PDA

View Full Version : Best SEED Gundam

Phoenix20578
Thu, 08-11-2005, 10:58 AM
This is for all those gundam fanboys because i want to hear your reasoning to why you like <u>THAT</u> gundam. My favs right now are Destiny, because I have never seen a moble suit drain a NUCULAR REACTOR(OMFG), and Strike Freedom because of that awsome debut fight.

PSJ
Thu, 08-11-2005, 12:04 PM
Abyss because Auel pilots it. Justice is kinda cool to.

Wizard054
Thu, 08-11-2005, 12:06 PM
GAT-X105 Strike....cuz of Mwu la Flaga is the pilot...

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Thu, 08-11-2005, 12:14 PM
aegis because athrun piloted it and it destroyed strike and it's mobile armor mode is kool, justice because athrun piloted it and it's nuclear and it's flight pack is kool, and saviour because IMO it is the best looking gundam made so far in gsd and athrun piloted it

Deckz
Thu, 08-11-2005, 12:48 PM
If it was fav MS, Gouf Ignited (Heine)!!, but Gundam....Blitz for the stealth...
Forbidden was quite cool too, deflecting beams, &amp; his weapon =p
and i gotta include the Akatsuki lol...

Hmm...listed 3 i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Forbidden, Abyss, (Gouf Ignited, Slash Zaku Phantom = non-Gundams) Duel, Legend &amp; Providence all have top positions for me.

If I must choose one though, it will have to be Forbidden.

Splash!
Thu, 08-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Legend, Providence and Chaos. IF i had to choose one then it would be providence.

Deblas
Thu, 08-11-2005, 01:43 PM
SF, IJ, destiny and.............thats about it.

MeroTZ
Thu, 08-11-2005, 01:45 PM
If I cant say the DOM (if I can, its the DOM!)....

Its gotta be Akatsuki. Strike Freedom is ridiculous, but Akatsuki is a balanced, fast, remarkably similar to Justice MS that totally owns. And its shiny.

And in Akatsuki's case, Shinyness is = to Death.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 08-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Since everyone has done it already, lets include regular MS's also.

Curium
Thu, 08-11-2005, 01:57 PM
NMS-X07P0 Gel Finieto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NMS-X07PO_Gel_Finieto)

ZGMA-X10A
Thu, 08-11-2005, 01:58 PM
i guess mine would be with justice because it look awsome &gt;.&lt; along with savior as well XP and aegis

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Thu, 08-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by: ZGMA-X10A
i guess mine would be with justice because it look awsome &gt;.&lt; along with savior as well XP and aegis

nice choice =P ,btw welcome to the forums

aznimperialx
Thu, 08-11-2005, 05:19 PM
ummmm strike rouge and justice

masamuneehs
Thu, 08-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Favorite SEED unit has to be Yzak's Duel. I love it because its a suit... for dueling! I love duels and close range combat!

Favorite Destiny unit is Rey's Legend, because its a narsty little remake of the Providence and even has the same colors that his daddy (Rau has to be his dad, they share the same evilness) wore on his final Gundam.

Naruto_RNG
Thu, 08-11-2005, 06:09 PM
SF look better then any other gundam, i've seen so far excluding wing zero(endless walts version ofcourse). powerful too.

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-11-2005, 06:17 PM
Jesus Christ, what does everybody see in Freedom/Strike Freedom. It's the same old damn blue/white mech but with a pair of extra wings.

Deblas
Thu, 08-11-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Jesus Christ, what does everybody see in Freedom/Strike Freedom. It's the same old damn blue/white mech but with a pair of extra wings.

Have you seen the golden parts? Custom Strike Freedom bitches!!! Bling Bling!! *makes random gansta sign*

And before SF, Freedom has always been my favorite MS anyway.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 08-11-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas

Originally posted by: Terracosmo

Have you seen the golden parts? Custom Strike Freedom bitches!!! Bling Bling!! *makes random gansta sign*

And before SF, Freedom has always been my favorite MS anyway.

Now that THAT has been said, I must agree with terra

Deblas
Thu, 08-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Hell. Freedom, Strike Freedom. Yea, they are all the same. But like I said. Freedom has been my favorite MS so give it a dragoon system and some awesome golden parts to look the god part and you have a slightly upgraded version of my favorite MS. So yeah. SF rocks.

DDBen
Thu, 08-11-2005, 06:44 PM
I must admit I really do like Strike Freedom basically because they took Freedom which is already a amazing looking suit and found ways to improve upon that suit.

