PDA

View Full Version : Mangekyou

Ictus
Mon, 08-01-2005, 10:01 AM
I'm just wondering... the technigue Itachi uses on Sasuke in chapter 224 (manga), isn't that the same technigue as the one he uses on Kakashi in episode 82 (anime)? In chapter 224 (manga) you see the "special" mangekyou sharingan, but in episode 82 (anime) you see that Itachi doesn't use the "special" mangekyou but just the normal sharingan (even though you actually don't see his eyes in the manga at that point).

Did I miss some crucial information about the sharingan, or is it just a fuck-up by the animators?

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, but I wasn't able to find anything when I searched...

Darkcarnage
Mon, 08-01-2005, 10:12 AM
i think teh animators at teh time did not know how it was going to lok and so did teh normal version and jsut showed alot fo teh circles itachi. he as you saw used it again and in flash back when fight naruto vs sasuke.

Psyke
Mon, 08-01-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by: Darkcarnage
i think teh animators at teh time did not know how it was going to lok and so did teh normal version and jsut showed alot fo teh circles itachi. he as you saw used it again and in flash back when fight naruto vs sasuke.

I think you have the record for most number of spelling mistakes in a single sentence.

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 08-01-2005, 11:52 AM
Oh no not another GRAMMAR NAZI TELLING IT LIKE IT IS.

Holy shit stick to the topic ahhhhhh!!!!

PSJ
Mon, 08-01-2005, 02:26 PM
A fuck up by the animators.

Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel

Same to you.

Jaredster
Mon, 08-01-2005, 02:54 PM
edit =! quote

Jaredster
Mon, 08-01-2005, 02:54 PM
it was a screw up. Just like my last post.

Icho
Mon, 08-01-2005, 05:15 PM
I believe that it was only a mistake made by the animators, because its exactly the same genjutsu.
(I couldnt understand Darckarnage post very well)

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 08-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ

Same to you.

It's called sarcasm.

Ictus
Tue, 08-02-2005, 07:38 AM
hehe feel the love... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

good to know that it's a fuckup by the animators. And since I'm the topic starter I guess it's impossible for me to hijack the topic, so here goes...

There's something else that I find a bit weird... it's the seals used to perform ninjutsu. It seems that certain seals are directly linked to a specifik jutsu. Which would mean that when a new jutsu is invented it's really just a matter of combining random seals. Right now I'm thinking about the suicide jutsu that was used on Orochimaru's clone during the chuunin exam....

__________________________________________________ ________________________-
HOW TO MAKE A NEW JUTSU, ACT 1

[Random Shinobi 1] Hey wanna try doing the seals together?
[Random Shinobi 2] yeah why not... we'll just use this seal... and this...
[Random Shinobi 1] And we'll finish it with this
[Random Shinobi 2] hey cool, we've made our own jut...

... silence...
__________________________________________________ ________________________________

The only thing that would make sense to me is that the seals aren't all that important, but are only a means of concentrating. And since they've performed a specifik jutsu so many times using the same seals they subconssiously bind (There's a better word for it, I just don't remeber it) the seals to the jutsu. Then it would also make sense why they sometimes shout the name of the attack they're about to do... simply to "get in the right mood"

so... did I make sense or did I forget to take my medicine?

PSJ
Tue, 08-02-2005, 10:15 AM

Same to you.

It's called sarcasm.

Good job.

Didn't bother to understand the part on the handseals but i can tell you this much, the shouting of the attacks are just means to make it cooler for the viewer.

Hikyuu
Tue, 08-02-2005, 10:20 AM
If I can remember correctly (HAH..) different seals /hand positions are used for different kinda of concentration.. I am not sure where they originate but I know ,in meditation, by some , it isbelieved that keeping hands in certain positions will ease your ascent.. or maybe Im making this all up who knows i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 08-02-2005, 10:25 AM
I can understand concentration,. but if seals served no purpose at all, what the hell was the point of Kakashi's 300 effin' seals in his fight with Zabuza, just to pull off that one move? Yeah, the seals aren't so long anymore, and that may have been just to show how quick Kakashi was, but they pulled the seals off as if they were of great importance.

PSJ
Tue, 08-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Even if everything you said was made up it sounded good. Success, wouldn't you say?

