PDA

View Full Version : Does luffy ever...

Mobb
Sun, 08-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Meet shanks and his crew again? Im on episode 4...

Deblas
Sun, 08-07-2005, 08:23 PM
That would be spoiling you wouldn't it.

Mobb
Sun, 08-07-2005, 08:37 PM
just something to look forward to thats all, i dont wanna know what happens just if he does

Deblas
Sun, 08-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Allright, allright. From where you are to the current arc, Shanks appears but he doesn't meet up with the straw hats yet.

Mobb
Sun, 08-07-2005, 08:59 PM
ive seen the flashbacks and im going onto the ep where buggy says why shanks is the one man he can never forgive

vegita625
Sun, 08-07-2005, 10:20 PM
I'm as far as Hell fansubs has gotten and they still haven't met again, though there's more Red Hair Pirate activity right before the arc before the one I'm in the middle of... does anyone know if anyone's subbed (yes, even speed subbed) after where Hell fansubs is.

Btw, I really, really wish that the quality subbing of the last 3 episodes Hell fansubs subbed went into the ones between that point and where K-F is now, they're almost on par in my opinion, but the episodes that Hell fansubs worked with another subbing company, it was speed subbing to the max, I mean in a few episodes "kaizoku" was translated as "one piece," not pirates or even sea robbers. "We one piece... she hear? Don't think..." but I had to get my One Piece fix lol. Watching the K-F episodes as they come in so I can see some quality put into what I've seen. The entire "Enel" arc, his name was translated as "Ashineru"... oi...

I babble, I know, but I'm done now, really...

Deblas
Sun, 08-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by: vegita625
I'm as far as Hell fansubs has gotten and they still haven't met again, though there's more Red Hair Pirate activity right before the arc before the one I'm in the middle of... does anyone know if anyone's subbed (yes, even speed subbed) after where Hell fansubs is.

Btw, I really, really wish that the quality subbing of the last 3 episodes Hell fansubs subbed went into the ones between that point and where K-F is now, they're almost on par in my opinion, but the episodes that Hell fansubs worked with another subbing company, it was speed subbing to the max, I mean in a few episodes "kaizoku" was translated as "one piece," not pirates or even sea robbers. "We one piece... she hear? Don't think..." but I had to get my One Piece fix lol. Watching the K-F episodes as they come in so I can see some quality put into what I've seen. The entire "Enel" arc, his name was translated as "Ashineru"... oi...

I babble, I know, but I'm done now, really...

Hell fansubs is using the HK subs which is short for Hong Kong which means they are crappy bootlegs of the anime. You should read the manga if you want your fix. I don't know what eps. Hell-HK are currently at but there is another fansub group called Gerusama who started subbing One Piece in eps.220 and are currently in 237. And I think 238 will be released pretty soon. And their quality is good. Not like Hell-HK. But if your looking for 219 and below your only option is the manga or if you don't want to read the manga. Your gonna have to wait for the Hell-HK crap subs to come out until you reach Gerusama.

Mobb
Sun, 08-07-2005, 11:50 PM
wow jango is fuckin michael jackson wannabe

vegita625
Tue, 08-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Lol, ok, Mobb... I'm gonna need some explanation on that... he's a hypnotist and he had some wierd dance thing goin in a short special, that's all I've seen of him, where's the MJ reference come in?

Mobb
Tue, 08-09-2005, 09:16 PM
the one ep where he moonwalks holding his hat, then he starts dancing when its time for the to attack the village and grabs his balls like mj

kAi
Tue, 08-09-2005, 09:54 PM
but Jango is cool unlike Michael Jackson.

vegita625
Wed, 08-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Yea, and he has nothing to do with little kids and isn't creepy beyond his wierd introduction to the show. After you find out *who* he is, he's not creepy, just different... and sometimes stupid, "Jango... You still haven't gotten rid of that habit of hypnotising yourself?"

