PDA

View Full Version : Phase 41 Discussion

Millenium-Boyz
Sat, 07-30-2005, 09:39 AM
this is the link for the raw website, LoL i have been waiting for around 5 hours now, with refresh rate of 1 refresh per 10 minutes, i wanna go to bed know so please someone continue my job in refreshing at Saiyaman (http://bt.saiyaman.info/) LoLZ

muyg
Sat, 07-30-2005, 09:47 AM
you can always d/l raws from here . . .
http://www.tokyotosho.com/

note they have two versions, i think one is a low quality version.

dead
Sat, 07-30-2005, 09:53 AM
ROFL the 'low' quality is 256 MB, eh its not low quality actually, the other1 is just really way better i think, it says 120 fps i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif - eww

EDIT: ROFLMAO at the time there is only 1 seed and 800 peers i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

Guardian_2000
Sat, 07-30-2005, 09:54 AM
Yet another recap ep. The finest point had to be the preview at the end for me. While its not a bad recap its still a recap. Who can't wait to see Mwu piloting again and wants to see Lacus pilot IJ? You get your wish granted in the next ep.

Millenium-Boyz
Sat, 07-30-2005, 09:55 AM
wow chill man thanx a lot i have been waiting 5 hrs for that you know, thanx a lot for the link

john_doe_107
Sat, 07-30-2005, 09:55 AM
heard they changed a few scenes in the OP.
athrun!!!
that frame at the end is hot!
athrun in ribena colours, still with a band aid on his cheek i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Guardian_2000
Sat, 07-30-2005, 10:20 AM
you mean this difference?

GSD-41 intro change (http://www.afterimpact.net/files/gsd-05.jpg)

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sat, 07-30-2005, 10:30 AM
I didnt thought this post would exist, i saw the raw rdy for dl 2 hours ago, but since it was a recap i prefered not to open a new topic. I better wait till Phase 41 is subbed or till Phase 43 is out, the raw version of course, i cant wait that much.

Guardian_2000
Sat, 07-30-2005, 10:42 AM
Same here. I almost always wait till after I've seen the ep then make a post so i can give alil mroe feedback than a small post saying its out. Thats just a release then not a discussion. Next ep thou. Definately. I'll post as soon as its out if it hasn't been announced.

Strike Freedom
Sat, 07-30-2005, 12:09 PM
I think that the reason this episode is a recap is because Fukuda changed around some stuff again in the overall play out of the series....that's just my guess....

redemption2
Sat, 07-30-2005, 12:24 PM
Well, you have to remember, Saiyaman isn't in japan at the moment, so the raws will be late on him. anyone know if l33t raws has it out yet?

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sat, 07-30-2005, 02:17 PM
it takes l33t-raws around 1 to 2 days to release it.

BUt there are already 2 diferent raws available.

xat
Sat, 07-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Wow is that SF in METEOR in episode 41's op?

drunkenmaster
Sat, 07-30-2005, 04:43 PM
yeap thats meteor alright. in one scene, it shows both strike freedom and infinte justice in metor.

Mashux7
Sat, 07-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Saiyaman just release it http://bt.saiyaman.info/

burnout
Sat, 07-30-2005, 06:47 PM
Finally

now i can see the ep in raw (witch i dont do often)

btw can anyone make me a sig???

Millenium-Boyz
Sat, 07-30-2005, 08:37 PM
FuCK shit, this episode is A RECAP, i hate it so much, and the best thing of this episode was just the next week episode, i wanna see the part when DOM trooper arrive on the earth, and MWU/NEO got released from AA, and THE DEBUT OF IJ, but its funny seeing IJ and SF orbit the earth holding hand. there s nothing much to discuss in this episode

zn|¹
Sat, 07-30-2005, 10:14 PM
It was an ok episode; in terms of recaps, I think the best.
Still, at this point in the story....
Pretty much just a ploy in which they attempted to expand on the characters of Kira and Asuran they couldn't properly integrate into the story.
I think a lot more people will like it once the subs are out.

