode was great. It's awsome how God is some knight on a getto-ass pegasus. LOL.

Munsu
Thu, 08-18-2005, 12:16 AM
Bot triggers for those interested:

[01:14] <@dythim> TRIGGERS : /ctcp k-f|shanks xdcc send #1 /msg [SG]Jerry xdcc send #5 /msg K-F|Jango xdcc send #1 /msg KoolAidTsunami xdcc send #23 /msg K-F|Eneru xdcc send #1 /msg K-F|Apis xdcc send #158 /msg K-F|Smoker xdcc send #158

Foomanchew24
Thu, 08-18-2005, 04:14 PM
Were not sure that he is god. I personally don't think he is, because otherwise he wouldn't offer to help out the crew for free like he did and charge them each subsequent time when god obviously hates criminals. Makes no sense to me that the knight would be god, but I guess we will find out sooner or later.

Munsu
Thu, 08-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Only plausable answer is that there are more than one God... they are polytheist i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Aeon
Thu, 08-18-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by: Foomanchew24
Were not sure that he is god. I personally don't think he is, because otherwise he wouldn't offer to help out the crew for free like he did and charge them each subsequent time when god obviously hates criminals. Makes no sense to me that the knight would be god, but I guess we will find out sooner or later.

God has to make a living too. The ion cannon was even cooler this week then it was the last time.

Assertn
Thu, 08-18-2005, 07:57 PM
i would just assume that "God" in their world is more of just a ruler.

I mean, obviously you can't literally refer to some knight on a pegasus as a creator of any sort

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-18-2005, 08:06 PM
This was great. Part of me thinks the pacing is awful though, because I want stuff to progress more, but then again they did take their sweet time with this arc. And it's still fun to watch of course.

I really like the new ending, by the way.
It also seems like the beginning narrator has returned from his siesta which he has had since Alabasta.

Jadugar
Fri, 08-19-2005, 04:42 PM
Is this arc real slow or the animators are taking their time to explain everything on Skypiea? So Conis has come out clean. The Almighty God Enel has shown himself. Not much of a god if his attacks can be dodged by some knight on a ugly looking horse that can fly.

Strange thing, Conis calls him a god as well. Maybe he was their former god. He has to be because the current god Enel is going down now that he has messed with Strawhat Pirates and someone has to take the role of the god. So that knight would be the obvious choice after Luffy and crew finish with Enel.

Awesome episode. Sanji and Ussop kicking Luffy senseless was hilarious. No chopper, Nami and Zorro, I am missing them already.

Phoenix20578
Fri, 08-19-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
i would just assume that "God" in their world is more of just a ruler.

I mean, obviously you can't literally refer to some knight on a pegasus as a creator of any sort

My theory is that the knight is the real god (ruler or whatever) and Enel just overthrew him.

Jadugar
Fri, 08-19-2005, 10:37 PM
My theory is that the knight is the real god (ruler or whatever) and Enel just overthrew him.

I will back Phoenix on this one. How else would you explain him saving Luffy and Conis from Enel's Attack?Wouldnt that make him stronger than Enel or equal?

Munsu
Fri, 08-19-2005, 10:42 PM
If he was stronger than Enel then he wouldn't have been overthrown

Deblas
Fri, 08-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by: Jadugar

I will back Phoenix on this one. How else would you explain him saving Luffy and Conis from Enel's Attack?Wouldnt that make him stronger than Enel or equal?

Piero is really fast and was able to dodge the attack in time. Nothing else.

Jadugar
Fri, 08-19-2005, 10:53 PM

He might have been banished and living in the outskirts of Skypiea.

Also we are forgetting about the surfer who attacked Luffy and crew when they first entered Skypiea for the first time. Is he strong enough? Whats his story?

Deblas
Fri, 08-19-2005, 11:17 PM

He might have been banished and living in the outskirts of Skypiea.

Also we are forgetting about the surfer who attacked Luffy and crew when they first entered Skypiea for the first time. Is he strong enough? Whats his story?

Patience young one.

Anyway. This was a good episode. It just goes to show you how aware Luffy is of the situation sometimes.

And God! What the hell is Sanji wearing!?!i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Phoenix20578
Sat, 08-20-2005, 06:37 AM
LOL. I thought I was the only one who noticed that. That must be the loudest shirt ever.

Jadugar
Sat, 08-20-2005, 09:06 AM
Patience young one.

Sadly patience is not one of my virtues.

And yes what the hell is Sanji wearing? When I was watching the episode Sanji did look a bit strange but i didnt take that much notice of his shirt. Now that you and Phoenix mentioned it, I watched it again and was shocked. What are those colors. Sanji's supposed to be cool. Even Zorro has a better sense of dress.

That must be the loudest shirt ever.

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/656/sanji5nc.jpg
Absolutely right.

vegita625
Sun, 08-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Is this arc real slow or the animators are taking their time to explain everything on Skypiea? So Conis has come out clean. The Almighty God Enel has shown himself. Not much of a god if his attacks can be dodged by some knight on a ugly looking horse that can fly.

Strange thing, Conis calls him a god as well. Maybe he was their former god. He has to be because the current god Enel is going down now that he has messed with Strawhat Pirates and someone has to take the role of the god. So that knight would be the obvious choice after Luffy and crew finish with Enel.

Awesome episode. Sanji and Ussop kicking Luffy senseless was hilarious. No chopper, Nami and Zorro, I am missing them already.

