PDA

View Full Version : After you watch an episode you...

masamuneehs
Fri, 08-12-2005, 05:32 PM
What do YOU do after watching an episode of anime?

For me it depends on the show, and if my younger sister wants me to save the episode for later. Quality shows I hardly ever delete off the computer and burn a data DVD of them to as backup. Some shows I delete right off the bat, immediatley following an episode.

I've yet to go into an anime-inspired masturbation session post episode viewing. However there have been many times I've launched into a tirade on forums after an episode irked me or disappointed me. (haven't we all?)

Saved & copied to disc: Evangelion, Escaflowne, Naruto 1-90ish, Gungrave, Berserk (+ manga), Last Exile, Gundam Seed, Bleach

Copied to disc, deleted off comp: 100 Stories, Scrapped Princess, Fafner in the Azure

Still on comp, no backup: Monster, Cowboy Bebop movie, Naruto movie

DELETED: Naruto filler, Kyou Kara Maou, Tactics, Hajime no Ippo, Chrono Crusade (blech!) GSD

I have begun to run out of space on my outdated computer and today deleted all the episodes of Gundam Seed Destiny. I have no affection for that show post episode 37 and feel cheated by the good start it had. Deleting GSD was what sorta inspired me to create this thread.

ChaosK
Fri, 08-12-2005, 06:46 PM
so, the characters of gundam seed inspired you to masturbate? and you do this in front of your sister, while handing her anime. busy hands.

XanBcoo
Fri, 08-12-2005, 07:11 PM
Still on comp/no backup: Eva episode 25, Akira, Gunslinger Girl, Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushi Sekai, FLCL, Chobits episode 21, few eps of Kenshin, episode 7 of Bebop

Saved on compy and saved to CD: some Naruto, all of Bleach

Copied to Disk, deleted from compy: Trigun, Peacemaker Kurogane, Gunslinger Girl, Wolf's Rain

Watched and Deleted: Naruto filler, Love Hina, School Rumble

I usually try and keep most of the anime I watch. All the rest I've seen on DVD.
and no, I've never had a post-anime masturbation session either.
<_<
>_>
no really!

Munsu
Fri, 08-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Everything I download I burn... I went through enough trouble downloading the piece of shit to simply delete it...

aznimperialx
Fri, 08-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
Everything I download I burn... I went through enough trouble downloading the piece of shit to simply delete it...

I do the same, Download, watch, burn,delete, repeat

Lefty
Fri, 08-12-2005, 08:11 PM
I keep most of what I DL. But not all of it, there's some stuff one can watch about once before it comes old.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 08-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Even if it sucks?

At least if you waste your time downloading it, you won't waste money on discs to hold it.

I have the 167 episodes of InuYasha, Naruto 1-125, Samurai Champloo and Ninja Scroll the movie on data disc, I always delete something when I back it up.

As for watching and deleteing, FLCL, and Elfen Lied among others.. sucks I didn't have discs to hold them.

dark maginn
Fri, 08-12-2005, 08:27 PM
I also keep most of what i dl and somtime i burn and delete

aznimperialx
Fri, 08-12-2005, 08:39 PM
well i didnt say i burn all the anime i downloaded. It really depends on what i think of it.

Burned :gundam seed/ destiny, Flcl, samurai champloo, school rumble,elfen lied,
Deleted: he is my master, jinki Extended, His and her circumstances, conan

basically the animes i deleted i never finished because i found it boring

NM
Fri, 08-12-2005, 09:40 PM
I hold on to my anime until the dvd rips come around. I'm a big KAA fan, I love their dvd rip releases. All their anime are high quality. Plus, they don't include the dub, only the anime in its original format with their own subs, which is good because then I don't have to keep switching between the dub and sub when I start up the file. The only thing is that their kinda slow but I'm patient enough.

Basically what I do is I'll watch the tv rips, then keep it in my external harddrive until I find a good quality dvd release (preferably KAA but if they don't decide to do an anime, I look at the other dvd ripping groups). Once a couple of episodes are released, I replace my tv rips with the new dvd rips and keep them until the entire series is completed. Then I burn them as data cds and delete them from my computer. I'm also planning on putting cd labels on them. On KAA's wiki, they have some good looking cd labels they made so I'm going to start putting labels soon.