Infinite Justice is still to early to really tell I was not a huge fan of justice or any of the suits with the GIANT backpacks they just look silly.

Overall though I like the Goufs the best they arn't gundams but they seem to be the most orignal of the suits being used in GSD as most every other model is just a complete rehash with differn't weapons stuck on them.

I must also admit I like Gaia and Abyss quite a bit as for transforming gundams they have 2 good modes unlike say Chaos which looks absolutely terrible in its alternate and regular modes due to the giant drums glued to the back of it.

Personally as for Aegis the concept was good the mobile armor mode looked like poo.

Of the orignal 5 I have to say they all had some nice unique atributes and Yes Terra I think Yzak's Dual was very well done expecially with the reasonable upgrade of the assault shroud.

I also must say I liked Strike MUCH better then destiny considering the color change for each silloute was simply a blantant attempt to sell more models. On the plus side this was fixed with Destiny.

As for both Providence and Legend I absolutely HATE these models the backpacks with dragoons along with the round turtle shell on the back just look appauling to me atleast. I'm a much bigger fan of how Strike freedom can store its Dragoon units without affecting the mechs operation.

aznimperialx
Thu, 08-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Hell. Freedom, Strike Freedom. Yea, they are all the same. But like I said. Freedom has been my favorite MS so give it a dragoon system and some awesome golden parts to look the god part and you have a slightly upgraded version of my favorite MS. So yeah. SF rocks.

i bet u like it because it has alot of fire power and what u mean slightly. It Changed so much! They just stuck other powerful stuff into the freedom to make it truely godly which is stupid

Deblas
Thu, 08-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by: aznimperialx

i bet u like it because it has alot of fire power and what u mean slightly. It Changed so much! They just stuck other powerful stuff into the freedom to make it truely godly which is stupid

Hey buddy. I'm not defending God Freedom here so you know. When I mean slightly, I mean appereance. I'm not talking about weapons. They just changed the wing span, added some gold touches, and the rest you don't really notice until he actually fights. Okay, the chest cannon you can notice but thats about it. Though I can't say I don't like his arsenal of various weapons. Don't treat me like some noob who doesn't take in cosideration Freedoms Godly power.

Mashux7
Thu, 08-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Mine favorite is Forbidden and The ASTRAY from the series especily the blue one even if SF is so nice

Phoenix20578
Thu, 08-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Another nice one is Dreadnought Gundam. The design is pretty cool and its not that well known

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y...00A_Dreadnought_Gundam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YMF-X000A_Dreadnought_Gundam)

RTX-008L
Thu, 08-11-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by: Phoenix20578
This is for all those gundam fanboys because i want to hear your reasoning to why you like <u>THAT</u> gundam. My favs right now are Destiny, because I have never seen a moble suit drain a NUCULAR REACTOR(OMFG), and Strike Freedom because of that awsome debut fight.

destiny does not have a nuclear reacter, it's special battery
my favourite c.e. gundam is blitz, cuz it's black(my favourite colour) and original design compare to the others in the series

Originally posted by: Phoenix20578
Another nice one is Dreadnought Gundam. The design is pretty cool and its not that well known
Dreadnought (http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YMF-X000A_Dreadnought_Gundam)

dreadnought is from MSV, it's the prototype for freedom, justice and providence......it's pretty nice i must say...but dreadnought H looks better than final form

Illrenmazou
Thu, 08-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Astray Red Frame - The Gerbera Straight rocks!
Gold Frame Amatu Mina Custom - Astray+Blitz=Drooling

Psyke
Fri, 08-12-2005, 08:38 AM
GS - Aile Strike Gundam
GSD - Sword Impulse Gundam

fox_t
Fri, 08-12-2005, 08:50 AM
Actually Desinty does have a nuclear reactor...

well according to wikipedia...which may not always be right...but heck where else can u get information on imaginery technology

The hyper-deuterion nuclear reactor is a hybrid system created by ZAFT which combines a nuclear fission reactor with a deuterion beam system. The mechanics of this system are unknown, but hyper-deuterion reactors are more powerful and efficient than conventional fission reactors, but require a hyper capacitor battery and recharging, which effectively makes it having a shorter operation time. The hyper-deuterion reactor is currently used by the ZGMF-X42S Destiny and ZGMF-X666S Legend The "G.U.N.D.A.M" acronym for mobile suits with a hyper-deuterion nuclear reactor is Gunnery United Nuclear-Deuterion Advanced Maneuver.

