PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who thinks it's hilarious that...

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-08-2005, 03:09 PM
...there now are 4 people on the forums using either a Heine avatar or a Heine sig (or both). In addition, I have a Heine av/sig combination at another message board. In summary, there are more people here who gladly show off their Heine fandom than there are people using other Seed characters in their ava/sig in TOTAL. Which is actually quite amazing.

So to not make this topic entirely unnecessary, what do you think Heine's appeal is? Let's look at some facts:

- He had a grunt suit with orange colors, which blew up faster than it launched (almost).
- He died in 4 episodes (and in one of them he didn't have any lines).

Why do we love a character like this, who is so "insignificant" for the greater glory of Seed?
I have a few theories:

- The hair.
- Goddamnit, everything else.

I don't know why either but I love this character. ARGH! I dig him and I don't know why.
WHYYYYYYYY

Who knows, maybe it's the fact that Kira indirectly killed Heine that latently made it so I now hate Mister God Mode?

SKY_SO_BLUE
Mon, 08-08-2005, 03:13 PM
I like his attitude i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Espeically towards his teams dont you think? ^_^

telemari
Mon, 08-08-2005, 04:59 PM
I would have had Heine sig and avatar too, but I'm really bad with graphics i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

NeoBear
Mon, 08-08-2005, 05:35 PM
its becaus he had no doubt, just about every one else on the show is confussed about somethign but he shows up and he knows wut he is doing why hes doing it and most of all he not an ass about it, also he actually got of his ass and hopped in harms way

terra might out me for this but you can almost compair him to the pink haired bitch except that unlike that ho he put his ass out there to get dirty and when he talked it made since

the first time he ever talks i expected him to be an ass but insted he was honest and direct and most of all friendly on top of that he was cool looking had his own purty suit and was a member of faith, this is the main reason why when he died in such a shitty and abrupt maner it was like wtf nobody likes to see someone worth a damn go out like... lol like there not worth a damn i mean when mew died (or got sucked into a time warp or wutever the fuck we are suposed to think) no one was pissed he died as a hero and went out hard core, but the way Heine died was total crap i wont ever take any justification for it it was stupid.

Deblas
Mon, 08-08-2005, 06:02 PM
HEINE HAS SEX APPEAL!!!!!.................wait, what?

Deckz
Mon, 08-08-2005, 06:30 PM
cos this guy is jus sooo damn cool....

like i said on another thread: even though he was here for a few eps, he's already more interesting than most of (and all of the main) characters....

and Deblas is right, he is a good looking guy (not in a gay way or anything of course - [hate ppl saying males r gay when they compliment on other male's looks... =/] - )

I just cant think of a reason for some1 not to like him...

dam, he left too early...i remember terra saying they should bring him back for main char if theres season 3...helllll yeh they should...

Edit:
almost forgot, the TMR voice... i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif
...and the hair.....and the eyes....and orange... i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Deblas
Mon, 08-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Thats the curse of TM. His last character lasted just around the same time.

aznimperialx
Mon, 08-08-2005, 07:14 PM
People like him because he was cool just like u like yzak so much

Zariel
Mon, 08-08-2005, 07:32 PM
cuz he didnt have a overpowered mobile suit, yet he acted in a cool way.

Loved it how he toyed around with Gaia, Go the Whip!!!!! that episode was like Stellar was lovin' it if it was a real whip!!!!

Psyke
Mon, 08-08-2005, 09:51 PM
My theories:

1. To create conflict between Kira and Athrun.
2. He was created so this thread can exist. : )

But really, I think he's cool and it's sad that he died so fast. The impact his death would have created would be so much bigger if he survived longer or had confronted Kira before dying.

Mut
Mon, 08-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Heine is a douche. He was just a mediocre pilot that's why he got laser bladed in half like a woman. I really didn't even understand his introduction to the storyline seeing as how his absense would've been absolutely insignificant.