-edit-
The opening changes were interesting... did anyone notice that in the final scene Strike-Freedom had a super glow to its golden parts and Infinite-Justice was in a different pose? Eh, just something I noticed out of boredom....

muyg
Sat, 07-30-2005, 10:29 PM
hiro fansubs release of episode 41

http://bt.nanashi-fansubs.com:...ab33d2440a4d8f.torrent (http://bt.nanashi-fansubs.com:2710/torrents/44936641fdc106e17627bf0038ab33d2440a4d8f.torrent)

Curium
Sat, 07-30-2005, 10:32 PM
Botlist for #Hiro

[Hiro]_Gundam_SEED_Destiny_Phase_41_[3A012C52].avi
/ctcp Hiro|Sexy xdcc send #2
/ctcp bAka-upload xdcc send #32
/ctcp Nanashi|Ahobaka xdcc send #50

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sat, 07-30-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by: Millenium-Boyz
FuCK shit, this episode is A RECAP, i hate it so much, and the best thing of this episode was just the next week episode, i wanna see the part when DOM trooper arrive on the earth, and MWU/NEO got released from AA, and THE DEBUT OF IJ, but its funny seeing IJ and SF orbit the earth holding hand. there s nothing much to discuss in this episode

Damn U, tho i could wait at least till next week, but no u had to post "SF and IJ holding hands", OMG, now i will download it. DAMN u.

Millenium-Boyz
Sun, 07-31-2005, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by: SFreedomZGMFx20a

Originally posted by: Millenium-Boyz

Damn U, tho i could wait at least till next week, but no u had to post "SF and IJ holding hands", OMG, now i will download it. DAMN u.

LoL sorry for spoiling dude

Curium
Sun, 07-31-2005, 12:42 AM
Really for a recap episode, it was passable. The only thing I CAN'T FORGIVE is the timing. 40 and 42 should have aired together rather then with a recap between them.

Roko
Sun, 07-31-2005, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by: burnout
btw can anyone make me a sig???

go to the fanart forum.

eh...stupid recap episode, can't believe they put one this late in the series

smurfyy
Sun, 07-31-2005, 03:15 AM
DAMDAMDAM!! I DON'T WANT A FREAKIN RECAP EP!! I WAS SO LOOKING FORWARD TO SHIN AND CAGALLI DUKING IT OUT ....@_@' one more week....

Curium
Sun, 07-31-2005, 03:47 AM
What I'm looking forward to is Shinn seeing Freedom.

blightian
Sun, 07-31-2005, 04:20 AM
screw, RECAP!!! man i don' t know whether its still worthy for dling

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-31-2005, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by: blightian
screw, RECAP!!! man i don' t know whether its still worthy for dling

It still has some new scenes in it.

If you really are a Gundam fan, you should of course watch all episodes.

Sears
Sun, 07-31-2005, 05:48 AM
Why god. All I want to see is Shinns face when freedom flys in to stomp on his emo ass.

Cion
Sun, 07-31-2005, 06:44 AM
SFreedom soars the sky.
Shinn: But i killed him?
IJustice enters the battle
Athrun: No you didn't
Shinn: Athrun!? I killed you too.
Stellar: Shinn Why you try to drown Stellar?
Shinn: Stellar!!!!!!!

burnout
Sun, 07-31-2005, 07:04 AM
WHAHAHAHA now that would be funny if it happend

the part that stellar asks shinn would be hilarious

Psyke
Sun, 07-31-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by: Cion
SFreedom soars the sky.
Shinn: But i killed him?
IJustice enters the battle
Athrun: No you didn't
Shinn: Athrun!? I killed you too.
Stellar: Shinn Why you try to drown Stellar?
Shinn: Stellar!!!!!!!

Haha.... He'd react exactly how he reacted when Mayu died.

dspR
Sun, 07-31-2005, 10:17 AM
42 is going to be great.
That's all I have to say.

I don't mind recaps, but there were some cool new scenes and nostalgic GS ones.
So it wasn't bad.

Sano
Sun, 07-31-2005, 11:35 AM
The recap was good at reminding the viewer that the last battle in Seed was supposed to end all wars, and Kira and Athuran finally found their "goals" or "purpose." But as we all know, that didn't happen in Seed Destiny, as Kira and Athuran fought each other. The recap also reminded the viewer that Athuran was close with crew of the Minerva, and fought along besides them like how Kra fought along side the AA. But hell, this episode can't be compared to the actions of next week's episode!

Mite Gai
Sun, 07-31-2005, 12:04 PM
Yea, I can't wait to see the DOM trio in action, I wanna see if they will revamp the ol' Jet Stream Attack and do something cooler.

kinggalaxia
Sun, 07-31-2005, 12:13 PM
I agree somewhat on the episode's reviews so far. Personally, I thinkit's the worst recap because it mostly covered Athrun's escape & Kira's new fucking toy...both which we've seen in the last FIVE episodes.