SEED: Providence

Destiny: Destiny and SF

kenren
Fri, 08-12-2005, 08:59 AM
i've always like impulse and destiny...most probably because i like shinn... ^_^V

Marcis
Fri, 08-12-2005, 08:59 AM
SEED: Blitz
GSD: Sword Impulse

PSJ
Fri, 08-12-2005, 09:09 AM
To whoever said Justice's flightpack was silly, that flightpack is awesome. Without it Justice would be garbage.

fox_t
Fri, 08-12-2005, 09:31 AM
i forgot to say why...

Destiny because of all the new Mobile suits clearly it has the least amount of firepower...yet it`s so destructive...i think it`s the ship-sword...Shinn is a ship-sword whore...

SF because it`s just badass...

Providence because before Freedom finished off providence it was toying with anyone near it on the battlefiled...while destroying METEOR it was tearing Dearka's suit apart...it also scrapped Mwu's suit...and almost laid waste to freedom...except for the whole beam saber through the chest incident...but still it`s badass nonetheless.

Marcis
Fri, 08-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by: fox_t
i forgot to say why...

Destiny because of all the new Mobile suits clearly it has the least amount of firepower...yet it`s so destructive...i think it`s the ship-sword...Shinn is a ship-sword whore...

Providence because before Freedom finished off providence it was toying with anyone near it on the battlefiled...while destroying METEOR it was tearing Dearka's suit apart...it also scrapped Mwu's suit...and almost laid waste to freedom...except for the whole beam saber through the chest incident...but still it`s badass nonetheless.
Well Destiny Gundam is hardly sword-whore.
Sword Impulse is all-swords i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif And it can even combine both.

fox_t
Fri, 08-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by: Marcis

i forgot to say why...

Well Destiny Gundam is hardly sword-whore.
Sword Impulse is all-swords And it can even combine both.

true...but i still stand by my original statement...that Shinn is a ship-sword whore...

aznimperialx
Fri, 08-12-2005, 04:19 PM
How is Shin a anti ship Whore?

RTX-008L
Fri, 08-12-2005, 04:43 PM

well according to wikipedia...which may not always be right...but heck where else can u get information on imaginery technology

The hyper-deuterion nuclear reactor is a hybrid system created by ZAFT which combines a nuclear fission reactor with a deuterion beam system. The mechanics of this system are unknown, but hyper-deuterion reactors are more powerful and efficient than conventional fission reactors, but require a hyper capacitor battery and recharging, which effectively makes it having a shorter operation time. The hyper-deuterion reactor is currently used by the ZGMF-X42S Destiny and ZGMF-X666S Legend The "G.U.N.D.A.M" acronym for mobile suits with a hyper-deuterion nuclear reactor is Gunnery United Nuclear-Deuterion Advanced Maneuver.

SEED: Providence

Destiny: Destiny and SF

it was off the model instruction booklet of destiny...you can go check

drunkenmaster
Fri, 08-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by: aznimperialx
How is Shin a anti ship Whore?

shin's giant sword is an anti ship sword. and we all know he loves that sword. that is one of the reasons why he can slice through destroys in like 2 seconds and shields do nothing to stop it. both kira's shield and athrun's sheild were mangaled in one hit by the sword.

Kovash
Fri, 08-12-2005, 05:39 PM

Theory: From that decription, I get the impression that it has nuclear reactor like Freedom/Justice/Providence except it doesn't power the suit directly, but rather has this 'hyper-capacity' battery thing that it's plugged into. So it sounds like the suit drains the power in the battery (shutting off all the extra features, like phase-shift and the like) and the reactor recharges it whlie the suit remains slightly vulnerable. Sorta like how the Impulse could recharge using the duterion beam from the minerva, but Destiny cuts out the middle man (minerva).

Edit: A possible explaination for this round-about system is that Dillundal is still technically abiding by the ban on neuclear (powered) weapons, where the Clyne faction is not, which is a reason to go after them, maybe?

Edit2: And for an on topic point - My favourite is Impulse, the entire Impulse package, that is, not a single shilloette.

fox_t
Sat, 08-13-2005, 02:32 AM
@aznimperialx don't worry i'm not bashing Shinn...it's just clear that he loves the ship-sword like campers love the awp.

@RTX-008L thx for verifying the info

@Kovash i guess that would be one reason he could use but I thought that treaty was no longer in effect.

back to the topic...

i just watched the ending of SEED again today...and Providence was one badass mofo...that thing kicked the crap out of everyone...i think Legend will be ridiculous and will perhaps become my fav suit.