Now then, the Kama Kama guy (hee hee, Okama... did that short filler arc ever make it to American dub? I wanna know what kinda bad puns they used in place of the "Okama" vs. "Kama kama" if they didn't cut it out entirely because "OMG, they make fun of gay people there!"... in which case they're in trouble with Mr. 2 later...)

Mobb
Wed, 08-10-2005, 10:15 PM
lol when he said you still hypnotize yourself i had a laugh, yea this anime is definately a funny one i have NEVER laughed with any other anime but this! Especially when luffy was first introduced and broke the barrel and punched the pirate in the face on accident...i thought it was funny he was like oops who are you?

Assertn
Wed, 08-10-2005, 10:43 PM
whenever i read the title saying "Does luffy ever..." i keep thinking the sentence ends with something like "use gomu gomu abilities with his penis"

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 08-11-2005, 01:15 AM
lmao omg rofl, lol maybe luffy secretly had sex with nami, vivi and robin

vegita625
Thu, 08-11-2005, 10:39 AM
That's... just so... wrong... omg that's... just so... wrong...

[10 minutes after reading this post]
mom: "Hey honey... you ok?"
me: "just so... wrong... that's... just so... wrong..."

Deblas
Thu, 08-11-2005, 05:58 PM

I take it you don't read OP doujinshi.i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Must...resist...posting...OP...hentai...links...

Phoenix20578
Thu, 08-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Terra, don't hold back. Be free. Post those links. Shock the world!!!

vegita625
Fri, 08-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas

I take it you don't read OP doujinshi.

You kidding? Obviously, main reason: to see if they take advantage of Robin's devil fruit powers in hentai lol. Seriously, after she was introduced, I expected every doujinshi with her to use that ability in any way they could...

DarthEnderX
Sun, 08-14-2005, 04:04 AM
It sure does make raping easy doesn't it.

Jadugar
Fri, 08-19-2005, 05:06 PM
Recent release of One Piece is 238. Which is done by Gerusama. I hear they are building up quite a reputation as One Piece fansubbers and the question to your answer is no, Shanks hasnt meet Luffy yet.

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
whenever i read the title saying "Does luffy ever..." i keep thinking the sentence ends with something like "use gomu gomu abilities with his penis"

I think this idea has crosssd all our minds at some point or another. I dont know about the others but I do have some gomu gomu no capability in the part of my anatomy but it needs a lot of strength.

Assertn
Fri, 08-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Must...resist...posting...OP...hentai...links...

damn you terra.....the last time you sparked my curiosity, i ended up seeing some disturbing naruto hentai involving henge

Jadugar
Sat, 08-20-2005, 09:18 AM
Getting back to Shanks. All I know that he is a captain of Red-hair pirates and he has a very good reputation. Does anyone know more about him? No spoilers though.

Munsu
Sat, 08-20-2005, 01:01 PM
The only thing we know about him is that he is friends with Mihawk, wants to setup a meeting with Whitebeard, which the goverment doesn't want to happen...

I don't think we have learned anything more besides that...

Jadugar
Sat, 08-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the information Bud.

Another thing. Do you remember the time when Shanks gave Luffy his hat and told him to return it to him when he becomes a great pirate. Any thoughts on that? Will it be in the end when Luffy finally becomes pirate King or will Luffy meet Shanks at the pirates summit. Any speculations?

Munsu
Sat, 08-20-2005, 08:58 PM
I bet Shanks forgot all about what he told Luffy... I think they'll have a chance meeting at some moment... pure randomness, just like how Luffy met up with Ace in Arabasta out of nowhere...

Phoenix20578
Sat, 08-20-2005, 09:59 PM
I think that they'll met at the pirate summit. It just seems likely.

Jadugar
Sat, 08-20-2005, 10:12 PM
Luffy meeting Shanks at the pirate summit seems more likely. That would be a great moment. I think Ace will be there too. BTW does anyone know what was that piece of paper that Ace gave him? Was it just a piece of paper or some kind of map?

Deblas
Sat, 08-20-2005, 10:18 PM
You ask a lot of questions don't you?

