PDA

View Full Version : 666 Satan

XanBcoo
Fri, 07-29-2005, 10:34 PM
Did anyone else know about this? 666 Satan is a manga by Masashi Kishimoto's younger twin brother. Apparently talent does not run in their family because it was all I could do to read through the first chapter. The style is very very similar to the Naruto Pilot chapter, only worse. So yeah, It's pretty bad.

The characters are pretty shallow - the main character, Jio, is a Naruto/young Goku clone who suffers from the same isolation that Naruto dealt with early on. The other main character, Ruby, is annoying. The story is pretty weak in its execution:
*Ruby meets Jio*
"Hi, what's your name?"
"Jio"
"I'm Ruby. My dream is to become the world's greatest treasure hunter*
(who gives a shit??)

Parts of it remind me of a poorly made videogame (the characters are just excuses to talk about how things work in the world), and the whole thing does not have "success" written all over it. Or anywhere on it, for that matter.

In any case, I still thought it was cool to read just because the brothers' art styles are so similar. Worth taking a look at, if only for that. I suppose it could get better and possibly become pretty good, but I don't see a lot of potential.

Here is a link where you can get chapters 1-22 (dunno if that's all of them)
http://www.directmanga.com/series/666satan.html

kAi
Fri, 07-29-2005, 11:21 PM
Yeah, I read this, it's not that good of a manga, but it's ok, it's been going for a while.
That's all that's translated at the moment.

Well he just turned into Satan.

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 07-30-2005, 02:51 AM
hmmm i liked this manga a lot the thing is it's too damn slow i think it's released monthly and only one chapter every month is just way too slow

Nai
Sat, 07-30-2005, 09:53 PM
I AM SATAN!

I really can't believe how fucking crappy this manga was. But yeah, their art styles are very similiar.

samsonlonghair
Wed, 08-03-2005, 02:23 AM
Are you fucking kidding me? Ruby asks Jio what his dream is and he responds, "to rule the world!" I laughed my ass off. It was so spontaneuos that it was great.

kAi
Wed, 08-03-2005, 11:56 AM
Yeah, I was laughing pretty hard after that line, that's what kept me interested.

XanBcoo
Wed, 08-03-2005, 08:04 PM
yeah, that was funny.
It just bothered me that they were sharing their dreams after only having met 10 minutes earlier.

I don't care who you are, that's not a common topic of conversation.
"Hmmm, the weather's nice today"
"My dream is to become a treasure hunter"

The whole story is just so derivative and dumb that I couldn't find an interest in it.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 08-15-2005, 08:31 AM
heh i dumped it too after few chapters cause it was too stupid,didnt have anything intresting in it.

Munsu
Sun, 09-18-2005, 06:31 AM
I can see this series getting a bit more serious after the last chapter released... When people start getting their arms and head chopped off it's a good sign that the story is changing for the better...

I think it's an ok manga to read a chapter at a time whenever it gets released

Munsu
Wed, 12-14-2005, 09:09 PM
Any of you still reading this?

Volume 6 Gaiden was just released, and I have to say that this backstory was great...

XanBcoo
Thu, 12-15-2005, 04:14 AM
I tried reading the second chapter but I gave up. My opinion hasn't changed, I still think it's crap.

Munsu
Thu, 12-15-2005, 04:37 AM
Well the manga gets alot better than the first couple of chapters..

Not saying it's great... far from it... but it's still a good read...

Two chapters are never enough for me to say if i'll continue reading something or not...

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 01-04-2006, 01:16 AM
Wow Kishimoto's little brother writes this. That alones has caught my interest. But if this series sucks as much as you guys claim it does I can only imagine the awkward conversations that take place at the Kishimoto household. Just out of curiousity where is this manga published is it in Shounen Jump like naruto or is it in some other manga publication?

As far as I'm concerned this series is still in it's infancy if it's only 25 chapters long. Wait a year then come back to see if Kishimoto or one of his editors comes by to give his little brother a hand. Then again just the name alone I can imagine his brother being a whiny little wannabe goth who spends his day's around hottopic.