Psyke
Sat, 08-13-2005, 02:58 AM
i just watched the ending of SEED again today...and Providence was one badass mofo...that thing kicked the crap out of everyone...i think Legend will be ridiculous and will perhaps become my fav suit.

Legend won't be ridiculous nor as strong as where Providence was. Providence was the "final boss" made to conclude the Seed series and to give Kira a tough fight in the finale, and Legend isn't going to be it in Destiny.

alukard
Sat, 08-13-2005, 04:18 AM
So Destiny does have nuclear fission reactor after all. And it has the ability to instantly recharge itself in the middle of battle to top it off. Just because its nuclear powered doesnt mean it will last indefinitely after seeing what Destiny can do. Depending on its power consumption even normal fission reactors like SF can run out of power even in the hands of the those who use it very conservatively such as with Kira. Indefinite is a relative term. It can mean it can last 5 years or 5 consecutive gundam battles or 5 cosmic eras. Nothing however lasts forever. SF can last in one or two battles and have to recharge if it expends itself. But thats one or two battles it dont have to recharge and that could mean taking out a handful more grunts but that means nothing when it comes to battle of between the heroes of each sides when it truly tests a person to his/her limits.

SF is not godly. Destiny is. They couldnt give Kira that suit because everyone hates Kira enough b/c of his ultimate coordinator status, his supposed New-type ability, and because ppl have already seen him enough and have a problem with that.

Lets see what Destiny has. It has palm cannons, rangs, sephiroth/cloud buster sword, a primary nuclear reactor and secondary power plant rechargeable by deuterium (as if one power plant isnt l33t enough), phase-shift, Mirage colloid to be virtually invisible (tactically deadly but power draining), and most of all it moves at speeds that even leaves a trial of debris behind it. Imagine a freakin thrust move from a MS like Destiny. How would you react? Could you? Even if you could dodge, the shock wave from its slice would still leave you paralyzed in awe and confusion. A direct hit would pierce through the hardiest of carapaces. The reason it ran out of power is its l33t "cheats" (okay its not a cheat but it is quite godly; now that's just sinful) like mirage colloid and the ability to run in circles around SF and because it blocked direct hits from Kira's chest cannon along with numerous other occasions with its beam shields, and Shinn was using powering up all of Destiny's abilities all at once. Even Kira couldn't keep up with Destiny in seed mode. This isnt Naruto world where Kira has Sharigan or can detect invisibility with just a hand seal magic. All he sees are beams, rangs, and body parts flying and next thing is Destiny's ship-buster. (Ahem, not alluding to anything, really..)

What SF has above Freedom is that it has guns mounted on the hips, one on its chest (nothing new, just surprising that a cameo gundam of Aegis reappears in upgraded form), and providance's D.R.A.G.O.O.N. SF is a Dr frankenstein's version of Aegis+Freedom+Providance. Its still slow and still can be overpowered by a faster gundam of the next generation such as Impulse or Destiny. Okay maybe not Impulse but the gundams are rolling out left and right so you don't know which is the next generation and yours may already be outdated when its out even if its specs are most to date. Speed isnt everything; its everything when timing matters. Have you ever drive above 90 mph on a 70mph or 60 mph on a 40 mph road (i never got a speeding ticket b/c even my grandmother tells me im usually driving slow)? Every car around you seem to almost come to a complete stop. (Dont try that at/near your home, kids and adults alike.) Destiny is like that compared to any other mobile suits. In critical battle speed IS everything and power is nothing (unless you're a type of person that have no problem taking out John Doe 1 along with your bud Charlie.) Its quite different if you're trying to bang down a door with your head after having lost your keys while trying to go home from a hard day of work &amp; relieve yourself.

knirfie
Sat, 08-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Original Freedom is my favourite Seed gundam

but my all time favourite is the Full Armor ZZ (Protype) i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
http://www.1999.co.jp/dbimages/user/hobby/itbig/10020143a.jpg

edit:
@alukard, sorry but you're wrong on several points:
1 - Destiny's Mirage Colloid doesn't allowe for invisibility, just the afterimages.
2 - In both episodes SF in HiMAT mode didn't seem any slower then Destiny when it came down to speed
3 - Two reactors doesn't mean shit if the Second and most important one draines that fast, I haven't ever seen or heard of Freedom (or any other fission reactor powered gundam) needing to recharge... Destiny has more power, but for a much and much shorter time...