One thing that struck me about this ep,tho...is something really scary.
The episode 40 parody from Cellphone was right......Fukuda has given main character to Kira, since the Seed Sheep wouldn't accept Shinn...who was wonderingly dialogue-less in 41, for the most part.

*sigh* Keep this up, GSD, and you're gonna be the letdown of 2005. The countdown to judgement begins....

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-31-2005, 12:29 PM
Good things about this episode:
- Seeing Yzak again
- Seeing Heine again
- Seeing Shinn slashing down Freedom again
- Seeing the shuttle from early Seed explode again
- Seeing Lacus almost get shot again

Bad things about this episode:
- Seeing Heine die again
- Seeing Lacus survive almost getting shot again
- Seeing Lacus
- Hearing Kira
- Seeing Miss Conille again
- And everything else really

Why must all fucking recaps include a Lacus song?
The one thing I hate about this stupid shit is that they use the same old scenes over and over, killing their original coolness. How many times do we need to see Uzumi die? AND YES WE KNOW THAT PATRICK ZALA WAS THE RIGHT WAY FOR YOU TO TAKE YOUR RANDOM SCARRED FUCKTARD!!!!!11111 God. So stupid.

Fukuda must die, but before doing so these last eps better be better than sex and coconut juice combined (don't ask).

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sun, 07-31-2005, 01:01 PM
OMG, I just watched Phase 41, i still dont forgive u @Millenium-Boyz, and The Whole Phase 41 doesnt compare to the preview for Phase 42.

I cant wait for it.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-31-2005, 01:05 PM
Also, why the hell were there a bunch of constipated zakus at the end of the ep?
I thought to myself "well at least I can enjoy the beautiful ending sequence" and I see a bunch of fucking lame mechs colored by a kid or something.

Are they advertising a color book or something? Instead of the ending?!?!?!?!!
When the hell did this show become a fully fledged commercial circus?
I can't believe this.

Seed crew: "let's insert another recap episode"
Some guy with IQ: "but why, people will hate us?"
Seed crew: "see, we have this new coloring book coming out and we kinda need to advertise for it and..."
Some guy with IQ: "but that's..."
Seed crew: "we'll let your kids do a contribution to the advertisement?"
Some guy with IQ: "sold, let's fuck the audience over"

muyg
Sun, 07-31-2005, 02:14 PM
@Terra LOL, if they kept adding songs they could have made this the first ever gundam musical.

Yay my coloring entry (#19) made it in i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif I swear that half of them are color blind

note, i was just kidding about the entry . . . lol

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-31-2005, 03:01 PM
Are you serious, did you color #19? How did you get it in, sent it to the box office?

Roko
Sun, 07-31-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
The one thing I hate about this stupid shit is that they use the same old scenes over and over, killing their original coolness.

Guess you're finally tired of watching Yzak over and over again, eh? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Fukuda must die, but before doing so these last eps better be better than sex and coconut juice combined (don't ask).

Agreed.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-31-2005, 03:16 PM
The Yzak scenes are exceptions.
I'm mainly talking about those really important story scenes that you loved the first time around but right now just feels silly to see again.

Curium
Sun, 07-31-2005, 04:02 PM
- Seeing Miss Conille again

Who?

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-31-2005, 04:37 PM
Annoying tanned girl who was only in the show during one episode. The one where Shinn flew through a cave and then assembled the Impulse when he came out.
Come to think of it, that was a pretty strange episode - it didn't feel like it went along with Destiny's normal flow, though I really liked it.
It was cool to see the Minerva do some random mission for once.

PSJ
Sun, 07-31-2005, 04:50 PM
That girl was even in an OP i thought it was strange she just appeared and then disappeared right after.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-31-2005, 04:57 PM
She wasn't in any openings - now that would have downright sucked if she was.

Fukuda: Let's include a random character which appears in one episode in the opening!
Everybody: But what about Yzak?
Fukuda: Yz-who?

Edit: Okay I just noticed that SF and IJ are supposedly holding hands next episode. My initial reaction was "bullshit" but now, realizing it's true, my reaction is this:

GUNDAMS DON'T FUCKING HOLD HANDS!!!!!! WHERE THE HELL IS THIS SHOW GOING?!?!?!?!? I AM SO DAMN TIRED OF ALL THIS CUTE BULLSHIT AND KIRA'S & LACUS' UTTERLY MORONIC RELATIONSHIP AND HOW MUCH MORE ARE THEY GOING TO BUTCHER IT?!

