PDA

View Full Version : Phase 42 discussion

Freki
Sat, 08-06-2005, 07:08 AM
well raw is out and i am bored so i strted thread. Anyway you can get raw here (http://bt.saiyaman.info/).

SKRuLLS
Sat, 08-06-2005, 08:17 AM
plz post the english version here if it is out already... thx!

oyabun
Sat, 08-06-2005, 08:31 AM
YEY, this episode will rock i hope..

john_doe_107
Sat, 08-06-2005, 09:09 AM
damn it..can't download till monday..
but been readin' the review..DAMN..this episode is good.

Guardian_2000
Sat, 08-06-2005, 09:14 AM
This ep kicked ass. The dom's rape. I mean they look so fucking cool and they kick ass. Then we get the encounter of shinn vs Freedom. In the preview you see Shinn going nuts with the sword... LOL wait till you see what Freedom does. I'm not gonna spoil too much of this ep. Just this was great. Kira fricken is awesome. And then Infinite Justice comes on the scene. Damn I can't wait to hear what Shinn says. lol

knirfie
Sat, 08-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Kick ass episode, can't wait for the sub and the next episode i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

and yes, the dom's rape ass...

Strike Freedom
Sat, 08-06-2005, 10:49 AM
DAMN, DAMN U GUYS....MAKING ME WANT TO C THE RAW....*desperately clicking on the raw download link*

Everon
Sat, 08-06-2005, 11:06 AM
Fun episode, kinda of teaser that Justice doesn't launch until the end.

Guardian_2000
Sat, 08-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Oh thought I would mention this. If any naysayers still exist on the subject of Neo being Mwu who did indeed survive the destruction of Strike. I highly reccommend you pay attention to this ep. Especially after two missiles are about to hit AA when Minerva is in the fight against them. There is a certain line spoken.

Chris_Xion
Sat, 08-06-2005, 12:30 PM
I so luv this ep...i think all episodes after phase 35 are good to watch,those DOM's really rape n that woman leading them looks sexy with the eyepatch

Death13a
Sat, 08-06-2005, 12:46 PM
LOL best episode ever. It has good fights, some intresting talks( juding from RAW), good twists of evences. It is a MUST SEE episode. and as for preview for next episode, it looks as it will be same rank as this one. hmmm Fukuda realy turned intensity up after last episode.

Chris_Xion
Sat, 08-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Yes,Infinite Justice's appearance will surely rankle ZAFT and i wonder about its fighting styles...should be cool

Strike Freedom
Sat, 08-06-2005, 01:31 PM
Just saw the raw, can't wait for the episode to be subbed. Excellent, making the impossible possible...sweet. This is a GREAT episode, had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Wizard054
Sat, 08-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Now we know why Freedom and Justice were holding hands during the 41 preview.

zn|¹
Sat, 08-06-2005, 02:14 PM
It's nice how Shinn understands how he would of been raped 100x's over if Kira's side guns were beams and not substance rifles. Also, Destiny has a power supply?? ....Does DESTINY really use soooo much energy that it can deplete a nuclear reactor within a few minutes???? If so, Destiny is not a very practical Gundam.

Oh ya... POWER INDUCATOR!!! Long live Japan's horrible misspelling powers!! But seriously, is it THAT hard to find someone who is proficient in both Japanese and English... especially in such a big company.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sat, 08-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Kick ass episode, the doms are AMAZING they remind me hockey players, SPECTACULAR. After watching it, i think ATHRUN wont be able to do much, Meyring is helping him to walk for christ sake how is he supposed to pilot IJustice at Destiny or Legend's Level?. I was so happy when i saw Yuna after the nice beating, u must see that. I cant belive Kira is having some trouble with Shinn i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif, but thank god he isnt fighting so seriously, yet. One thing i dont like was, there r 3 MS in ETERNAL, i think 1 is SFreedom the other IJustice, please dont tell me Shinn will use the last one. Wait a minute was the third one GAIA? (let it be, someone could answer that?). Still no signs of Izak or Deaka i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif, how much r they planning to make us wait?.

RESUME: Very ns episode, fortunately i waited until it was completed b4 trying to play it, i waited too to watch it b4 posting something Phase 43 will be... I dont know, but i hope it will kick ass too.

Cion
Sat, 08-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Me want sub and i too wonder how athrun will fight, he looks pretty beat up.
But i'm looking forward to Kira/Athrun vs Shinn/Rey. Who is the best team players?

naruto-kira
Sat, 08-06-2005, 03:23 PM
Kira kicks a** omg gave me some goosebumps.....lol...embarass someone really bad(don't want to mention the name but u know who it is)...LOL LMAO

romancing_xaga
Sat, 08-06-2005, 03:41 PM
this episode rocks! at least we got to see Shinn getting pissed off, again, coz he cant seem to overpower one mobile suit, Strike Freedom. I think Neo said something like "making the impossible, possible" or something... the DOM MS are rocking!! that formation is cool, I just think they move funny..hovering on the ground, sliding through enemies...hehe, its till next episode we see Justice in action, so ppl fasten your seatbelts..

Deamon007
Sat, 08-06-2005, 03:45 PM
this episode is to cool only Kira can block a beam with another beam and Mwu was to cool I cant wait for the sub

redemption2
Sat, 08-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Oh, Awesome Awesome AWESOME! Will someone please get that hit on GIF for me? Let's see, a quick recap, ORB vs. ZAFT, Destiny Vs. Akatsuki, Destiny vs. Freedom, Lacus in a pink flight suit *drool*, Lacus in her "ninja" outfit *double drool*, DOM Lightstream Attack, and Cagalli vs. Yuuna. I won't say any more because it will spoil it all. Now for the kill count of the episode:

Freedom: 16
Akatsuki: 2
Destiny: 7
ZAFT Grunts: 7, 1 Ship
ORB Grunts: 4
DOM Troopers: 15

Pretty good haul for the day I'd say. Also, does anyone know what that third mobile suit in the Eternal's Hangar was? It doesn't look like Strike. From left to right the order was, Unknown, SF, and IJ, so what could that first one be?

MeroTZ
Sat, 08-06-2005, 04:10 PM
If the rest of the series can keep this shit up....

Well, that will be freaking incredible.

I want a DOM. So. Bad. They are too freaking good.

Lacus looks good in a pilot suit.

Athrun + Kira = Ass whoopin' that Shinn and Rey cant begin to imagine. Shinn's long overdue, and this episode was the prepayment on a bill he's not even started to pay. Kira totally owned... he disarmed Destiny of its most powerful weapon, and all around rocked. To be fair, Shinn had expended some valuable weapons, but hey.

God, I cant wait for 43

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sat, 08-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Oh, yeah i forgot to metion that. Shinn really was pissed off because he couldnt overpower Freedom, now we know Destiny isnt Nuclear powered. It looks too, like DRAGOON really cant work in Earth's Atmosphera, such a shame.

I really didnt like Lacus in the Pink Pilot Suit, but i was drooling all over my keyboard when i saw her in the, i think is a short black ninja suit.

When Meyring saw her she was like "WTH now i have to compete against Cagalli and Lacus-sama". Cant wait to see how Athrun pilots IJustice.

Now something that has been bothering since Phase 39, Why Kira and Athrun dont call the MS by its names? It is Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice, they make them sound a little cheap every time they sortie "Freedom" "Justice".

BTW, i think the Doms will be way better in Space, i think one of the pilots mentioned something like "The Earth's Gravity really is something" or something around those lines. Doms really are something.

Minerva's Captain really needs to change sides, she is losing authority aboard Minerva, next time Rey will be giving orders on how to attack AA.

Next Saturday i will be having classes so i will watch it around 5 hours after most of u so have fun assisting to the PREMIERE. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

MeroTZ
Sat, 08-06-2005, 05:41 PM
I like how they refer to them as just Freedom and Justice. Referring to them by their full names would be.... unrealistic?

I was so happy in 39 when Kira said freedom and not strike freedom.

Curium
Sat, 08-06-2005, 07:15 PM
I thought it was interesting that some Orb soldiers turned traitor to help Djbril. I could be wrong (I don't know what they are saying) but it looked like some soldiers came to arrest him and they were killed by other soldiers.

Oh, and Guardian, I still refuse to admit Neo might be Mwu. Extreme coincidence, thats all it is.

Strike Freedom
Sat, 08-06-2005, 07:20 PM
http://www.hiro-fansubs.com/ The subbed version by HIRO is out, enjoy guys

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sat, 08-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Someone beat me to the punch.

Sano
Sat, 08-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the subbed link!!

dspR
Sat, 08-06-2005, 08:07 PM
You gotta love the Cagalli punch.

zn|¹
Sat, 08-06-2005, 08:22 PM
Oh, yeah i forgot to metion that. Shinn really was pissed off because he couldnt overpower Freedom, now we know Destiny isnt Nuclear powered. It looks too, like DRAGOON really cant work in Earth's Atmosphera, such a shame.

No... Destiny IS nuclear powered... either A.) The directors screwed up or B.) It has something to do with the whole Duetrion factor.

DESTINY MOS -
G - Gunnery
U - United
N - Nuclear
D - Duetrion
A - Advanced
M - Maneuver

Curium
Sat, 08-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by: Strike Freedom
http://www.hiro-fansubs.com/ The subbed version by HIRO is out, enjoy guys

Here is the IRC bot list.

[Hiro]_Gundam_SEED_Destiny_Phase_42_[6D100C9F].avi
/ctcp Hiro|ExtraAngst xdcc send #3
/ctcp Hiro|SuperAngst xdcc send #3
/ctcp Hiro|Sexy xdcc send #5
/ctcp Hiro|Haro xdcc send #6
/ctcp Hiro|Spore xdcc send #6
/ctcp bAka-upload xdcc send #32
/ctcp Nanashi|Ahobaka xdcc send #49
/ctcp Nanashi|typeZERO xdcc send #11
/ctcp SporeBot xdcc send #10

shiro03
Sat, 08-06-2005, 08:54 PM
wow! i really enjoy those DOM trooper, they look soooo cooool.wahahahahaahhaah bulldozing their way thru those ZAKUs.they have a combo too! interesting!

i wonder where did lacus find those pliots.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

oh 1 more thing the look of shin's face when he saw SF kekekeekekekei/expressions/beer.gif

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sat, 08-06-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by: zn|¹

No... Destiny IS nuclear powered... either A.) The directors screwed up or B.) It has something to do with the whole Duetrion factor.

DESTINY MOS -
G - Gunnery
U - United
N - Nuclear
D - Duetrion
A - Advanced
M - Maneuver

It could be, and it looks like Destiny has two power sources because the screen where the remain power appears are two counters that says "PRIMARY" and "SECONDARY". If its nuclear powered, then we know how much attacks Shinn does with so little effect. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

Good question about where Lacus found the Dom Trooper's Pilots. Now it wouldnt be so surprising if Lacus really has a GENESIS up her sleeve, this girls says "PEACE" yet she has pretty nice toys. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif. So sexy, Kira was lucky to met her.

Strike Freedom
Sat, 08-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by: SFreedomZGMFx20a

Good question about where Lacus found the Dom Trooper's Pilots. Now it wouldnt be so surprising if Lacus really has a GENESIS up her sleeve, this girls says "PEACE" yet she has pretty nice toys. . So sexy, Kira was lucky to met her.

Lucky dog indeed, but I wouldn't want to piss her off if I was Kira i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

redemption2
Sat, 08-06-2005, 10:06 PM
There's one thing that bugs me. The only Nuclear suit in existance was Freedom. After the war, the N-Jammer Canceller was banned, thus making Nuclear suits impossible to make. Meaning that Dullindal is breaking some MAJOR regulations here to give them power.

Miro69
Sat, 08-06-2005, 10:14 PM
things i learned from this episode:

a) shinn acts just like an emo druggie. he doesnt wanna back out of the fight and he keeps wanting to go after the protagonist. go figure >_>"no.. i can still fight!" *screenshot of dead power in his gundam*

b) lacus does a magical jump from her flight suit to her katana suit without anyone else noticing.

c) the black tri-stars live again! ... and now do a jet stream attack... *yawns* so its ANOTHER trinity. what else is new?

for the most part, the episode was enjoyable. except athrun's character development is still making me go wtf? i wanted to just skip past it because it was soooo boring. it seemed to bog down thet pace of the episode from super fast to 'must give athrun some time to realize who he truly is because he doesnt know and lacus must tell him'.

Strike Freedom
Sat, 08-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by: Miro69
things i learned from this episode:

a) shinn acts just like an emo druggie. he doesnt wanna back out of the fight and he keeps wanting to go after the protagonist. go figure >_>"no.. i can still fight!" *screenshot of dead power in his gundam*

b) lacus does a magical jump from her flight suit to her katana suit without anyone else noticing.

c) the black tri-stars live again! ... and now do a jet stream attack... *yawns* so its ANOTHER trinity. what else is new?

for the most part, the episode was enjoyable. except athrun's character development is still making me go wtf? i wanted to just skip past it because it was soooo boring. it seemed to bog down thet pace of the episode from super fast to 'must give athrun some time to realize who he truly is because he doesnt know and lacus must tell him'.

