PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 146 discussion

Death13a
Wed, 08-10-2005, 10:54 PM
Subded version: http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/

Overall it was very BORING episode 95% of talking with no info. But 5% were pretty good. BTW no episode 147 next week and juding from RAW they will be Naruto special some kinda.

Aeon
Thu, 08-11-2005, 12:07 AM
That ep was far from boring, I hope the person running through the trees was Neji and the gang but sadly I see it being Kiba's team since Karanai was also beat by those guys. Mizuki using that variation of the curse seal looked pimp.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 08-11-2005, 12:53 AM
Yeah, you know, I gotta say, in spite of myself, this episode actually has me interested in whats going to happen next.

I found it odd that Tsunade wasn't particularly worries about what was going on until she found out Raijin and Fuujin were with Mizuki. I wonder if she figured out what his potion does and is worried he'll give it to them.

woofcat
Thu, 08-11-2005, 01:31 AM
Having watched this i am dissapointed. I know its filler but i always want to see the story line progress.

Jaredster
Thu, 08-11-2005, 01:53 AM
You know. This is the first time i am willingly not downloading a naruto episode.

LowLifeEric
Thu, 08-11-2005, 01:53 AM
i utterly hate the fillers.

Jeff_from_MD
Thu, 08-11-2005, 02:02 AM
Sasuke getting branded by Oro's seal was interesting cuz Sasuke's the most qualified.
The 4 bodyguards of Oro were branded as well but their main purpose was to lure Sasuke.
Kimimaro was also bred for the purpose of Oro.

But this Mizuki is like a flunky man. And who wants to see some lackey getting the cursed seal just for the purpose of getting a cursed seal?

My nose is upturned for now. Hopefully we'll see something different though, and not just some random mutant with extra strength like that Arashi fellow from the last arc.

Bloodraven
Thu, 08-11-2005, 02:02 AM
And so we must continue to endure this torture...

Still, I thought 146 was much better than the last 2 episodes. Mizuki gaining Orochimaru's power is somewhat intriging. I also wonder what he's going to do with his giant shuriken now that he has it back....

I'm guessing the person running through the forest was Tsunade. It's pretty easy to see she's going to come and save Ino-Shik-Chou's asses from the retard bros. Guess we'll really find out if they have sannin strength when they go up against a real sannin.

Also, is the next episode a 147-148 special?

smurfyy
Thu, 08-11-2005, 02:07 AM
lol, i'd gladly wait an extra week for the special, i just hope they (dattebayo) dont put another gayass "niggersfromspace" shit out again

UberSuperHACKER
Thu, 08-11-2005, 02:32 AM
Yeah this is my first tiome posting on here But .......... is it just me or is even the dialogue bad on this episode?.... Also Why was Orochimaru Hangin out .. in the tree....Watching Mizuki.

I mean This entire arc has made no sense, The Cursed seals were one thing But The "Snake bite Arm Tatoo That told Mizuki how to make the speicial Super power Red Drink"......That is "Orochimaru's Power"... that is just dumb. Its overly complex and makes NO sense. The Cursed Seals Have the power in them and they cost the user their life if used too much...... If Orochimaru has this Happy Supper Kool-aid, WTF use the Cursed seals at all...... Why dosent he give everyone a glass of juice instead... or Spike the punch with it at parties. Also Mizuki Suffocates one Guy and Orochimaru wants to give him the super juice?.... Everyone else
Orochimaru has in his squad seems to have a purpose behind them...some..sorta use....... (Sauske has his Bloodline limit...etc etc...).... Mizuki is just lame...... NOw for the stupid brothers.......I wont even comment

It Just seems to me That The Writers tried to make something original but instead mae a story line that makes no sense......yet at the same time is recycled garbage....(super juice = lame Cursed Seal)

Here is a spoiler for everyone...... This is what is gonna happen in the NEXT episode.......
Mizuki is Gonna Fight Naruto and Iruka......Mizukis woman will be in that fight too.....
After loosing the fight Mizuki is going to experience some horrid side effects from the Prototype Super Juice and he is gonna Be incapicated (not dead tho.. becuase they will need to being this torrid POS storyline back some day .. when they need more filler) ....or Tsunade is gonna Have an ANTI super Drink made up.... and that is gonna beat him

then I would assume sauske would end up in a hospital somehow... but he is gone now (anyone else think he looks like some long forgotten member of the band "KISS" when he transforms with his cursed seal?)

