PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: Uzumaki Ninden

Vegechan
Wed, 08-03-2005, 01:46 AM
http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/742/742445/vids_1.html

Check out the first vid, the Japanese commerical.

X freaking D

This seems to be more on the games side so I'm moving it. Moved to Gaming Discussion.

GotWoot Moderator

DarthEnderX
Wed, 08-03-2005, 05:40 AM
I don't hold much hope for it. Good games based on Anime series are all but nonexistant.

Hikyuu
Wed, 08-03-2005, 06:34 AM
Hmmm I might get an illegal copy of it.. or something.. but that might be pretty hard to play when you cant read Japanese yet.. looks like there was a character customization for chakra flow or something..but it does look cool.. Im sure it will be like ...blah.. if I play it..

Vegechan
Wed, 08-03-2005, 06:36 AM
But that's like saying all movies based on video games turn out horrible. It's not entirely true, plus it's not the same developer who does each movie/game. I hold judgement for each game for what it's worth, rather than saying "It's been done before and failed, so shall this." I also know trailers often make the game out to look spectacular, because that's what a trailer is for, to catch your eye, however it seems promising so far.

Tinks
Thu, 08-04-2005, 12:33 AM
I dont think it'll be able to top the fighting games for Gamecube still
Who is Cavia?
At first I was thinking this looked like an rpg, but its classified as just a fighter? Is it just straight single player which I am assuming it is?

Paulyboy
Fri, 08-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Dude its alot better than the Dragonball Z Budokai series, I think its pretty good

NM
Fri, 08-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Tinks, it looks like just a single player game to me. But it does seem really cool, getting to play as Shikamaru and of course Neji! I'll definetly get this game for my birthday (maybe I'll download it if its available...I dunno yet).

ChaosK
Sun, 08-07-2005, 01:04 AM
is this game already out in japan? (hehe) and, i think the stories kinda odd because in the comercial he was fighting pretty much drones...a bunch of them too (chouji). But it looks insane! (when has naruto charged at itachi with a rasnegan?)

Jman
Sun, 08-07-2005, 03:48 AM
just watched the clips. this game looks so sweet. i was glad to see that you could swap characters during battles so naruto isn't the only person to play as.

Hikyuu
Mon, 08-08-2005, 07:22 AM
My guess is that you might be given a team of four or w/e so you can switch them in and out when their skills re needed.. not that you have the whole naruto regiment cause that would be kind of lame.. This would also give more depth to the game play.. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif creating teams for missions by looking at their chakra control/molding.. adaptation/planning abilities and so forth..

NM
Mon, 08-22-2005, 08:33 PM
You can download Uzumaki Ninden here. (http://isohunt.com/torrents.php?ihq=Naruto+Uzumaki+Ninden&ext=&op=and )

The game isn't that bad I guess...I was expecting a bit more. Basically, what you do is go to Tsunade and take on a mission. Then when you leave Konoha, you'll be taken to a map and you move Naruto from point to point. The battles occur FF style but as you all know, its all action.

I was really hoping we could explore Konoha like in Narutimet Hero 2 but you can't. At Konoha, there's three options:
(1) Go to Tsunade
(2) Save
(3) Leave and go to the map

Some cool things is that you have all of Naruto's moves right from the get go like Kage Bunshin, Sexy no Jutsu, and Rasengan. The Naruto Rendan is an upgrade of Kage Bunshin that you get from customizing your forehead protector (well, it sort of looks like your customizing it. What they do is give you a diagram to complete with different colored gems). Theres a bunch of different colored gems you use for customization, each with different applications. I haven't gotten most of the gems yet but I know that Red gems are for strength and Green are for skill upgrades (thats what they say at GameFAQS). 4 Green gems gives you the Naruto Rendan. You get bonus points (I think) for completing each diagram.

You also get a side-kick character but the downside is that you can only use him for a limited time. The fighting tends to get repetitive after awhile to. I'll post more as I keep playing.

Koyuki
Wed, 08-24-2005, 11:11 AM
It's a pretty good game. Had it for a tiime. But Narutimet Hero 2 is better

NM
Wed, 08-24-2005, 07:12 PM
Ok, it looks like you don't just get one assist character, you can get two of them. The only thing is you can select only one character for battle from your menu. Using Neji's 64 Tenketsu Hit jutsu is so awesome though i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif. You get to use Kakashi for a mission to, which is pretty cool. Naruto's Kyubi mode tends to make boss fights alot easier to (which is a good thing, because if you die, you have to start all over again and go through all the dialogue).

If anyone has the game, can anyone explain the Item shop that you open up after the second mission?

@UN#1: Yeah, Narutimet Hero 2 is definetly better.

kenren
Sat, 08-27-2005, 09:33 AM
woah...the game looks awesome...im getting one tomorrow ^_^V

Jman
Mon, 09-12-2005, 06:57 PM
This just in

Naruto headed for PS2 once again
Bandai's popular ninja fighting game is making a comeback with Narutimate Hero 3.

For an animated series about the legendarily stealthy ninja, Naruto sure does a poor job of keeping a low profile. Now appearing in the US on the Cartoon Network and fresh off a featured role in the Nintendo codeveloped anime battle royal Jump Superstars, the series is also returning once more to the PlayStation 2.

Bandai is developing the third installment in its Narutimate Hero fighting action game series, reports the latest issue of Shonen Jump. Narutimate Hero 3 will once again feature the ninja-flavored action of previous installments, along with some new moves and tweaked techniques.

Characters confirmed so far include the main character Naruto, his eternal rival Sasuke, and Gaara. As one would expect, Narutimate Hero 3 will feature new characters as well. In terms of new in-game systems, Narutimate Hero 3 will include an ominous-sounding new technique called the "Ultimate Ninjitsu."

Naruto: Narutimate Hero 3 is slated for release this winter on the PlayStation 2 in Japan.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2...9/12/news_6133016.html (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/12/news_6133016.html)

Zinobi
Thu, 09-15-2005, 02:22 AM
awesome im downloading the game right now where can i download the Narutimate Hero games?
EDIT: FAQ/Walkthrough (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/naruto_un.txt) ur welcome
none of the trackers work ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zinobi
Fri, 09-16-2005, 09:45 PM
hey none of the torrent ive found work plz HELP PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit: sry fot the double post