I'll be honest, I agree. I've had it with Athuran's development, I mean how much longer. It really feels that out of the the three (Shinn, Kira & Athuran), he is the main character. He's always been there, not that there is anything wrong with that. I like Athuran, I just wish he wasn't so indecisive anymore. I mean, after leaving the Minerva, he was pretty set on the chairman being the villian. What gives with him still being perplexed? I really hope Athuran goes SEED, although I highly doubt it. But hey, one can dream. Rey and Shinn both need to be given a reality check, especially Shinn who is over confident. Complacency is dangerous. So we'll c what happens, but JUSTICE better bring some hell of a counter attack. From the look of things, Athuran gives Shinn his regular speech, but Shinn attacks anyhow. Well, if Athuran is playing a parent figure by giving lectures, then he needs to give the disobedient child a good spanking. I'm sorry, but I just cannot stand Shinn anymore with his arrogant attitude.

Curium
Sat, 08-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by: redemption2
There's one thing that bugs me. The only Nuclear suit in existance was Freedom. After the war, the N-Jammer Canceller was banned, thus making Nuclear suits impossible to make. Meaning that Dullindal is breaking some MAJOR regulations here to give them power.

Well, the EAF broke the treaty first when they launched nukes at PLANT. After that it wouldn't surprise me that he felt he was no longer restricted by that treaty. Also the Mirage Coloid was banned in the same treaty, it was used by the Girty Lue when it was waiting for the gundams to be stolen, and now in Destiny.

Originally posted by: Miro69
except athrun's character development is still making me go wtf? i wanted to just skip past it because it was soooo boring. it seemed to bog down thet pace of the episode from super fast to 'must give athrun some time to realize who he truly is because he doesnt know and lacus must tell him'.

Personally I'm waiting to judge that part to see the results. If we still have the wishy-washy indecisive Athrun we have had most of Destiny then I will consider it bad since it accomplished nothing. If, however, he acctually gets his head on straight after this then it is a great part that should have happened 25 episodes ago.

Cion
Sat, 08-06-2005, 10:41 PM
Ok i now i watched the sub vers i find it interesting how Rey spoke of Freedom.
He said they meant to provoke him and that SF is a phantom, so Rey still thinks Kira is dead?
I didn't know the Dom trio was on Clyne faction side, to bad they are bound to die.
All trios have died so far, pity since i found them interesting.

Since a few wondered about the dom trio, here is some info:
"At least three DOM Troopers are built by the Clyne Faction at Terminal, whose pilots include Hilda Harken (team leader, pilot of unit 003), Herbert Von Reinhardt (pilot of unit 004), and Mars Simeon (pilot of unit 009), veterans of the Second Battle of Jachin Due who joined the Clyne Faction after the war's end. Their specialty is the "Jet Stream Attack", which allows them to combine the power of three mobile suit into one through a highly synchronized attack. This maneuver involves the three DOMs attacking a single target in rapid succession, with each pilot using a different weapon"

^info from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZGMF-XX09T_DOM_Trooper

Barandax
Sat, 08-06-2005, 11:13 PM
I'm pretty sure the third suit in the hanger was Gaia or possibly Strike being repaired, I'll have to watch that part again to be certain. As for Destiny running out of power it could just be that Duetrion is some type of nuclear fuel, different from regular batteries to provide the power that Destiny requires to operate its engines to move at such speed and sustaine the phase shift armor, but still limited in operation time. The Chairman is trying to stay good in the public eye and using illegal tech like n-jammer cancelers might give him a bad reputation or maybe something that can be used against him by the politicians who knows.

Is it mentioned in Destinys specs that the extra images are provided by a Mirage Coloid system? I must have missed that somehow if it is cause then I can't fathom why the Chairman wouldnt use a true nuclear engine.

Unless it is some major oversight, I would have to say that Destiny is not nuclear powered at all. There is no way it could drain a reactor from the stuff it does while Strike Freedom is shooting a zillion beams everywhere, the power consumption ratios just dont add up.

shiro03
Sat, 08-06-2005, 11:15 PM
cion thanks for the info on the DOM trooperi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

i m not sure they r bound to die but base on the usual crap of typical anime story line, they can at least last till those finally episode.

as for those character development i have only 1 thing to say abt athrun, he is just too confuse!

PS:i wonder is there any new toys from lacus hehehehehehehehehi/expressions/rolleye.gif

aznroyale
Sat, 08-06-2005, 11:27 PM
There were three units at the Eternal, i know one is IJ and SF, but whats the other one?

SKY_SO_BLUE
Sat, 08-06-2005, 11:58 PM
It must be Gaia, OR a new MS/Gundam FUKUDA planning to make money off from plamodels! Ahah im jk... i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

k_truong
Sun, 08-07-2005, 12:19 AM
ey
when kira blocked shin's sword and blasted him with the 2 rail guns.. how come shin didn't recieve any damage???
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????

zn|¹
Sun, 08-07-2005, 12:26 AM
He used his substance guns - due to Phase Shift armor substance guns do no damage to the Gundam -
That's why after he got shot he was screaming

If these were beams it would be over right now!! Is that what your trying to say!?

Curium
Sun, 08-07-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by: Cion
He said they meant to provoke him and that SF is a phantom, so Rey still thinks Kira is dead?

When Rey was talking about having a phantom I think he was talking about Neo because of the flashes early in the series.

Originally posted by: k_truong
ey
when kira blocked shin's sword and blasted him with the 2 rail guns.. how come shin didn't recieve any damage???
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????

Acctually I think I owe somebody an apology because of this (can't remember who). The hip mounted guns on Freedom and SF are Railguns. They shoot EXTREMELY high velocity projectiles. Phase Shift armor protects against physical weapons. However there was an effect. Like already mentioned it seems that Destiny doesn't have a true nuclear engine (I'll give my opinion below) so it does have an energy limit. Taking point blank range blasts from those would require the Phase Shift to work overtime. It managed to protect the MS, but it drained a lot of energy to do so. Waltfeld demonstrated against Strike that hitting it with physical weapons may not damage it, but it does increase the rate at which the power for the PS is used.

As for the Destiny power supply, the nuclear may be just used because they were too lazy to come up with another word and wanted it to sound more powerful then Impulse. If you recall Kira had too hit the emergency shut off to prevent Freedom from going nuclear. Four other reasons come to mind:

1. They probably don't expect it to be too far from Minerva which can recharge it useing the Duetrium (I'm too lazy to look up the spelling) system, infinate run time may not have been deemed necessary.

2. The Mirage Coloid is used in Destiny to create the after-images, but it isn't acctually used AS the Mirage Coloid (it can't go invisible). Maybe Dullindal was trying to push the limit of what the treaty allowed.

3. Again from the Junius 7 treaty, remember that Nuclear Jammer Cancelors were banned which meant they couldn't be built into Mobile Suits. The OS could be left over from the original design, but they never acctually included a nuclear engine. While the start-up does say "Nuclear" I don't recall anywhere acctually saying it did use nuclear.

4. They considered Kira dead, and Athrun, Yzak, and Dearkka were in ZAFT so they probably didn't expect to face any enemies dangerous enough to be a threat to Destiny. If this is the case they may have cut back on going all out in building it. They made it quite clear that nobody (other then Rey) could even stand against it with it wasting all those Destroy's so easily.

It could be any and/or all of those (or none). I'm just naming posibilities.

Berlis
Sun, 08-07-2005, 02:41 AM
It isn't
Gunnery
United
Nuclear
Duetrion
Advanced
Maneuver

It's
Gunnery
United
Nuclear -
Duetrion
Advanced
Maneuver

Why must everybody miss the dash.
If you dont belive me watch 36 again.
It's at 21:45 or around there.

zn|¹
Sun, 08-07-2005, 02:55 AM
1.) - I seriously doubt this; just because Minerva is near by doesn't mean that it will have the leeway to use its recharger (IE while its fighting Archangel - there is no way in hell that they can get within range or stay put long enough to recharge Destiny.)

2.) And this is relevant because....?

3.) If you've been following the story; that treaty has been blown out of the water since a while back. EAF attempted to use nuclear bombs, of course using neutron jammer canceler technology. And the whole "they were too lazy to make a new OS is ludicrous as well, because if that was true the OS would think that it is under unlimited energy leading everything to be out of whack.

4.) This theory just wouldn't work... they didn't consider Kira dead for a long long time in the series.. practically almost a few weeks before the first appearance of DESTINY itself. I think that it is impossible to build such a Gundam in a short time (then again it is the world of SEED.. but still).

It just doesn't make snese that a nuclear engine cannot be a "true" nuclear engine. It's either nuclear or it's not there's no inbetween - because if that were true, that means they took one step down and made Destiny an inferior Gundam on purpose... which is really really stupid.

Maverick-DBZ-
Sun, 08-07-2005, 03:26 AM
Hiro-Fansubs just released episode 42 subbed. Woot! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

http://www.hiro-fansubs.com/

Kirakun
Sun, 08-07-2005, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by: SKRuLLS
plz post the english version here if it is out already... thx!

patience fool

Curium
Sun, 08-07-2005, 03:58 AM
1.) - I seriously doubt this; just because Minerva is near by doesn't mean that it will have the leeway to use its recharger (IE while its fighting Archangel - there is no way in hell that they can get within range or stay put long enough to recharge Destiny.)

2.) And this is relevant because....?

3.) If you've been following the story; that treaty has been blown out of the water since a while back. EAF attempted to use nuclear bombs, of course using neutron jammer canceler technology. And the whole "they were too lazy to make a new OS is ludicrous as well, because if that was true the OS would think that it is under unlimited energy leading everything to be out of whack.

4.) This theory just wouldn't work... they didn't consider Kira dead for a long long time in the series.. practically almost a few weeks before the first appearance of DESTINY itself. I think that it is impossible to build such a Gundam in a short time (then again it is the world of SEED.. but still).

Like I said, they were all just random ideas that I thought of that are possabilities. They could very well all be wrong. I said that when I posted them. Also I am fully aware that my writeing skills are sub-par. My theories are better then I am capable of typing out effectivly.

For your comments on #1 again, like I said, there were no enemies that were percieved as a threat. what Archangel could do against something like Destiny would be very limited without Freedom.

For your comments on #2, it is only relevent if Dullindal is trying to keep within the bounds of the treaty while pushing to it's limits.

For your comments on #3, I acctually mentioned the idea that the EAF had already ripped up the treaty on page 2 of this thread. And the lazy comment was about Fukuda being too lazy to make up a word to put in for the letter "N", not about the ZAFT people. Trust me, that lazy is HIGHLY probable.

And for your comments on #4, I didn't say they built it that quickly. It very well could have been mostly complete and they didn't finish it until after Kira was "killed" by Shinn. Designs can be changed in mid construction. Also they may have "watered down" the nuclear aspect to minimize potential risk of Destiny becoming a randomly moving A-Bomb.

Maverick-DBZ-
Sun, 08-07-2005, 03:59 AM
Got a better link. This one is a direct download. I don't know how long I'll last so don't be pissed if it stops working.

http://www.chaos-black.com/gsd/

oyabun
Sun, 08-07-2005, 03:59 AM
the scene with shin getting owned with the particle cannon was the best!!! it just shows that when kira got serious, he still has the upper hand on shin! lol shin, practice more "gayish talking with rey"! HAHA! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mut
Sun, 08-07-2005, 04:09 AM
Kira vs Shinn is pretty much on the same level of Itachi vs Jiraiya. We'll never know who is the better one (except Itachi is the best).

fox_t
Sun, 08-07-2005, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@chi
Kira vs Shinn is pretty much on the same level of Itachi vs Jiraiya. We'll never know who is the better one (except Itachi is the best).

Itachi is one bad-ass mofo.

edit:
don't know if this helps but Shinn's suit is a Nuclear-Dueterion power system as someone pointed out earlier...

now i don't know how that works...

but wikipedia describes it as Ultracompact hyper-deuterion nuclear reactor with hyper capacitor (that doesn't really clear it up)...

but it does help us distinguish between those suits and Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice which are considered to be pure nuclear fission system (now i do know what nuclear fission is)...

so obviously Shinn running out of power shows that the deuterion system isn't as powerful as a pure fission system...don't know if that'll help...i just thought i'd add that in.

Barumonk
Sun, 08-07-2005, 04:17 AM
While I do think Kira is a much better pilot, I think the second battle will be more even. Shinn had deprived himself of 66% of his melee capabilities before Kira came, and Kira just took what was left away completely. Plus the story won't get very far if Kira keeps winning so easily. ^^;;

oyabun
Sun, 08-07-2005, 04:25 AM
true, it would be interesting to see the second round, but enough of kira and shin! let athrun fight now!! we've been waiting for him for so long.. atleast now he knows what he is fighting for, not always making a hissing sound saying shin's name all time because he can't do anything.. now i hope athrun would kill rey..

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-07-2005, 05:14 AM
So who else was really surprised that KIRA came and RESCUED someone IN THE LAST SECOND while Vestige was playing?

i/expressions/rolleye.gif

I hate when I can predict stuff. It shows that the writers are overpaid. Because I'm stupid, yet I know what's gonna happen. Fuck that.

Other than that great episode. I liked the DOMs (Jetto Stream Attacku!), first time other than G Gundam I've seen someone scream attack names in a Gundam show.
I don't know what to say other than that, it was good stuff, though they BETTER explain why the hell Mwu was captured and brainwashed to begin with. I am quite sure they won't even talk about it though. All in the holy name of selling more model kits of course. And suddenly he remembers his old catchphrase too, wow. Man...

Well can't say I don't like it, but it's still a bit too much of the "okay here's how it is, Mwu is alive, just accept it". Bah.

And now all you Kira fanboys can be happy again as he once again showed that he cannot lose, is invincible, one-dimensional and overall boring to watch.
But I guess that doesn't matter when you are a silent guy with big guns on his gundam eh boys?