Yes, destiny has a few special features, like his "shining" type hands, half functioning Mirage Colloid, and bad ass sword (though two beamsabers are tactically better)...

Fortunatly for Shin it seemes like the Dragoon system can't be used on earth...

alukard
Sat, 08-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZGMF-X42S_Destiny_Gundam)

Then how do you explain Destiny was able to make a full revolution around Strike Freedom in half a nanosecond and had Kira completely surprised and almost lost Destiny's movement besides the afterimage he sees which is useless if thats all he can see and the last thing he'll see?

Uh if you got two reserves and you use all your MS abilities all at once an can do shiz to SF of course it means something. SF could easily drain its primary if it has all that L33t stuff (sorry overused but true..ahem). Seeing that both power plants are fission reactors its not hard to figure out which reactor is better. If Gilbert is using an illegally banned technology such as using anything nuclear that was banned from the treaty after the war because of nuclear weapons being a weapon of terrible consequences if it falls into terrorist hands, then i suspect he doesnt care because after all he used it on both Destiny and Legend and feel justified going all out against Logos.

As for number 3. Nuclear reactor is a nuclear reactor. Fission reactor is a fission reactor. You dont reverse engineer and down-grade your shit; afterall, Zaft has all that technology, world connection, and money and cant even compete with some girl in pink and her ghetto weapon lab thats in a 1 km diameter asteroid and funded by salvaged Freedom &amp; Justice parts???? What the heck?

Newer is always better. SF doesnt need to recharge because Kira uses it efficiently. If he has Destiny's speed and Mirage colliode and its high output for the hyper-driven beams and speed then YES Freedom WILL drain itself that fast if not faster. What is this about? Hybrid nuclear reactor? It says Hyper Capacitator meaning that it can go overdrive and uses more nuclear fission material to boost it to extreme limits. It even has a secondary battery thats rechargeable by Deutorion and as a back up and Shinn couldnt do shit to Kira in a fair battle. There's no such shit as hybrid fission reactor. I might not know much about my science seeing as how im an adult and you're may still be in school (that i dont know) and have that book in front of you and still cant even remember your stuff and rely on an old person who dropped out of high school then let me give you a briefing.

Nuclear fission power is powered by enriched fission material usually highly enriched plutonium or uranium. These materials are lowered into small pockets and driven by collision of uncharged high velocity free roaming neutrons released by some kind of catalyst such as heat or shooting neutron from magnetic shielded guns. (aside: Nuclear fusion is currently impossible i think due to limited understanding of how to sustain such a reaction without using alot of heat and gaining little in return for the effort.) However this is quite dangerous once a chain reaction starts (see Hiroshima and Nagasaki) so Cadmium rod (a highly reactive metal), graphite rods or whatever is lowered into the small pockets sustained in lead tubes is used to slow down reactions. Heat from the reactions is used to drive water turbines or such energy harvesting mechanism (and left overs are stored in batteries such as one on Destiny to use as reserves) to produce electricity. Its the same reactions that powered your cars. You fill it up with gas instead and backup batteries start the ignition which creates a small spark that combines gases, oxygen, and you're in good business as long as it keep it well lubed and fueled. Batteries are recharged on the go as you are running on gas and such (for hydrogen powered cars its the friction from braking.) The difference is that nuclear lasts a very very very very long time compared to gas powered. Every mechanical part needs some kind of battery as back up. If none of that makes sense then open your science books. It help to read every now and then.

The hybrid part of Destiny is that its powered by Deuterium. I dont know what that shizniz is all about but i assume it means its way better than SF's reactor for sure because as i already explained they're both nuclear reactors but Destiny's also has a backup 2nd power plant and is rechargeable by that beam that comes from Minerva on the go in seconds flat. Also Destiny AND Impulse are faster than Freedom and Strike Freedom (Freedom with spare Providence parts including trophy of Raww's bloody mask in the near the cig tray compartment.) When Kira was running from Impulse he was completely out-maneuvered and almost couldnt even keep up with a slow ship like Archangel and Freedom was equipped with Himat! He might even need to recharge his nuclear powered plant soon (even with its nuclear fission power plant.) However when Shinn was running from Kira, Kira barely blinked and the declawed rooster ran like a frightened and obedient chicken (ray's hand puppet) and was already half a mile away in a nanosecond. How do you explain that???

fox_t
Sat, 08-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by: alukard
Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZGMF-X42S_Destiny_Gundam)

Then how do you explain Destiny was able to make a full revolution around Strike Freedom in half a nanosecond and had Kira completely surprised and almost lost Destiny's movement besides the afterimage he sees which is useless if thats all he can see and the last thing he'll see?