2:25
Sat, 08-13-2005, 12:53 AM
I try to burn most of the series I downloaded, unless I loose interest in them and stop downloading like after 4 episodes or something.

aznimperialx
Sat, 08-13-2005, 01:09 AM
http://isohunt.com/torrents.ph...&op=and&iht=-1 (http://isohunt.com/torrents.php?ihq=&ext=&op=and&iht=-1)

Its a site where u can print out covers and put them on your own case. lol u can fool people into thinking your rich

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 08-13-2005, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs

DELETED: Naruto filler, Kyou Kara Maou, Tactics, Hajime no Ippo, Chrono Crusade (blech!) GSD

that is blasphemy, you don't delete one of the best animes ever without putting it on a disc

Y
Sat, 08-13-2005, 01:41 AM
I delete everything that sucks. I save or burn to DVD stuff that I haven't watched yet or want to archive.

I keep the recent parts of ongoing series on my PC and burn off old episodes in season-long chunks.

I also store Evangelion on my PC.

Turkish-S
Sat, 08-13-2005, 04:59 AM
delete everything. no need to keep them.

Enderz
Sat, 08-13-2005, 08:01 AM
I only ceep the latest episode of the series the rest i delete after seeing them, sometimes i save the episodes for my older sister

Terracosmo
Sat, 08-13-2005, 08:30 AM
I keep everything, I only download quality stuff.

complich8
Sun, 08-14-2005, 03:58 AM
I used to burn everything. Then I realzed that I don't want to rewatch 3 year old (or older) fansubs in sheisty divx 3.11a. And the stuff I want to rewatch, I'll just get dvds for. Just about everything ends up licensed these days.

So yeah, now I just let it sit on the fileserver. When I need space, I delete older, completed series that I know I'm not going to watch again. I don't download random stupid crap these days either, I only get stuff that I know I'll want to make time for, and things that friends who know my tastes (and have a lot more time to screen this stuff) have recommended. Makes life a lot easier.

Psyke
Sun, 08-14-2005, 08:15 AM
I burn everything to DVD. Currently I still have a few series on DVD which I've yet to watch yet, such as Mai Hime, Grenadier, etc.

aznimperialx
Sun, 08-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke
I burn everything to DVD. Currently I still have a few series on DVD which I've yet to watch yet, such as Mai Hime, Grenadier, etc.

Burning everything to DVD...thats nice...I can only burn it as a CD for my computer

Board of Command
Sun, 08-14-2005, 11:29 AM
I delete everything except Elfen Lied and KGNE, which are both on my computer and backed up on disks. That means out of the 48 series I've seen, plus the 9 ongoing series I'm watching right now, I've deleted all but 2. If Gungrave was a bit smaller in size, I would have kept that as well.

masamuneehs
Sun, 08-14-2005, 01:19 PM
I only deleted Hajime no Ippo because I was running out of room on my hard drive and really didn't think I'd ever rewatch it again. It was a good series, but I simply didnt have enough DVDs on hand at the time to burn a copy of that one too.

Jeff_from_MD
Sun, 08-14-2005, 05:26 PM
At least if you waste your time downloading it, you won't waste money on discs to hold it.

Well yes, of course only if it's "worth" the download then is it worth the burn.

Personally, I'll burn anything I was willing to watch the entire series through. I'm sure most ppl are the same ;p

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by: complich8
So yeah, now I just let it sit on the fileserver. When I need space, I delete older, completed series that I know I'm not going to watch again. I don't download random stupid crap these days either, I only get stuff that I know I'll want to make time for, and things that friends who know my tastes (and have a lot more time to screen this stuff) have recommended. Makes life a lot easier.

Sounds a lot like me.
Before, I downloaded exactly everything and burned it (I have an insane amount of burned CDs with stuff that I've never seen and never will). But I changed in a similar way. It was just getting out of hand.

Roko
Mon, 08-15-2005, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke

Me too. Problem is, I usually forget about them afterwards, so half the stuff I burned I havn't even watched, besides skimming through a few eps (usually the end =P) after the download finishes.

s0ulz x r3frain
Mon, 08-15-2005, 02:47 AM
watch everything once, then wait for my cousin to come over and watch it, then i just delete it. i've thought about burning them to cd's and all... but i realized that i wouldnt really have the time to watch a whole series over again.

complich8
Mon, 08-15-2005, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Sounds a lot like me.
Before, I downloaded exactly everything and burned it (I have an insane amount of burned CDs with stuff that I've never seen and never will). But I changed in a similar way. It was just getting out of hand.

Yeah, my "out of hand" realization came shortly after putting my eighth hard drive in the fileserver, and realizing that it was half full two weeks later.

My music needs to undergo the same sort of culling that anime did though. It's up to nearly 160 gigs now, and I really only want to have about half of it, I'm finding.

It's just .... what to cut out, what to keep... it takes SO long to sort through that stuff.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 08-15-2005, 02:24 PM
I dont keep anything i download nowadays cause my comp has 30 gb.

But i have burned many shows. Like HNI,OP,HXH,Azumanga Daioh,Prince of tennis,Gundam Seed etc.

Xollence
Mon, 08-15-2005, 07:08 PM
I burn everything, even the crappy animes, because I would burn them before watching them. I have about close to a 1000 cds, took me about 4 years, mostly movies though. It sometimes takes me a long ass time to download files, so it feels like a waste if I just delete them.

Deblas
Mon, 08-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Since my last computer didn't have a burner I would just delete them and I wouldn't keep them cause I needed the space. Also it was a drag watching anime in it. The audio kept going while the video freezes sometimes. But now I have a burner and I'm burning away.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Astronopolis
Tue, 08-16-2005, 01:12 AM
haha you guys think its hard with 30 gb, try having only 4! of course that means i delete everything i watch

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 08-16-2005, 09:30 AM
Yeah my first computer had 800 megs on it.

Total shit.

FelixZeroAlastor
Tue, 08-16-2005, 03:24 PM
I keep what I like and burn it to disc once the series is completed. Stuff I don't like gets deleted like the Negima anime. Even after it gets liscensed and I buy the DVDs I still keep the fansubs because I respect the work that the Fansubbers put into them and they are usually translated better than what gets released.

XanBcoo
Thu, 08-18-2005, 10:14 PM
Yeah...Negima sucked balls.
That's another one I downloaded and deleted immediately afterwards.

Darknodin
Fri, 08-19-2005, 04:26 PM
I watch then burn everything...

the only things I deleted were shows that were outrageously bad (usually stopped wtaching after ep 1... or longer if i had downloaded the whole series but never past ep 4 or 5)

masamuneehs
Fri, 08-19-2005, 05:51 PM
Added to the junk heap - He is My Master. UGH...

Jadugar
Fri, 08-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Most of them I delete unless their title is One Piece, Naruto, Bleach or FMP -TSR. Basically if an anime is not top notch then it has no permanent place in my archive..

Y
Fri, 08-19-2005, 09:48 PM
You keep some lame anime.

Oh yeah, and comedy option "I put it back in the retail DVD case and put it on my shelf".

Jadugar
Fri, 08-19-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by: Y
You keep some lame anime.

Oh yeah, and comedy option "I put it back in the retail DVD case and put it on my shelf".

Just because you "think" its lame, doesnt make it so. So whats your all time favorite anime, pokemon.

Y
Fri, 08-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by: Jadugar
Just because you "think" its lame, doesnt make it so. So whats your all time favorite anime, pokemon.
A Pokemon joke, how timely.

I wouldn't have noted it if you weren't so haughty about keeping only great anime, when it's pretty easy to make a case that the vast majority of Naruto and One Piece are skippable.

EDIT:

Ok no more derailing from me.

Jadugar
Fri, 08-19-2005, 10:17 PM
You still havent answered my question, your top anime. I am dying to know the name the anime that has no skippable parts. Enlighten me.

Y
Fri, 08-19-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by: Jadugar
You still havent answered my question, your top anime. I am dying to know the name the anime that has no skippable parts. Enlighten me.

Hey does bolding things help you out?

It's a derail, PM me about it.

Jadugar
Fri, 08-19-2005, 10:32 PM
Ok no more derailing from me either.

wuhoo96
Fri, 08-26-2005, 08:28 PM
I burn most of my anime on DVD, some prior to watching it. If I think an anime is terrible (like HiMM) I'll delete it. I used to delete more of it, until I go my DVD burner.

In most cases I'll just burn it, no sense in wasting the time it took to dload it.

aznroyale
Sat, 08-27-2005, 12:32 PM
download, watch, burn, delete