*takes a deep breath*

FUCK YOU FUKUDA! BURN IN HELL!
AND FUCK YOU GUNDAM SEED DESTINY! 20959824924829)"()%()"%(")¤()¤

I'm so close to resigning my status of #1 seed fanboy now.

GOD.

PSJ
Sun, 07-31-2005, 05:03 PM
Justice and Freedom held hands in SEED when Freedom was standing on the kusanagi while launching into space and Justice was trying to get on. That looked gay, looked like they were trying to kiss.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-31-2005, 05:07 PM
That was different, that happened because Justice wouldn't have made it otherwise.

This happens because the people behind Destiny are turning the show from a war drama to a relationship series between the two worst gundam characters ever (beside the Wing cast).

Earlier today I fantasized about splitting Lacus' stomach open with a letter knife. I started to drool.

Miro69
Sun, 07-31-2005, 05:22 PM
She wasn't in any openings - now that would have downright sucked if she was.

Fukuda: Let's include a random character which appears in one episode in the opening!
Everybody: But what about Yzak?
Fukuda: Yz-who?

Edit: Okay I just noticed that SF and IJ are supposedly holding hands next episode. My initial reaction was "bullshit" but now, realizing it's true, my reaction is this:

GUNDAMS DON'T FUCKING HOLD HANDS!!!!!! WHERE THE HELL IS THIS SHOW GOING?!?!?!?!? I AM SO DAMN TIRED OF ALL THIS CUTE BULLSHIT AND KIRA'S & LACUS' UTTERLY MORONIC RELATIONSHIP AND HOW MUCH MORE ARE THEY GOING TO BUTCHER IT?!

*takes a deep breath*

FUCK YOU FUKUDA! BURN IN HELL!
AND FUCK YOU GUNDAM SEED DESTINY! 20959824924829)"()%()"%(")¤()¤

I'm so close to resigning my status of #1 seed fanboy now.

GOD.

Seed was good. Seed Destiny is nothing but Fukuda's Cash Cow reeling in money from the success of the first season.

Freki
Sun, 07-31-2005, 05:43 PM
I have to agree that the hand holding in SEED was very different. Freedom was pulling Justice onto the ship so it wouldn't be left behind. This next episode just seems like Kira and Lacus want to take a romantic stroll in their gundams through the atmosphere.

WHERE THE HELL IS THIS SHOW GOING?!?!?!?!?

The final episode of GSD will be a clip show, with the only new scene consisting of all mobile suits joining hands in space to form a ring around the earth while Lacus leads them all in song. It will be Fukuda's final screw you to everyone who has watched the show.

shiro03
Sun, 07-31-2005, 05:59 PM
hmmm... i dont have any comment on SF n IJ holding hands... cos i i didnt actually see it hhahahaha.
but wat i saw was mineva going head on with archangle.just wondering who will have the edge,2 woman captain 1 new ship vs 1 old ship.thats going to be interesting i assume.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-31-2005, 06:11 PM
Jesus, the ending of Destiny is going to blow so much. Mwu is back and hooks up with Murrue, Shinn hooks up with Luna who will probably survive for no reason, Athrun has Cagalli, Kira has Lacus of course... EVERYTHING IS SO SWEET THAT I WANT TO PUKE

The manuscript was written by a 4-year old. I don't want a damn Disney movie, I want my war drama. Freakin' idiots don't have the balls to kill off anyone important because they change the manuscript all the time just to increase the sales. I feel so cheated, obsessing over something that abides so fiercely by the laws of money making. Fuck.

But sure, go ahead and kill Heine, he wasn't important! BUT YET HE WAS MORE INTERESTING THAN KIRA AND LACUS HAVE EVER BEEN... and that's after 4 episodes.
Oh I forgot that the fans will stop watching if poor Kira or Lacus are ever separated from each other i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

PSJ
Sun, 07-31-2005, 06:23 PM
Just wanted to clarify that i didn't mean the hand holding was the same....

I agree with you on that this show is turning bad. Even though i don't have anything against Kira and Lacus it's complete bullshit that they rake over the show to make it a relationship drama. I want fucking war.

ChaosK
Sun, 07-31-2005, 11:16 PM
or you know, if they really wanted to encorperate romance they could've at least had some cheating and an all out bitch fight

Kira: DAMN YOU SHE'S MINE!!
Athurn: AINT MY FAULT SHE STARTED FUCKING ME!
Kira: YOU KNOW DAMN WELL MINE IS BIGGER
Athurn: THATS ONLY BECAUSE MINE WAS MANUFACTURED FIRST!
Lacus: umm guys, why are you in your gundams?