Well about that piece of paper. It's just a.... blank piece of paper. Think Ace said to hold on to it until the next time they meet or something like that.

Jadugar
Sat, 08-20-2005, 10:21 PM
You ask a lot of questions don't you?

One of the reason I joined this forum

and warm people like yourself make it even better. Thanks again.

Deblas
Sat, 08-20-2005, 10:33 PM
aww I'm warm. *hugs self*

Jadugar
Sat, 08-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Do you feel like answering another question.

Will Luffy be expanding his crew anymore or seven is enough. He talks about getting a musician obnboard sometime. Doent he?

Phoenix20578
Sat, 08-20-2005, 10:42 PM
Not even the manga is that far yet man. But, there might be...

Deblas
Sat, 08-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Of course. I'll be glad too answer more questions from you.

I've been watching the first episodes again and remember him saying to Zoro that 10 crewmembers will be enough for a pirate crew. So I guess three more crewmember are coming our way.

Phoenix20578
Sat, 08-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Anyone who reads the manga or watches Gerusama's subs knows who the next crew member might be.i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Jadugar
Sat, 08-20-2005, 10:49 PM
I've been watching the first episodes again and remember him saying to Zoro that 10 crewmembers will be enough for a pirate crew. So I guess three more crewmember are coming our way.

I remember it now. Isnt in the cafe when Luffy ask Zorro to join his crew and Zorro asks him about how many he has got. Luffy answers only one but ten would be enough.

Watching One Piece again huh. I have only watched it twice. What about you? Does it still make you laugh?

Deblas
Sat, 08-20-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by: Phoenix20578
Anyone who reads the manga or watches Gerusama's subs knows who the next crew member might bei/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif
Ohh most definetly. And I may add that he is going to be one of the coolest members aboard. So are you feeling super?i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Jadugar
Sat, 08-20-2005, 10:53 PM
Ohh most definetly. And I may add that he is going to be one of the coolest members aboard. So are you feeling super?

Wait a minute.....Even cooler than Zorro and Sanji. Mama mia. I am already getting excited.

Phoenix20578
Sat, 08-20-2005, 10:55 PM
Lets put it this way. He stands out the most in even Luffy's crew.

Deblas
Sat, 08-20-2005, 10:58 PM
I only said that he will be amongst the coolest on board. No no no, Luffy's the coolest.

Originally posted by: Jadugar

I remember it now. Isnt in the cafe when Luffy ask Zorro to join his crew and Zorro asks him about how many he has got. Luffy answers only one but ten would be enough.

Watching One Piece again huh. I have only watched it twice. What about you? Does it still make you laugh?

Thats exactly where he said it.

I've been downloading K-F's batches again so I can burn them in DVD's. And its a good way to pass the time while waiting for the newest releases. I don't know how many times I've read the Arlong arc or Skypeia arc but I've done it quite a few times. I can't get enough of it. The jokes just don't get old. Simple as that.

Munsu
Sat, 08-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Of the list of possible crewmates (job positions) that Luffy has mentioned he needs or wants are a Carpenter (Usopp is just not enough to fix the ship every time) and a Musician, that if you ask me would probably suck... That being so, what position do you think the last person would have... any ideas?

My guess would be a scientist of some sort, but I guess Usopp already takes care of the inventions for the crew... So maybe just some other strong fighter... The Straw Hats can't keep relying on Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji everytime... Although Robin is strong, she seems to always be in the background... It seems like she never wants to get involved in the fights...

Jadugar
Sat, 08-20-2005, 11:03 PM
You are right. Luffy is one in a million. No one in trillion. No .... what comes after trillion. Anyway

I have all 1-157 episodes on CDR. I dont have a DVD burner. Hope to get one soon. So I can burn all my collection on DVDs.

New member : As long as they put another female character I will be happy. Luffy will always be the one to beat the super villian. A carpenter, maybe. Musician, definately (Knowing Luffy ). Another strong fighter, not sure.