Freki
Sun, 08-07-2005, 05:51 AM
The episode was great but I can't help but be dissappointed with certain parts. Cagalli only lasted as long as she did because she sat and watched Shinn kill a bunch of other people in the middle of their fight. Kira v Shinn had some cool stuff happening but ending it on account of Shinn running out of power was lame, especially with how fast it happened, I mean Freedom lasted how many years without ever running out of power but Shinn drains his batteries in an afternoon of fighting. They had a fight between to ace pilots in overpowered suits and put it on hold so 1 can sit on a ship and the other can kill grunts. Also someone needs to be beaten like Yuuna for this whole Neo/Mwu part of the show. At least with a title like Voice of Counterattack we know we are gonna get to see Shinn get a stern talking to next week.

Oh well the DOMs were badass and Yuuna getting punched is always a fun thing to see.

NeoBear
Sun, 08-07-2005, 05:54 AM
man that was some of the best shit i ever seen considering wut we have have left to cover i hope things keep moving at this pace, and man i hate pink haired bitch she shows up says some bullshit and people are like "yes wut was i thinking!!!" shes boring as all hell to watch and listen too, its like watching freedome fight with words

she should die slowly and they should make a music video out of it

Deamon007
Sun, 08-07-2005, 05:55 AM
my gues is that Destiny uses a form of nuklear Fusion which uses Deuterion which gives a Higher energie output than the nuklear engine of Freedom Justise Providense Strike Freedom Infinite Justise and Legend which use conventional Nucklear engines which use the exact oposite of fusing atoms
so if Shin needs more power his engine needs to fuse more Deuterion and he needs a refil

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
And now all you Kira fanboys can be happy again as he once again showed that he cannot lose, is invincible, one-dimensional and overall boring to watch.
But I guess that doesn't matter when you are a silent guy with big guns on his gundam eh boys?

indeed it doesn't

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-07-2005, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by: NeoBear
and man i hate pink haired bitch she shows up says some bullshit and people are like "yes wut was i thinking!!!" shes boring as all hell to watch and listen too, its like watching freedome fight with words

she should die slowly and they should make a music video out of it

That was so beautiful.

Phoebus
Sun, 08-07-2005, 07:38 AM
what lovley chaos.....can't wait for the next episode....

Millenium-Boyz
Sun, 08-07-2005, 07:38 AM
OMFG GOd in Grey hell !!! Shin, Talia, Rey , jona and JIbril have the MILF factor, i just finished watching it and it was a really cool episode indeed, it made me orgasm. but i have one question,
1. the bit when they show you 3 gundams, it was I justice, S freedom, and unknown, what is the unknown gundam?

Chris_Xion
Sun, 08-07-2005, 09:21 AM
It should be Gaia,and i think Mu has regained hie memory,judging by that sentence she told Murrue,Mu and Athrun fans rejoice,they are back on form!

FelixZeroAlastor
Sun, 08-07-2005, 09:22 AM
I was highly dissappointed in Cagalli in this episode. She only lasted because of that reflective armor. She didn't even make an attempt to go seed on Shinn though she had the motivation and time to do so. I was thinking "Hey. Cagalli's got a new gundam. Maybe she will at lest be able to do some damage to Shinn." but no. I am left dissappointed by her yet again in this series. Also, every time Lacus starts to rant on people always find themselves resolved for some strange reason. Athrun has been mentally confused for the entire series and along comes Lacus and suddenly he is resolved. That is gay to me.

Now Kira has definitly gotten better yet again. Shinn's skills have gotten great but Kira is always 2 steps ahead of him. If Kira could use those dragoons then Shinn would be screwed right now. I miss the days when Kira had the strike and used every part of the gundam (Like the fists and feet.).

The next episode looks promising. Can't wait.

Chris_Xion
Sun, 08-07-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by: FelixZeroAlastor
I was highly dissappointed in Cagalli in this episode. She only lasted because of that reflective armor. She didn't even make an attempt to go seed on Shinn though she had the motivation and time to do so. I was thinking "Hey. Cagalli's got a new gundam. Maybe she will at lest be able to do some damage to Shinn." but no. I am left dissappointed by her yet again in this series. Also, every time Lacus starts to rant on people always find themselves resolved for some strange reason. Athrun has been mentally confused for the entire series and along comes Lacus and suddenly he is resolved. That is gay to me.

Now Kira has definitly gotten better yet again. Shinn's skills have gotten great but Kira is always 2 steps ahead of him. If Kira could use those dragoons then Shinn would be screwed right now. I miss the days when Kira had the strike and used every part of the gundam (Like the fists and feet.).

Do not start another GAY DEBATE,Felix.
And Lacus has some charisma that Kira and Athrun and all her supporters feel,and Cagalli is a Natural how can u compare her to Shinn?Kira will always own Shinn becoz his skills are better and his MS is nuclear,Shinn's stupid hybrid nuclear-deutrion Destiny can run out of power

XForce
Sun, 08-07-2005, 10:23 AM
It will be interesting to see how well Athrun fights in IJ... IJ is an awesome unit, and Athrun as we all know, is a pretty kick ass pilot on his own. However he is injured and can barely walk without assistance, so that will hinder his performance. My guess is that he's probably going to do good, just because it is Gundam Seed and they have to make IJ look good to milk more money out of the fans and merchandise.

Miro69
Sun, 08-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by: Chris_Xion

Originally posted by: FelixZeroAlastor

Do not start another GAY DEBATE,Felix.
And Lacus has some charisma that Kira and Athrun and all her supporters feel,and Cagalli is a Natural how can u compare her to Shinn?Kira will always own Shinn becoz his skills are better and his MS is nuclear,Shinn's stupid hybrid nuclear-deutrion Destiny can run out of power

GAY DEBATE? the man's got some valid points. it's one thing if it doesn't coincide with your opinions but to attack it because you feel against it is another.

Strike Freedom
Sun, 08-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@chi

Dude, how can you say Itachi is the best. Itachi himself said he couldn't handle Jiraya. When Itachi is with his sword swinging boy (forget his name and too lazy to look it up), Itachi says that they are not enough to handle Jiraya.

so it would be Kira=Jiraya and Itachi=Shinn

Also, I believe SF might still be able to use his dragoons on Earth. I just think he did not see a need to use them as of now, but when battle both Gundams I think the dragoons might come out...just some food for thought

Chris_Xion
Sun, 08-07-2005, 10:40 AM
I'm juz worried thats all,if it isnt another debate,then fine,my apologies for any offense,Felix

jing
Sun, 08-07-2005, 11:24 AM
The DOM Troopers seemed like they were having a lot of fun...

Sano
Sun, 08-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Wow, this episode kicked ass. Now I'm reminded why I love Gundam.

Guardian_2000
Sun, 08-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Terra I'm surprised your bitching and moaning still. They are actually keeping mwu as Neo still. He still hasn't fully regained his memories but now not being with the ship he is slowly regaining them. Just as Stellar showed was possible. Curium I don't know what more besides him saying he is mwu you need.. Appearance, voice, genetics, phrases, knowledge, what more do you need to not say coincidence? If he said he was Mwu then you could pass it off as coincidence saying he is saying that just to sleep with the captain. You're a pain in the ass. lol. As for predictable. I was expecting Cagalli possibly to go SEED but having her not makes sense since she didn't know that Destiny is Shinn and she wasn't upset enough to really go SEED. Maybe she will again.

To settle the questions the flashback showed the three gundams. If you noticed their V fins and chests from left to right. Gaia, S. Freedom, I. Justice. I'm curious if anyone else also noticed Dearka got a new suit from the ending. He now pilots a black Zaku Blaze Phantom.. Not bad eh? You can be happy about that Terra.

I wish I could explain about the Destiny power situation but that would probably lead to spoilers. It is definately a hybrid system system thou. Where it has a much higher capacity than a battery operated unit.

The Dom Trooper "Jet Stream Attack" kicks ass. They are way more mobile than they look and the image posted in the Trooper thread does them no justice. Just like the Simmons drawing doesn't do the UC ones justice. Freedom has been pwning. And once the AA left to join the fight its easy to believe they'd of let the Eternal know of their situation and Cagalli launching. From there you know that Kira will want to help. Being a newtype did he know Cagalli was in danger. Who knows.

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
Terra I'm surprised your bitching and moaning still.

I'm surprised you don't know how to shut up still.

But seriously, you seem to misunderstand why I "bitch and moan". I'm not questioning Neo being Mwu, I just don't want this to end as "Mwu is mysteriously alive and brainwashed". I want to see HOW he was picked up. By WHO and WHY. Is that so strange to you?

And yes I noticed Dearka's new mobile suit.

Chris_Xion
Sun, 08-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the info,Guardian,i was going to say that after watching phase 42 8 times now,i finally noticed that new suit Dearka got is a Gunner Zaku Phantom,but are those twin packs behind it Blaze missile packs?ZAFT is gonna be puking,

Current MS count:
ZAFTi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifestiny,Legend,Impulse(3)
ORB/Clyne Faction/Three Ships Alliance:S.Freedom,IJustice,Gaia,Akatsuki,Strike(R ouge)(5)
Unsure of:Skygrasper(If Neo/Mu's ride gets the upgrades,G-Flight treatment or something new?),Yzak's custom Gouf,Dearka's Blaze/Gunner ZAKU Phantom(not sure)

As you can see,the good guys have the upper hands now,even eith the DOMs but they're getting better if those 3 "unsure of" units join them.ZAFT is going down!

Freki
Sun, 08-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Appearance, voice, genetics, phrases, knowledge, what more do you need to not say coincidence?

Neo saying something Mwu said does not make him Mwu, there are ways to explain him using the same line that are no more farfetched then saying he survived in space without a helmet or a MS. A clone with partial memories from Mwu, or some stupid newtype mental connection between Neo and Mwu(hopefully before he died but i wouldn't past the writers to make it an ongoing link), could have resulted in the exact situation that the show is in now, short of something saying it is Mwu you can't really jump to that conclusion. No matter what the explanation is gonna be retarded, Mwu can survive in space or the clone is extremely Mwu like.

romancing_xaga
Sun, 08-07-2005, 02:17 PM
This is just another of those tug-of-war episodes, wherein the right side gets the pull this time, but later on loses to the left side. Perhaps Shinn would totally lose it, his dignity that is. I suppose Cagari wasn't as confident as I thought she was, as she rush through the enemy lines. Justice. I'll be expecting good things from Asuran, he better catch up to Shinn.

Curium
Sun, 08-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by: Freki
Kira v Shinn had some cool stuff happening but ending it on account of Shinn running out of power was lame, especially with how fast it happened, I mean Freedom lasted how many years without ever running out of power but Shinn drains his batteries in an afternoon of fighting.

Shinn only ran out of power because of the point blank Rail Gun hits. Physical weapons can't damage PS suits, but it can drain their power. Rail Guns are EXTREMELY powerful, so naturally it would take a lot more power to protect against them.

Curium I don't know what more besides him saying he is mwu you need.. Appearance, voice, genetics, phrases, knowledge, what more do you need to not say coincidence? If he said he was Mwu then you could pass it off as coincidence saying he is saying that just to sleep with the captain.

I can tell you EXACTLY what I need to see for me to be convinced. The ENTIRE scene where he is recovered after Strike's explosion.

You're a pain in the ass. lol.

I never said I wasn't.

Guardian_2000
Sun, 08-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Well from the look on Ramius's face we just may end up with that. The evidence keeps stacking up but its almost certain now it is Mwu. But atleast we're accepting things things that are possibilities. Wait till we see the army of Kira clones that they have fighting for them piloting some new type of MS on EA. I mean if they are gonna clone anybody. Thats who they would clone.

Freki my mind is alil tired what are some ways that he could make exact same phrases that Mwu would of made. Or knowing security codes for a ship he never has been on. The helmet was edited out of the movie so he may of had his helmet. And even if he didn't have a helmet he is capable of being in space for a few seconds before going unconcious. Then there are a few minutes which he has in which someone could revive him. Its not as farfetched as it sounds. And thats if he hadnt had a helmet. I can concede there is still a small percent chance that it is a clone if they really did improve the cloning technology.

lol Terra prolly won't ever happen. I just figured you had gotten the point out why wasting ur time repeating something that we know you won't accept till hardcore stuff is out. And my comment about you bitching and moaning was about the predictability of the show. I'd love to see a posting in the spoiler thread on what you predict will happen.

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-07-2005, 03:53 PM
lol Terra prolly won't ever happen. I just figured you had gotten the point out why wasting ur time repeating something that we know you won't accept till hardcore stuff is out.

Did I say I haven't accepted it? Lo and behold, I did not!
Unlike you however, I feel it would be nice if they actually told us why things happen instead of just downright accepting that they do.

Also, I reserve the right to write whatever I want exactly how many times I feel like it.
The fact that you seem to get annoyed by it is actually sort of a bonus to me. Teehee.

As for predicting the show, I was talking specfically about what Kira has been doing the last few episodes. If you couldn't see Kira coming to save Cagalli's ass, then you are unfortunately a moron. Anyone could predict that.

Curium
Sun, 08-07-2005, 04:05 PM
Well from the look on Ramius's face we just may end up with that. The evidence keeps stacking up but its almost certain now it is Mwu. But atleast we're accepting things things that are possibilities. Wait till we see the army of Kira clones that they have fighting for them piloting some new type of MS on EA. I mean if they are gonna clone anybody. Thats who they would clone.