Uh if you got two reserves and you use all your MS abilities all at once an can do shiz to SF of course it means something. SF could easily drain its primary if it has all that L33t stuff (sorry overused but true..ahem). Seeing that both power plants are fission reactors its not hard to figure out which reactor is better. If Gilbert is using an illegally banned technology such as using anything nuclear that was banned from the treaty after the war because of nuclear weapons being a weapon of terrible consequences if it falls into terrorist hands, then i suspect he doesnt care because after all he used it on both Destiny and Legend and feel justified going all out against Logos.

As for number 3. Nuclear reactor is a nuclear reactor. Fission reactor is a fission reactor. You dont reverse engineer and down-grade your shit; afterall, Zaft has all that technology, world connection, and money and cant even compete with some girl in pink and her ghetto weapon lab thats in a 1 km diameter asteroid and funded by salvaged Freedom &amp; Justice parts???? What the heck?

Newer is always better. SF doesnt need to recharge because Kira uses it efficiently. If he has Destiny's speed and Mirage colliode and its high output for the hyper-driven beams and speed then YES Freedom WILL drain itself that fast if not faster. What is this about? Hybrid nuclear reactor? It says Hyper Capacitator meaning that it can go overdrive and uses more nuclear fission material to boost it to extreme limits. It even has a secondary battery thats rechargeable by Deutorion and as a back up and Shinn couldnt do shit to Kira in a fair battle. There's no such shit as hybrid fission reactor. I might not know much about my science seeing as how im an adult and you're may still be in school (that i dont know) and have that book in front of you and still cant even remember your stuff and rely on an old person who dropped out of high school then let me give you a briefing.

Nuclear fission power is powered by enriched fission material usually highly enriched plutonium or uranium. These materials are lowered into small pockets and driven by collision of uncharged high velocity free roaming neutrons released by some kind of catalyst such as heat or shooting neutron from magnetic shielded guns. (aside: Nuclear fusion is currently impossible i think due to limited understanding of how to sustain such a reaction without using alot of heat and gaining little in return for the effort.) However this is quite dangerous once a chain reaction starts (see Hiroshima and Nagasaki) so Cadmium rod (a highly reactive metal), graphite rods or whatever is lowered into the small pockets sustained in lead tubes is used to slow down reactions. Heat from the reactions is used to drive water turbines or such energy harvesting mechanism (and left overs are stored in batteries such as one on Destiny to use as reserves) to produce electricity. Its the same reactions that powered your cars. You fill it up with gas instead and backup batteries start the ignition which creates a small spark that combines gases, oxygen, and you're in good business as long as it keep it well lubed and fueled. Batteries are recharged on the go as you are running on gas and such (for hydrogen powered cars its the friction from braking.) The difference is that nuclear lasts a very very very very long time compared to gas powered. Every mechanical part needs some kind of battery as back up. If none of that makes sense then open your science books. It help to read every now and then.

The hybrid part of Destiny is that its powered by Deuterium. I dont know what that shizniz is all about but i assume it means its way better than SF's reactor for sure because as i already explained they're both nuclear reactors but Destiny's also has a backup 2nd power plant and is rechargeable by that beam that comes from Minerva on the go in seconds flat. Also Destiny AND Impulse are faster than Freedom and Strike Freedom (Freedom with spare Providence parts including trophy of Raww's bloody mask in the near the cig tray compartment.) When Kira was running from Impulse he was completely out-maneuvered and almost couldnt even keep up with a slow ship like Archangel and Freedom was equipped with Himat! He might even need to recharge his nuclear powered plant soon (even with its nuclear fission power plant.) However when Shinn was running from Kira, Kira barely blinked and the declawed rooster ran like a frightened and obedient chicken (ray's hand puppet) and was already half a mile away in a nanosecond. How do you explain that???

since you are using wikipedia as your point of reference u probably missed this part...contained in your link.