Deblas
Sat, 08-20-2005, 11:06 PM
My guess would probably be a Stern Handler. Thats what the wrestler guy in Blackbeards crew does. I don't want the last crewmember to be just a fighter though. I always liked the combo of Luffy's crew. They all have an important job but at the same time they are freakishly strong fighters.

Jadugar
Sat, 08-20-2005, 11:13 PM
I hear you. I dont see anybody taking Zorro or Sanji's place soon. It would be some different character. Oda has a very broad imagination. I think he would come up with some brilliant characters without disturbing the current chemistry between present members.

Munsu
Sat, 08-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Man I've been putting all my anime in to DVDs the whole summer and I'm not even halfway through... It's a pain in the ass

Even bought a label maker to make my DVDs look nice... It's a good way to waste time, but ripping cds after cds it is really a pain in the ass

Jadugar
Sat, 08-20-2005, 11:19 PM
You must have a huge collection. Are you making any customised menus as well.

Munsu
Sat, 08-20-2005, 11:30 PM
I'm just passing the data, just like I would on a CD-R... I'm not converting it so i can watch it in a dvd player...

Jadugar
Sat, 08-20-2005, 11:38 PM
That would be a real pain in the ass, converting all the avi's into vob's. Are you using double sided layer(8.4 gig) DVD burner. If so, which one because I would like to get one soon. There is no room left on my desktop pc or laptop and the cd racks are pilling up.

PM me.

Deblas
Sun, 08-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
I'm just passing the data, just like I would on a CD-R... I'm not converting it so i can watch it in a dvd player...

Wait a second. You mean you need to convert the files even if you burn it on a DVD+R disc? Damn. I was afraid of that. Well can you still watch the burned eps. in a DVD+R disc on your computer?

Jadugar
Sun, 08-21-2005, 07:58 PM
You only need to convert the files if you want to watch that DVD+R in your DVD player, standlone like a VCR.

Munsu
Sun, 08-21-2005, 08:07 PM

Wait a second. You mean you need to convert the files even if you burn it on a DVD+R disc? Damn. I was afraid of that. Well can you still watch the burned eps. in a DVD+R disc on your computer?

I can play them on my pc just as i would a cd-r... but it has to be a DVD-rom... im not converting it to play it on standalone dvd players or a dvd player on my tv...

Phoenix20578
Sun, 08-21-2005, 08:11 PM
If you were going to have them play on a dvd player, you would only be able to fit about 5 or 6 episodes. I do the same thing as Bud. It's hard to believe 500Gb fills up so fast. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Jadugar
Sun, 08-21-2005, 08:18 PM
500Gb fills up so fast.

Is that your hard disk size?i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Deblas
Sun, 08-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Ohh thats good. I didn't want to get one just so I find out that I can't even play it on my pc.

And 500 gigs! Where the hell did you get so much space?

Phoenix20578
Sun, 08-21-2005, 08:25 PM
I'm a computer tech in the real world. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif I just got the harddrives and installed them.

Back on topic, does Luffy ever get full? I don't even think he was full at the Alabasta feast and he cleaned them out.

Jadugar
Sun, 08-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Lets hear the details of your pc spec then.

Phoenix20578
Sun, 08-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Fine, you want it, you got it.

P4 3.0Ghz
Asus P4S800 Deluxe Motherboard
1.25GB DDR Memory
Samsung 16x Double layer DVD+-RW/CD-RW
Lite-On 16x DVD-Rom
Ati Radeon 9200 128MB Video Card
Altec 5.1 Speaker System
Western Digital 40GB Harddrive(main w/ my OS)
2 Western Digital 300GB Harddrives.

There! Happy?

Now please, back on topic, why is Luffy a bottomless pit!?

Deblas
Sun, 08-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Well I have some theories.

One could be because Luffy is rubber. Meaning that his whole body is rubber including his stomach. Everyone has a limit to how much you can eat. You can only eat so much. When your stomach can't hold anymore it gives you the feeling of being full. But because luffy is rubber his stomach streches out of proportion not giving the feeling of being full so he can hold more food in his stomach than the average person.