Digitalgirl
Sun, 07-31-2005, 11:33 PM
just finished watching the ep. wth was with those drawings at the end?.......and recaps suck.

Strike Freedom
Sun, 07-31-2005, 11:54 PM
dear comrades, let us wait and c what happens...i'm tired of all this mushy stuff too...and I want to see a lot of main characters being knocked off....

smurfyy
Mon, 08-01-2005, 12:08 AM
dam you terra......tanaka rie's songs are great -_-
lol, the only thing im really looking forward to is the reason why Mwu pilots the sky grasper again...

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-01-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by: smurfyy
dam you terra......tanaka rie's songs are great -_-

Well damn you back, I never said they weren't good.
I only said that Lacus sucks and should get decapitated slowly. Wait, I didn't say that either. Well, I'll say it now then. Lacus should die.

Strike Freedom
Mon, 08-01-2005, 01:55 AM
Alrighty, I was just watching the preview again (and I'm sorry if someone stated this) but Kira is in SEED mode against Shinn from the look of things (look at his eyes when he gives that surprised look). So Kira vs Shinn, both in SEED, one has Newtypes and the other a relentless will, who will win? Taking bets now i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

newspaper odds

Kira vs Shinn -- 1:10

john_doe_107
Mon, 08-01-2005, 02:28 AM
watched the episode..
isn't that much of a waste, some extensions to old scenes here and there.
well..at least we know why our heroes are doing what they're doing.
so not bad for a recap.
or probably some really good marketing scheme, after the preview, i'm sure everyone will be tuned on for phase 42.

Curium
Mon, 08-01-2005, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by: john_doe_107
or probably some really good marketing scheme, after the preview, i'm sure everyone will be tuned on for phase 42.

That would have been the case after episode 40 WITHOUT the preview.

Marcis
Mon, 08-01-2005, 04:08 AM
Could it be they intend GSD to run for 52 eps?
Anybody knows is ep count confirmed? 50 or 52?
Or... 3rd season??? i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

dead
Mon, 08-01-2005, 08:03 AM
JESUS CHRIST, just imagine an GS season 3 ......... THE HORROR .......... what new superpower will kira aquire?? can he do the kamehameha now??

Guardian_2000
Mon, 08-01-2005, 09:01 AM
50 episodes. Thats what the count should be with the new show in GSD's timeslot. However its said that GSD will be moving to a new timeslot. For reruns most would assume. I'm also betting that there will be a double ep. Most likely the final ep.

I have no doubts that there will be a third season. GS is their most popular gundam series todate and it is raking in the cash for them. The next confirmed gundam series isn't expected till 2009 but that still leaves plenty of room for another season of SEED or a sidestory in the CE universe. Perhaps the Astrays.

redemption2
Mon, 08-01-2005, 10:46 AM
why are you guys making such a big deal about the holding hands thing? If you hadn't noticed, Lacus has ZERO piloting skills. She needs her hand held because she knows absolutely nothing about piloting. She'd just burn up in the atmosphere and Kira wouldn't let that happen, much to Terra's chargin. To be honest, I think that this episode was to give an opportunity to finally take Lacus's virginity, that is if her Haro hadn't done it already. The Mwu/SkyGrasper thing is too easy, and he should die. I like the Murrue/Andrew angle. They both lost people precious to them, and they're also great commanders. Let them get together, please! Also, the way I see it either Luna or Meyrin is going to die by the end. Any takers as to which one?

PSJ
Mon, 08-01-2005, 11:41 AM
If Neo goes out in a Sky Grasper i hope he gets shot down the second someone sees him. I mean Kira in strike got defeated by the Goufs and ZAKUs no way in hell Neo can fight BABIs and Goufs with a Sky Grasper.

Would be fun to see Lacus trying to fight in IJ. Though if she spoils that great suit i'm gonna kill her myself.

Strike Freedom
Mon, 08-01-2005, 12:11 PM
from what I've heard, Neo is not fighting for AA, Murrue just lets him go and she tells him to use the Sky Grasper. So I doubt he will regain his memories or what not.

Gangrel
Mon, 08-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Hi, i follow most posts on this forum I just didn't post until now as u can c.

I think GSD was just a show to make money not really anything else. The only thing that keep me watching this is that since I've watched all these 41 episodes I won't stop now. Seed is by FAR better than Destiny will ever claim to be, and all that Destiny do is copy stuff and show how unoriginal they are.

