PDA

View Full Version : Astray mangas

Marcis
Sat, 08-13-2005, 03:46 AM
Anyone could point at some locations please? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

PSJ
Sat, 08-13-2005, 05:26 AM
It doesn't exist on the net. A couple of chapters here and there but not more than that as far as i know.

Marcis
Sat, 08-13-2005, 01:30 PM
Since i dont follow everything that is happening in Gundam world i did not knew
they are translated.
Well amazon.com is good enough for me.

Marcis
Wed, 08-24-2005, 02:15 AM
Using Marcis Law of Obtaining Anime which states "If you can't download it - buy it" with addition "if you can afford it of course" i have obtained all three Astray manga volumes from amazon.com
Also laid my hands on volumes 1 & 3 of Astray R manga. 1&3 because amazon.com is too lazy to label volumes properly. I will buy volume 2 along with 4 (last one) which will come out in November.

Astray manga provides quite an interesting side story parallel to SEED anime. Mostly it follows exploits of Junk Guid tech named Lowe Gear who happens to find prototype Gundam Astray (Red Frame) mobile suit in the ruins of Heliopolis.
He also meets pilot of Astray Blue Frame Serpet Tail mercenary Gai Murakamo and Gold Frame Astray pilot Rondo.
Worth reading imo.

PSJ
Wed, 08-24-2005, 05:07 AM
Thanks for the background info and which volumes you have bought. That will be useful info in the future.

Of course it's worth reading, i would if i could.

Marcis
Wed, 08-24-2005, 08:22 AM
Glad to help. I would like also to add that they have been released by Tokyopop http://www.tokyopop.com
Price is $9.99 per book.
I also hope they they will release Astray X and Destiny Astray in future.

DDBen
Wed, 10-12-2005, 09:28 AM
Just a little update for any of you in the US still looking to buy the Gundam Seed Astray manga's. Recently www.rightstuf.com has lowered there price for them to $7.50 a book as they have done for tons of there manga. You can also get a additional 10% off that if your a member of there got anime club and you get free shipping if you can get your order upto around $99 pre discount. That usually means only 10 manga volumes and as many of them are at worst $7.50 and at best $6.75 (baring another sale where they sell them at 35% off).

So if your cheap like me and want to pick up all 7 volumes for well below retail I recommend atleast taking a look.

equvocat
Thu, 10-13-2005, 05:58 AM
Hi guys, just adding my bit to this thread.

Astray is a very huge side story spanning 2 novels, 2 photo-novels and 9 mangas. Here's the overall breakdown of the series:

Gundam Seed Astray (Manga): Originally released by Gundam Ace, the 3 manga volumes in this series depict the main story of Astray from Lowe Gear's (pilot of the Red Frame) perspective. One of the highlights include how Lowe rescued Kira from the wreckage of Strike Gundam off ORB and transferred him to the care of the blind teacher from Gundam Seed, who brought Kira to Lacus on ZAFT.

Gundam Seed Astray (Novel): Released by The Sneaker in Japan, the 2 novels in this series tells the story from Gai Murakumo's (pilot of the Blue Frame) perspective. A notable event covered in this series shows how Rondo Mina Saaka (the second pilot of the Gold Frame) lent her support into the re-organising of the Orb government after it was thrown into chaos with Lord Uzumi's sacrifice, thus setting up the governmental framework for Seed Destiny.

Gundam Seed Astray R: Released by Kadokawa Comic Ace, the 4 mangas of this series focus more on the personal development of Lowe throughout the entire Astray story. An interesting plot here was the recovering of Andrew Bartfield by Dacosta his lieutanent to the ZAFT base in Victoria.

Gundam Seed Astray B: Released by Hobby Magazine (Media Works) the 2 volumes of the photo-novel series covers the personal development of Gai throughout the entire Astray story. What's to be tied to Seed here is how the Victoria Mass Driver was re-captured by the Earth Alliance with the aid of the Gold Frame.

Gundam Seed Astray X: Released by Gundam Ace, X takes place after both Lowe and Gai knows what they are fighting for in R and B respectively. The 2 manga of this series takes place in between the 2 months gap between Seed Episode 47 and 48. Canard Pars, one who was in the same Ultimate Coordinator project as Kira. Prayer Reverie, a person with a connection to Mwu La Flaga. Dreadnought Gundam, an MS that bears the prototype of the final Gundam to come. This series in my opinion was quite good!

There's quite a lot of exciting development in the entire Astray universe, though I only managed to get a Chinese translation of Astray (manga), Astray R and Astray X. Am hoping that the novels and photo-novels get translated to English soon!

Destiny Astray will once again be divided into a novel, a manga and a diorama(photo-novel) series again. The 2 volumed manga will be covering events from the immediate post-Seed Era (after Episode 50 and the 5 minutes OVA), the novel covering events that happen a year before Seed Destiny, and the Diorama picking up the side story right after Episode 1 from Seed Destiny. After the lacklustre ending in Seed Destiny, the entire Astray canon (not to forget the *possible* 40 minutes special after Seed Destiny) might be what we really need to explain all the loopholes left open so far from Seed and Seed Destiny. Here's hoping to that! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Thu, 10-13-2005, 09:10 PM
I wonder if someone will ever scan them i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif.

aznimperialx
Thu, 10-13-2005, 09:31 PM
i would scan my gundam seed astray R but no scanner i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

masamuneehs
Sun, 04-30-2006, 05:18 AM
New Astray manga coming soon

in Gundam Ace starting in the June 26th edition. The title is partially revealed to be "Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73 * Astray" (something between the words "C.E. 73" and "Astray" is intentionally obscured by a brush stroke). Destiny Astray's 4th and final collected volume will also come out the same day.

http://blog.so-net.ne.jp/tokita/2006-04-28
Tokita's blog where the announcement can be read (obviously in Japanese)

Chris_Xion
Sun, 07-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Do the Astray side-stories feature a lot of Seed MSVs? I find a lot of them frikin cool.And one begs to ask why for the entire Seed Destiny Kira and Cagalli piloted Strike Rouge with an Aile Striker instead of the awesome IWSP.