XanBcoo
Tue, 08-02-2005, 11:55 AM
I agree. The seals make the jutsu. It even says early on in the show (I believe it's when sakura is explaining chakra control for the tree climbing), that a certain order of handseals are needed to successfully execute a specific Jutsu. Example: Chidori can only ever be activated by performing Ox, Rabbit, and then Monkey (that, and whatever else is needed to use it - proper chakra control, etc).
Same with Zabuza's uber-long water dragon jutsu.

And it's spelled "specific" Ictus

Icho
Tue, 08-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by: xanbcoo
And it's spelled "specific" Ictus

I believe that in some other post there was some kind of "trouble" because of spelling mistakes.

Please not anymore

Hikyuu
Tue, 08-02-2005, 01:05 PM
xanbcoo.. if that were true then why did the seals Sasuke used to perform the Katon.. .. not gonna put the name out of my ass...(technique that all Uchiha learn before becoming an adult in their society..uerah that one..) simplify
EDIT: Oh.. Also.. kage Bunshin was simplified.. not sure if it was in manga..

PSJ
Tue, 08-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Because they won't bother taking air time showing the same seals again, often they just yell the name of the jutsu when in reality(Naruto world) all seals are required to do a jutsu.

XanBcoo
Tue, 08-02-2005, 03:20 PM
When were the Kage Bunshin and the Gokakyu simplified??

But yeah, PSJ's right.

Rhanfahl
Fri, 08-05-2005, 01:49 AM
I still think there are "shortcut" seals.

Second hokage busted out two super advanced Suitons with four completely fresh hand movements that one has before or since used.

Suijinheki: 1. Thumbs up handseal 2. Crossed fingers handseal
Suishouha: 3. Praying handseal 4. Arms crossed handseal

I also think that its possible to have variations of handseals for different degrees of power on jutsus. Zabuza and Kakashi did that water dragon for like a minute straight. Zabuza was a shinobi-gatana mist ninja, if anyone knew shorter seals for Suiryuudan it would be him. I think it was that way not only for the dramatic effect of showing sharingan off for the first time but for the attack power.

I swear there were times where sasuke only did like two seals for fireball, and then later did like 4 or 5.

Also, if could be that the animators don't give a flying fuck and said, screw it, (enter generic handseals here) no one will know except the continuity freaks.

In all likelyhood the last is most likely the answer.

naruto-kira
Fri, 08-05-2005, 02:32 AM
Because they won't bother taking air time showing the same seals again, often they just yell the name of the jutsu when in reality(Naruto world) all seals are required to do a jutsu.

Rasengan don't require any hand seals, that also my theory why Sharigan user can't copy it. Hand seals are the identification of the Jutsus, and almost every jutsu we see in Naruto requires hand seals. That is probably why they said Sharigan can copy all jutsu's. Meaning Hand Seals, because Sharigan remembers everything witness,Unless Sharigan is psyhic and can read what the opponent is thinking, but Kakashi explained that those were jus false rumors. Jutsu's like Rasengan is all on the head, nothing to do with hand seals, I think that is pretty clever by the 4th Hokage.

Hikyuu
Fri, 08-05-2005, 07:21 AM
Naruto-kira.. you need to think before typing....Sharingan can copy Taijutsu.. last I checked that has no hand seals.. sure it is movements but still. When using a certain technique, the proper chakra molding and other chakra properties need to be just right.. so it cannot just be the hand seals it detects.

XanBcoo
Fri, 08-05-2005, 07:45 PM
I still cannot recall any handseals for any jutsu being simplified

American Hero
Sat, 08-06-2005, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by: Hikyuu
Naruto-kira.. you need to think before typing....Sharingan can copy Taijutsu.. last I checked that has no hand seals.. sure it is movements but still. When using a certain technique, the proper chakra molding and other chakra properties need to be just right.. so it cannot just be the hand seals it detects.

Still, remembering taijutsu is simply memorizing and imitating movement.

I don't believe a sharingan user can use a technique like Rasengan through the copying ability.

Zinobi
Sat, 08-13-2005, 12:49 AM
i have now read through every post now im thinking that sharingan just copies movements and if sharingan could copy one's mind i think sasuke wouldve copied rasengan by now because rasengan is stronger than chidori (fyi jiraiya said its stronger)

Mut
Sat, 08-13-2005, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by: Zinobi
i have now read through every post now im thinking that sharingan just copies movements and if sharingan could copy one's mind i think sasuke wouldve copied rasengan by now because rasengan is stronger than chidori (fyi jiraiya said its stronger)
It's been said a million times that rasengan cannot be copied. Jesus christ.

Strider
Sat, 08-13-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by: xanbcoo
I still cannot recall any handseals for any jutsu being simplified

Nor do I. However, if they have I am following PSJ's reasoning for why they would.

Also, the seals for the Uchiha's Katon Goukakyuu no Jutsu are Snake, Ram, Monkey, Boar, Horse & Tiger. Six seals. And, perusing through episodes where I recalled it being used (133, 130, 107, etc.), it may have been speedily done perhaps giving the illusion it was "simplified," but all the seals were completed.

aznroyale
Sat, 08-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Mangekyou is far more powerful than Sharingan

XanBcoo
Sat, 08-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by: aznroyale

no shit, thanks for enlightening us.
Also, thanks strider for listing teh gokakyu seals - I could never catch them all or be bothered to remember them.

Jadugar
Sat, 08-27-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by: aznroyale

Did you just figure that out now?

Strike Freedom
Sun, 08-28-2005, 08:57 PM
My apologies beforehand if there is a topic for this, but it seems proper for this thread. I would like to know what you all think about the other user of Mangekyou, Itachi mentions there is another user. I'm pretty confident it is Kakashi, but maybe there is a character that will be introduced later? Yet, the latest manga chapters has Kakashi saying that he'll be forced to us "it." hmmmm.....

ChaosK
Mon, 08-29-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by: Strike Freedom
My apologies beforehand if there is a topic for this, but it seems proper for this thread. I would like to know what you all think about the other use of Mangekyou, Itachi mentions there is another user. I'm pretty confident it is Kakashi, but maybe there is a character that will be introduced later? Yet, the latest manga chapters has Kakashi saying that he'll be forced to us "it." hmmmm.....

i think he means sasuke has the potential to get mangekyou and, kakashi is not an uchiha, drill that into your head.

XanBcoo
Mon, 08-29-2005, 04:20 PM
I think the "third user" is someone not introduced yet.
I'm sticking by that until we know for sure.

Strike Freedom
Wed, 09-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo

Originally posted by: Strike Freedom
My apologies beforehand if there is a topic for this, but it seems proper for this thread. I would like to know what you all think about the other user of Mangekyou, Itachi mentions there is another user. I'm pretty confident it is Kakashi, but maybe there is a character that will be introduced later? Yet, the latest manga chapters has Kakashi saying that he'll be forced to us "it." hmmmm.....

i think he means sasuke has the potential to get mangekyou and, kakashi is not an uchiha, drill that into your head.

Before you state a post, you should know what the facts are. I am very well aware that Kakashi isn't an UCHIHA. BUT, Itachi does STATE that there is someone else besides him that can use it....NOT INCLUDING SASUKE whom he acknowledges might be able to use it. Secondly, watch your tone when you are posting, not only do you leave yourself open to attacks by not knowing what you are talking about, you sound arrogant i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Yet, I will apologize if I did not seem clear in my original post. And I do ask you to go back and watch the episode of Sasuke's flashback as a child when Itachi talks to him about Mangekyou. He says there is another besides him at that point that can use it, meaning there are two already. Sasuke would become the third user IF he activates it i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Mut
Wed, 09-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Kakashi cannot be the third mangekyou sharingan user because he is not a Uchiha blood. That is final.

If Kakashi somehow is the third person, then that can only mean that Kishimoto decided to jump start a heroine and acid habit.

PSJ
Wed, 09-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by: Hikyuu

Sharingan can't copy Rasengan because of it's complex nature. There are to much to the Rasengan to be able to see through it in the short amount of time it is used.

ChaosK
Fri, 09-09-2005, 01:51 PM
oh shit, manga chapter 275 just killed off our discussion about kakashi's mangekyou sharingan ability and as mut said its getting gay.

Jadugar
Fri, 09-09-2005, 01:57 PM
I remember someone saying

Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo

He doesnt have the Uchiha blood but I think he will achieve mangekyou sharingham or something along those lines.

Strike Freedom
Fri, 09-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Oh Shnaps, is that what i think it is...ahem....end of discussion i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif This goes out to those who used the "bloodline" defence....u know who u r i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif