PDA

View Full Version : Need To find New Anime Series Addation

UberSuperHACKER
Tue, 08-16-2005, 12:46 AM
So far I have watched ( or are still watching as new episodes come out) The Folowing Anime:

CowBoy Bebop - havent actually watched all of them...but revisiting it becuase Samurai Champloo was soo good
Samurai Champloo- Best Anime series I have ever watched... wish it never ended... Mugen is the man
Naruto -Definatly glad I started watching it...
Bleach - Decent.... some of the special powers on the show are a bit random tho.....
Full Metal Alchemist - Which I want/need to see the movie.. heh Ending didn't give too much "closure"
Inuyasha - only watched it on cartoon network .. downloading the the entire run of it as I type this..(its definatly beter when not English Dubbed tho)
Record of the Lodoss War - Decent but still don't really understand all the hype around it

Movies
Ninja Scroll - Super pimp..Great Movie..... watched the TV series too... and wished I never did..Movie good... TV series terrible
Princess Mononoke - Freakin awsome
Sprited Away - Really Freaky .... but still awsome
Vampire Hunter D - one of the first things I ever watched... found it randomly while I was in a video store...from what I remember it was cool

So I am Ready for em.. Suggestions Anything and Everything that anyone thinks I should check out.

any would be appricated

nests
Tue, 08-16-2005, 01:06 AM
Judging by the type of anime your watching you should defenetly watch the Rurouni Kenshin - Reminiscence OVA "they don't call it the greatest anime ever for nothing" after that you can decide if you want to watch the tv series
You should also check out the new ninja anime out right now called Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou, is very good so far.
Oh yeah and another of the great ones Berserk

Munsu
Tue, 08-16-2005, 01:14 AM
One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, and Yu Yu Hakusho for your shounen needs

Monster for your Drama, awesome plot, psycopath series needs

Other good ones:

Scrapped Princess
Last Exile
Samurai 7
Hajime no Ippo

And my mind just went blank...

But those should give you plenty to watch for now...

nests
Tue, 08-16-2005, 01:19 AM
Damn I forgot to mention Samurai 7 it also goes perfect with the type of stuff your watching

UberSuperHACKER
Tue, 08-16-2005, 02:19 AM
I just read about that Basilisk one and it seems prity tight......... Although Where the heck are you getin your fansubs at? I cannot find Any for it at all

Mut
Tue, 08-16-2005, 02:28 AM
FMP!, FMP: Fumoffu, FMP: TSR

PSJ
Tue, 08-16-2005, 06:32 AM
Watch all of Rurouni Kenshin and watch Gundam SEED it doesn't matter what you like SEED is the shit.

Phoenix20578
Tue, 08-16-2005, 11:03 AM
s-cry-ed is a definite and is always good.

Board of Command
Tue, 08-16-2005, 11:52 AM
In addition to the aforementioned series, these are the ones I often recommend:
Elfen Lied: my all-time favorite series. Great animation, characters and story.
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien (often referred to as KGNE): all-time second favorite. Again, great animation, characters and story.
Gungrave: not sure how I rank this, but it's definitely way up there. This has an amazing story.
Voices of a Distant Star (might have to search under "Hoshi no Koe"): a 25 minute OVA, but you won't believe how much it accomplishes in 25 minutes until you watch it. It is simply amazing. I sometimes wonder if I like this more than Elfen Lied. If you've seen or heard of Saikano, this is basically Saikano packed into one episode and without the violence. A better way to put it might be that Saikano was inspired by this OVA, since it actually came earlier than Saikano.

aznimperialx
Tue, 08-16-2005, 01:33 PM
hmm try saiyuki and saiyuki reloaded