While Destiny and Strike Freedom seemed fairly evenly matched, Shinn was eventually ordered to retreat due to having lost several weapons and his hyper capacitor running low on energy. Whether this is a sign of the hyper-deuterion reactor being inferior to standard fission reactors or simply of Destiny having unusually high power consumption requirements is not yet known.

now back on topic...

http://www.1999.co.jp/dbimages/user/hobby/itbig/10020143a.jpg

hot damn...that's nice...

alukard
Sat, 08-13-2005, 06:39 PM
What 'seemed' to be a fair match is due to what is obviously a better pilot wooping azz. Shinn was owned completely and used up everything he got.
Look at episode 42 and there's no need for anything to 'seem' fairly matched. Destiny completely out-maneuvered Freedom at one point after Kira blasted the shiz out of Shinn and he used the butterfly wings and ran in a blink of an eye such as fast as he turned around behind Kira and he left Kira completely amazed at Destiny's speed as Shinn went to get some patches and bandage his berserked, diesel gushing, methamphetamine enhanced MS.

Below is what was really said by Wikipedia regarding battle between Kira and Shinn
---
Destiny and Strike Freedom faced off against each other anti-ship sword vs double beam sabers. Destiny blocked a shot from Strike Freedom's docked double beam rifles with the beam shield. Destiny then fired its plasma cannon. Strike Freedom also fired its chest cannon and the two beams hit and cancelled each other out. Shinn returned with the Arondight anti-ship sword and tried to slice Strike Freedom, but the latter grabbed the anti-ship sword with its hands and fired the railguns which knocked Destiny back. Having lost the anti-ship sword, Destiny used its beam rifle to continue the fight. Both Destiny and Strike Freedom had several fly-by beam rifle shots, but neither could get a crippling shot. In the battle, Destiny seemed to be faster than Strike Freedom, but having fought against Akatsuki first and then Strike Freedom, Shinn used Destiny's beam wings to boost speed many times, and thus put a strain on Destiny's available power stored in its Hyper Capacitor. Rey then messaged Shinn and ordered him to retreat back to the Minerva to resupply and recharge. After a quick resupply, both Shinn and Rey launched from Minerva to face Strike Freedom again.

---

The above proved Shinn is an anti-ship ..ahem.

drunkenmaster
Sat, 08-13-2005, 06:48 PM
and then in episode 43 ur uber l33t fast gundam got its arm sliced off in like half a nanosecond by a even faster gundam.

alukard
Sat, 08-13-2005, 07:00 PM
Where can i see the epi 43 raw? Can't wait to see Destiny getting owned. I pointed that Destiny is fast but that doesnt mean Kira cant stop it with its rangs. If its 2 vs 1 then its sad that Shinn couldnt own Kira.

drunkenmaster
Sat, 08-13-2005, 07:01 PM
justice owns destiny 1v1... not kira. so therefore kira did not stop destiny. oh yeah u can get the ep here: http://bt.saiyaman.info/

knirfie
Sun, 08-14-2005, 04:47 AM
You're missing my point, i'm not saying SF is the better gundam, Destiny is the stonger/better one, but the difference isn't that great, and Destiny does have it drawbacks...

edit: and btw, that scene you're talking bout when Destiny is flying half circles around SF and SF is turning around and backing away every time, SF isn't in HiMAT mode... Which could probably explain part of the big difference in speed seen in that episode.

and how I explain all that? That Gundam Seed Destiny is a bit inconsequent...

KapsLocked
Sun, 08-14-2005, 05:19 AM
It really would've been interesting if Freedom still had somewhat of a restriction on power...

... then again, a fission reactor is enough to power probably a whole state for several decades...

OT though, I still like Duel. :3 They should make a remake of that one. And Savior was pretty cool too.

drunkenmaster
Sun, 08-14-2005, 10:40 AM
saviour wsa pretty cool. but athurn has his new ride! who needs saviour whenu got justice!

Motteh
Sun, 08-14-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by: drunkenmaster
saviour wsa pretty cool. but athurn has his new ride! who needs saviour whenu got justice!
because even if you have justice there are still people that need to be rescued, hence you need a savior i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Seed: i personally like Duel a fair bit, but only after it got it's upgrade
furthermore i liked Strike because of it's versatility
Seed Destiny: Impulse, same reason as Strike but i didn't dig the colour change (although it looked cool with the blaster pack on, but i'm not sure it was coloured differently then with it's Force silhouette)
Destiny, same as Strike but now it's all in 1 package, no need to switch silhouette/packs anymore
and last but not least, (Infinite) Justice, i was just in awe when i saw it's appearance in the phase 43 raw
to me it looked wonderful, can't wait to see it in all it's glory in tight close combat (since that is Athrun's style)

on a side note, i really liked Mwu's Moebius Zero and Neo's Exas as well, just to show that with a capable pilot even a fighter is able to take down mobile suits, which are considered superior without a doubt

P.S. if you take the very first line seriously and flame me for it, i cannot help but think you a fool
on the other hand, in life, it has some truth into it i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Kovash
Mon, 08-15-2005, 01:52 AM
Note: I don't think Shinn returned to the Minerva because his power was running low, but because he had lost half his equipment and needed replacements to fight effectivly. Luckily for Freedom all it's weapons are inbuilt so you can't expend them without running out of power.