The recap wasn't bad but they should put the recap on the episode 39 with kira getting his new shiny weapon of massive destruction that ppl bend over to watch. It's funny how ppl would do a blow job for Kira...

Writer's room:

Writer #1: "Hey, what u say we make Kira look rly cool so full of himself and own everyone on a fight?"
Writer #2: "And let's make a kid that looks like an ass and wanna fight Kira and his friends. Oh, and of course he will loose his family on the previous war!"
Writer #3: "Ya and Archangel is back and we make a ship similar to Archangel but fight against it which is the bratt's ship (Shin duh)"
Fukuda: "Ok! All set! We have almost everything for 50 episodes! Call the designers and lets make tons of Gundams to sell!"

ChaosK
Mon, 08-01-2005, 03:33 PM
you are an idiot who should burn in hell, you gave me a wonderful first impression, now go away.

I hate recap eps, but this one wasnt that bad.

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by: redemption2
why are you guys making such a big deal about the holding hands thing? If you hadn't noticed, Lacus has ZERO piloting skills. She needs her hand held because she knows absolutely nothing about piloting. She'd just burn up in the atmosphere and Kira wouldn't let that happen, much to Terra's chargin.

You are seriously dumb if you think THAT'S the reason to why they are holding hands. They are holding hands because they are a sugary sweet couple of severe random idiocy. Also, where is it stated that she has "ZERO" piloting skills? The damn girl can command a battleship, I am sure she has also had enough basic training to move a mobile suit (otherwise why would she even sit in it, Kira could probably carry the IJ through the galaxy! - or more realistically, they could have transported it with a ship or something).

telemari
Mon, 08-01-2005, 05:16 PM
He could also put IJ on remote and control both SF and IJ at once.

And GUNDAM of mass destruction probably have autopilot.

Curium
Mon, 08-01-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by: telemari
He could also put IJ on remote and control both SF and IJ at once.

And GUNDAM of mass destruction probably have autopilot.

I'm not sure if that is a good idea or not. If they did do it they would definately need to remove or alter them whenever these Gundams get stolen. Can you imagine if at the beginning of SEED the Archangel just simply used an auto-pilot signal to take back the four stolen Gundams. Quite a change in the history for CE.

masamuneehs
Mon, 08-01-2005, 07:01 PM
I downloaded it... and it was everything I feared....

You'd think that with only 9 episodes left they wouldn't waste one on a shitty recap episode (especially since Destiny has been riddled with recap scenes, flashbacks and all that recycled footage crap to the point where it makes me see red) But they did... Way to waste an episode...

interesting to see them AGAIN putting stuff into the Openings that they haven't shown us yet in the actual show (Meteor, Athrun's new unit) You'd think the element of surprise meant something to these people... But guess it doesn't at all

Cion
Mon, 08-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Extreamly boring recap. Since next ep looks to have all new gundams
even the Doms? I really hope we will se some fine battles now, after this.

telemari
Mon, 08-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by: Curium
I'm not sure if that is a good idea or not. If they did do it they would definately need to remove or alter them whenever these Gundams get stolen. Can you imagine if at the beginning of SEED the Archangel just simply used an auto-pilot signal to take back the four stolen Gundams. Quite a change in the history for CE.
That's not really a change.
1) autopilot may mean something autostabilisating or something, not exactly "dummy plug". even aircrafts now have something like that. cagalli used something like this.
2) remote control without pilot explicitly allowing it is a really bad idea (not that they use information warfare in gundam or something). it may have slow react-time and may be shut down with neutron jammer like other dario communication. not usuable for fighting, but usuable for landing.
3) first gundams was reprogrammed after they stole them, for freedom in GS, lacus had proper codes, and that's possible with some chairman conspiracy.

Marcis
Mon, 08-01-2005, 11:02 PM

Originally posted by: redemption2
why are you guys making such a big deal about the holding hands thing? If you hadn't noticed, Lacus has ZERO piloting skills. She needs her hand held because she knows absolutely nothing about piloting. She'd just burn up in the atmosphere and Kira wouldn't let that happen, much to Terra's chargin.

You are seriously dumb if you think THAT'S the reason to why they are holding hands. They are holding hands because they are a sugary sweet couple of severe random idiocy. Also, where is it stated that she has "ZERO" piloting skills? The damn girl can command a battleship, I am sure she has also had enough basic training to move a mobile suit (otherwise why would she even sit in it, Kira could probably carry the IJ through the galaxy! - or more realistically, they could have transported it with a ship or something).