Well the whole "Ultimate Coordinator" thing was difficult to begin with. There were a lot of failures, and IIRC the people who acctually succeeded in creating Kira were killed by Blue Cosmos.

Also if they are going to show how Mwu "was" saved I would assume it would be in Destiny Astray or something like that, just like Lowe saving Kira from Strike's remains appeared only in Astray.

I've stated this before, but I still believe that if there was any chance Mwu was still alive it would have been the Archangel that recovered him. They were they only ones that were right there when Strike exploded (well the Dominion was, but that didn't last long).

Freki my mind is alil tired what are some ways that he could make exact same phrases that Mwu would of made. Or knowing security codes for a ship he never has been on. The helmet was edited out of the movie so he may of had his helmet. And even if he didn't have a helmet he is capable of being in space for a few seconds before going unconcious. Then there are a few minutes which he has in which someone could revive him. Its not as farfetched as it sounds. And thats if he hadnt had a helmet. I can concede there is still a small percent chance that it is a clone if they really did improve the cloning technology.

Mwu was a famous EAF Ace pilot, so that quote may be available on the CE version of the Internet. He may have said it to try and make Ramius feel better (it was quite obvious how she was feeling). It wouldn't be the first time a guy messed up trying to guess what would make a women feel better.

Terracosmo
Sun, 08-07-2005, 04:08 PM
I just hope that whenever the truth about the retrieval of Mwu's body comes out (if it ever does) it will be reasonable.
I can't for the life of me find a reason to why somebody would pick up a half-dead body in outer space, close to the end of a war that is about to decide the future for everyone no less.

k_truong
Sun, 08-07-2005, 05:03 PM
kira dissappointed me once again... shoulda just used his chest cannon along with his rail guns to finish shin off..

kyubisrage
Sun, 08-07-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by: k_truong
kira dissappointed me once again... shoulda just used his chest cannon along with his rail guns to finish shin off..

Um you wanted him to use his chest cannon point blank? Thats like suicide..

NeoBear
Sun, 08-07-2005, 05:47 PM
naw wut would have been cool is if when he backed up off him he fliped him the finger or some shit as if to say " yup and i killed yo woman too suck it "

Sechs
Sun, 08-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Personally, I felt Kira did the right thing. He showed Shin that he could've ended him right then and there but chose not to. Kira doesnt fight for revenge, but for what he believes in, and part of that belief is the sanctity of life. Besides, I think if anyone needs to hand Shin a true beat down, to get it through his gundanium thick skull that he's being used, it should be Athrun.

Athrun: "I taught you, I defended you, and I even trusted you and you tried to kill me. And to make it worse, you did it while I had an innocent on board. Your a tool and your either going to wake up right now and smell what Dullindal's shoveling, or I'll end you."

Or something like that.
As much as I'm looking forward to the fight between the four of them next episode. I personally, am more interested in the fallout of the world learning that there are two Lacus. I mean who will they believe, how will they decide which is the real one. And how will Meer handle the original stepping forward to reclaim her rightful place.

Meer: "No, the love and adoration of the people are mine! you can't have them!!"

Lacus: "Witch please, you couldn't even hold on to Athrun."

Well, maybe something like that. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Curium
Sun, 08-07-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by: Sechs
As much as I'm looking forward to the fight between the four of them next episode. I personally, am more interested in the fallout of the world learning that there are two Lacus. I mean who will they believe, how will they decide which is the real one. And how will Meer handle the original stepping forward to reclaim her rightful place.

Well they just have to compare what they look like to her pictures from the last war and before. There are some noticable differances. They even had some of the Minerva mechanics mention them. Despite that confusion will rule.

NeoBear
Sun, 08-07-2005, 06:08 PM
i know ill catch some kind of hate for this but i hate both of them pink haired bitches they only way for redemtion would be to have them fight it out to the death

in some mud

neked

kyubisrage
Sun, 08-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Strike freedom owned this episode i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. I wana see IJ beat the shit out of legend i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

DDBen
Sun, 08-07-2005, 08:47 PM
I could be nuts but the part before the opening seemed to have things like Neo being given a skygrasper added in randomly among scenes that we already saw. If all of the scenes were shown previously ignore this it just seemed odd to me.

That being said Kira saving Calgari was a absolute given. While Lacus piloting Infinate justice to Earth was kind of random as I just don't see her all 3 doms and Kira randomly leaving Eternal which is now likely to be hunted in space with nothing but Gaia and possibly Strike rogue(if they have the extra parts and a acceptable pilot) to defend it when before Kira they said it could barely hold off a single nazca class ship.

The Doms to me had a great intro they neither seemed to powerful or to week as they are obviously elite soldiers. It was nice to see them making such a differnce in the battle lines but not have to watch Talia complaining about them or any other random ship captain for that matter.

As for Destiny running out of power and getting a refit mid battle. This basically gives us a lot of questions that we have never had to deal with before in a battle. For instance once you go seed is there a sort of reset before you can go seed again as Shin was obviously not in seed mode while talking to Rey and Lunimaria.. (please note kira remained in seed mode and continued to work on the Zaft mobile suits in the area. As far as Destiny running out of power that is just odd all around we have never seen a powerguage in a Nuclear mobile suit before. Its quite possible this was just the result of taking a direct hit from the railguns at very close range and that sucked some of the reserves needing the suit to have a chance to replenish them in order to continue to fight at full power.

All of that said it was a exceptable episode more Neo is Mwu stuff which is just making it harder and harder to deney without any solid proof. I expect the next episode to be a solid battle with Impulse being frozen if it launches by Merin talking to Lunimaria and letting her know what really happed.

Freki
Sun, 08-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Freki my mind is alil tired what are some ways that he could make exact same phrases that Mwu would of made.

I didn't say there would be reasonable reasons, just that reasons no more unreasonable then Neo being Mwu. I never saw the movie so I didn't know they edited out the helmet, but the fact that it is still floating in space in the series remains. I don't think you can say he still had a helmet just because they didn't show the helmet in the movie. And like I said before if the writers wanted they could add in some crap about cellular memory or some other stupid thing to make a clone of Mwu very similar to the real thing, or Neo could have been cloned long before Mwu died and they could have shared some mental connection being newtypes. None of these theories are any good but I don't see them being any worse then Mwu was floating through space and some unknown ship decided that they would go searching around a warzone for dead bodies that weren't quite dead yet while remaining unnoticed by any other person on the battlefield. I am not dismissing the chance that Neo=Mwu either but I need something more then using the same line and Neo, an EAF soldier, knowing the code for the bridge on an EAF ship.

xat
Sun, 08-07-2005, 09:11 PM
A farfetched possibility... perhaps Mwu's body was picked up during the heat/confusion of battle by the EAF; considering his history/value, as well as the developments taking place throughout that time, suppose the EAF managed to capture... most of him, a little after he was 'blown away'. Perhaps he was put through intense recovery and something similar to what the Extended are put through--hence his memory loss, or maybe memory 'hiding'? We know that the Extended are conditioned such that their memory is heavily compromised--I don't think they're, as someone in EAF (one of the earlier episodes) put it, 'brainwashed' (see: Stellar). Assume Mwu underwent similar treatment... if such were the case--Mwu being under a project/division relevent to the Extended operation--it would explain how Neo came to command 3 Extended and how he tends to say things reminiscent of Mwu's past.

Apart from that (going on the Mwu=Neo scenario), memory loss could occur due to lack of oxygen. Else, I've no clue.

Can't wait for the next episode, hehe.

Mae
Sun, 08-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Not too bad an ep. Plenty of things blowing up. People can talk about plot until we're all blue in the face, but we all know everyone watches GSD for the pretty explosions :P

I like Kira and Shinn's fight, the move where Kira disarmed Shinn by cathcing the saber in his suit's hands was nice. I don't think there was any real danger of Shinn running out of energy. Rey just wanted to call him back to get him to cool down some, and maybe give him another saber, since it looks like that is the only thing that can really damage Freedom.

It was too bad Cagalli couldn't do more, but I guess she's a politician, not a pilot.

The new trio beats the others so far in my book. For bonus points can anyone tell me the name of the dom pilot with the glasses?

Wizard054
Sun, 08-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Yeah, Cagalli's strong point is her political prowess not for her abilities as a MS pilot.
DOM Pilots are Hilda Harken, Mars Simeon, and Herbert Von Reinhardt.

Sano
Sun, 08-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by: xat
Apart from that (going on the Mwu=Neo scenario), memory loss could occur due to lack of oxygen. Else, I've no clue.

Can't wait for the next episode, hehe.

Actually, the earlier episodes said that his memory was altered by the EAF.

Curium
Sun, 08-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by: Sano
Actually, the earlier episodes said that his memory was altered by the EAF.

Trust me, they never said ANY such thing. I have been the most ardent opponent of believeing the whole Neo=Mwu arguement. If that had acctually been said someone would have pointed it out by now. Also I specifically watch for the stuff also, and when I'm wrong I admit it. I still say that all the "evidence" is nothing but hearsay and conjecture. There are a TON of clues that say that Neo is Mwu, but when a criminal does a good job of framing somebody there are a TON of clues that point to the innocent man.

Thanks for the info,Guardian,i was going to say that after watching phase 42 8 times now,i finally noticed that new suit Dearka got is a Gunner Zaku Phantom,but are those twin packs behind it Blaze missile packs?

That is a Blaze ZAKU Phantom. There are no Gunner ZAKU Phantoms. Don't ask me why, I have absolutely no clue. Of course I'm just basing that off of MAHQ which has seperate listings for Blaze ZAKU Warrior/Phantom, Slash ZAKU Warrior/Phantom, and Gunner ZAKU Warrior (the Warrior/Phantom are 2 seperate listings but I didn't want to type it out, which probably would have been shorter then this note though).

Deblas
Sun, 08-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Its true of what they say. The last one is always the best one. In this case. The last episodes are always the best one.

I have been waiting since for ages for a evenly matched, seed mode between the two fighters, and full concentration fight against Kira and Shinn. And what makes it even better is that next eps. It will be a two on two fight. Loved the part where Kira holds Destiny's bigass saber with his hands and shoots his two cannons to disarm him. Obviously, he had a straight shot to annihilate Destiny but of course cause of his non killing code he just disarmed him. Of course Shinn didn't go unnoticed saying "If that was the beam...do you want to say that....it would have been over already!!!!" and BAM Shinn seed mode!!! freagin awesome!!. And the SF song that plays everytime he comes out now is also a big plus.

Rey looked really pissed that both the AA and the pilot of Freedom, with a new stronger unit to boot were still alive.

Cagallis back to her normal self finally!!

Athrun is out with IJ

Neo comes back saying Mwu saying. I wonder??

And its all gonna get even better.

Marcis
Sun, 08-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by: Mae
Not too bad an ep. Plenty of things blowing up. People can talk about plot until we're all blue in the face, but we all know everyone watches GSD for the pretty explosions i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I like Kira and Shinn's fight, the move where Kira disarmed Shinn by cathcing the saber in his suit's hands was nice. I don't think there was any real danger of Shinn running out of energy. Rey just wanted to call him back to get him to cool down some, and maybe give him another saber, since it looks like that is the only thing that can really damage Freedom.

It was too bad Cagalli couldn't do more, but I guess she's a politician, not a pilot.

The new trio beats the others so far in my book. For bonus points can anyone tell me the name of the dom pilot with the glasses?

You forgot the Kira destroyed both of his beam boomerangs which Shinn threw at Cagalli...
And in sub you can hear Ray telling Shinn that he needs to be resupplied.

Curium
Sun, 08-07-2005, 11:43 PM

Acctually I thought it was interesting that Shinn acctually commented on that. He figured out that Akatsuki was the "Leader unit" but was curious why it was being piloted by an ametuer.

Gangrel
Mon, 08-08-2005, 01:02 AM
Good episode, some good action. Considering most of what happened predictable.

Well, now you see that having a new shiny Gundam don't make you win fights. Cagalli loosing just showed that piloting skills count A LOT, and since she just cryed on her gundam on every other episode she missed some practice.

As far the Kira x Shinn fight, I don't see much ownage as Kira fans do. Actually when they both on seed mode even Shinn without his big sword and 2 boomerangs he did give Kira a surprise face. I guess it's just me that don't drool when Kira shows up.

It's just me that felt like watching some kid show like Power Rangers when those DOM actually were saying their attacks when they attacked?

Ashruan after 42 episodes found out what he wanna do with some lame cheap speech of the pink bitch princess. Ya, that was really a superb way to found his meaning of life... Seriously and how he gonna fight like that? For gods sake give the boy a wheel chair!

SOLDIER [X]
Mon, 08-08-2005, 01:05 AM
my guess as to how the EAF picked up Mwu agains was, if you remember kira was disabling MS's left and right so you get floating heaps of MS's why not look for survivors? Plausible of course.

Marcis
Mon, 08-08-2005, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by: Curium

Acctually I thought it was interesting that Shinn acctually commented on that. He figured out that Akatsuki was the "Leader unit" but was curious why it was being piloted by an ametuer.

He yells out "you have no skill" at her. I think this phrase summarizes Cagalli's piloting skills beautifully i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

zn|¹
Mon, 08-08-2005, 02:34 AM
Hmm did anyone notice that when Kira cuts GOUFS now.. they don't even explode? Is that some sort of retardedly masterful beam saber work or something?

Madell
Mon, 08-08-2005, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by: Gangrel

Well, now you see that having a new shiny Gundam don't make you win fights. Cagalli loosing just showed that piloting skills count A LOT, and since she just cryed on her gundam on every other episode she missed some practice.