The Skypiea arc does take a while, imo, I watched the speed subs and was wondering how long it would take to do this and that, but the arc is full of awesome stuff and even if it moves slowly, with the exception of one or two fights getting drawn out, it's a very awesome arc.

Jadugar
Sun, 08-21-2005, 11:35 PM
Whats up with the wings all the peoplee have on Skypie, do they make them fly or something?

Munsu
Mon, 08-22-2005, 08:53 AM
They are probably fake

Assertn
Mon, 08-22-2005, 12:47 PM
The fish evolved to become flat, other crustaceans become balloon-like....
yet you can't accept a minor difference like small wings for the humans living in skypeia? Even if they can't fly with them, it can always be there to increase air resistance to negate some of their downward force caused by gravity, giving them a lighter stepping i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/656/sanji5nc.jpg
Absolutely right.

he'd fit in pretty well in LA

Phoenix20578
Mon, 08-22-2005, 12:49 PM
Or the village

Munsu
Mon, 08-22-2005, 12:55 PM
Of the examples you mentioned Ass-ertn, none of them grew new body parts... they simply changed their shapes somewhat... So your reasoning is not substantial evidence to make me believe that humans can simply grow wings in Skypea...

Deblas
Mon, 08-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Thats just the way Oda portrayed them. IMO is pretty obvious he is making reference of heaven with having a island in the SKY with an all knowing GOD. So who are the residents in heaven? Angels. And angels have wings so the residents of skypeia, with the reference of heaven were drawn with wings.

But if you want more of like a scientific explanation then I have to say evolution. We all know that evolution is the process that animals and humans underwent physical changes so they could adapt to their new surroundings. The Skypeia residents evolved like the sky fish so they could live in those conditions.

I mainly go with number 1.

Jadugar
Mon, 08-22-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
The fish evolved to become flat, other crustaceans become balloon-like....
yet you can't accept a minor difference like small wings for the humans living in skypeia? Even if they can't fly with them, it can always be there to increase air resistance to negate some of their downward force caused by gravity, giving them a lighter stepping [

Where have I said that I dont accept a minor difference like samll wings.

My question was why. Why do they have them?

Your answer should have been because of the evolution. Full stop, not <u>why cant yoy accept them.</u>

I asked the question because Oda explained this dail and the other, how there are two different kind of clouds and never mentioned their "wings". Even Luffy and crew didnt asked them about it. Maybe Oda will explain it.

Or Like Deblas said he wanted to portray them as angel, just like in heaven.

As it is harder to breath in Skypiea, the people should have evolved their respiratory system ( breathing), nose.

As for the downforce their heads should have been different.

Wings will only increase their weight and their gravity pull which doesnt help them much

Be more useful AssertnFailure, you call yourself a Sanin.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 08-22-2005, 07:55 PM
i don't relly care about that. I'm more conserned with that "Heso" thing. What the hell is that? It can't be hello because they say both.

Jadugar
Mon, 08-22-2005, 08:03 PM
It could be their native slang like "whats up".

Deblas
Mon, 08-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Heso means "bellybutton" in japanese.i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Phoenix20578
Mon, 08-22-2005, 08:18 PM
WTF!?

Deblas
Mon, 08-22-2005, 08:20 PM
Seriously. Thats why Luffy and the crew where like "what the hell are these guys saying"? everytime they greeted with Heso.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 08-22-2005, 08:23 PM
K-F should have translated it like that.

"Bellybutton. Good Afternoon."

Jadugar
Mon, 08-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Thats not much of a greeting, how is your bellybutton. I know maybe their bellybuttons have evolved. What do you think AssertnFailure (Expert on Evolution, Mr Darwin).

vegita625
Mon, 08-22-2005, 11:35 PM
What's "Ciao" mean? You do know that other, *real* languages have words that mean both "Hello" and "Goodbye" right?

Jadugar
Tue, 08-23-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by: vegita625
What's "Ciao" mean? You do know that other, *real* languages have words that mean both "Hello" and "Goodbye" right?

What? come again.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 08-23-2005, 10:54 PM
He's giving an example. "Ciao"(pronounced "chow") is Italian, used as a greeting or a "see ya later" type thing.

My question was why. Why do they have them?

Whimsy

Tofu #2
Wed, 08-24-2005, 12:28 AM
I think Eneru was a much better name than Enel.

Munsu
Wed, 08-24-2005, 12:36 AM
Same shit, different toilet..

Jadugar
Wed, 08-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
He's giving an example. "Ciao"(pronounced "chow") is Italian, used as a greeting or a "see ya later" type thing.

I know what "chow" means but what is talking about the one word having the same meaning as both "Hello" and "Goodbye".

Munsu
Wed, 08-24-2005, 09:36 PM
it's not "chaw" it's ciao....

and he is reffering to the post that Hesso can't mean hello because they also use it for goodbye...

So he used Ciao as an example that it was possible for Hesso to mean both

Jadugar
Wed, 08-24-2005, 09:47 PM
Got it.

Mae
Thu, 08-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Lol, arguing about the wings... I don't think they have any reason other than cuteness. Same with the antenna they all have. Things are just crazy in the Grand Line like that. After all they have races of giants, intelligant otters, shells that magically propel ships, ect...

I like this arc so far, although so far it does seem a lot like the desert arc. There are a series of powererful bosses they have to beat (the priests), then they'll take on the end boss (Enil), and then they'll restore the kingdom to it's rightful ruler (the old knight guy). It's also similar to Chopper's arc, now that I think about it. And the arc on Nami's home island. And the arc with the clown pirate who terrorized an island. Hmmmm.... Anyways, I hope they throw in few surprises.