Imagine SF carrying IJ in it's arms... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

masamuneehs
Mon, 08-01-2005, 11:29 PM
I just hope some characters go back to the dirtnap they were in before. Mwu/Neo is about to piss away yet ANOTHER chance to live a decent life, without most of his memories it seems, like a chicken running around with his head chopped off.

Lacus piloting? Don't make me laugh! That girl would be dead in the first five minutes. But, of course, Kira or the Bullshit God that is Fukuda-kami will save her somehow and they'll be all lovey-dovey again.

And on a similair note, Cagalli should get her new golden Crapatski messed up by Shinn. Destiny is his show, its time he goes out and proves it!

Doms & Sky Grasper? Neo's a dead duck, even with his Newtype skills.

Ever get that incurable craving for a show where the bad guys win, or at least where the good guys aren't so infinetley upright, moral and righteous? CUZ I'M HUNGRY FOR SOME DECENT PLOT!

Curium
Mon, 08-01-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
Destiny is his show, its time he goes out and proves it!

I know I've seen people post on this board that Fukuda had been saying from the beginning of Destiny that Kira and Athrun were always the main characters. People just didn't iterpret it that way. I haven't seen the interview myself so I can't confirm it.

Ever get that incurable craving for a show where the bad guys win, or at least where the good guys aren't so infinetley upright, moral and righteous? CUZ I'M HUNGRY FOR SOME DECENT PLOT!

That sounds an awful lot like Kazuma from S-Cry-Ed.

john_doe_107
Tue, 08-02-2005, 04:51 AM
hey..
what happened to haro2tori2 and seed fansubs?
aren't they releasing phase 41 as well?

Zariel
Tue, 08-02-2005, 05:03 AM
well... I'd recommend don't rush them... not really nice to... just wait them...

anywho, the recap wasnt bad, kind of a indirect conversation between kira and athrun, similar topic like the one they had in Orb in Onogoro.

seems alot of new stuff will be introduced in next epi.!

Curium
Tue, 08-02-2005, 05:08 AM
hey..
what happened to haro2tori2 and seed fansubs?
aren't they releasing phase 41 as well?

I would bet it isn't a high priority since it is just a recap.

john_doe_107
Tue, 08-02-2005, 05:15 AM
yeah..the episode wasn't a waste actually. come to think of it. i don't like it when i can't catch up. besides, its always good to see why the characters do what they do through their own eyes.

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-02-2005, 06:24 AM
It was NOT a waste? They could have had Kira and Athrun converse -directly- and throw in a few of the most significant flashbacks and yet get the exact same point across.

There is no excuse for this clipshow.

john_doe_107
Tue, 08-02-2005, 07:17 AM
It was NOT a waste? They could have had Kira and Athrun converse -directly- and throw in a few of the most significant flashbacks and yet get the exact same point across.

There is no excuse for this clipshow.

don't exactly follow you here..

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-02-2005, 07:23 AM
You said that the episode wasn't a waste, I said that it was and why I think so.
What is there not to follow?

john_doe_107
Tue, 08-02-2005, 07:46 AM
hmm...don't think we're on the same wavelength here
the bit where "hey could have had Kira and Athrun converse -directly- and throw in a few of the most significant flashbacks and yet get the exact same point across."
sounds like you're putting your idea in there, so please, share it with us..

FOLLOW?

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-02-2005, 08:00 AM
I'm finding it hard to make it more understandable than that but I'll try.

You said the episode wasn't a waste because it was interesting to see how Kira & Athrun felt about the things they've done so far, as well as the fact that you "don't like it when you can't catch up."

And I basically said that what they achieved in this episode, 41, could easily have been brought forth by having Kira & Athrun talk directly to each other (as a small portion in a full-length episode), and then just throw in some flashbacks for emphasis. This would have given us the same "catching up" as well as a (quite unnecessary) insight in how Kira & Athrun thinks. Hence, having a clipshow is still just a lazy way to earn some extra money and easier hit the episode count of 50.

Do you FOLLOW now?

john_doe_107
Tue, 08-02-2005, 08:16 AM
FOLLOW..
i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
not too hard is it?

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Tue, 08-02-2005, 08:28 AM
OMFG, i just realized this saturday i will be having classes all morning, Phase 42 seems so distant now. FUK.

EDIT: Oh, yeah phase 41 finally show us how Kira and Athrun have felt during Destiny, still i find it CRUEL to put it this far in the anime. It simply is CRUEL.