OH well at least its over soon and they will get to the next arc......... I would love for it to catch up to the manga a bit... it would be great to see Sakura do something in a fight besides Being a speedbump for a charging bad guy (a la standing infront of sauske to block a charging garaa........ who would have killed her if she did not luckly tirgger some sorta psychotic brainspazzam in him)... did anyone notice that In the "tea country" arc Sakura picked up the MAST of the ship they were in and Smacked a few bad guys with it?

THERE IS one AWSOME thing about THIS episode tho.. I watched the RAW version and the pampers comerical at the begining of it almost had me in tears I was laughing so hard... I dunnno why Tho But that little FREAKY elephant Cradcks me up

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-11-2005, 08:21 AM
Well as far as fillers go this was the best one in the arc so far. Not like that's saying much but...

There were some nice camera angles and stuff that I enjoyed, which looked kinda professional. However, that didn't save the fact that the storyline is horribly predictable & worthlessly executed. And of course, no matter how "good" a filler is, there will always be Naruto there to fuck it up. God, he is so damn annoying. Has there been any ep the last 4 months where he doesn't mention that he must find fucking Sasuke?

Turkish-S
Thu, 08-11-2005, 08:51 AM
same as terra.

and also why doesn't oro make a whole fucking army . i mean like if it can make a noob like mizuki strong why dont he just make 1000 people go berserk. he could easilly crush konoha that way.

Kirakun
Thu, 08-11-2005, 09:10 AM
This episode was horrible. When did they learn to fly above the trees for that long of a distance/time anyway? God please make this end soon...

jing
Thu, 08-11-2005, 11:27 AM
I haven't watched this ep yet, but lately I've been only downloading to see how much it will suck. Kind of interesting.

Krazyluck
Thu, 08-11-2005, 11:31 AM
I think we just need some Kakashi action up in here ^^

ChibiYali
Thu, 08-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Don't think the episode sucks as much... I was thinking that maybe the potion will give him temporary powers or something...
At least there will be some action again (hopefully) and there's always the hope for some of the good old tactics, but I can just be silly and nostalgic about that...

All in all, I don't think the episode sucked all that much... but that's just my personal opinion.. for all that it's worth... they sure got me curious as to what's going to happen next week...

UberSuperHACKER
Thu, 08-11-2005, 02:35 PM
I thought the same Thing turkish-shikamaru did after I made my post I mean Why wouldn't Orochimaru just make abunch of scrubs chug the power juice and take over that way.........

BakaDave
Thu, 08-11-2005, 03:14 PM
THis is all i have to say http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/Lookitsuperdave/_DB__Naruto_146__9C5059CD_094_0001c.jpg

Phoenix20578
Thu, 08-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by: UberSuperHACKER
I thought the same Thing turkish-shikamaru did after I made my post I mean Why wouldn't Orochimaru just make abunch of scrubs chug the power juice and take over that way.........

Because that would be to smart. All the characters in Naruto have to be morons. They all have to do things the long and stupid way and not the quick way(At least in the fillers).

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Someone should further edit that Mizuki image and make him have mentos instead, and then write "the freshmaker" above. YEAH!

BakaDave
Thu, 08-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Just for you Terra http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/Lookitsuperdave/_DB__Naruto_146__9C5059CD_094_0002c.jpg

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-11-2005, 05:48 PM
You rule man. That's seriously awesome. LOL

Coriandria
Fri, 08-12-2005, 02:31 AM
this is going to sound crazy but......

I LOVE FILLERS!!!