As far the Kira x Shinn fight, I don't see much ownage as Kira fans do. Actually when they both on seed mode even Shinn without his big sword and 2 boomerangs he did give Kira a surprise face. I guess it's just me that don't drool when Kira shows up.

It's just me that felt like watching some kid show like Power Rangers when those DOM actually were saying their attacks when they attacked?

Ashruan after 42 episodes found out what he wanna do with some lame cheap speech of the pink bitch princess. Ya, that was really a superb way to found his meaning of life... Seriously and how he gonna fight like that? For gods sake give the boy a wheel chair!
The Akatsuki is 2 years old and was made during the first battle on Orb, so the MS isn't that good naymore compared to the new Gundams

Deamon007
Mon, 08-08-2005, 04:26 AM
Hmm did anyone notice that when Kira cuts GOUFS now.. they don't even explode? Is that some sort of retardedly masterful beam saber work or something?

Kira only disables the suitd he doesn't hit the critical areas so the pilots can surive

Originally posted by: SOLDIER [X]
my guess as to how the EAF picked up Mwu agains was, if you remember kira was disabling MS's left and right so you get floating heaps of MS's why not look for survivors? Plausible of course.

corect me if I'm wrong but at the end of seed Kira didn't have a no killing polecy and killed his oponents

Curium
Mon, 08-08-2005, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by: Madell
The Akatsuki is 2 years old and was made during the first battle on Orb, so the MS isn't that good naymore compared to the new Gundams

I'm just nitpicking, but I would assume it was built before the first battle on Orb, not during.

Where have you been, its been like that since Freedom reappeared in Destiny. The best example of that skill would probably be when he took out Saviour.

Originally posted by: Deamon007
corect me if I'm wrong but at the end of seed Kira didn't have a no killing polecy and killed his oponents

He picked up the no killing policy around the time he picked up Freedom. You can see in the battle in Alaska when he shows up that he is aiming for non-vital targets. However, in that final battle he may have gone against that. He has never acctually SAID he will not kill any more, but he prefers to avoid it when possible. The final battle of SEED was just too large for him to really have that option too much, even so he kept it too a minimum. Also he may have been angry about the use of nukes again. He was definatly angry at Providence (Rau) though since he killed Flay.

It has been several months since I last saw it, but IIRC Kira killed Rau, and destroyed one EAF ship most likly killing all aboard. I think the rest of his shots just disabled.

DDBen
Mon, 08-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by: Gangrel

Well lets see first off the reason why a Shiney new Gundam usually makes the pilot win is due to the fact most pilots only get there new Gundam after there abilities excede those of the capabilities of there current gundam. IE Athrun, Kira and Shinn. Calgari on the other hand got her new toy only because Kira ran off with her old one to go save Lacus.

As for the Fight with Kira Vs Shinn... Lets see Kira had Shinn in a position where had he wanted to he could have easily killed him where as Shinn did basically nothing to Kira I don't believe he landed a single hit and the most surprizing thing he did was leave the battlefield in the middle of the fight.

The Dom troopers work as a group of 3 this means that announcing there moves over the Radio is the best way for them to quardinate there attacks I definatly did not get any kiddy feel from this at all.

As for your complaining about the whole Lacus has a talk with Athrun and he finds his resolve. The whole point of the last clip show was to show what Athrun had been spending his time thinking about while stuck in bed. The fact his talk with Lacus made him finally make a choice was neither sudden or unreasonable as she was his fiance and has always been one of the true friends he has been able to confide in and reley on for help.

drunkenmaster
Mon, 08-08-2005, 10:17 AM
i agree with everything there except for 1 thing. kira could have only killed shin because shin wasnt in berzerker. kira turned berzerker first then after shin did and thats when the battle got intense. i would say they are about equal skilled. the only hit kira got was when he was in berzerker and shin wasnt. also, shin didnt use his palm cannon (sorta unexpected imo). since the palm cannon is unexpected by kira he porbably coulda gotten a sneaky hit. kira knows how to dodge swords and laser blasts but i dont think he would expect getting touched by a hand. infact, when he fought against duel gundam yzak and kira locked hands, yzak then used his shoulder cannon, kira matrix dodged, then sliced yzak's legs off. if shin and kira locked hands which would probably happened if shin tried to punch him, freedom would be handless lmao.

Strike Freedom
Mon, 08-08-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by: DDBen

As for your complaining about the whole Lacus has a talk with Athrun and he finds his resolve. The whole point of the last clip show was to show what Athrun had been spending his time thinking about while stuck in bed. The fact his talk with Lacus made him finally make a choice was neither sudden or unreasonable as she was his finance and has always been one of the true friends he has been able to confide in and reley on for help.

you mean fiance, lol, finance would be a little weird if he viewed her in a monetary form. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

drunkenmaster
Mon, 08-08-2005, 10:20 AM
LOL. actually, that wouldnt be hard to imagine.

NeoBear
Mon, 08-08-2005, 10:42 AM
er i could be wrong about this but back when mew died his helm cracked you can not surive in space without a helm, its not a matter of holding yur breath its more of a matter of it being cold as shit i mean real cold, not to mention im pretty sure that yur organs would like expload out yo body, but this is anime so im not sure.

now if its relly mew only one thing wil be worse if he dies AGAIN im serious bring him back then kill him again and ill throw up

Chris_Xion
Mon, 08-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Neobear,the helmet was removed in the SEED specials,ok?

Deamon007
Mon, 08-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by: drunkenmaster
i agree with everything there except for 1 thing. kira could have only killed shin because shin wasnt in berzerker. kira turned berzerker first then after shin did and thats when the battle got intense. i would say they are about equal skilled. the only hit kira got was when he was in berzerker and shin wasnt. also, shin didnt use his palm cannon (sorta unexpected imo). since the palm cannon is unexpected by kira he porbably coulda gotten a sneaky hit. kira knows how to dodge swords and laser blasts but i dont think he would expect getting touched by a hand. infact, when he fought against duel gundam yzak and kira locked hands, yzak then used his shoulder cannon, kira matrix dodged, then sliced yzak's legs off. if shin and kira locked hands which would probably happened if shin tried to punch him, freedom would be handless lmao.

Kira probebly ( like most of the world sins it was brodcasted over the entire world ) know about Destiny's hand canons and if he didnt see it there Athrun will mostlikely have told him

Marcis
Mon, 08-08-2005, 11:18 AM
I have one theory on Mwu's "recovery" though i don't have any facts to back it up.
He was wearing that helmet all the time while in EA. When Kira disabled his Windam, helmet broke.
It might be some kind of "brain conditioning" device. Once helmet is is no more he might revert back to old Mwu.
Just my five cents...

NeoBear
Mon, 08-08-2005, 11:20 AM

WHAT?

are you saying that they made some edited crap and removed the the part wear his helm cracked, lol that would explan alot. of course that would also be extra super gay mode as well =/

Marcis
Mon, 08-08-2005, 11:26 AM

WHAT?

are you saying that they made some edited crap and removed the the part wear his helm cracked, lol that would explan alot. of course that would also be extra super gay mode as well =/
All 3 SEED movies are edited crap. Or more precisely said - edited to crapiness.
They cut out way too much material from there. In first movie you can barely distinguish EA from ZAFT.
In 2nd movie during that big fight between Strike, Buster, Blitz, Duel and Aegis which happened arround episode 33 i think, Strike just chages his packs ... in one shot you see Aile Strike, next shot it is Sword Strike and so on. Just like that. No Sky Graspers delivering them, nothing. One pack in one shot, other in next shot.
People who will watch these movies instead of series will go "WTF??!!". I guess Fukuda wanted to go for original Gundam movie Trilogy but he is far from it. There are few minutes added animation in the beginning of movie 1 and some bits here and there but movies still are ... inadequate to series. Can't be watched instead of series.

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-08-2005, 12:02 PM
While the specials might suck badly, they do have an extended Kira/Flay sex scene as well as Cagalli shower fanservice.

Freki
Mon, 08-08-2005, 12:11 PM

So what? If they had not showed Rau dying at the end would you argue he is still alive? Just because the movies failed to show something from the series does not mean that the event never happens it just means the movies didn;t show it.

NeoBear
Mon, 08-08-2005, 12:29 PM
um terra extra sex and cagalli in the shower.... are you being serious cause i have nothing qued in bt at the moment but i can fix that?

Marcis
Mon, 08-08-2005, 12:36 PM
While the specials might suck badly, they do have an extended Kira/Flay sex scene as well as Cagalli shower fanservice.

That adds alot to character depth, doesn't it? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

darkshadow
Mon, 08-08-2005, 12:46 PM
this ep was pretty badass, but how dare rey talk to luna like thati/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

NeoBear
Mon, 08-08-2005, 01:16 PM
man no kidding i hate that they put baby girl on the back burner luna is the sesky

id like it if in the next series if one of the man toons was a chick and not some off to the side chick or some political chic either im talking a cold blooded bad ass kinda like maho is in FMP

just because a chick is in a anime dont mean she has to love some one or crap like that...but that dont mean that she should not be in a tight ass skirt in heels with some doubbel Ds =)

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-08-2005, 01:31 PM
um terra extra sex and cagalli in the shower.... are you being serious cause i have nothing qued in bt at the moment but i can fix that?

When it comes to fanservice, Terra is always serious.
Happy downloading i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

NeoBear
Mon, 08-08-2005, 01:41 PM
hmm are the seed movies called something specific like Gundome seed cagalli shower special or something?

im looking for them al i seem to see around are the regular old tv episodes and i have those... say wut you want about cagalli but if you wet her up...oh man ...................

Curium
Mon, 08-08-2005, 01:54 PM
hmm are the seed movies called something specific like Gundome seed cagalli shower special or something?

im looking for them al i seem to see around are the regular old tv episodes and i have those... say wut you want about cagalli but if you wet her up...oh man ...................

Gundam SEED Special edition torrent (http://www.boxtorrents.com/details.php?id=127567)

NeoBear
Mon, 08-08-2005, 02:00 PM
dang that was fast thanks bro =)

wow without even noticing how big they are i started the dl, each episode is over a gig but its all worth it to see wet cagalli

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-08-2005, 02:32 PM
well each episode is about an hour so i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Mon, 08-08-2005, 03:58 PM
SEED-FANSUBS Phase 42 is Ready.

Grab it here:

SEED-Fansubs' WebPage (http://seed.eatshoe.com/]http://seed.eatshoe.com/)

Millenium-Boyz
Mon, 08-08-2005, 04:24 PM
what is this gundam seed special edition about ?

aznimperialx
Mon, 08-08-2005, 04:30 PM
same as series just a whole lot of editing and adding scenes

NeoBear
Mon, 08-08-2005, 04:31 PM
i guess its all of the original seed shrank into 3 60 min eps but yur missing the point man nobady cares wut there about, extended sex and most of all wet....neked....Cagalli.....

btw azn i posted a response to yur sp question in the anime request link bubba go get it =p

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-08-2005, 05:22 PM
I just remembered that I actually posted a Seed Special Edition topic with info and screenshots i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Read through it, and you won't need to download it.

Lala (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=48&threadid=15385&highlight_ key=y&keyword1=special%20edition)

And yes, there's a screenshot of Cagalli in the shower.

NeoBear
Mon, 08-08-2005, 05:39 PM
OMG SHES RACKED I WILL DL THAT SHIT NOMATTER WUT!!!!

telemari
Mon, 08-08-2005, 06:03 PM
... did you ever thought about working in politics, Terra?

Deblas
Mon, 08-08-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by: telemari

Somehow I imagine a dictatorship where everyone has to wear makeup and worship Yzak daily for 3 hours straight.

Curium
Mon, 08-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas

Somehow I imagine a dictatorship where everyone has to wear makeup and worship Yzak daily for 3 hours straight.

Only 3?

MrTicTac
Mon, 08-08-2005, 08:18 PM
I felt the strong urge to break stuff after watching this episode,,, pumped me up with so much adrenaline @__@

these freedom/kira grand entrance are really cheesy but oh hell i love it,, and loved seeing meyrin confused as hell seeing lacus., and shiiiit justice comin out,, and hmmm is that just old justice or infinite justice ? (some screenshot showed 3 gundams lined up, right when flashback has kira saying "when he wants do something and he cant" somethin like that)

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Mon, 08-08-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by: Millenium-Boyz
what is this gundam seed special edition about ?

There is a thread about it, look for it. But if u dont want:

It is like a big RECAP of all GS, plus some new scenes and there are some that were modified (example when Cagalli meets Kira).

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Mon, 08-08-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif, pretty good, but i dont think he is like that.

EDIT: Fuk, i double posted, my apologies.

alukard
Mon, 08-08-2005, 09:42 PM
There's no doubt only Mu knows the line. "But im the one who can make the impossible...possible."

Kira and Shinn both activated seed mode. In that way there is no question that there's no difference when they're all in seed mode. Athrun owned Kira when they're both in seed mode. Coordinators > Naturals because they have seed mode and even when they arent they've already acquired all their knowledge of battle tactics that they learned while in they're berserked and lived to fight again. Berserk= Berserk. The difference is who has better mobile suit and who is overall better pilot while in seed mode. There is no such thing as one seed mode being better than the other. The only difference is Kira > Shinn because while Shinn tried to kill Kira with everything he got, but Kira wont kill anyone unless he has no choice and didnt fight with all his strength. Shinn is a ruthless killer and if the situation was reversed, unlike Kira who let Shinn ran from this battle, he would have killed Kira like before while he was retreating. If the tables were turned Shinn would have killed Kira while he was running and defenseless. However, Kira > Shinn berserked. They both activated Seed mode. Shinn couldnt lay a finger on Kira even with a faster and deadlier battle suit. There's no such thing as a hybrid Mirage Colloid. You either see the thing or you dont and you could clearly see Destiny and its moving at a faster speed than any gundam, hence the afterimage when its moving. There's no comparision and if Kira commanded Destiny he would be unstoppable for as long as Destiny could stay powered up.