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-02-2005, 08:36 AM
FOLLOW..

not too hard is it?

What the fuck is your problem?

PSJ
Tue, 08-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Oh my god. Doe's posts are the funniest shit in a while. Hey Doe can't you post some more of your comedy?

I haven't even seen 41 yet but if it's only an insight in how Kira and Athrun thinks it better be some badass flashbacks for it to be enjoyable.

telemari
Tue, 08-02-2005, 10:52 AM
What happened to HaroTori? Can it be that 41 is so bad they commited suicide?

PSJ
Tue, 08-02-2005, 11:00 AM
Probably not a top priority to sub a recap ep.

telemari
Tue, 08-02-2005, 11:06 AM
Yeah, it's on top of a page. Sorry i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

muyg
Tue, 08-02-2005, 06:46 PM
Oh joy Haro^2 Tori^2 subbed epiode 41 (kidding on the oh joy part)

http://www.harotori.org/torrent/?3844B8D5

don't know why they have two versions, but here's the link to the second one
here (http://www.point-blank.cc:7001/torrents/%5BHaro%5E2_Tori%5E2%5D_Gundam_SEED_Destiny_-_41_%5Bv2%5D_%5BA6B63AE8%5D.avi.torrent?info_hash= b4623ba49629375c4da5bb66cd6366ce4e0851ae)

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-02-2005, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

Curium
Tue, 08-02-2005, 10:23 PM
In case you didn't see the edit, Muyg edited his post announcing the HaroTori version. They have released a "Version 2" of episode 41 for some reason. I don't get Haro Tori so I have no idea why.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Tue, 08-02-2005, 10:56 PM
They surely messed up in some part, i cant blame them, a recap episode must be hard to sub, or boring, after all they sub what they like, but a recap kinda its the opossite. If i werent like i am, kinda like a collector, i would keep Cellphone and Seed's Phase 40 and delete phase 41, but i cant leave behind one file plus it really contributes to the story, the problem is the time in which was aired, the b4 explained would apply to GSD EDITED.

Curium
Tue, 08-02-2005, 11:53 PM
They surely messed up in some part, i cant blame them, a recap episode must be hard to sub, or boring, after all they sub what they like, but a recap kinda its the opossite. If i werent like i am, kinda like a collector, i would keep Cellphone and Seed's Phase 40 and delete phase 41, but i cant leave behind one file plus it really contributes to the story, the problem is the time in which was aired, the b4 explained would apply to GSD EDITED.

EDITED takes place between episode 15 and 16.

kAi
Wed, 08-03-2005, 11:55 AM
Damn, I hate these recap episodes, Damn Harotori, for making a version 2, i started my downloaded when I went to work, and thought it would be done when I get back, but they bring out a version 2. Not watching it again though.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Wed, 08-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by: Curium

EDITED takes place between episode 15 and 16.

I know, but still is an episode, recap.

Marcis
Thu, 08-04-2005, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by: kAi
Damn, I hate these recap episodes, Damn Harotori, for making a version 2, i started my downloaded when I went to work, and thought it would be done when I get back, but they bring out a version 2. Not watching it again though.
And SEED-Fansubs haven't even subbed 41st yet... i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

alex_milliardo_zilch
Thu, 08-04-2005, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by: Marcis

Originally posted by: kAi
And SEED-Fansubs haven't even subbed 41st yet...

i'm downloading my versions of GSD episodes for collection at Seed Fansubs, do anyone know other groups that sub well? It seems Seed Fansub always have their episodes late.

Curium
Thu, 08-04-2005, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by: alex_milliardo_zilch
i'm downloading my versions of GSD episodes for collection at Seed Fansubs, do anyone know other groups that sub well? It seems Seed Fansub always have their episodes late.

Its not so much that they are late, and more that they don't care about episode 41 since it is a recap episode. If you search back through this thread you will find a link for the Haro^2-Tori^2 version, they are just as good. Personally I don't burn right away so I will continue to wait.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Thu, 08-04-2005, 01:06 PM
Seed-Fansubs Phase 41 is out.

http://seed.eatshoe.com/

About time, not that i care. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

EDIT1:
Seed-Fansubs' Phase 41 (http://seed.eatshoe.com/torren...y%20-%2041.avi.torrent]http://seed.eatshoe.com/torrents/%5BSEED-Fansubs%5D%20Gundam%20SEED%20Destiny%20-%2041.avi.torrent)

EDIT2: Ok, i couldnt make the link work the other way so i wil let it the way it works.