I joke with my friends that the only reason I watch Naruto is to see Sakura or any girl for that matter defeat an enemy that's not a girl. So far a man has never been defeated by a girl if my memory serves me correctly. But I particularly want to see Sakura kick butt. I like Sakura a lot and think she has the potential to be really really cool. And from my observations Fillers/Movie/anything not directly from the manga seems to be the only time she shows any sign of almost being useful. I could be wrong as I don't read the manga and only know when something is a filler by people telling me. But from the information I've gotten that seems to be the case. Like the above mentioned mast breaking she did to defeat the water clones or when she used her chakra to save her and sasuke from going kersplat. Or the time in the movie where she was actually GIVING Sasuke the orders during a fight. GO HER!! So yeah when people tell me we are in another filler I get giddy. I think to myself "will I see Sakura approach usefulness? will I be that lucky?"

On that note. I'm hoping the person running through the trees will be Sakura and we will get a sneak preview of the results of her training with Tsunade. Though in all honesty I'm guessing it's Tsunade herself. But I can still dream!!!

And for the potion being the Cursed Seal. I imagine that this potion can't be turned off like the seal can and since it was mentioned earlier it's not good for the body to be in Cursed Seal mode for too long Mizuki will probably fight super cool until his tank runs out of gas and he spontaneously dies in his fiances arms all teary eye'd and such. That's my useless prediction. But overall I like this filler at least we are getting some background story on one of the side characters for a change. what ever happened to Hinata changing? When are we going to see her kick butt? or talk or more than 2 lines?

First post on these forums. And many more annoying posts still to come :-)

TS8
Fri, 08-12-2005, 05:35 AM
Orochimaru has successfully made a machine to mass-produce Kool-Aid containing steroids.

Krazyluck
Fri, 08-12-2005, 06:11 AM
That was his major plan all along =P

TS8
Fri, 08-12-2005, 06:15 AM
Duh. All Sasuke is for is cheap immigrant labor.

BakaDave
Fri, 08-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Here's another thing i got to say about this episode http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/Lookitsuperdave/_DB__Naruto_146__9C5059CD_052_0001c.jpg

darkmetal505
Fri, 08-12-2005, 01:43 PM
yea isnt the super juice basically a cursed seal? and when chouji was hold the stupid bros, it looked like they were having super siezures.

Naruto_Fan
Fri, 08-12-2005, 05:11 PM
the juice thing gave mizuki the cursed seal. it's kinda obvious. i bet he'll also be able to go level 2. and the baka brothers going nuts was pretty funny and they did look like they were having seizures.

::sigh::

this filler stuff has to end. i can't wait until it ends.

Shinda
Fri, 08-12-2005, 05:56 PM
1/million-th chance of finding what mizuki is about to do and Tsunade finds it;
I thought she was the legendary sucker when it comes to chance
anyway, the rest of the episode was was at least better than the last few

DeathscytheVII
Fri, 08-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Best part was seeing Orochimaru again, his theme music rocks i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif I also don't get why Mizuki has a cursed seal, i mean, if he did, why did he still lose to naruto in ep 1......ah well......filllers.......

Bring on kakashi gaiden!

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 08-12-2005, 08:01 PM
He probably got the seal after all that transpired.

Anyway I can understand the seal because I don't think it's of the true cursed variety, like the Sound 5's and Sasuke's.

Assertn
Fri, 08-12-2005, 08:32 PM
my first thought was that that red liquid was an uncondensed form of that little pill that sasuke ate to gain level 2

Nin10doman
Fri, 08-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Sasuke had to be locked in some special magic ritual box for liek 10 hours though. This guy just has to drink some crack juice. There's no way it can be as strong as the true curse seal, and Mizuki is not as strong as Sasuke anyways, so Naruto should be able to kick his ass easily.

But of course, it'll be some major 5 episode long struggle, because Naruto can't use his good Rasengan at all, just the filler Rasengan. And most likely no kyuubi either.

The gloomy foreboding atmosphere of Tsunade's office was done pretty well, though. And I kinda liked the secret cave base with the kunai keyhole and the secret chain and all.