Kira almost couldnt keep track of Destiny's movement even in seed mode when such a berserker would have an enhanced sense of spatial awareness. Destiny > Strike Freedom. Strike was built for gunning down mobile suits but otherwise speed is one of the thing MS are made for and is one of the most important quality besides having a competant pilot who can use it in the first place. If we're comparing medievil roles Kira is the ranger and Shinn is the knight. Shinn's mobile suit is made for galloping in heavy armor and shield in hand into battle and while Kira's was made to gun down enemies with eagle eye accuracy afar but is not to be underestimated when having to go face to face and get close enough to know what the guy next to him just ate the other day.

I was surprised Kira could even catch Shinn's giant sabers with just daggers. He activated berserker almost simultaneously as he fully intended to catch Shinn's saber and disarmed him as he doesnt intend to kill Shinn which is why Shinn said "You mean that if it was a beam it would have been all over?" Shinn on the otherhand would give no such mercy. He couldnt do that without berserker mode because of his MS's disadvantages in the speed department. Otherwise you could clearly see that Destiny could just run in circle around SF and pick any enemy off and get away scot-free, no relation or offense to Scottish folks. They both activated their seed mode one right after the other but Kira owned Shinn even when Shinn has his giant two hand saber out while Kira already put away his two small swords for his guns and needed only daggers or rather apple paring knives to defend himself and took down a crazed and berserked Shinn without even sweating while Shinn completely drained his MS.

As for having unlimited fire power, it doesnt matter. Battles are won in an instance and Shinn had a better MS but he couldnt do anything to Freedom and had to drain his MS of even primary and secondary power and still couldnt own Kira when they're both in seed mode and Shinn has every intent of murdering Kira on the battlefield while Kira does not. Having nuclear power isnt everything. It doesnt make your suit better. It doesnt make it faster. It doesnt improve your pilot skill. It does however enable you to use your guns alot and move around the battle field for a long time. Even if Shinn has nuclear powered suits he would still take forever just to annoy Kira. On a good day when Kira is serious he's unsurpassed. I dont see why you Shinn fans like him and say Shinn was already into 66% of the battle or Kira went into seed mode first or Kira had better mobile suits. Maybe Nuclear power makes some difference but its not the be all end all quality that makes a mobile suit and it doesnt make it indestructable. Freedom can still be taken out in one stab or shot and if your shields are gone and you got no weapon then tough luck. As for the 66%, i hate numbers. However when Kira stepped if you look at the time frame it was like a few seconds after Cagalli started shooting and Shinn easily took her arms out. However Shinn was spending a good hr or so trying to kill Kira all over again, slashing at him, exchanging shots while Kira aimed Shinn's shot perfectly and nullified Shinn's shot effortlessly. Shinn's gunning skills could still need help even after Athrun teached him how to hold a gun properly and after years of military training while Kira starting holding gun and was never formally trained when he met Captain Ramius but was awarded Strike gundam instead of Mu. Kira is a natural warrior; Shinn needs to spend his whole life in the military just to do what Kira can do all while Kira just came out in the fresh from underneath a rock. This is what i like about him as he's not a ruthless killer nor one who is indecisive. I wish Athrun would make up his mind what he wants to do. It shouldnt require your former fiance to help tell you what to do with your life after your dad already done told you so and died for what he believed.

As for Kira haters seeing he has new-type ability, it's not an ability so much as a premonition. It doesnt make you unstoppable like you think it would. It does so something but so far the writers have shown that all it can do is tell you that the main characters notice each other's presence. Mu has it whenever he felt raww's presence. Its like, hey i dont know that guy but i think he's up to no good. Kira's new-type was activated almost simultaneously as he shot down the goufs that were chaining him down to disable his MS body parts. It didnt enhanced his shooting skills, accuracy, or anything. He just knew they're not friendly coordinators and his shooting skill is already unsurpassed. He knew this even beforehand when he stepped into the battle against Dullindal's goons that were attacking Lacus and that he had to take them out before they take him out. Maybe it is an advantage in that you wont shoot friendly MS but in this day and age technology is advanced and new-type is an obsolete ability. You can store a thousand databases of enemies and friendlies in those MS's and keep track of when they're coming a mile away. Seriously, new-type is just a way for the director to show something flashy on the monitor so that the audience doesnt get bored of all the senseless violence thats going on. I dont know if its different in Japan but here in America GS universe would be rated PG-13 for animated violence and nudity.

MrTicTac
Mon, 08-08-2005, 09:50 PM
^ wow.. (not in a good way..)

alukard
Mon, 08-08-2005, 10:01 PM

___

The good thing about these forums is that if your opinions are unpopular you CAN say whatever you want and people cant find you and jump you. You can be obnoxious, racist, sexist, whatever proudly and talk about blacks, whites, and even Scottishs and be a masochist and the worst thing that can happen is being banned.

dead
Mon, 08-08-2005, 10:41 PM
^ WOW i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif ........ lol no j/k, but come on dude, you dont have to write 1000000000 words just to say that Kira owned shinn (and worst of all dont repeat the same arguments over and over and over again i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif) ...... but the episode was awesome, i didnt really expect cagalli to do anything at all, shes not a really good pilot compared with shinn (or kira and athrun for that matter) but at least she tried, and kira comin down from the sky with lacus was awesome, the background song really makes better ...... and to the guy who said that it was bs to stop a sword with your hands ROFLMAO hehe i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif i'll just leave it at that i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Curium
Mon, 08-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by: alukard
Athrun owned Kira when they're both in seed mode.

This never happened. There has only been 1 fight between Athrun and Kira when Athrun went SEED, that was the final fight between Strike and Aegis. The fight was a draw, neither owned the other.

Coordinators > Naturals because they have seed mode

Naturals can have SEED mode as well. Cagalli is proof of that.

There's no such thing as a hybrid Mirage Colloid. You either see the thing or you dont and you could clearly see Destiny and its moving at a faster speed than any gundam, hence the afterimage when its moving.

"and "Hikari no Tsubasa" ("Wings of Light") beam wings that are used as a propulsion system, enabling the Destiny to move at very high speeds. In conjunction with a form of Mirage Colloid technology, this system causes the Destiny to leave a trail of visible after-images that can confuse enemy sensors. "

^Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZGMF-X42S_Destiny_Gundam

Of course Kira in SEED mode is probably better then any sensors.

Having nuclear power isnt everything. It doesnt make your suit better. It doesnt make it faster.

It can make it go faster because it allows more power to be used for thruster output without fear of running out of power.

but in this day and age technology is advanced and new-type is an obsolete ability.

This shows a complete lack of understanding what a new-type is. The best way I can think of to sum it up breifly is that a new-type can pretty much exist sybiotically with machines. They can instinctivly know what they do and control them beyond any normal person's ability regardless of experience. Also it allows limited amounts of being able to see the future so you can aim where the enemy will be when the shot gets there, not where they are when you shoot.

A note from the above Destiny submission on Wiki,

"Shinn was eventually ordered to retreat due to having lost several weapons and his hyper capacitor running low on energy."

"The Destiny is powered by a "hyper-deuterion" reactor, which is a nuclear reactor that incorporates a derivative of deuterion beam technology for currently unknown purposes, and includes a hyper capacitor system that is likely used to temporarily increase the system's power output."

After reading this, it may be that Destiny has a true nuclear reactor, but the Deuterion system allows it to funnel the power more efficiently resulting in increased power output for speed and fire-power. Destiny probably could have continued fighting, but it would have been at greatly reduced capacity (Zero chance against SF at anything less then full power).

EDIT: More from Wiki

Hyper-Deuterion Nuclear Reactor
The hyper-deuterion nuclear reactor is a hybrid system created by ZAFT which combines a nuclear fission reactor with a deuterion beam system. The mechanics of this system are unknown, but hyper-deuterion reactors are more powerful and efficient than conventional fission reactors, but require a hyper capacitor battery and recharging, which effectively makes it having a shorter operation time. The hyper-deuterion reactor is currently used by the ZGMF-X42S Destiny and ZGMF-X666S Legend The "G.U.N.D.A.M" acronym for mobile suits with a hyper-deuterion nuclear reactor is Gunnery United Nuclear-Deuterion Advanced Maneuver.

drag0nf1am3
Mon, 08-08-2005, 11:07 PM
@alukard:

Wow that alot of junk i jus read....remeber that cagalli went seed in the last few episode of SEED, so SEED mode is not limited to coordinaters, and if u think that cagalli is a coordinator...early in seed they mention that kira was her coordinator brother suggesting that she is still a natural.

Curium
Mon, 08-08-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by: drag0nf1am3
@alukard:

Wow that alot of junk i jus read....remeber that cagalli went seed in the last few episode of SEED, so SEED mode is not limited to coordinaters, and if u think that cagalli is a coordinator...early in seed they mention that kira was her coordinator brother suggesting that she is still a natural.

Slight typo, I think you mean early in SEED Destiny he was referred to as her Coordinator Brother by Yuna, not early in SEED.

alukard
Tue, 08-09-2005, 12:09 AM
This shows a complete lack of understanding what a new-type is. The best way I can think of to sum it up breifly is that a new-type can pretty much exist sybiotically with machines. They can instinctivly know what they do and control them beyond any normal person's ability regardless of experience. Also it allows limited amounts of being able to see the future so you can aim where the enemy will be when the shot gets there, not where they are when you shoot.

----

This shows a complete lack of respect and a complete understanding of only one's own opinion. Sorry but your opinion does not make it a fact. New-type is a precognition not a some kind of god like ability. There's already an ability like that. Its called berzerker mode/seed. Look it up sometimes. Watch the original Gundam seed.

If that were true then Mu would have been able to kill alot of people when he has it. He and Raww both had it and they were never able to do anything besides recognizing each other and werent able to pilot their suits as much nor owned alot of MS, and Raww was > than Mu even though they both have it. Kira owned Raww and when they fought neither of them used new-type ability nor needed it. Raww put up a good fight and in fact was owning Kira up until the last second when he was overpowered and outgunned. It doesnt stay up all the time like seed when you're in battle. If you can see the future then why didnt Raww see his imminent death and avoid a fellow coordinator. Its didnt help Raww at all and yet he used the Dragoon system very well despite being a supreme commander and spending his whole time on his ship. He only used new-type when he saw Mu whom he hated. He knew by rivalry that the person coming for him was up to no good. However it was always a draw because they both were good pilots not because they have new-type ability. They didnt shoot more accurately. Raww didnt dodge better than other coordinators and you have to remember that Raww was a coordinator and Mu isnt but yet they were always in a draw when fighting each other. Even Kira had alot of trouble when faced against Raww but yet Kira has seed mode on and all Raww had were his Dragoons, like Mu's MA except that its a MS so it could do alot more (who later pilots the skygrasper to fight Raww until he took over the Strike) . Mu didnt become as good as Kira all of a sudden and can take down Raww's goons as good as Kira can and stop Athrun, Dearka, and Yzak from stealing the gundams. It accomplished absolutely nothing. It did prove something though and that is that it all comes down to the pilot and Raww wasn't even an ultimate coordinator nor used Seed mode when he faced Kira, an ultimate coordinator.

Its different when Kira used it. However the results were the same. Kira could plot enemies with his meteor with or without Seed mode using his navi system. He could aim for flying projectiles aimed at his mothership. He proved his accuracy in battle many times by disabling pilots without killing them. He could easily stop those Goufs with or without the new-type. They were very close to him and not a target a mile away and he has shot down Minerva's Scylla cannon from a mile away with deadly precision even without seed mode even without having to predict where the ship is or will be and the Minerva was constantly evading AA and moving rapidly through a large cloud of debris and eye-blinding flashes of beams. Im sorry but you got 4 Goufs that are wrapped around you and if you need new-type ability to have to predict where they are and aim for them then you mustn't be piloting a billion dollar worth piece of hi-technology. New-type doesnt do that. It just gives Kira a sense of security knowing that what he does is the right thing to do by disabling fellow coordinators whom he knows are just doing what they're ordered to do but not worth killing them.

As for naturals having seed mode, Cagalli is an exception not a rule. She is afterall a twin of Kira, an ultimate coordinator, even if she is not born from a test tube and grown in a perfect environment. Genes and environments are two aspects that are important to a perfect coordinator. Kira has both. Cagalli was grown in a loving family as well and she has the same genes as Kira except for being born without her parents having to go through gene therapy.

Splash!
Tue, 08-09-2005, 12:52 AM
SEED has nothing to do with being a coordinator or not so why not just leave it at that alukard. Its not that cagalli is some exception to the rule.
@alukard: Being a newtype is not a useless ability. While it dusn make u the God on the battlefield automatically , it does definitely help alot in helping you own. After all we can all agree that Rau owned much more than regular coordinators, just as Mwu was much more than regular naturals. Hence, Kira being the ultimate coordinator with SEED mode and the newtype abilities==== add that together and it pretty much means hes something BIG!