My other one is that it just runs in the family. Ace has a bottomless stomach too.

Phoenix20578
Sun, 08-21-2005, 09:06 PM
Or a combination of both.

Jadugar
Sun, 08-21-2005, 09:07 PM
Maybe he just loves eating. He hasnt heard of pizza yet. Imagine him eating giant pizza with all the meat he can find as topping and there would be no slices, just one big piece.

vegita625
Sun, 08-21-2005, 10:56 PM
Of the list of possible crewmates (job positions) that Luffy has mentioned he needs or wants are a Carpenter (Usopp is just not enough to fix the ship every time) and a Musician, that if you ask me would probably suck... That being so, what position do you think the last person would have... any ideas?

My guess would be a scientist of some sort, but I guess Usopp already takes care of the inventions for the crew... So maybe just some other strong fighter... The Straw Hats can't keep relying on Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji everytime... Although Robin is strong, she seems to always be in the background... It seems like she never wants to get involved in the fights...

I would not be at all surprised if in the last couple of arcs of the anime Luffy adds a person to his crew that, among other talents, happens to be a musician. I'm not sure which is his goal in life, to get One Piece and be Pirate King... or to have a musician on board as part of the crew lol.

Jadugar
Sun, 08-21-2005, 11:33 PM
His real goal is "to become the pirate king" and get the "one piece". But he also wants to have good adventures and meet new people. Part of being pirate king means he has to have some of the finest crew onboard and a musician is certainly one of them.

Robin joined the Luffy's crew during Arabista arc. Its time to get a new member maybe during Skypiea arc.

Stoopider
Wed, 08-31-2005, 01:17 AM
Musician eh? Cool. Probably would be like kungfu hustle, when the fellow strums his guitar, invisible knives fly out. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Jadugar
Wed, 08-31-2005, 07:25 PM
That fight scene was cool but do you want a female or male musician.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 08-31-2005, 10:50 PM
Thats a delemia. I'd want another girl because three isn't enouph(Robin count as two). But, i'd want a guy who acts like Sanji, because watching them fight would be hilarious.

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-31-2005, 11:38 PM
The real reason to why Luffy eats as he does is because it's an shounen series cliche that all main characters eat like hell, and it may not be broken else thou shalth suffer.

Assertn
Sun, 09-04-2005, 08:33 PM
no more talking about this "mysterious member candidate"
i've already heard more than i care to and thats even with you guys trying to be all cleverly vague about it i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

vegita625
Sun, 09-04-2005, 10:11 PM
AssertnFailure, let me assure me that no one has said spoilers in even the vaguest quality unless we're talkin about what the manga's shown (up to 210 here), so relax, really...

Assertn
Sun, 09-04-2005, 10:59 PM
well, first of all, its been said that no new members have joined yet in the manga. Which assures me that nobody from skypiea is going to be joining. In fact, i know now not to expect a new person joining for a quite a while. Also, the next person most likely to join is male, and i think i heard he's more of a fighter type....which in itself says alot about the character in question.

Don't tell me that nobody has said spoilers because even in hinting at spoilers, they reveal info that isn't yet meant to be known

Jadugar
Mon, 09-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Guys, I think there is already a thread (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=52&threadid=16062&enterthrea d=y) created to discuss who willl join Luffy next.

Assertn
Mon, 09-05-2005, 01:52 AM
no.....that thread is for discussing if luffy ever meets up with shanks again

Munsu
Mon, 09-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
no.....that thread is for discussing if luffy ever meets up with shanks again

No this thread is for that... get your facts straight

Jesus...

Assertn
Mon, 09-05-2005, 03:40 PM
er yeah.....i got his post here and his post in the other thread mixed up.....thats what i meant i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Jadugar
Mon, 09-05-2005, 09:05 PM
No wonder you are not a mod any more.