ES
Fri, 08-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Ok...you guys didnt get it...The "seal" he gave Mizuki wasnt "THE" cursed seal but...yes....a RECIPE seal. And he got the said seal BEFORE the first eps.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 08-13-2005, 01:19 AM
It's also quite possible that Orochimaru gave him a proto-cursed seal.

Since Mizuki got his before the series started, its possible that is was in a half-researched form, not the completed seal that Orochimaru gave his other subordinates.

Maybe he wanted Mizuki to be his first test of the completed seal but Mizuki is a screwup and didn't get around to it for years.

Assertn's explanation works too. That Mizuki had a cursed seal and that the potion is supposed to be like a pill.

Not taking into account that the pill kills everyone not protected by special seals...

Or the fact that even the level 1 seal kills 90% of the people who recieve it...

Makes you wonder how many dead guys Orochimaru has in his basement before he got his Sound Five.

45 I suppose...mathamatically speaking.

Psyke
Sat, 08-13-2005, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by: darkmetal505
yea isnt the super juice basically a cursed seal? and when chouji was hold the stupid bros, it looked like they were having super siezures.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6002/naruto4yt.gif

Leviathan
Sat, 08-13-2005, 11:10 AM
I'm with AssertnFailure and DarthEnder about the liquid form of the pill that Sasuke was given. Some things to consider are:

1. In all of the cases that we are aware of where we have seen Orochimaru give someone the cursed seal, he has told them that they will seek him out for power. This is definately true of both Sasuke and Mizuki. The cursed seal by itself does not give the person his power, but gives them a taste so they will long for more. The true power of the seal cannot be obtained until it is released by some sort of chemical agent. In Sasuke's case, it was a pill, likely a concentrated form of the mixture that Mizuki drank. I'm drawing a blank on the name, but do you remember the female Chuunin exam instructor who has the seal? A special binding seal was placed on it like the one Kakashe gave Sasuke to keep it under control. This is just a little deductive reasoning, but if she or Sasuke had drank the same mixture that Mizuki drank, I do not believe it would have the same effect. Each cursed seal that Orochimaru leaves is unique, and therefore requires a special mixture he has made to unlock it. If everyone could use the same formula, why would they need to seek him to get his power? It could just be sold on the black market for anyone willing to pay the price.

2. If you think back to the episodes with the flashbacks of Hokage #3 finding Orochimaru doing secret experiments (aquiring forbidden techniques) all of the above makes perfect sense. He has become a master chemist, obtaining power through science instead of through honorable means of a true ninja. That is why his techiniques are forbidden.

3. I think Orochimaru made his intentions clear when he gave Mizuki the cursed seal. First, he had been scouting for subordinates for a long time, and each person he choose had something he wants. Sasuke not only has the Sharingan, but also a deep-seeded hate for his brother making him even more powerful in Orochimaru's eyes. Mizuki may not seem like much on the surface as far as strength is concerned, but his twisted ways of doing things, like killing a teammate with a minor injury, is the perfect type of persona that Orochimaru wants for his agenda. That relentless hate is the fuel he needs to destroy a peaceful country like Konoha, and is why he told Mizuki that he "just saw something that piqued my interest". The village has shown in the first attack that numbers or strength alone cannot defeat them. Remember the "will of fire" that Iruka repeatedly brought to Mizuki's attention. The power of Konoha is their love for their country, and Orochimaru is all about pure hatred.

4. For those who don't like (or even hate) the fillers, try looking at the big picture a little more. As I've just shown, it really does fit in with the rest of the plot in some very intricate and delicate ways. Just try not to be too dissappointed when the story doesn't move as fast as you'd like it to. I think the anime writers are doing a great job with the material they have to work with. What would you guys have said about "The Lord of the Rings" (the original books) when it's story had lots of subplots about "minor" characters. Hey, it's a timeless classic now! Just like LotR, Naruto is no small world, and each character has his/her own story that can be told.

I hope you enjoyed my post. First time joining you all here!

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 08-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Well I for one NEED to believe that the seals are different, because I do not want to believe Mizuki could touch Sasuke's or the Sound 5's level.

UberSuperHACKER
Sat, 08-13-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
He probably got the seal after all that transpired.