MrTicTac
Tue, 08-09-2005, 12:53 AM
bout Cagalli, coordinator SEED stuff,, wat makes a coordinator a coordinator is that their genes are altered, sooo cagalli is a natural,, doesnt matter where they grew up etc etc

soo saying only coordinators can have SEED mode is incorrect, twin sister etc etc cagalli isnt a coordinator

and since the word newtype has never come up in any dialogue in SEED or Destiny,, I dont think it should count,, Mwu and that other dude may not even be newtypes,, did either ever sense Kira ? (if were saying newtype flash makes someone a newtype) Mwu could be like the Frost Bros where both can only sense each other

I dont think Curium is saying newtypes are super gods that kill all, he's saying wat is generally the definition of a newtype in Mobil Suit Gundam, Gundam X etc etc, NOT gundam seed since they never say newtype

and newtypes just have visions or dreams and feel other people's emotions (so instinct would tell them where to shoot etc) and this is not always correct of course, visions of the future in Gundam X didnt always come true

alukard
Tue, 08-09-2005, 01:46 AM
Coordinators > Naturals because they have seed mode and even when they arent they've already acquired all their knowledge of battle tactics that they learned while in they're berserked and lived to fight again. Berserk= Berserk.

----

From this line alot of people are saying that coordinators and seed mode is linked. Some says its not. All i said was that coordinators are better than naturals because they have seed mode. Most of them have it and more so than naturals. How many naturals besides Cagalli has it? You might find one natural with seed mode but you wont have to look very hard to see that coordinators outnumber naturals by a ratio of many to one. This is true because their genes were spliced to find the right genes that made them advantageous. This was what started the war on Earth. Its only a matter of time before they find the seed gene and since coordinators have the certain genes that makes them more in-tuned to certain tasks they'll eventually wont even find any difference between seed mode and non-seed mode because they'll find the right combination of genes to flip it on indefinitely. Kira was partial proof of that. He had no problem working the mechanics of a mobile suit despite his only experience being that he worked with his professor as a first year technical student near a well funded top secret weapons facility. In a minute tops he was able to reconfigure the OS of a never weapon he has never worked with before. He was battle ready and blood rushed when he saw a gear approached him. Seed stands for Superior evolutionary something something. In my view, Cagalli's only difference is that her parents didnt have to go through gene therapy like Dulindal and Captain Gladys to tell them that they should or should not marry. Cagalli and Kira are practically twins except Kira had his genes enhanced further.

There are other ways to acquire seeds besides being a coordinator, and there are other genes besides Seed, but most coordinators have seed and most coordinators are better than naturals. You cant say only roses have thorns and all roses are red but you can say all roses have thorns and all roses can be cut down because people can still see through its outer beauty and innocence and its need to protect itself with thorns from hands of people and things because people are indiscriminating and shallow like that.

Vega
Tue, 08-09-2005, 02:45 AM
About the whole Newtype flash thing:

A lot of people have mentioned that the word newtype has never been mentioned in Seed and Destiny. Also, we all know about Gundam series loving to re-use their animations over and over and over again. During Gundam SEED I always assumed they just used the newtype flash from the earlier gundam series' with Mwu and Kruze to show their long distance recognition of each other, possibly because one was a clone of the other's father and they had an intuitive feeling about being so close to someone so genetically similar.

(I'm just saying I don't think the flash means that they are 'newtypes' at all, and sorry, I couldn't think of any reason why Kira should have a flash...)

Wizard054
Tue, 08-09-2005, 04:05 AM
If it was a beam, it'd be over...
Meaning...if Shinn was using your typical beam saber, there's no way Freedom could've palmed it.

Curium
Tue, 08-09-2005, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by: MrTicTac
and since the word newtype has never come up in any dialogue in SEED or Destiny,, I dont think it should count,, Mwu and that other dude may not even be newtypes,, did either ever sense Kira ? (if were saying newtype flash makes someone a newtype) Mwu could be like the Frost Bros where both can only sense each other

At the end of SEED after Mwu died Rau did sense Kira coming for him.

I dont think Curium is saying newtypes are super gods that kill all, he's saying wat is generally the definition of a newtype in Mobil Suit Gundam, Gundam X etc etc, NOT gundam seed since they never say newtype

Thanks. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I suck at communication.

Originally posted by: Wizard054
Meaning...if Shinn was using your typical beam saber, there's no way Freedom could've palmed it.

What? The way this is worded sounds like you are implying that Shinn thought he would have won if his sword was all Beam? If I'm misunderstanding what you wrote I'm sorry, but Shinn was refering to SFs Rail Guns not being beams.

NeoBear
Tue, 08-09-2005, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by: Wizard054

? um you dont seem to be on the same wave lenth as the rest of us, shinn was admiting at that moment that if kira had used a beam weapon it would have been over, or in other words that kira just pulled some pimp shit on him.

side note anybody else notice that kira dont talk much anymore when he figts, wich is cool with me some of the shit they say while fighting is lame as hell

Gundam A: why are you doing this!!!!

Gundam B: the world is a cow and the milk has gone bad to prevent these things from taking place we must fight that way i can know im alive, also i have to take a shit and they wont let me go back till i beat you

Gundam A: if indeed the world is a cow then i will be lowfat milk GHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Gundam B: then you are doomed to repeat the cow milking you people dont understand how we have sufferd GHAAAAAAA!!!!!

i mean are you kidding me why can they even hear each other in the first place lol

kenren
Tue, 08-09-2005, 05:35 AM
okay...just watched phase 42 ( im slow) XD

cool episode !!! cant wait for phase 43 !!

Psyke
Tue, 08-09-2005, 05:53 AM
i mean are you kidding me why can they even hear each other in the first place lol

There are certain open access frequencies which they can communicate. Of course, internal communication channels/frequencies are supposed to be encrypted/secret information.

But we all know that the true reason they can communicate is of course another plot device where they can get more information and react accordingly.

Neo: "Stellar's the one piloting it!"
Shin: "Stellar!? How the heck did you get this channel anyway?!"

Millenium-Boyz
Tue, 08-09-2005, 07:58 AM
What is so special about this "Gundam Seed Special Edition" is there any hentai scenes in it ? LolZ

Zariel
Tue, 08-09-2005, 08:10 AM
Ok, this is some real discussion.

- How come when Kira and Lacus was talking about taking Justice to Athrun when they were back in Eternal, there was 3 gundams??? Is one of them Strike????

fox_t
Tue, 08-09-2005, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by: Zariel

- How come when Kira and Lacus was talking about taking Justice to Athrun when they were back in Eternal, there was 3 gundams??? Is one of them Strike????

I suspect one of them was Gaia...or it could've been Strike.

Either way at the time Kira and Lacus were talking there should have been at least 4 Gundams on that ship.

Strike Freedom
Tue, 08-09-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by: Zariel

There is much debate on which suit it was, either Strike or Gaia. But it is truly unknown, just have to wait and see.....

Psyke
Tue, 08-09-2005, 09:54 AM
http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/5642/mss5uo.jpg

Looks like Gaia to me.

MeroTZ
Tue, 08-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Why all this newtype discussion?

It seems pretty clear to me that SEED "newtypes" are empaths, people capable of sensing the emotions of others. No mind reading, now precognition, just emotions.

For example, Kira knew Cagali was crying. He could sense her emotional state.

Dont get me wrong, with enough experience at reading emotions, it could have incredibly valid combat application. You feel a sudden increase in aggresion? Theres a warning that your opponent is about to attack.

As far as recognizing others at a distance... well, I'm sure thats not too hard to do based on emotions.

EDIT: Definately Gaia

Vegita
Tue, 08-09-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by: alukard

___

The good thing about these forums is that if your opinions are unpopular you CAN say whatever you want and people cant find you and jump you. You can be obnoxious, racist, sexist, whatever proudly and talk about blacks, whites, and even Scottishs and be a masochist and the worst thing that can happen is being banned.

Stop crying and learn how NOT to take personally.

Vegita
Tue, 08-09-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by: MeroTZ

As far as recognizing others at a distance... well, I'm sure thats not too hard to do based on emotions.

I dont know about that... like from that earlier episode when Rey is flying around and Neo is like "it's him again". What kind of emotion was Neo sensing from Rey then?

dead
Tue, 08-09-2005, 11:17 AM
dude, they can sence other newtypes, and we will really find out in the next ep when Kira confronts Rey, if he really sences him then will know thats one of their characteristics (Kira senced Raww in Seed a couple of times, but he doesnt do the same thing with non-newtypes, the same goes for Mwuu/Neo, Rey, and Raww - Note: they are the only ones through the whole series to use Gun Barrel and/or DRAGON systems )

Edit: Oops, Kira did sence Shinn as being the guy in ORB i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif , that cant be good i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

MeroTZ
Tue, 08-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by: Vegita

Originally posted by: MeroTZ

I dont know about that... like from that earlier episode when Rey is flying around and Neo is like "it's him again". What kind of emotion was Neo sensing from Rey then?

Its not a set emotion, its the sum of all their emotions together. Like a fingerprint, or a smell. You learn to recognize it after a while.

You know how some people are always mad? You know how people write certain ways? I could probably identiify several authors just by their writing style.

I think this is why Kira's newtype abilities are just now coming to the forefront... his subconsious is finally using all of the input its getting in productive ways, because its taken a long time for him to learn what all of that emotional input actually means.

DeluxSkillz
Tue, 08-09-2005, 02:17 PM
this ep was great, kira pwned shinn pretty bad when he didn't use his laser when he went seed

Wizard054
Tue, 08-09-2005, 04:38 PM

What? The way this is worded sounds like you are implying that Shinn thought he would have won if his sword was all Beam? If I'm misunderstanding what you wrote I'm sorry, but Shinn was refering to SFs Rail Guns not being beams.[/quote]

I stand corrected...
I am humbled by everyone's insight on the matter...
=)

Barandax
Tue, 08-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Did anybody else notice that Strike Freedom seems to have the same energy wings that Destiny has, though smaller? I first noticed it when Kira launched the DRAGOON for the second time in episode 39. There are clearly some kind of pink/purple colored streams of energy coming out when he does it. At first I thought it was just some effect of lauching the DRAGOON out to make it seem cooler but they also show up in the opening when you see Strike Freedom doing its alpha strike move. Anybody know whats up with them? Are they just some kind of graphic effect or possibly somethign more?

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-09-2005, 05:39 PM
By the way, did anyone else notice that they actually introduced another new character -other than the DOM troopers- in this episode?

http://www.gundam-seed-d.net/character/img/abbey.jpg

It's Abbey, the new crewmember on the Minerva (I assume she's taking Meyrin's spot).
If she's been seen earlier in the series, then forgive me (I haven't seen her at least).

redemption2
Tue, 08-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Technically Terra, she's been there ever since the defection. If you look closely at the episodes, she's there on the bridge in each one. They just hadn't said her name until this episode, but she had been on gundam-seed-d.net for about a month.

Deblas
Tue, 08-09-2005, 08:43 PM
By the way, did anyone else notice that they actually introduced another new character -other than the DOM troopers- in this episode?

It's Abbey, the new crewmember on the Minerva (I assume she's taking Meyrin's spot).
If she's been seen earlier in the series, then forgive me (I haven't seen her at least).

*gasp* I think I'm in lo.......No wait...my bad.

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-09-2005, 08:44 PM
I think it's too early to find anything if you hit up "Gundam Seed Abbey hentai" in Google i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

dead
Tue, 08-09-2005, 08:52 PM
^ ROFL ....... I would add something to that but i dont know any blonde cordinator jokes i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif can any one tell me if blonde cordinator chicks = regular non-blonde chick ?? i always wondered i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Juced
Tue, 08-09-2005, 09:33 PM

How could you miss her! A new cute blonde in the show! No, I haven't seen here before, eventhough I have read her name somewhere, think on Gunota.

btw. only Cagalli could f**k up a perfectly good mobile suit like that. I thought the girl could pilot, but that was an dissapointment.

Deblas
Tue, 08-09-2005, 10:31 PM
She went against SHINN for christ sake!! What did you expect.

KapsLocked
Wed, 08-10-2005, 12:40 AM
Also, I think Cagalli is more of a leader, not a fighter. Akatsuki is a good flagship gundam for her since it's all gold a pretty. It's good for the troops to see the commander getting her hands dirty. ^^

At least some random Gouf wasn't able to come by slashing her to death. She has enough skill to avoid that.

NeoBear
Wed, 08-10-2005, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by: Juced
btw. only Cagalli could f**k up a perfectly good mobile suit like that. I thought the girl could pilot, but that was an dissapointment.

um if she had beat shinn are you saying that would have been ok? i mean id like to think all of us watching over the world would have jioned togeather in a colective shout of "BULLSHIT" if she won there was no way she was gonna win, i was shocked she even steped up to face him to tell ya the truth, and in any case i thought she did pretty well, like hommie said some randome goff didnt come along and take her out it took shinn, if shinn was the only one who could kick my ass id be feeling pretty good =p. at least she wasnt yelling out stupid shit about about beams being deflected or about why wont this person die ect ect ....

blightian
Wed, 08-10-2005, 06:46 AM
i believe that shinn will never defect.
judging from the current situation, he'll be with dullinal until the series ends. i doubt kira and athrun will be persuasive enuff to bring him over. shinn hates kira to the core and judging by his character, he will never defect unless someone dies... like lunamaria...

