PDA

View Full Version : I need this file type for the show..

Cagalli_Yula
Tue, 08-16-2005, 12:25 PM
its torrent i got a website to help get what i need casue i went to a website and got anime gundam seed destiny right, but it said uinkown file type not supported or something?? so whats a torrent file?

This belongs in BT Support. You really should check all the sections of the forum so you know where to post your threads from now on. Moved.

GotWoot Moderator

Roko
Tue, 08-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Do you have a Bittorrent (BT) Client? You need a BT client to download torrents, which you can then watch with players such as windows media player if you have the correct codecs. Go (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=27&threadid=14424&enterthrea d=y) to this thread for more info on BT. Here (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=14084&enterthrea d=y) for Codecs and Players.

Cagalli_Yula
Tue, 08-16-2005, 02:12 PM
OO THANK-YOU!

Cagalli_Yula
Tue, 08-16-2005, 03:14 PM
ok that was a thank-you.. but i speand like 1 hour and it still dosn't work and i tryed to get a whole codec pack to work and it dosn't work at all!

Cagalli_Yula
Tue, 08-16-2005, 03:16 PM
it says when i try to play the episode- Windows Meda Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file

Type: Torrent
Size-226 KB

thats what it says please help me thanks! so much!1

Cagalli_Yula
Tue, 08-16-2005, 03:45 PM
i don't think it lets me play torrent files? anything to make it work?

Phoenix20578
Tue, 08-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Torrents aren't media files. You need to open them with the bittorent client in order to download the acual file.

Cagalli_Yula
Tue, 08-16-2005, 04:12 PM
i can download the file but i can't watch it? it says that

Cagalli_Yula
Tue, 08-16-2005, 04:17 PM
so how do i download bittorent client casue i think i tryed and i don't know if it works?

If you had read the rules as I suggested earlier, you would know that double posting is against the rules. You need to use the edit button. User has been warned.

GotWoot Moderator

Phoenix20578
Tue, 08-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Go to www.bittorent.com and download the windows client. Then open the torrents with that, and eventually, the entire file will download.

Edit: If your still having trouble, send me a private message.

Cagalli_Yula
Tue, 08-16-2005, 05:15 PM
i don't know how to send a private message, i just tryed..

Deblas
Tue, 08-16-2005, 06:39 PM
Geez. okay lets see if I can help you.

This is what you already know. First you need a bittorent client. you can get it here (http://a.scarywater.net/torrent/clients/). I use ABC but choose the one thats comfortable to you.

Once you download it you can now obviously download bittorent files.

Once you click a torrent file it will automatically open in your bittorent client but if it doesnt follow the instruction below.

When you click on the torrent file you click open and it opens in the media player or it just plain doesn't open in your bittorent client. Well if that is whats going on then click the torrent file and instead of clicking open, you click save and save it in a folder of your choice. Once you save it go to the torrent file you saved and right click it. Go where it says OPEN WITH and choose your bittorent client. That will open the torrent file on the bittorent client. Save it on a folder of your choice again and once you press okay the download will start.

About players and codecs. I suggest you download the divx codec and the AC3 filter codec. If you still have problems with audio or video download the latest FFdshow codec. For player, check if you can do it with your windows media player. If not then download one from the forum topic link that they gave you.

Thats about it. Good luck.