Miro69
Mon, 08-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@chi
Heine is a douche. He was just a mediocre pilot that's why he got laser bladed in half like a woman. I really didn't even understand his introduction to the storyline seeing as how his absense would've been absolutely insignificant.

well put. if he actually had an impact in athrun's thinking, he might've made a difference, but stupid athrun has already been lectured for the past 20 episodes and NOTHING SEEMS TO GET THROUGH TO HIM. he's still one confused idiot and somehow, lacus does the job.

the reason for heine's appeal? an introductory side character. different from the rest of the characters we've seen and the only one with a 'true' soldier mentality.

alukard
Tue, 08-09-2005, 01:07 AM
Same reason alot of us liked Nicol. These two characters shared the same fate. They were young, cheerful, and wise beyond their years. They had so much to accomplish. When you're in the military and almost died and they died, and you survived because of their interference you wish you werent so they can be. Guilt is one of the curse of being alive. Fear of how you die is the only thing in the way. Death is a natural part of life. Thats what makes life interesting and sometimes sad.

Besides those, Heine was a natural leader. He was the one that could make a difference in Athrun but died prematurely. Thats the sadest part. If it werent for what Heine said, Athrun would just be another grunt for Dulindal but without Heine, he needs to find his own way which has been and still is a long way to go. You dont just make a decision to pick up and kill your own country the next day. Its treason and its an offense that could put Kira to death but because he never consider himself sided with coordinator just because he's one so maybe he doesnt have as tough a time as Athrun, whose father had a large influence and he himself could decide to follow that same path. Heine was for me a voice of reason among a mass of distraction to Athrun. He neither enforced his opinion on Athrun like the Chairman, manipulate and use him like Ray with Shinn, nor tried to kill him like Kira, although Kira knew what he was doing and only disarmed him.

The main reason as someone stated was also that he lasted only one episode.

Splash!
Tue, 08-09-2005, 01:12 AM
Yeah nicol was in a similar situation, however Heine was more of a veteran than Nicol and despite the similarities, one can say that Heine was definitely the more mature. His being more experienced in war nd stuff means he had a greater potential for character development. Guess thats why people were really dissappointed. He was like a character that could have been higher than Yzak and Dearka att he very least in terms of importance to the story but he was just thrown away. Anyways, his short run was memorable. WAY TO GO HEINE! Give us characters like him and dont kill them off just like that

Kenzaburo
Tue, 08-09-2005, 02:17 AM
Gotta say that I never really trusted Heine. He just felt like he was one more of those intrigueating guys, only out there to mess with your heads. Never believed him one word he said, but I can't say why, for the love of god.
And about all that Kira killing him crap, I never got that. Kira disarmed him and was hovering slightly above him in the air, when lil' bitch Stellar lunged herself towards Kira and through Heine. To me it was always clear, that the one, who killed Heine, was Stellar and not Kira. If you actually would want to accuse someone else, besides his actual murderer, then go with Heine himself, who was not able to dodge the attack. He had no weapons but his thrusters were fine.
That whole scene made the character ver uninteresting and almost idiotic for me. He appeared as an interesting side character and probably one more of the evil guys(at least it felt like that to me) and then he gets wiped out by some stupid chick in a doggy MS, because this top ace doesn't dodge. Yeah, right... And to top it off, everybody goes apeshit on Kira's ass, saying he killed him. It's like there are two people and a hitman on the street. The Hitman just fires into the crowd of two and misses the one he was aiming for and hits the other guy...so the one to be found guilty is....*drumroll*...the guy who got missed? Pardon? Never want to go to court if one of you guys is the judge or part of the jury...

P.S.: And no, I'm not an avid Kira lover and just trying to defend him, it really never ocurred to me, that he could be at fault.

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-09-2005, 03:45 AM
What people mean when they say that Kira indirectly killed Heine (note INDIRECTLY) is that if Kira didn't come and fuck things up Heine wouldn't die, as he obviously had no problems taking on Stellar normally (as he did so earlier in the episode).

Edit: Check this out (http://www.deviantart.com/view/19106990/)

Disturbing, yes, but hey! It's pretty funny.

If anyone has any Heine pics that he/she wants to share, post 'em here

Edit2: Okay I found some more for y'all, let's spread the Heine love.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/059.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/060.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/061.jpg

Man, he is one damn hunky guy. He is almost threatening my heterosexuality i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
I wonder if Fukuda himself ever foresaw that Heine would become this popular (I hear he's insanely popular in Japan as well, and there's actually quite a bunch of great fanart for him).

There totally needs to be a Heine sidestory or something, I'd buy it even if he'd just be sitting around staring at the wall in it.

Images were found here by the way (http://www.geocities.com/heine_img/)

KapsLocked
Wed, 08-10-2005, 01:36 AM
I'd have to agree with you (Kenzaburo). I think that if there's anybody to hate more, it'd be Stellar, not Kira. I like both characters, but I thought Stellar was less of a character. Then again, she pretty much was just pure emotion and fear.

Marcis
Wed, 08-10-2005, 08:06 AM
Heine was modeled after T.M. Revolution singer no?
No wonder he is so popular i/expressions/rolleye.gif

masamuneehs
Wed, 08-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Heine's death really solidified my hate for Kira Yamato. That being said, I believe his overly friendly approach to the other pilots (making them, practically ordering them, to call him by his first name, with no title) and stark contrast to every other authority figure in the show was what made him something to remember. Heine's talk with Athrun was also a dialogue I really liked, rare for most of Destiny, and I felt like Heine would have had a real positive effect on Athrun, turn him into the military leader he has the potential to become, while letting him keep the kindness and humility that Athrun exudes all the time. (that being said I believe Dullindal posted him on Minerva for that purpose and what Kenzaburo mentioned above)

And the Nichol comparison is quite good, but I just thought Nichol's death was alot harder on Athrun because they'd been with each other longer, Athrun only got along with Nichol (and wasn't quite so friendly with Yzak and Deakka til later), Nichol was the sweetest most feminine guy despite being a soldier, he was so young, and because he died trying to protect Athrun. Heine just got over-aggressive and tried to exact revenge too early in a MS that was really crippled. I thought it was sort of a dumb way to die, while Nichol's was bold and tragic.

I never thought Heine was that good looking at all. Hair was sorta silly... attitude though, the man kicks ass. And the golden-orange grunt MS rocked the Gaia pretty good until I'm-So-Righteous-Watch-Me-Fight-For-Your-Ideals-Lacus! Kira came and interrupted...

Deckz
Wed, 08-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Okay I found some more for y'all, let's spread the Heine love.

Spreading!!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/Deckz/Wallpapers/HeineGoufIgnited3.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/Deckz/Wallpapers/HeineGoufIgnited2.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/Deckz/Wallpapers/HeineGoufIgnited.jpg

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Thanks mate, they rule.

@Marcis: It was only the hair that was modeled after TM Revo, and trust me, that guy did NOT look particularly pretty in that haircut...

Phoenix20578
Thu, 08-11-2005, 10:32 AM
I see why Heine is popular, i mean he's just freaking cool. But it scares me at how much of a fandom he has after 4 episodes.

Nai
Thu, 08-11-2005, 11:51 AM
It's all about the hair.

Gangrel
Thu, 08-11-2005, 01:11 PM
Ya, he was a good character. He had his mind set, knew what was going on, didn't act like an ass (fact most GSD characters act like one). But well who wouldn't imagine he was gonna die? Well fact is he wouldn't be a good main character cause if he don't have doubts, if he don't have conflicts it would be boring to see him after a while and that's why people love characters like Kira, Ashruan and others because they have conflicts. Well, we are on a war people should have conflicts or else it would be kinda annoying to see people so full of emselves having no doubts about who is their enemy or what so ever.

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Just because he had his mind set doesn't mean that he wouldn't have conflicts. It wasn't like he enjoyed attacking ORB either.
Also, what's wrong with a character who doesn't have "conflicts"? People who just like Kira & his ilk are morons anyway.
Those kind of monotone conflicts which lead nowhere are the ingredients for a dull show and not an engaging one.
This point is proven true by the very reason that Heine has so many fans as he does. People are tired of idiots like Kira who keep asking themselves why they fight yet do it anyway.

Edit: Oh and all Kira fans just like him because he has the most overpowered suits, everything else is a lie.

Nai
Thu, 08-11-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Edit: Oh and all Kira fans just like him because he has the most overpowered suits, everything else is a lie.
I could have sworn it was due to the manly voice.

Rickbee
Thu, 08-11-2005, 02:46 PM
GUY's U know why everyone like him it is not him at all it is all the Gouf. Pilots of cool suits are LOVED BY ALL. Like the Dom Pilots aka Pirates.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 08-11-2005, 02:49 PM
That cant be it alone. All of the other GOUF pilots are fags that get taken out faster than youu can say "Oh no, Freedom!"

Deckz
Thu, 08-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by: Rickbee
GUY's U know why everyone like him it is not him at all it is all the Gouf. Pilots of cool suits are LOVED BY ALL. Like the Dom Pilots aka Pirates.

Providence > Raww? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

twh
Sat, 08-13-2005, 05:23 PM
The source of Heine's coolness can be summed up into a single equation:

Stylin' Hair + Confidence + Attitude = Pwn'age!

But, of course, we can't have that, no. Fukuda, whom some of us love about as much as a root canal, couldn't let us see him exude his coolness and therefore, was whacked.

Alas, poor Heine, Athrun knew him, Kira. A man of infinite style. He will be missed.

FelixZeroAlastor
Sun, 08-14-2005, 01:41 PM
I still think that they killed Heine because he had ideas and cool hair. They also killed him because his color was orange. The most unique gouf and they blow it up.

Digitalgirl
Sun, 08-14-2005, 04:06 PM
yeah, it was the hair that made him cool ^^.

[But i still don't think kira was *indirectly* responsible. Heine was the one not paying attention...*cough*

Dumt?
Sun, 08-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Alteast, let's have a sad min for Heine *lols*

masamuneehs
Sun, 08-14-2005, 07:08 PM
His hair was just another crazy shot in the dark wickedly impossible anime styled hairdo. Do people honestly think of that as his #1 character trait?

It was his confidence.

OR maybe it was the orange-gold Gouf? I actually think for me it was the Gouf.

Makenai
Sun, 08-14-2005, 07:22 PM
oh man.. I like heine cause of his voice. at first I didn't know it was TM who did his voice and I freaked out! Heine is my hero! ;p

Terra, I like those sigs you made of Heine.. they're hawt! I think I should steal one and use it hehe.

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-14-2005, 08:00 PM
Be my guest i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Kovash
Mon, 08-15-2005, 02:27 AM
Fukada: Right, I need some reason for Athrun to hate Kira again.
Other Directors: Why don't we kill someone close to him? Like say... Meer? or Lunamaria?
Fukada: What!? Kill off hottie girls? you gotta be kidding me. Let's kill off Nicoul.
Other Directors: He's already dead. Kira already killed him.
Fukada: Any other effeminate men I can kill?
Other Directors: *look amongst each other* No... not really... Rey?
Fukada: Shit! not Rey! I have too much money invested in his fans... How aobut we make a NEW effeminate man?
Other Directors: *look amongst each other more nerviously*
Fukada: Yeah! THat's perfect! I'll make a new man who is so effeminate Athrun falls inlove with him instantly, then Kira can kill him!
Other Directors: Uhhh, Kira doesn't kill anyone anymore.
Fukada: Well, can can just have Kira kill him SO idirectly that people on the inernet will argue about it for years to come!

[/sarcastic rant]

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-15-2005, 07:41 AM
lol, funny cuz it's true

romancing_xaga
Mon, 08-15-2005, 02:42 PM
Yah, I think Heine's pretty cool character too, straight character introduction, not much too make a fuss about him. Of course the hairstyle rules, but I suppose he "has it" as well.

twh
Mon, 08-15-2005, 03:20 PM
No! Wait! I got it!

Fukuda, in all his possible baldness, was insanely jealous of Heine's hair which earns him the love of women and the respect/jealousy of men! It's the perfect crime, and it's up to Kira Holmes and Dr. Athrun to solve the murder mystery!

romancing_xaga
Mon, 08-15-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by: twh
No! Wait! I got it!

Fukuda, in all his possible baldness, was insanely jealous of Heine's hair which earns him the love of women and the respect/jealousy of men! It's the perfect crime, and it's up to Kira Holmes and Dr. Athrun to solve the murder mystery!

yo man, you need dr.phil instead, the hell u talkin about...maybe ur jealous..lol joks

Kovash
Mon, 08-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like Hiene, it's just that it's hard to appriciate him as a character since he was not much more than a plot device. Though I'll thank the heavens Fukada let him say something important to Athrun before he died.

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-21-2005, 08:51 AM
Okay here's another question. If Heine lived, how would you use him if you were the manuscript writer?
It's easy to say "Heine should have lived". But why? He needs a purpose. Here's something that I thought out which I would have liked very much:

Instead of getting the Gouf Ignited, Heine has his orange Slash Zaku Phantom up until the battle with Gaia in phase 23. Instead of dying, he'd get his legs sliced off or something. Heine, while a cool and collected guy, obviously seems to have quite a bit of pride in his battling (as can be seen by his yelling in the same phase). After losing against Gaia, Heine would receive the Gouf Ignited. This would not only give Heine a reason to stay in the show (vendetta VS Gaia), but it would also allow him to get the obligatory suit switch/upgrade which all major chars receive. Then he'd participate in battles normally and in phase 32 he'd be the direct cause of Stellar's death instead of Kira (or whoever you want to blame it on). This would also create tension between Shinn & Heine, allowing Heine a purpose for existing in the show even after the death of Stellar.

Thoughts?

PSJ
Sun, 08-21-2005, 09:19 AM
Sounds very interesting indeed.

Freki
Sun, 08-21-2005, 10:03 AM
Okay here's another question. If Heine lived, how would you use him if you were the manuscript writer?
It's easy to say "Heine should have lived". But why? He needs a purpose. Here's something that I thought out which I would have liked very much:

Instead of getting the Gouf Ignited, Heine has his orange Slash Zaku Phantom up until the battle with Gaia in phase 23. Instead of dying, he'd get his legs sliced off or something. Heine, while a cool and collected guy, obviously seems to have quite a bit of pride in his battling (as can be seen by his yelling in the same phase). After losing against Gaia, Heine would receive the Gouf Ignited. This would not only give Heine a reason to stay in the show (vendetta VS Gaia), but it would also allow him to get the obligatory suit switch/upgrade which all major chars receive. Then he'd participate in battles normally and in phase 32 he'd be the direct cause of Stellar's death instead of Kira (or whoever you want to blame it on). This would also create tension between Shinn & Heine, allowing Heine a purpose for existing in the show even after the death of Stellar.

Thoughts?

The problem with Heine killing Stellar would be that I wonder how it would have affected the whole Kira v Shinn stuff later. Granted Shinn seemed angry with Kira before for interferring in fights, but I don't think Shinn would have worked so hard to figure out a way to defeat Kira if he didn't have Stellar's death as a motivation. Another problem would arise from the period of the show when Stellar was captured. If Heine wants revenge I would imagine he would be trying to kill Stellar while she was on Minerva for chopping off his legs, which might interrupt Shinn spending all his free time with her.

PSJ
Sun, 08-21-2005, 10:12 AM
They could just rewrite the whole script.

Miro69
Sun, 08-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by: PSJ

or they just kill fukuda... you do that and change the script as well as the director. kill two birds with one stone

Kovash
Sun, 08-21-2005, 08:29 PM

Thoughts?

If Heine survived, I would probably use him as a grounding voice against Kira and the Clyne Faction. The reason I say this is because Heine seems to be a cross between Kira and Lacus for ZAFT - he is a great pilot (damn lethal plot divices) and a sound reasoning voice.

I mean, Lacus main tactic for getting people to see things her way is to ask them if they have considered why they fight, and while thye are confused she spouts some political mumbo jumbo that affirms her position. But Heine was giving that same message for Athrun. Though Fukada acctually ended up using heines words to support Kira in terms of Athrun's mental state, if he survived, I would have used him agasint Kira.

That sounds disjointed, somehow, and I don't know how to express it any better so... yeah...

Motteh
Mon, 08-22-2005, 05:59 AM

Thoughts?i think that maybe you should write that Heine fanfic you talked about awhile back and use this as inspiration i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif
but yes i do agree that the idea is interesting, even though i'm not too big a fan of Heine
*ducks and covers for the inevitable rain of fire*

Takeda Natsuke
Mon, 08-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Okay, I'm new but once I read this topic I said to myself, "I gotta register here."

So anyways...