Anyway I can understand the seal because I don't think it's of the true cursed variety, like the Sound 5's and Sasuke's.

No Mikuki didn't he got the map thingie on his arm before that lame "teacher exam" thing (which also looked more like gettin Knives thrown at y ain a giant laser tag arena)... when he told Naruto to go get teh scroll in Ep 1 He was a Teacher already........So he had his Cursed Map/ Directions for juice making... on his arm already

Originally posted by: Leviathan
If you think back to the episodes with the flashbacks of Hokage #3 finding Orochimaru doing secret experiments (aquiring forbidden techniques) all of the above makes perfect sense. He has become a master chemist, obtaining power through science instead of through honorable means of a true ninja. That is why his techiniques are forbidden.

The problem with this is that your correct..... BUT Still WTF was Orochimaru chillin in a Tree watchin Mizuki..... WTF does Mizukis "Cursed Seal" Actually Seem to be a Tatoo That tells ya how to make the Juice........

Why didn't Orochimaru Just give him a Regular Cursed Seal........And Lastly.... Who Knew That Orochimaru could bite people and Give them Maps on their arms?...

Orochimaru Should quit being a villian and should move Back To Kohonda and open up a Tatoo Shop...... And you can Sit down and have his Snaked bite ya so you can have an Anchor Tatooed on your chest, And Girls Can get bit on the ankle to get butterflys.... and if your really speical Orochimaru Might give you the tatoo which gives you permision to drink the "Kool-aid of power"

Darkcarnage
Sat, 08-13-2005, 04:25 PM
i think what Mikuki has is the tester version of the cursed seal. they said the items used in the stuff he drank very similar to stuff he was making back when he left the village years ago. seem like oro used him to help advance his skill at cursed seal. after all practice makes perfect ;-) and a second thought Mikuki not so bad ass i woudl waste a good curse seal on him lol. maybe oro gave him the tester to Mikuki would gain power and seek him out for more, also seem this one seems weaker and likely not to kill him out right.

the formlua Mikuki drank might wear off after some time, idk for sure teh change might be a perment change.
i think oro might be trying to find a way to give water down seal version to all his followers so to make them more equal footing wither ninja from villages.

it took 4 sounds ninjas to take out 2 leaf village ninjas and it left them wiped for a while.
oro troops while strong never seem equal to ninja from other vilalges so far besides kimiaro (the bone blood line limit guy) and kubuto his right hand man. so far the they only good ninjas he had before sasuke.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 08-14-2005, 03:48 AM
BUT Still WTF was Orochimaru chillin in a Tree watchin Mizuki.

Maybe Mizuki's mission was something that Orochimaru was interested in already.

Or perhaps, the same thing he was doing hanging around the hidden Mist village when Kimimaru's clan was slaughtered...being in the right place at the right time to snatch up a new lackey.

His snake eyes probably have a magic power that tells him when a potential douche bag is gonna be hanging out alone in the woods and feeling bad.

ES
Sun, 08-14-2005, 07:30 AM
I still think it's a recipe seal ;P

Come on, you have to notice what happened to the "tatoo" in his arm after he did a few hand seals.

UberSuperHACKER
Sun, 08-14-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
Or perhaps, the same thing he was doing hanging around the hidden Mist village when Kimimaru's clan was slaughtered...being in the right place at the right time to snatch up a new lackey.

His snake eyes probably have a magic power that tells him when a potential douche bag is gonna be hanging out alone in the woods and feeling bad.

Ha ha True... I think The whole Kimmaru thing is a tad more belivable tho ... I mean since there was a huge fight happening right near where Kimmaru bumped into Oro at...and you know Oro is always scoutin fer new bodies to possess... and Kimmaru isn't a wuss...(unlike Mizuki).. there are actually reasons for Oro to be there and I dont have to Stretch my imagination To grab at threads in a shakey plot to see them

so Maby Oro is just good at bein in the right place at the right time... But When Mizuki is in the woods Oro is all like.. "you showed me something interesting there when you suffocated a helpless guy... you seem like a powerless wuss.. here have a.... recipie tatoo"

I mean even with Sauske.... Oro first beat the Crud out of him and tried to kill him THEN after confirming that he was worth some effort gave him something.