Juced
Wed, 08-10-2005, 07:03 AM

Originally posted by: Juced

um if she had beat shinn are you saying that would have been ok? i mean id like to think all of us watching over the world would have jioned togeather in a colective shout of "BULLSHIT" if she won there was no way she was gonna win, i was shocked she even steped up to face him to tell ya the truth, and in any case i thought she did pretty well, like hommie said some randome goff didnt come along and take her out it took shinn, if shinn was the only one who could kick my ass id be feeling pretty good =p. at least she wasnt yelling out stupid shit about about beams being deflected or about why wont this person die ect ect ....

what I I meant was that she could put a little more effort in it. She blocks his beam weapons 2 times. But she can't even dodge a beam boomerang, she loses her limbs to fast. A bit more of a fight would have been nice. ANd yes ORB basicly doesn't have an change against such overwhelming numbers, but it also took the EAF 2 or more attacks, so would should they make it easy on ZAFT?

telemari
Wed, 08-10-2005, 08:07 AM
well with Kira, Athrun, and DOMs I don't think they are going to lose this time.

SorC
Wed, 08-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by: blightian
i believe that shinn will never defect.
judging from the current situation, he'll be with dullinal until the series ends. i doubt kira and athrun will be persuasive enuff to bring him over. shinn hates kira to the core and judging by his character, he will never defect unless someone dies... like lunamaria...

I reckon Rey killing Luna and then trying to pass her off as an enemy would make Shinn defect. Fortunately Rey isn't that stupid i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

alukard
Wed, 08-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Why all this newtype discussion?

It seems pretty clear to me that SEED "newtypes" are empaths, people capable of sensing the emotions of others. No mind reading, now precognition, just emotions.

For example, Kira knew Cagali was crying. He could sense her emotional state.

Dont get me wrong, with enough experience at reading emotions, it could have incredibly valid combat application. You feel a sudden increase in aggresion? Theres a warning that your opponent is about to attack.

---

Based upon how Shinn isnt an empath but a big freakin alarm blared on his mic anyone can tell that it doesnt take a new-type to sense when and where danger lurks. SF is a new mobile suit, has different signature reading or whatever on the radar than freedom, unless its just a rebuilt freedom with more small guns albeit D.R.A.G.O.O.N guns, has not been registered as an enemy combatant (except for freedom), and even Shinn admits that "freedom? didnt i put a meter hole through it?"

Kira didnt sense Cagalli crying. The lines were open between Kira and Cagalli so he heard everything Cagalli was saying and Cagalli was crying as Kira told Athrun that she was having a difficult day before Kira sent Athrun back home via his cockpit and half of a steering wheel to think about what he said and did after Athrun decided to go back to Zaft and Cagalli running back to Orb to handle matters on her own.

New-type isnt an advantage even if it means sensing your enemy's emotion. Was it new-type that told Kira to shrug off Stellar as he faced imminent death as both Heine and Stellar were aiming for the back-side of the occupied Kira? No need to read your enemy's emotions when they're charging at you and looking at you straight in the eye looking dumb-founded and next thing you know you're sliced in two. Yeah im sure the New-type was telling him to pretend that he didnt sense those two and then let Heine took the hits while he finishes Stellar next. Read your own minds and tell me what Kira was thinking when he sensed Stellar was going to kill Heine and Kira and get two with one bird? Passive aggression? Let others do the work so your hands dont get dirty?

What kept Kira alive was his fighting instincts not New-type. Its the first time we've seen his New-type ability and even if it wasnt then frankly it does absolutely nothing besides woos the audience with its animations because New-types in GS and GSD have no distinct abilities besides spotting other New-types. None whatsoever.

redemption2
Wed, 08-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Is there some type of trouble with HaroTori? They still haven't released episode 42 yet, and they're over about a day or two. Anyone know if something's wrong?

Mashux7
Wed, 08-10-2005, 07:28 PM
I hope there wasnt a problem when they were working on it and you can chek on this website http://www.harotori.org/?p=index for the release

drunkenmaster
Wed, 08-10-2005, 08:33 PM
i read on thsi thread(i think sumwhere after that crazy post that was super long) sumwhere that athrun didnt win against kira in their seed mode crazy battle. i think athrun won. 1st of all, pure skill wise, the only reason athrun couldnt kill kira is because of his power limit. if they both had unlimted energy, athurn would win because when he grabbed on he woulda blasted kira hell. also, after the self destruct, kira was saved by lacus. he was on the ground when they found him im betting sumhow alive. athrun got away on his own and then recived help from cagali after he escaped(jetpack axn), kira on the otherhand, didnt escape. athrun also sustained less damage considering he was able to get out of be with just a broken arm. thats just my opinion. now if u see winning as whoevers mobile suit gets destroyed, then yes it was a tie. even tho agies technically destroyed strike i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Curium
Wed, 08-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by: drunkenmaster
i read on thsi thread(i think sumwhere after that crazy post that was super long) sumwhere that athrun didnt win against kira in their seed mode crazy battle. i think athrun won. 1st of all, pure skill wise, the only reason athrun couldnt kill kira is because of his power limit. if they both had unlimted energy, athurn would win because when he grabbed on he woulda blasted kira hell. also, after the self destruct, kira was saved by lacus. he was on the ground when they found him im betting sumhow alive. athrun got away on his own and then recived help from cagali after he escaped(jetpack axn), kira on the otherhand, didnt escape. athrun also sustained less damage considering he was able to get out of be with just a broken arm. thats just my opinion. now if u see winning as whoevers mobile suit gets destroyed, then yes it was a tie. even tho agies technically destroyed strike

That was me. They were pretty much even in that battle. Its just that Aegis had a unique ability. If it hadn't been able to clamp on, Kira could have avoided it. If there was a winner it was Aegis over Strike, not Athrun over Kira. Also the comment about Aegis destroying Strike, it can't count as a win if it destroys itself (it was acctually in worse condition then Strike) to do it.

As for how they each survived, Kira was rescued by Junk Guild Tech Lowe Gear and taken to the blind priest guy who took him to PLANT. Athrun may have been escaping, but he didn't get far enough away. If the Orb party hadn't shown up there was at least a 50% chance he would have died.

Curium
Wed, 08-10-2005, 09:16 PM
There seems to be an error with the EDIT button, I did try to avoid double posting, especially since I'm just trying to clarify my previous post.

For the first part I wanted to add the sentance "I personally consider it a tie, but if I had to attribute victory to someone, it would be which ever scientist designed Aegis' transformation ability."

In the second part I wanted to add "and he got caught in the blast" to the end of the second sentance.

drunkenmaster
Wed, 08-10-2005, 09:57 PM
i see ur point. agies was a better gundam. but i still think if a winner had to be declared between kira and athurn i would say athurn barely came out on top (like 49 to 51)
btw i how do u guys like what i did with my phone? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
C:\Documents and Settings\Karl\Desktop\cool\DSCN0710.JPG

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Wed, 08-10-2005, 10:35 PM
@drunkenmaster what do u mean?

aznimperialx
Wed, 08-10-2005, 10:46 PM
it was a tie....

drunkenmaster
Wed, 08-10-2005, 11:02 PM
you can view it as a tie but i clearly said it was my opinion. athrun came out of the fight with less damage to his body so to me thats a slight victory. if u get into a fight with ur friend and u break both his arms and like 5 of his ribs and he managed to give u a black eye before sumone broke the fight up up or both of u got too tired, who won? i can see how it can be viewed as a tie, but to me, i think the winner was the one that only got a black eye. but w/e this is getting of topic anywayz. btw how did u like the phone?(i know it was random but i just got so hyped up about it lol)

btw: even tho the scientists designed ageis with the special clamp on, you cant say that automatically means u can never win legit... if you have a gun and they have a stick and u obviously shoot them and win. your still the winner. you cant say the winner was the creator of the gun and the loser was the inventor of the stick(or u could but w/e). agies was the better gundam. you could say athrun had a slight advantage.

Death13a
Thu, 08-11-2005, 01:13 AM
Here is my 2 cents: Give it a break, both alive and well and nor they enemies anymore so give it a break. and as for Gundams: each were good at something and it was very much rock-paper-scissors fight.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Thu, 08-11-2005, 03:29 AM
HaroTori's version (http://www.harotori.org/torrent/?6138AC55) is out

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-11-2005, 06:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Man, this one was late.

Strike Freedom
Thu, 08-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Terra, nice site, I like it a lot. The touch of Gundam and FF is brilliant. I know it's off topic but I had to comment. Nice commentary in the web page, good selection of characters. I would have to say Kefka and Sephiroth are probably the two most bad ass characters in the FF series. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-11-2005, 10:20 AM
Thanks mate, for the reference though, there's a thread for the site in General Discussion already i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

masamuneehs
Thu, 08-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Cagalli should be dead. Mwu/ Neo in an old shitty Sky Grasper should be dead. Outgunned ORB forces= dead

Oh, and since Cagalli basically overthrew the Roma government in ORB, why the hell are they still fighting ZAFT?!? Wouldn't she get on the phone with Dullindal and say, "The old leader is gone. We're searching to find Djibril and bring him to justice." That at least gives them plausible credit to use against Dullindal later if he doesn't stop the attack, since he's done ZERO things wrong that any joe-schmoe knows of, and continuing to fight ZAFT after the coup d'etat seems to prove his justification for attacking ORB with such a large force...

aznimperialx
Thu, 08-11-2005, 05:45 PM
If that happened we wouldnt get any fighting

x hypz x
Thu, 08-11-2005, 06:03 PM
anyway, good to see kira kicking ass again =]
looking forward to asuran and justice next ep

DDBen
Thu, 08-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
Cagalli should be dead. Mwu/ Neo in an old shitty Sky Grasper should be dead. Outgunned ORB forces= dead

Oh, and since Cagalli basically overthrew the Roma government in ORB, why the hell are they still fighting ZAFT?!? Wouldn't she get on the phone with Dullindal and say, "The old leader is gone. We're searching to find Djibril and bring him to justice." That at least gives them plausible credit to use against Dullindal later if he doesn't stop the attack, since he's done ZERO things wrong that any joe-schmoe knows of, and continuing to fight ZAFT after the coup d'etat seems to prove his justification for attacking ORB with such a large force...

First off if any of that happened we wouldn't have much of a show. Also Dullindale has footage of Calgari attacking Zaft forces outside of the defence of Orb so he has every reason and intention of crushing Orb in order to finish the battle.

tripz1196
Fri, 08-12-2005, 09:24 AM
Toward the end of phase 42, while Lacus is talking to Asuran and Meyrin about why he has to go out and fight, you see a flashback of the conversation that happened on the Eternal between Lacus and Kira and you see three mobile suits, I know one's Freedom and the other one's Justice but why is there a third one? I'll try to get a screenshot up if no one knows what I'm talking about...

Psyke
Fri, 08-12-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by: tripz1196
Toward the end of phase 42, while Lacus is talking to Asuran and Meyrin about why he has to go out and fight, you see a flashback of the conversation that happened on the Eternal between Lacus and Kira and you see three mobile suits, I know one's Freedom and the other one's Justice but why is there a third one? I'll try to get a screenshot up if no one knows what I'm talking about...

Check out page 9 of this thread.

Maverick-DBZ-
Fri, 08-12-2005, 03:25 PM
[Haro^2_Tori^2] just released ep 42. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Click me (http://www.point-blank.cc:7000/index.html?search=HARO)

Deckz
Fri, 08-12-2005, 03:39 PM
been posted on previous page already i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Curium
Fri, 08-12-2005, 05:02 PM

There are several reasons. First, it would be a hollow speech unless they have Djibril and are ready to hand him over. It would be very easy to see it as them trying to buy time. Second, Cagalli almost married Yuna so Dullindal could just say that she is making it up. Third, Orb has always been a "difficult" nation, Dullindal would love for it to be gone, all he wanted was an excuse so he could still be the good guy in the public eye.

masamuneehs
Fri, 08-12-2005, 05:39 PM

There are several reasons. First, it would be a hollow speech unless they have Djibril and are ready to hand him over. It would be very easy to see it as them trying to buy time. Second, Cagalli almost married Yuna so Dullindal could just say that she is making it up. Third, Orb has always been a "difficult" nation, Dullindal would love for it to be gone, all he wanted was an excuse so he could still be the good guy in the public eye.

I'm just taking this from a political POV. You still have to try to hold a dialogue. Or would you rather have your fast act as leader upon returning to power be continuing to fight ZAFT and fuel the war I thought she was so adamantly against?

Also, like I said, even if Dullindal keeps up the attack, Cagalli loses nothing for fighting back to defend ORB. But if she doesn't at least try to make peace, it can be said she didn't really care about the citizens, or was too stupid to try that approach. Not only does it cover her ass, maybe end the battle but it also can be used as a lens to see Dullindal for what he really is. If he's all peace-loving like he says on TV, he'd stop. He'd be put in a bind.

As it is now, Dullindal has no clue that ORB isn't still his enemy being controlled by the remnants of Logos (or at least he can say that to the public) and so he could wipe out ORB (which he wants) and not face any negative consequences. Cagalli is playing into his hands by not opening up a dialogue with him immediatley after taking command.

EDIT: And to DDBen, yes its obvious Dullindal wants to destroy ORB, no matter what. But Cagalli fighting against ZAFT outside of ORB, while she's trying to get into ORB to protect ORB, is self-defense and compltley acceptable, especially since ZAFT is aggressively invading ORB, not the other way around. Your point is quite mute when you consider that once she's on the ground and running the country AND DOESN'T KNOW DULLINDAL IS EVIL. Her requesting a cease-fire would be the best way to unveil Dullindal for what he really is, since he wouldn't stop.