To be honest, Heine is surprisingly the character I like the best in this entire Gundam SEED Destiny series. So okay, he's been on 4 episodes, heck, less than 4 if you count how long they show him on the screen, probably even less that three episodes. So why all the fuss on my part? It's simple, of all the Gundam characters I've seen on Destiny, his seemed like someone who could have made a difference on a higher level, other than the other characters who have SEED and power mobile suits. He's in FAITH after all, and he's not even using a Gundam.

What also makes me like Heine so much is that he's probably the most "believably" controlled character out there. He speaks his own thoughts with no hesitation, no doubt ever coming in his voice. He, in a sense at that time, had become the one who everyone could lean on for a minute to vent. He practically volunteered to help Athrun with his problems with his own thoughts to ease his mind. If you hadn't noticed, but when Heine was active, the show had become a bit lighter and the character had actually seemed more happier... even Rey, Dullindal's #1 fangir- I mean, the silent one. Heine had done something that no other character had done, he had full control of his life (not physical life, his life in general, as the bitc- I mean Stellar took his physical life away). And the reason was because he went with the flow of where his life went, instead of going against it.

Now some of you are saying "What about Kira? What about Lacus? Aren't then controlled?"

Empasis on "believably".

Lacus's sudden seriousness and control suddenly came out of nowhere in SEED. She was quite the ditz when I first saw her, then suddenly, she's a politcal machine who has the powers to manufacture powerful Gundams. In one moment, she was adored by millions, now she's being worshipped by cult followers. I don't understand how Fukuda could possibly get away with that sudden change.

As for Kira, it's too stupid to even explain. He was a whining moron who wanted freedom. He got "Freedom" in another way and suddenly, he's buddah incarnated, with all this sudden wiseman talk. Both Lacus and this... this boy's controlled lifestyle is so manufactured and unrefined that I could NEVER possibly take them seriously. They speak as if they know everything, which makes me dislike them.

As for Heine, he obviously doesn't know everything, but he doesn't have to. His thoughts are his own and he doesn't preach anything other than the true fact.

"We are soldiers."

Although the sentence has a negative effect in this series, the fact that Heine believes it and that Athrun, who re-enlisted, should realize it, makes me like Heine more. His cool looks are equal to his cool personality, and looks good doing it.

So why kill Heine?

Simple, when you Kill Heine, you kill the light side of the story. Heine's death triggered the darker half of the series as it is now.

....Not bad for a guy who did it all in 4 episodes or less.

Hell, if he had a central role in another series related to SEED, that is one series worth watching.

My first post to all of you. Ja na. *bows*

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-22-2005, 10:28 AM
Welcome to the forums, Takeda Natsuke.

Well everything you say is 120% true. The Kira & Lacus bits are basically what makes me hate them as well. They are just annoying.
And, ehh... well put, really. Stick around.

PSJ
Mon, 08-22-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by: Miro69

Originally posted by: PSJ

or they just kill fukuda... you do that and change the script as well as the director. kill two birds with one stone

Yuo just need to knock some sense into him, he managed to write SEED which is very good. If he could write something of that caliber Destiny would be way better.

Moon Eclipse
Tue, 10-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Personally I think Heine was in GSD, what Samuel L Jackson was in Star Wars. A cameo by a guy that either wanted to be in the story or was asked to be in the story just for heck of it. He had no real character, they never developed him, nor do I believe did they ever intend to. His attraction? The fact that he was a blank slate with poofy hair an a nice voice. He could be whatever the viewers imagined him to be because he was so "mysterious" and thus embodied endless possibilities. If you put swirly glasses over his face, give him Steve Urkle's voice from Family Matters and made his hair look like a troll doll he'd lose most of his appeal (which is mostly based on physical trait with nothing really to back it up in my mind). Personally his posing for the little time he did have made me kinda yak... but that's just me. If anyone goes back, they can see Heine's gundam in action before he's killed in like eps 1-8 or something. They show this little orange gouf blowing stuff up.
He was the guy that Fuka didn't have to "screw up" which made him that much more popular.

Edit: As for a what Terra has suggested. It sounds aweseome!!! @.@ Send me a copy of the fanfic if you ever decide to write it. My personal ideas as to what Heine would have been if he had not died... The 'Rey' to Athrun's 'Shinn'.