Also how did Mikuki Train in the prison cell so well? I mean He mighta gotten strong but.. how did he learn to .. move around so good in the dark and stuff.. I mean sure it was dark in prision...but... He wouldn't be abe to move too much in his 10' X 10' cell. Also The Random Puppet Technique in the ep before this one was wussie too...

I really dont think it would be that hard to make a good filler episode.. I mean even that Tea country Arc wouldn't have been total poop.... All they had to so was NOT give retard from the Mist a Light saber, or make it so that The examiner Changed the answer from the first time he gave the chunnin Exam...

The problem is That fillers TRY to tell important aspects fo the story too often.. they try to Add to the already well balanced and well throught out wtory from the author of the manga.....

Personally I think the best filler episodes are the ones that are funny or training.. or Quite honestly Random battles wouldn't be bad either.. but trying to manipulate the background of a storyline... and making it kinda.. bad is kinda dookie

DarthEnderX
Sun, 08-14-2005, 03:47 PM
I mean even with Sauske.... Oro first beat the Crud out of him and tried to kill him THEN after confirming that he was worth some effort gave him something.

There's a huge difference between the quality Oro would want in someone who was actually going to be his BODY, and someone who is going to be one of his pawns.

I'm sure Mizuki qualified for "crappy indirect servent I'm not even gonna take back to my village".

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-14-2005, 03:54 PM
The amount of people who are spelling Mizuki as "Mikuki" in this thread is quite amusing.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 08-14-2005, 04:15 PM
You know 'Eye of the Tiger' would suit Mizuki perfectly as his theme tune

XanBcoo
Sun, 08-14-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
The amount of people who are spelling Mizuki as "Mikuki" in this thread is quite amusing.

None of them beat "Mitzki" though. XD

Jman
Sun, 08-14-2005, 11:01 PM
disliked this ep. it felt like a filler within a filler...is that even possible
mizuki on steroids isn't interesting, not in the least.
i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Someonemanr
Mon, 08-15-2005, 11:41 AM
You know, I actually like the dialogue between Oro and Mizuki in the forest, it doesn't really make any sense why oro would be there watching the mission, but for whatever the reason he was there he at least had a good reason to take interest in Mizuki, a man willing to kill his own teammate in a peaceful land like Konaha fits the profile for an Oro henchman. That said, the whole proto-cursed seal thing is just dumb, mainly because of the fact that Anko already had the cursed seal long ago but really just because it's just a cheap excuse to tie in Oro and his "power".
You know this story arc could have been good, it's not a horrible idea, it's just poorly executed. I think I'm mainly just supremely pissed that they write in the Shikamaru trio and the best they can have them do is hold the retard bros steady. These bastards may be as strong as Tsunade but if the super-genius Shikmaru's best plan is to hold a couple of guys who can be outsmarted by a roll of rice in place for awhile, that's just pathetic.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 08-15-2005, 12:25 PM
That said, the whole proto-cursed seal thing is just dumb, mainly because of the fact that Anko already had the cursed seal long ago

I suppose thats a good point...

Though, who knows how long Mizuki had that seal, remember, that mission took place before Iruka was even a chuunin, so its probably awhile ago.

But then, I supposed Anko got her seal before Oro even left the village.

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-15-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by: xanbcoo

Originally posted by: Terracosmo

None of them beat "Mitzki" though. XD

lol, I got images of Mizuki in a russian hat (the black one that they always use) with text next to him saying "I am comrade Mitzki, would you like some vodka?"

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 08-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by: Darkcarnage
i think what Mikuki has is the tester version of the cursed seal. they said the items used in the stuff he drank very similar to stuff he was making back when he left the village years ago. seem like oro used him to help advance his skill at cursed seal. after all practice makes perfect ;-) and a second thought Mikuki not so bad ass i woudl waste a good curse seal on him lol. maybe oro gave him the tester to Mikuki would gain power and seek him out for more, also seem this one seems weaker and likely not to kill him out right.