Since we havn't acctually SEEN what's so great about this Hyper-Duterion Reactor and Hyper-Capsitor, we can't say that Freedom's is better OR worse.

By the by, I tihnk Freedom is the better suit, its design seems more intelligent/eligant as opposed to Desinty that looks like they got random parts form random gundams and threw them together. What's so special about his wings again?

drunkenmaster
Mon, 08-15-2005, 04:27 PM
destny has special wings because he flies on the wings of light system. if you look closely, you can tell the pink/prurplish halo on this wings and the thrust looks like 2 angel wings. supposively, these wings allow him to fly faster.

Motteh
Mon, 08-15-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by: Kovash
Note: I don't think Shinn returned to the Minerva because his power was running low, but because he had lost half his equipment and needed replacements to fight effectivly. Luckily for Freedom all it's weapons are inbuilt so you can't expend them without running out of power.actually when he gets called back you see him looking at his power level meter thingy and you can see it is about halfway depleted (it's in the white instead of all the way up to the green when fully powered)

MeroTZ
Mon, 08-15-2005, 06:45 PM
All nuclear reactors are equal. And you cant drain them.

The advantage to having a second power source is not lenght, its output. For example, reactor A can only output X power (IE, Freedom). However, Destiny has reactor A (for powering mundane systems and weapons) in addition to battery B. Therefore, Destiny's output at any point can be X + Y, which is greater than X.

Nuclear Reactors can not be depleted on demand: Its a reaction, and the reaction only goes as fast as it goes. Output is static, and what matters is how much of that output you are using and how much is going to waste. However, Freedom, Justice, and Legend can never exceed X amount of power.

Destiny, however, can. I'm guessing for its wings. And without those nifty wings, I bet Destiny is as slow as any other booster (non flight) capable Mobile Suit.

In closing: its not possible to 'drain' a nuclear reactor, they dont work like that. You can, however, drain a battery.

Kovash
Mon, 08-15-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by: Motteh
actually when he gets called back you see him looking at his power level meter thingy and you can see it is about halfway depleted (it's in the white instead of all the way up to the green when fully powered)

Yes, but that was never a problem in Impulse because of the Duterion system it had. If power was his problem, he could have just recharged (either internally, or through the duterion beam, we are as of yet to find out) and Impulse could just have more equipment flown out to it using the Splendor system. Destiny on the otherhand needs to fly back to the Minerva to restock - hence, maintainence is why he flies back, not power.

This is further shown because when he looks at his power indicator, he says "What? But I can still...!" then Rey cuts him off and orders him to return. So yeah, I don't think Power was ever going to be a problem, short of spending half a second recharging the capsitor.

heero
Mon, 08-15-2005, 08:10 PM
The original freedom is my fav because of it's cool looking wings... I also liked wing zero custom back then so...
The reason why I like the old freedom better simply because SF's wings dont look as cool and the gold parts kinda look weird :/

romancing_xaga
Mon, 08-15-2005, 09:23 PM
My fav Gundam?... Although Saviour does look so cool, I also like Forbidden, it's just because I liked the role of it in the battlefield you know, hehe. Yes, I'll go with Providence, its just it matches up really its pilot. Its strong, powerful, dark, really merciless, and undoubtly wicked!

Other faves, Destiny, Akatsuki and White Blaze Panthom. (Rey sytle!.)

Enderz
Tue, 08-16-2005, 06:39 AM
Blitz and its invisiblety

RedX1z
Fri, 08-19-2005, 09:44 AM
Favorite Gundam? Freedom or Forbidden? Okay, Forbidden! Just because the pilot is cool and the gundam has that old school scythe.

SKII
Fri, 08-19-2005, 07:19 PM
X20A Strike Freedom cos is Freedom 2 and Kira pilots it. Nothin left 2 say

RedX1z
Fri, 08-19-2005, 08:16 PM
Strike Freedom, not bad, but not all that great.

Vince Flyte
Sun, 08-21-2005, 02:14 AM
Strike, Astray Blue Frame, Gaia, Akatsuki, Infinite Justice, and final Strike Freedom.