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 01-04-2006, 04:48 AM
well only about 25 chapters have been translated i think it's published in a monthly magizine if i'm right it's in a magazine Square-Enix owns, so if it becomes popular enough maybe a video game would be made but i don't really think so there's almost no fanbase for this manga although for some reason i really like this manga, but one chapter a month is just too freaking long of a wait if it was a weekly thing like naruto it could've been really good

Munsu
Thu, 01-26-2006, 07:12 AM
Yeah, it's a pain in the ass waiting for chapters, at least each chapter is long... So when they are released it's worthwile...

Kurapica
Thu, 01-26-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm reading it. It's good.

Sidnne
Sun, 03-19-2006, 09:46 PM
I actually like this manga a lot.

I read the first chapter and it wasn't very good, so I wasn't very interested in reading anymore. But I decided to go ahead and read a few more chapters and it does get a lot better after the first few chapters.

I got caught up on all 25 scanlated chapters and I have to say I really like it now. It does have some similarities to Naruto, but it also started to remind me of Bleach a lot too.

While the manga isn't released often, the storyline itself does pickup and move at a fairly fast pace. Nothing really drags out and characters seem to progress pretty quickly.

Munsu
Tue, 03-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Chikusho has released chapter 26... Things are starting to get interesting, and this new group said that they plan to do weekly releases, so that's cool.

http://datorrents.com/download.asp?id=8234&name=666Satan_ch026v2_HQ_Chikusho.rar.torrent

Sidnne
Wed, 03-29-2006, 01:14 AM
Weekly releases eh? That would be great. Any idea how many chapters the manga is up to yet?

Also, thanks for the link.

kAi
Wed, 03-29-2006, 03:00 AM
Well, there is 9 volumes of raws that I know of.
So quite a few chapters left, until we catch up.

By the way, the manga has been added to MangaTraders.

Sidnne
Sat, 04-08-2006, 06:11 PM
Chapter 27 has been scanlated and is available Here (http://stoptazmo.com/downloads/get_file.php?file_category=666satan&mirror=5&file_name=666satan_027.zip)

Pretty awesome chapter too.

Chapter 28 is now available... if anyone still cares?
http://stoptazmo.com/downloads/get_file.php?file_category=666satan&mirror=2&file_name=666satan_028.zip

Munsu
Mon, 07-17-2006, 06:34 AM
Just read up to chapter 34...

This series gets better and better every chapter. I had my doubts at the beginning of the manga, but it has turned out to be quite good. Anyone else still reading this?

Sidnne
Wed, 07-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Yep, I still read it and I love it. I check for updates weekly.

There had been a dry spell for a while when new scans weren't being released. Thankfully its picked up in the past month or two and new scans are being released weekly.

This current tournament is pretty interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Munsu
Thu, 07-20-2006, 12:27 AM
Indeed, this tournament is going to be kickass... I'm pretty sure that after this they'll gain a new companion, I just hope it isn't the fat kid with the fish sword, he blows.

I'm still confused about how that whole Angels/Satan shit is supposed to work.

Sidnne
Thu, 07-20-2006, 04:42 PM
Besides those charts that have appeared in a few chapters, I don't think they have ever explained the Angels and Devils roles. In fact, I can't recall any mention of Angels prior to chapter 34. So yeah, I'm confused about that myself.

If they do get a new companion, it likely will be the fat fish guy, since he is going to look for them for help. But it could also be the girl... Anna I think her name is.
The other strong possibility would be Jin, Jio's friend from like chapter 2 or 3 who we thought had died. They do a terrible job of hiding the fact that the mysterious kid in the cloak is him, and Jio should be slapped for not noticing him yet.

Munsu
Sat, 08-26-2006, 06:01 AM
Finally chapter 35:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/w1s2uf

Sidnne
Wed, 09-06-2006, 06:31 PM
StopTazmo has up to chapter 41 scanned now. http://www.stoptazmo.com/666satan/

I really like the way this series moves, nothing ever feels like its dragging on.

An angel and another demon at this tournament, pretty interesting.

Munsu
Sat, 11-11-2006, 04:21 PM
I just read up to chapter 56...

Spoilers up to chapter 56....

I'm very glad they did the time jump, and I also liked how they used Ruby. She was a worthless character when it came to dangerous situations, so giving her a "sleeping beauty" role was a good idea in my opinion.

End