If he was using him as his tester, then explain to me why he gave the badass curse seal to kimimaro, someone a BILLION times stronger then Mizuki, about ten years before he even met mizuki.....

What he gave Mizuki was a filler seal made specifically for making an old weak character seem strong again.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 08-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by: Kagemane_no_Jutsu

Originally posted by: Darkcarnage

If he was using him as his tester, then explain to me why he gave the badass curse seal to kimimaro, someone a BILLION times stronger then Mizuki, about ten years before he even met mizuki.....

What he gave Mizuki was a filler seal made specifically for making an old weak character seem strong again.

Who knows the origin of filler crap. I don't even think that the animators have a clue where their going with this.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 08-15-2005, 09:57 PM

They never showed Kimimaru having a seal when he was young, for all we know, he got it just before the series started. Especially since he was fully grown when he took command of the Sound 5, which probably happened right after he got his second stage seal.

UberSuperHACKER
Mon, 08-15-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by: Kagemane_no_Jutsu

I laughed alot when I saw that... Yeah I had been calling it the "kool-aid Recipie Seal" But yeah I think "Filler Seal" is alot better.

It Gives Mizuki the power to be used in Filler Episodes

Enderz
Tue, 08-16-2005, 06:55 AM
Hope naruto will use the red chakra against mizuki

DarthEnderX
Tue, 08-16-2005, 07:38 AM
Not unless everyone else gets beat. As the series seems to greatly control the number of people who know he can "go fox demon".

hcheng02
Tue, 08-16-2005, 08:35 AM
Actually, it's not illogical to assume that Orochimaru has a bunch of different curse seals with variable levels. I mean didn't he mention in the anime that Sasuke has the "Heaven" Seal while Kimimaro has the "Earth" seal? He said that those two were the strongest seals. I think that this shows that there is more than one curse seal, and that there are weaker seals. Orochimaru could have simply given Mizuki a weaker version, one that probably has a higher survival rate but less power. Furthermore, it doesn't matter if the ninja is weak as long as he can finish the mission. I mean, Orochimaru has hired weaklings before as pawns. Anybody remember the guy with the holes in his hands? He was a pretty shitty ninja but Orochimaru managed to put him to good use.

Darkcarnage
Tue, 08-16-2005, 12:25 PM
i think we find out what oro up to soon enough. i wonder why he wanted the seal scroll for. we know ti got alot of nin-jutus that are forbiden insde of it but what in the scroll way back made them worry there was a1 in a 1,000 chance naruto seal would of broken ? (might have the odds wrong sue me)

Assertn
Tue, 08-16-2005, 01:04 PM
you're all forgetting about anko.
she had the curse seal wayy before any of these other guys

Phoenix20578
Tue, 08-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Didn't Orochimaru say something about her being the cursed seal's tester?

DB_Hunter
Tue, 08-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Nope.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 08-17-2005, 07:34 AM
Naruto needs to steal that scroll again, he's been milking his two moves for too long...

basey44
Wed, 08-17-2005, 07:40 AM
actaully wat moves does naruto have aside form kagebunshin, rasengan and the occasional henge. i cant remember him using anything else

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-17-2005, 10:18 AM
He has a "fucking annoying main character" jutsu activated at all times? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Enderz
Wed, 08-17-2005, 12:16 PM
but still naruto strong whithout the red chakra

Darkcarnage
Wed, 08-17-2005, 02:11 PM
i agree naruto needs to learn a good spread of moves. he really should steal or ask hokage for it so he can learn something in the next 3 years before susake get his body stolen by oro.

if it not show up much i do not like naruto as a char so far over all. when he got something to do it fine. but stuff like this makes me want to kill him.

he should just go red demon fox mode beat up the baka brothers, kick minzuki ass and be done with it lol. hell i do that just to save time so i could get back to training. and everyone knwo he got the demon chakra he showed it during the exam final round to a whole crowd of poeple. why hide it from other ninjas form you home town?

