PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure this question has already been asked....

werg
Mon, 08-08-2005, 12:17 PM
Why is episode 05 at a lower resolution than usual? Is there anywhere where I can download it at a 640*480 resolution? (translated by Aone and Anbu)

mage
Mon, 08-08-2005, 02:10 PM
a little birdy told me it can be found at www.gotwoot.net torrent section.

complich8
Mon, 08-08-2005, 02:11 PM
you're right, it has been asked before.

Let me tell you a tale. A tale of ages long gone. A tale of heroism and valor, in which a courageous encoder refused to compromise image quality by cutting the bitrate and making all the action blocky as hell.

Oh, wait, I just did. Back in the days of divx 3.11 (which were ending around that time), encoders were faced with tough choices on brightly colored high-motion series.

"Do I encode at full resolution and make it look like complete ass? Or do I cut the resolution a notch and make it look good". Nowadays, xvid is better than that, and handles bright colors and motion better, and generally the same material is a lot more compressible. But back then, that was the choice that had to be made.

The encoder at the time opted for something that didn't look jarringly bad. I'll still stand by that choice -- it was the right thing to do at the time.

There is no 640x480 version of that. TW probably did theirs 640x480, but it'll be tough to find anymore. My suggestion is just deal with it, and move on.

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Jesus, I don't even notice things like that. People and their obsession with quality...

ChiaCheese
Mon, 08-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by: werg
Why is episode 05 at a lower resolution than usual? Is there anywhere where I can download it at a 640*480 resolution? (translated by Aone and Anbu)

you can always wait for the viz dubbed version. i'm sure it'll be on dvd about the same time it hits cartoon network. Though, like Terracosmo, i didn't even notice. so i don't really see the need for it unless you plan on making your own bootleg dvds. you're not making and selling bootleg dvds are you? that isn't nice.

mage
Mon, 08-08-2005, 06:46 PM
my anbu/aone episode 5 looks the exact same as all the others. i can't tell any difference.

Cyberdude93
Mon, 08-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Jesus, I don't even notice things like that. People and their obsession with quality...
Not that I care about it, but I'm sure a LOT of people's media player set up will allow them to see that. When I open a file in MPlayer, it's not resized at all. If I've just finished watching episode 4, I'm sure as hell going to see a difference in episode 5.

Jman
Wed, 09-14-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by: werg

FUCK YOU NOOB

ChaosK
Wed, 09-14-2005, 07:49 PM
this is a shitpost, behold my power!!ONEONE!!ONE!