MA-X848HD beam saber x 1
MX2351 "Solidus Fulgor" beam shield generator x 2
MMI-GAU25A 20mm CIWS x 2
G14X3IZ "Screaming Nimbus"

Curium
Sun, 08-07-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by: aznroyale
G14X3IZ "Screaming Nimbus"

Is that the red cloud thing they used? I have been wondering exactly what it was. A weapon? A shield? A reflector? I really can't tell.

aznimperialx
Sun, 08-07-2005, 01:01 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0a/Zgmf-xx09t.jpg/180px-Zgmf-xx09t.jpg

Personally i tihnk the regualr rick dom looks cooler than the DOm trooper in GSD. It adds all that bulky stuff on and the way the Head the Red part, sretched out horizontally is kinda werid. i find ugly

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/MS-09.GIF/180px-MS-09.GIF

I find this just plain and simple. then u start adding the guns and bazooka it looks cooler and more badass IMO

Curium
Sun, 08-07-2005, 01:07 AM
They look the same to me except the GSD one has more detail too it.

Illrenmazou
Sun, 08-07-2005, 01:11 AM
This Mobile Suit deserves to have an MG treatment! Sooo Cool!

MeroTZ
Sun, 08-07-2005, 09:20 AM
The DOM Trooper is a fantastical example of why non Gundams dont suck.

I want one, they are in fact double sexy, and they are my favorite suits to come out of Destiny thus far.

Imagine a dozen squads of them advancing on a single front. Nothing could stand against it.

Clyne faction forever!

Chris_Xion
Sun, 08-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Yea,they rape!And to think these "grunt" commander-type mobile suits were rejected by ZAFT in favour of ZAKUs and Goufs...lol

Sano
Sun, 08-07-2005, 11:59 PM
Really? Well, that was a big mistake on Zaft's part. As cool as they are now, I have a feeling those 3 Doms won't survive to the end of the show...

Marcis
Mon, 08-08-2005, 01:47 AM
Only lame thing about them is abbreviation. Who thinks up those anyway? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif
Dauntless Obliterator Magnificient... i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif
What do they smoke? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-08-2005, 02:24 AM
Obliterator Magnificient for the win!

I love them

Edit: But they are probably gonna die

NomoZ
Mon, 08-08-2005, 04:27 AM
Of course they're going to die, they're the new astray trio.

john_doe_107
Mon, 08-08-2005, 05:51 AM
how can..something so bulky like that be so quick and mobile?
how are they powered?

anyhoots, they're hot. super hot. why did stupid zaft abandoned them anyway?
Dauntless Obliterator Magnificent..kinda lame by itself
but if
Dauntless Obliterator Magnificent Troopers..kinda cool

Cion
Mon, 08-08-2005, 06:12 AM
Guess i can post the link here too as i did in the ep disc..
All info you possibly need:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZGMF-XX09T_DOM_Trooper

Trio=100% Death

Chris_Xion
Mon, 08-08-2005, 10:49 AM
See,that link says ZAFT abandoned them,and DOMS are fast in hovering moves,they cant fly like the other MSs,so i guess their forte in Earth is ground combat.Wait till the series reaches space,then the true worth of the DOMs will be proven,they'll rock!

Phoebus
Mon, 08-08-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

I love them

uhm....what....die???

how do u know???

tell me, me, me, me !!

Death13a
Mon, 08-08-2005, 02:25 PM
My guess that DOMs will use different pack to allow to be good at space. I think DOMs are as powerful as Destiny with all thier weaponry.

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-08-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by: Phoebus

I love them

uhm....what....die???

how do u know???

tell me, me, me, me !!

Trios always die, it's an unwritten Gundam rule!

telemari
Mon, 08-08-2005, 05:50 PM
bwahaha. skating mobile suits.

aznimperialx
Mon, 08-08-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by: telemari
bwahaha. skating mobile suits.