XanBcoo
Wed, 08-17-2005, 04:51 PM
Naruto has a huge arsenal by comparison to the other characters!

Most of them are just one-trick ponies, like Ino-Shika-Cho, Kiba, Shino, etc...

Even sasuke doesn't use much more than his usual katon jutsu.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 08-17-2005, 08:45 PM
why hide it from other ninjas form you home town?

Because he's the number 1 best konoha ninja at surprising people!

Leviathan
Wed, 08-17-2005, 10:19 PM
I agree with xanbcoo and DarthEnder. Naruto might seem simple, but that's because he is. He is the most single-minded loyal ninja in the bunch from what I've seen. He's single-minded in his focus to become Hokage and in finding Sasuke, and that drive is a large part of what makes him so strong. The nine tails is only a part of his strength. It's his heart for his friends that makes him truely strong. That is the real strength that he used to influence Gaara and turned him to be a powerful ally. It's Konoha's "will of fire" 10-fold.

And he's learned a lot since being known as the dropout. He may only know two good techniques, but he has also mastered them far faster than anyone could have expected and found creative ways of using them. Remember his adaptation of Sasuke's tiger move during the Chuunin exam using kage bun nujitsu? And how he managed to use it to complete the rasengan? He was so persistant while learning rasengan that he was skipping meals, which we know is a really big deal for Naruto as much as he loves to eat. Rasengan was Hokage #2's signature move that took him 4 years to perfect, and Naruto learned it in a couple of weeks. And wasn't it that determination that convinced Tsunade to accept the job as the 5th Hokage after she made a bet with him that he couldn't do it (and our favorite "perverted hermit" knew that it was a bet Naruto couldn't win)? Like DarthEnder said he's the #1 ninja in surprising people, and he's only going to get much, much better as long as he keeps his focus on becoming Hokage.

By the way, just using the nine tails for any old reason is not a good idea. It takes a lot of him to use it, and he still needs to grow a lot to learn how to use that power under control. We saw what happened in the battle with Sasuke.

So don't diss the poor guy so much. He is the title character after all. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif He's going to unify Konoha in a way that no other Hokage has ever done.

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 08-17-2005, 11:08 PM
Rasengan was the 4th's invention, not the 2nd's.

Leviathan
Thu, 08-18-2005, 01:09 AM

You know, you're right, but it's kind of sad that all you could say was to correct a small mistake I made. It was about 50 episodes ago when that detail came out. I'll try to research my points a little better next time instead of recalling everything from memory...

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 08-18-2005, 01:11 AM
Sad?

I was just bringing up a point, get over yourself. If I was trying to bust your balls, you would know.

Vokalyzd Harmony
Thu, 08-18-2005, 06:42 AM
err I'm sure Naruto, AND Sasuke, will have tons of new movies, or alterations of the older ones once they train with the Sannin, as same with Sakura..what I don't get is..Naruto is far beyond your typical Gennin..Promote the poor bastard already

BakaDave
Thu, 08-18-2005, 10:14 PM
All that I have to say about the next episode is that i better not be seeing anymore of this http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/Lookitsuperdave/_DB__Naruto_146__9C5059CD_094_00016.jpg.

Jadugar
Fri, 08-19-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by: Leviathan

You know, you're right, but it's kind of sad that all you could say was to correct a small mistake I made. It was about 50 episodes ago when that detail came out. I'll try to research my points a little better next time instead of recalling everything from memory...

You obviously dont know your "Naruto". For a real Naruto fan its a fundamental mistake. By the way I agree with you on most of your points that Naruto has come so far and learned so much. That's one of the reason Souske left to be the best or atleast beat a "dropout".

Anyway I am banking on Jiraya to teach him some cool move. We are tired of his Kage-bushin and rasengan.

It will be good to see all the former Sanins (Tsunade teaching Sakura, Orichimaru teaching Souske, Jiraya teaching Naruto) teaching the new generation of Sanins.

Jman
Wed, 09-14-2005, 07:44 PM
this ep was aight

ChaosK
Wed, 09-14-2005, 07:49 PM
ehy aer you digging this wup?