PDA

View Full Version : Saber Marionette J

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-01-2005, 12:55 AM
Did anyone see this hilarious anime? Basically it's about a future Japan where females are extinct (not as peaceful as it sounds though i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif). From animenfo:

Late in Earth Century due to overpopulation, efforts to colonization are made. However a mishap happens for a group of colonist early on for them in this story. This is a story of their legacy continuing their memories, living on a hostile planet of Pontais and Plasma with a relationship involving a love story that has gone wrong. Here in this world robots called Marionettes are used for fighting, completing menial labor and the replacement of the female population.

---

Koyasu Takehito is in his best role ever as Hanagata. Why is it his best? Well, he's famous for his serious roles (just hit his name up somewhere, you'll find millions) but Hanagata is one of his comedic ones - and I'm seriously in love with his comedic voice. It's just awesome.

Anyway, I recommend this series very much. It's 25 episodes long and available at boxtorrents among other places.

There are also a few sequel series which aren't as good.

dark maginn
Mon, 08-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Ya i seen this anime before at newyork on dvd

Munsu
Sun, 08-07-2005, 05:32 PM
I recently downloaded SMR, SMJ, SMJ Again, and part of SM J to X.... So you guys really recommend this, so that I should start watching?