LOL it did look like it was skating and they where hanging on to each other that was funny

MrTicTac
Mon, 08-08-2005, 08:23 PM
shouting out "JET STREAM ATTACK" ! caused their badass level to go from 9 to 4.5 for me

Illrenmazou
Mon, 08-08-2005, 11:22 PM
Yeah, kinda lame. Only super robot shows shout their attack move i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Curium
Mon, 08-08-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by: Illrenmazou
Yeah, kinda lame. Only super robot shows shout their attack move

Ruroni Kenshin

Splash!
Tue, 08-09-2005, 12:57 AM
It might be lame but it owned a squad of ZAKUS lead by a GOUF and in the end thats what counts right?
Besides i thought it kinda looked cool, we wont be hearing much from those pilots anyways or getting to know them that well if they go along with killing them as tradition dictates. As a result i dont mind them hearing them shout out the name of their attack. After all, it might eventually be all that they get to say

MrTicTac
Tue, 08-09-2005, 01:03 AM
well a lot of shows have people shouting attacks, but i'd never think a normal gundam series would do that (SD,G-fighter dont count) I think old tri-stars said like "get ready for our jet-stream attack" or something like that but never like long pause.... *RAWR* JET STREAM ATTACK

It was kinda weak too,, i really hate these beam shields they got now,, they shoulda showed it more detail,, they just had them in a very short scene skating and on the way stuff blew up

old tri-stars had mad team work, like during jet stream,, first one attacks a little bit, then 2nd some more and 3rd finishes, all 3 dodging along the way

i did like one part when one of the doms jumped up on top of a mobil suit and shot it down

Illrenmazou
Tue, 08-09-2005, 07:39 AM
What I mean is on the Mecha genre

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-09-2005, 09:16 AM
To celebrate the fact that Hilda is a pirate and will probably die within the next few episodes, I will now be the first person on the forums to use her as avatar.

YARR!!!!!!!!

Yay, yet another will-die-soon-and-is-in-the-show-for-no-reason-yet-Terra-likes-the-person character to add to the list!

MeroTZ
Tue, 08-09-2005, 10:10 AM
To celebrate the fact that Hilda is a pirate and will probably die within the next few episodes, I will now be the first person on the forums to use her as avatar.

YARR!!!!!!!!

Yay, yet another will-die-soon-and-is-in-the-show-for-no-reason-yet-Terra-likes-the-person character to add to the list!

I hate to say it Terra, but these guys are infinately cooler than Heine.

You said it yourself, Obliterator Magnificent for the win.

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-09-2005, 10:32 AM
The best thing with the DOM troopers is that they actually look like soldiers, that's something a lot of the characters in Seed really don't i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

I wouldn't say they beat Heine, but Hilda probably has a nicer ass.

knirfie
Tue, 08-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by: MrTicTac
shouting out "JET STREAM ATTACK" ! caused their badass level to go from 9 to 4.5 for me

I totally agree...

blightian
Wed, 08-10-2005, 06:50 AM
the DOMS are cool. i was looking forward to their appearance until they showed me their child-like formation. i was on the verge of tears when i see their "JET STREAM ATTACK" . its really hilarious.

masamuneehs
Wed, 08-10-2005, 03:50 PM
I will admit its nice to see a updated detailed version of the old DOM. It does piss me off that they are on the Lacus faction side though.... why doesn't anybody ever go to the dark side anymore? And that means they'll die instead of Kira or Athrun or Lacus or Cagalli.... Which pisses me off too.

But they do prove that non-Gundams can still kick ass (granted that they're on the good guys' side, otherwise they'd be faceless cannon fodder)

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Wed, 08-10-2005, 10:35 PM
The Dom Troopers Kick ASS, it was a shame Minerva didnt spotted them. They would have said "WTF!". First Archangel. then Sfreedom and to end it the Doms

PSJ
Fri, 08-12-2005, 12:55 PM
The Dom troopers rule. They got one pirate, one deskjob guy with the name Reinhardt which is the coolest german name in existence and the last guy named Mars. Of course they are badass. Reinhardt takes the cake though, he is awesome i mean his name is Reinhardt. Say that once it sounds so cool R-E-I-N-H-A-R-D-T.

They will probably die though and i think the DOMs are only good if the pilots are ace pilots if your average grunt soldier pilots them i imagine they will suck. Probably easier to have ZAKUs and GOUFs as the main force, probably cheaper to produce to.

Phoenix20578
Sun, 08-14-2005, 10:15 AM
Did anyone notice how calm they were throughout the episode? They took out a hell-of-alot of mobile suits, and the biggest reation i saw was, "So, were going to use that attack?"
(Them shouting "JET STREAM ATTACK!" doesn't count because that was just gay)

PSJ
Sun, 08-14-2005, 11:14 AM
Yea real pilots can control their emotions. Either that or they just didn't care enough to show emotions, i'd go for reason nr. 2 which makes them even cooler.

drunkenmaster
Sun, 08-14-2005, 02:43 PM
i just rewatched the dom troopers for the hell of it. and for sum reason it was even more halarious. i mean they are just like trashing everying and jumping over shit with huge guns. its sorta like a gang of skakeboarders with bats and chains just trashing little kids in a playground. the music just adds to the flavor.

Dumt?
Sun, 08-14-2005, 05:10 PM
So how long do u guys think this Trio will survive?
2 Episodes?
3 Episodes?
4?
How long =P ? My guess is that they will ATLEAST sruvive about 3 eps..

PSJ
Sun, 08-14-2005, 05:23 PM
They will die in the last episode or so, just like the Astray girls did.

Phoenix20578
Sun, 08-14-2005, 05:27 PM
The Astray girls were kind of annoying. And on top of that, they seemed to just get in the way. The Dom guys don't seem like that at all, but yeah, they'll die in the last episode.

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-14-2005, 05:35 PM
I didn't care about the astray girls at all, they felt just like generic soldiers.
The DOM troopers are at least established as somewhat good pilots.

Motteh
Sun, 08-14-2005, 06:26 PM
i believe the DOM pilots to be alot more established
if what i read in that wikipedia link that's in this thread can be seen as the truth, then the DOM pilots are Yachin Due survivors/veterans
that should more then vouch for their skill right? (seeing as how Heine was one too and he got in FAITH (partly) because of it, or am i fishing now?)

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-14-2005, 07:00 PM
You are right about Heine.
However I didn't know that they were Jachin Due survivors. That was interesting. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Motteh
Sun, 08-14-2005, 08:44 PM
the link i was referring to is on the first page of this thread i believe (if you haven't already found it i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif)

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-08-2005, 03:01 AM
Well then guys, 3 eps to go (since 47 is a recap) and we've seen the DOM troopers 2 times. Talk about massive development.

Even funnier: they are in the opening, Yzak/Dearka aren't. Amazing.

PSJ
Thu, 09-08-2005, 07:36 AM
I want more of Reinhardt, that man is awesome.

DeathscytheVII
Sun, 09-11-2005, 07:40 PM
I find it interesting that there's more love for Characters with less screentime. I.e Heine for four eps, DOM troopers for like 2 minutes, than there is for the 'main' characters of this series.....

Anyways, these guys rock, i don't mind them shouting "jet stream attack!", although it does look corny, but you can't argue with the cool results i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

heero
Sun, 09-11-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by: DeathscytheVII
I find it interesting that there's more love for Characters with less screentime. I.e Heine for four eps, DOM troopers for like 2 minutes, than there is for the 'main' characters of this series.....

Anyways, these guys rock, i don't mind them shouting "jet stream attack!", although it does look corny, but you can't argue with the cool results

I bet Fukuda is hitting his head against the wall thinking wat the hell is wrong with these kids liking the insignificant characters so much.

DeathscytheVII
Mon, 09-12-2005, 01:44 AM
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, these guys rock, i don't mind them shouting "jet stream attack!", although it does look corny, but you can't argue with the cool results
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bet Fukuda is hitting his head against the wall thinking wat the hell is wrong with these kids liking the insignificant characters so much.

Meh, us fans have been bashing our heads wondering what the hell he's doing to the plot of GSD. It's only fair i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

isso
Mon, 09-12-2005, 03:03 AM

Meh, us fans have been bashing our heads wondering what the hell he's doing to the plot of GSD. It's only fair

LOL, i have been hitting my head against the wall, this series was great until episode 35+ (yet 38 was cool).. I don't know what will happen in these 3 last episodes...

Terracosmo
Mon, 09-12-2005, 05:48 AM

Who cares that they are minor... they are obviously a lot more interesting than the mains, so that's what matters. Also, it might be because everything the major characters do are so fucking predictable.

masamuneehs
Mon, 09-12-2005, 01:43 PM
I wont argue that alot of the main characters are extremely predictable, to the point of its boring (rather than dramatic) to watch much anticipated events unfold.

I disagree about everyone liking minor characters more than major ones BECAUSE they're less predictable. I think we'd soon find these characters, if there was an attempt to develop them further, fall into the general anime cliches, have quite static personalities and are predictable. The only reason the DOM Troopers are coolish are because they pilot the fucking hot as hell DOM Trooper and because we know almost nothing about them.

And I'm not very interested in them at all. In fact I'm pissed they're even around, because it was so obvious that they're there primarily to stop ORB from getting destroyed by ZAFT. 3 suits doing all that damage is BS anyhow, but introducing new characters to do it really pisses me off.

Loc
Mon, 09-12-2005, 02:02 PM
I've said before and I'll say it again, people just don't notice me. There's a high possibility that 49 will be another recap, as much as we all hate it. I'm doing this so we can all prepare...

Bakemono
Mon, 09-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by: Loc
I've said before and I'll say it again, people just don't notice me. There's a high possibility that 49 will be another recap, as much as we all hate it. I'm doing this so we can all prepare...

And that has something to do with DOM Troopers? Post your theories in the right topic Here (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=48&threadid=13492&enterthrea d=y) so you won't be ignored!

All right, back to topic:
I also really liked the DOMs when they first kicked out. They were quite "badasses" i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif . Also Hilda in the ZAFT red coat looked good *thumbs up*. It's going to be big suprise if they manage to stay alive until the end of the series, but I really hope for it! And oh yes, they are going to kick so much ass in space i/expressions/devil.gif

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Wed, 09-14-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by: aznimperialx
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0a/Zgmf-xx09t.jpg/180px-Zgmf-xx09t.jpg

Personally i tihnk the regualr rick dom looks cooler than the DOm trooper in GSD. It adds all that bulky stuff on and the way the Head the Red part, sretched out horizontally is kinda werid. i find ugly

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/MS-09.GIF/180px-MS-09.GIF

I find this just plain and simple. then u start adding the guns and bazooka it looks cooler and more badass IMO

U Kidding? It looks more like a toy. Its supposed to be a War Machine.

aznroyale
Wed, 09-14-2005, 05:45 PM
yeah Dom are buff up

Curium
Sat, 10-08-2005, 01:03 AM
Something new from MAHQ.

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gund...iny-msv/zgmf-xx09t.htm (http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/destiny-msv/zgmf-xx09t.htm)

6Zabuza9
Sat, 10-08-2005, 04:56 PM
cool. white looks cooler then purple i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif and everyone who predicted that the doms would die, the y predicted wrong i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

RedX1z
Tue, 10-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by: 6Zabuza9
cool. white looks cooler then purple and everyone who predicted that the doms would die, the y predicted wrong

yeah, pretty shocked that they didn't die and pissed, because i owe someone 5 bucks now..

aznroyale
Tue, 10-11-2005, 08:36 PM
hahaha you lost $5

RedX1z
Tue, 10-11-2005, 08:45 PM
don't make fun, it sucks enough as it is..i demand dom trooper blood, damn it!

aznroyale
Tue, 10-11-2005, 08:52 PM
NO the Dom Trooper are the shit lols can you give me $5 too? e-mail me it lols

aznroyale
Tue, 10-11-2005, 08:53 PM
NO Dom Troopers are the shit. can you gove me $5 also.??? e-mail me it
youlost$5tome@yahoo.com lols
ayia!!! sorry for the double post!

RedX1z
Tue, 10-11-2005, 08:57 PM
how about i give it to you in person?*cracks knuckles*

edit:you pick it up!

aznroyale
Tue, 10-11-2005, 09:05 PM
alright.*bringing a triad*
leave it in front of the garbage can inside a suit case
*after i got my $5*
you got beat up and your mom doesnt recognize you lols
just kidding

RedX1z
Tue, 10-11-2005, 09:14 PM
i think it's the other way around, your mom won't recognize you..never know. just playing.

aznroyale
Tue, 10-11-2005, 09:16 PM
for some reason this week and last week, i donwloading a lot of anime -_-

RedX1z
Tue, 10-11-2005, 09:17 PM
a lot of anime? what's there to download nowadays?

aznimperial
Tue, 10-11-2005, 09:45 PM
old anime i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Black_Wing
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:38 PM
At last im the 1st person to have a dom trooper signature what you think

Black_Wing
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:40 PM
Too bad they wont have there own spin off ors omething kinda like astray. There appearance where very brief but im glad they survived destiny. too bad heiny didnt make it he wasnt cool enough and iguess had too uch screen time

Terra has nothing on me .....

aznimperialx
Great but the size limit for gotwoot is 400x80

aznroyale
the sig is too big, no larger than 400x80

PS dont double post

aznimperialx
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:42 PM
WTF? we all posted at 9:40PM...

Black_Wing
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by: aznroyale
the sig is too big, no larger than 400x80

PS dont double post

I did not double post gosh... my mistake I will resize it

Doesnt look as glorious at 400x 80 i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif I can barely make out my name

aznimperialx
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:54 PM
it was better before now its squished i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif